Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Empty Your Bucket

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

4 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

So actual thoughts about this episode:

The Star looks awesome. Their studio looks small, but that may just be the angles.

Favorites in this episode: Rachel, Lauren, Kalyssa

Fave vets: Kash - she was adorable showing the girls the super bowl ring.

I think it's definitely the angles. There's quite a bit of the studio we don't see because of where the cameras are.

39 minutes ago, Beana8 said:

Random Thoughts:

I'm glad Cassie admitted that she wasn't the perkiest, smiley girl on the team.  I remember season 7 when they did the fashion show she looked salty and RBF the entire show.  I felt she went through the motions of some of the dances throughout her years on the team as well.  

I kind of feel like all the Alumni girls came across kinda snotty and very mean girl-ish in how they addressed the TCCs.  I love most of them on an individual basis, especially Mia and Ashton but The whole image of a DCC is being approachable.  They were very, "You can't sit with us".

Yeah I agree.

24 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Mia's valley girl accent was fall on the floor hilarious.  To me she was the best point ever!  The best triangle was her, Emma, and Jackie Bob.  So she can do no wrong in my eyes. and criticize til the cows come home.  Stumblelina and the comments about the tan were priceless, and spot on.  They had on mics, so it's not like they said it to to their faces.

Tina was fine too.  She was appropriate the whole time.

The sob stories need to stop!  I don't care about your friend, or your job.

Lol I love how Mia speaks. It seems like that was the first time alot of girls actually heard her talk and are surprised. Maybe it's just me, but I caught on to her "accent" a while back..it's cute for her.

Also..me neither.

13 minutes ago, sATL said:

that is a good point.. just exactly how was all of the fabulousness was financed... hmm

The Dallas Cowboys are the wealthiest football club. Their revenue is what finances everything. They have a major profit.

Edited by LadyMsJay
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, sATL said:

RE: Nurse Lauren - what is the process for getting into nursing school, where it takes multiple attempts?

I guess I thought when you apply for college you start in a pre-nursing-major pgm, in the college of Nursing or Arts/Sciences, take the courses they tell you (ie mostly science) and then somewhere, somehow, sometime after your 2nd year, you are considered a nursing major. I few nurses I knew in college never said that they  were trying " get in" - it was like they were already in. Did she start off as something else - like a business major?

Most nursing programs will wait to accept students until after the prerequisites in the first year.  They don't tell you always that we are accepting 400 students in but only have spots for 80 to go to clinical so some would have to be at least 4.0 students (not necessarily the most altruistic people).  Some nursing programs are upper division majors meaning they take all courses, electives etc in the first 2 years and only do nursing in the last 2 years.  As a long time nursing professor, not all schools are the right school for every student.  Some need more help and mentoring, some a slower or more accelerated program, and then of course, life steps in to often derail a student.  In the end, we all take the same licensing exam!

14 hours ago, sATL said:

so if you don't get into the pgm by your JR year of college, then what - 5+ years of undergrad ?

Yes some students keep on taking courses particularly at colleges where if you got a C+ in say anatomy, if you took it over and got a B, then the C+ would be erased.

• Love 2

Actually a huge portion of The Star was publicly subsidized via taxes and the local economic development corporation.  The exact figures and percentages have been reported differently over the years, but at last check the Cowboys weren't even the largest investor in the project, let alone the only ones.

there can be another argument about what type of economic returns it might have for the area. But The Star was not build with just Cowboys money, and it was not even close.

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, NMDD43 said:

Had to pause and get a shot of this-

Third pic from the left... is that Chelsea? How incredibly odd for her to be hanging in Kelli's office seeing as how her cut didn't appear to end on good terms and she ran her mouth on social media afterwards

Resized_20170825_140307.jpg

The brunettes in the middle are Katy and Alexandra 

• Love 1

I am really enjoy the editing this season the last two eps were really enjoyable , i watched the final ep twice and i think i might watch this ep again !! 

