Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Empty Your Bucket

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

My big beef with Cassie is her pride in, "laying down the law" that never applied to HER.  

Okay, we're not all smiley all the time, but let's not pretend we're a "dedicated good leader" when those basic skills were a feudal title and largely unearned through the very steps you're Laying A Law about. So don't be all smiley. No worries. Just let up the smug factor, cASS...

• Love 13
41 minutes ago, TobyBelle said:

Cassie said she wasn't one of the most perky and smiley cheerleader? Didn't they give Ann Lux grief over that?! 

I always felt like poor Ann must have really pissed off Charlotte during her rookie season. Maybe she didn't kiss up enough? Even when they were watching her on the field at her second year audition, Charlotte was shaking her head violently at Kelli. So when Ann made it to TC, I was thrilled that Judy and Kelli must have overruled Charlotte at deliberations. 

• Love 13

Cassie?  She was perky enough when she needed to be, but, as far as we know, she never got called out for the RBF that Whitney and Amy S. (and probably others) did.  Now, I'm showing myself out before my bias gets the best of me.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, TobyBelle said:

Do the TCCs still pair up with a big sister? I would like to see that interaction. 

I wondered about that because when Erin (or Brianna?) got called in, Milan was waiting for her.

5 hours ago, M1977G said:

Just rewatched the episode. Did anyone else notice that when Tasha entered Kelli's office, there was a picture of Megan, Kelsey, and Amy T next to Brittany, and then when Stephanie walked in, supposedly right after, Katie Marie was hanging in that spot? ? 

Yes yes yes! How random right? Why would they have changed that picture? Lol I'm so glad other people notice these little details

• Love 1

I am rewatching the episode.  How about this one - new girls giving fun facts about themselves...

Alexandria - I can speak, write and read in Greek

Other girls go through a litany of shallow things like "I can lick my elbow, I can put my tounge on my nose, I want to be on carpool karaoke"... 

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Yes yes yes! How random right? Why would they have changed that picture? Lol I'm so glad other people notice these little details

I had seen the pictures on here before I watched the full episode, so I knew that was Katy facing sideways.  Then when I was watching the episode, I was wondering who else was in the photo cause you could see the bottom part of the photo and the girl was facing the front.  It never dawned on me it was a different photo.  I probably would have notice during the 32nd viewing:)

• Love 2
55 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I wondered about that because when Erin (or Brianna?) got called in, Milan was waiting for her.

Milan received a Barbie along with Bri...maybe she was connected with her and wanted to make sure she was okay? 

Cassie also was snitch on the girls and used to spread rumours , Remember when Judy told Kelli in Kelsey Bond's rookie season that "some of the vets" told her that Kelsey is anorexic when poor Kelsey was just recovering from surgery!!

Edited by mmm
  • Love 12
16 minutes ago, mmm said:

Cassie also was snitch on the girls and used to spread rumours , Remember when Judy told Kelli in Kelsey Bond's rookie season that "some of the vets" told her that Kelsey is anorexic when poor Kelsey was just recovering from surgery!!

This.

• Love 9
56 minutes ago, mmm said:

FWIW, does anyone really know that was Cassie? Because given the way all of those Alumni talked during that last episode, it could have been anyone. 

• Love 8

Cut nights: I wonder where the girls will hang out this season when waiting for those who were called into the office. Surely in that sparkly new building they're not going to be relegated to the car park like at VR. But the car park *did* have a certain 'ambience' in those scenes.... ?

• Love 9

When posters keep talking about Cassie and laying/laid down the law all I keep thinking about is a Roseanne episode. It's the one where Becky farted in front of the whole school and Roseanne referred to it as "laid down the law".

• Love 11
14 hours ago, M1977G said:

Just rewatched the episode. Did anyone else notice that when Tasha entered Kelli's office, there was a picture of Megan, Kelsey, and Amy T next to Brittany, and then when Stephanie walked in, supposedly right after, Katie Marie was hanging in that spot? ? 

