Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E04: Empty Your Bucket

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

24 minutes ago, hypeman said:

Initially, I was not a fan of Ally's either, because I didn't think she had the DCC look.  I think she gets a bum deal for that scene.  I feel like Taylor talked some stuff to someone who told her group leader and it took a life from there.  I honestly feel she was just trying not to leave Cassie out there, especially because she agreed with her.  Mia was just like, "please Lord.  Can we just judge people on their dance ability?"

However, when Ally put that uniform on she looked great, and danced her ass off.  I really try to make my faves girls who actually are "World Class" based on their dancing.

To quote Beyonce, and I never miss a chance to quote her:  "I talk like shit, but I can back it up!" (From her song Ego.)

Basically, even if she was/is a shit stirrer, she backed it up with her dance ability.  This is a dance team after all.

I mostly felt that way about Ally, but I also feel like she was way too eager to answer Kelli when that little blonde veteran was getting kicked off the squad too and that kinda sealed it for me. It was something about her running back to add an additional answer that didn't sit well with me. We all knew where it was headed already. I would have rather had her than Sarah G or Tina but I don't think the forums would have been able to handle another Cassie/Ally scene lol 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

Ally is just not attractive. She would never make the team now.  Not ready for HD.  

Ally's body was IMO the ideal DCC body.  Curvy, but toned, not emaciated, with breasts and a booty.  And not muscular.  

The squads she was on were much prettier than recent squads, and most definitely this current squad.  I just put one squad photo up (I'm lazy).  It was the first one that came up in google.

If Gina, Maddie, Kellie, little Heather, Mandy, and Keyra (some of those are favorites of mine, but they aren't stunners IMO) are HD ready, then Ally is ready for her close up.

ally.jpg

dcc_2010.jpg

• Love 2
1 hour ago, hypeman said:

Ally's body was IMO the ideal DCC body.  Curvy, but toned, not emaciated, with breasts and a booty.  And not muscular.  

The squads she was on were much prettier than recent squads, and most definitely this current squad.  I just put one squad photo up (I'm lazy).  It was the first one that came up in google.

If Gina, Maddie, Kellie, little Heather, Mandy, and Keyra (some of those are favorites of mine, but they aren't stunners IMO) are HD ready, then Ally is ready for her close up.

ally.jpg

dcc_2010.jpg

Yeah - LOTS of pretty girls on that squad.  Cassie sticks out just as much as Ally for not having the DCC look in that photo to me...

Ashton is so pretty. 

Ally and Cassie calling out TCC Taylor was the worst - Ally just seems so mean, I would be praying to not have to be in her group if I was on the squad w/ her.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, h2ogirl said:

Eh, to each their own.  :)  

her face is not pleasing to look at. That's all I'm saying. 

I'm not arguing that point.  That was the source of my initial skepticism.  Especially, without that HD screen, that body and her dancing more than makes up for not being the prettiest.

There are a lot of girls on the current squad, and last year's squad, that are not HD ready IMO.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, hypeman said:

I'm not arguing that point.  That was the source of my initial skepticism.  Especially, without that HD screen, that body and her dancing more than makes up for not being the prettiest.

There are a lot of girls on the current squad, and last year's squad, that are not HD ready IMO.

Yeah, Ally could dance and she was average looking IMO. Even with the big HD screen, some of the current teams would welcome someone with her dancing ability, mean girl tendencies aside IMO. Taking pretty girls who are average dancers (at best) is more problematic to me.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I mostly felt that way about Ally, but I also feel like she was way too eager to answer Kelli when that little blonde veteran was getting kicked off the squad too and that kinda sealed it for me. It was something about her running back to add an additional answer that didn't sit well with me. We all knew where it was headed already. I would have rather had her than Sarah G or Tina but I don't think the forums would have been able to handle another Cassie/Ally scene lol 

Hmm. I always just thought she was answering the question..nothing underhanded or extra. 

7 hours ago, hypeman said:

Stephanie is the first one that comes to mind to me. Everyone else (with the exception of Madeline) is ok to me.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, hypeman said:

Initially, I was not a fan of Ally's either, because I didn't think she had the DCC look.  I think she gets a bum deal for that scene.  I feel like Taylor talked some stuff to someone who told her group leader and it took a life from there.  I honestly feel she was just trying not to leave Cassie out there, especially because she agreed with her.  Mia was just like, "please Lord.  Can we just judge people on their dance ability?"