• Love 4

I have agreed with much of what all of you have talked about.  I know the actual team members I thought had alumni mentors once on the team (or maybe that is another team ?Kilgore?). What if the candidates had a mentor who might check in week 1, 3, 6,etc of training camp and really show they what power means.  You really need someone with more s****** moves like a regular cheerleader to pop the moves and I think saying you need more power doesn't seem to resonate with them.  Some just need some confidence etc.  Brianna is a darling but surprised that she herself did not take a variety of classes from tap to hip hop.  I think a year of a variety of classes and some maturing would help her immensely.

As to Jerry Jones, my guess is the perhaps those men drive the golf cart around for him in addition to being a body guard since he is a more seasoned person.  You would be surprised who needs bodyguards if they have money.  At my son's K-12 private school, there was a CEO's child (man was worth millions and then there were some shady things happen.  His 4 year old son had a body guard since he was at risk of being kidnapped).  

I am concerned with the alumni in that there is the perception that most comments were critical or was it edited that way?  Instead of just criticizing why not say here is what you need to do to be more successful.

4 minutes ago, mmm said:

I am really enjoy the editing this season the last two eps were really enjoyable , i watched the final ep twice and i think i might watch this ep again !! 

Me too.  I've feel less manipulated this season, except for the decisions regarding Lacey and Katelyn (not over it yet).

Everyone fell for the weight story line too.  If you look closely, when Kelli is putting the photos of Tasha and Stephanie on the board, they already have the stickers for WW and WP already on them.  So this was not new info to the girls or K and J.  Tasha may have an acting career, because I certainly believed that this was new info to her.

• Love 4

I don't think the Alumni's were too critical or bitchy or whatever . My only gripe with them is that they told K & J about some of the stuff that happened in the rehearsal before they are monitored all they shouldn't have to worry about the Alumni stitching on what they did wrong in private & extra rehearsal.  

Just now, hypeman said:

Everyone fell for the weight story line too.  If you look closely, when Kelli is putting the photos of Tasha and Stephanie on the board, they already have the stickers for WW and WP already on them.  So this was not new info to the girls or K and J.  Tasha may have an acting career, because I certainly believed that this was new info to her.

Yeah , i was surprised that K & J would not know what Stephannie's Car accident and Job situation.  

• Love 5
22 minutes ago, hypeman said:

they already have the stickers for WW and WP already on them.  So this was not new info to the girls or K and J.  Tasha may have an acting career, because I certainly believed that this was new info to her.

WW:  weight warning?

What's WP?

• Love 1

Tina Kalina kinda rollled in like a drunk aunt at a wedding.

Giggling and shimmying during the dances, bless her heart. 

They should kick Kelli Pickler off CMT and have the Tina show instead. (...or just dead air would be ok too)

• Love 17
2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I think it's definitely the angles. There's quite a bit of the studio we don't see because of where the cameras are.

Yeah I agree.

Lol I love how Mia speaks. It seems like that was the first time alot of girls actually heard her talk and are surprised. Maybe it's just me, but I caught on to her "accent" a while back..it's cute for her.

If you go back and re-watch Season 4, which is Mia's first season, she doesn't have that Valley Girl "accent."  She had just graduated high school the previous Friday and her voice is more mature sounding than it is now.  

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

If you go back and re-watch Season 4, which is Mia's first season, she doesn't have that Valley Girl "accent."  She had just graduated high school the previous Friday and her voice is more mature sounding than it is now.  

That voice affect was suuuuper annoying. 

ETA: I'm a Scorpio too 1104 :-)

Edited by Collette1104
  • Love 3

Kind of mean, I know, but Jerry Jones reminded me so much of Hugh Heffner, I was actually a little surprised when he walked in and it took a minute to realize it was actually Jerry Jones.

I am so over Brianna. She doesn't have the style and that's it. I don't need to see more of her. Come back in a year or two.

Erin is struggling and watching her stumble and stumble and stumble is painful.

Love Lauren, how can you not like her? 

I love seeing girls from other teams, especially Lexie this year. She has had an amazing time with the mavs, has tons of fans and is putting herself out there to try out something new where she might fail. Same with all the other girls from other teams, somehow you have to admire them...

I was not a fan of Tasha at first, but I beginning to really like her. She comes across as polished, humble, kind and genuine to me now. Before I thought she came across as plastic and kind of calculating. Funny what a difference a season can make in the way you see some of these girls! 

