Type keyword(s) to search

Jax And Brittany Take Kentucky - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Watching this show makes it easier to understand why so many con men and women succeed in the good ol' USA. I always forget that the country was partly founded by people anxious to "worship" in unique ways. Anyone can open a church and pass around a collection plate - tax free.

Loved Jax's remarks!

Edited by nexxie
  • Love 4

Brittany fights with Jax over his drunken exploits; Jax and Brittany take an ATV ride in the woods; Brittany shares a campfire with her father who reveals he does not fully support her relationship with Jax.*

*Airs Tuesday, September 19th.

An absolute miracle DID happen at that church service.  Brittany's mom wore non-iridescent lip color-- for that day only!

This series has way too many episodes.  Should have been a one hour special, tops.  I'm sick of Brittany's family.  Mamaw threatening Jax with hell if he doesn't... What, exactly?  Go to church as she sees fit?   Get lost,  Mamaw. 

Looks like next next week we get down to brass tacks with Jax coming out and telling  Brittany's fam that she is just too chunky for him now....  Run, girl, run

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Rubyslippahz said:

Looks like next next week we get down to brass tacks with Jax coming out and telling  Brittany's fam that she is just too chunky for him now....  Run, girl, run

Yeah, it's okay for Jax to be a thief but weight gain for his girl ain't flying!

Brittany gave us a glimpse of her own motives re Jax when she told her ex she just wanted to go somewhere - maybe Jax was a ticket to ride the VPR/LA train.

Edited by nexxie

Jax. The Episcopal Church Welcomes You!

Oh. And Brittney? God love you but you're just as big of a famewhore user as Jax. And so is/are? Your whole family. I think the only real, honest, unscripted human being is Dad.

Jax. Not that you're ever going to actually marry this girl, but look closely at Mom and Mamaw. That's who you'll be married to 10, 20, 30 years from now.

• Love 2

I'm not really watching this train wreck, yet catching enough of its promos and video bits while watching a lot of Bravo.

Christ almighty, run Jax run. I'm actually worried for you, with all your life mistakes and character flaws. I don't want you to get mixed up with these hillbillies. Please for gawds sake do not procreate with Brittany.

Friggin' Kentucky Fried Awful. These people have ZERO charm - how the fuck did Brit get the cameras to come home with her. 

That horrifying church episode got me to post here. HORROR SHOW bas ackward hill people. "Speaking in tongues" is religious? Give me an effing break.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 2
On 9/14/2017 at 1:39 PM, nexxie said:

Watching this show makes it easier to understand why so many con men and women succeed in the good ol' USA. I always forget that the country was partly founded by people anxious to "worship" in unique ways. Anyone can open a church and pass around a collection plate - tax free.

Loved Jax's remarks!

In that case, I propose a Church of God Doesn't Save You From Snakebite OR Tragic Lipstick, Dumbass.  Feel free to pass about the collection plate; I need catfood money.

• Love 4

So I've been binging madly on the S2 VPR eps that Bravo aired last week (I don't have DVR autonomy at the moment, so I can't hoard them luxuriously like in the past and each fresh batch is like a gift!). Leaving aside my disappointment that this week's Jax and Brittany Take Kentucky wasn't preceded by more DVR VPR (heh), I was really expecting to feel a major letdown to go from arguably the best VPR season to the worst one that isn't even real VPR.

But gosh darn it, I like this silly little spinoff. Maybe in part because my late grandfather was from Kentucky and it's nice to hear "his" accent again.  Definitely in part because I empathize GREATLY with Brittany. I was around her same age when I got into a relationship with someone where I felt a bit swallowed by the guy and his world, and also moved away to be with him. Not nearly as far away and I didn't have the pressure of being on a national TV show, but I went from my thinnest ever to heaviest ever, gaining 30 pounds in just a few months. My "spark" was still there, but I was lonely and a little lost. Every time the issue comes up, I really feel her. And seeing her among her family, I really get why she'd miss having that support system and flounder in a strange land sometimes. It's hard enough to do that in a solid relationship when you feel appreciated.  

On that note, I like this show because I think it will end up being the best thing that could ever happen to them. It's GOOD for Jax to not be able to escape from the seven people on the farm into a city for a little bit! I don't agree that marriage and babies is a be all and end all, but it's very nice to see people have Brittany's back and remind Jax that whether Brittany is the one for him or not, she's an amazing woman who deserves to be with someone who appreciates her. And it's probably good for Jax and Brittany to get some of their frustrations in the open around family and manure so that they can't just sweep them under the rug and end up in something really toxic. It was great seeing Brittany's sister tell her she could come back to the farm any time and should never feel trapped in her relationship due to circumstances. 

Also I get that not everyone is on the Mamaw love train, but IMO her scenes with Jax are awesome. Instead of meeting with that therapist who he kept lying to, he should fly out for basket sandwiches & advice with Mamaw once a week!

• Love 4

Brittany needs to get out of this awful relationship as quickly as she can!  Jax is such a huge asshole and control freak!  The fact that he keeps trying to hold over her heads the things he's offered her if abhorrent.  First the boob job and now his generosity with her family.  It's not being generous if he's expecting something in return.  And it seems like the thing he's expecting is full obedience from Brittany.  She needs to RUN!

