Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Week 3, Night 2

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

There is someone in her family/life who is not okay with it.

I've thought all along that her father might have had a big problem with his daughter getting oral sex on TV. The boyfriend thing never rang true to me because I expect Corinne gets a new boyfriend every few days, but her father is her boss, her  source of her river of cash and probably the only person in the world whose opinion she really cares about.

9 hours ago, Rainsong said:

In Corinne’s Cloudcuckooland, freedom from responsibility leads to an expectation that she should be free from consequences.  She is completely responsible for the outcome she engineered but complains that it’s been rough. Aww…

Well put and I totally agree, but I have to admit that I saw some sadness in her that touched me a little bit.  I hope she's learned from this that if the person we're all saying she is, is "Not who I am at all," then she needs to be more careful about the Corinne she is showing us.  She obviously allowed the producers to talk her into things like the whipped cream scene and bouncy house, because she was willing to do anything to be the star who was on camera all the time. It came back and bit her and shamed her family.  I hope now she'll stay off TV,  start reading drug labels,  quit self-medicating with endless retail therapy and get a real job.

I thought she looked beautiful on the show, but that could just be the contrast with the oily, sweaty messes we've been looking at on the beach.

2 minutes ago, bosawks said:

I find Daniel amusing in the context of this show; in the context of humanity I find him a dullard.

But I'll take what I can get this season, so, welcome back Daniel!!!

Words I am sure that I will rapidly regret...........

Exactly.  He's fun to watch because of his ruthless honesty, and he can always play the "just kidding," card, but I also think there's a real jerk under the humor. 

Dear Show,  the "Truth or Dare" scene and "Dean wakes up from his nap" segment were a step too far. Please don't.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Refresh said:

She may have been blacked out. Only she knows. Not something I enjoy admitting, but I've experienced a few, and they've been because I overdrank hard alcohol and its' scary. And it's embarrassing. Because you don't know when you're in the midst of one that you are having one. Your friends can't tell  -  I mean maybe if they know you really well they can associate very specific behaviors or appearances, but even then it's just a suspicion. But mostly the scary part is waking up and having no memory of what happened. I'm inclined to believe her on that. Because it sort of explains her behavior after, changing stories somewhat. Who do you trust to tell you the truth if you can't remember? People have bachelor "friends" but are they really?

Maybe the booze+meds combo did it but I don't buy it, especially if it's a medication that builds up. That's where her tone changed and it felt untrue. Kind of BS that she throws her doctor & pharmacist under the bus too for her irresponsibility of overdrinking. Like I'm sure they're all "oh just this refill before you head to Paradise, make sure to wash it down with some tequila & champagne". No. She chose to ignore the combination warnings OR she drank so much that it had nothing to do with the meds.

I'm also sick of this show treating it like its just about Demario & Corinne. There's almost no acknowledgement at all about the show or the producers responsibility. 

Dean & Christina, I just can't anymore. They're very frustrating. He's so aloof and acts so disengaged. She slept with him too soon, her hormones are screwed up now but she needs to snap out of it and disengage. He's mentally a little boy.

eta:

Technicality if he did with Christina but while they were on filming break, the statement could still be true. They could've had sex but it would not have been "in paradise" - in meaning during. Dean's vocab & grammar game can be strong, I'll give him that.

Agreed. The producers have not accepted responsibility for their part in the Demario-Corinne scandal.

• Love 6
7 hours ago, LakeGal said:

Christen was really impressed with Tickle Monster being a doctor.  She brought up the fact he was a doctor several times.  I bet she would not have bothered to leave Jack Stone's side if Tickle Monster was an accountant.  

Please send Corrine far away from the Bachelor Nation.  I never want to see or hear about her again.

