Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Empty Your Bucket

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

I really thought they should have cut Briana last night.  There is no way this girl is ever going to catch on.  She does not look the part of a DCC.  It's hard to imagine the makeover to fix that.  She has the wrong dance training and if she starts listening to rock or country 24-7, it's still not going to happen.  We got this girl over Katelyn who if you just cut her hair and toned down that godawful black hair and soften her makeup would be a shoo in.  

Tasha.........10 pounds.  You had to notice.  I thought their contract talks about 2-3 pounds over their audition weight.  I always thought that was harsh for the ones who start at 18 but Tasha was a grown woman.  Anyway, never a fan of Tasha.  I believe they love the "mom" story and she's pretty (too pink for me) but others consider her pretty.  

I felt sorry for Stephanie.  Don't they ever hug these girls.  She knows she needs to lose weight but be nice.

I wish the vets would have given specifics instead of the" needs details."  Kick off your heels and demonstrate what do you mean by "details."  ( I remember Melissa R. teaching a male talk show host sexy hips while she was wearing heels.)  That being said, I could not imagine Tina trying to demonstrate anything.  I get she's Kelli's best friend but since she's downright mean and looks terrible probably not the best choice to bring in.  I will take Cassie over her any day.  

I don't mind Sarah because I know she's helped with a lot of solos and has the credentials to back up her comments.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

I really thought they should have cut Briana last night.  There is no way this girl is ever going to catch on.  She does not look the part of a DCC.  It's hard to imagine the makeover to fix that.  She has the wrong dance training and if she starts listening to rock or country 24-7, it's still not going to happen.  We got this girl over Katelyn who if you just cut her hair and toned down that godawful black hair and soften her makeup would be a shoo in.  

Tasha.........10 pounds.  You had to notice.  I thought their contract talks about 2-3 pounds over their audition weight.  I always thought that was harsh for the ones who start at 18 but Tasha was a grown woman.  Anyway, never a fan of Tasha.  I believe they love the "mom" story and she's pretty (too pink for me) but others consider her pretty.  

I felt sorry for Stephanie.  Don't they ever hug these girls.  She knows she needs to lose weight but be nice.

I wish the vets would have given specifics instead of the" needs details."  Kick off your heels and demonstrate what do you mean by "details."  ( I remember Melissa R. teaching a male talk show host sexy hips while she was wearing heels.)  That being said, I could not imagine Tina trying to demonstrate anything.  I get she's Kelli's best friend but since she's downright mean and looks terrible probably not the best choice to bring in.  I will take Cassie over her any day.  

I don't mind Sarah because I know she's helped with a lot of solos and has the credentials to back up her comments.

I am glad someone else thinks the same way about Tasha. Why is she still on the team? I wanted to reach through my computer and smack her for the way she was talking during the Jerry Jones segment. Get over yourself honey! I get the Chelsea from Season 8 when she was called into the office the first time about her weight feeling with her. Talk about the need to get out the shovel and boots and start digging.

1 hour ago, veronicamers said:

Jerry's speech reminded me of this book my kids got when they "graduated" from pre-school:

Can someone remind me what a take home girl is? 

That's a TCC that doesn't get the choreography right away.  I think Shelly said every girl gets a video of the "new" moves so they can take them home and practice if they didn't get it right away.

• Love 1

Sooooo... I like Cassie. I like that she breaks the typical mold and sticks to her personality. She never bothered me on the team. 

I do not like Breanna. I don't see any of the appeal. Looks wise or dance wise. 

Love Ashton, glad she went back dark the blonde wasn't my favorite. I think she had normal critiques that performers get a lot. The worry is if they can't get nit picky critiques because there is too much to fix.

I like Savannahs hair color but not on her. 

No.... More.... Sob..... Stories

Rookie Madeline is too similar to Vet Madeline. I don't see her sticking around for that reason and they have already highlighted her mistakes.

Erin.... bless her heart

• Love 3

Also- does anyone else feel like these girls need less makeovers as the years have gone on?  

