Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E07: Un-Noble Women

• Start Topic

Vicky’s “Stay Humble” tee was beyond ironic.  I do believe that the producers are now just poking the bear {we, the viewers} repeatedly.  As much my esteem for Lydia had greatly decreased with her unfounded support of the despicable Vicky, I did enjoy Doug’s excessive indulgence of his pixie wife. The SUV, followed by the Aston Martin… all with price tags… followed by the helicopter ride?  This is why I originally tuned into the HW shows.  The Dodd woman?  Still ignorant and obnoxious… I don’t think that will ever change.

Shannon, sort out your weight issues by yourself.  Insisting that your family conform to your dieting requirements is  incredibly selfish.  Archie, you don’t have to eat that slop!

• Love 11

A food truck might be a better place for Shannon to start rather than a sit-down restaurant. But she'd probably think that it wasn't good enough or flashy enough for her. They are incredibly popular these days, though.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, LadyK said:

Shannon, sort out your weight issues by yourself.  Insisting that your family conform to your dieting requirements is  incredibly selfish.  Archie, you don’t have to eat that slop!

Shannon counting off the calories reminded me of this quote from The Bell Jar: 

“The sight of all the food stacked in those kitchens made me dizzy. It's not that we hadn't enough to eat at home, it's just that my grandmother always cooked economy joints and economy meat loafs and had the habit of saying, the minute you lifted the first forkful to your mouth, 'I hope you enjoy that, it cost forty-one cents a pound,' which always made me feel I was somehow eating pennies instead of Sunday roast.”

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

Vicki downright waddled into that restaurant like a penguin.

Im amazed Peggy graduated 8th grade much less majored in English.

The only reason Lydia's excessive gifts annoy me is because she thinks people get thier balls cut off in a vasectomy......or seems to think it's funny to taunt her husband with that. I don't think I can get over how annoying I think she is. I want to shout "Go to sleep!" Whenever she opens her yap.

They are throwing a party for those balls, I just can't with her.( sigh) 

17 minutes ago, schmickschmack said:

I thought she had a tumor? The story keeps changing.

I don't want another cancer storyline, I don't tune in for that! Arghhhhh

• Love 13
1 minute ago, AttackTurtle said:

She had DCIS which is dictal carcinoma in situ.   In layman' s terms she had non life threatening pre-cancer.  The cancer cells had not formed a tumor, but left unattended could result in breast cancer.  There is a lot of debate that woman are jumping the gun by having mastectomy when the cancer may not ever develop into anything.    Given that her mom died of BC, I get why she did it. But there are tests that will help you determine if you are at risk for a recurrence.  (I was low risk= no chemo yay!)

Thank you for the information! I think some women may be overly cautious with their mastectomies, but I certainly don't judge; whatever they're trying to make out of this next week is no Brooks/ KAC.

• Love 4

I really think Lydia AND Doug both actually think having a vasectomy IS cutting his balls off.  In Hawaii, he made some reference to horses being gelded and him being a gelding after the vasectomy.  Good thing they are going to the Doctor!! DUMBOS!!  He may be a gentleman but he and horseyteeth are total dingleberries.

• Love 12
18 minutes ago, AttackTurtle said:

She had DCIS which is dictal carcinoma in situ.   In layman' s terms she had non life threatening pre-cancer.  The cancer cells had not formed a tumor, but left unattended could result in breast cancer.  There is a lot of debate that woman are jumping the gun by having mastectomy when the cancer may not ever develop into anything.    Given that her mom died of BC, I get why she did it. But there are tests that will help you determine if you are at risk for a recurrence.  (I was low risk= no chemo yay!)

Thankyou for clearing that up.I'm so glad you were low risk.

3 minutes ago, LadyK said:

Please! Lydia’s revolting conversation regarding Doug’s testicles?  She can’t really be that ignorant.  Her continued distortion of a real procedure smacks of misandry and it is neither cute, nor amusing.  Sadly, I think Doug's testicles were removed by Lydia some years ago.

I agree, I look at him and think, neutered.!