Yeah Christen was really impressed with the doctor. Does she even realize that Jack Stone is an attorney? I know being a doctor is seen as a noble profession but I was under the impression that a doctor and attorney made relatively comparable salaries. Of course I don't think Cristen's reason for liking him has anything to with his having a noble profession. It was all about the money. It was almost like hearing her brain go cha-ching when she realized he was a doctor. It would have been funny if every time she said "doctor" that a bubble would appear above her head with dollar signs. I mean the way she reacted to Tickle Monster being a doctor would make you think Jack Stone was a busboy or something.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Refresh said:

[Re: Dean] He's mentally a little boy.

Exactly.  And I guess some women (Rachel) find that attractive or challenging.  Personally, it makes me want to slap him.

• Love 6

As noted above, Daniel is the only guy there freely admitting that he's only on the show to get laid, not find his "soulmate" or "begin his journey" or "find his fairy tale ending" or whatever phrase  the show wants to use.  However, he's also the only guy who I can picture in 15 years time, happily loading up the minivan with the wife and kids and setting out on a road trip.  IMO, he's one of those guys who's a complete horn-dog until some woman completely knocks him off his feet.  Then he leaves the single lifestyle behind without ever looking back.

• Love 22
13 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Let's hope Daniel likes Lacey or this is really going to be pathetic...

"leftover scraps" oops 

I noticed this immediately. But Lacey didn't seem to skip a beat. I was like, "are you going to let that go?!" Even if it was in jest I still would have been, "so your comparing me to left over scraps??" That would have killed any attraction I would have had for him had it been me. I like Daniel and realize anyone would have to warm up to his brand of humor but slyly insulting someone goes to far IMO. 

I mean they could have worked it out if she would have spoken up. I don't think he really meant to insult her and that might have been a case of his mouth getting ahead of his brain. But still Lacey was responsible for speaking up and not letting that pass. If that had been Diggy I think she would have blasted him for it. Just more proof that she's too immature to be on this show.

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Exactly.  And I guess some women (Rachel) find that attractive or challenging.  Personally, it makes me want to slap him.

I think it was Jack or one of the other guts said earlier this season that Dean is fun if you're in middle school but if you're an adult not so much.....enh Dean is entertaining for TV but not someone I'd want to be around in real life

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

He has like 124 teeth. That's nightmare material.

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

I noticed this immediately. But Lacey didn't seem to skip a beat. I was like, "are you going to let that go?!" Even if it was in jest I still would have been, "so your comparing me to left over scraps??" That would have killed any attraction I would have had for him had it been me. I like Daniel and realize anyone would have to warm up to his brand of humor but slyly insulting someone goes to far IMO. 

I mean they could have worked it out if she would have spoken up. I don't think he really meant to insult her and that might have been a case of his mouth getting ahead of his brain. But still Lacey was responsible for speaking up and not letting that pass. If that had been Diggy I think she would have blasted him for it. Just more proof that she's too immature to be on this show.

I dont know if its how this show us portraying her or just how she is but dang she is really coming across as a sad sack.  How badly does she want to stay on this show?  Daniel is amusing in a way but 30mins tops is all I can take if him.  

• Love 1
11 hours ago, thejuicer said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but I hate Daniel. I don't find him witty or funny at all, I think he's rude and a bit of a jerk.

And, for the win, singularly unattractive. 

And to avoid the dreaded double post ... re: the "leftover scraps" comment, my immediate reaction was "but leftovers are my FAVORITE thing to eat in the morning!"

And drop the mic

Edited by PamelaMaeSnap
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Gregg247 said:

As noted above, Daniel is the only guy there freely admitting that he's only on the show to get laid, not find his "soulmate" or "begin his journey" or "find his fairy tale ending" or whatever phrase  the show wants to use.  However, he's also the only guy who I can picture in 15 years time, happily loading up the minivan with the wife and kids and setting out on a road trip.  IMO, he's one of those guys who's a complete horn-dog until some woman completely knocks him off his feet.  Then he leaves the single lifestyle behind without ever looking back.

I can see this. I didn't like the way he insulted Lacey but I think overall he's a good guy. My fault with what he said to her was he shouldn't have let his mouth over rule his brain. I mean he was obviously thinking that was the case but voicing it was a no-no. Being honest is a trait I admire but he can be too brutally honest at times I believe. Still I don't think he honestly meant to insult her he was just thinking out loud. Still a no-no but if he realized what he had done I can imagine he was breathing a sigh of relief that she let it pass. 

