Type keyword(s) to search

Under the Dome in the Media

(edited)

More UtD interviews from SDCC 2015 (I don't think there's any spoilers revealed)...

'Under the Dome' Cast on Jarbie's Future and this Season's Payoff
"When Under the Dome stars Mike Vogel, Colin Ford, and Marg Helgenberger stopped by the CBS suite at San Diego Comic-Con with exec producer Tim Schlattmann, we had plenty of questions for them. Actually, you had plenty of questions. Dome fans responded to our call for queries in force, and — no surprise here — many of you have real concerns about Julia and Barbie’s future. (Darn you, alternate reality girlfriend Eva!) Vogel, the man behind Barbie, hints that Jarbie shippers have more pain ahead. 'Things move fast under the dome,' he says. 'And there’s distractions.'”
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV_vDgb1BuI

Marg Helgenberger, Colin Ford & Mike Vogel UNDER THE DOME Comic Con 2015 Interview

Edited by tv echo

It's funny that the actors are dressed kind of like their characters do on the show. Colin in a fairly conservative almost polo shirt looking combination. Mike in a utilitarian t shirt and jacket. And Marge, with the plunging neckline.

that Jarbie shippers have more pain ahead. 'Things move fast under the dome,' he says. 'And there’s distractions.'”

Oh joy, more bs love triangle nonsense.  If this is supposed to be the 'payoff', what a joke.

• Love 1

It's funny that the actors are dressed kind of like their characters do on the show. Colin in a fairly conservative almost polo shirt looking combination. Mike in a utilitarian t shirt and jacket. And Marge, with the plunging neckline.

Mike Vogel looked so much better in business casual last year.  Showed him as a gentleman with a sense of style.  But, I'm guessing he thought "Whoops, I'm overdressed" and dressed down for this year's convention.  Still look fantastic, though.

(edited)

On the July 10 episode of the 'The Soup', host Joel McHale and Jane Lynch spent a good couple of minutes mocking the convoluted plot of Season 3 so far.  

"You had one job -- to infuse the eggs with the lifeforce.  One job."

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

I guess the Kinship influence extends to the real world...

CBS's 'Under The Dome' is the Week's Top Program in Live +7 Ratings in Viewer Growth
Written By Sara Bibel August 3rd, 2015
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/08/03/cbss-under-the-dome-is-the-weeks-top-program-in-live-7-ratings-in-viewer-growth/442035/

Among viewers, UNDER THE DOME topped the week with a gain of +3.17m (7.92m from 4.75m, +67%), followed by ZOO, which made an increase of +2.84m (9.40m from 6.56m, +43%), and EXTANT, which added +1.93m (6.55m from 4.62m, +42%). BIG BROTHER THURSDAY also ranked among the top 10.    

Among adults 18-49, UNDER THE DOME was the week's second-biggest gainer among live +7-day viewing, adding +0.9 rating points (1.8 from 0.9, +100%).  ZOO finished at #3, with a gain of +0.7 (1.7 from 1.0, +70%). BIG BROTHER THURSDAY, BIG BROTHER WEDNESDAY and BIG BROTHER SUNDAY all placed within the top 10.

Edited by tv echo

I guess the Kinship influence extends to the real world...

CBS's 'Under The Dome' is the Week's Top Program in Live +7 Ratings in Viewer Growth

Written By Sara Bibel August 3rd, 2015

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/08/03/cbss-under-the-dome-is-the-weeks-top-program-in-live-7-ratings-in-viewer-growth/442035/

I think there is a verse in the Bible that this is one of the signs of the actual apocalypse.  Plus it was written by Sara "Bibel".  These kind of coincidences creep me out.  I'm going to hunt for some conspiracy podcasts on the subject.

Edited by Dobian
  • Love 2

I think there is a verse in the Bible that this is one of the signs of the actual apocalypse.

If what happened in the last episode is really true, they're the last people left and the apocalypse already happened on the show.