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

Vicki downright waddled into that restaurant like a penguin.

Im amazed Peggy graduated 8th grade much less majored in English.

The only reason Lydia's excessive gifts annoy me is because she thinks people get thier balls cut off in a vasectomy......or seems to think it's funny to taunt her husband with that. I don't think I can get over how annoying I think she is. I want to shout "Go to sleep!" Whenever she opens her yap.

I am not a Vicky fan, but I almost felt sorry for her as she walked into that restaurant.  When she stood in front of the step and repeat, she looked truly pathetic.  The sagging face, mirrored by the sagging breasts in a very unflattering outfit.  There was a time when Vicky was cute, and silly, albeit in a very ignorant way.  Today she is a sad, sad caricature of the initial Vicky.  Those who reference Baby Jane are spot on.  

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Misslindsey said:

Kelly not listening to anything Michael had to say and then twisting it to fit her narrative was ridiculous. She did empathized with Shannon, but I do not think Shannon's marriage problems are quite the same as Kelly's. 

The similarity I now see is both Shannon and Kelly almost purposefully misinterpret their husbands' words and actions. 

Vicki's party outfit was the highlight of the episode.  There's a naked truck stop hooker with Vicki's shoe print on her back.  Where else did she find something so exceptionally unflattering?   

• Love 16
2 hours ago, Thumper said:

I am so tired of Tamra crying on TV about the daughter who won't talk to Tamra  because Tamra keeps talking and crying about her on TV!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't seen this episode yet.  Did she have TEARS this time?  She hasn't been able to produce more than 1-2 per season.

• Love 3

This ep?  Fat, weepy Shannon feeling sorry for herself & whining about her weight while endlessly stuffing her face.  Kelly being a nasty, thoughtless asshole.  Meghan's a happy mom that's a snooze to watch.  Vicks is an asshole as usual.  Lydia acting like a moron & pushing at us that she's got dough.  Peggy's pushing a real cancer story cuz producers are desperately trying to atone for pushing a fake cancer story.  I only caught a sec of this ep, but  am I right?

Nah, the sec I caught was on mute, with Eddie giving Tams a look like he so wanted to get the fuck away from her.  Who could blame him?  Saw David shoot Shannon the same look.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, diadochokinesis said:

Meanwhile, I literally got up to let my dog out and watch to make sure he pooped (or else he will run off in the house and do it) rather than watch this.  I literally chose a shit show over RHOC. 

I cleaned the litter box midway through the show.  Great minds think alike? :)

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Reppiks2897 said:

To quote Lydia from the Lamborghini unveiling episode "look at me I'm rich"  well that's the pot calling the kettle black! 

I really hate that I know this, but it was Meghan who said it. I must remember it so vividly because it was one of the very few instances I concurred with a fishwife. Somebody kill me. Please.

Edited by Hambone
  • Love 19
4 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I suppose I could always use the alcohol for the RHoNY reunion 2.0 tomorrow night, if this episode turns into an instant catnap for me ... (highly likely - but then, I'd be watching in the wee hours of the a.m., which is technically day drinking).

I fell asleep during the first airing (6 pm my time) and I thought maybe it was just my migraine meds at work... nah, tried watching again and tuned out AGAIN, LOL. 

3 hours ago, Reppiks2897 said:

To quote Lydia from the Lamborghini unveiling episode "look at me I'm rich"  well that's the pot calling the kettle black! 

And I hated the comment she made about watching women drive by in their sports cars. She strikes me as one of those women who snarks on unmarried women for enjoying their free time (and freedoms), then turns around and snarks on them for not having a husband and kids yet. It happens a lot in certain Christian circles (and is frequently accompanied by constant crowing about how much they loooooooooooooove having so! much! sex! with their amaaaaaaaaaazing husbands... sound familiar?). [ETA that is right, it was Meghan who said the "look at me" thing. Still, hated Lydia's comment.]

3 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I'd second that nomination, but parrots are excellent mimics (and some are also quite loud); I can't imagine the horror of hearing any of these shrieking harpies' voices being perfectly replicated by a beautiful bird, gilded cage or not.

