Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E08: Run For Your Wife

• Start Topic

I finally did it. I shut this mess off a half hour into the episode and had no regrets. First time I've done that with a RH show... I wish they'd switch times with RHOD... this season of OC is horrible. Horrible! Specific to the episode I did get a kick out of Brianna's talking head comments. She's always good at bringing the snark...

• Love 3

I can't believe I haven't seen posts (unless I missed it-very possible) on Breanna's icky kid peeing in the pool steps and then just letting him!! And the swim teacher stayed in!!

Do not buy Kelly's kumbaya with Shannon. People mentioned that she is back to psycho Kelly next week. I missed that- what does she do?

vicky- you look horrible. Stop. Please stop. 

Peggy- I see right through you!

hate Lydia and meh on Shannon and Tamra. 

Bring back NY!!

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I can't believe I haven't seen posts (unless I missed it-very possible) on Breanna's icky kid peeing in the pool steps and then just letting him!! And the swim teacher stayed in!!

I'm pretty sure she said "It's okay.  He's wearing a diaper." 

• Love 2

I get Peggy wanting to be safe and doing the double mastectomy. It bothered me that Shannon was doubting her, like she didn't get why she would do that and she was lying. It was like Peggy got her boobs removed for some sinister reason. She didn't have breast cancer dumb ass. She got them removed as a preventative measure. She isn't saying she did have cancer. In any case, I do not get at all that Peggy is trying to sound like she had cancer. I do get that Shannon is trying to make it sound like Peggy is saying she had cancer. Very small minded of her.

Briana is so overweight. Her husband is her mom. She provides for her much better than her real husband. Sarcasm. But I think Brianna is the rich girl who is used to getting stuff done for her, and her husband isn't really able to provide for a rich girl. In a way, Brianna left her husband for her mom, but I do kind of get it, since her husband seems kind of worthless as a husband. Clearly he is or she wouldn't have left. 

Meghan is so cute with her little baby. I'm sure it's incredibly exciting for her. A little confused she is trying to be a model though, even though she clearly has the body and the looks. Maybe now she has her baby she's starting to look for opportunities elsewhere now that finances are figured out. 

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

I'm pretty sure she said "It's okay.  He's wearing a diaper." 

She did say that but those swim diapers don't hold pee in- only poop. It's been my experience with my own kids when they wore those diapers I'd get pee all over me if they peed in them while I was holding them. I quickly learned to put the diaper on just before entering the water. It's really gross and the reason I don't swim in public pools if I can help it.

• Love 5

Against the better angels of my nature, I kinda sorta wish Vicki would attack the following:

• Lydia - Call her a fake Christian, repeat a rumor that her husband is gay, or call her mother a flake.
  • Peggy - Publically question her mastectomy - did she really need to do it, or mock her clueless immigrant schtick.
  • Kelly - Call her an abusive alcoholic, question the validity of her marriage, question her parenting skills.

I especially wish these things for Lydia and Peggy.  I want to know how Fairy-Dust Rainbow, and Let it Go would handle it.  I want to see if they simply pray, forgive, and move on. 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, nexxie said:

Shannon is going to kick herself for falling for Kelly's con.

Oh yes she will. Lucky for us we won't have to wait too long for that to happen either

• Love 6

Shannon was totally lying when she insisted that she was shocked and embarrassed by her friend's digs at Kelly at the 70's party - if you watch the episode, Shannon actually pulled her friend aside and asked her for the gossip in hushed tones. Shannon then supported her friend by declaring, "You keep it real!" I love how Shannon is always proclaiming, "I don't lie!" It reminds me of Brandi on RHoBH - put yourself out there as the truth teller too much, and it will always come back to bite you in the ass.

• Love 11
4 hours ago, ezzy4 said:

I'm sorry . . . but I just CAN'T with Peggy.  I disagree with those who say "she's smarter than she acts", 'cause if your MO in life is to act stupid to be manipulative or something, then you just are stupid.  And anyone who gets their jollies by making other people uncomfortable (especially those who are obligated to serve you so they don't have the option to punch in you in the throat) is a horrible, horrible person.  Peggy and her husband are horrible, horrible people (and I suspect they are as stupid as they act).  Ug.

