Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E18: Out With Abby, In With Chloe - Part 2

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Conclusion. The moms bring in world-renowned choreographer Laurieann Gibson, whose intensity and passion shakes things up at the ALDC. Later, ex-ALDC member Chloe returns to the competition world for the first time in two years to dance against her former teammates.

On ‎8‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 8:58 PM, OnceSane said:

Conclusion. The moms bring in world-renowned choreographer Laurieann Gibson, whose intensity and passion shakes things up at the ALDC. Later, ex-ALDC member Chloe returns to the competition world for the first time in two years to dance against her former teammates.

I missed most of the 1st part! With the animus that was brewing which eventually spilled over at the end, I thought we had gone back 3 or 4 seasons! They gonna blame Abby from her jail cell with Christie coming in there with evil intent? Chloe still a head case I see! The crying and nervousness just makes no sense with all the training she had; which was the same as Maddie's BTW! She may not have been the favorite, but with how hard Abby was on her due to Christie's behavior, she should be a matured and experienced dancer who's been around the world a few times! What did I miss to make it seem like we're in a time-warp where Abby's directing things from behind the scenes? Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part, but I was transported back with those last 2 minutes! It had my jaw dropping! I thought Christie had come back to join her friends not take them down! ;-)

• Love 4

Well I completely understand Chloe's nervousness - first she's been away from dancing for awhile. She has a reputation from the show and is rusting from not having regular workouts and she's at an age where teens are unsure of themselves. No difference than a teen starting at a new school and knowing no one.

• Love 8

Abby is tied to this show even when gone.  She's not going anywhere.  LOL  The people on this show will use her for storylines, sob stories, and for something to talk about.  I understand the dislike, but I would like to move on too.  Yeah, I was shocked with the fighting towards the end of the show, but then I thought the mothers were trying to give me classic Dance Moms.  On to Chloe, one of my first thoughts was her mother should have gotten her some private lessons before going back on TV for dancing.  They knew what to expect so come prepared. I don't think anybody on Dance Moms had similar training to Maddie with Abby.  Remember the detective work the moms did about Maddie's private dancing lessons. LOL  Well I did ponder the crying too because she cried a lot and easily when frustrated.  I reminded myself that she is a child and had empathy for her emotions in those situations.  

Edited by DaisyFields500
  • Love 3

Not a Chloe expert follower,but from posts here, I thought that Chloe was in a competitive dance group. I thought there were pictures on the internet,

she has a lot of things she is involved with Vlogging, occasional roles attending shows, what ever.  I think there are plot lines and real life. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, holly4755 said:

Not a Chloe expert follower,but from posts here, I thought that Chloe was in a competitive dance group. I thought there were pictures on the internet,

she has a lot of things she is involved with Vlogging, occasional roles attending shows, what ever.  I think there are plot lines and real life. 

I think she was in a competitive group after leaving the show, but stopped after awhile because of all the more Hollywood type stuff she was doing. 

3 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I think she was in a competitive group after leaving the show, but stopped after awhile because of all the more Hollywood type stuff she was doing. 

Yes, my understanding is Chloe danced for awhile when she left the ALDC but then she started mostly doing the Hollywood starlet type stuff- a few acting projects, logging, doing little hosting things for teen related content, etc.  I don't think she's danced in a real way, or at least trained in a real way, in a long time.

I stopped watching this show but Chloe coming back and being nervous about competing and dancing with a team when she hasn't trained in a few years make sense.  I'm just surprised as somebody else said that she wouldn't have started training on her own before making her return.

But it's also sometimes hard on kids when they go from being one of the best dancers when little to only a mediocre dancer as they get older.