Sounds like Vicki already...

2 hours ago, schmickschmack said:

Thank you for the information! I think some women may be overly cautious with their mastectomies, but I certainly don't judge; whatever they're trying to make out of this next week is no Brooks/ KAC.

Yeah, a BRCA gene mutation (which Shannon mentioned) is certainly one important indicator of increased risk (and people at high risk often do get prophylactic mastectomies to lower their risks), but not having the BRCA gene mutation doesn't mean you aren't at risk for breast cancer (inherited or otherwise). I'm interested in what the full conversation was and I hope this doesn't turn into Genegate.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, snarts said:

Say what you will about Peggy, but she sure spun Tamra into a frenzy without even breaking a sweat.  I loved it.

Peggy looked at Tamra the same way you stare at your teeth in a mirror after eating salad.  Fantastic.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

The only resturaunt I can see Shannon opening is a soup stand like "The Soup Na**" from Seinfeld (tm).

I can imagine her having strict ordering rules, don't dare ask for bread or NO SOUP FOR YOU!!

4 hours ago, parrotlover said:

Definitely no chips.

And absolutely, positively NO POTATO SOUP. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, Hello Lady said:

The only reason Lydia's excessive gifts annoy me is because she thinks people get thier balls cut off in a vasectomy......or seems to think it's funny to taunt her husband with that.

I've seen this storyline repeat itself (vasectomy) on other shows, and I've wondered why these woman don't consider getting their tubes tied instead of demanding their husbands get a vasectomy.   I think that having one's tubes tied is a little more invasive, but I had it done many years ago and had no problem with it.  It was an outpatient procedure.  I guess I just wanted control over my birth control method, so I opted for the procedure rather than demanding that my husband have a vasectomy.  YMMV. 

Going so far overboard for a birthday is ridiculous, IMO.    Good for them that they can afford it, but damn, two ultra expensive cars, a helicopter ride, and a necklace?   C'mon, man!  And it's not just the gifts, it's the notion that the whole day has to be one big magical fairytale kind of day.   It's silly. 

Peggy has gone from boring to obnoxious. Not sure which is the worser crime...

She's naïve to think that she can come into this group and expect everybody to all of a sudden forgive and forget.  There's too much history with these ladies, and unfortunately, Peggy only has one very small side of the story.  She needs to watch this show for at least the past several years to get a better idea of what has happened, then she might be a little more sympathetic to the other ladies' issues with Vicki.  

Edited by ChitChat
  • Love 5

I experienced a period of cognitive dissonance when watching Lydia's and Douglas' party when I realized I was not, in fact, watching an SNL skit but a HoWife episode.

For a minute it really seemed like one of those odd 80th minute skits that you're not quite sure is funny, odd or both.

• Love 18
9 hours ago, snarts said:

Say what you will about Peggy, but she sure spun Tamra into a frenzy without even breaking a sweat.  I loved it.

I don't think she even meant to. She doesn't seem to follow along in conversations well. There is something very off about her. Maybe copious amounts of pain meds?

I was scrolling through FB while watching and ended up watching cat videos during this episode.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, ChitChat said:

She's naïve to think that she can come into this group and expect everybody to all of a sudden forgive and forget.  There's too much history with these ladies, and unfortunately, Peggy only has one very small side of the story.  She needs to watch this show for at least the past several years to get a better idea of what has happened, then she might be a little more sympathetic to the other ladies' issues with Vicki.  