And, I'm guessing Peggy was hired because she agreed to sign up to support Vicki.  They must have been looking for someone with cancer in their storyline to play this role.  I suspect they couldn't find anyone with actual cancer to play the role, so they got someone who had a brush with it - as what is I think what Peggy has been saying.  (Please know I'm not trying to make any judgements about the situation people like Peggy are in -  I have some personal experience with it myself . . . so  .. . .)   So the resting b@tch face is really the only thing she can do.  I mean what could anyone say to actually defend Vicki.  

I still hate Peggy because she's a horrible person.  I don't hate her for the storyline she was handed.

Peggy and her husband Dicko add NOTHING to the show. They need to go. Dicko is a homely, short man with a HUGE ego and HUGE nose and a small dick.  She's an entitled, braggart bitch with a plastic face and over plumped lips. I can't stand either of them.

Edited by ITALIA
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, bravofan27 said:

I get Peggy wanting to be safe and doing the double mastectomy. It bothered me that Shannon was doubting her, like she didn't get why she would do that and she was lying. It was like Peggy got her boobs removed for some sinister reason. She didn't have breast cancer dumb ass. She got them removed as a preventative measure. She isn't saying she did have cancer. In any case, I do not get at all that Peggy is trying to sound like she had cancer. I do get that Shannon is trying to make it sound like Peggy is saying she had cancer. Very small minded of her.

Briana is so overweight. Her husband is her mom. She provides for her much better than her real husband. Sarcasm. But I think Brianna is the rich girl who is used to getting stuff done for her, and her husband isn't really able to provide for a rich girl. In a way, Brianna left her husband for her mom, but I do kind of get it, since her husband seems kind of worthless as a husband. Clearly he is or she wouldn't have left. 

Meghan is so cute with her little baby. I'm sure it's incredibly exciting for her. A little confused she is trying to be a model though, even though she clearly has the body and the looks. Maybe now she has her baby she's starting to look for opportunities elsewhere now that finances are figured out. 

Brianna is REALLY fat. Her husband is a LOSER, just like ICKI'S husbands, Brooks, and her new boyfriend. ICKI has gained weight. She has NO clue on what to wear. She's also REALLY homely and nasty and a liar. BRAVO needs to dump her. I can't believe ANYONE would do business with her.

I like Meghan. I think she's REALLY attractive and has a GREAT figure. Her baby girl is ADORABLE, and she seems like a REALLY good mom.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

I have just one thing to say to these dumb broads -- it's a masTECTomy.  You'd think at least if you've had one you'd know the name.

Oh god, I hate the way they say it as "muhsectomy".   

• Love 10

Where would Tamra's financial life be if she no longer got a paycheck from Bravo? All the other women could go on with their lives and still have money to afford whatever their lifestyle might be. Even Icky Vicky. But Tamra.....no. She would probably be looking for "pre fab homes" in Oceanside CA.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Oh god, I hate the way they say it as "muhsectomy".   

Thank you for that MU SHU! I don't recall if Vicki pronounces it correctly, however, since Big Brianna is a nurse I would hope Vicki has learned proper basic pronunciation of common medical terms. The other sorry ass bitches are dumber than dumb. I'll give them a pass. Too bad Heather isn't here anymore to correct everyone's grammar and etiquette!

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, chenoa333 said:

Where would Tamra's financial life be if she no longer got a paycheck from Bravo? All the other women could go on with their lives and still have money to afford whatever their lifestyle might be. Even Icky Vicky. But Tamra.....no. She would probably be looking for "pre fab homes" in Oceanside CA.

Well, like most people, she would probably have issues if she lost her job. 

While not a Tamra fan, one thing I have noticed is that she doesn't seem to be that involved in living the high life 100% of the time. She moved into Eddie's home and redecorated instead of buying a new one. I seem to remember her saying he owned it outright so no need to take on a mortgage. To me, that was a big deal. She has nice things and likes nice things, but it doesn't seem to be the highlight of her life the way it was when she was married to Simon. Didn't he buy her a Rolex or something back in the day and it was a big deal to her? She seems different now. I think she went through major financial troubles back in the day when he lost his job and learned a lesson or two. Maybe she saves much of her Bravo salary? One thing that has always impressed me about Tamra (perhaps the only thing) is that she seems to be able to be surrounded by folks who have much more than her - specifically Heather and Shannon - and gives them props for having beautiful homes and things, but doesn't hint at jealousy about having much less. She just seems content with the material possessions that she has. 