However, when Ally put that uniform on she looked great, and danced her ass off.  I really try to make my faves girls who actually are "World Class" based on their dancing.

To quote Beyonce, and I never miss a chance to quote her:  "I talk like shit, but I can back it up!" (From her song Ego.)

Basically, even if she was/is a shit stirrer, she backed it up with her dance ability.  This is a dance team after all.

Honestly? World class to me means that she has the whole package. Ally doesn't have the face or the personality, so she shouldn't be talking shit at all.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

Hmm. I always just thought she was answering the question..nothing underhanded or extra.

Same. I don't remember how I felt the first time I watched that season, but upon rewatch, I couldn't stand Taylor and didn't blame them for calling out her behavior. We don't normally see that stuff happen on camera, but I'm willing to bet it happens more than we see. 

I think Taylor was a cute girl with potential, and that bought her more time than it should have. She probably would have been another Chelsea Chaney had she made the squad. 

All that said, I think Allie is pretty. She has a unique look but I think she's more conventionally attractive than Madaleine, Allie, Little Heather, etc. I don't think I would have gone out of my way to be besties based on what we were shown, but I like her look. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dreamcatcher said:

Honestly? World class to me means that she has the whole package. Ally doesn't have the face or the personality, so she shouldn't be talking shit at all.

I don't want to be mean but she also doesn't have the hair!   Her hair was always terrible!!!  

Ally is a good example of giving the Vets makeovers because her hair looked worse and worse as she got older, and you'd think she would have mastered some sort of hairstyle by the time she was a 5th year vet!

Edited by Stee
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Stee said:

I don't want to be mean but she also doesn't have the hair!   Her hair was always terrible!!!  

Ally is a good example of giving the Vets makeovers because her hair looked worse and worse as she got older, and you'd think she would have mastered some sort of hairstyle by the time she was a 5th year vet!

Nicole Hamilton's weave was bad too, but they definitely stepped it up in recent years.

I wasn't a fan of Jasmine's either.

I think the only weaves that looked good were Jackie's, Jacie's and Mias.

• Love 1

I don't remember all of the names you guys are mentioning, so I've been googling to see, and I came across this:

0914a1e3e495d4e1b33905db3edbe7c4.jpg

maybe the horrible DCC curled hair is what doesn't suit poor Cassie.  I remember really really really disliking her when she would appear on the show, mostly because I thought her attitude sucked and her dancing was mediocre compared to how HARD K&J were to the girls on those earlier seasons (or possibly my lack of understanding on what is 'good' dance technique).  I think that all combined to make me think she was not cute, but look at this adorable girl ^^^^^

• Love 5
On 8/25/2017 at 9:48 PM, sATL said:

"During a typical 12-hour shift, Parker interacts with cardiac patients that require constant monitoring. Their conditions range from congestive heart failure and heart attacks, to aortic aneurysms."

So I guess, she works like a 6-6 and then goes to practice, which ends close to midnight , according to what Kelli said at orientation.

God - maybe her eyes look so bulging because she's on speed and drinks a gallon of Red Bull a day?   Seriously though, that's really not a good schedule for someone who does a job like nursing -  the 12 hour shift not a big deal, but a 12 hour shift plus 5 hours (or more) of cheer practice?  I hope none of it affects her focus.

• Love 4

Late to the party again! 

re: the episode - I'm sad we didn't get to see the Barbie's handed out! HATE that!

The episode seemed a bit of a blur to me, and I wish they'd settled on a segment and really let us see it. There was the first meeting, then the first practice, then the alumni, then the alumni in TC, then the alumni meeting, and BACK to a night in TC to first girls in Kelli's office ... it all just ran together without us getting meat in any segment.  

