Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Week 3, Night 1

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, JenE4 said:

They actually had Christen's job title as "Scallop Hands." Sigh. But, yes, you and JudyObscure made such a great point about her virginity/purchased boobs as a personal brand. Perhaps when she and her potential suiters were younger, her virginity was "prized," but then somewhere along the line she hit the age in which most others switch their view of her choice as "weird" in modern society, and more men would avoid her because she's a virgin rather than pursue her because she is. So maybe she felt that she needed to spiff up the goods to show men that she's a sexual being without yet having sex--but then she's also trying to play up the "pure, delicate flower" she has to offer. It's just all very strange because it seems that the virgins on this series talk about sex a hell of a lot more often than the people who aren't. I mean, maybe they feel like they need to put it out there to reset any expectatons the guy might have, but I can't imagine that bringing it up in the VERY FIRST CONVERSATION you have with any man is the right strategy to go with. You know, I'm no professional like Taylor, but I would think that there are certain steps to take to build emotional intimacy with someone as opposed to walking up to the food counter and saying, "Huh, no scallops? Do you like my new boobs? No man has ever touched these or my old ones because I'm a virgin. I'll take the shrimp, please."

You don't have to look no further than psycho Jasmine's rant where she inferred that Christen was inferior to her because she's a 'virgin Pina Coloda' and according to Jasmine, not likes the virgin version. Jasmine has come off like a vile psycho bitch that doesn't entertain me, but rather gives me second hand embarrassment for how needy her ass and how clearly her standards in falling for a man has everything to do with showing her a little bit of attention. If she had any awareness, she would have gotten a clue when Matt constantly avoided getting hot and heavy with her but she thought that was an invitation to climb on his lap. And it says a lot about her that when she went after Christen, she didn't even bat an eyelash when Christen explained that after their conversation, Matt approached her and said he was open to getting to know other women and wanted to go on the date. Instead of Jasmine making Matt answer for his wishy washy ass, she put all the blame on Christen and talked shit about her with those other catty bitches. Amanda calling out Christen for not using a plate to carry a single fucking shrimp? Bitch go home please. Women who find it easiest to bond over collectively talking shit about someone else...you are the worst kind of women. Grow the hell up.

That was an unnecessarily drawn out 2 hours. While I find Daniel to be really entertaining with his analogies and general quirkiness he really has his work cut out for him with this bore of a group. 

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Bugs Meany said:

Sarah has boned Robby Hayes. Maybe qualify that statement?

Exactly. And regarding Adam picking Sarah over Raven he said in his ITM (after his conversation with Raven) that Raven was intriguing and a challenge to him. Sarah was pretty insistent and maybe gave too much away with telling him how much she was into him. Raven came off as very laid back and not confrontational. I'm not saying that Raven would be a better pick for him but I can certainly see why he might pick Raven over Sarah.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 5

Because it bears repeating, in what world are Matt and Adam the most attractive? Christen did say Matt was better looking in person but... seriously? BenZ is the most attractive, and I can't even with Dean because A). Jason Priestly and B). Communication skills. SMDH... maybe I'm too old.

I am betting the virgin thing is a question on the questionnaire they fill out (assuming there is one) and I'm not sure why you wouldn't lie about this because YOU KNOW the show would beat that to death. (I say that as someone who remained a virgin until marriage at 35... I mean, if I went on the show I would totally lie about it... not that I'd go on this show... or be interested in anyone who did... I guess I'm answering my own question). It's like the fear of heights question. NOPE NO FEAR OF HEIGHTS HERE!

• Love 14

I'm withholding judgement about how "entertaining" Daniel is actually going to be until we see him in action.  He could quickly becomes as tiresome, annoying and disgusting as some of the other folks we thought would definitely bring the fun.  Like Jasmine.  And Wells.   In fact, the funny bits Daniel contributed during JoJo's season were pretty much in the outtakes and interacting with the other guys.  Like we need MORE bromances.  

Thankfully this is an abbreviated season.  These idiots are just exhausting to watch.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Palomar said:

Dean kind of seems shell-shocked just going through the motions for the most part.  There IS something about D Lo "that he finds interesting".  I think he's found it interesting ever since she made her entrance going down the stairs to the beach falling out of her dress.

Dean seems like a nitwit, and he may just suck as "dating", so I don't want to give him too much credit.