ITA that Peggy, or anyone, coming into an established franchise should watch at least the prior two seasons to know the lay of the land.  Even going into a regular scripted show, many actors say they at least watched some of it to get a handle of what they're going into, and they're provided the lines to perform.  But I wonder if Bravo/Evolution/etc. really want new participants to be into RH shows.  A podcast I sometimes listen to, Friends of the Real Housewives, had an interview with Kate Casey back in the spring.  She is a blogger who recaps RH & other reality shows (I don't read her, so I don't know her take on things, just that she's been RH recapping for some time).  Anyway, she said that she was in the running to be the new woman on this season and it appeared to her that it came down to her and Peggy, and clearly they picked Peggy.  She seemed to think that one of the reasons why they went with Peggy was that she seemed more clueless about the prior seasons of the show/what had happened among the women.  That may be what production wants, perhaps thinking that it allows for a more organic reaction to the women.  Off the top of my head, the only 2 new members that I can recall that watched the show prior to being on were Rinna, who was a fan & WWHL guest prior to being cast, and Carole, who said she watched old seasons once she was cast.  With Carole, when she came on, there was so much cast turnover that I don't really think it made that much difference.  Truth be told, I don't know if it really did with Rinna, because I don't think that chick could give an authentic reaction even paid Depends level money.  Frankly, I kind of would love for someone to get cast on one of the franchises who was a snarky follower of the show.  It could be quite entertaining or that person would go stark raving mad after being that close to the crazy.  However, short of that, I think they should make the new housewife watch a couple prior seasons and give up the fiction portrayed to the viewers that, like in this case, Peggy doesn't know shit about Vicki's cancer scam/insurance lead scam/etc. for the simple reason that it drags the pace of the show down and infuriates the viewers.  And clearly enough is pissing off the viewers if, at least here, there's a noticeable drop off in comments and uptick in vacuuming while watching. 

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Lizzing said:

ITA that Peggy, or anyone, coming into an established franchise should watch at least the prior two seasons to know the lay of the land.  Even going into a regular scripted show, many actors say they at least watched some of it to get a handle of what they're going into, and they're provided the lines to perform.  But I wonder if Bravo/Evolution/etc. really want new participants to be into RH shows.  A podcast I sometimes listen to, Friends of the Real Housewives, had an interview with Kate Casey back in the spring.  She is a blogger who recaps RH & other reality shows (I don't read her, so I don't know her take on things, just that she's been RH recapping for some time).  Anyway, she said that she was in the running to be the new woman on this season and it appeared to her that it came down to her and Peggy, and clearly they picked Peggy.  She seemed to think that one of the reasons why they went with Peggy was that she seemed more clueless about the prior seasons of the show/what had happened among the women.  That may be what production wants, perhaps thinking that it allows for a more organic reaction to the women.  Off the top of my head, the only 2 new members that I can recall that watched the show prior to being on were Rinna, who was a fan & WWHL guest prior to being cast, and Carole, who said she watched old seasons once she was cast.  With Carole, when she came on, there was so much cast turnover that I don't really think it made that much difference.  Truth be told, I don't know if it really did with Rinna, because I don't think that chick could give an authentic reaction even paid Depends level money.  Frankly, I kind of would love for someone to get cast on one of the franchises who was a snarky follower of the show.  It could be quite entertaining or that person would go stark raving mad after being that close to the crazy.  However, short of that, I think they should make the new housewife watch a couple prior seasons and give up the fiction portrayed to the viewers that, like in this case, Peggy doesn't know shit about Vicki's cancer scam/insurance lead scam/etc. for the simple reason that it drags the pace of the show down and infuriates the viewers.  And clearly enough is pissing off the viewers if, at least here, there's a noticeable drop off in comments and uptick in vacuuming while watching. 

I just do not believe that anyone would sign a contract without knowing/seeing what they were getting themselves into before making that kind of decision. I suspect that if Peggy was signed because she appeared "clueless", it was an act and nothing more, she seems rather adapt at playing dumb! LOL Kelly claimed she didn't know anything about the show either, at least at first, but she knew too much right out of the gate to have never watched the show. The same with Erica G (BH), she also said that she never saw the show but once again, she knew the BH HW histories at the start of filming. I suspect it is a game the newbies play in order to secure their contract and/or as an intro to their respective HW shows. LOL

• Love 12
11 hours ago, TexasGal said:

Oh god, again with Shannon harping on the chips and salsa.  Is he shoving them in your face?  Is he still eating your crappy sounding 380 calorie dinner?  Shaddup!!!!!