I like Cassie. She will always be someone who is discussed a lot and that's fine. I did like the idea of the alumni segment a lot, but somehow I didn't like the actual segments that much. Definitely agree with whoever said it came across like 'you can't sit with us'. 

Now that I think about it... it's kind of sad that the only time the vets  get any real screen time  is if they have gained weight. Seeing the rookies from the year before develop into vets is almost as interesting as seeing new rookie candidates come in. 

• Love 10

I'm not sure why Erin and Brianna were even invited into training camp.  They should be the first two to be booted.  There is no way the two of them can switch from lyrical to rock/country in 8 weeks.  They need another year of practice that is non lyrical.  Don't get me wrong, I think Erin is cute and Brianna is absolutely adorable, but neither are even close to DCC ready. 

I love Lauren and her Farrah hair, it needs a bit of length cut off, but otherwise I really enjoy watching her.

Kalyssa & Keyra were both awesome and will bring the necessary showmanship to the team. Gina is really cute, but didn't see enough of her performances.  

I like Tara and Savannah, I think Tara will make the team, but not confident that Savannah will make it as she seems a bit off talent wise compared to other rookies near her. 

Also like Madeline, Alexandria, and Miranda.  

I was not a fan of most of the alumni during the practice session.  However, I feel they brought a lot to the table during the meeting with K&J and the critiques during TC.  I thought Tina was great as she was encouraging as opposed to discouraging to the girls and looked like she was really having fun.  The other more recent alumni seemed to take the session very critically.  I was never a fan of Cassie, and she didn't not change my mind at all on this show.  

Okay question to the forum.  the back wall with the triangle cheerleader pics third panel from the left.  Jenna maybe?  Does she have a massive scar along the right side of her belly? 

Also, I'm not sure all of the fuss over Tasha and Stephanie weight as I saw a few other vet belly "jiggles" , including Holly and Jenna as they were dancing around.  You tell them at weigh in...uhm you've gained some weight, better lose it in the next few weeks or you're off the team.  No need to call them into the office on it.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, LynneH said:

Okay question to the forum.  the back wall with the triangle cheerleader pics third panel from the left.  Jenna maybe?  Does she have a massive scar along the right side of her belly? 

She had her appendix removed. 

3 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Didn't know she was another HS prodigy who made the DCC on her first try.

I really liked this ep! It's different than what we've seen in the past with the alumni coming in etc etc: Ashton still looks so damn gorgeous, Mia is a doll, I've always liked Audrea, I thought Cassie's hair color was really pretty and Sarah is still queen of the RBF??? ..plus, hellllllloooo, The Star•⭐•, wowza...Jerry Jones and all that jazz. I thought his little speech was sweet.

Rookies I'm diggin are Kalyssa, Alexandra, Keyra, Lauren, Madeleine and Lexie is just adorable

Christina bugs me less this season but maybe it's cause we see her less??, Celinda is still kinda meh to me and I like Brennan a lot more this year. 

I think Briana is gorgeous but she sticks out like a sore thumb in there, just seems very young and delicate. I think she could come back in a year or so and glam it up a smidge. 

As far as Vets go, I adore KaShara, Kelsey, Maggie, Robin, Maddie, Lacey, Jinelle and Holly is a friggin rockstar. I'd love to see her hair long just for the hell of it ? She's just the total package. KaShara too. She's my girl crush. Kelsey too. Love her hair. 

I never noticed how truly thin Amy was until this episode, dang! She's really little.

I think the girls are much more womanly and sexxxaayy this year than years past, yay! I'm excited to see this squad ???

• Love 3

I thought I would like Erin's look a whole lot more than I did.  The pictures we've seen of her before Training Camp showed a girl who was a lot prettier than she was when she was in motion and in motion is where it counts.  As it stands, I don't think she has the look they need quite yet and certainly doesn't seem to be where she needs to be dance wise.  I want to like her more than I do as she's certainly a striking girl, but just not doing it for me.

