Type keyword(s) to search

Growing Up Supermodel - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I found Faith's bikini bottom situation to be disturbing too. She's 15, that's inappropriate. Watching Andrea on this makes me wonder how she runs a company. I've mentioned it before but I honestly do like her candles. She needs Krista and more Krista types in her life. 

Sometimes I wonder who the real Shanna is. She was insufferable on Meet the Barkers which Travis mentioned in his book he thought she became a different person for the cameras, smug on that plastic surgery competition show and bitchy snarky on Hollywood Exes. Does she play up characters for the camera? Her children seem very well grounded. While her new house looks depressing she always seems to have something going on to keep her afloat. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Surrealist said:

If I were Shanna, I would be annoyed by the fact that other moms are insinuating that my daughter is a slut because she dates around. She's still in high school. I expect that behavior from a high school kid.

ITA - please feel free to date around in high school instead of marrying the first guy you kiss! I remember way back during the first season of Veronica Mars, I was talking to a family friend (to be fair, a man who's twenty years older than I am). I was pleasantly surprised when he told me that he liked VM too. Then he started complaining about how she was too loose for dating so many guys. I was like uh, what? She dated Duncan in the flashbacks (which took place a year before the show started) and in the first season she was shown briefly dating Troy (for maybe three episodes?), Leo (for about four episodes), and Logan (again, three or four episodes). In real time, that means most of these "relationships" lasted a few weeks (less than a month) and she didn't have sex with any of them. How is that slutty/too loose? You're SUPPOSED to date when you're in high school!

• Love 4
11 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

ITA - please feel free to date around in high school instead of marrying the first guy you kiss! I remember way back during the first season of Veronica Mars, I was talking to a family friend (to be fair, a man who's twenty years older than I am). I was pleasantly surprised when he told me that he liked VM too. Then he started complaining about how she was too loose for dating so many guys. I was like uh, what? She dated Duncan in the flashbacks (which took place a year before the show started) and in the first season she was shown briefly dating Troy (for maybe three episodes?), Leo (for about four episodes), and Logan (again, three or four episodes). In real time, that means most of these "relationships" lasted a few weeks (less than a month) and she didn't have sex with any of them. How is that slutty/too loose? You're SUPPOSED to date when you're in high school!

That would be my DREAM, if I had a teenage daughter, if she behaved like Veronica Mars!

So glad you're here, EB! I am hoping this show catches on. I really need my daily fix of PTV snark.  

• Love 2
15 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

How is that slutty/too loose? You're SUPPOSED to date when you're in high school!

IMO if one was basically slutty/loose that would be they were having sex with each guy they dated. I knew a few girls like that and they were just nasty. Yet dating different guys doesn't not equal slutty though. I don't take her for being slutty at all. Back to the girls I knew they cared themselves a way you could see they were loosey goosey types. They made it obvious to all. Faith on the other hand is coming off more that type than Atiana has to me. I think if Andrea doesn't stand her ground on things and start finding out the truth on things (like the "crashed" party) that she is going to have so many issues pop up she won't be able to deal with and ones that she may not want her young daughter to end up having happen. Things like this is why these moms and daughters need to sit together in a room and have a calm talk about it all. Get it out in the open and wake Andrea up to what is going on with Faith before its to late.

• Love 5
On 9/14/2017 at 11:01 PM, Evil Queen said:

I pointed it out last week to my husband. It is the oddest thing to see with that shirt. I'm used to the spikes on black metal collars or bracelets with metal bands...not a champagne silk top like that. LMAO

If this top had been on Project Runway, the designer would have said, "I'm mixing hard and soft. It's feminine but edgy." Meanwhile I'd be watching and saying, "Nope!"

• Love 6
On 9/15/2017 at 4:04 AM, LemonSoda said:

I found Faith's bikini bottom situation to be disturbing too. She's 15, that's inappropriate. Watching Andrea on this makes me wonder how she runs a company. I've mentioned it before but I honestly do like her candles. She needs Krista and more Krista types in her life. 

Sometimes I wonder who the real Shanna is. She was insufferable on Meet the Barkers which Travis mentioned in his book he thought she became a different person for the cameras, smug on that plastic surgery competition show and bitchy snarky on Hollywood Exes. Does she play up characters for the camera? Her children seem very well grounded. While her new house looks depressing she always seems to have something going on to keep her afloat. 

Shanna looks so much older than she is!  All the fillers have really aged her.  She looks BAD!