• Love 18
3 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

While not a Tamra fan, one thing I have noticed is that she doesn't seem to be that involved in living the high life 100% of the time. She moved into Eddie's home and redecorated instead of buying a new one. I seem to remember her saying he owned it outright so no need to take on a mortgage. To me, that was a big deal. She has nice things and likes nice things, but it doesn't seem to be the highlight of her life the way it was when she was married to Simon. Didn't he buy her a Rolex or something back in the day and it was a big deal to her? She seems different now. I think she went through major financial troubles back in the day when he lost his job and learned a lesson or two. Maybe she saves much of her Bravo salary? One thing that has always impressed me about Tamra (perhaps the only thing) is that she seems to be able to be surrounded by folks who have much more than her - specifically Heather and Shannon - and gives them props for having beautiful homes and things, but doesn't hint at jealousy about having much less. She just seems content with the material possessions that she has. 

I think that's a great observation/ thought. Tamra does sometimes hint at jealousy but it's usually not over material stuff, it's usually because they are prettier than her, or more carefree and pretty than her. Grethen and Alexis were both younger and pretty hot and I think she hated that. She likes to be around people that are not as pretty as her. She got along with Heather, Vicki, and now Shannon, because quite frankly, they aren't that cute. Tamra has insecurities, but they aren't her looks-- she puts more time and energy into her appearance than any of the other ladies and plus, she'd naturally very pretty. But get a hotter, younger lady around her and she will go crazy.  When Simon was buying her all that stuff, it's because she was the "Hottest housewife in OC" and she was competing with Gretchen who was getting massively expensive gifts from Jeff all the time. I think too, that Tamra has calmed down a lot with the jealousy after what happened with Gretchen.  With Alexis, she hated her because she and her husband were friends with Simon and went to church together. She hated Jeana because Jeana didn't feel that Simon should have been arrested. She hated Kelly for saying, "No wonder you daughter doesn't talk to you." She hates Vicki, not for cancergate but because of "Eddie is gay" (which is a total lie and I'm happy Meghan calls her out on it next time). She hates her mom because her mom doesn't tell her daughter to talk to her. 

I think she loves Eddie and is happy with him-- she's not trying to meet a richer guy, and she doesn't want a richer guy. I think knowing that she could easily meet a guy with a lot of money and have all those material things doesn't interest her. First, she is happy with Eddie. Second, she values her freedom. Alexis didn't have freedom. Peggy doesn't really either, I mean, her husband approves her boobs, and Shannon is totally miserable married to a guy that has the money, constantly self-loathing and insecure. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Someone here posted an excerpt from Peggy's blog (not sure how far back and can't be bothered to look) where she says that she did have cancer in one breast. She had the choice of chemo, radiation or mastectomy and chose mastectomy. She chose to have a double mastectomy even though the other breast did not have cancer, as a preventative measure. Peggy seemed unable to say clearly what she was able to write, hence the confusion. 

• Love 7

Every time I see Kelly I think about that meal with her husband, where he was being nice to her and saying nice things and she just twisted it and threw nonsense back at him.  She must be exhausting to live with. done 

I tend to fixate on people's faces sometimes when things look off, because I lipread and when someone has a non-standard face it's really obvious and I can't stop noticing it.  This isn't uncommon among the d/Deaf where people's physical traits are remarked on and you're even given names based on them.  It's not done maliciously, it's just recognition of how you are as a person.  Anyway, Vicki's plumped lips are horrible.  I keep on thinking that I could take a string and wrap it around her lips the way you wrap a string around the opening of a balloon, and her lips resemble the opening of the balloon that is beneath the knot.  My fingers are itching to try it.

• Love 6
38 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Shannon is totally miserable married to a guy that has the money, constantly self-loathing and insecure.

Didn't Shannon inherit some family money and that contributes to their luxurious-ish lifestyle?

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

Didn't Shannon inherit some family money and that contributes to their luxurious-ish lifestyle?

People keep saying that her father was owner of a fancy department store but he was just the CEO for a few years.  I think all their wealth is due to him, but Shannon did come from a privileged background.  I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't get some money from her family, but it isn't like 10s of millions of dollars from what I understand.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Eater of Worlds said:
30 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

People keep saying that her father was owner of a fancy department store but he was just the CEO for a few years.  I

It wasn't even her father it was her grandfather.