I think it was on last season's BIP that he showed a softer side when he comforted one of the girls over a heartbreak and tried to build up her self esteem. That's when I saw beyond his bluster. He was on a After buzz show recently with Vinnie where he admitted that he had took care of his sick wheelchair bound dad for years. Any one who takes care of their parents like that is a winner in my book. So yeah I can see your point.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 8

Poor, dim Lacey.  I just can't get over her sitting there next to Daniel while he was talking about the leftover scraps.  Was she too dim to realize that she was one of said scraps he was talking about?  Or was she so desperate to get a rose from some damn body that it just didn't matter what he said?  I suspect it was the latter.  Either way, she's pitiful.  I know people wonder about what Corinne's parents think about her after being on BIP, but I also wonder what Lacey's parents think about her as well. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, In2You said:

So Kristina basically stated she and Dean had sex. That explains all her crying

Not only during the show but also during the shutdown week they spent together.  So, it is understandable that she would not be on board with him hooking up with D-Lo and feel disrespected when it is happening right in front of her. Plus, D-Lo most likely knows K/D are having sex but doesn't seem to care.

• Love 3

I would not be surprised if Corinne were on NO prescription meds at all and that was just her "excuse" for behavior she considers normal. We all saw her on TB, and so did her parents since she watched with her mom. No one in that family considered her going topless, shooting whip cream, or playing bounce house with Nick to be out-of-line. On the contrary, it was all a setup to get her on BIP and her own reality show. (Which I'm not sure is still in the works, but it was.)

The best part of this episode was the end, with Daniel trying to insult Christen (is that her name?) while she is eating a scallop dinner and all his snark remarks are just rolling off her back. Score!

If I were in "Paradise" on ABC's dollar, I'd be eating as many scallops, shring, seafood anything I could. Like Christen, "stocking up" before I got sent home. I mean, why not? Not one single man there has said he's there for "lurve." So I'd be there for the free gourmet meals.

Ha. I need to proofread. I mean SHRIMP, not shring. (What's shring?) LOL!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, backformore said:

Corinne didn't say she was taking an antidepressant .   I wonder if she was on Vicodin/hydrocodone.  Her explanation - that it impairs judgement and can cause a blackout - seems more like a narcotic than an antidepressant.  Plus - super dangerous to mix it with alcohol.   Narcotics are also drugs that are abused much more than antidepressants.  

I didn't hear her say WHY she was on this medication (anxiety, pain?).  Usually it would be something you would not broadcast but since she is the one who started an investigation, it is relevant.

I still think she would have never said anything....that she only came up with the "med/alcohol" excuse to defend her reputation once the producer saw the footage.

• Love 2

I think Daniel very much meant to say the leftovers crack. It wasn't his mouth working faster than his brain. He knew what he was doing and wanted to see her reaction. I know a guy like him. Likes to push buttons. He might not necessarily mean what he says but says things for affect. I think Lacey was smart to kind of roll with it. That's the kind of girl he's looking for. Can you imagine if he'd said that to Taylor? She would have gone ballistic about repressed memories and deep emotional wounds and he would have gotten up and walked away. lol

• Love 17

These people are all jerks. And in a group of huge assholes, Alexis gives off even more mean girl vibes than the rest of them. Ugh - I have no interest in those stupid twins turning up on my television again. They are jerks, too.

• Love 16

I would make a wager that the producers made Matt go back and give a rose to Jasmine.  I thought it was telling during the very special interview segment that Chris Harrison wouldn't let Matt respond a couple of times and then gave him the 'life-lesson' of not going back to the crazy when once out of it.  I saw no purpose to the interview segment with Amanda, Wells, Raven, and Alexis.  I am glad that Jack Stone kept his word after her horrible prank and did not give her a rose.