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

Shanna looks so much older than she is!  All the fillers have really aged her.  She looks BAD!

She claimed on a podcast that it's actually weight gain. She was 40lbs heavier while filming the show.

15 minutes ago, sasha206 said:

I can't even believe the Schroeder daughters make a lot of money at modeling.  Neither are attractive.

Terrible personalities but I think they're pretty in a mall girl way. They look like the stereotypical blondes Abercrombie, stores like that would hire. 

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, LemonSoda said:

She claimed on a podcast that it's actually weight gain. She was 40lbs heavier while filming the show.

Terrible personalities but I think they're pretty in a mall girl way. They look like the stereotypical blondes Abercrombie, stores like that would hire. 

She's certainly heavier but her face looks distorted from plastic surgery.

I think the Schroeder girls look too much like Ricky for me to think they're attractive -- esp. the older one.

• Love 4

Faith Schroder seems like she is getting absolutely no parenting.  Her Instagram is filled with seductive photos of her wearing next to nothing, dating back a few years to when she was barely even a teenager.  She looks like she has already has had "work" done on her face, particularly her lips.  Poor girl had no idea her father is/was moving to Atlanta.  Andrea has no concept of boundaries.  And let's face it, Cambrie is an awful example and is in no position to be the "substitute parent."

I don't judge Faith for being a lying, manipulative, self-centered child.  She is behaving in a way that works for her...now.  I do judge her parents for seeing it and doing absolutely nothing about it.  I hope both parents look at this and are concerned enough to do something while they still can. 

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 11:36 PM, Sellevision said:

Faith Schroder seems like she is getting absolutely no parenting.  Her Instagram is filled with seductive photos of her wearing next to nothing, dating back a few years to when she was barely even a teenager.  She looks like she has already has had "work" done on her face, particularly her lips.  Poor girl had no idea her father is/was moving to Atlanta.  Andrea has no concept of boundaries.  And let's face it, Cambrie is an awful example and is in no position to be the "substitute parent."

I don't judge Faith for being a lying, manipulative, self-centered child.  She is behaving in a way that works for her...now.  I do judge her parents for seeing it and doing absolutely nothing about it.  I hope both parents look at this and are concerned enough to do something while they still can. 

It's particularly surprising considering she was raised Mormon.  They don't have even a hint of the modesty that has been inherent in my own Mormon friends.  And Faith strutted in that thong bikini bottom with clear confidence.  The girls also swear like crazy, which is verboten in Mormonism, and use these words generously in front of their mother.  And even after learning about Faith's behavior, Andrea continues to allow Faith to have parties without adults present, because she just knows everything is fine.  I know Faith's behavior is typical for a large number of teens, but she seems to be acting out.  If mom trusts her so implicitly, she's going to have a teen pregnancy on her hands.

Faith is by far my least favorite of the kids on this show.  I like Cambrie because she seems to realize that Faith really needs discipline and structure, and disapproves of slut-shaming.  But standing by while her boyfriend trashed her mother.  No way.  If I were Andrea, that kid would have been told to fuck on down the road. 

And it's very bizarre how they react to Andrea's dating.  Considering Andrea acts like the victim even though she was the one to file for divorce, I get the impression that she was bitterly unhappy, and perhaps cheated on.  Yet dad gets a free pass - other than the fact that they full on trash him on camera.  The whole family is so passive-aggressive and confrontation averse, which I believe comes from their former religion.  I wonder if Andrea is out dating most of the week.  It seems unlikely, but Faith seems to spend a lot of time alone in the evenings.  How difficult would it be to make a rule that only female friends, and a limited number at that, are allowed in the house while mom is gone?  They desperately need family therapy, and Andrea has to take some parenting classes in regard to healthy discipline.

• Love 8
On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 0:04 PM, sasha206 said:

I can't even believe the Schroeder daughters make a lot of money at modeling.  Neither are attractive.

I think they're pretty and photogenic.  They also seem very comfortable posing, and lack that self-conscious awkwardness that many have. 

On 9/13/2017 at 9:55 PM, Adeejay said:

Cambria is such a bitch.  It's okay for her father to have a steady girlfriend, but her mother shouldn't even date?!  WTF!  My kids would have to have lost their ever loving minds to speak to me the way Andrea's daughters speak to her.  Disrespectful, unattractive bitches!

On 9/18/2017 at 11:22 AM, LemonSoda said:

Yeah I find them both super ugly!  Cambria is really not good looking at all.  She is not even plain, she is just icky.  Faith is plain and boring.  I do not get them modeling at all!

