Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Empty Your Bucket

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Hello all!  It's great to be back reading the forums, you have some great comments.  I know...episode 4 already - I am late to the party.  But here goes....

Pixiedust - Loved your comment about Brianna looking similar to Liv Tyler .  That is very true.   She should pursue modeling if this doesn't work out.  Also getting a young Brooke Shields vibe from her.  Her eyebrows are amazing. 

Funny comments about Cassie, she is not the most popular vet.  DCCroutineFAN, sorry I can't agree with your praises of her.  Can I throw at least one tomato your way?  Haha!  Kidding!

The studio wall graphics were awesome, but they are very distracting.    They must have spent a fortune putting all those pictures up.  Kelli's comment about the other NFL team's locker rooms was pretty snarky.  She obviously feels there is no competition there.  Are there any other teams that spend $$$ like this on their stadiums, and other facilities?  It seems very extravagant to me.

I spotted one gorgeous brunette when they were all sitting in that conference room, but it went by so fast I'm not sure who she was, but I'm thinking one of the rookie candidates. Maybe Madeline. Or is there an Alexis?    I shouldn't have deleted my recording.

I did not realize that their practices went from 7pm to midnight - WOW!!    I thought maybe 10PM or so.  How do the girls that work handle that?   That means zero free time.   Total commitment.

And I didn't like Tasha's response to her weight gain, saying she was just getting older.  You don't want to say that!   Don't bring attention to the fact you are older than everyone, especially when their favorites are teenagers (Brianna).

Can't wait to see who is cut first.   It will be tough, such good talent this year.

• Love 4

I saw Brianna had an M sticker... is that maybe Model?  Also both she and Erin have yellow stickers, I wonder if that means they are on the bubble.  It would sort of fit comments they have made.

18 hours ago, hypeman said:

Barbie

Who was up there with a B?  

7 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I saw Brianna had an M sticker... is that maybe Model?  Also both she and Erin have yellow stickers, I wonder if that means they are on the bubble.  It would sort of fit comments they have made.

Who was up there with a B?  

I bet M is for makeover. Because they are right -- Briana looks like a high fashion model. And high fashion model is not the DCC look at all.

• Love 1

Look the weight warnings whether done before the carmeras or not need to be discussed for the viewer because of course we are going to wonder if we see  girl not to standard and I think they want us to know it has been addressed.  But I think they had a year or two when they said that if it was a weight issue they would just not ask to have them in training camp.  I wonder if because they lost so many power house and key vets this year maybe they wanted to give the vets Tasha and Stephanie the time in training camp to address it rather than outright cut out all the talent.  I don't know. 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

Look the weight warnings whether done before the carmeras or not need to be discussed for the viewer because of course we are going to wonder if we see  girl not to standard and I think they want us to know it has been addressed.  But I think they had a year or two when they said that if it was a weight issue they would just not ask to have them in training camp.  I wonder if because they lost so many power house and key vets this year maybe they wanted to give the vets Tasha and Stephanie the time in training camp to address it rather than outright cut out all the talent.  I don't know. 

They have definitely said they aren't going to bring vets with weight issues into camp, and they always do. Personally, I think it is because they know things will be fine in the long run, that the weight issues aren't real concerns to the overwhelming majority of fans, and this way they have a dramatic storyline for the show.

There is no universe where any Cowboys fan thought Schram had a weight issue -- but she made a great spokesperson for whatever that pre-package meal plan nonsense was they were partnered with.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, Dccfan126 said:

I bet M is for makeover. Because they are right -- Briana looks like a high fashion model. And high fashion model is not the DCC look at all.

I hope it does. I'm curious what they will do with her. I think she is a stunning natural beauty. It will be interesting to see her tarted up for the much less natural DCC look. Natural beauties don't always wear heavy makeup well. I just hope that whatever they do can be undone because off the field I think she's perfect the way she is. 

• Love 3

There is a deleted scene on Facebook where the girls are doing the kicks down the floor, but I am for some reason Facebook challenge when I try to post videos on here. It looks like vet Madeline did fall down once while doing the kicks.