Yes, I was totally going to say that!!  It feels like its been years since there were multiple dramatic make overs a la Jordyn Ketchum and Karissa.  I think girls are more attuned nowadays to knowing how they should look and show up with the look already.  Brianna is an exception - she doesn't look "instagram-ready" but she really looks like a supermodel so she gets a pass!

I'm with Kelli in thinking Brianna is super adorable.  I don't think she is going to make it though.  Maybe next year.  Maybe Kelli can hook her up with some modeling gigs this  year lol.

I like Lauren and the Jets girls. I am so jealous of Savannah's hair!!  Seems like they really do have many strong rookies this year.

The alumni panel was fun.  Sarah I and Ashton seem to have the most helpful and relevant critiques.  Mia's vocal fry killed me.

I thought Tasha and Stephanie handled their meetings well.  Poor Stephanie with the car accident and the job issues! Does anyone know what field she works in?

I agree.  I mean, I'm really sorry that the one friend was paralyzed and the poor Nurse Lauren patient passed away but these stories seem kind of out of place and awkward and not relevant to the subject matter.

Edited by iloveit
  • Love 6

I believe part of the reason Katelyn did not get in is she is too 

39 minutes ago, pizzaislife said:

Sooooo... I like Cassie. I like that she breaks the typical mold and sticks to her personality. She never bothered me on the team. 

I do not like Breanna. I don't see any of the appeal. Looks wise or dance wise. 

Love Ashton, glad she went back dark the blonde wasn't my favorite. I think she had normal critiques that performers get a lot. The worry is if they can't get nit picky critiques because there is too much to fix.

I like Savannahs hair color but not on her. 

Rookie Madeline is too similar to Vet Madeline. I don't see her sticking around for that reason and they have already highlighted her mistakes.

Erin.... bless her heart

I believe that is part of the reason Katelyn didn't get into TC, she looks so much like Cersten to me that it may have worked against her.

Don't get the Brianna love either.  I'm not a trained dancer, but if you want to sell her to me, you have to do better. She's rather plain looking to me but maybe it's her lack of confidence that's showing up.  She looks like a little girl. Don't see the power or the skills to back up what you're saying.  She's so timid and seems so out of place. In my eyes, she's nowhere near ready. Better talk with Maddie to show you how to transform yourself into the DCC comeback girl. 

• Love 2

Didn't they end their partnership with Belk? 

Briana looks SO young and just doesn't have the DCC look at this point. Maybe in a couple of years? She is not powerful either. Too soft. She is cute, but I don't see what Kelli is having spasms over.

Never a fan of Cassie. I thought she seemed like a mean girl when she was a DCC. I know she can't help how she looks, but I never found her attractive with no upper lip, big teeth, long face. Don't mean to be critical, but she was never pretty enough to be a DCC. Just my opinion. Maybe she is nicer and happier now that she is a mom.

• Love 6

Brianna is beautiful, very young, so sweet, and surprisingly unspoiled for a modern teenager.  She has an innocent charm that makes one really pull for her.

Tasha is what people used to refer to in the old days as a real lady.  She is exceedingly polite and takes her criticism so positively and with a humility that, much like Brianna, makes her very endearing.  

Wait, what?!?  Stephanie was laid off her job?  Kelli and Judy should have given her a big hug for comfort.

The former DCCs unfortunately came across as the ultimate mean girls club.  I am certain they are all very nice women IRL, but unlike the TCCs and current DCCs, there is absolutely no humility in that bunch.  And I had never heard Mia speak, but (no offense to her) she brought to mind my middle school clique nightmares.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 5

So actual thoughts about this episode:

The Star looks awesome. Their studio looks small, but that may just be the angles.

Favorites in this episode: Rachel, Lauren, Kalyssa

Fave vets: Kash - she was adorable showing the girls the super bowl ring.

2 hours ago, veronicamers said:

Can someone remind me what a take home girl is? 