I fast forwarded through most of Corrine's interview as I just don't care and don't want to give her any more of my time.  However, I heard one statement-when she said that she knew exactly what Demario was experiencing as she was experiencing the same thing.  I just couldn't...she has no idea what Demario is going through as he had been portrayed as a potential rapist.  As if I need another reason to not like her...

• Love 13
1 minute ago, seacliffsal said:

I am glad that Jack Stone kept his word after her horrible prank and did not give her a rose.

For that alone he is my top choice in Paradise. Well, him and Ben Z. are the only two guys I would even bother with out of what we have.

I turned it off as soon as the C word and her terrible fake hair showed up. I just can't. Life it too short to let that in my life.

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

I think Daniel very much meant to say the leftovers crack. It wasn't his mouth working faster than his brain. He knew what he was doing and wanted to see her reaction. I know a guy like him. Likes to push buttons. He might not necessarily mean what he says but says things for affect. I think Lacey was smart to kind of roll with it. That's the kind of girl he's looking for. Can you imagine if he'd said that to Taylor? She would have gone ballistic about repressed memories and deep emotional wounds and he would have gotten up and walked away. lol

I took it as a combination of button pushing and PUA-style negging.

• Love 4

Not sure if this has been noted before - but does anyone kind of think the opening montage of Amanda being chased by what looks to be an "ooga booga" type of tribal man stereotype is a bit uncomfortable? Maybe a small bit culturally insensitive? I'm also not sure what part of her "personality" that's supposed to mock. Just odd.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Tipsymcstagger said:

Not sure if this has been noted before - but does anyone kind of think the opening montage of Amanda being chased by what looks to be an "ooga booga" type of tribal man stereotype is a bit uncomfortable? Maybe a small bit culturally insensitive? I'm also not sure what part of her "personality" that's supposed to mock. Just odd.

I thought it was that she was being chased by a pizza, which was a reference to sweaty Josh.

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

I think it was Jack or one of the other guts said earlier this season that Dean is fun if you're in middle school but if you're an adult not so much.....enh Dean is entertaining for TV but not someone I'd want to be around in real life

I think a lot of people are not willing to see that mentally, Kristina is the same.  I don't like Dean (anymore - used to love him) but since K keeps going back for more she seems to be enjoying how he is.  Asking him to play Truth or Dare, asking him to get an erection - as a dare?  I mean, these are childish games not exactly super intelligent.  I do feel really sorry for her, because when I was younger I have definitely been her.

I have also blacked out a couple of times just from alcohol - drugs were never needed.  It does happen.  Obviously I wouldn't recommend it -- it's drinking too fast a party coupled with social pressure/anxiety... it happened to me once on New Year's Eve and another time on my birthday.

I don't know if the Americans noticed, but BIP played a few chords of "O Canada" as Daniel entered and then his line "This Canadian's back. Trump, you can't keep this immigrant out." I was DYING.  LOVE. HIM. 

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 9

Overall, Corinne didn't say much. I hope this is the end of her reality tv career

I read she was at some launch party in Hollywood and has not one but two TV projects in the works which makes me want to barf. I chose not to watch her interview. I can't get over the press release where she stated she was a victim. Her carelessness nearly destroyed a man's reputation/life. It's not a case of slut shaming it's just overall irresponsible.

I'm bummed about the leftovers, that everyone  now has to take out Christen or Lacey or worse, Jasmine. Tickle Doc kissed her waaaay too fast it was so awkward!

I felt really bad for Sarah actually because I think Adam really led her on. He complimented her for being so up-front with her feelings when Raven is so aloof and withholding.  I guess Dean-Kristina-DLo is same deal---the mystery is sexier than the sure thing.

Derek and Taylor haven't slept together yet?

• Love 1

I'm just wondering if Lacey really was 'waiting for Daniel', as we'd never heard her in all her bemoaning lack of connections say or even hint she was waiting for someone (wouldn't she have been a bit more hopeful then?). I think she invented that for herself the moment Daniel and his rose showed up. All of a sudden she was all 'My Canadian Knight in Shining Armour' has come! All is good on the world, I've been waiting for him! ?? I call BS.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Palomar said:

Not only during the show but also during the shutdown week they spent together.  So, it is understandable that she would not be on board with him hooking up with D-Lo and feel disrespected when it is happening right in front of her. Plus, D-Lo most likely knows K/D are having sex but doesn't seem to care.