• Love 6

Jax and Brittany share a dinner with Brittany's family and friends, but Don tells Jax he still questions his intentions with his daughter. Jax and Brittany have an argument as Brittany accuses Jax of looking down on her Kentucky life. When Jax refuses to apologize, Brittany must decide whether to go back to LA with Jax or stay in Kentucky.

Thankful there is just one episode left of this!

Jax has more chemistry with Mamaw than with Brittany.  

Brittany is a pretty and sweet natured lady who could do so much better.  Living in LA and being on Bravo in exchange for a years of being treated like crap by Jax?  He is about 40 years old and not going to substantially change or ever get any more appreciative of her.    I hope she listens to her dad and sis more than to Mamaw and Frosty Lipstick --because those two would throw Brittany under a bus Ina sec for a few more giggles with their matinee idol Jax.   

• Love 5

I'm not convinced that most of this wasn't stirred up an extra bit by the producers, but one thing I don't doubt much is that Jax's mean streak and self centered behavior is portrayed accurately enough.

I'm not trying to drag him under the bus, most times I see him on tv and find him funny and tolerable, but this episode really shows how he has no idea how to focus on anyone but himself.

In a healthy relationship you want the other person to be happy too, and when you actually love someone you crave that happiness for them. Want to prompt it much as you can, want to see them flourish and succeed and smile.

He has zero of that for Britney, that much is clear as day. He doesn't give two shits if she's upset or crying, doesn't care that she stayed in KY instead of leaving with him. It really was quite sad to watch. I felt for Britney.

If they've really broken up then I'm happy for her, she put up with him longer than most. Some other guy out there is gonna appreciate her a hundred times more.

• Love 10

He is such a tool: 

“And you have to remember this show was filmed about a year ago and we were only dating for a year and a half, so I'm getting a lot of heat here.”

You are 38 years old Jax a year and a half of dating is a fairly typical length of time to get engaged if you want to get married. Just admit that you don't and end it.

• Love 6

Ugh, I really felt for Brittany during this episode.  Not only was Jax a complete ass to her, but her mother was all "Brittany!  Just apologize!"  No wonder Brittany lets Jax walk all over her with her mother as an example and encouraging her to be a doormat!  I'm glad Brittany decided to stay behind, but I'm not surprised these two idiots are still together.  And my guess is Brittany is making more of an effort to change for Jax than the other way around.  At almost 40, Jax is too stuck in his ways to change.

• Love 3
On 9/28/2017 at 2:40 PM, Adira said:

Ugh, I really felt for Brittany during this episode.  Not only was Jax a complete ass to her, but her mother was all "Brittany!  Just apologize!"  No wonder Brittany lets Jax walk all over her with her mother as an example and encouraging her to be a doormat!  I'm glad Brittany decided to stay behind, but I'm not surprised these two idiots are still together.  And my guess is Brittany is making more of an effort to change for Jax than the other way around.  At almost 40, Jax is too stuck in his ways to change.

I guess that's what happens when you've lost your "spark"

• Love 1
On 8/30/2017 at 8:13 AM, ghoulina said:

I think we've now said "Tom" more times than "Jax" in a thread for a show that doesn't even feature either Tom. 

Take that, Jax!

Jax, the "number 1 guy"!

• Love 1

The way this half-ass ended, are they possibly thinking of a season 2???

Brittany, bless your heart, but if you have to constantly ASK (force) someone to apologize to you, you have already lost the battle. And the apology doesn't mean shit. 

• Love 5

I've never understood what she sees in Jax.  I mean.....talk about scrapping the bottom of the barrel.  He's insufferable.  I wouldn't even want to eat food or drink a beverage that he has handled.  Ewww...He's gross on so many levels. 

• Love 4
On 9/27/2017 at 8:18 AM, Happycatisfine said:

What the holy hell is wrong with Brittany's mother?  Does she really think being related to that piece of shit, rapidly aging bartender is going to bring her fame?

Yes! ^^^^ So this bible thumpin' christian, God fearing family is totally on board wirh being filmed for this Bravo debauchery reality show? They're in it for the money. Just like Jax Ass and Brittany. There's probably going to be a hillbilly wedding, then JaxAss and Brittany will get divorced after she gets pregnant with JaxAssJr. 

Brittany at least got Jax to pay for her breast implants and that ( the boobs)will get her some other guy who might possibly treat her better...maybe. I still think this whole Jax/Brittany relationship is fake. They're just doing it to make that Bravo paycheck. 

• Love 1
On 7/3/2019 at 11:39 AM, chenoa333 said:

Nobody posting here on the wedding. Am i in the wrong topic?

This forum is for the Jax & Brittany spinoff which took place before their engagement.  We're discussing the wedding in the Vanderpump Rules Media thread found here!

• Love 1
(edited)
7 hours ago, OnceSane said:

This forum is for the Jax & Brittany spinoff which took place before their engagement.  We're discussing the wedding in the Vanderpump Rules Media thread found here!

Thanks. Makes no sense but I digress😁  ETA: THIS THREAD IS DEAD!

Edited by chenoa333
On 7/6/2019 at 11:51 AM, chenoa333 said:

Makes no sense but I digress😁

This show predated their engagement and wedding, the latter will likely air on Vanderpump Rules, the former already did.

• Love 1