Type keyword(s) to search

Cortney and Antonio: Smelly Cat(fish)

• Start Topic

On 01/09/2017 at 8:31 PM, Meowwww said:

She had the gall to not book a hostel as she will be staying on catfish's couch.  If it exists.  She and her parents come across as idiots.  

I am so annoyed by her.  Unrealistically so.  

Me too! Just want to shake her! No regard for her own safety and just being ignorant. At least take a friend with you! He is going to be a 60 year old who looks like Danny DeVito!

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, SoshulMeedya said:

Her dad needs to make a 50 page questionnaire for prospective catfish boyfriends to fill out. At least Jim Boob vettes all prospects.

I'm sure her dad's questions would center around what sort of dip the prospective suitor likes.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
Just now, SoshulMeedya said:

He certainly doesn't believe in being punctual. He's completely self absorbed.

Exactly.

Cortney: I'm smelly, greasy and dirty...let me at least shower first.

Catfish: Na Brah, I gotta be a juror! Grab your shit and find a seat in the audience. 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, spankydoll said:

I can't believe it was really him!  He didn't have the same abs but he's cute. He is waaayyyy more casual about this relationship than she is. 

This. He is definitely way more casual about this than Cortney, and he is completely right !!! I wondered why on earth was Cortney putting her whole life into a couple months of texting with a dude, like she had never chatted with a guy before. Antonio is just a regular guy in Spain, enjoying his bachelor life, dating whomever he wants. He also encompasses the stereotype of men of Spain (playboy, talking "big romantic things" with ladies, very sexual) and I am puzzled how Cortney took him so seriously.  I think tht she will probably label him a "jerk" if she finds out he texts 8-10 girls a day. 

I am also not an advocate on meeting the person at the airport if you have never met in real life before. Seriously, your first time meeting shouldnt be after several connecting international flights and 30 hours after your last shower or sleep. The best way would be to check into a hotel, take a nap, freshen up, and then meet up. Antonio was probably thinking "Why does this random girl want me to pick her up at the airport."

FTR Antonio does not pinge my gaydar. He seems like an oversexed player who digs blonde haired, blue eyed women and I guess in Spain its normal for a guy to put a lot of effort into his appearance. 

I also think that their first meeting was staged to make it seem like she went straight from the city to the garden. Wearing the backpack on her chest wasnt the cutest look unfortunately. I also wonder: does Cortney do her own makeup ? It looks bulletproof and professional, she must be extremly talented at that. 

I strongly think that Antonio's only plans with cortney are to have sex with her for a couple weeks and then say hasta luego. He is the kind of guy who it might be fun to have a brief fling with but he is in no way wanting anything more than that. Like Antonio said, "I know her only from Faith-book."

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Matias130 said:

This. He is definitely way more casual about this than Cortney, and he is completely right !!! I wondered why on earth was Cortney putting her whole life into a couple months of texting with a dude, like she had never chatted with a guy before. Antonio is just a regular guy in Spain, enjoying his bachelor life, dating whomever he wants. He also encompasses the stereotype of men of Spain (playboy, talking "big romantic things" with ladies, very sexual) and I am puzzled how Cortney took him so seriously.  I think tht she will probably label him a "jerk" if she finds out he texts 8-10 girls a day. 

I am also not an advocate on meeting the person at the airport if you have never met in real life before. Seriously, your first time meeting shouldnt be after several connecting international flights and 30 hours after your last shower or sleep. The best way would be to check into a hotel, take a nap, freshen up, and then meet up. Antonio was probably thinking "Why does this random girl want me to pick her up at the airport."

FTR Antonio does not pinge my gaydar. He seems like an oversexed player who digs blonde haired, blue eyed women and I guess in Spain its normal for a guy to put a lot of effort into his appearance. 

I also think that their first meeting was staged to make it seem like she went straight from the city to the garden. Wearing the backpack on her chest wasnt the cutest look unfortunately. I also wonder: does Cortney do her own makeup ? It looks bulletproof and professional, she must be extremly talented at that. 

I strongly think that Antonio's only plans with cortney are to have sex with her for a couple weeks and then say hasta luego. He is the kind of guy who it might be fun to have a brief fling with but he is in no way wanting anything more than that. Like Antonio said, "I know her only from Faith-book."

Yep...I agree with everything you've said.

She is just.  Ugh.  Awful.  Just dumb as a box of hair and soon as she opens her mouth, everyone knows it.  :(  I had to laugh when he said he liked smart women...

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

So... he takes her to this pageant thingy event and ....she's still got all of her backpacks with her?  Words cannot explain how crabby and unpleasant I would be if I were in her situation dragging around a slew of awkward bags all day long.  

What an interesting 3 weeks they're going to have.  I'd like to think one of them cuts the trip short out of sheer  boredom, but I thought that would be the right thing for Nicole and Azan to do too and ...well, here we are.  

• Love 13
15 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

So... he takes her to this pageant thingy event and ....she's still got all of her backpacks with her?  Words cannot explain how crabby and unpleasant I would be if I were in her situation dragging around a slew of awkward bags all day long.  