David was mad at Shannon for making a poor tasting buttermilk chicken meal. Shannons kids hate the food & 1 kid feeds the scraps to the dog. I am surprised that Shannon wants to open a restaurant. David is right that it is a lot of work

• Love 9
48 minutes ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

I was scrolling through FB while watching and ended up watching cat videos during this episode.

Great idea. They should do a screen inside screen thing and do animal videos. Archie ball catching ( psst rumor tells me there might be some fresh ones over at LnD's house) and silly kitten stuff. Cat videos never fail to amuse me. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, schmickschmack said:

When she said she loves his balls, I rolled my eyes.  I know different people like different things, but I've never met a straight or bi woman who gave two shits about the testicles.

Haha, right? Balls are not hot. They're just not. 

7 hours ago, FortKnox said:

If she hasn't already, I can see Shannon harping on what her girls eat to the point that they end up having a eating disorder, mark my words.

This. This is why I need her to chill. She's making the entire family consumed with it. She's also making eating healthy/dieting into the most miserable thing ever. Like it's a chore. With all the money she has, she could certainly afford to have yummy meals delivered or get some tips from a healthy-chef. It doesn't have to be such a drag!

6 hours ago, Hockey Addict said:

I think the show is on it's last legs. What kind of casserole should I send Vicky a picture of? 

A buttermilk chicken one. 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Maybe there is still differing opinions in the medical community but it's my understanding that DCIS used to be considered strictly a pre-cancerous condition and something to just "watch" but is now actively dealt with.  I say this because I was diagnosed with DCIS in 2014. There was no "wait and see" option.  I had to make a choice between mastectomy or conservative surgery (lumpectomy).  I chose the latter.  No chemo but I had 6 weeks of radiation post surgery.  

While I'm certainly glad it was not an invasive cancer, it still makes you a member of a club you never wanted to be a part of.  Since then, I absolutly dread my yearly mammo and always will. I've had 3 mammograms since the surgery that were considered "OK" and after each one I thought "thank god!  I've skated by for another year".  Both of my grandmothers had breast cancer but not my Mother or sister, which is the stronger link. Peggy lost her Mother to breast cancer so I get why she took more drastic steps if she was diagnosed w/ DCIS.

Aside from that, this episode was a real snoozer, as many of you have already posted.  That is, until Vicki lumbered, I mean, walked into the launch party!  Oh man, what a sight.  Best LOL moment of the show!   I almost felt sorry for her - well, not really.  Doesn't her mirror tell her she looks trashy & ridiculous?  Is Andy behind this?  just for his own snarky amusement? 

Also, Tamra's behavior was so combative (surprise) when Peggy suggested she let the Vicki issue rest.  "Do you wanna be my FRIEND???" said Tamra with the sharp, black-eyed "did you go to Bass Lake?", cut-a-bitch face.   She's downright scary.  

Don't get me wrong, I see where Peggy is a phony, twit.  But she was just suggesting that maybe it was time to cool it.  I agree.  She has also expressed how petty everyone is being.  Yes, they are.   I think Peggy doesn't get it and she's probably not long for the show.

I agree with the comment upthread where Jeff Lewis said "time for a whole new OC cast.  

Oh my, see what's happened to this show since they opened the Coto de Caza gates.  I miss the old days!

I think the show is trying to go back to the old days where each housewife had a glamourous life.

I remember when Kara got a used BMW or Mercedes & complained. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Quilty said:

Eddie looks tired and older.

True. There are virtually no scenes at Cut Fitness this year.

10 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

This season is a mess.  I don't know why the producers think this franchise can't exist without Vicki.  And she doesn't seem very popular with the viewers, so why are they turning their show into a snoozefest just to keep her around?  

I like Shannon, and I'd love to hang out and drink with her.  But I can see how it's hard for David.  Why don't you support me?  Why don't you like my idea?  Why are you eating chips?  Why this?  Why that?  The man is no Prince but that would really wear you down after a few years or so.  

Vile Vicki.

It's going to take me a few more episodes to get there but I think I'm going to love to hate Peggy soon.  The crazy thing is that I actually like her daughters when I don't fast-forward through them.  