In the case of Meagan F., I think Kelli did like the first time she tried out, but she did not care her the second or third time she tried out. I think Kelli and Judy were overruled by Charlotte because Meagan looked like Julia Roberts (I do not see it myself,) and Charlotte seems to like the girls who have an "unique" look aka Courtney Cook and Paula T. from Season 5 even if it looks like the girls cannot dance DCC style.

True, @bigskygirl, Meghan had a Julia-esque vibe about her. And I always liked Curly Courtney, that season she left I felt terrible for her. I think girl must have been going through some major shit..

In other news, every time I see Sarah Gourley that song "I'm so humble" from that Andy Samberg movie Popstar plays in my head.. lmfao, no??? Just me? ???

?"The thing about me that's so impressive
Is how infrequently I mention all of my successes"?

?

Edited by MissKrisPcola
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, jenngirl said:

Hello all!  It's great to be back reading the forums, you have some great comments.  I know...episode 4 already - I am late to the party.  But here goes....

Pixiedust - Loved your comment about Brianna looking similar to Liv Tyler .  That is very true.   She should pursue modeling if this doesn't work out.  Also getting a young Brooke Shields vibe from her.  Her eyebrows are amazing. 

Funny comments about Cassie, she is not the most popular vet.  DCCroutineFAN, sorry I can't agree with your praises of her.  Can I throw at least one tomato your way?  Haha!  Kidding!

The studio wall graphics were awesome, but they are very distracting.    They must have spent a fortune putting all those pictures up.  Kelli's comment about the other NFL team's locker rooms was pretty snarky.  She obviously feels there is no competition there.  Are there any other teams that spend $$$ like this on their stadiums, and other facilities?  It seems very extravagant to me.

I spotted one gorgeous brunette when they were all sitting in that conference room, but it went by so fast I'm not sure who she was, but I'm thinking one of the rookie candidates. Maybe Madeline. Or is there an Alexis?    I shouldn't have deleted my recording.

I did not realize that their practices went from 7pm to midnight - WOW!!    I thought maybe 10PM or so.  How do the girls that work handle that?   That means zero free time.   Total commitment.

And I didn't like Tasha's response to her weight gain, saying she was just getting older.  You don't want to say that!   Don't bring attention to the fact you are older than everyone, especially when their favorites are teenagers (Brianna).

Can't wait to see who is cut first.   It will be tough, such good talent this year.

Tasha is still very young. I think Schram for example retired at 29. Tasha if I'm not mistaken is 25. And that's pretty much when we start realizing that we can't eat like pigs but can still burn it off quite easily.

1 hour ago, Dccfan126 said:

They have definitely said they aren't going to bring vets with weight issues into camp, and they always do. Personally, I think it is because they know things will be fine in the long run, that the weight issues aren't real concerns to the overwhelming majority of fans, and this way they have a dramatic storyline for the show.

There is no universe where any Cowboys fan thought Schram had a weight issue -- but she made a great spokesperson for whatever that pre-package meal plan nonsense was they were partnered with.

There are some cut vets throughout the years that were definitely too out of shape to get back on track. Caila still looks big and she is definitely more toned etc, it's just her body type. Stephanie has a kinda bigger body type as well, but more on the tone side, like Holly. So I can see why they gave them a chance.

2 hours ago, Dccfan126 said:

Yup. And the reason we Donny see them give weight warnings earlier is because humiliating on camera weight talks are good for TV. 

I can't see them accepting to go through a humiliating meeting like that on camera if it was really staged. But maybe they had been warned before and this was a reminder. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I know this sounds crazy, but I am going to miss reading the different labels on the file folders in the rack behind her whenever she talks to the girls in her office.

Not crazy at all! I loved it too! I always wondered what the folder tray labeled "noodle" meant.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Tasha is still very young. I think Schram for example retired at 29. Tasha if I'm not mistaken is 25. And that's pretty much when we start realizing that we can't eat like pigs but can still burn it off quite easily.

TWENTY FIVE!!??? Omg. She looks 35!!! 