• Love 1

This is what Shannon wants, IMO.

David to come home from work and present her with flowers. To hold the flowers as she finds a vase, and help her find the best place to put the flowers. To offer to take a selfie, with him, Shannon and the flowers. Then he will post it on FB and tag Shannon. The message will say, "I love my wife so much, I couldn't resist these beautiful flowers to tell her so." The picture will follow. David will understand this flower thing put dinner behind schedule. He will say, "Dear. I know I love you, and the flowers are beautiful like you. I'm so happy you like them. However, I'm afraid I have put dinner behind schedule. How can I help you? Should I set the table?" And Shannon will say, "Oh no, the table is set, I just need to make the salad." And David will INSIST she go upstairs and freshen up for dinner and get the kids and that he will finish all the dinner preparations. He will ask if there is anything specific he should do. He will ask if there is a timer, a particular vegetable, a spoon, a dish, a utensil, that she would like him to use. He will then insist on pouring her a glass of wine, and ask her what she would like. As she goes upstairs he will say, "Dear, just go freshen up, I will have dinner and drink ready for you when you come back."

This BTW, is the world that Lydia already lives in. 

• Love 16
On 8/28/2017 at 11:30 PM, CrinkleCutCat said:

That stupid machine diagnosed Vicki as... 'happy'? Bwahahahaha!

Didn't they edit out most of what the lady said? I'll bet Vicki insisted they leave it out - probably said there was no sign of heart or head activity.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I think that's a great observation/ thought. Tamra does sometimes hint at jealousy but it's usually not over material stuff, it's usually because they are prettier than her, or more carefree and pretty than her. Grethen and Alexis were both younger and pretty hot and I think she hated that. She likes to be around people that are not as pretty as her. She got along with Heather, Vicki, and now Shannon, because quite frankly, they aren't that cute. Tamra has insecurities, but they aren't her looks-- she puts more time and energy into her appearance than any of the other ladies and plus, she'd naturally very pretty. But get a hotter, younger lady around her and she will go crazy.  When Simon was buying her all that stuff, it's because she was the "Hottest housewife in OC" and she was competing with Gretchen who was getting massively expensive gifts from Jeff all the time. I think too, that Tamra has calmed down a lot with the jealousy after what happened with Gretchen.  With Alexis, she hated her because she and her husband were friends with Simon and went to church together. She hated Jeana because Jeana didn't feel that Simon should have been arrested. She hated Kelly for saying, "No wonder you daughter doesn't talk to you." She hates Vicki, not for cancergate but because of "Eddie is gay" (which is a total lie and I'm happy Meghan calls her out on it next time). She hates her mom because her mom doesn't tell her daughter to talk to her. 

I think she loves Eddie and is happy with him-- she's not trying to meet a richer guy, and she doesn't want a richer guy. I think knowing that she could easily meet a guy with a lot of money and have all those material things doesn't interest her. First, she is happy with Eddie. Second, she values her freedom. Alexis didn't have freedom. Peggy doesn't really either, I mean, her husband approves her boobs, and Shannon is totally miserable married to a guy that has the money, constantly self-loathing and insecure. 

Ugh, the stuff with Gretchen. Tamra absolutely came across as so jealous of her, right from the very beginning. I think that Tamra was miserable in her marriage, struggling with issues related to her dead-beat son Ryan and the tensions they brought into the household, and faced with a younger and more beautiful (at least back then) gal on her turf. And she was nasty as hell to Gretchen, a person I didn't care for at all. 

But I think there was something else there. Tamra was a super sleuth long before Meghan joined the show. It seemed nasty and self-serving at the time in the ways she went about it, but she knew that Gretchen was a con artist right from the start. And if there is one thing I will give to Tamra - she has always hated the gals that are very fake on camera or pretending that their reality was different from what they portrayed on reality TV. Tamra was honest about her shitty marriage and the issues with her son. She was letting it all hang out long before Shannon was. And she was watching Gretchen craft this entire storyline that wasn't authentic. The same for Alexis, who barely had a pot to piss in, but went on and on about all of her possessions. While Tamra was showing the aftermath of an ugly divorce and being honest about the fact that she basically had no money and was moving into an apartment and her life was less than ideal. Just like she hated Gretchen and Alexis for the stories they were crafting, she detests Vicki for the same reason now. The fake cancer storyline. 

