Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E27: Power of Veto #9

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, phlebas said:

As a new BB watcher, this was my first experience with ZingBot. Is that a typical ZingBot session? I don't know what I was expecting, but a socially awkward Dalek wasn't it. 

Seems like a missed opportunity to give the HGs some insight into how they're coming off to the viewers.

It frequently is; this was not one of Zingbot's better outings.  And "socially awkward Dalek" is priceless.  :)

• Love 3

Woke up in the middle of the night and decided to watch this episode.  Dozed off at the five minute mark and woke up again to notice through the credit roll that Mark had indeed been backdoored.

Now I learn I missed both Zingbot and the slip 'n slide challenge??  How did I ever get so LUCKY?!?

That damn slip 'n slide challenge makes me queasy, waiting for the medics to come trotting in and scoop up whatever torn knee ligament or sprained wrist or rolled ankle or shattered tailbone happens first.  (I got to enjoy that last one when I was just as young and nubile as the houseguests and it messed me up for years.) 

And poor Kevin's tendons and ligaments won't be nearly as forgiving.

Stupid producers.  You want this to be the season remembered for multiple surgical repairs and plaster casts?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, phlebas said:

As a new BB watcher, this was my first experience with ZingBot. Is that a typical ZingBot session? I don't know what I was expecting, but a socially awkward Dalek wasn't it. 

Seems like a missed opportunity to give the HGs some insight into how they're coming off to the viewers.

Socially awkward Dalek...LOL! 

• Love 2

For someone who claims to be such a badass, Christmas sure cracks under pressure.

I was surprised Raven didn't win the POV comp.   Considering she is a dancer, you'd think she would have done very well. 

Jason may be considered dead weight but, he sure has won quite a few comps.  

Count me as one who hates the slip and slide comp.  It should have been a HOH comp but kinda think they wanted a HOH Christmas could play.   And a comp Mark would lose.   

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, LGGirl said:

It should have been a HOH comp but kinda think they wanted a HOH Christmas could play.   And a comp Mark would lose.   

Reckon maybe we're reading Production wrong - that they like Mark well enough to spare him any more time in this Paul-bound hellhole than is absolutely necessary?  ;)

• Love 3

Personally, I don't get all the hate for the Slip and Slide/Teacups comp. To me, it's not different from the stuff you'd see on a show like Wipeout or something like that. It's really not that dangerous. Yes, they should probably have helmets or something on but really, all you end up with is some bruises, a lot of sore and strained muscles, and shoes full of Crisco shortening. It's not the only comp out there that can cause injuries but they don't get nearly as much hate as this one.

If you can't tell, this is one of my favourites. Not as a Veto, though. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Zingbot was particularly lame this time.

I noticed that the HG's had trouble feigning enthusiasm for some of the "zings".

13 hours ago, Michichick said:

Also enjoyed Raven's look of utter stupidity when she didn't understand the zing that was directed at her.

She wasn't the only HG that seemed puzzled, but I figured it was the same kind of "is that it?" reaction I had.

14 hours ago, Eolivet said:

I'd imagine they bleeped out the word "whore" for Alex. Can you not say "whore" on national television? 

They've used that word multiple times on The Big Bang Theory, so I presume whatever they bleeped was something cruder.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also stupid?  The comp that Zingbot narrates.  "Zingbot is President of Planet Zing.  For this competition, take your ZingScoop, scoop up the ZingSlime, walk down the ZingSlide and put it in the ZingBowl," etc. etc.  It's like listening to a game created by 5-year olds.  The over-the-top reactions by the houseguests makes me cringe hard with secondhand embarrassment.  

I know! Before I read your reply in it's entirety I typed out "it's like a show for 5 year olds" lol 

When I saw this was the Zingbot episode I almost just didn't watch, but hubby overrode that decision :/

• Love 1
16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The zings sucked. I mean I did laugh at Raven's. That was pretty good because of the truth in it lol. But calling Kevin old, Josh fat, Mark bye-sexual, and Alex a whore were all simultaneously lame and kinda gross.