• Love 10

I was curious so I looked it up.  Tasha was Miss Utah Teen USA in 2009 and she was 18 at the time according to the chart on Wikipedia, so yeah she is 25 or 26.   I thought she was older.

Edited by jenngirl
  • Love 3

I have totally found my people!  I thought I was the only one obsessed with Kelly's desk folders! :) She'd be talking to a cheerleader and I'd be going, "there's the USO folder, there's the calendar shoot folder..."  I do like the new chubby shelves in her office, though.

I'm loving the new lockers and office area too. 

• Love 9

The heavy makeup, super bleached hair, and fake tan ages Tasha's appearance, I think. 

I thought this was the show's most fun first meeting/start of training camp episode in a long time! I loved having the vets on and hearing their comments in different settings--pre-rehearsal practice (a nice change from one vet + Melissa), in rehearsal, and then behind closed doors with K and J. I didn't find the vets overly snarky at all. They have high standards and explained to the rookies that they need thick skin to absorb critiques and be their best in this environment. Nice to hear Mia give props to Simone and Amy! I wish we'd heard some feedback from Shelly, though. My one snark about vet snark: I totally didn't understand Mia's comment about Stephanie's tan--I don't see at all that her tan is more intense than the others, like Tasha, Jinelle, or Kelsey. I really like Stephanie--a gorgeous Wisconsin girl who is a great and clean dancer and seems to be an excellent team member. I could see her as a second leader next year if she sticks around. So nice to finally hear her speak, and to see her on the new show banner! 

I get that Erin is a beautiful dancer--I saw clips of her solo last episode and know she got a Barbie--but I don't see how or why she got into camp. I don't think she has the DCC look at all and actually think she's the least attractive of the rookie candidates. She said in this episode she's never done pom or DCC style, but I have no patience for that. She freaking knew she was trying out, plus she had 3 weeks between auditions and camp. Somewhere in there she should have been taking some damn classes--Michelle Keyes has her power class, other DCC like Evan have classes, etc. Don't act surprised that this is different. Add that to her weak ass performance in rehearsals and I'm all heated all over again that Katelyn didn't make it to camp. She outdanced Erin 100% at auditions. Katelyn, come back next year, please! 

• Love 5
22 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

If you go back and re-watch Season 4, which is Mia's first season, she doesn't have that Valley Girl "accent."  She had just graduated high school the previous Friday and her voice is more mature sounding than it is now.  

She's always sounded like that to me though over the years. Personally I didn't hear much difference ??‍♀️

• Love 3

I wonder how & why Briana decided to audition for DCC at this time.  She has never danced to rock or country & that is the dancing style of the DCC.  If she was only a ballet studio student how did DCC get on her radar?  If she was a fan of the show, then she would have known about the DCC style & the kicks.  I would like to have known why she is auditioning.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I wonder how & why Briana decided to audition for DCC at this time.  She has never danced to rock or country & that is the dancing style of the DCC.  If she was only a ballet studio student how did DCC get on her radar?  If she was a fan of the show, then she would have known about the DCC style & the kicks.  I would like to have known why she is auditioning.

I'm actually confused about the kicks. Kelli just said that she has beautiful extension, maybe something about her kicks as well (I don't really remember) but definitely didn't say that she needs to work on them. I think there was a reason why she couldn't fully do the kicks at auditions-which explains why Kelli isn't worried about it. There's no way a lyrical dancer who was in any capacity involved with the rockettes would have such low kicks.

When Kelli was doing the "turning off the lights" scene, she should not have worn that white skirt. It was painfully not flattering to her shape.

My attitude softened as regards the alumni judges. All of them have a discerning eye because they have been there. I especially loved Andrea Cowan. She was direct and honest. Her, Mia and Ashton were the best judges. Cassie still bugged me. She was not a good dancer her entire career and is hardly in a position to judge anybody.

When Kelli told Brianna she needed to put her big girl panties on, my first thought was, "This girl can't do it."  The biggest part of her problem is absolute lack of self confidence and that might not appear for her until she gains experience and maturity.