But it seems that finding oneself "dating" the Russian orphan is not dissimilar from the guys who "dated" the one-armed girl.

There's really no graceful way to "dump" them without looking like a heel.  Especially when the primary motivation for dumping them was "D-Lo's" DDs.  

• Love 5

Dean is icky but Kristina is torturing herself in that "love triangle". Even with the mixed signals, I think he has made it clear that he intends to explore things with DLo and if Kristina is fine with that, no problem. It obviously bothers her so much but she is still putting herself in that position. As for DLo, she seems very chill and casual about the whole thing. I don't think she is invested in Dean like K is. K should wake up and remove herself from a situation that is making her unhappy.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 18
5 minutes ago, waving feather said:

K should wake up and remove herself from a situation that is making her unhappy.

Another one, along with Lacey, who should have left with Matt.  

• Love 2
23 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Jasmine seems a little scary....

Or a lot.

There has always been a serious vibe of desperation in Paradise, mixed in with silliness and a strange kind of realness. That was what made the show fun. But this season the desperation knows no bounds. They´re all acting like this is the only chance they´ll ever have of finding love (gag), or they´re being kind of bratty like Dean, or they´re constantly dodging some weirdness just to stay around (to get paid more?), like Amanda is with Robbie.

It´s not enjoyable to see these people begging for a rose from people that they don´t even like, or who don´t like them. The only ones I would love to see in the old setting when the show was actually not totally sad, is Ben the dog-guy, and maybe Raven. Diggy and Dominique don´t bother me, and I think Kristina deserves something better than Dean, but in a way she´s dug her own grave by trying to get him to like her. The other one, D-Lo is not even cute. There´s something about her face that bugs.

Wells started out totally funny with the puppets, but at the end I was even over him. He´s not as cute as he was on his bachelorette season.

I really respect Matt for leaving. I would have been scared too, I think he was just talking nice about Jasmine because he´s scared of her and doesn´t want her to come after him and stalk him and choke all the women she sees him speak to.

One bright note that I want to leave you with is this: I´m finding myself enjoying listening to Taylor´s crazy way of speaking. It´s so weird, and her personality is so weird to. But she is beautiful, if she didn´t have that voice and the personality she would be really hot.

• Love 4

The isolation and desire to be a part of 'Bachelor Nation' has really affected the cast.  Lacey is so desperate to be in a couple that she totally tells off, and emphasizes her disgust, with the one guy who was willing to go out with her and who was considerate enough to tell her before the rose ceremony that he wasn't going to give her his rose.  She really thought that Diggy owed her something and that she could sit in judgement over him and he would come back to her.  Alrighty then.

Then, Jasmine, who scared Nick so much with her 'promise' to choke him (including a demonstration) that he sent her home right then and there, thinks it's a good idea to physically threaten others and to ignore every verbal and non-verbal clue that Matt is trying to give her about not having any interest in pursuing a relationship with her.  I do not blame him one iota for just leaving rather than either giving his rose to Jasmine to avoid any aggressive action on her part or to give his rose to Christin and have fear as to what Jasmine would do.  Jasmine may be getting air time, but there are plenty of people who will go out of their way to avoid her after this.

Amanda is so desperate to remain relevant that she is entering a relationship with Robby who she previously told no to about kissing (and we all know from last season that she starting kissing...and other things...almost immediately with Josh).  I think Amanda is a bit surprised that she is not the center of attention and that the other men have basically taken a pass on her.  However, she WILL remain relevant, so come on over here Robby...

Alexis showed that although some people thought she was funny, that she really doesn't understand humor, or flirting, by trying to force a crab that had been dead for DAYS into Jack Stone's mouth.  Then she acts all offended when he told her that he would not be giving her a rose.  She's probably on her way out of 'Bachelor Nation' as neither Nick (on his season) or any of these men given her any consideration as a potential love interest.

Taylor, who told us how hurt she was by social media comments after Nick's season, continues to be tone and relationship out of touch in her lecturing of Derek and her running to everyone on the beach to tell them how mean he was and how he betrayed her...

I so hope that Wells' actions and comments take him out of the running for the Bachelor.  I am not enjoying him at all, and the puppet act only made it worse.

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, halkatla said:

Or a lot.

