Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Week 3, Night 1

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, saber5055 said:

Mabinogia, eating everything with a knife and fork is very de rigueur, as proven by George Costanza on the Seinfeld candy-bar episode! You rock!

Why thank you. I do try to be civilized. Of course, I watch this show which totally ruins that image. lol

I still can't get over that horrible scene with the dead crab. Why would anyone think that was funny? What is wrong with these people  um, sheep? Seriously, these are the people who, when you ask if they would jump off a bridge if Kim K jumped off a bridge, would totally say yes, wait, no, they would say "well, like, of course I'd like, jump off like any bridge because, like, it would like be on my Instragram and like I'd get a bunch of like followers and be famous."

• Love 3
On 9/3/2017 at 7:34 PM, Mabinogia said:

I still can't get over that horrible scene with the dead crab.

It was an excellent, if revolting, metaphor for Alexis, who has been badly served by everyone around her in forming what amounts to her personality.  It was emblematic of her obvious lack of self-esteem and seething but familiar (to her) resentment at being ignored as a potential partner even in a setting where casual encounters are the order of the day.  Her approach, such as it is, is to be as obnoxious and act in a manner that she perceives to be 'one of the guys' as she hangs around at closing time hoping for a drunken hookup.  Her willingness to revive the expired-joke shark costume speaks to her near-total lack of dignity along with the cut-rate breast augmentation and those ridiculous palm frond fake eyelashes.

• Love 7
5 hours ago, Rainsong said:

It was an excellent, if revolting, metaphor for Alexis, who has been badly served by everyone around her in forming what amounts to her personality.  It was emblematic of her obvious lack of self-esteem and seething but familiar (to her) resentment at being ignored as a potential partner even in a setting where casual encounters are the order of the day.  Her approach, such as it is, is to be as obnoxious and act in a manner that she perceives to be 'one of the guys' as she hangs around at closing time hoping for a drunken hookup.  Her willingness to revive the expired-joke shark costume speaks to her near-total lack of dignity along with the cut-rate breast augmentation and those ridiculous palm frond fake eyelashes.

That is the most negative elegant description of Alexis!  Lol!  I could see how she turns men off!

• Love 1

No idea. I am disturbed every time I see the opening credits, where they make a joke of her choking some poor camera dude. You're absolutely right that no one would find that or her constant threats of violence remotely funny if she were a dude, and the fact that she isn't doesn't make it any better.

• Love 4