I think Tamra has in her history on the show been the most vile in many ways. I have disliked her more than any other HW (save for Vicki - no one will ever trump that). She has a lot of bad stuff on her resume. But I also think she has changed a lot in the last few years. She is so far from perfect. The deal with her daughter just turns my stomach. She needs to keep her name out of her mouth if that is what the daughter wants. I also get how hard that must be because the situation is agonizing. But she has to do it if she hopes for a relationship with her in the future. She handles this poorly in so many ways, even though I have a ton of empathy for what she is going through. But even though she doesn't handle it all in the best way, I have seen a ton of growth in her over the years. And it hasn't come about overnight, which would lead me to believe it is contrived. It has been a slow, steady process since she met and married Eddie. She seems truly happy and in love. Much more focused on the important stuff in life than in the shit that makes no difference. 

• Love 12
5 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

David to come home from work and present her with flowers. To hold the flowers as she finds a vase, and help her find the best place to put the flowers. To offer to take a selfie, with him, Shannon and the flowers. Then he will post it on FB and tag Shannon. The message will say, "I love my wife so much, I couldn't resist these beautiful flowers to tell her so." The picture will follow. David will understand this flower thing put dinner behind schedule. He will say, "Dear. I know I love you, and the flowers are beautiful like you. I'm so happy you like them. However, I'm afraid I have put dinner behind schedule. How can I help you? Should I set the table?" And Shannon will say, "Oh no, the table is set, I just need to make the salad." And David will INSIST she go upstairs and freshen up for dinner and get the kids and that he will finish all the dinner preparations. He will ask if there is anything specific he should do. He will ask if there is a timer, a particular vegetable, a spoon, a dish, a utensil, that she would like him to use. He will then insist on pouring her a glass of wine, and ask her what she would like. As she goes upstairs he will say, "Dear, just go freshen up, I will have dinner and drink ready for you when you come back."

And David would like someone to join in activities that are important to him or at least be there to support him after a race.  I think your scenario has a few holes in it:  First of all the flowers would be all wrong and would set off some sort of allergy, any place for them suggested by David would be all wrong and result in eye rolling, the picture would make her look fat (all David or Vicki's fault).  When David insists Shannon should freshen up, she says "What I don't look good enough for you?"  There is no way that David would be able to finish dinner preparations that would be pleasing to Shannon.  Asking for any specific instructions would result in her telling him he doesn't know anything and she should just be the dinner martyr and do it herself.  Pour a glass of WINE??? That should be Grey Goose!!  With LIMES!!  I'll bet David would put out chips and salsa, too and we all know how wrong that is!!!

Seriously though, all relationships are give and take and they could both meet in the middle, except Shannon is a big black hole of soul sucking take.  

• Love 14
19 hours ago, slitz said:

Husband is out of town and I won't have to try and explain why I'm watching this shitfest...is this episode worth watching?  I haven't watched an episode since the Quiet Woman throw down but have been reading the episode threads here and a few recaps so I'm up to date on what's gone down since.

I watched a rerun on demand last night but only made it about 20 minutes in before decided I'd rather goto bed. I admire that TPTB are trying to get away form the constant screaming matches and rehashing of past grievances, but the fact that Vicki and Kelly are on this show makes it impossible for me to enjoy it.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, ITALIA said:

Peggy and her husband Dicko add NOTHING to the show. They need to go. Dicko is a homely, short man with a HUGE ego and HUGE nose and a small dick.  She's an entitled, braggart bitch with a plastic face and over plumped lips. I can't stand either of them.

What a phony! RBF indeed.

Vicki, stop wearing heels, you look like you pooped yourself walking in to see that ugly Dodd woman.

Worst cast evah!

David doing Spartan all the time, your daughters would like to see their father!!!!

• Love 3
On 8/29/2017 at 9:00 AM, motorcitymom65 said:

Yep. I have always believed that a large part of the problem is that Shannon has nothing going on herself. Now she has the show. Big fucking deal. What does she have to do with the remaining 7 months of the year? She has kids. Blah, blah and blah. She also had full time nannies to handle many tasks. Maybe she still has nannies? I've no idea, but she did when the show started. So what does she do all day? The kids are at school.