All I know is, I have been thinking about that strawberry cake for the last few weeks, I think I need to make one!  Mine will not cost $300.00.

• Love 3

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but are there really four new episodes on tonight? I DVR this show and checked to see what's scheduled this evening and there were four new entries. 

Lifetime's trying to wrap this up quickly, perhaps?

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 3
48 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this question, but are there really four new episodes on tonight? I DVR this show and checked to see what's scheduled this evening and there were four new entries. 

My guide is showing the last four episodes, as well. I already knew this show wouldn't be renewed, but wow. I swear Wednesdays are the most coveted day for networks (+ Thursdays), so it does make sense to burn the show off and keep it moving.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

All I know is, I have been thinking about that strawberry cake for the last few weeks, I think I need to make one!  Mine will not cost $300.00.

Me too! I need to make one. Mine won't be $300 either lol

• Love 3

Are they really cancelling this? It's hilarious. 

I love Karine/L.A. Models Director introducing

Molly: Molly.

Karine (overlapping): Holly--Molly.

When I see Beverly Peele with her latest baby, I always think of Raising Arizona, and the husband explaining that his wife, mother to about seven kids, has been complaining, "These are gettin' too big to cuddle."

Beverly, after telling Cairo that she loves her, boasting that she's the only person in the whole wide world who can calm down Cairo, then the next second, she's telling the Schroder sisters, who are whining about Cairo, "Yeah, well, I have to put up with her mood swings every day."

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 3
On 8/26/2017 at 11:29 AM, RamonaVanderpump said:

I am confused by Beverly Peele and would love to know her story.  According to Wikipedia she had Cairo at 17 (which I imagine didn't help her career) and then she has all these other kids (including the latest) with no mention of a father for any of them.  What does she do to support these kids?  She mentioned needing a nanny so she must do something to afford one.

I also would LOVE to know the circumstances of the Shroder divorce and break up.  There seems to be a lot of tension there.  At first I thought maybe Rick had an affair or a mid life crisis but after doing some digging I get the impression (with no proof) that Andrea may have been cheating.

Dude, she just had her Second kid after 23 years with a man she's been with since 1994... don't try to throw shade

I'm here for Arissa.  What a kind, level-headed, lovely woman.  It seems she was raised as normal as possible, and has loads of empathy, and caring.  She is supportive and lovely to everyone, and accepts her position as a plus-sized model without making excuses for her size, or whining about the industry.  Steven is missing out by not having this daughter in his life full-time.

Arissa is by far my favorite.   She's a hard worker, and does not seem to use her parents as a step up.  I think Arissa, as well as Cairo and Janis, are the most normal and least spoiled of the group. 

I have nothing but best wishes for Arissa, and I hope she goes back to school so she has something strong to fall back on.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Ricky Schroder made me sad in the episode.  He has that ability since I saw Lonesome Dove.  He also starred in and directed the Whiskey Lullaby video, which always guts me.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=whiskey+lullaby&form=EDGTCT&qs=SC&cvid=b479246be0b64a4f8fbf8695edb1b198&cc=US&setlang=en-US&PC=HCTS

Yeah. He came across as genuinely sad.

Thanks for sharing the song. It's depressing, but a good tune.

I remember Ricky when he was in The Champ. This is a sad movie. Ricky seems to do well in those. I developed a crush when he starred on Silver Spoons. 

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Surrealist said:

I feel crazy in saying that I'll miss this show. 

I just finished watching the last four episodes. 

Right?! I almost made it through all four, but fell asleep midway through the last one. I absolutely love hate-watching this show and am bummed it won't be back. 

• Love 3

I am really trying to figure out what happened in the Schroder marriage. Based on what Andrea said about how the timing is not right for reconciling now, and Ricky crying, and he wants things back to how they used to be, it seems as if Ricky cheated, Andrea was devastated, the affair meant nothing to Ricky, he wants to get back together, but she is still too hurt and raw?

Maybe she was suffering from depression, because of the emptying nest, wasn't available to Ricky, so he cheated. He seems to need affection/companionship (he told her he was going home to the GF because he was tired of being alone).

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Love 1

Nice to see Rick Schroeder last night though rather awkward. They must really need the money for him to be bringing up the fact that they wouldn't be able to keep the Topanga Canyon home on camera. It's clear he is over this marriage completely but she isn't .