Unless they decided to become exclusive while the show was shutdown, Kristina only has herself to blame for her hurt feelings. She continues to invest her time and energy into someone who is not shown himself to be willing and available for commitment. She hasn't bothered to get to know the other guys on the island which is an opportunity there for her (and all of the others) to explore. She's sabotaging her own self. Kristina is not compromising herself for Dean out of love. She's doing it out of lust. The same lust that Dean is experiencing as he's cashing in the opportunity to make out with 2 hot girls instead of just 1 hot girl.  Unless both sides are putting a label and claiming themselves to be unavailable, then they are free for others to pursue. Dean has told Kristina that he wants to explore his options with Danielle. If his behaviour is shocking to Kristina, then it's because SHE hasn't been listening to what he's been saying...on the odd time the guy bothers to say anything at all. She is making a man a priority in her life where he is only making her an option in his. She knows what's up and she continues to pursue and take any type of reciprocation as a sign of his feelings for her. She's a sweet girl but she's being really dumb - I'm constantly torn between feeling bad for and wanting a coconut to fall on her head and hopefully knock some sense into her.

What Kristina needs to learn that when a guy is playing the field, it's because his options are being too 'down for the cause and go with the flow' and feels absolutely comfortable in stringing all parties along until he has to make a choice. If Kristina even tried to entertain other men, the results of that would at least give her a better idea of where she stands with Dean. Showing interest in the date with Daniel would have been the best place to start but in any case, they're all stuck on an island together - there's always guys accessible for her to pull to the side and give a chance to.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, bosawks said:

I find Daniel amusing in the context of this show; in the context of humanity I find him a dullard.

This.  Every once in a while I think he says something halfway intelligent, but his bluntness almost makes him seem like some kind of savant.  I picture him coming from a community in Canada where everyone is as blunt as he is, so he doesn't understand the social niceties of toning it down.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Dear Show,  the "Truth or Dare" scene and "Dean wakes up from his nap" segment were a step too far. Please don't.

No kidding!  After the lecture by CH about sex and consent, and being respectful - yeah, we all know guys get erections, we don't REALLY need it to be on the show. 

3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I would make a wager that the producers made Matt go back and give a rose to Jasmine.  I thought it was telling during the very special interview segment that Chris Harrison wouldn't let Matt respond a couple of times and then gave him the 'life-lesson' of not going back to the crazy when once out of it.

I thought that was really rude.   Jasmine gets to say that she felt she was hurt, and disrespected, let Matt say his piece.   He didn't lie to her, didn't pretend to like her, just didn't want the "couple"  thing that she was looking for, so soon.   CH was being a jerk for not letting Matt talk.  

And I'm pretty sure the producers MADE him "go back to the crazy"  and give the crazy a rose, before they'd transport him off of paradise. 

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Could be. I can see that. But I have to disagree on Lacey remaining quiet. If she was just there for a hook up as Daniel stated he was and it didn't bother her than by all means go for it. But if she had even a ounce of self esteem (which it looks like apparently she doesn't) she would have to at least returned in the same vein with a, "and with each man who comes the pickings get slimmer and slimmer" or something similar. With his sense of humor he may have appreciated her more. Of course she couldn't do that since she made it obvious she was into him by jumping him as soon as he entered the competition. If I had to go along and roll with the flow when a man is insulting me and for him to like me than he's not worth having. I can see teasing and a dry wit but a insults a insult regardless if it is delivered in a sly way.

4 hours ago, Kbilly said:

He complimented her for being so up-front with her feelings when Raven is so aloof and withholding.