• Love 1

Sorry but the that group dance was awful and the costumes were worse. Were they from a botched project runway unconventionall challenge? abby may be a beast but I mostly always like her choreography and the costumes. Don't care for miss thang' style. Oh no she's back next week.  I felt bad for Chloe with all that negative Jill energy. give the kid a break. Jill, imo, is the nastiest bitch on this show ever. I cringe every time she's on . And btw Jill you threw the first punch at Chloe and Christie. Actually all these mothers are awful and I ask myself every time, why do I watch this? The answer is I really enjoy watching Kalini and Brynn dance

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, Lady of nod said:

Sorry but the that group dance was awful and the costumes were worse. Were they from a botched project runway unconventionall challenge? abby may be a beast but I mostly always like her choreography and the costumes. Don't care for miss thang' style. Oh no she's back next week.  I felt bad for Chloe with all that negative Jill energy. give the kid a break. Jill, imo, is the nastiest bitch on this show ever

I think Christie is even nastier. What does it do to these kids, watching their parents play these parts, and then feeding their egos when they are half talent hacks. 

I wish Nia would never speak again. What a cocky little mouth when she has minimal talent. Please get a PH.D and find a different career.

Edited by Chewy101
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Although I don't think either Kendall or Nia is a great singer, I was surprised at how much their voices have improved over the last few years.

Autotune. It's a marvelous thing. Anyone willing to expose themselves to social media can now purchase talent. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Chewy101 said:

9 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

Although I don't think either Kendall or Nia is a great singer, I was surprised at how much their voices have improved over the last few years.

Autotune. It's a marvelous thing. Anyone willing to expose themselves to social media can now purchase talent. 

But when they sang in class, they were totally unaccompanied.

• Love 1

My take - the fight - I didn't like it but I don't believe Kendall called Chloe and she was lying. Chloe and Nia have remained friends and continued to communicate. Chloe was Kendall arch rival - they were competing to replace Maddie when she wasn't available. Plus Jill and Christie never got along. I can see Jill saying "Kendall you should call Chloe and see how she's doing" Mind you it's because Jill is nosey - as she cares about no one sticks else but her daughter - I cam see Kendall not calling Chloe as she didn't like her and just telling Jill she tried.

Chloe is still my number 1 girl. I don't think she's full of herself at all - instead the kid doesn't see all she has going for her.

Christi was wrong for the comments before Macie's dance - but I think that was producer driven to put the hate back on Christie. Macie's dance was nothing to write home about - the kid can do much better - with the simple choreography - the kid should have killed it but there were a lot of mistakes and bad technique. I do like Macie - but that dance didn't show what she can really do.

What was Gia doing in the audience with them - I thought she left - the producers better get their act together!

Before Cam's dance you can see how empty that auditorium is - so this was all a set up. Cam's dance another sleeper for me and the costume was a distraction although it's be an awesome Halloween costume!

Nia's dance was OK - but she's done similar dances with Abby.

The singing - Kendall has gotten better but doesn't blow me away - whereas I've heard Nia many times without autotune and she is good.

It would be great if Jill would SHUT UP!!!! No one plays the victim better than Jill or Kendall

I really liked the MDP dance - I've always liked their dances. The ALDC dance - what the heck was that?????? Maybe be a backup dancers routine for GaGa or Katy Perry but it was not good in my opinion.

• Love 6

I think the problem with bringing in these big name choreographers for a dance competition is that competitions have a score sheet and these choreographers don't hit them. I thought all of the solo's were bland. Maeci's was probably the least impressive, Cam's costume was terrible and didn't represent what I think they wanted to, and Nia's was nothing she hasn't done before. 

Christi and Jill's fight wasn't surprising. I'm not even surprised that Christi called Kendall out and I actually believe her. There were comments made in the time after Christi/Chloe's leaving happened and Chloe has always said no one reached out but Nia. That has been their story since the beginning and I've never doubted it. 

• Love 6
7 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

I think the problem with bringing in these big name choreographers for a dance competition is that competitions have a score sheet and these choreographers don't hit them. I thought all of the solo's were bland. Maeci's was probably the least impressive, Cam's costume was terrible and didn't represent what I think they wanted to, and Nia's was nothing she hasn't done before. 

There is a difference between concert (and commercial) dance and competition dance (and different competitions like different things).  I'd guess that those pieces Laurie Ann choreographed were nice pieces of art but they weren't showy leap and turn filled competition pieces. 

• Love 1
On 8/19/2017 at 7:59 PM, lilacs and roses said:

I am not watching the show anymore, as I refuse to support Christi's return.  Looks like the ratings have sunk to an all time low...  can't say I'm surprised.