Brianna, I'd love to see more out of you.  You remind me of a scared mouse in the corner that's afraid to get noticed.  I liked the personality I saw in the office so why didn't I see that out on the dance floor?  I wonder if she has a hearing problem because there's something about the way she speaks sometimes (either in the enunciation or the tone of voice) that remind me of people who are hard of hearing (like Christina from season 2) where something is "mushy" or not quite said distinctly.  I don't know how to properly explain it.

Keyra's really turned it up for me.  She reminds me a bit of Jasmine in terms of the sparkle and spunk Jasmine has the first year out, but with better technique then Jasmine had.

I'm glad we got to see more of Stephanie because she's always been below the radar for me so it was really nice to not only see more of her but to hear her speak.  I wish she hadn't been called in for that particular reason.  Tasha seemed TOO rehearsed, but she's got the poise and the experience to hold it together in front of them.  There was a bit of snark there in the locker room, but nothing even close to the nuclear levels of Chelsea.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 4
8 minutes ago, grabalifevest said:

"During a typical 12-hour shift, Parker interacts with cardiac patients that require constant monitoring. Their conditions range from congestive heart failure and heart attacks, to aortic aneurysms."

So I guess, she works like a 6-6 and then goes to practice, which ends close to midnight , according to what Kelli said at orientation.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, sATL said:

"During a typical 12-hour shift, Parker interacts with cardiac patients that require constant monitoring. Their conditions range from congestive heart failure and heart attacks, to aortic aneurysms."

So I guess, she works like a 6-6 and then goes to practice, which ends close to midnight , according to what Kelli said at orientation.

I would think that going to practice after a day like that would actually be a great stress reliever.  I have a lot of respect for anyone in the health field.  I couldn't do it.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, kareika said:

They should kick Kelli Pickler off CMT and have the Tina show instead. (...or just dead air would be ok too)

She's a disgusting fat pig.  She is only invited because she's friends with Kelli -- you can tell from her commentary that she isn't very bright.

• Love 1

I'm surprised Erin got a spot in training camp because she doesn't have as Kelli has said about others in the past "an HD face" . I feel bad for saying that( as well as the Tina Kalina-Ms. Piggy comment I made earlier, not very nice of me ) but Erin just doesn't have the DCC look at all or the style. 

Brianna reminds me of Natasha on the show Sex and The City. I laughed when Kelli said she wanted to start a modeling agency for her, girl is gorgeous! I hope she works on the style and matures a little and comes back stronger and rocks it! 

Im guessing I'm in the minority here but I love Tasha ❤️

Mia is so so pretty but I too noticed her voice sounds so different than what I remembered . Weird, girl just be yourself. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, kareika said:

After reading this, I rewatched the alumni parts and now I can't stop laughing every time I see Tina! 

• Love 8
On 8/24/2017 at 11:18 PM, dbell1 said:

I take back everything I said about Lauren and her hair. I want her to be my new BFF. She's adorable.

I'm over NJ Brianna. Mannequins are pretty too, but they move better. 

Hi alumni. Oh, it's Cassie, bye alumni. 

I love Kelli's new office, but I do miss the monitor and pile of folders. They must have spent money and bought her a filing cabinet. 

I know I miss the Kelli folders too!  How can we snoop now?  Does anyone know what the different color stickers on the dancers' pictures mean? Some of the deep sleuth analysts on this board need to get to work!  :)

• Love 4
On 8/24/2017 at 11:24 PM, Dallasgirl2004 said:

I like the new locker room!!  Hopefully other teams will step up and give their cheerleaders better locker rooms too.  Gosh such a difference from the old locker room!  I remember the old locker rooms from their old stadium!  the girls had to share like 8 outlets or something?!  I'm glad they got a cool upgrade!   No matter what, I think we can all agree they work their butts off and deserve the new studio and lockers.

Love the locker room.  They deserve it. I am glad they showed in the accomodations how valued the cheerleaders are... thank you jerry, charlotte, and whoever else was integral in making that happen.  

• Love 5
On 8/24/2017 at 11:42 PM, MyFavShows said:

I will say again how much I loved the alumni segment w/ K&J where they talked about the girls and why they were going to call them in before they called them in.  That discussion was so interesting and I hope they do it each week so we know what they are thinking each time - what would he really cool is if we actually get to see them decide to keep or cut someone in one of those candid meetings and know their reasoning. 