I have always believed that you cannot rely on someone else to make you happy. People can add to your happiness. They can enhance your life. But you have to find a way to make yourself happy. Shannon is 52 at this point and apparently does not get this. She wants for David to hang out with her and be as miserable as she is. He is out there doing things that bring him joy and make his life better, and she doesn't have the interest, ability, or courage to do the same and it makes her angry and jealous that he does. What a sorry ass role model for her 3 girls. 

Maybe it was their 1st season on the show but, I remember Shannon and David going on a HW couple trip (Mexico or Hawaii? can't remember)  and David telling Shannon she had to find a way to be happy. He could not be the sole source of her happiness. Granted he was probably actively cheating at that time but No truer words.

I'd say the HW wedding renewal curse was at work again but frankly that marriage seemed DOA from go. I just remember David trying hard to be what Shannon needed and I knew at the time that his act was not sustainable for one and for two, his heart didn't seem in it. 

The whole Peggy was an English major is interesting. I think it is just a case of her maybe being better at expressing herself in writing than orally. Still doesn't explain how terrible she is with certain phrases and idioms though. 

Vicki put on a few lbs this season too. That short black dress did her no favors.

• Love 5

And David would like someone to join in activities that are important to him or at least be there to support him after a race.  I think your scenario has a few holes in it:  First of all the flowers would be all wrong and would set off some sort of allergy, any place for them suggested by David would be all wrong and result in eye rolling, the picture would make her look fat (all David or Vicki's fault).  When David insists Shannon should freshen up, she says "What I don't look good enough for you?"  There is no way that David would be able to finish dinner preparations that would be pleasing to Shannon.  Asking for any specific instructions would result in her telling him he doesn't know anything and she should just be the dinner martyr and do it herself.  Pour a glass of WINE??? That should be Grey Goose!!  With LIMES!!  I'll bet David would put out chips and salsa, too and we all know how wrong that is!!!

Haa ha so true - I was going to post a similar thing!  She would not be happy right from the flowers, they would be the wrong type, or bringing them home would not be respecting the centerpiece she already arranged.  Posting the selfie would involve him spending too much time looking at his phone and not at her.  She would never hand off preparing dinner to him, she would be agitated that he did not understand how dinner had to be on the table in 5 minutes.   When your relationship is at this level, it's over.  

• Love 1

Peggy can STFU about her beloved Armenian culture not escalating things:

EU Is Giving Armenia its Best Chance Yet to Enact a Domestic-Abuse Law

"Those who support an Armenian domestic-abuse law offer some sobering statistics to make their case.  One is that a quarter of all married women have suffered domestic violence at one time or another, according to the National Statistical Service.  Another telling statistic is that a quarter of the 1,759 cases of violence against women that the National Police recorded in the first nine months of 2014 involved domestic abuse.  An even starker statistic is that 30 Armenian women have been killed by their partners since 2010 — a sizable number for a country of 3 million."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/armine-sahakyan/eu-is-giving-armenia-its_b_9653262.html

• Love 3
9 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

Yes!!! Great post.

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

Life at Vicki's. Hysteria if you put your feet on the couch but it's ok to pee in the pool. 

LOL! But to be fair it was the psycho SIL who had problems with the sofa thing. I still wonder what that was about other than general dickheadedness.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, sarivon said:

LOL! But to be fair it was the psycho SIL who had problems with the sofa thing. I still wonder what that was about other than general dickheadedness.

Vicki and Lydia were on a WWHL episode, and Lydia's mother was the bartender.  A viewer asked if Ryan had ever apologized, and Vicki said "We don't talk about that here."  Andy said, "Actually, we DO talk about it because a viewer asked the question."  Score one for Andy.  He asked Lydia's mother, and she skirted the issue, saying something like "Everything's fine."  So the Dickhead never attempted to smooth things over.

• Love 14
19 hours ago, noveltylibrary65 said:

I can't stand her, even more than Vicki!!  How did she ever get on the show is all I keep yelling at the tv when she comes on ? And it's pretty bad when your mother is more attractive than you. sorrynotsorry

I do think Judy is quite pretty.  Lydia, well bless her heart.

• Love 6
15 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

I see Tamra in the exact same way. I think she is someone who knows how to live within her means. Even the gym - as misguided or badly executed as it might be (not speaking from factual knowledge, I have no idea whether Cut Fitness is successful or not - it certainly seems to be mostly empty on the show) - was Tamra's hope to create something successful that could continue to support her long after the show is over. Tamra seems to be in financial reality. She has also said that Andy likes her because she is a good employee - she never complains or gets demanding, etc - and I believe her. I think Tamra knows which side of her bread is buttered and she wants to keep her job.