A Take Home Girl means they have a hard time picking up the choreography the first night and need to practice it at home to get it properly memorized. It's not necessarily a bad thing unless you keep making mistakes due to bad memory. 

6 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

belk dress.jpg

Is the model a past or present TCC, or DCC or did someone have on this dress? The dress is cute - it's nice to see a dress with sleeves, as for some reason they are hard to find.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, M1977G said:

What is Stephanie's Instagram handle? I tried searching for her by "dcc Stephanie" and related such things but couldn't find her. Thanks! 

Stephlarson99, they don't have official Instagram, Justin personal so DCC doesn't show up if used usually. 

11 hours ago, PixieDust said:

Agree that Brianna is way overwhelmed here. However she is giving me young Liv Tyler vibes. 

Yes!!!!

She is gorgeous in such a fresh way but she just has zero pop dancing. 

• Love 6
2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

The editors seriously love Holly, so many glances of her lol

I love her too. She is just so damn good. Always impressed that she came on at 18 and was amazing from Day one. 

• Love 3

Brianna - on my team I was also the "small" little innocent one (just started really using make up and so on) but you have never seen me cry, it sounds harsh but save the tears for your pillow and put on a brave face for rehearsal.

1 minute ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Just curious how Lauren can manage to be a full time nurse and manage a demanding DCC schedule.  

Collin was a nurse years back.  I believe there have been others.  You really have to admire her for her dedication.  She's very cute although the eyes are a bit bulging.  I really like her.  

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Annmarie1111 said:

Just curious how Lauren can manage to be a full time nurse and manage a demanding DCC schedule.  

15 minutes ago, Lexusprincess said:

Collin was a nurse years back.  I believe there have been others.  You really have to admire her for her dedication.  She's very cute although the eyes are a bit bulging.  I really like her.  

this might be outdated info, from when my mom and two other friends was/are a nurse,  nurses in hospitals worked weekends, nights, holidays It depended upon the schedule , specialty, senority and case load. Has that changed?

Collin worked in a dental (I think that what it was) office, even though many dentists are now open 1/2 a-day on Saturdays. If Lauren is a cardiac nurse, that implies hospital, right? She doesn't look old enough for seniority to get out off after hours or weekend duty. But I too admire how she manages to make it work.

Edited by sATL
1 minute ago, woodscommaelle said:

I thought you had to be done with high school to try out.  No?

yes. some have missed their HS graduation due to tryouts. So for those, just a month or so prior, they were still doing HS routines/competitions/schedule (ie not rehearsing from 7-midnight), etc

The whole problem with Brianna is she does not have the maturity to handle the pressure. I think that is why she is so emotional. To me, with her fluid dancing, she would do great with contemporary or even ballet. I do not believe DCC style is a fit for her or her personality. Either she needs to jazz it up or home home. A shot of espresso and a kick in the pants from Kitty might be good for starters.

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, sATL said:

She doesn't look old enough for seniority to get out off after hours or weekend duty. But I too admire how she manages to make it work.

I think DCC are basically local royalty, and if they try out, their jobs are usually very flexible for them. Not sure a hospital would care one iota, but it's possible they work with her and probable that she is part time. 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, sATL said:

this might be outdated info, from when my mom and two other friends was/are a nurse,  nurses in hospitals worked weekends, nights, holidays It depended upon the schedule , specialty, senority and case load. Has that changed?

Collin worked in a dental (I think that what it was) office, even though many dentists are now open 1/2 on Saturday. If Lauren is a cardiac nurse, that implies hospital, right? She doesn't look old enough for seniority to get out off after hours or weekend duty. But I too admire how she manages to make it work.

I work in a large trauma center (open 24/7) in Med records. We have to work every 4th weekend and holidays along with other support staff (cleaning, transport, food service) . The full time nurses work a 7/70 schedule (7 days on/7 days off, 10 hrs a day). This way everyone HAS to work a weekend and holidays. Not sure about PT or Float nurses.  Collin worked with Jackie Bob in a plastic surgeon's office. It was Victoria who was a dental assistant or hygienist (sp?) in a dental office.

