Type keyword(s) to search

S30.E06: YAAAASS, Booty!

• Start Topic

Is there any way to sympathize with Jordan without looking like a dick? I mean, he crossed a line with Jemmye, but that's about a 7 out of 10 with this show. He's trying to keep up, he's attempting to clear the insult bar, he's probably drunk, and the others are punishing him for that? I am not making excuses for the meathead, but we've heard far worse on BMP shows.

Damn, the guy put on a performance against Ammo. And Ammo was not a slouch, either. As for the cliffhanger? I don't think he was being dramatic, but BMP needs reasons to ramp up the drama.

Mission was a bit of a clusterfuck. Totally knew CT and Cara Maria were safe because they have rapport. The second heat was sad to watch. Not really caring about Marie or Tori, to be honest. And all of this week's bullshit will be forgotten if the teaser about Aneesa and Veronica is true. Aneesa, you already had a sucky time with a Veronica. Why double down? And if that does happen, would the Verantula invite the cameras to film it?

• Love 8

I sympathized with Jordan.  I strongly suspect that someone saying something irredeemably offensive was the inevitable end to that drunken rap battle.  In a way, it's like he drew the short straw.  That's not an excuse, but I think he genuinely realizes that there is no excuse.

• Love 6

I have to say I agreed with Jordan when it come to kitchen etiquette. You are grown ass adults clean up after yourselves. I snapped on someone for not replacing a toilet paper roll so I can see myself freaking out on these gross ass people. 

Lol at Anessa acting like being partnered with Derek is a negative. You would be the weak link in this pair. Derek would be in my top 3 for men. Granted they didn't do well but that had nothing to do with skill. 

I kinda feel like they scape goated Jordan. Like they haven't all said and done dumb shit while drunk. It was a rap battle not a full blown argument. At the beginning of the episode I was thinking that Jemmy (sp?) Isn't as hot as she thinks she is but that's neither here nor there. Was she crying because she expected more from Jordan and that hurt her feelings or was she truly upset that he said something off the top of his head that probably had no real meaning. If he said it sober I would find it offensive or if it was a one on one fight even drunk maybe so. I just feel like when it comes to rap music/battles there are no rules and it's not something to get upset over.

Poor Ammo he looks like he got wreaked. Not feeling the cliffhanger but at least we got a challenge and part of an elimination in one episode. 

• Love 8

Yea not saying it's right to throw out insults like that but everyone made it seem like this huge deal. I kind of felt bad for Jordan in the end tbh. Plus unless I missed something he did not push Aneesa he just barely touched her to move her out of the way. I don't like Aneesa she sucks. Jordan's moustache tho is idiotic.

Hope CT keeps winning. He's still my fave. 

The second heat was embarrassing lol total morons. 

• Love 6

Didn't they do a sort of secret voting in whatever season was the season in which CT did Johnny backpack? I swear they went into a room and wrote names on a paper and talked to the camera. Sometimes these idiots would say who they voted for to each other but still I swear it happened.

God I dislike Jordan. He is entitled and the worst ever. Sad Anmo got put in and that he lost.

Also the fact that editing is so odd this season tells me that they are doing this purposely, as in trying to drag out the season to an appropriate amount of episodes for the season.

• Love 2

I will preface my post by saying I'm personally horrified by Down Syndrome being used as an insult, but:

These are the same people who were laughing their asses off at a mockery of Indians.  And I'm sure the "R" word is as prevalent as the F word in this crowd.  They were already irritated at Jordan, and he made an easy target of himself.  It's ridiculous to expect Jordan to be an ambassador of all disabled people.  It's like calling out Aneesa specifically for laughing at the mockery of Indians, because she's a woman of color, and should be held to a higher standard of moral authority. 

I've always disliked Veronica, and I find it hilarious that she marches back into this game, and assumes she can reclaim her status of decision maker.  She's always been a mean girl, and I enjoy seeing Cara overrule her.  Veronica was the first to intimidate and dismiss the newer girls, and like it or not, she's now a new girl.