3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I do think Judy is quite pretty.  Lydia, well bless her heart.

Have you see Lydia's high school photos? She was actually very pretty when she had a fuller face.

• Love 8
17 hours ago, Mountainair said:

She did say that but those swim diapers don't hold pee in- only poop. It's been my experience with my own kids when they wore those diapers I'd get pee all over me if they peed in them while I was holding them. I quickly learned to put the diaper on just before entering the water. It's really gross and the reason I don't swim in public pools if I can help it.

Same here.  I do NOT go in pools that cater to kids.  That child was so close to the edge they could have pulled him out of the water to let him urinate elsewhere.  Now Vicki's pool is a pool of pee.  Who am I kidding it always was.  If she peed on Tamra's bed she's peed in the pool.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I see Tamra in the exact same way. I think she is someone who knows how to live within her means. Even the gym - as misguided or badly executed as it might be (not speaking from factual knowledge, I have no idea whether Cut Fitness is successful or not - it certainly seems to be mostly empty on the show) - was Tamra's hope to create something successful that could continue to support her long after the show is over. Tamra seems to be in financial reality. She has also said that Andy likes her because she is a good employee - she never complains or gets demanding, etc - and I believe her. I think Tamra knows which side of her bread is buttered and she wants to keep her job.

Have you see Lydia's high school photos? She was actually very pretty when she had a fuller face.

I haven't.  She has very pretty eyes and isn't ugly, she just isn't attractive to me.  Now that may be more her hypocritical ultra religious personality that colors my opinion than actual physical attributes.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Same here.  I do NOT go in pools that cater to kids.  That child was so close to the edge they could have pulled him out of the water to let him urinate elsewhere.  Now Vicki's pool is a pool of pee.  Who am I kidding it always was.  If she peed on Tamra's bed she's peed in the pool.

Good point - in Vicki's mind her bodily fluids - and by extension, those of her family - should be appreciated by all who come in contact. That's why she tries to vomit wherever she goes - it's her special way of blessing others, like wine in church.

• Love 5

Judy would have made a good HW ... I find it fascinating she's a light hearted zany Goldie Hawn type and super rich and her husband is this straight laced nerdy dude. 

If anyone watches Shahs of Sunset please listen to MJ's fiancé Tommy. His voice sounds so much like Shannon's when she's being gregarious or drunk. They blurt that same awkward squawking and hit the vowels in an off key tone. I swear it's true ? 

@Natalie68 I remember Vikki peeing on Tamras bed in Mexico and giggling about it, then leaving it for her. That was weird. 

• Love 1
16 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Not sure of the timing, but there was a point when Eddie's house was in Foreclosure.  According to The RealEstalker in 2013, "Although it really ain’t no body’s bidness, documentation Your Mama easily accessed online indicates that in mid-2011 Mister Judge tangled with foreclosure but, we’re happy to say the mess was all worked out by June 2012 when a Notice of Rescission was filed and recorded. Most likely it was just a case of misplaced paperwork or some such snafu, right? Anyhoo…"

http://variety.com/2013/dirt/real-estalker/real-estate-roundup-the-real-housewives-of-orange-county-1201235614

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
Corrected an erroneous link
  • Love 2

Two things: I remember press before Shannon debuted, talking about her insisting on doing the show, and that her housewife hunger was hurting her marriage. It turned out later the problem was hubby cheating. I often wondered if he cheated to punish her for doing the show, or if the mistress leaked this to the press. Shannon has alluded to experiencing some gaslighting so I wonder. It seems like the show hasn't really helped her. I do enjoy watching her when she isn't nitpicking or getting negative.

Two: Ah, the days of Vicki and the kitchen botox with Laurie, where Vicki looked like a normal working mom and was so squeamish about her first botox injection. Oh, how times have changed. You can get great Botox in our little tiny town from a top doc in the field and Vicki is glammed up 24/7. 

Edited by LVmom
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

Ugh, the stuff with Gretchen. Tamra absolutely came across as so jealous of her, right from the very beginning. I think that Tamra was miserable in her marriage, struggling with issues related to her dead-beat son Ryan and the tensions they brought into the household, and faced with a younger and more beautiful (at least back then) gal on her turf. And she was nasty as hell to Gretchen, a person I didn't care for at all. 