What an interesting 3 weeks they're going to have.  I'd like to think one of them cuts the trip short out of sheer  boredom, but I thought that would be the right thing for Nicole and Azan to do too and ...well, here we are.  

Yep.... She really should have just said no, I need to put my bags somewhere and rest, instead of going along and getting annoyed. I am just bemused that she did not make arrangements for a hostel or hotel and decided it was perfectly acceptable to stay alone with a guy whom shed never even heard his voice. In fact, it always seems strange to me that there are women who Couchsurf with a male host. 

Edited by Matias130
  • Love 2

This situation goes beyond the pale, is Courtney really going to have sex with this man?  Please be smart enough to use protection.  

If I saw the photos of this guy, no matter what the situation was, (love, lust whatever) I would be dressed a little more sophisticated, had better luggage and would have taken the time to clean up at the airport before jumping to meet him in a random park...first impressions count and Courtney needs an edge in the physical sense because she is dumb. 

Let's see how really busy this guy is on a day to day basis.  Is his cur-reer like Pao's? You know, paying someone to take his picture?  I get the paid date vibe from him.  I bet he is expecting Courtney to pony up some money for sex, nice dinners maybe some clothes.  It would be like taking candy from a baby.

• Love 8

Back in 2002, I got word of a price drop for $312 round-trip to London on British Airways from Baltimore. I'd never been, so I booked my flight. Didn't know a soul over there, had no other reservations. I was part of a large chat room (friendly, like this board) and before long I had people offering me a room in their homes. Just me, a backpack, and a lifetime of memories. So, Courtney may be naive and just plain dumb, but you can travel anywhere in the world without plans.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

This situation goes beyond the pale, is Courtney really going to have sex with this man?  Please be smart enough to use protection.  

If I saw the photos of this guy, no matter what the situation was, (love, lust whatever) I would be dressed a little more sophisticated, had better luggage and would have taken the time to clean up at the airport before jumping to meet him in a random park...first impressions count and Courtney needs an edge in the physical sense because she is dumb. 

Let's see how really busy this guy is on a day to day basis.  Is his cur-reer like Pao's? You know, paying someone to take his picture?  I get the paid date vibe from him.  I bet he is expecting Courtney to pony up some money for sex, nice dinners maybe some clothes.  It would be like taking candy from a baby.

True. However, Cortney looked completely dolled up at the cathedral, like a freshly applied face of makeup that easily took 45 minutes, and she was wearing glasses at the airport. She in no way looked like she had hopped off the plane, took a train, and went straight to the park without checking in at some hotel first with the TLC camera crew. I just cant with this fake storyline 

• Love 3

I don't like Antonio at all. His looks and behaviors scream player, pretty boy player to me. This guys doesn't seem like one that wants to settle down and Cortney deserves better than that. Unless this is some kind of "sewing her wild oats" trip.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Matias130 said:

True. However, Cortney looked completely dolled up at the cathedral, like a freshly applied face of makeup that easily took 45 minutes, and she was wearing glasses at the airport. She in no way looked like she had hopped off the plane, took a train, and went straight to the park without checking in at some hotel first with the TLC camera crew. I just cant with this fake storyline 

Exactly!  She would have had a hard time putting in her contact lenses. Most definitely checked into a hotel and freshened up. I call bullshit. That makeup was fresh, nit the sticky faceful of slap that results from a red eye flight.

• Love 5

I'm bringing this over from one of the episode threads because I think it is the most likely explanation for this couple on this show, and I don't see that Toaster Strudel posted it here:

On 9/11/2017 at 1:35 AM, Toaster Strudel said:

I have a theory about Antonio. This started as a genuine catfish.

TLC contacted Antonio, and he decided to roll with it for the publicity.  In reality he doesn't give a hoot about Cortney, he doesn't need to go online to get puss, he especially doesn't need puss from overseas, he's swamped with puss, he's super busy, and has no time for her. What he has time for though, is TLC cameras giving him free air time to pretend he was the one talking to Cortney online. I very much doubt that she amazed him with her conversational skills.

The person that is the most surprised is not us... but the actual catfish seeing the model he was impersonating actually showing up to meet Gummy Dummy!

• Love 5

I am a little puzzled on this one and the thing that stinks to me is when Cortney was leaving and they staged the convo in that bedroom at her parents . The room was accessorized like a guest room of Jerrys parents at Del Boca Vista not the bedroom of a twenty something . That was fake fake fake.

Cortney has a super strong upper Midwest accent which is why, along with her looks she is Vicki Gunvalsens younger twin. Cortneys FB includes membership in a Disney Cast Member group . I totally see her as a child that was moved to FL by her over coddling parents who wanted to see her live her dream of working at Disney. She definitely seems to have idealized romantic ideas about this relationship. She was a dog with a bone not giving up her dismay that she wasn't met with a Disney character romance at the airport . 

Arrested development here....... 

• Love 8

I think it's very, very irresponsible for TLC to air a story about a woman flying to Spain to meet a man that never Skyped or telephoned her, and to actually land a model on arrival.