That said, I liked the idea of the alumni segment and wished the CMT editing department had done a better job than showing the random alumni making a face. The comments mainly came across as off the wall or stupid. I hated Cassie's "I wasn't the smiley girl, and that's okay cause later I got to lay down the law" spiel. These girls AREN'T Judy Trammel's daughter. They're expected to smile, be bubbly and great entertainers. Remember Ann Lux, who almost didn't make it to her 2nd year because she wasn't bubbly enough? Think of all the Vets who've been cut for not "selling it," including Raylee this year.  It's misleading to tell these girls it's all right to not smile much, hinting at later "power." Shesh! Who thought it was good to put THAT in the episode?

I thought Tina was supportive of the TCCs and appreciative of their abilities. I do think it's going to be on the technicalities that these girls survive TC.

I think Erin may be the first cut, as her body doesn't seem to want to move in DCC style. And despite many disparaging comments, I like Brianna. She's absolutely gorgeous, and apparently is a terrific technical dancer. I think Kelli and Judy wanted to see more of her, gage her abilities doing DCC style.  From what I can see, she may need to be a next-year girl, cause she doesn't understand DCC style, but I like her a lot.

Anyway, on to next week! 

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Nicole Hamilton's weave was bad too, but they definitely stepped it up in recent years.

I wasn't a fan of Jasmine's either.

I think the only weaves that looked good were Jackie's, Jacie's and Mias.

There was a season they gave her BRIGHT blonde highlights and I was mortified. 

Long time lurker but had to sign up for an account to respond to this thread.  First of all, Jacie and Mia did not wear hair extensions during their tenure as DCC's.  Also, ethnic hair care is very time consuming - especially adding good hair extensions which can take 6-8 hours.  Given the rigors of the DCC schedule, I'm assuming most of the black women don't have time to go the extension route so they use lace front wigs instead.  The installation process is less time consuming that extensions (remember Alexandria from Season 9 when they removed her "unit" on makeover day?).   I can't remember Nicole's hair but Ally's hair definitely looked like a wig during her last season.  

• Love 9
3 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

My question is, how heavily photoshopped is Cassie's swimsuit shot? She actually has an upper lip and looks pretty.

They clearly were working overtime in the photo retouch department on a lot of her swimsuit shots.   I'm sure they were under orders from Judy to do whatever it takes to make Cassie look good every year (draw on her lip, pose her in ways that hide her short legs, etc.).   Yet another perk she got for being Judy's daughter.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Late to the party again! 

re: the episode - I'm sad we didn't get to see the Barbie's handed out! HATE that!

The episode seemed a bit of a blur to me, and I wish they'd settled on a segment and really let us see it. There was the first meeting, then the first practice, then the alumni, then the alumni in TC, then the alumni meeting, and BACK to a night in TC to first girls in Kelli's office ... it all just ran together without us getting meat in any segment.  

That said, I liked the idea of the alumni segment and wished the CMT editing department had done a better job than showing the random alumni making a face. The comments mainly came across as off the wall or stupid. I hated Cassie's "I wasn't the smiley girl, and that's okay cause later I got to lay down the law" spiel. These girls AREN'T Judy Trammel's daughter. They're expected to smile, be bubbly and great entertainers. Remember Ann Lux, who almost didn't make it to her 2nd year because she wasn't bubbly enough? Think of all the Vets who've been cut for not "selling it," including Raylee this year.  It's misleading to tell these girls it's all right to not smile much, hinting at later "power." Shesh! Who thought it was good to put THAT in the episode?

I thought Tina was supportive of the TCCs and appreciative of their abilities. I do think it's going to be on the technicalities that these girls survive TC.

I think Erin may be the first cut, as her body doesn't seem to want to move in DCC style. And despite many disparaging comments, I like Brianna. She's absolutely gorgeous, and apparently is a terrific technical dancer. I think Kelli and Judy wanted to see more of her, gage her abilities doing DCC style.  From what I can see, she may need to be a next-year girl, cause she doesn't understand DCC style, but I like her a lot.

Anyway, on to next week! 

Re: Brianna,

It seems like there's a girl each season (at least in the more recent seasons) that makes it to training camp who is a major project and/or long shot.  

Ex: Fan vote Colby (31 year old skinny model who couldn't dance), Taylor (Latina-looking pretty girl who loved monster trucks and couldn't kick), Alexandra (tall black girl who couldn't dance), Morgan (single mom with a terrible choreo memory), and I hate to say it but Maddie last season (current DCC who started with jet black hair and didn't really have the look or dance style to make it the first time.)