8 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Noticed too. Not the faces -b/c the pictures are too high , in relation to who is sitting in the chair. I noticed that Tasha's mtg I thought I saw a bunch of "bottoms/legs/shorts" and they were not there for Stephanie's mtg. Makes a person wonder how many pictures they have .

might have made some sense to get one of those digital random frames so Kelli can watch action shots from all of the years. I'm sure the cowboys could have the frames custom made in a size that is large as the pix on the wall ($$).

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

Cut nights: I wonder where the girls will hang out this season when waiting for those who were called into the office. Surely in that sparkly new building they're not going to be relegated to the car park like at VR. But the car park *did* have a certain 'ambience' in those scenes.... ?

Yeah - that's an interesting question.  I think we'll find out Thursday as it looks like first cut is coming in that episode.

• Love 2
17 hours ago, ShellyB said:

I have no idea! I know I was filling her in on what went on earlier day from the workshop. Definitely nothing about Erin. 

Sorry @ShellyB that came out wrong.  I didn't mean to imply you were talking about Erin. Was just trying to pinpoint the moment in the episode. 

Thanks for replying! ❤️

• Love 2
11 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

OK I rewatched this a number of times and it appears they actually changed the photos between Tasha walking in and her walking out of the office because you can see in close ups that there is a girl behind her now while she is talking a cheerleader vest with blonde hair and it is Brittany.  Maybe they thought it was too busy of a background?  Who knows!!

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

FWIW, does anyone really know that was Cassie? Because given the way all of those Alumni talked during that last episode, it could have been anyone. 

No. It's all speculation.

5 hours ago, Pinknblue said:

Good question. I wouldn't completely rule out the parking lot because I'm sure by that time people want to go lol. Plus, I'm sure it's cooler outside than it is in the studio at that time of night and who doesn't want fresh air.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, TobyBelle said:

Cassie said she wasn't one of the most perky and smiley cheerleader? Didn't they give Ann Lux grief over that?! 

Yes, they gave Ann the "we know you are a fun girl, but we have not seen it" lecture.  I think also she did not socialize alot with the DCC outside of practice/performance irked them, but I thought it was unfair.  In this episode I thought "be yourself" comments from some of the other vets was good.  I don't think the its okay to not have a smile continuously is the wrong message for girls that need to know that even when the dance is over cameras are rolling, people are looking.  All cheerleaders are drilled into them to smile.  I think it was misleading to say it's okay not to have a cheerleader face/presence.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I am rewatching the episode.  How about this one - new girls giving fun facts about themselves...

Other girls go through a litany of shallow things like "I can lick my elbow, I can put my tounge on my nose, I want to be on carpool karaoke"... 

It's just supposed to be fun.  Although I would probably myself not do the tongue tricks even if I could, I thought the carpool karaoke comment was fun/cute...  

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

It's just supposed to be fun.  Although I would probably myself not do the tongue tricks even if I could, I thought the carpool karaoke comment was fun/cute...  

agree. not sure a professional environment, on your first day/mtg,  is the place to state and/or demostrate places where my tongue can or go or has been...

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

This happened in 2012 , When Cassie was still on the Team.

I mean Kelsey Bond not the Kelsey on the team right now, That's Kelsey Lawrence 

15 minutes ago, mmm said:

This happened in 2012 , When Cassie was still on the Team.

I mean Kelsey Bond not the Kelsey on the team right now, That's Kelsey Lawrence 

The only two alumni retired vets from the episode who were on the team at the time was Cassie and Mia when Judy mentioned the vets were worried about Kelsey in Season 7. Things like this probably happens a lot because I am sure the girls do not get along 24/7/365 as Kelli likes the general public and fans to believe.

15 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

I know, right?  Plus, I think prospective cheerleaders bragging about what they can do with their tongues is....unseemly.  What's next?  "I can shoot a ping pong ball out of my woo hoo"?

• Love 3
6 hours ago, sATL said:

agree. not sure a professional environment, on your first day/mtg,  is the place to state and/or demostrate places where my tongue can or go or has been...