9 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

Can someone fill me in on the cliffhanger?  My DVR cut it off.

Ammo collapsed and the producer was calling for a medic.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Marley said:

Yea not saying it's right to throw out insults like that but everyone made it seem like this huge deal. I kind of felt bad for Jordan in the end tbh. Plus unless I missed something he did not push Aneesa he just barely touched her to move her out of the way. I don't like Aneesa she sucks. Jordan's moustache tho is idiotic.

Hope CT keeps winning. He's still my fave. 

The second heat was embarrassing lol total morons. 

I'm convinced it's fake because it looks exactly like the Raj moustache Tori was wearing and I never saw both of them in the same scene. Also she's lucky Jordan sucks at rap battles or that shit imitation would have been the most offensive thing in this episode.

• Love 1

"Dear Tori: Always nice to see a fan of mine who goes beyond Austin & Garth! Yours, Mike Myers."

I feel a little better about my initial opinion. Jordan crossed a line, but not like he shot as his foot with a nuclear weapon (re: Jeff Varner in the latest season of Survivor). Let the person who has not said something repugnant cast the first insult.

• Love 2

There is a big reason ammo collapsed. The cast explained on twitter after the episode, saying that Ammo was raped last year and had a PTSD episode during the elimination :(

Jordan tweeted out a fund for it.

Team Boston continues to dominate. Love them just demolishing the stacked heat and they are better then me with helping Leroy/Camilla out. And Nelson/V winning was awesome, just to see Tony's plan of trying to give Nelson a crutch is so fucking hilarious. They end up in the best heat and win.

Jordan is....a good competitor, but I would hate living in a house with him.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

There is a big reason ammo collapsed. The cast explained on twitter after the episode, saying that Ammo was raped last year and had a PTSD episode during the elimination :(

Team Boston continues to dominate. Love them just demolishing the stacked heat and they are better then me with helping Leroy/Camilla out. And Nelson/V winning was awesome, just to see Tony's plan of trying to give Nelson a crutch is so fucking hilarious. They end up in the best heat and win.

Oh my god, that's terrible.

Haven't been able to see the ep yet because MTV uploaded tonight's catfish instead of last night's challenge.

3 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Jordan tweeted out a fund for i

Yikes.  That's horrible.  Was he ok with the cast disclosing that? 

• Love 2

Jordan did a wrestling move and body slammed him pretty hard.

He wasn't going to win trying to grab the patches with one hand vs. two.

Seemed like Ammo was stunned but the rough handling may have triggered the PTSD as well.

And blind folded on top of it.

Main challenge was good design though maybe too much favoring strength over agility, which is what you associate with an obstacle course.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Oh my goodness! That is horrifying!  Poor Ammo. 

On a different note...Ammo seems more mellow and less mean than his RW season.  I keep waiting for him to go off on people. 

15 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Is there any way to sympathize with Jordan without looking like a dick? I mean, he crossed a line with Jemmye, but that's about a 7 out of 10 with this show. He's trying to keep up, he's attempting to clear the insult bar, he's probably drunk, and the others are punishing him for that? I am not making excuses for the meathead, but we've heard far worse on BMP shows.

Damn, the guy put on a performance against Ammo. And Ammo was not a slouch, either. As for the cliffhanger? I don't think he was being dramatic, but BMP needs reasons to ramp up the drama.

Mission was a bit of a clusterfuck. Totally knew CT and Cara Maria were safe because they have rapport. The second heat was sad to watch. Not really caring about Marie or Tori, to be honest. And all of this week's bullshit will be forgotten if the teaser about Aneesa and Veronica is true. Aneesa, you already had a sucky time with a Veronica. Why double down? And if that does happen, would the Verantula invite the cameras to film it?