I can't believe I sat through Kelly and her husband at dinner.  He must be so exhausted of her twisting his words that he barely puts up a fight any longer.  And did she actually express a pang of empathy for Shannon?  Kelly Dodd, is that you?  

I would rather see Jenna back. Vicki has burned too many bridges with the other housewives

• Love 7
9 hours ago, AttackTurtle said:

shannon, let your man have his chips.  I bet he doesn't nag you when you pour  your vodka.  I love you Shannon, but the nagging is not good.  Focus on you!

Shannon is just miserable and looking to take it out on someone.  David has always had chips before dinner and she has periodically nagged at him through the seasons about it.  Has it changed his habit?  Nope.  So STOP!  And it really isn't fair to put the whole family through your 383 calorie dinner when you are the only one trying to lose weight.  Seriously, your family is thin - let them eat!

1 hour ago, ChitChat said:

I've seen this storyline repeat itself (vasectomy) on other shows, and I've wondered why these woman don't consider getting their tubes tied instead of demanding their husbands get a vasectomy.   I think that having one's tubes tied is a little more invasive, but I had it done many years ago and had no problem with it.  It was an outpatient procedure.  I guess I just wanted control over my birth control method, so I opted for the procedure rather than demanding that my husband have a vasectomy.  YMMV. 

If I remember correctly, she wants him to have a vasectomy err, his balls cut off just so she can stop taking BC pills.   Seriously??  Take the pills for another year or two or get yourself fixed!  

My DH wasn't too eager for a vasectomy, so I had my tubes tied.  It really didn't require any big drama OR a party.  Whose decision was it to bring this idiot back?

1 hour ago, Cheetosandchoc said:

I don't think she even meant to. She doesn't seem to follow along in conversations well. There is something very off about her. Maybe copious amounts of pain meds?

I think you are on to something here @Cheetosandchoc.  It would explain her blank stares and struggle to understand anything that anyone says to her.   Can't blame her for needing pain meds given her situation, but damn girl - keep off tv so that you don't make a fool of yourself!

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Pegasaurus said:

Maybe there is still differing opinions in the medical community but it's my understanding that DCIS used to be considered strictly a pre-cancerous condition and something to just "watch" but is now actively dealt with.  I say this because I was diagnosed with DCIS in 2014. There was no "wait and see" option.  I had to make a choice between mastectomy or conservative surgery (lumpectomy).  I chose the latter.  No chemo but I had 6 weeks of radiation post surgery.  

While I'm certainly glad it was not an invasive cancer, it still makes you a member of a club you never wanted to be a part of.  Since then, I absolutly dread my yearly mammo and always will. I've had 3 mammograms since the surgery that were considered "OK" and after each one I thought "thank god!  I've skated by for another year".  Both of my grandmothers had breast cancer but not my Mother or sister, which is the stronger link. Peggy lost her Mother to breast cancer so I get why she took more drastic steps if she was diagnosed w/ DCIS.

Aside from that, this episode was a real snoozer, as many of you have already posted.  That is, until Vicki lumbered, I mean, walked into the launch party!  Oh man, what a sight.  Best LOL moment of the show!   I almost felt sorry for her - well, not really.  Doesn't her mirror tell her she looks trashy & ridiculous?  Is Andy behind this?  just for his own snarky amusement? 

Also, Tamra's behavior was so combative (surprise) when Peggy suggested she let the Vicki issue rest.  "Do you wanna be my FRIEND???" said Tamra with the sharp, black-eyed "did you go to Bass Lake?", cut-a-bitch face.   She's downright scary.  

Don't get me wrong, I see where Peggy is a phony, twit.  But she was just suggesting that maybe it was time to cool it.  I agree.  She has also expressed how petty everyone is being.  Yes, they are.   I think Peggy doesn't get it and she's probably not long for the show.

I agree with the comment upthread where Jeff Lewis said "time for a whole new OC cast.  

Oh my, see what's happened to this show since they opened the Coto de Caza gates.  I miss the old days!