To me it showed how classy Alexandria is, and made the others seem vapid in comparison.  Miranda's mom's dream for changing her name and Lauren's born in an ambulance story we're enjoyable and appropriate, but I thought Madeline, Brennan and whoever that was that licked her elbow were not a good look for a "world class" organization.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, sATL said:

We need to stop pretending this is regular professional environment. 

• Love 13
On 8/24/2017 at 9:47 PM, Dccfan126 said:

Oh hey, I don't get lots of the love people have for Stephanie's look. I do not think she is attractive. 

But I would have just assumed as a veteran her skin tone was K&J approved.

Omg thank you! #couldntagreemore 

• Love 2
On 8/24/2017 at 11:26 PM, sATL said:

Why can't they access and address the veteran weight gain issue before auditions? Do a weigh in when they turn in the form(s) to come back. Do another weigh in when they are in the studio learning the audition dance or before the interview. To wait until the first week of rehearsals or be cut at auditions, is a little one sided. Congrats to the women who can stay at the same weight as when they came in for 3-5 years in a row.

K&J didn't show a lot of sympathy to the veteran who was in a car accident one day and lost her job the next. They could at least asked, what does she do for living , has she found something. if they can tell is  stressed and not herself, at least show some concern.

She's from my home state and she was back home going out with old Bucks Energee dancers, who I know, and visiting with friends and family. I'm sure the "vacation" caught up with her before tryouts. 

• Love 1
On 8/26/2017 at 4:17 PM, Mabinogia said:

Seriously! As a vet (these were the two vets, right?) it's not like it should come as a surprise that a DCC has to maintain a certain weight/physical quality. Let yourself go in the off season if you have to, but a few weeks before camp, and again, no surprise as to when that is coming (unless Kelli stealthily changes when camp starts every year to keep them off balance lol), start getting your ass back into shape! They have all mentioned countless times that the vets aren't safe so don't act like you're safe. Anybody can be replaced. 

I have a little sympathy for the one who was in an accident. I sprained my wrist recently and gained weight because I couldn't do half my workout (planks, push ups, burpees or anything of that nature. For the first couple days I couldn't even do my climber machine because I couldn't move my wrist at all and it hurt to hold onto it). So I get that an accident can get you off course but no excuse now. Get your asses in gear. 

It is sad that any of these women would be considered overweight, but then, they chose this path, no one is forcing them to do this. 

AMEN!!!! 

• Love 2

I think this is one of the biggest differences in how some see the DCC: it is a business and an organization, not a sorority or girl squad of friendship. The alumni mention it over and over when giving advice, and Charlotte and Kelli both stress this as well. 

I just think if someone asked me to introduce myself and tell me something others don't know, my first response would not be "I can lick my elbow."  Surely with such an open ended question and having been through panel interviews where the candidates are asked what books they read, or to name American historical figures, and where leaders continue to stress that you are Americas sweethearts, you'd think (or hope) that they could mention something a little more interesting than one ear being higher than another, etc.

The thing about licking your nose begs the question: "yes we didn't know that about you, but does anyone actually care?  and do we feel like we know you better now that you've told us?"  I didn't mind the carpool karaoke story because she was saying how she loves to sing in the car, and I do feel like it gives me a better understanding of Maddie.  I also thought Popcorn Kelly's answer was inane but I guess it also gives you a better idea of who she is and what she likes.

I think the biggest "hint" that many of the TCC should take is that they are called *candidates* and not sisters or girls.  Candidate is the term you would use for those interviewing for a job. And I would never mention being able to lick my elbow during a job interview or when getting to know someone. I wouldn't mention it on a first date, either, and not because it seems vulgar or whatnot, but because it kind of shows that I have few other interesting qualities. Surely these girls have millions of interesting facts or qualities!

I also wish CMT showed more interesting quotes from the meet and greet. We are also subject to seeing only the ones that are included and maybe the 30 other answers were all intelligent, articulate and insightful. 