Brianna looks like plain version of Kendall Jenner to me.  Erin is plain looking too.  Maybe they'll give her a makeover but she doesn't have the DCC IMO. I don't remember her or rookie Madeline from the first 2 episodes: were they even featured? Are Lauren, Alexandra, Tara and Savanna the only TCCs from other NFL teams?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, pizzaislife said:

No.... More.... Sob ..... Stories

I'd so rather see profiles of how ladies from previous seasons are doing.  Show us the rookie year footage of Madeline or Jenna and compare to how she looks and dances now. Show us how awesome those ladies are!!!

Edited by Collette1104
Weird formatting
  • Love 10

As a nurse myself  I am pulling for Lauren. She has to work a job with shorter hours. Most hospitals work 12 hr shifts and you hardly every get off when your shift is over if it's a busy day or a patient goes bad. It looked like she works on a cardiac unit in a hospital so maybe she is lucky enough I have an 8 hour job. She is my fav rookie candidate so far! 

I don't get why they brought Brianna into training camp. I wish they would have given Katelyn or Lacey her spot. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, iloveit said:

Yes, I was totally going to say that!!  It feels like its been years since there were multiple dramatic make overs a la Jordyn Ketchum and Karissa.  I think girls are more attuned nowadays to knowing how they should look and show up with the look already.  Brianna is an exception - she doesn't look "instagram-ready" but she really looks like a supermodel so she gets a pass!

I'm with Kelli in thinking Brianna is super adorable.  I don't think she is going to make it though.  Maybe next year.  Maybe Kelli can hook her up with some modeling gigs this  year lol.

I like Lauren and the Jets girls. I am so jealous of Savannah's hair!!  Seems like they really do have many strong rookies this year.

The alumni panel was fun.  Sarah I and Ashton seem to have the most helpful and relevant critiques.  Mia's vocal fry killed me.

I thought Tasha and Stephanie handled their meetings well.  Poor Stephanie with the car accident and the job issues! Does anyone know what field she works in?

I agree.  I mean, I'm really sorry that the one friend was paralyzed and the poor Nurse Lauren patient passed away but these stories seem kind of out of place and awkward and not relevant to the subject matter.

Used to be able to see their bios on the Cowboys website...

31 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

I forgot how unattractive Cassie is and her personality does not help.  She really does not have an upper lip but I will (grudgingly) give her a pass on that because if she got lip filler people would hate her for that too. 

She really has no lips. As long as she doesn't end up looking like a blow up doll, I think fillers would be fine on her or at least a decent plumping lip gloss. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, iloveit said:

http://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/roster/stephanie

5 minutes ago, cvogue said:

Used to be able to see their bios on the Cowboys website...

According to the DCC website page, Stephanie is an Accounts Payable Administrator. I do not know if this was the job she had when she was laid off, or if it is a new job.

1 hour ago, Annmarie1111 said:

That was my question too but I guess it depends on the type of nurse that she is. I can't imagine that she's an RN in a major hospital. If she is, I respect her work ethic, but that seems risky.....for her patients. 

• Love 1

I have some overall notes on the ep 

I like the star a lot more than valley ranch 

I know jerry jones have had a lot of shady moments in his past but i actually really loved his speech , it was powerful and emotional 

Other teams have quater of the budget for the cheer teams that the cowboys spend on DCC , kelli has to know that it. she didn’t have to rub it in 

Former DCC Sarah & Ashton stood out above the rest of Alumni it showed that they know what they are talking about dance wise unlike the others , They  gave useful critics  and didn’t just recycle the cliches that K & J say over the years 

SOMEONE GET CASSIE OFF MY TV SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!