It's a completely shitty club to be in.   I'm hoping that Shannon is smart enough to do some basic research to understand that while Peggy may not have had full blown cancer, her actions were certainly understandable.  I found my tumor while in the shower.  Due to its location, I had no option, but a mastectomy; however if other options existed (lumpectomy, chemo), I would have still gone the mastectomy route.  I had to do the six weeks of radiation too (pain in the ass, but I loved my rads girls).

I think both Shannon and Megan are smart enough to realize this isn't Brooks 2.0.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 9
17 minutes ago, oakville said:

Shannon wants to open a restaurant. David is right that it is a lot of work

And she wants it to be "affordable" and "healthy". When David said it needs to be profitable, too, she looked at him as though she never even thought of that.  Great business acumen you got there, Shannon.  

• Love 12

Drink every time Lydia says "I feel like.." and pass out like a Nobleman with a lost trust fund crying into a G&T in a brass rail fern bar. 

Haha Vicki looked my Nana tottering into the party in her sensible shoes. 

Too bad Lydia can't recreate the talking head shiny hair at any scene or big event. Her hair was underwhelming at the party. 

Lydia only came on this show to create a season long ad for Nobleman.  She brought her biggest client, Peggy and Diko, for their vanity. They love the spotlight. Lydia is West Coast Skinnygirl. 

Shannon is not emotionally ready for the restaurant biz.  It's as tough as being on HW if not moreso.

• Love 19

Orange County is feeling like a chore rather than fun..... I feel like I have to watch rather than I'm enjoying watching. I don't want to miss out on anything though.... as soon as I don't watch any OC episodes something awesome will happen!

:sigh: I've always been a 'girly swot' (to quote my husband)... you know: has always read the prescribed chapters, homework done, ready for questions...

Edited by CrinkleCutCat
Spelllllllling!
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

I'm betting those cars are leased. Too much Lydia, ugh! 

Lease or barter for space in Nobleman.  Yup. Ostentatious and for me, this manupulation shreds her pixie dust/gentleman personna. If you want to live like a Nobleman you need a trust fund or to manipulate deals and friends into finding the appearance of your external luxury lifestyle.  The viewers are not stupid.

Lydia is. Cutting his balls OFF? Seriously? 

• Love 11

Soaking chicken in buttermilk is low calorie? 

Tamra and her Sydney ruminations are getting ridiculous. Seems like Sydney has been spelling it out to her from go - bitch, its you. But no, Tamra can't hear that. Instead it is first about the divorce, than because Simon is whispering in her ear, Sydney teenage angst and now because you remarried. Girl bye! 

Shannon is too high strung to own a restaurant or work with the general public. I hope she will be a silent partner but I doubt it.

David is looking at the front door.  Feels like David and Shannon have the same relationship energy they had their first season on the show.

Vicki looked like she was wearing black Sophia Petrillo shoes. Glad that they were more sensible but they were ugly as hell and she still walked terribly in them. She has got to have the worst boob job since Quinn. No one with implants should have flapjack titties. 

• Love 13
38 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

And she wants it to be "affordable" and "healthy". When David said it needs to be profitable, too, she looked at him as though she never even thought of that.  Great business acumen you got there, Shannon.  

She even said something like, "It's not going to turn a huge profit". It sounded, to me, like it was a vanity project - something for her to play around with, but not anything that was going to make money. And David, the sole supporter who's owned his own business for years, is thinking - "Yea, let me just give you millions of dollars to PLAY with". 

12 minutes ago, islandgal140 said:

Soaking chicken in buttermilk is low calorie? 

Well, it's lower calorie than regular milk. Buttermilk is obtained when the fat has been removed from milk to make butter. So it's lower in fat and calories than regular milk. That's why some people will use it in mashed potatoes instead of regular milk, it's a healthier option. Of course, it depends on what type of milk you're using. 

However, I've never heard of "marinating" chicken in ANY milk. That just sounds....odd.....to me. I marinate mine in various dressings - Italian, or a balsamic vinaigrette. 

• Love 9