All of these ladies were so annoying and I was like "WHY is she in training camp?"  For me, Brianna is the annoying long-shot/project this season. 

Edited by ReneeK
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

Late to the party again! 

They put on FB extra scenes and one was the awarding of ?? 3 or 4 Barbies but still none of them showing all Barbie recipients

10 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

10 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

They clearly were working overtime in the photo retouch department on a lot of her swimsuit shots.   I'm sure they were under orders from Judy to do whatever it takes to make Cassie look good every year (draw on her lip, pose her in ways that hide her short legs, etc.).   Yet another perk she got for being Judy's daughter.

I remembered Kelli saying they do a lot of touching up on the swimsuit calendar pictures to get rid of lines and wrinkles, so I am sure Cassie is not the only girl to have a lot of airbrushing to get them to look good.

19 hours ago, tinabee1967 said:

My question is, how heavily photoshopped is Cassie's swimsuit shot? She actually has an upper lip and looks pretty.

I'm sure there was photoshop done, but she still doesn't have a lip here.

• Love 1

I haven't gotten through all the comments so forgive me if I'm repeating others' comments...I was out of town and couldn't watch this episode until last night (and I forced Hubby to watch with me for the first time!).  Some quick thoughts:

Briana and Erin are going to be the first ones to go.  I'll place my bets on Erin because they love Briana so much.

I'm NOT a fan of the Star.  Too over-the-top and I agree with a previous comment that it was just pure "see what we have that other teams don't!" for Kelli to ask the girls from other NFL clubs to compare.  We know the Cowboys have an unlimited budget, so how about compensating your cheerleaders appropriately?

I had to rewind to watch Kelli's walk out of the studio a second time.  Kelli, I know that you love your Spanx and heels, but the I-can't-breathe waddle is just sad (and hilarious at the same time - I seriously couldn't stop laughing).

The alumni cameos were horrible.  They all sounded like huge snots.  I was seriously looking forward to seeing some alumni after seeing Ashton in last week's preview...SO disappointing.

And maybe it's the lighting, but everyone looks SO orange.  It's eye-burning.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I'm NOT a fan of the Star.  Too over-the-top and I agree with a previous comment that it was just pure "see what we have that other teams don't!" for Kelli to ask the girls from other NFL clubs to compare.  We know the Cowboys have an unlimited budget, so how about compensating your cheerleaders appropriately

Right?! They're all like, " Welcome to our brand new, billion-dollar facility, but we're still going to pay you gals in peanuts" ?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

Right?! They're all like, " Welcome to our brand new, billion-dollar facility, but we're still going to pay you gals in peanuts" ?

But but...they got a huge dressing room, don't ask for more!

5 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I haven't gotten through all the comments so forgive me if I'm repeating others' comments...I was out of town and couldn't watch this episode until last night (and I forced Hubby to watch with me for the first time!).  Some quick thoughts:

Briana and Erin are going to be the first ones to go.  I'll place my bets on Erin because they love Briana so much.

I'm NOT a fan of the Star.  Too over-the-top and I agree with a previous comment that it was just pure "see what we have that other teams don't!" for Kelli to ask the girls from other NFL clubs to compare.  We know the Cowboys have an unlimited budget, so how about compensating your cheerleaders appropriately?

I had to rewind to watch Kelli's walk out of the studio a second time.  Kelli, I know that you love your Spanx and heels, but the I-can't-breathe waddle is just sad (and hilarious at the same time - I seriously couldn't stop laughing).

The alumni cameos were horrible.  They all sounded like huge snots.  I was seriously looking forward to seeing some alumni after seeing Ashton in last week's preview...SO disappointing.

And maybe it's the lighting, but everyone looks SO orange.  It's eye-burning.

Yes that was a bad move. At least other teams were hit with lawsuits and now need to allocate a bigger budget to you know, actually pay their cheerleaders.