I don't see Raven being aloof and withholding at all. I think she's playing her cards well and just being herself by not being too upfront and in your face. She was the same way with Nick which I think is what got her so far. Even if she was friend zoned it says a lot that Nick really liked her as a human being that he took her that far.

She gave Adam her rose and stated she wanted to get to know him more. Then there was no interaction between them as Sarah came in and monopolized his time. I think she showed restraint by not interfering and being overly dramatic like most of the women do. What more could she do to show interest in him?

3 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I'm just wondering if Lacey really was 'waiting for Daniel', as we'd never heard her in all her bemoaning lack of connections say or even hint she was waiting for someone (wouldn't she have been a bit more hopeful then?). I think she invented that for herself the moment Daniel and his rose showed up. All of a sudden she was all 'My Canadian Knight in Shining Armour' has come! All is good on the world, I've been waiting for him! ?? I call BS.

Yes she did @Wandering Snark. In one of her ITM's while she was whining about nobody there being into her she stated, "why can't someone like Daniel be here, I like Daniel I could really go for him" or something to that effect.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 8
21 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

If I had to go along and roll with the flow when a man is insulting me and for him to like me than he's not worth having. I can see teasing and a dry wit but a insults a insult regardless if it is delivered in a sly way.

Exactly.  I still think Lacey was pitiful just sitting there, being a leftover.

22 minutes ago, yorklee2 said:

Yes she did @Wandering Snark. In one of her ITM's while she was whining about nobody there being into her she stated, "why can't someone like Daniel be here, I like Daniel I could really go for him" or something to that effect.

Yes, she was definitely whining for Daniel, wiping tears from her eyes.  She thought Daniel was going to be her "savior" and rescue her from the awful men who weren't interested in her.  

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

es, she was definitely whining for Daniel, wiping tears from her eyes.  She thought Daniel was going to be her "savior" and rescue her from the awful men who weren't interested in her.  

And then to be told she was, "leftover scraps". Not much of a savior after all.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

If I were in "Paradise" on ABC's dollar, I'd be eating as many scallops, shring, seafood anything I could. Like Christen, "stocking up" before I got sent home. I mean, why not? Not one single man there has said he's there for "lurve." So I'd be there for the free gourmet meals.

Christen has to be wondering why everyone else is stuck eating pizza and quesadillas while she gets scallops for every meal. Hell, you want to call me Scallop Fingers but I get seafood for every meal while the rest of you eat crap? Be my guest. Joke's on you losers!

• Love 11

I remember that talking head and she (Lacey) obviously knew he (Daniel) was coming and the way she reacted to him (jumping on him, really?) makes me think they hooked up over the break. I guess she was worried she'd be gone before he showed up.

• Love 1

Huh. I just had a random thought.

We're all assuming Jose the Bartender quit to do other things.

WHAT IF HE GOT FIRED????

He's the one who pushed the (gals especially) guests to drink. Drink. Drink. He even admitted it. He'd even take shots with them to get them to drink more. What if he was fired? Huh. Interesting. And he had a contract so....one more appearance on air and that's it for Jose....

Makes sense. He was still there when Corrine happened. The other guy only came onboard after the first episode...

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, sistersledge said:

I remember that talking head and she (Lacey) obviously knew he (Daniel) was coming and the way she reacted to him (jumping on him, really?) makes me think they hooked up over the break. I guess she was worried she'd be gone before he showed up.

Now that you mention it, maybe they did hook up over the break because she seemed pretty expectant that he was coming.  Maybe he was surprised that she hadn't been "claimed" yet; hence, the leftover scraps comment.

It's starting to sound like the show missed it's chance to be interesting.  They should have followed some of the contestants around and done a little filming while they were waiting during the break.  Of course they didn't know for sure if it would ever resume.  The REAL show was the break!  There was no element of surprise to the show now...everyone already knew each other and already formed relationships that for the most part fizzled out.  It's just a vacation now and not a great or interesting one.