There has always been a serious vibe of desperation in Paradise, mixed in with silliness and a strange kind of realness. That was what made the show fun. But this season the desperation knows no bounds. They´re all acting like this is the only chance they´ll ever have of finding love (gag), or they´re being kind of bratty like Dean, or they´re constantly dodging some weirdness just to stay around (to get paid more?), like Amanda is with Robbie.

It´s not enjoyable to see these people begging for a rose from people that they don´t even like, or who don´t like them. The only ones I would love to see in the old setting when the show was actually not totally sad, is Ben the dog-guy, and maybe Raven. Diggy and Dominique don´t bother me, and I think Kristina deserves something better than Dean, but in a way she´s dug her own grave by trying to get him to like her. The other one, D-Lo is not even cute. There´s something about her face that bugs.

Wells started out totally funny with the puppets, but at the end I was even over him. He´s not as cute as he was on his bachelorette season.

I really respect Matt for leaving. I would have been scared too, I think he was just talking nice about Jasmine because he´s scared of her and doesn´t want her to come after him and stalk him and choke all the women she sees him speak to.

One bright note that I want to leave you with is this: I´m finding myself enjoying listening to Taylor´s crazy way of speaking. It´s so weird, and her personality is so weird to. But she is beautiful, if she didn´t have that voice and the personality she would be really hot.

Who would have thought a guy in a penguin outfit would be the most mature?!   I was so disgusted by everyone's behavior I FF thru the majority of this episode.  With all the tragedy going on in the world to see these adults gossiping like Jr. highschool kids was just gross.  I hope everyone is ashamed.

Meh on Wells on the puppets.  It was cute for a hot minute then became old and stale quick.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I so hope that Wells' actions and comments take him out of the running for the Bachelor.  I am not enjoying him at all, and the puppet act only made it worse.

What's funny is a bunch of us, myself included, thought that maybe they were having him as bartender to keep him in the running for Bachelor without tarnishing his reputation. Guess that backfired lol

• Love 11
5 hours ago, Palomar said:

Dean kind of seems shell-shocked just going through the motions for the most part.  There IS something about D Lo "that he finds interesting".  I think he's found it interesting ever since she made her entrance going down the stairs to the beach falling out of her dress.

I remember D Lo from Nick's season...he seemed really interested until he had a conversation with her and I also remember Jasmine getting more and more agitated from lack of attention from Nick until she kind of had a semi-meltdown in front of him and ended up leaving.  Unfortunately this is NOT a good franchise for self esteem.

Yes Nick and D Lo had their first one on one and I clearly remember thinking "so soon?" when she told him, "I think I am falling in love with you".  They weren't even close to hometown dates yet and she had only been on group dates. I think Nick reacted with surprise when she told him that, which was why he eliminated her...

• Love 1
21 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Why is handsome Ben Z ignored?

Maybe he really does talk about his dog as much as the editors imply he does?

2 hours ago, leighdear said:

I'm withholding judgement about how "entertaining" Daniel is actually going to be until we see him in action.  He could quickly becomes as tiresome, annoying and disgusting as some of the other folks we thought would definitely bring the fun.  Like Jasmine.  And Wells.   In fact, the funny bits Daniel contributed during JoJo's season were pretty much in the outtakes and interacting with the other guys.  Like we need MORE bromances.  

Last season, he treated us to some truly inscrutable conversations with some of the women, and watching their faces as they tried to figure out just what the holy hell he was talking about were definite season highlights for me. I'm looking forward to whatever he'll bring this season.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, bequialife said:

Yes Nick and D Lo had their first one on one and I clearly remember thinking "so soon?" when she told him, "I think I am falling in love with you".  They weren't even close to hometown dates yet and she had only been on group dates. I think Nick reacted with surprise when she told him that, which was why he eliminated her...

Nick eliminated her because when she opened her mouth she sounded like a complete airhead. You could see his face falling the longer she talked.

• Love 7
32 minutes ago, In2You said:

Nick eliminated her because when she opened her mouth she sounded like a complete airhead. You could see his face falling the longer she talked.

Ya, that too!!  And too much giggling!!

• Love 2

Remember that when the show was "on break" some of these people hung out and/or hooked up, so they might be better acquainted than we're shown. 

As for why Ben is being ignored - Maybe HE is going to be the next Bachelor?   It might also explain why he is being portrayed a certain way  - a dog lover who wants a woman who also loves dogs.  