• Love 9

Last year Tasha bugged a little bit, not sure why, maybe a hint of inauthenticity. I certainly don't know her so she may very well be the most authentic and genuine person on the planet. One thing I DO know, however, in the comparison pictures, meant to demonstrate how she'd gotten "bigger" since tryouts last year? She looked about 5000% better this year. Last year, in the picture they used, she looked skinnier, certainly, but also haggard and ten years older. I get it if the organization thinks "she won't look good in the uniform" if she's carrying those few extra pounds, but the example picture they used could hardly have been a worse one, as it seemingly was saying -- this skeletal look? this is what we want.

• Love 3
On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 10:59 PM, Rubyslippahz said:

I have a sinking feeling that if this show continues far into the future, we will be seeing more and more of Cassie.   Gotta give props to Judy, she really set her girl up for life.

LOL at Cass telling the rookie candidates that being a smiler isn't necessary-we saw her stank face and attitude for years.  And her special talent of "laying down the law"-- umm no comment.    Not surprised that she didn't share her key tip for DCC success: "Be Judy's daughter".  

I just have such a hard time with Cassie!

• Love 3
On 8/27/2017 at 5:37 PM, MrsEVH said:

I noticed Milan waiting too. In the past a vet, which I assumed was the big sister, always sat with the TCC while waiting for her turn to be called in. These past seasons, they sat alone so I wondered.

• Love 1

I expect the pictures in the office were different because unlike what they would like us to believe, Stephanie and Tasha were filmed at different times. And maybe not even on the same night as the rookies. 

• Love 3
On 8/24/2017 at 7:25 PM, missmansfield said:

Ok, maybe I am just slow but I don't get the "empty your bucket" thing.  Can someone explain it to me?

Yes, it's like "don't die with the music still left in you..." a famous quote by someone :)...so whatever talent you have to give, give it while you can. Leave your mark, go for it with all you've got while you can, life is short, and so on. Hope that helps. Oh, and in line with the bucket list. So not only your talent but those dreams/goals on your list that you want to strive for. 

On 8/24/2017 at 8:14 PM, Dopeydwarf said:

OK, this might sound dumb, but I want to say it anyway.

She is pretty, but I noticed a difference between her older photos, and her look now. She looks like she might have an exopthalmic goiter, and I'm a bit concerned. Her eyes have a bit of bulge.  I know, I know, she works in a hospital, but I had a friend who did as well, and it took a new resident doctor to notice and ask.  Everyone else was just used to how she looked.

That is interesting and sad if that is the case - Graves Disease is another name for it I think. I initially thought she just might be very religious (e.g. "my mom took me on a mission to   Africa [I think]" and that she was on the sauce "full of life every minute" sauce. Nothin wrong with that...but I think you may be on to something there. 

Edited by larellG
2 hours ago, Stee said:

I think this is one of the biggest differences in how some see the DCC: it is a business and an organization, 

I couldn't disagree more. The Cowboys and the players are the business and the DCC are the talented, but underpaid, interns. Interns do have a level of professionalism to adhere to, but (at least) two cowboys players have been arrested in the last 3 months, so I'm just going to say, go ahead and lick your elbow. 

• Love 6
23 minutes ago, Collette1104 said:

I couldn't disagree more. The Cowboys and the players are the business and the DCC are the talented, but underpaid, interns. Interns do have a level of professionalism to adhere to, but (at least) two cowboys players have been arrested in the last 3 months, so I'm just going to say, go ahead and lick your elbow. 

Exactly. Like, as long as you as they aren't assaulting anyone, do your little tricks.

Edited by Dccfan126
  • Love 1

Y'all.... it's FUN facts! ?

Not intelligent job interview/saving puppies from tornadoes facts.  It's a big ice breaker and many companies do it during new hire orientations.  I was an HR Director for 10 years and we did this all the time.

Besides, have we already forgotten our Lacey doing her crazy hilarious monkey call or Jordan Chanley saying she could play the recorder with her nose??

They are just meant to be interesting as well as fun.    

• Love 18
12 minutes ago, Rita J said:

Not intelligent job interview/saving puppies from tornadoes facts.  It's a big ice breaker and many companies do it during new hire orientations.  I was an HR Director for 10 years and we did this all the time.