As regards Stephanie and Tasha, should they not step on the scale and weigh every day to stave off any kind of a trend that is going on? Catch those weight monsters while they are little. Don't be lazy and allow things to morph into an 8 or 10 pound chubablub you have to fight. If I were a DCC, you bet your boots I would weigh in at 0600 every day like clockwork.

Stephanie kind of came across as a little full of herself when she mentioned she had never been called into the office. Once she was in the chair and got teary, I though....OK. The more she spoke, the more I liked her enough to forget about her "never in the office" remark. Kelli always tells the girls to leave their problems at the door, which explains why she came across as less than sympathetic. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

As regards Stephanie and Tasha, should they not step on the scale and weigh every day to stave off any kind of a trend that is going on? Catch those weight monsters while they are little. Don't be lazy and allow things to morph into an 8 or 10 pound chubablub you have to fight. If I were a DCC, you bet your boots I would weigh in at 0600 every day like clockwork.

Seriously! As a vet (these were the two vets, right?) it's not like it should come as a surprise that a DCC has to maintain a certain weight/physical quality. Let yourself go in the off season if you have to, but a few weeks before camp, and again, no surprise as to when that is coming (unless Kelli stealthily changes when camp starts every year to keep them off balance lol), start getting your ass back into shape! They have all mentioned countless times that the vets aren't safe so don't act like you're safe. Anybody can be replaced. 

I have a little sympathy for the one who was in an accident. I sprained my wrist recently and gained weight because I couldn't do half my workout (planks, push ups, burpees or anything of that nature. For the first couple days I couldn't even do my climber machine because I couldn't move my wrist at all and it hurt to hold onto it). So I get that an accident can get you off course but no excuse now. Get your asses in gear. 

It is sad that any of these women would be considered overweight, but then, they chose this path, no one is forcing them to do this. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

I wonder if she was recruited from a dance competition or something? - she does have great dance technique/placement and I think she's just absolutely beautiful, so I could see someone recommending her.

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

Stephanie kind of came across as a little full of herself when she mentioned she had never been called into the office. 

I feel like the majority of girls are not called into the office (I could be totally wrong) and to be a 3 yr (??) returning vet? She was probably totally shocked. I don't think she seemed full of herself. (just my opinion though ?)

• Love 16
4 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Not crazy at all! I loved it too! I always wondered what the folder tray labeled "noodle" meant.  

I always assumed it had something to do with Denise *insertlastname*, the LSU tiger girls choreographer (?) who goes by Neecie Noodle on social media.. like her doing a class or something like that...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

I'm actually confused about the kicks. Kelli just said that she has beautiful extension, maybe something about her kicks as well (I don't really remember) but definitely didn't say that she needs to work on them. I think there was a reason why she couldn't fully do the kicks at auditions-which explains why Kelli isn't worried about it. There's no way a lyrical dancer who was in any capacity involved with the rockettes would have such low kicks.

I just reread an article from Jacie Scott who made the Rockettes...she mentioned one of the differences is they perform the kicks eye high...i believe it actually is a different technique and uses different muscles. When you watch the clip from Brianna's solo in the episode it showed her kicking pretty high in her solo routine. I really wish they had shown more of her solo. So maybe that is why she felt confident that Brianna could make it happen during TC.

Edited by Rosiemac
1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:

I just reread an article from Jacie Scott who made the Rockettes...she mentioned one of the differences is they perform the kicks eye high...i believe it actually is a different technique and uses different muscles. When you watch the clip from Brianna's solo in the episode it showed her kicking pretty high in her solo routine. I really wish they had shown more of her solo. So maybe that is why she felt confident that Brianna could make it happen during TC.

@Rosiemac what do you mean with Brianna spending two summers with the Rockettes? Were these week long intensives, camp, etc? Not doubting you, I just want to know more.

It is different technique and levels with Rockettes vs DCC.

Brianna wasn't ready, and I think that when she got there, decided she really didn't want to be there, but I can't fault an 18 year old kid for changing her mind.

16 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

@Rosiemac what do you mean with Brianna spending two summers with the Rockettes? Were these week long intensives, camp, etc? Not doubting you, I just want to know more.