Yes, and although they said Melissa was back this season we really have not seen her.  I never had issue with her segments, but I am prob in minority on that one.  I did like the vets coming in and making comments and talking about standards.  I thought the comments about one girl being tight up top and the other girl who keeps falling (Erin?) and how she needs to change weight in balls of her feet were meaningful comments where at last a dancer has a chance to make a correction.

On 8/25/2017 at 1:23 AM, sATL said:

RE: Nurse Lauren - what is the process for getting into nursing school, where it takes multiple attempts?

I guess I thought when you apply for college you start in a pre-nursing-major pgm, in the college of Nursing or Arts/Sciences, take the courses they tell you (ie mostly science) and then somewhere, somehow, sometime after your 2nd year, you are considered a nursing major. I few nurses I knew in college never said that they  were trying " get in" - it was like they were already in. Did she start off as something else - like a business major?

Now that nursing actually pays well, nursing school is extremely competitive.  I had a girlfriend it took her two times to get in and she took classes in science as an audit to help her get the slot.  I really like her by the way even though she is short.  I feel like the whole team is trending shorter these days

• Love 1

I am sorry, but I am still cheering for Brianna.  I know she needs power and projection, but I just love her look and personality.  I can see why Kelli wants to keep her longer.  If they cut her I hope they hold on to her until the end so she has as many shots as Alexandra? (the tall African American former season, sorry bad w names) and can come back next year killing it.  I also think she could get it if they put her with Lacey?(maybe it is Lexie?  the girl that kicked herself in the head a few seasons back her kicks are so strong) and Jinelle.  She needs tall vets to show her because she is going to really need to get down low and punch it and it is not really that natural a feeling.

3 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Those white name place-cards on the top of their chairs. Huh? Surely they could have done better than that. 

I was thinking this too!  I think light adhesive labels on the chair backs would be better.

16 hours ago, Pickles said:

Never a fan of Cassie. I thought she seemed like a mean girl when she was a DCC. I know she can't help how she looks, but I never found her attractive with no upper lip, big teeth, long fce. Don't mean to be critical, but she was never pretty enough to be a DCC. Just my opinion. Maybe she is nicer and happier now that she is a mom.

I agree.  I feel like they finally got rid of the intros and posters that still had her in them despite her retirement and now she comes back in person.  Ugh.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Keyra's really turned it up for me.  She reminds me a bit of Jasmine in terms of the sparkle and spunk Jasmine has the first year out, but with better technique then Jasmine had.

Yes, I really like what they showed of Keyra.  They didn't give her a ton of camera time though, which is a good sign that she might make the team! :)

• Love 5
14 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

According to the DCC website page, Stephanie is an Accounts Payable Administrator. I do not know if this was the job she had when she was laid off, or if it is a new job.

I come from bookeeping background and if that was her former position/skills she will have no problem finding another position. 

• Love 1
12 hours ago, hypeman said:

Thanks for explanation.  I asked and then found you already posted about the stickers.  

The alumnae gave very good feedback to the rookies. I really liked that their critiques were much more specific than some of the things we often hear Kelli and Judy say. I think part of the problem is that K&J have certain phrases they use in critiques that they fall back on, so it was nice to hear the alumnae give feedback using different words. I was trying to figure out why the rookie/alumnae thing took place at a dance studio instead of at The Star.

Tonight was the first time where I could really see Cassie's face turning into Judy's. When she was on the team, they looked related but in this episode there was a moment where Cassie made a face and looked exactly like Judy! I had to laugh at Cassie saying that she wasn't a smiley cheerleader but she was great at yelling at people. Translation: "I wasn't not very good at what an NFL cheerleader is supposed to do but they put me in charge anyway."

I'm glad that they didn't cut anyone. It seems pointless to bring someone into training camp and then cut them the first week. If you're going to give them a chance by putting them in training camp, then give them more than a week to get settled in and adjust.