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

Nice to see Rick Schroeder last night though rather awkward. They must really need the money for him to be bringing up the fact that they wouldn't be able to keep the Topanga Canyon home on camera. It's clear he is over this marriage completely but she isn't .

What did he do with all his cash? he made bucks as a kid and was in NYPD Blue for a while. That house is gorgeous and those puppies I would have killed for.  But who lets a litter of puppies wander all over the house? The puppy box they made was a joke it will never hold all those active puppies. They will piss and shit all over the house.

There's something about the Schroeder mom that's off. I think she has a pill problem. The pink blouse with the studded neck? Ummm NO.

Shanna Moakler.. sorry but your daughter isn't that beautiful. She doesn't even want to be a model. You were way out of line to change photographs. And Oscar DeLa Hoya? What a creep.

• Love 4

I think JD can just back up a little. Glad that he has such a wonderful family but don't insist that Kelly LeBrock have warm feelings for a man, I'm told, was abusive to her and certainly not an attentive father to the three children that he spawned with her.  How judgmental can you be! I would find his " mansplaining" life vomit inducing.

• Love 6

I don't think Ricky is broke or even in financial distress. I think he's being realistic about finances and the future. Why keep a marital home and a beach house when your marriage is over? For emotional comfort? That doesn't make financial sense. Especially when there's only one kid left at home? (Is Faith the only one left?) Andrea seems to prefer Malibu. If keeping the Topanga house was such a big thing, I'm sure she would have asked for it in the divorce. Who knows? But I don't see a house sale or even downsizing your real estate portfolio as a sign of being broke. 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I think JD can just back up a little. Glad that he has such a wonderful family but don't insist that Kelly LeBrock have warm feelings for a man, I'm told, was abusive to her and certainly not an attentive father to the three children that he spawned with her.  How judgmental can you be! I would find his " mansplaining" life vomit inducing.

I get the positivity he's trying to spread and bring everyone together but he's not seeing the bad situations others survived. 

• Love 7
13 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm here for Arissa.  What a kind, level-headed, lovely woman.  It seems she was raised as normal as possible, and has loads of empathy, and caring.  She is supportive and lovely to everyone, and accepts her position as a plus-sized model without making excuses for her size, or whining about the industry.  Steven is missing out by not having this daughter in his life full-time.

Arissa is by far my favorite.   She's a hard worker, and does not seem to use her parents as a step up.  I think Arissa, as well as Cairo and Janis, are the most normal and least spoiled of the group. 

I have nothing but best wishes for Arissa, and I hope she goes back to school so she has something strong to fall back on.

This times one million! I really adore her and want her to have a great, fulfilling life.

• Love 5

Random thoughts on the marathon last night:

Can someone tell Cambrie how to pronounce "Addidas"? Cambrie does seem really driven though, and I thought her Adeedos pics were cool. She's very fit! Faith is a big nothing burger for me, and quit chewing on your hair, girl.

Cairo is a mean drunk, and the modeling agency lady was doing her a favor by being honest with her. Just because you're BEVERLY PEELE'S (Cairo's emphasis, not mine) daughter doesn't mean you got the modeling genes.  I did love the smack down Beverly gave Andrea though about her girls not being real models and getting 2K for Instagram pics when she wouldn't get out of bed for at least 50K.

Janis, or however you spell it, needs to be in a boy band. He is the only one that seems like he could really do something in the entertainment world.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, tobeannounced said:

I absolutely love hate-watching this show and am bummed it won't be back. 

For me, the hate watching is mostly centered around the Schroders. Good lord. 

That said I enjoyed watching Kelly and Arissa. I'd be perfectly content to watch a show where those two hang out at Kelly's Ranch and make belts all day.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 5

I haven't watched the rest of the season they pushed out last night. Its all on my dvr right now. I just wanted to say my experience as a parent of 3 and seeing how others in my area of Orange County, CA and around have acted as far as parenting goes. At some point along the way when my 2 oldest were in elementary I saw this shift in things. Where most parents stopped being parents and let their kids start just doing whatever. There is no way my kids would behave like these kids have because the fact is we have raised our kids and still are. This isn't a celeb thing but an issue in many places sadly in this day and age. I'm in an area where there are rich, poor and those of us in the middle. Each group has kids and so called parents under the not being parents/kids doing whatever crap. These are the kids that pretty much have the same attitude about others as we have seen in Faith with many things. While yes parents are MAJORLY at fault for kids behaving in these ways and how they speak to others....the fact is that there are some kids that aren't getting some of that parenting they need as well and do not act this way at all. I have to wonder how the brothers are now and were growing up. I have to wonder how much of the stuff with this family was also them trying to push themselves on us even more in hopes of getting their own family "reality" show. 

