Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: It's not about a f***ing tree

On 8/19/2017 at 0:54 PM, bichonblitz said:

Is that really possible? I mean to mix the sperm up like that? Who provides the egg? The surrogate carries the baby but it's not her egg? This whole subject is fascinating to me. I think I remembering Jeff saying last season the next baby would be from Gage's sperm, maybe I heard that wrong. 

I was wondering if the surrogate is also the egg donor.  I would imagine it changes case to case.  To me it seemed like she was both donor and surrogate.  Although it was done by in vitro.  I could not find a single picture of Gage and Monroe except when the baby was first born.

I hope I am remembering correctly, but I think there was a separate egg donor than surrogate.  that way, she wouldn't be genetically related to the child.  Does anyone remember the Baby M case?  Turns out not a great idea to have surrogate use her own egg.  At least in that case.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

I was wondering if the surrogate is also the egg donor.  I would imagine it changes case to case.  To me it seemed like she was both donor and surrogate.  Although it was done by in vitro.  I could not find a single picture of Gage and Monroe except when the baby was first born.

She's not, they have an egg donor and a surrogate.

Is that really possible? I mean to mix the sperm up like that?

Yep, they can mix any number of men's sperm together then squirt the sperm into the dish that holds the eggs and whatever sperm gets there first wins.  However, a lot of the time now they pick a healthy sperm and inject it directly into the egg.  They even created a robot that might do it in the future, a very cute nanobot  http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/01/video-motorized-spermbot-helps-sperm-reach-egg

Gage and Jeff want multiple kids, so the first baby is going to use Jeff's sperm and the second Gage's.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Eater of Worlds said:

Gage and Jeff want multiple kids, so the first baby is going to use Jeff's sperm and the second Gage's.

And they already have the embryos with the same egg donor. Jeff stated the next embryo will be a boy because that is the strongest of the embryos with Gage's sperm.

The egg donor was never shown on the show and is a friend of a friend.

• Love 3
On 8/22/2017 at 0:00 PM, Madding crowd said:

I actually feel uncomfortable watching many of the work scenes and could not imagine not only working elbow to elbow with people but being watched and mocked every day. If you need to use the restroom, Jeff would demand to know if it is number one or number two, time how long you are in there and ask embarrassing questions in front of everyone. If you showed you were embarrassed, he would taunt you more. Jenny is the classic person who mocks others so she doesn't get mocked. I also don't see how Vanina is getting anything professional out of this beyond the Bravo paycheck. She will never get the chance to do her projects, make decisions or grow as a designer.

I feel sorry for Jeff and Gage's daughter. As she gets older she will be yelled at and mocked mercilessly by Jeff and he will want to control everything she says and does. I really feel he is too selfish a person to be a parent.  I have a sister in law like this and she does things like announce at a family party that her 13 year old was on her period and that she had tampons in her purse. My niece was in tears especially since there were teenage male cousins in the room. Jeff would absolutely do this. He is generous but only on his own terms and in the way he wants. He gives great gifts but doesn't take into account what the recipient wants, only what he wants. I started off not liking Gage, but I now think he is a better person than Jeff and shouldn't have to take so much crap no matter how much of it is'humor'.

Actually, I'm fairly certain this came up in one of the first seasons of this show. Because they're all working at his house, Jeff highly discouraged his employees from going number 2 when they were at work. Came close to forbidding it, IIRC, if not outright forbidding it. As if that's something people can control! 

• Love 2

I haven't watched this show in a few years. Not since the team grew. Anyways, can someone tell me what Jenni does? "Exec Assistant" I know but what does she do? I see everyone else running around working hard and she is stapling or playing on the phone. 

5 minutes ago, mccartygirl said:

I haven't watched this show in a few years. Not since the team grew. Anyways, can someone tell me what Jenni does? "Exec Assistant" I know but what does she do? I see everyone else running around working hard and she is stapling or playing on the phone. 

I imagine she's the note-taker, scheduler, keep-track-of-stuff person. 

6 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I imagine she's the note-taker, scheduler, keep-track-of-stuff person. 

I used to like her but I am finding her really annoying so far this season.

I get the baby stuff, we had a really hard time too and that client was right - you need to choose a date to stop. We did that and it was like a weight was lifted. We had 1 at the time and after 4 years of trying for #2 we said that it was time to stop stressing and be happy with the child we had (which took 5 years to have). Why not a surrogate or adoption if she wants another one? Plus age is a huge factor.

I like show and wish I had kept up watching it the last few years.