Come to think of it 'lame and kinda gross' is a good description for this season as a whole.

well, ZIngbot is usually more clever and kind of mean.  But maybe with all the bullying going on this season, zingbot didn't want to add any more. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Personally, I don't get all the hate for the Slip and Slide/Teacups comp. To me, it's not different from the stuff you'd see on a show like Wipeout or something like that. It's really not that dangerous. Yes, they should probably have helmets or something on but really, all you end up with is some bruises, a lot of sore and strained muscles, and shoes full of Crisco shortening. It's not the only comp out there that can cause injuries but they don't get nearly as much hate as this one.

If you can't tell, this is one of my favourites. Not as a Veto, though. 

Every time I see this comp I want to try it myself! I don't understand why people are falling so much- I know I would be a 62 year old rock star on this!  ;)

• Love 5

As I was watching, I couldn't help but wish that Cody hadn't gotten evicted, because it'd be so funny to watch him try to laugh, or respond, or do anything not-deadpan at Zingbot's zings. Literally, all I can see is his face, unflinching, not laughing, just stoic. I actually like him, that's not a slam, just who he is. Try to unsee that now.

Poor Mark...I wish Zingbot would've let him know how well-received Mark is in the real world. I like that dude, but please, don't shed those tears for Elena. You can do SO much better. I thought the same thing last season with Z & Paulie, she was way too good for him. Any word on Z & Paulie? Mark will have no problem getting a date after the show. I'd love for him to mention bullying in his pre-eviction speech, too. Even Christmas & Josh mentioned privately how genuine he is - you idiots, that's who you align with, not some asshole who will cut you the second he can! These dumbshits hurt my head.

Christmas is a huge bitch, & I'm so disappointed, because I loved her on the first night. So, Mark & Elena were a big part of the reason you were saved, & you pay Mark back by having a conversation with him? Also, just so you know, a big move, isn't getting the one person in the house, who's alienated, & everyone will unanimously vote out. A big move, would be to throw up someone who could beat you at the end, someone who has been running everyone's game, someone who can probably sway a few jury votes on his ability to plead his case alone, which will give him the win. At the minimum, a big move would be to break up one of the 2 remaining duos. I hope that they stock the jury house with dictionaries, you moron.

Count me in on the "it's not cool to make fun of Josh's weight" train. He annoys me, but I don't think he's overweight, & there's soooooooooooo much you could make fun of him for, none of which involve his weight. Someone upthread mentioned tying his circus-freak shit in with Raven's clown-makeup. That was a huge missed opportunity. 

Never, have I ever voted for AFP, but I'm using every email addy I have & can find to vote for Mark. He's way too nice for this game. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nkotb said:

Count me in on the "it's not cool to make fun of Josh's weight" train. He annoys me, but I don't think he's overweight, & there's soooooooooooo much you could make fun of him for, none of which involve his weight. Someone upthread mentioned tying his circus-freak shit in with Raven's clown-makeup. That was a huge missed opportunity. 

Yes - something about Josh's career opportunities playing the cymbals in a circus band. 

Not meant to be racial -  just the circus music and the banging pots like they are cymbals, but I removed the video. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1

Christmas is a huge bitch, & I'm so disappointed, because I loved her on the first night. So, Mark & Elena were a big part of the reason you were saved, & you pay Mark back by having a conversation with him? Also, just so you know, a big move, isn't getting the one person in the house, who's alienated, & everyone will unanimously vote out. A big move, would be to throw up someone who could beat you at the end, someone who has been running everyone's game, someone who can probably sway a few jury votes on his ability to plead his case alone, which will give him the win. At the minimum, a big move would be to break up one of the 2 remaining duos. I hope that they stock the jury house with dictionaries, you moron.

Lol, her big move - and she's been crowing about her planned big moves for two shows - is the vote out the guy with absolutely no allies in the house.  Really went out in a limb there, honey.

• Love 4

Also enjoyed Raven's look of utter stupidity when she didn't understand the zing that was directed at her.

Seems to me like she got two zings since Matt's indirectly insulted her as well.

Re Alex's zing, I figured what they bleeped out was the "c" word.