RedheadZombie I am so with you as well on Arissa and all you said there. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Caseysgirl said:

4 hours ago, LemonSoda said:

I get the positivity he's trying to spread and bring everyone together but he's not seeing the bad situations others survived. 

The fact is his life just might not be as rosy as he wants to make it out to be either. There are those out there that will be this way yet ignore all that isn't great in their own life but will try to make it seem like everything is perfect otherwise. The whole saying how he gets to live out his dream of living in LA like he wanted at his son's age to me came off like the Little League parent (or a certain basketball parent that I refuse to name as he doesn't deserve it out there) that has their kid playing in hopes of living out their dreams through them. Then toss in he is VERY judgmental of others....I just had a weird feeling about him from the get go and things like this come up more and more that just show he isn't that great of a guy at all like he wants people to think. SMH 

• Love 4
On 9/20/2017 at 3:34 PM, Surrealist said:

I figured ratings were not good for this show and so they wanted to just dump the rest out fast and be done with it. Which its always easier for a channel like Lifetime to do that with them. I didn't know there was 4 on until after I went to flip it on at the usual 10pm time. So I had to dvr all of them during the middle of the night. 

20 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Is it okay in Los Angeles to show up for your first day of a new job at a smoothie shop in a midriff-baring top?

Honestly it would depend on the place...as sad as that sounds. Such as if you walk into a Hot Topic they look a certain way and if you walk in Target they look as they do. I didn't want the 4 shows yet but considering where the location of this place possibly is its probably not a stretch for that. 

5 hours ago, iwasish said:

Shanna Moakler.. sorry but your daughter isn't that beautiful. She doesn't even want to be a model. You were way out of line to change photographs. And Oscar DeLa Hoya? What a creep.

This is what I have felt too. Her daughter isn't ugly...especially compared to 2 blonde girls....but she isn't model material at all. I felt like Shanna was pushing her in all this. She didn't look very happy most the time during this show. I figured Shanna was behind it all and getting them on it. 

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Evil Queen said:

I figured ratings were not good for this show and so they wanted to just dump the rest out fast and be done with it. Which its always easier for a channel like Lifetime to do that with them. I didn't know there was 4 on until after I went to flip it on at the usual 10pm time. So I had to dvr all of them during the middle of the night. 

Honestly it would depend on the place...as sad as that sounds. Such as if you walk into a Hot Topic they look a certain way and if you walk in Target they look as they do. I didn't want the 4 shows yet but considering where the location of this place possibly is its probably not a stretch for that. 

This is what I have felt too. Her daughter isn't ugly...especially compared to 2 blonde girls....but she isn't model material at all. I felt like Shanna was pushing her in all this. She didn't look very happy most the time during this show. I figured Shanna was behind it all and getting them on it. 

Is it mostly because of Gigi Hadid/Yolanda Foster that so many daughters and sons of TV/film parents are pursuing modeling, or can we blame some other "celebrity" families?

• Love 3

Is it officially cancelled? :( If so I'm happy they at least they gave us the remaining episodes. I'm still mad at many other networks who pull shows and never aired the rest.

I think Atianna wants a career but she's lazy about it. That generation seems to want everything simply for existing. I do think she's very sweet though. 

• Love 3

I am so bummed that this show is over because it provided some epic snark! This was one bizarre show. 

Cairo, please get a backup plan because your mom is not going to make it happen. She is convinced that simply being Beverly's daughter will roll out some modeling red carpet. She just doesn't have the goods in any way.

Atiana is a cute girl next door. That's it.

I still don't understand what the hell Jake is supposed to do. I mean, he seems like a nice kid, but really??

The Shroder girls are so generic and bland.

Janis was already modeling. He's really the only one with the looks

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Evil Queen said:

I haven't watched the rest of the season they pushed out last night. Its all on my dvr right now. I just wanted to say my experience as a parent of 3 and seeing how others in my area of Orange County, CA and around have acted as far as parenting goes. At some point along the way when my 2 oldest were in elementary I saw this shift in things. Where most parents stopped being parents and let their kids start just doing whatever. There is no way my kids would behave like these kids have because the fact is we have raised our kids and still are. This isn't a celeb thing but an issue in many places sadly in this day and age. I'm in an area where there are rich, poor and those of us in the middle. Each group has kids and so called parents under the not being parents/kids doing whatever crap. These are the kids that pretty much have the same attitude about others as we have seen in Faith with many things. While yes parents are MAJORLY at fault for kids behaving in these ways and how they speak to others....the fact is that there are some kids that aren't getting some of that parenting they need as well and do not act this way at all. I have to wonder how the brothers are now and were growing up. I have to wonder how much of the stuff with this family was also them trying to push themselves on us even more in hopes of getting their own family "reality" show. 