Jemmye said in her TH that had Jordan said what he said and privately/calmly apologized to her afterward, the other women would have moved past it. But he escalated things by pushing Aneesa/Camila and generally being an ass. I'm fine with them taking aim to show him some humility, but now that he's been punished I hope everyone lets it go. And you're right: what Johnny said to Jordan a few seasons ago was just as bad, yet it never had even a fraction of the repercussions. 

Aneesa + Veronica will close the Aneesa/Rachel/Veronica circle, so I find it kind of interesting, especially as a relic of oldschool BMP lore. I've always been an unapologetic Verantula fan, even (or especially) at her meangirl worst. I don't particularly even enjoy that reality TV archetype, but to me Veronica comes across intelligent and pleasantly calculating, even when she's being awful. She's sort of like a curvy Cuban villainess, and I've always dug it. Seeing her win this week was awesome, because it recalls the days where she used to unexpectedly turned out a lot of individual wins in her old seasons.

I've never particularly liked Jemmye, but damn if she isn't really entertaining me this season. She seems to have mellowed in all the right ways, and I think they should cast her every season and give her a pass to the finals just so she can narrate every season for us. Rooting for Cara Maria and CT for the win (obviously), but I'd like to see Veronica and Jemmye at the end just so I can bask in their presence.

Also, random question: why do we hate Nicole? I've always found her pretty likeable and inoffensive, aside from maybe the alien makeup. She's another I wouldn't mind seeing float to the Top 5 or 6.

• Love 2

Dario: "Me and Ammo sitting in a sand pit in Columbia is exactly how I pictured my death."  

Me: Okay, that's your one, Dario.

Jordan crossed the line, but Camilla acting outraged that he brushed past Aneesa?  Sit down, Camilla.  You're just looking for airtime.

Tori, thanks for reinforcing why I don't like you.

Loved seeing CM & CT kicking ass and getting the semi-easy win.

Poor Ammo.

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Dario: "Me and Ammo sitting in a sand pit in Columbia is exactly how I pictured my death."  

To be fair he said that Ammo hasn't worn deodorant since they got there. I don't know if that true or not but being in close contact with someone with crazy bad BO. Yuck. It's the worst.  I'm sure he would have said that about any of the cast if the circumstances were the same. 

I can see how wrestling with a man can cause a panic attack for a rape victim. To bad there wasn't away to give him a different elimination challenge. 

Was Ammo the one that tweeted what happened or was it someone else. I'm sure he will have a talking head about it next week but it feels uncomfortable other people making it public. 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, notcreative enough said:

To be fair he said that Ammo hasn't worn deodorant since they got there. I don't know if that true or not but being in close contact with someone with crazy bad BO. Yuck. It's the worst.  I'm sure he would have said that about any of the cast if the circumstances were the same. 

Sorry, I should have been more specific:  That line was his one time he made me laugh.  Doubt it'll happen again as he isn't that great with the one-liners, during competitions, in the house or in THs.

• Love 4
12 hours ago, CheetaraThunder said:

Word. His moves during the elimination were pretty awesome, especially the backflip or whatever he did. 

3 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Jordan crossed the line, but Camilla acting outraged that he brushed past Aneesa?  Sit down, Camilla.  You're just looking for airtime.

Both of these!!

Does anyone think MTV picked this elimination for Jordan specifically because his disability could've played a role? Maybe I'm giving MTV too much credit in their thinking but I was thinking that while watching it. 

I was wondering what was going on with Ammo...PTSD explains it. I'm surprised he could even finish the elimination if it brought him back to his trauma. Horrifying.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, CheetaraThunder said:

And the whole Jordan issue...basically Veronica posted a big Instagram comment about how he only apologized to save face. And that he was making sexist comments everyday. 

20 minutes ago, Sarah D. Bunting said:

Based on his RW season, that tracks.

I'm not saying Veronica is wrong, but I take what she says with several grains of salt. I know she hasn't done a Challenge in ages (CvP doesn't really count), but why should I trust her when I couldn't in the past?