Wonder if Kathy Griffin was involved at all in writing the zings this year or if she's still persona non grata?. She's apparently been a fan of the show and in the past was able to deliver some fairly incisive zings.

I wonder if the slip 'n slide floor had the cushiony mat underneath that was used for the hot dog endurance competition. Falling on that wouldn't be so bad; also you'd fall a lot more because your footing would be more insecure.

On 8/24/2017 at 1:36 PM, rockibirdi said:

Every time I see this comp I want to try it myself! I don't understand why people are falling so much- I know I would be a 62 year old rock star on this!  ;)

OMG (tm Raven) this is absolutely my worst fear!  Times a gazillion!!!  This comp would be the end of my stay in the BB house.  Just can't do it. Bye y'all. I dont know what it is . When I get on any remotely slick surface,  I am down for the count. My legs literally lock and freeze.  Won't move an inch. Well maybe half an inch lol.  Baby steps is all I can do and I'm terrified of that! The topper is I grew up just south of Buffalo, NY. I'm a shrinks goldmine I tell ya. Tho I would love to be hypnotized back.  I think I would learn a lot. Anyway, comp bad,very,very baaaaaaaaaaaaaad

• Love 2
On 8/24/2017 at 1:08 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

I noticed that the HG's had trouble feigning enthusiasm for some of the "zings".

Really? I thought they showed their lack of enthusiasm by going totally fake and OTT about how awesome Zingbot is. Josh and Raven seemed to think it was the greatest moments of their poor sad little lives...

On 8/24/2017 at 5:39 PM, Mumbles said:

Lol, her big move - and she's been crowing about her planned big moves for two shows - is the vote out the guy with absolutely no allies in the house.  Really went out in a limb there, honey. boo boo

Fixed that up to reflect her probably response. *grins*

On 8/27/2017 at 3:27 PM, Wandering Snark said:

Really? I thought they showed their lack of enthusiasm by going totally fake and OTT about how awesome Zingbot is. Josh and Raven seemed to think it was the greatest moments of their poor sad little lives...

Fixed that up to reflect her probably response. *grins*

I just wanted to say I love your handle, Wandering Snark!  Bloody **AWWWWWWESOME**

• Love 1
On 8/24/2017 at 5:57 PM, Joimiaroxeu said:

Re Alex's zing, I figured what they bleeped out was the "c" word.

Whether I plug in whore, pussy or c*nt, none of them are funny or make sense to me.   Nothing really ties together bleached hair, cat ears and wieners, unless there is something that's just over my head here.  So this zing was a major fail to me.  Maybe all they wanted was for us to see the HGs fall over themselves in hilarity over a crude zingbot?   Hm.

While Raven's makeup is bad to me, I think Elena was the real clownish one.  She even looks like the Joker in her wall photo.  It seems like Raven was ripe for some 'always playing with her fake hair' jab.  

I don't mind watching the slip n slide comps but it does look incredibly dangerous to me, and I would never do it myself.  I think even in my 20s that would scare me.  

Whether I plug in whore, pussy or c*nt, none of them are funny or make sense to me.   Nothing really ties together bleached hair, cat ears and wieners, unless there is something that's just over my head here.  So this zing was a major fail to me.  Maybe all they wanted was for us to see the HGs fall over themselves in hilarity over a crude zingbot?   Hm.

Oh I completely agree, I just didn't think the bleeped word was likely "whore" since you can hear that on broadcast TV any night of week. In fact, I'm pretty sure they use it sometimes on daytime soaps too and they're a lot more strict about about language. Alex's zing didn't sit right with me because it seemed to be based mostly on how she dresses. She's hardly the only woman in the house who's been dressing suggestively or flaunting her boobs. To me, shaming a woman because she dresses in a certain way is approaching the neighborhood of "Well of course she got raped. Did you see how she was dressed?" and that crap is dangerous. (And now it always reminds me of Dave Chappelle's joke that ends with "...but you're wearing the uniform." Ugh.)

• Love 1

Oh I agree.  Saying bleached blonde hair is indicative of any sexual(?) or otherwise socially joke-worthy behavior is stupid, and the wiener thing wasn't her choice and I'd wager money neither are the cat ears.