Nigerian scammers must be going into overdrive, TLC is making it so easy for them. Hey, it happens! There could actually be a supermodel waiting for you even though he never Skypes.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

I think it's very, very irresponsible for TLC to air a story about a woman flying to Spain to meet a man that never Skyped or telephoned her, and to actually land a model on arrival.

How so?  

1 hour ago, Sprockets said:

How so?  

You've never heard of Nigerian romance scams? They pretend to be handsome middle aged military widowers, they work abroad, they're madly in love with you, they they always need money; for the doctor, to get out of jail, to book a flight to see you, but then their passport is stolen so they can't come and need more money...

If any of these women being scammed right now sees the show, they'll think that whatever appeared to have happened with Cortney will happen to them too. Send the scammer more money! To the people telling them they are getting scammed... hey, watch Cortney! Ignore the red flags, there really is a model waiting for you.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

Most online tales do not end up as happily ever after. And, a good many of them end very badly. Fortunately, oh so dumb Cortney has the benefit of a film crew to look out for her.  I can see why her parents might be worried for her, because the poor stunted girl doesn't have the sense God gave a goose.

• Love 6

Eh, I just cant get that worked up over some idiot on a reality TV show, there are more important things to get upset over.

If someone gets taken by Nigerian 419 scammers in today's day and age, that's on them. It's been a scam for many years now, nothing new. People like Courtney are just to dumb to be let out on their own, let alone to potentially procreate. Courtney and Paul and that Filipino Cupid dude, they all need to be neutered...their gene pool is compromised.

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, SoshulMeedya said:

To be honest, I see more mental deficiency in Cortney than I do in Danielle. To me, Danielle seems stubbornly dysfunctional, but Cortney is many, many bricks short of a load.

Cortney's parents are older or look older than most parents of a 26 year old. The slightly wonky eye and life as a Disney princess makes me wonder if Cortney is on some sort of Auspberger's other special needs spectrum. It is still possible to be very high functioning in spite of that. She might not have any disadvantages in the developmental department.  I'm thinking that she may be one of those more sensitive spirits out there that needs to be protected from being chewed up and spat out.Antonio can get all the poon he wants already; I really hope he doesn't exploit this girl. 

• Love 4
8 hours ago, SoshulMeedya said:

That is disturbing. We don't know how this will play out yet, but I'm hoping it will be a cautionary tale, and not a happily-ever-after.

Compared to a Nigerian romance scam, the fact that the super model showed up is a 'happily ever after'

1 hour ago, gingerella said:

If someone gets taken by Nigerian 419 scammers in today's day and age, that's on them

They strike the most vulnerable, like, say, your grandma. One of Mo's most fervent elderly fans, with whom I personally conversed for several months, turned out to be a victim of such a scam, and in the process of being scammed by 4-5 other guys or catfish or who knows who.

I think this whole storyline is filler, set up my the producers. It just seems fake. She's ridiculously too stupid. And he's actually a real model who never wanted to show off his beauty on skype?? You're trying to tell me this fuckboy never wanted to try to get her naked on FaceTime or anything?  I'm not saying most normal men would do that but he was bragging about how many women he scores. I'd think he'd try something over video chat. Even if it's just to show himself off. It's so unrealistic. This is the only storyline that doesn't really add up. 

• Love 6
20 hours ago, Nowhere said:

I think this whole storyline is filler, set up my the producers. It just seems fake. She's ridiculously too stupid. And he's actually a real model who never wanted to show off his beauty on skype?? You're trying to tell me this fuckboy never wanted to try to get her naked on FaceTime or anything?  I'm not saying most normal men would do that but he was bragging about how many women he scores. I'd think he'd try something over video chat. Even if it's just to show himself off. It's so unrealistic. This is the only storyline that doesn't really add up. 

I think you're on to something. There was so much hype built up about the new guy being so elusive. Not to mention bringing up that Cortney had already been catfished. Merry from Sisterwives was genuinely catfished and look how many viewers watched just to see the train wreck from that situation. I wouldn't put it past production to take a cue from that mess and create false drama with Cortney and Antonio. But I'm paranoid like that. 

• Love 1
On 9/15/2017 at 9:19 AM, CofCinci said:

I wonder if she played a Disney Princess?

No way.  There are no Disney princesses that are knock kneed and have gums for a smile.  She's not pretty enough to be a face character.

Edited by PityFree
Fix typo
  • Love 2

It was very odd and pretty rude that Cortney insisted to stay with Antonio, yet simultaneously make him sleep on his couch. He seemed to ask her if she would be more comfortable staying at a hotel, but she said no. she wanted his place. Hint: If you do not plan on having sex with a guy, dont stay in his 1-bed apartment. 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Matias130 said:

It was very odd and pretty rude that Cortney insisted to stay with Antonio, yet simultaneously make him sleep on his couch. He seemed to ask her if she would be more comfortable staying at a hotel, but she said no. she wanted his place. Hint: If you do not plan on having sex with a guy, dont stay in his 1-bed apartment. 

Physical proximity does not create sexual obligation.  

• Love 3