• Love 3

Yeah but Jordan is the worst. I mean.. most of these people are. Although I do find myself liking Jeyme more. I'm also glad that the show acknowledged their relationship and Knight but like our podcast hosts stated they didn't try to make him into Diem. But he did mean something to Jeyme. But most of these people aren't good people to me.

• Love 2

I have to say I agreed with Jordan when it come to kitchen etiquette. You are grown ass adults clean up after yourselves. I snapped on someone for not replacing a toilet paper roll so I can see myself freaking out on these gross ass people. 

I swear, this show and Big Brother illustrate that common sense housekeeping skills are not high on the list of desirable cast qualities. The houses/kitchens on both shows are trashed fairly quickly and then everyone wonders where the critters come from. 

The challenges this episode reminded me a lot of something they would do on Survivor, but I'm truly thankful that Teej is a much more subtle, chill host than Probst. 

• Love 1

I know I'm supposed to hate Jordan, but honestly, the whole fucking cast really shouldn't be throwing stones at glass houses. Almost all of them (especially the people who were making a bigger deal of it than others) have been despicable at some point or another. Whether or not his apology was genuine (I trust Veronica about as far as I can throw her, and while she may be little, I think I still weigh less than her), he gave one. I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I don't think it was one of those cop-out apologies either, like "I'm sorry *you* got offended by what I said." Believe me, I want to hate Jordan, but.... all these people just suck, all around. Even the "nice" ones. 

And, I said this is last week's thread, but STFU Camila. I hate her damn face, her attitude, her Napoleon complex and her fake accent. 

ETA: I also hate dirty slobs. So, while I'd be smarter than Jordan about how I express my disgust about their slovenly habits, I feel his pain (I still have bad memories of a roomie from college who used all my bowls and plates while being high all the time and leaving the dirty bowls and dishes UNDER HER BED for weeks!!!) Freaking gross. I have a feeling some of these people don't even completely wipe clean their butts. 

Edited by MVFrostsMyPie
  • Love 8

Jordan has always shown himself to be fairly egotistical, sexist and pretentious but I believe his apology was genuine. This also isn't the first time Jemeye has been called out "for being ugly" on these shows so I'm sure that didn't help with her hurt reaction. I wonder how it would've gone down if he had just said "ugly face" or "messed up face" or even "but you still got that face" or something, anything not needlessly insulting people who have Down syndrome. She doesn't even look at all like someone with that syndrome anyway. I wonder why he even thought of that?

19 hours ago, OnceSane said:

Loved seeing CM & CT kicking ass and getting the semi-easy win.

Poor Ammo.

Wow, were you in my head, because I thought they exact same things! Especially about Camila, I cannot stand her.

Jenna, you should have picked CT

On 8/23/2017 at 11:33 AM, OnceSane said:

19 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I know I'm supposed to hate Jordan, but honestly, the whole fucking cast really shouldn't be throwing stones at glass houses. Almost all of them (especially the people who were making a bigger deal of it than others) have been despicable at some point or another. Whether or not his apology was genuine (I trust Veronica about as far as I can throw her, and while she may be little, I think I still weigh less than her), he gave one. I wasn't paying close enough attention, but I don't think it was one of those cop-out apologies either, like "I'm sorry *you* got offended by what I said." Believe me, I want to hate Jordan, but.... all these people just suck, all around. Even the "nice" ones. 

All of this.  I was very taken aback by the sentiment along the lines of, "we have to make a statement that we won't stand for things like this," in regards to this incident when, as many of you have pointed out, many of the people who have been on this show, including current cast members, have done and said worst things in the past.  Was it a dick thing to say?  Yes, but they need to chill with the holier than though bullshit, especially when many of them have have said similar at some point or have not called out their friends for doing the same.

19 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

And, I said this is last week's thread, but STFU Camila. I hate her damn face, her attitude, her Napoleon complex and her fake accent. 

I can't with her, especially when she was talking about how Leroy has never done anything to show he can win.  That may be true, but neither have you bitch!