I can't think of any other reason that the women are ignoring him and chasing after guys who are not very good looking (Adam, Matt)  or not very smart (Dean).  Maybe they all know that he's going to be the next Bachelor, but they're not supposed to act like they know. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, backformore said:

Remember that when the show was "on break" some of these people hung out and/or hooked up, so they might be better acquainted than we're shown. 

As for why Ben is being ignored - Maybe HE is going to be the next Bachelor?   It might also explain why he is being portrayed a certain way  - a dog lover who wants a woman who also loves dogs.  

I can't think of any other reason that the women are ignoring him and chasing after guys who are not very good looking (Adam, Matt)  or not very smart (Dean).  Maybe they all know that he's going to be the next Bachelor, but they're not supposed to act like they know. 

Agree with point 1 and wish, wish, wish point 2 is true. 

• Love 3

And it says a lot about her that when she went after Christen, she didn't even bat an eyelash when Christen explained that after their conversation, Matt approached her and said he was open to getting to know other women and wanted to go on the date. Instead of Jasmine making Matt answer for his wishy washy ass, she put all the blame on Christen and talked shit about her with those other catty bitches. Amanda calling out Christen for not using a plate to carry a single fucking shrimp? Bitch go home please. Women who find it easiest to bond over collectively talking shit about someone else...you are the worst kind of women. Grow the hell up.

RHJunkie, THIS! I wanted to say this, but couldn't have done it so eloquently. I was actually impressed with the way Christen laid out to Jasmine EXACTLY what happened with Matt approaching her, but Jasmine just didn't even hear it. It was so frustrating to watch! I wish they'd shown Raven talking to Jasmine about the situation, as she told Christen she would, but of course, we had to have more scallop fingers "hilarity." There's just no sparkle to this season, it's bringing me down. 

• Love 6

I can't stand jasmine and women like her. You are going to jump all over Christina for asking Matt out when jasmine told her he was taken. Um but the guy you are supposedly in a relationship with literally ran to Christina and told her he wasn't taken!! Get upset with the appropriate person jasmine. Even when Matt returns jasmine is making our with him. Hun he's just not Into  you . matt is the one you should be mad at.  Wells is annoying. Alexis is gross trying to put a dead rotting crab into. Jack's mouth. 

• Love 5

Wait, who killed my show? My funny, soapy, summertime lovetime in the sun time show? you know the one? With all the good looking people laughing and hooking up and eating pizza??? What the hell show?

Last night's episode WAS DEPRESSING.  Free Kristina!  Sakes alive girl what are you doing??? Cut that boy free and let dum dum D-Low have him! You're better than this! 

Thank the stars for Daniel.  He might be the only person who truly understands Paradise.  Those other dimwits need to stop taking everything (including themselves) so seriously!!

• Love 9

Although they made a ridiculously big deal out of it, as someone who gets nauseous at the smell of fish and seafood, I do think it's inconsiderate to eat that in a small, enclosed space, let alone having it get on my clothes or skin. (Still haven't forgotten the woman who sat next to me on a plane who had brought a salad that was covered in shrimp.)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, portergirl99 said:

Cut that boy free and let dum dum D-Low have him! You're better than this! 

I kind of love D-Lo for not even pretending to be seriously interested in him. Kristina needs to see that and realize what Dean is really after. I like Kristina but I can't believe she is wasting so much time on this manchild. Even if he picks her in the end, she can't possibly think it's going to last. As someone said, he's going to be a cheater. He just isn't ready to leave the buffet.

• Love 3

The strange thing about this season is that, with the exception of Diggy & Dominique, they are ALL coming off pretty bad. The highlights...well lowlights:

Jasmine...need I say more?  Although Christen...you did nothing wrong by asking Matt on the date, but then don't cry that you didn't want to hurt Jasmine's feelings, just own that you did what you wanted to do & that it's not your fault that Matt isn't as into Jasmine as she thinks.  Thank God I didn't take a shot every time Jasmine said "bitch, slimy, scallop, or satan" because I would have been dead after 3 minutes.

Taylor...asshole.  Derek...henpecked by said asshole.

Asshole who thinks a shark is a dolphin...asshole

Dean...asshole.  Kristina...desperate as all hell.  Yep, there's nothing like a guy lying on a bed with you stroking your arm while he tells you about how interested he is in another woman.

