Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E05: Staging the Murder

From the ep description:

Kelly and her team reenact what they believe was the sequence of events leading up to the murder.

Edited by Whimsy
ETA to the correct description

Well, all I can say is- I have no idea who did it. No idea. Kelly and JohnnyBonds did great interviews (from the little snippets we saw) with Doobie and Willie. They interviewed a shit-ton of other people in town with no real results. For a tiny moment there I thought maybe her son might have accidentally shot her, thinking she was someone else robbing the house, and that is why he stayed in his room so long (not knowing it was her until he came out later). I don't know if this one will ever be solved unless someone decides to talk.

Edited by Galloway Cave

This was a really sad case. All the stories changed over time and even if someone knows what happened who would believe them. 

I feel that the son knows who did it. I can't see a ten year old boy staying in his room for that long. He would get hungry, thirsty, have to go to the bathroom. He would of had to come out and at least seen his mother's body before that evening. I live in a mobile home. Those walls are paper thin. You would defiantly hear a gun shot anywhere in the house. 

It was so sad to see the son in prison knowing that he has a wife and child. What a messed up case.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, margol29 said:

It was so sad to see the son in prison knowing that he has a wife and child. What a messed up case.

Yeah, I really hope he cleans up his act and stays clean. He has a job waiting for him and a family. His aunt supports him. He seemed really ready to move on.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

Well, it wasn't the episode listed above but all I can say is- I have no idea who did it. No idea. Kelly and JohnnyBonds did great interviews (from the little snippets we saw) with Doobie and Willie. They interviewed a shit-ton of other people in town with no real results. For a tiny moment there I thought maybe her son might have accidentally shot her, thinking she was someone else robbing the house, and that is why he stayed in his room so long (not knowing it was her until he came out later). I don't know if this one will ever be solved unless someone decides to talk.

Fixed it.

• Love 2

Wow. It was frustrating that they were essentially back to square 1 despite all of the interviews. @margol29I agree that the son must know something.  He must have come out to go to the bathroom or get food.  I said they should hypnotize him or something! It did seem like a robbery though, based on the implied missing drugs and drug money.  I hope her son gets it together too. He's endured too much already losing his mom like that.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, bounnatalie said:

Wow. It was frustrating that they were essentially back to square 1 despite all of the interviews. @margol29I agree that the son must know something.  He must have come out to go to the bathroom or get food.  I said they should hypnotize him or something! It did seem like a robbery though, based on the implied missing drugs and drug money.  I hope her son gets it together too. He's endured too much already losing his mom like that.

Maybe hypnotism would work. It might be worth it to try.

Having positive thoughts for the son and his family. 

I liked all the interview footage. It's fun to see how real people do it, as opposed to, say, Bobby Goren or Frank Pembleton. (Although I can picture JohhnyBonds doing the whole  lean-over-at-the-waist-and-up-in-their-grill thing...)

Knowing how malleable memory is, I don't expect there'll be much else to get from the son. I hope he goes forward well. And whoever actually killed her. maybe the show will kick up some dust and unearth new witnesses.

Most 10 year olds wouldn't stay in their rooms for 14 hours, but most 10 year olds don't have mothers who are conducting drug deals in the kitchen. He stayed because she drilled it into his head to stay in his room until she came for him. He probably did hear the gunshot, and that's why he stayed. Because that's his mother taught him to do in order to protect him. He stayed until he couldn't stay anymore and had to come out. I feel so sorry for him. 

• Love 2
(edited)

He mentioned something about 'waking up', so maybe he napped the day away? Not that I'd know anything about that......

Can I also say how much I enjoyed the ex-wife's "He was a felonious cheater!"?

Edited by attica
5 hours ago, snowblossom2 said:

I wonder why they don’t expand their pool of suspects? Those two aren’t the only people in her orbit. Why couldn’t it be a regular customer? Her drugs and most of her money was gone, so that makes the most sense to me

I suspect that they do due diligence before they get to the location and rule out people to narrow the focus for the show

I can guess several reasons:

• Everybody's seated, which is less nervous-making.
  • It's private; people can't listen in.
  • Easy to record
  • Climate controlled
  • There has been some research on how confessional people are depending on where they are in relation  to others. Turns out, sitting side by side facing forward,  as you do in a car, is really conducive to secret sharing.