• Love 5

Look I said it earlier all these people are awful but when Jordan made that comment, NO ONE LAUGHED and I think that speaks volumes, like our podcast hosts said "sometimes cast members will laugh at something that was beyond awful to say and joke about it and then later be like 'Oh I feel bad it was awful' thing" but no one did. And it was awful and yeah.. as a person who is handicapped myself, in insults I would never go there as a joke/insult. Why was that in jordans back pocket? 

• Love 1

This episode was a little strange. Jemmye has appeared to be somewhat of a gossip so I'm sure Jordan didn't like being called out about what he may or may not have done with Kailah. He was probably drunk and I think it's in Jordan's nature to be that way. None of that is excusable for using a disability as an insult, though. What really grinds my gears is people like Aneesa and Veronica getting up on their high horse. What's with Aneesa saying Jordan needed to apologize to everybody? And then Nelson saying Jordan disrespected all the women? Maybe he's thinking that Jordan insulted Jemmye and the women seemed to rally around her, but it's not like the comment was sexist. This is a group of deplorable and despicable people who have no room to judge. They've said sexist and homophobic things before (and done worse), but this is where they draw the line? Again, not excusing Jordan but the hypocrisy was running rampant last night.

• Love 4
On 8/23/2017 at 8:19 PM, sabretooth said:

The challenges this episode reminded me a lot of something they would do on Survivor, but I'm truly thankful that Teej is a much more subtle, chill host than Probst. 

Amen to that!

On 8/22/2017 at 7:41 PM, notcreative enough said:

Poor Ammo he looks like he got wreaked. Not feeling the cliffhanger but at least we got a challenge and part of an elimination in one episode. 

I'm guessing you meant to type "wrecked," but with what Dario said about Ammo not wearing deodorant it looked like a Freudian slip lol.

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, luckyroll3 said:

All of this.  I was very taken aback by the sentiment along the lines of, "we have to make a statement that we won't stand for things like this," in regards to this incident when, as many of you have pointed out, many of the people who have been on this show, including current cast members, have done and said worst things in the past.  Was it a dick thing to say?  Yes, but they need to chill with the holier than though bullshit, especially when many of them have have said similar at some point or have not called out their friends for doing the same.

I can't with her, especially when she was talking about how Leroy has never done anything to show he can win.  That may be true, but neither have you bitch!

Same her.  I know I sound like a broken record but I hate how Camila thinks that she is so great at playing the game.  Especially when nearly every season she does not have a chance of seeing elimination until near the end of the game.  I will say I did think she looked really pretty in her TH segments during the episode though.

I wonder what happened to the little feuds that Johnny used to have with Cara, CT, and Jordan.  It is like none of them are remotely interested in getting him out anymore.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:56 PM, MVFrostsMyPie said:

you just reminded me of a pet peeve I need to rant about.  It drives me NUTS when people try to apologize for something by throwing themselves on the sword proclaiming 'Im so sorry IF I have offended anyone'   IF?  IF??  There's no IF Bitch, Ya said what ya said!  You wouldn't be apologizing if you didn't feel like you offended someone

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Tammee said:

you just reminded me of a pet peeve I need to rant about.  It drives me NUTS when people try to apologize for something by throwing themselves on the sword proclaiming 'Im so sorry IF I have offended anyone'   IF?  IF??  There's no IF Bitch, Ya said what ya said!  You wouldn't be apologizing if you didn't feel like you offended someone

There's a whole website dedicated to calling out inadequate apologies...  SorryWatch

Does Nicole look in the mirror after she applies that...whatever it is she puts all over her face?  It looked like she had white paint all around her eyes and those eyelashes are insane. Does she really think that looks good?!  And since they obviously aren't natural, I can make fun of those lips too.  Holy hell she's very unfortunate looking and it's all her own doing. I paused on her face and she scared me!

Speaking of faces, I know I'm in the minority but I just can not defend anybody who uses "downs syndrome face" as an insult. Drunk or not, I just can't defend it.