Under the Dome hit a new series 18-49 ratings low -- 0.8 -- down 20% week over week, and it lost 800,000 total viewers week over week.  Though Under the Dome does better in the Live + 7 viewings -- which basically means that people just can't be bothered to watch it live, but get around to it eventually.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/08/07/tv-ratings-thursday-under-the-dome-astronaut-wives-club-hits-lows-big-brother-down-food-fighters-dateline-up/444503/

Looks like 13 episodes this season...

Mike Vogel ‏@Mike_Vogel  Jul 30
First day of episode 13 popping off. Season wrapping up. Home stretch. @UnderTheDomeCBS #UnderTheDome
CLLDmjsWIAAdX3l.jpg
Mike Vogel ‏@Mike_Vogel  14h14 hours ago
THATS A WRAP!  #UnderTheDomeSeason3 thanks for all your support this year!!!  @UnderTheDomeCBS
CL3AoH6W8AQZ5cY.jpg

https://twitter.com/Mike_Vogel

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I would have to say bad -- it will probably be like 'Lost' and they have to go back or some such nonsense and restore the Dome.

They already ripped that off with the pointless Zenith nonsense last season.

I might go for a fourth season if they go ahead and calcify it this year and next season is all watching people die slowly and in great agony. Especially Junior.

Well not for an entire season, but an episode, especially for a series finale if this show ever ends at this point.

• Love 1

I would have to say bad -- it will probably be like 'Lost' and they have to go back or some such nonsense and restore the Dome.

If the dome ever did come down, the survivors would become super resourceful and rebuild it with clear packing tape and chicken wire.

• Love 3

If the dome ever did come down, the survivors would become super resourceful and rebuild it with clear packing tape and chicken wire.

They don't have Rebecca's bs plot device to tell them that like they did last time.

• Love 1

They don't have Rebecca's bs plot device to tell them that like they did last time.

You're right. However, while they won't get the scientific reasons to convince them to do it, if the right person/ alien told them and the right idiot-- who was once scorned-- backed that person/alien up, they'd all chip in and  re-build it with materials found in a place never shown before.

• Love 2

You're right. However, while they won't get the scientific reasons to convince them to do it, if the right person/ alien told them and the right idiot-- who was once scorned-- backed that person/alien up, they'd all chip in and  re-build it with materials found in a place never shown before.

They could if Christine survives by then.

Oh, Neal Baer: 

“And I have been trying to work for a number of years with Anthony (Edwards). I think George (Clooney) is busy but you never know.”

Sure.... once Clooney gets a break from producing, writing, or acting in one of his various mega films or Oscar-nominated features, I'm sure he would so be down to appear on Under the Dome!  I mean, what's an Oscar winner suppose to do?!  Although (putting on conspiracy hat), since Clooney did just star with Britt Robertson in Tomorrowland, maybe this was all a ploy: Angie died because Baer sent Britt undercover to try and convince Clooney to go on Under the Dome!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 5

Loved how in the article, Nina Tassler seem to be spinning it like this was always the plan.  Sure, I suspect we will get some kind of closure, but I have a feeling had the ratings had been the same as the first season, this thing would have chugged along for as long as they could get away with it.  Thankfully, it seems the viewing audience figured out the score early on.  I just hope I don't hear the dreaded words "shopping around to Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc."

Now, I guess it's a wait and see if CBS killing this means it will spare it's other goofy sci-fi shows.  Will we be getting another season of Halle Berry and her robot baby in Extant?  Or will we be getting more Zoo and the adventures of the wacky animal attacks and Billy Burke acting like he's surrounded by idiots?  So excited!

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 2

Our collective national (or is it worldwide?) nightmare is almost over.

My one gripe is that since I will watch the series finale of a show I haven't seen in years that I have to put this show back on my DVR. Stupid love of series finales.

Edited by Chaos Theory

Loved how in the article, Nina Tassler seem to be spinning it like this was always the plan.  Sure, I suspect we will get some kind of closure, but I have a feeling had the ratings had been the same as the first season, this thing would have chugged along for as long as they could get away with it.  