RedheadZombie I am so with you as well on Arissa and all you said there. 

So true on the parenting. Unfortunately it's happening everywhere! I've witnessed the same thing in a few different states and parts of Canada. 

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, kitten59 said:

And even with his looks its nothing special really. Its just he has the dad with connections to make things happen with modeling like he does. As well as I think dad has used all his connections from the second he had his son to push it. Otherwise I do agree that the rest are just your everyday average looks really. 

35 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Is it mostly because of Gigi Hadid/Yolanda Foster that so many daughters and sons of TV/film parents are pursuing modeling, or can we blame some other "celebrity" families?

Sadly its all of the above there. I won't touch most of these "reality" shows out there its just not my kind of thing or who is on it. I figured this one I would give a chance since it was a bit different looking then others but yet of course once watching it become like the others and just more bs with spoiled brats and some with parents either lacking parenting skills or pushing their kids in hopes of something for themselves out of it I am sure. 

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, kitten59 said:

I am so bummed that this show is over because it provided some epic snark! This was one bizarre show. 

Cairo, please get a backup plan because your mom is not going to make it happen. She is convinced that simply being Beverly's daughter will roll out some modeling red carpet. She just doesn't have the goods in any way.

Atiana is a cute girl next door. That's it.

I still don't understand what the hell Jake is supposed to do. I mean, he seems like a nice kid, but really??

The Shroder girls are so generic and bland.

Cairo bugs me because she's always had an entitled vibe. That she should be handed a big modeling career soley because she's Beverly Peele's daughter. Cairo is a uniquely pretty girl. But no where near Beverly's beauty in her prime. 

• Love 3

I'm watching episode 7. Cambrie is declining Atiana's invitation to participate in Shanna's Smoak cosmetics shoot. When Atiana explains how her mom came up with the name, Cambrie says, "Cute." Just a whiff of condescension. Then she refers to herself in the third-person. If she's this pompous already, I can't imagine how awful she'll be if she actually hits it big. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I'm watching episode 7. Cambrie is declining Atiana's invitation to participate in Shanna's Smoak cosmetics shoot. When Atiana explains how her mom came up with the name, Cambrie says, "Cute." Just a whiff of condescension. Then she refers to herself in the third-person. If she's this pompous already, I can't imagine how awful she'll be if she actually hits it big. 

Hiding my head in shame but I actually like some of Shanna's products. Just watching this episode now. Cambrie needs a reality check.

• Love 4

These Shroder girls aren't in Vogue or on any actual fashion runway. They're "modeling"  swim suits and summer wear....not even dresses,  or in anything near established fashion mags or even catalogs, or brand websites. 

Their "success" is based on hits on the site promoting skimpy stuff that shows off their young bodies. Wait until they are closer  to 30 and gravity kicks in-- no more jobs, of this kind.  So they can live off their trust funds?   Residual earnings from dad?  Doubt it. 

No talent or skills. Or parenting that might have led them to working on anything besides looks. Shallow as a baby pool. 

More z-list celebrity kids getting in trouble. 

• Love 6

I think Cambrie will be okay in the long run. As snobby as she is, she's 20 years old. She's still at the age where her looks are everything and she always thinks she's right. Life doesn't talk smacking us down until 25. The reason why I think she'll be alright is because it's already been established that no one is allowed to:

1. Fuck with her burgeoning brand (hey, she's making steady money on IG. Steady money = brand).

2. Fuck with her image.

3. Fuck with her money. 

The fact that she's also a part-time yoga (?) teacher and has had low-wage service jobs in the past shows that she actually does have serious work ethic and drive. She'll never be on covers or major catwalks, true, but she can rake in good money on swimwear for the next ten years, while transitioning into her new career. If she's smart, and I genuinely think she is, she'll become a licensed instructor and continue in the athletic field. It suits her. 

Jury's still out on Faith, but she's 15 or 16 years old and Andrea is a harried parent who falls apart easily. Faith is the one who should have never been on TV; she's far too young physically and mentally. 

Edited by cyberfruit
  • Love 4