• Love 4

The cheerleaders have a totally different budget than the Cowboys football team does. What money the cheerleaders organization brings in is the money to pay the girls and keep the squad running. Yes, the girls are a part of the Cowboys franchise, but the million dollar or slightly more revenue is nothing compared to what the football team brings in. The girls know what the score is when they try out for the team. Should the girls get paid more, yes but there are millions of people who struggle on a daily basis to pay their bills, have food to eat, and have a place to live. I would rather see hard working people get paid more than a bunch of girls who shake their cash and prizes at a football game or wear bikinis in order to get someone to buy their calendar. Now I wait to have rotten tomatoes thrown at me.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 9:25 PM, Dccfan126 said:

Kashara looks big compared to the other vets. She just does -- big and soft. 

I mean in the real world she looks like amazing. But compared to the other hard bodies and teeny tiny girls they put out there, she stands out.

I thought the same thing, she's gorgeous tho. I wonder if it will be addressed.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 11:07 PM, DCCroutineFAN said:

I haven't even seen this episode yet and I will say I am a fan of Cassie Trammell Loftin. She is funny, a great mom and she was a great DCC.  Judy would never had jeopardized the DCC brand by putting her daughter on the team if she was a bad performer.   ... please don't throw too many rotten things at me >)

I admit I was a Cassie hater too and then asked myself why...and couldn't find a reason. Shame on me. I feel bad for her, she hasn't been a DCC in 5 years and people still give her so much s*it. People need to move on.

18 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I'm sure there was photoshop done, but she still doesn't have a lip here.

Wow. Caddy much?

• Love 1
On 8/28/2017 at 8:40 AM, cherryblossom said:

OK I rewatched this a number of times and it appears they actually changed the photos between Tasha walking in and her walking out of the office because you can see in close ups that there is a girl behind her now while she is talking a cheerleader vest with blonde hair and it is Brittany.  Maybe they thought it was too busy of a background?  Who knows!!

On 8/28/2017 at 11:48 PM, P2C2E said:

I expect the pictures in the office were different because unlike what they would like us to believe, Stephanie and Tasha were filmed at different times. And maybe not even on the same night as the rookies. 

When Tasha walked in, the picture behind her looked fine. When she sat and the camera was on her, the pic was almost cropped as a crotch shot of whichever cheerleader that was. It looked really bad. So I'm guessing that's why they changed it. 

Oh dear Ashton. You can't 'distinct' yourself from some one else. The word you're looking for is distinguish.

All the alumni came off like high school mean girls. Nose up disgusted by the so many 'detail issues' in front of them. At least Melissa Rycroft isn't a snot during her segments 

• Love 3
10 hours ago, missmansfield said:

On the hair topic does anyone know what kinds of extentions they use?

Whatever kind they use at Tangerine.  I looked on their web site, and it doesn't specify:

We use only 100% Human hair for its ability to maintain a radiant and smooth texture without using synthetic coatings like silicone. Equally important is the attachment method. No heat, glue, or chemicals means no mess or damage to your hair. Many of our Dallas Cowboy's Cheerleader clients benefit from this immediate hair transformation that adds volume & length

https://www.tangerinesalon.net/services/

Stephanie is above the picture for "extensions" so I guess she has them.

Edited by ByTor

Cassie- SHE is the one who should be kicked out quickly.  Stupid bitch.  Watching Judy I see the attitude of hating everyone and only saying negative things about everyone has rubbed off on her.  I am sure she grew up with it, but that's not an excuse.  Go away and take care of your kids.  I am sure they will end up being horrible entitled little brats. 

On 9/13/2017 at 6:43 PM, evasworld123 said:

Oh dear Ashton. You can't 'distinct' yourself from some one else. The word you're looking for is distinguish.

All the alumni came off like high school mean girls. Nose up disgusted by the so many 'detail issues' in front of them. At least Melissa Rycroft isn't a snot during her segments 

I just re-watched this episode today and I mostly agree with you. Tina Kalina was kind of a happy/goofy counter-balance to the mean girls; at least she smiled encouragingly at the rookies and wasn’t quite so harsh in delivering criticism (“Nice recovery on that fall!”). 

And then there’s Cassie whose only contribution/advice to the rookies is, it’s ok to not worry about being nice if your strength lies instead in being someone who can ‘lay down the law’ on the team (a slightly different definition of ‘America’s Sweetheart’).

• Love 2