I do not know what Judy and Kelli see in tall Brianna. Yes, she's tall but that's about it. I don't think she's unattractive or anything, but when Kelli says things like she wants to open a modeling agency because Brianna is so beautiful, I'm like uhhhh, what? To me Brianna is generically pretty, like any girl you'd see at the mall or on a college campus. On top of that, she comes off as very reserved. Her dancing is drab to me. If not for her height, she would fade into the background completely when she's dancing with the other girls. She really needs to learn how to look like she's having fun and she needs to make her movements sharper. I don't think that she or Erin will be able to adapt to the sharper/stronger style needed for DCC routines by the end of training camp, but of the two of them, Brianna has a much better chance of actually making the team. When Kelli decides that she is absolutely in LOVE with a TCC's look, she wil bend over backwards to let them onto the team (see also: Megan Flaherty who she loved because of her passing resemblance to Julia Roberts).

On 8/24/2017 at 7:14 PM, HowdeeDo said:

I love that they're actually acknowledging the other NFL teams girls are coming from, usually they just pass over it or show a photo or two.

It cracked me up that Kelli only acknowledged it so that she would basically ask them, "Weren't your locker rooms totally shitty compared to our brand new locker room?" Meow!

On 8/24/2017 at 8:18 PM, dbell1 said:

I love Kelli's new office, but I do miss the monitor and pile of folders. They must have spent money and bought her a filing cabinet. 

I know this sounds crazy, but I am going to miss reading the different labels on the file folders in the rack behind her whenever she talks to the girls in her office.

On 8/24/2017 at 9:06 PM, MyFavShows said:

Cassie, well, let's just say being on the alumni panel is yet another perk that she got only cause she's Judy's daughter.  It was really annoying hearing her say that someone better shape up or they'll be gone - like she ever had to worry about being gone for anything her entire DCC career in spite of not being very good at all her first 2-3 years.

And having a horrible audition her last year. Anyone else who danced like that at auditions would have been cut.

On 8/24/2017 at 9:48 PM, sATL said:

the DCC really needs to up the audition age, for what they expect the cheerleaders to do .Taking some young ladies from the HS world, some before they even graduate, or get some life & adult dance experience  is a little too soon. Let the other NFL/NBA/college clubs take them for a year.

I disagree. Some girls are very mature at 18 and can handle it. Others can't. There's no reason to take away the opportunity to audition from all 18 year olds just because some of them are immature (in attitude or dance). No one is forcing K&J to take the younger girls who aren't ready for training camp.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Had to pause and get a shot of this-

Third pic from the left... is that Chelsea? How incredibly odd for her to be hanging in Kelli's office seeing as how her cut didn't appear to end on good terms and she ran her mouth on social media afterwards

Resized_20170825_140307.jpg

Ugh SCHRAM COME BACK.

I have to say, I don't see how this is the most beautiful rookie class they've ever had. Yes they are all generically pretty BUT they don't have the absolute stunning girls they used to have (like Schram, Abigail, Kinzie, Whitney etc). AND I've noticed that not even half of them could actually hold a conversation without sounding irritating. Alexandria speaks well, Lauren too and she shows a lot of personality... Rachel is a doll but god she needs speaking classes. Savannah has the same teeth issues with Heather H. And Tara? Her blonde friend is pretty but looks super delicate and not in a good sense. Kalyssa lacks technique and it shows but she does have a lot of power. She really needs a haircut but I doubt they would do that.

I loved seeing the vets because the difference is astonishing! 

What I don't understand about weight warnings is that they have weekly weight ins. They should get the warning when they get 3-4 pounds just to make sure they won't let themselves go completely. It's much more manageable. Why let them gain more than 8 pounds to say something? Plus I'm sorry, but they're trying to act like they want the girls to be healthy, but a woman who is doing 6 hours of cardio each day and still gains weight won't be able to lose it in a healthy way in just one month. Aaand Tasha looked SO much better now. Her shot of her rookie year solo was creepy, she looked like a skeleton compared to the sexy body she has now. I don't want her to go back to that, 2-3 pounds at most and she will be fine.

Last thing: I totally saw why they are so in love with Brianna. She could be a model. She needs 1-2 years to really find her confidence and power.

• Love 2
26 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I'm sorry, but they're trying to act like they want the girls to be healthy, but a woman who is doing 6 hours of cardio each day and still gains weight won't be able to lose it in a healthy way in just one month.

This.

• Love 8