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if it were the plan.  I think it's quite obvious to all of us that they've run out of story to tell (evidenced by all the back peddling as well as out & out ridiculous scenarios), and perhaps they just wanted to go out before the writing became even more ridiculous.  Yet if I'm wrong and a Netflix or Amazon Prime picks this up, I'm sure I'd still watch.  Yes, it's a mess, but I can't help but like it.

Oh, Neal Baer: 

Sure.... once Clooney gets a break from producing, writing, or acting in one of his various mega films or Oscar-nominated features, I'm sure he would so be down to appear on Under the Dome!  I mean, what's an Oscar winner suppose to do?!  Although (putting on conspiracy hat), since Clooney did just star with Britt Robertson in Tomorrowland, maybe this was all a ploy: Angie died because Baer sent Britt undercover to try and convince Clooney to go on Under the Dome!

Clooney's good. He's been playing Indy the whole time.

• Love 4

This article just had a tweet from Vogel and an instagram message from Lefevre, reacting to their show ending.

http://www.ibtimes.com/under-dome-canceled-after-season-3-cbs-cast-reacts-cancellation-deadly-series-finale-2077511

65% of the voters on the webpage said they were disappointed the show was ending since it's their favorite show.  Thanks for the laugh of the day.

Edited by Camera One

65% of the voters on the webpage said they were disappointed the show was ending since it's their favorite show.  Thanks for the laugh of the day.

Rachell Lefevre was quoted "I've never laughed more on a job in my life". She didn't say why, but it's easy to see how the show could be very humorous if you look at the inanity of the dialog and plot twists/holes instead of taking the story seriously. For those that don't, there's always the snark factor, and some people like when they can feel superior to others, and there's certainly opportunity with characters on this show.

Rachell Lefevre was quoted "I've never laughed more on a job in my life". She didn't say why, but it's easy to see how the show could be very humorous if you look at the inanity of the dialog and plot twists/holes instead of taking the story seriously. 

In addition, I bet Dean Norris was a blast to work with this season.

• Love 1

I just had to have one last laugh over the "postmortem" interview the showrunner did after the series finale.

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/under-the-dome-series-finale-postmortem-neal-baer-128814533275.html

“The [cancellation] decision was made after the show [finished production].” In fact, he jokes, “Maybe we did too good a job” of providing a satisfying conclusion, making it easier for executives to give the show the axe.

Nice joke associating the words "good job" with this show.

Dome’s third season holds up because “it was very planned out. It all makes sense with Sam, with Eva, Dawn, Barbie, Barbie going back to Julia.”

It all "makes sense"?  What is he smoking?  So they planned a season where major main characters became mindless zombies for more than half a season?  Or in the case of Junior, the entire season?

“We really were focused on getting out of the dome this year,” emphasizes Baer. “We had planned how we were going to do it with the eight notes,” and if you go back to the beginning of the season, you can see it. “As they started whistling those notes and we don’t know why? It all plays to the end, which is: That is the way out. There was always the way out from the very beginning of the season.”

LOL, how clever of them.  I couldn't care less why they were humming the notes.  

Joe sacrificing himself for Norrie, for the town. He was Baer’s favorite character to write. “It was really through his youthful enthusiasm and through his eyes that we could understand” what was happening in the town. Which makes his sacrifice unsurprising, really. “Barbie was the hero, always fighting for everybody,” says Baer, but Joe was “the most noble character of the whole series.”

Could've fooled us that was your favorite character.

They could have continued on with another dome, Baer says, had they been picked up for a fourth season but, creatively, the show had done all it set out to do.

So he's saying in Season 4, there would have been another Dome?  No kidding, creatively they were tapped out halfway through Season 1.

As with any good science-fiction story, real world issues are expressed as a metaphor, and they had explored those ideas fully. The dome as an “environmental parable,” for example. Or, “This issue between the individual and the group: creativity and suppressing that for betterment of the group, which has to do with how we live our lives as individuals and how we need to come together as a group to prevent the destruction of our environment. All those questions were addressed and savored. Now we leave it to the audience to decide what they think.”

Addressed "fully" and even SAVORED?  You can't make this stuff up.  I'm never watching another show that this man is in charge of ever again.

Edited by Camera One
  • Love 1