Sarah...reeks of desperation.  The fact that she chased after Adam and interrupted his conversation with Raven so she could tell him, once again, that she doesn't stand for being second best was pathetic.  If you won't stand for being second, what the holy hell are you doing on this show?

Lacey..desperate AND whiny.

Jack...boring

Wells...annoying

Daniel...insanely annoying; hoping he lasts no more than 1 day.

Adam...unattractive guy who probably gets no dates in real life; you better enjoy your one & only shot in life at being a playa!

Matt...smart man for getting out of Dodge! 

• Love 11
2 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Sarah...reeks of desperation.  The fact that she chased after Adam and interrupted his conversation with Raven so she could tell him, once again, that she doesn't stand for being second best was pathetic.  If you won't stand for being second, what the holy hell are you doing on this show?

What I don't get about her was, wasn't she torn between taken Adam and available Ben Z. And she picks Adam? Why not go for the hot available guy? Of course I think Ben Z is a way better catch than Adam so I may be biased. And I think I got the right chick but I don't pay that much attention to tell them all apart.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Mabinogia said:

What I don't get about her was, wasn't she torn between taken Adam and available Ben Z. And she picks Adam? Why not go for the hot available guy? Of course I think Ben Z is a way better catch than Adam so I may be biased. And I think I got the right chick but I don't pay that much attention to tell them all apart.

I talk about my dog almost about as much as Ben talks about his, so I guess I'm a tad biased myself :)

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

I do think it's inconsiderate to eat that in a small, enclosed space, let alone having it get on my clothes or skin

I'm with you. Not that they should have been whispering and laughing at her behind her back, but grown-ups licking their fingers make me a little nauseated.  My husband licks his fingers when he eats buttered popcorn and it's why I won't share and he has to buy me a separate bag.  Considering the price of movie popcorn Mr. Obscure considers this a cruel punishment.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm with you. Not that they should have been whispering and laughing at her behind her back, but grown-ups licking their fingers make me a little nauseated.  My husband licks his fingers when he eats buttered popcorn and it's why I won't share and he has to buy me a separate bag.  Considering the price of movie popcorn Mr. Obscure considers this a cruel punishment.

Hahahahahah - "Mr Obscure".   Cute!

On 8/29/2017 at 10:24 AM, LBS said:

And speaking of Amanda what was up with that hot tub date and her cooing about how cool it was?  How is that cool?  Even my cats would stop being entertained by it after a minute and they stare at walls for fun.

Ha! 

Robby setting up that pathetic surprise was just classic cheese. He's such a try-hard doofus, he reminds me of Matt Dillon's character in There's Something about Mary. And his "romantic voice" really skeeves me out, I had so much more respect for Amanda when she was shutting him down at every turn. But I guess persistence wins the day? Or else the fact that no one else is interested in her finally dawned on her, so she boarded the only available train. 

I did not understand that whole virginity as a brand strategy thing at all. She was telling a guy she was presumably trying to date that she is marketing her virginity? But there was something about not finding the right guy, which does make sense, but then she was on about it like a strategy. I wanted to like her after all the mean girls ganged up on her but that was just so strange. Is she even really a virgin or is that her job title for the show, like Dolphin and Dog Lover?

It seems like her job title choices are "virgin" or "scallop fingers." Tough choice, that.

Her speech about how virginity has "worked out" for her was very Ashley I in its idiocy. Bad enough that she seems to view it as some sort of strategy, but that she also thought that was a great thing to actually tell a guy was mind-blowing. I guess she's referring to the idea that men like virgins because they want to be the ones to "plant their flag" but that doesn't say much about her ability to attract someone on her own merits, much less sustain an actual relationship. 

The whole scallop fingers thing got beaten into the ground so fast, way overkill. I admit that I do find it a little weird that someone would eat scallops in a crowded car. That would be like bringing anchovies or tuna on a plane or heating up fish in the work microwave. However, I feel bad for her that such a minor thing would blow up that fast into a cruel running joke that no one bothered to let her in on. 

• Love 2

@ljenkins782   LOL on the Matt  Dillon reference.!

Here's what is bugging me about the whole Christen and being a virgin: why is everyone assuming that she hasn't touched a man ever in her life.   Being a virgin doesn't automatically mean you forgo all knowledge of the male anatomy nor does it mean that she hasn't been intimate with people.   Jasmine kept on going on about guys want experience, etc and implying that she wouldn't know what to do.  She's a sexual being and I'm sure she done everything but.   Also, she's not a nun or a nun in training.  Having said that though even Maria knew how to make the Captain blush.      Sorry for the ramble.  It just really annoyed me.   