It is different technique and levels with Rockettes vs DCC.

Brianna wasn't ready, and I think that when she got there, decided she really didn't want to be there, but I can't fault an 18 year old kid for changing her mind.

She did the invitational with them. The kicks use different muscles. She definitely wanted to be there? google the article about Jackie Scott. It was interesting. Remember there is definitely editing for the storylines. 

• Love 2

Please for the love of all that is holy, No. More. Cassie. She brings zero value and she's no role model in my eyes. I don't think becoming a professional cheerleader right out of high school and not finishing college is much to look up to, and she didn't act like a role model during her 5 years of fame. Let's be real, the only reason she's STILL on this show is because of her mother. Enough. 

ETA: I just want to clarify that my beef is that she had the opportunity and privilege to earn a college degree and made it pretty far, at least to junior year if I recall correctly. But she didn't finish what she started and could have done so easily. I might have some respect for her if she finished her education. 

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Love 18

Did anyone else notice Mia staring hard at the ground while Cassie was talking about not being smiley and being the one who could lay down the law? She seemed to be trying not to react, and I noticed the other vets kind of just sitting there and not nodding. It amused me a bit. 

On a different note, Savannah's extreme part REALLY bugs me. It's like halfway down the side of her head! I find it very distracting. I hope they nix that at makeovers.  Is that a Flight Crew with gorgeous big-curled hair or something? I remember Danielle used to wear her part kind of like that her rookie year. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, RedDelicious said:

Please for the love of all that is holy, No. More. Cassie. She brings zero value and she's no role model in my eyes. I don't think becoming a professional cheerleader right out of high school and not finishing college is much to look up to, and she didn't act like a role model during her 5 years of fame. Let's be real, the only reason she's STILL on this show is because of her mother. Enough. 

I have a sinking feeling that if this show continues far into the future, we will be seeing more and more of Cassie.   Gotta give props to Judy, she really set her girl up for life.

LOL at Cass telling the rookie candidates that being a smiler isn't necessary-we saw her stank face and attitude for years.  And her special talent of "laying down the law"-- umm no comment.    Not surprised that she didn't share her key tip for DCC success: "Be Judy's daughter".  

• Love 16
3 hours ago, M1977G said:

Did anyone else notice Mia staring hard at the ground while Cassie was talking about not being smiley and being the one who could lay down the law? She seemed to be trying not to react, and I noticed the other vets kind of just sitting there and not nodding. It amused me a 

I totally noticed that too. Mia was probably doing an internal eye roll. There's no way Cassie and her nepotism didn't bother any of her teammates at one point or another. I'm sure it got very irritating watching her get away with so much that anyone else would have been called out (or cut) for

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

I have a sinking feeling that if this show continues far into the future, we will be seeing more and more of Cassie.   Gotta give props to Judy, she really set her girl up for life.

LOL at Cass telling the rookie candidates that being a smiler isn't necessary-we saw her stank face and attitude for years.  And her special talent of "laying down the law"-- umm no comment.    Not surprised that she didn't share her key tip for DCC success: "Be Judy's daughter".  

All the others had quite useful tips, but all Cassie had to say is that it's ok not to have the best expressions,when each year at least one tcc is getting roasted for her expressions. She could have said something about having to have thick skin and that she had to endure so much criticism but nooo, she had to show us once again why we didn't want her on the team in the first place.

• Love 11

I think this is the best season ever as far for the editing department of CMT.

I need to go back and watch each episode but I think I heard one girl say something about getting through the body aches and pains (as when you exercise and the next day you know you exercised but you have to do it again but really just do not want to do it).

All of these girls are rock stars.  

Cassie was brave to come back and face all the mean girl comments.   

I wonder if the DCC staff has a session on how to handle the mean girl comments and not let it affect their performance or attitude?  