• Love 9
8 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I would not be surprised if Corinne were on NO prescription meds at all and that was just her "excuse" for behavior she considers normal. We all saw her on TB, and so did her parents since she watched with her mom. No one in that family considered her going topless, shooting whip cream, or playing bounce house with Nick to be out-of-line. On the contrary, it was all a setup to get her on BIP and her own reality show. (Which I'm not sure is still in the works, but it was.)

The best part of this episode was the end, with Daniel trying to insult Christen (is that her name?) while she is eating a scallop dinner and all his snark remarks are just rolling off her back. Score!

Ya I love how Kristen was NOT shy about eating! She reminded me of me!  Do you notice on the Bachelor/Bachelorette shows that whenever they are on one on one dates, they never eat?  And the meals look delicious!  I couldn't contain myself knowing there is such delicious food in front of me!!

• Love 3
20 hours ago, backformore said:

Since Taylor isn't saying it - I will.   Having women woken up by men in costumes and masks has the risk of being very "emotionally triggering".   

Seriously, they are away from home, and bad things happen in paradise-like places.  Not a good idea to pull a prank that could traumatize someone.  I know it would have me crying and cowering in the corner.   (I hate masks)  

Agreed. That would have freaked me the hell out.

8 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I agree that he says the things he says quite deliberately, as bizarre and incomprehensible as they often are. I still don't know quite what to make of him, but despite his going a bit too far sometimes (I did not so much dig his calling all the women leftover scraps), I still feel like he really might be a decent guy under all the weird. Don't know if I'd want to spend time with him in real life, but I continue to enjoy watching him on my TV.

What I do not enjoy watching is Wells and his puppets. WTF is up with that? It's not funny or charmingly snarky; it's irritating and just plain mean much of the time. Please make it stop.

And Kristina, for the love of whatever, walk. the fuck. away. I don't know that I'd say that Dean will always be a cheater, but certainly right now, he is clearly not interested in a monogamous relationship. To be fair, he's even kind of awkwardly and unclearly said as much. I think part of the problem is that he's not saying "I want to date both you and D-Lo;" he's saying "I think she's super hot and I kinda want to spend some time with her, but you have nothing to worry about," which makes it almost sound like the D-Lo thing is just a harmless crush. We all have those from time to time, no matter how in love we are. But if that's what Kristina thinks he's saying, she needs to stop listening to his words and start listening to his actions, because they are providing the real story. It's not even that he's just not that into you — I think he is into Kristina. He's just also into D-Lo and not into choosing. If that's not what she wants, she needs to walk away. I've been sympathetic, but at a certain point, you are doing this to yourself.

• Love 7
11 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

I agree. Daniel is a near replica of an old friend of mine. Spent his 20s and 30s working out, being offensive, and getting laid. At 42, met the love of his life and is now happily in the suburbs building swing sets for the kids and fixing things around the house.

Despite his obnoxious behavior, he was also always a sweetie if he trusted you. I suspect Daniel has a bit of that.

• Love 6
8 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

I thought it was weird the way she ran to him when he arrived, then she jumped and wrapped her legs around him as if he was a long term boyfriend coming back from some time away.  As if she knew him.  Again she was looking desperate, and trying to fit in...ugh.

• Love 1

Once again Ben Z is ignored. It's so weird. Why is he even on the show? 

It's frustrating watching Kristina put up with Dean's antics. The guy is a first rate jerk and she just keeps going back for more. 

I fast-forwarded through most of Corinne's interview but did hear her use the old "reaction to medication" excuse. Not very original given how much time she had to prepare for the interview. I believe it's more likely that she got wasted and had blackout sex. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Love 6

Daniel is less funny to me after watching his weirdness on Million Dollar Matchmaker a few weeks ago but he is still more entertaining than most of these bozos!  Vinnie was also on it and seemed kind of, idk, just bad at dating and it was sort of sad. 

I'm annoyed that they made Matt come back and save Jasmine. She's just too much. The only semi normal people seem to be Jack, (although he seems to go overboard a tad in preview), Ben Z and Matt. 

Wells was never attractive to me but I always found him funny. But those puppets are just so awful. He seems like an immature boob. 

• Love 3