Besides, have we already forgotten our Lacey doing her crazy hilarious monkey call or Jordan Chanley saying she could play the recorder with her nose??

Exactly!

• Love 4

My only problem with tongue to nose and tongue to elbow girl is that that is what they think is the most interesting, fun thing about them or at least the first thing they could think of. I mean, that's great at a frat party where you are trying to show off to a bunch of drunks, but I can't image in it's all that fun or interesting to sober people. It's not the worst thing in the world, better than saying you thought they were asking who the first ever first lady was and not knowing Martha Washington, but it's just a bit sad that this is what you think sets you apart from others, your long and flexible tongue. haha

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Exactly!

2 hours ago, Rita J said:

This. I have done corporate icebreaker crap like this a million times.

• Love 2
On 8/27/2017 at 7:06 PM, ATLGirl said:

I always felt like poor Ann must have really pissed off Charlotte during her rookie season. Maybe she didn't kiss up enough? Even when they were watching her on the field at her second year audition, Charlotte was shaking her head violently at Kelli. So when Ann made it to TC, I was thrilled that Judy and Kelli must have overruled Charlotte at deliberations. 

I just watched that episode last night. Charlotte saw Kellie smiling, called her name, and shook her head NO. That wiped the smile off Kellie's face. After that, Iwas very surprised Ann made it to TC. I think you're right; Charlotte took a dislike to Ann.

• Love 2

I take Ann over behind kisser upper five year vet Allie from Season 6. I think Ann was not the typical butt kisser my life is DCC 24/7/365 as the majority of the girls were. You go Ann! Don't take crap from Charlotte.

Edited by bigskygirl

Ann was great.  I do believe she did have DCC friends- Ann, Sasha, Mia and Nicole had a little group and referred to themselves as the "Wolfpack."  They had a cute blog about it on the old site.

This episode: liked the veteran panel.  My favorite thing about this show is it seems like they take viewer comments into account when making new seasons.  I think that's why it's so long-running.  Or at least part of the reason.

I think Erin is cute enough, but she doesn't have it together at all.

Brianna IS a Natasha from SAtC.  Too timid.  She's still a mystery to me.  Everything about her is nice in its own way.  It's just not in a DCC way.

Love Lauren, reminds me of Courtney (TCC) from a few seasons ago.

Who is Keyra, the African American girl we have yet to meet?

Love Alexandria- and she's smart too!  Greek is a tough language.

Everyone is right- if any other DCC was non-smiley and bossy, they'd be run out of town. Cassie needs to shut up.  Actually, she needs replaced by Brittany E, as mentioned above.     No more Cassie.

Edited by Calicocats
  • Love 6

I think Kelli specifically says, "tell us something interesting that we may not know about you after the interview process."  About half the answers we've seen over the years are either stupid human tricks (Lacey did a monkey call) or useless trivia.  Alexandria's answer was a good one, but I don't think they're looking for substantive stuff here.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Calicocats said:

Love Alexandria- and she's smart too!  Greek is a tough language.

She is Greek though! Not that this means that being fluent in two languages is easy, but I would definitely be blown away by someone who chose to learn Greek with no reason.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I take Ann over behind kisser upper five year vet Allie from Season 6. I think Ann was not the typical butt kisser my life is DCC 24/7/365 as the majority of the girls were. You go Ann! Don't take crap from Charlotte.

Initially, I was not a fan of Ally's either, because I didn't think she had the DCC look.  I think she gets a bum deal for that scene.  I feel like Taylor talked some stuff to someone who told her group leader and it took a life from there.  I honestly feel she was just trying not to leave Cassie out there, especially because she agreed with her.  Mia was just like, "please Lord.  Can we just judge people on their dance ability?"

However, when Ally put that uniform on she looked great, and danced her ass off.  I really try to make my faves girls who actually are "World Class" based on their dancing.

To quote Beyonce, and I never miss a chance to quote her:  "I talk like shit, but I can back it up!" (From her song Ego.)

Basically, even if she was/is a shit stirrer, she backed it up with her dance ability.  This is a dance team after all.

• Love 4