• Love 2
18 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

She's always sounded like that to me though over the years. Personally I didn't hear much difference ??‍♀️

I don't either, I think her year as point she was telling one of the TCC's that they need lots and lots of practice so they don't mess up in front of Kelli and Judy and I think she sounds the same. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Rita J said:

@ShellyB I would LOOOOOOOVE to know what you we're saying to Kelli around :40 in the studio (when Erin was stumbling).  The look on your face was hilarious and Kelli was getting a big ole kick outta what ever it was that you were saying!! ???❤️❤️

I have no idea! I know I was filling her in on what went on earlier day from the workshop. Definitely nothing about Erin. 

• Love 2

Just rewatched the episode. Did anyone else notice that when Tasha entered Kelli's office, there was a picture of Megan, Kelsey, and Amy T next to Brittany, and then when Stephanie walked in, supposedly right after, Katie Marie was hanging in that spot? ? 

• Love 1

I have to admit that I miss Valley Ranch a little bit. The Star is amazing but after 11 years of watching the rehearsals at VR studio I miss the blue walls and all the life sized posters on the walls. I'm getting nostalgic.

• Love 10
8 minutes ago, Shallan said:

I have to admit that I miss Valley Ranch a little bit. The Star is amazing but after 11 years of watching the rehearsals at VR studio I miss the blue walls and all the life sized posters on the walls. I'm getting nostalgic.

Was a reason given why they moved from the old location to a new one?

1 hour ago, Shallan said:

I hope they continue to decorate Kelli's office.. it was a little colorless looking to me. It kinda has a conference room look. I guess is the boxed-bookshelf needs little more color. I think that is what the file folders did for her former office - added life and color. The pictures are hanging so high and large behind the candidates, you can't see who is on the wall, until they stand up. and it looks like they wait in the hall way as opposed the studio dancefloor.

Edited by sATL
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sATL said:

I hope they continue to decorate Kelli's office.. it was a little colorless looking to me. It kinda has a conference room look. I guess is the boxed-bookshelf needs little more color. I think that is what the file folders did for her former office - added life and color. The pictures are hanging so high and large behind the candidates, you can't see who is on the wall, until they stand up. and it looks like they wait in the hall way as opposed the studio dancefloor.

At the time of filming it was still sort of new, so I would think that by now it's pretty decorated or settled-in.

• Love 1

I wanted to like the alumni scene, but  couldn't. I prefer watching the vets work with the TCCs and giving feedback while dressed up in their practice uniforms rather than the alumnis sitting there all dolled up. I saw a deleted scene on FB of Mia talking to Brianna and I didn't see a difference from what she did and said that was different from Melissa R. 

Do the TCCs still pair up with a big sister? I would like to see that interaction.

Cassie said she wasn't one of the most perky and smiley cheerleader? Didn't they give Ann Lux grief over that?! 

• Love 4
On 8/27/2017 at 4:12 AM, dreamcatcher said:

All the others had quite useful tips, but all Cassie had to say is that it's ok not to have the best expressions,when each year at least one tcc is getting roasted for her expressions. She could have said something about having to have thick skin and that she had to endure so much criticism but nooo, she had to show us once again why we didn't want her on the team in the first place.

Maybe Whitney should have used this feedback last year when Kelli and Judy said she wasn't smiling enough and also had RBF. 

Instead of saying "You want me on this team" she could have said "I will be the girl who lays down the law.!  My face isn't bitchy, I'm just channeling Cassie!"

????

In all seriousness though, this piece of "advice" was terrible as no other candidate could get away with not smiling and being cheerful. Itreveals how privileged Cassie was to be Judy's daughter. She could get away with things that wouldn't fly for others. And even years later, it continues!  I can't even imagine another Alumni giving this advice ("Forget smiling, who cares what Kelli and Judy think about being a positive bright TCC!") - showing that Cassie is *still* benefitting from the comforts of being Judys daughter. 

Edited by Stee
  • Love 19

The studio building at Valley Ranch has always looked like a cinderblock bomb shelter to me. Ugly! It's located in the middle of a residential neighborhood. My husband saw it when he was in Dallas last year. He thinks whoever buys it will bulldoze it and build more houses on the land. 

I always thought it was funny that they showed a full moon outside on nights when K & J called girls into Kelli's office. I howl whenever I see it.?

Edited by ATLGirl
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2