But I think there was something else there. Tamra was a super sleuth long before Meghan joined the show. It seemed nasty and self-serving at the time in the ways she went about it, but she knew that Gretchen was a con artist right from the start.

MCM, I can't recall if you posted on Ye Olde without Pity -- but, if so, do you remember a poster (from the fun 'n crazy Wild Wild West Days of the OC thread) whose handle was pizzagirl? Wasn't there some talk that pizzagirl either was Tams or a friend of Tams? Pizzagirl went on a rampage before Gretchen's debut about how horrible she was -- one comment about ol' Gretch that I still remember because it made me chuckle (yes, I'm 6) was something like, "she's got a bad personality, bad reputation, bad teeth, bad skin, and bad breath", and I thought, "well, this will be interesting season."

1 hour ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

PM2, I have not. Did she have those enormous teeth back then or are those a result of living in VeneerLand? 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Mountainair said:

Heh, unfortunately my years as a lifeguard at the community pool taught me people peeing in the water isn't limited to infants and toddlers. I think they think the chlorine makes it A-OK.

• Love 1
On 8/28/2017 at 8:12 PM, jaybird2 said:

really can't stand peggy...very annoying.

With all the homophobia and fake marriage talk going on, she won't last past this season (or I'd be surprised if she did, anyway).  I think the show needed quick filler after Heather D left/was bounced.

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, islandgal140 said:

I think it is just a case of her maybe being better at expressing herself in writing than orally.

Perhaps because it's more difficult to express herself orally while faking some sort of accent.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, motorcitymom65 said:

But I think there was something else there. Tamra was a super sleuth long before Meghan joined the show. It seemed nasty and self-serving at the time in the ways she went about it, but she knew that Gretchen was a con artist right from the start. And if there is one thing I will give to Tamra - she has always hated the gals that are very fake on camera or pretending that their reality was different from what they portrayed on reality TV. Tamra was honest about her shitty marriage and the issues with her son. She was letting it all hang out long before Shannon was. And she was watching Gretchen craft this entire storyline that wasn't authentic. The same for Alexis, who barely had a pot to piss in, but went on and on about all of her possessions. While Tamra was showing the aftermath of an ugly divorce and being honest about the fact that she basically had no money and was moving into an apartment and her life was less than ideal. Just like she hated Gretchen and Alexis for the stories they were crafting, she detests Vicki for the same reason now. The fake cancer storyline. 

I think Tamra has in her history on the show been the most vile in many ways. I have disliked her more than any other HW (save for Vicki - no one will ever trump that). She has a lot of bad stuff on her resume. But I also think she has changed a lot in the last few years. She is so far from perfect. The deal with her daughter just turns my stomach. She needs to keep her name out of her mouth if that is what the daughter wants. I also get how hard that must be because the situation is agonizing. But she has to do it if she hopes for a relationship with her in the future. She handles this poorly in so many ways, even though I have a ton of empathy for what she is going through. But even though she doesn't handle it all in the best way, I have seen a ton of growth in her over the years. And it hasn't come about overnight, which would lead me to believe it is contrived. It has been a slow, steady process since she met and married Eddie. She seems truly happy and in love. Much more focused on the important stuff in life than in the shit that makes no difference. 

I recall back in the season 4 reunion that T amra revealed getting all the phone calls from the guy claiming to be dating Gretchen, etc...and she said she kept it under wraps and off camera...and she said at the reunion she wished she had spoken up about it because it was her primary reason for disliking Gretchen back in season 4.  Not saying I agree..but that was what she said.

There was a video she and Vicki did to promote season 9...and she said that any new.housewife that comes on...she will instantly dislike if they're pretending to be something they arent...and acting like they're doing it to become a star....and we know Gretchen and Alexis (to a lesser extent) were like that.  And remember Danielle from season 9 that was cut out...the rumor was that Danielle was making up stuff f9r her story.  i think with peggy...she doesn't know what makes her tick..and that both frustrates yet intrigues her.

T amra feels insecure over hotter and younger women, Vicki feels insecure around women that have rich men, and Heather felt insecure around women that had money (i.e. why she had issues with Lydia and Shannon...and rumor has it that Katie H, the housewife who quit, and her didn't get along

• Love 4