Edited to add: Christen could cool it with the labeling herself a virgin though and making it her thing.  Own your sexuality.  That's cool.   But it doesn't need to be your identifier.  

Edited by LBS
  • Love 9
On 8/30/2017 at 10:41 AM, Scout Finch said:

... I do think it's inconsiderate to eat that in a small, enclosed space, let alone having it get on my clothes or skin. 

Right? She was putting her arm around the other women while holding a large shrimp! Listen, I love shellfish. I love it. It's definitely desert-island levels for me. But I don't want that shit anywhere near my hair. If your poor manners put me at risk of fishy hair, we are going to have a talk about it. Dang Christen! 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Right? She was putting her arm around the other women while holding a large shrimp! Listen, I love shellfish. I love it. It's definitely desert-island levels for me. But I don't want that shit anywhere near my hair. If your poor manners put me at risk of fishy hair, we are going to have a talk about it. Dang Christen! 

Keep in mind -it was LEFTOVER scallops.  Like - they apparently sat in their limo for some period of time before she ate them.  Yuck! 

• Love 4

When I was in my 20s my best friend and I were living in our own separate, tiny apartments and discussed getting a larger, nicer apartment together.  Then one day she happened to say that she loved to eat chicken wings in bed.  After that, I gave her an excuse as to why we couldn't get an apartment together (we're still friends though).  So Christen reminds me of someone like my friend who would be messy and greasy and you wouldn't want her touching you or your stuff.    

• Love 3

I have to defend the scallops. Restaurant leftovers are put in a take-home box that can be refrigerated in most hotel rooms, the better ones (even Motel 6!) have mini fridges. Nowhere was it said the box was sitting in a hot limo for any amount of time. In my mind, they left the restaurant and took the limo to the club, with the scallops coming right from the restaurant. Again, NOT sitting around unattended in the limo. I don't have any problem with her eating with fingers. So what. Big deal. Fingers wash. And MOST PEOPLE wash their hands before dinner. I see people on BIP doing things a lot more skanky than eating with their hands. Alexis trying to get Jack Stone to eat a rotten dead crab found on the beach and dipped in hot sauce is a lot more disgusting and gives me a much worse impression of her than of Christen and the scallops. Who, BTW, was shown eating scallops later WITH A FORK while the pervy Daniel was trying his best to shade her. Like HE'S all that? (Not.)

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

I don't have any problem with her eating with fingers

I eat everything with a fork and knife. I have almost a phobia level disgust of eating with my fingers and I have no problem with Christen eating the scallops with her fingers. They are perfectly snack size and there was probably no fork available in the limo. I don't get why they are making such a big deal out of it, other than, one of them started it and they did a typical mean girl pileup. These are not adults, they are overgrown adolescents who are going to pick on the new girl because that means they are part of the "cool kids".

If an alien race picks up random transmissions of this show and then blows the shit out of this planet, I wouldn't blame them one bit. Short of violent predators, this is about as bad as humanity gets. (I'm exaggerating, of course, but only slightly)

• Love 7

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Christen eating scallops with her fingers comes anywhere near to what Alexis did trying to feed that dead crab to Jack Stone.  Frankly, I think Alexis should have been booted off the show for that.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Wandering Snark said:

Well, she basically was... but I hear ya, that was heinous and quickly went downhill to the point people were so shocked they didn't intercede quickly enough.

Yeah, I meant booted immediately by the producers even before the rose ceremony. 

• Love 1

Mabinogia, eating everything with a knife and fork is very de rigueur, as proven by George Costanza on the Seinfeld candy-bar episode! You rock!

I don't remember any of the group watching Alexis trying to feed that rotten crab to Jack Stone trying to stop her or do anything but egg him on. That, and laugh.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

Mabinogia, eating everything with a knife and fork is very de rigueur, as proven by George Costanza on the Seinfeld candy-bar episode! You rock!

I don't remember any of the group watching Alexis trying to feed that rotten crab to Jack Stone trying to stop her or do anything but egg him on. That, and laugh.

For them to realize the contradiction would demand that they think about the implications of what they are doing.   But that would disqualify them from BIP.

• Love 3