I thought Tina Kilna was fun and supportive , she must a fun mom or aunt or something 

I feel so bad for Stephannie , she’s always been one of my fave   

• Love 5
20 minutes ago, mmm said:

Other teams have quater of the budget for the cheer teams that the cowboys spend on DCC , kelli has to know that it. she didn’t have to rub it in 

That was super petty of Kelli to point out

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

That was my question too but I guess it depends on the type of nurse that she is. I can't imagine that she's an RN in a major hospital. If she is, I respect her work ethic, but that seems risky.....for her patients. 

I have nothing else on my DVR to watch while I fold laundry and my kid naps, so I watched it again and Lauren says she WAS a cardiac nurse, when she cheered for the dolphins. Now she says that her floor at the hospital overlooks the stadium, but not what kind of nursing she does now. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, woodscommaelle said:

Maybe I'm in a mood (I am!) but I thought The Star was tacky as shit.  An embarrassment of riches.  All those mirror windows.  Tacky.  Thought the same about the locker room. 

Well, when it's someone else (ie the taxpayers) paying, the sky's the limit!

• Love 5

Random Thoughts:

I'm glad Cassie admitted that she wasn't the perkiest, smiley girl on the team.  I remember season 7 when they did the fashion show she looked salty and RBF the entire show.  I felt she went through the motions of some of the dances throughout her years on the team as well.  

I kind of feel like all the Alumni girls came across kinda snotty and very mean girl-ish in how they addressed the TCCs.  I love most of them on an individual basis, especially Mia and Ashton but The whole image of a DCC is being approachable.  They were very, "You can't sit with us".

• Love 6
1 minute ago, Beana8 said:

Random Thoughts:

I'm glad Cassie admitted that she wasn't the perkiest, smiley girl on the team.  I remember season 7 when they did the fashion show she looked salty and RBF the entire show.  I felt she went through the motions of some of the dances throughout her years on the team as well.  

I kind of feel like all the Alumni girls came across kinda snotty and very mean girl-ish in how they addressed the TCCs.  I love most of them on an individual basis, especially Mia and Ashton but The whole image of a DCC is being approachable.  They were very, "You can't sit with us".

The alumni was asked to sit in and give their honest opinions.  That's what they did.  We're talking over 30 years of experience here combined - most of them were 5 year vets.  They know the expectations, the standards, what will get a girl sent home and what will keep her around.  I enjoyed seeing them again and hope to see more of them, or other vets, in the future.

• Love 11

I rewatched the parts with the alumni, after all the complaints on here, and didn't find one objectionable thing.  They gave praises and criticism where deserved.   All of those women have EXPERIENCE and I think were able confirm what K and J already thought and possibly give new insights.

Mia's valley girl accent was fall on the floor hilarious.  To me she was the best point ever!  The best triangle was her, Emma, and Jackie Bob.  So she can do no wrong in my eyes. and criticize til the cows come home.  Stumblelina and the comments about the tan were priceless, and spot on.  They had on mics, so it's not like they said it to to their faces.

Tina was fine too.  She was appropriate the whole time.

One of the complaints I constantly hear, is how K gets her favorites and they can do no wrong, and how Judy gives vague critiques.  We finally get some experienced folks to give detailed, direct critiques and suddenly they are mean.  I fail to understand.

This show is heavily edited.  They took a session that lasted a couple of hours and condensed it to 5 minutes.  I, for one, and happy for their input.

The sob stories need to stop!  I don't care about your friend, or your job.

Kalyssa and Lauren are losing me.  Strictly on the basis of their dancing.  I hope they improve.

Erin and Briana, can you clean out your locker already.  I think they are both goners next week.

• Love 11

Had to pause and get a shot of this-

Third pic from the left... is that Chelsea? How incredibly odd for her to be hanging in Kelli's office seeing as how her cut didn't appear to end on good terms and she ran her mouth on social media afterwards

Resized_20170825_140307.jpg

48 minutes ago, Pink-n-Green said:

Well, when it's someone else (ie the taxpayers) paying, the sky's the limit!

that is a good point.. just exactly how was all of the fabulousness was financed... hmm