I agree....I was so glad when Christi and Chloe left the show. I think Christi is a pathetic jerk! I did not watch the 2nd part yet...and I may not!

• Love 4

I'd love to see Laurie Anne preparing the girls for and sending them out to actual commercial auditions, instrad of another season of competitions. And given the results in the past, I assume Laurie Anne's dances lost not due to not understanding competition dance, but that the narrative called for a loss. 

• Love 3
11 hours ago, Loves2Dance said:

Christi and Jill's fight wasn't surprising. I'm not even surprised that Christi called Kendall out and I actually believe her. There were comments made in the time after Christi/Chloe's leaving happened and Chloe has always said no one reached out but Nia. That has been their story since the beginning and I've never doubted it. 

The  solos seemed fine, but that group dance was just weird.  It seemed to be a lot of just wiggling around.

I like Macie, and do think it's fair to claim she was a black sheep, but this is the second time she's forgotten her dance.  Her dancing looked good to me, but I don't think she is used to this show's pace yet, and that's probably why Abby didn't always let her dance.

I believe Christi/Chloe about Kendall not calling too. But I think she lied because that was the show's narrative after Chloe left....she abandoned the team and didn't talk to anyone. So now the show can't say they were lying and all stayed friends.

All the ALDC costuming in this episode was horrible.  Nia's enormous purple blanket dress was a size too big, a foot too long and the fabric just glomped around her. Camryn in the gross anatomical spandex. And what were the mini's supposed to be? Like, demented pet rats. LOL I didn't get it?

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

If all the competitions are fixed including this week's, I'm surprised the producers would go with a narrative where Laurieann loses. We know they hate Abby. Why wouldn't they take the chance to make it look like the girls are far better off without her? 

Edited by taragel
  • Love 2
31 minutes ago, taragel said:

If all the competitions are fixed including this week's, I'm surprised the producers would go with a narrative where Laurieann loses. We know they hate Abby. Why wouldn't they take the chance to make it look like the girls are far better off without her? 

Either because they know Laurieann won't be sticking around and they want to set up she isn't right for it, or they really wanted to push a storyline of Chloe beating her old team.

Is Abby going to appear in anymore episodes or was her good-bye really it? I thought there was another big blow up with her and the moms.

One thing that sticks out to me is how much more mature the 13 year old kids are than their moms . It's really amazing how even with their loud mouth mothers screaming and acting nuts all these years , they all seemed to turn out well . ( Kendall is bratty but considering Jill is her mother she turned out ok )

is this confirmed to be the last season of the show or is it still up in the air? 

• Love 2

Watched these past two episodes after a long hiatus.   Wow have girls like Nia, Kendall and Chloe way outgrown the premise of this show - they look like women who could pass for 30 years old if they wanted to but they still have these crazy moms hovering around them like they are 8 years old.

Their dancing is awful and the result of years and years of valuing turning and tricks over real technique.   Their movements are heavy and clunky and most of them, including Kahlani, just look out of shape (not heavy, just not fit looking) - I guess whatever "training" it is that they do doesn't involve any significant conditioning.

Christi is a shrew and clearly thinks her and Chloe are still the stars of the show.   Like everyone should just bow down before her even though none of those girls or moms were part of the original cast except for Nia and Holly.

I am done watching again as I have seen enough after two episodes - maybe if they bring back Paige and Brooke for a few shows I'll tune in to see how they are doing - I always liked them the most of the original cast anyways.

• Love 4

Augh! I absolutely still can not stand that witch Christi. She comes out mouth guns blazing, and everyone else is to blame. Jill is not my favorite person most definitely, but Christi is just plain a nasty nutjob. She incites me to strings of expletives and ruins everything.

• Love 3
On 8/24/2017 at 8:59 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

One thing that sticks out to me is how much more mature the 13 year old kids are than their moms . It's really amazing how even with their loud mouth mothers screaming and acting nuts all these years , they all seemed to turn out well . ( Kendall is bratty but considering Jill is her mother she turned out ok )

Well, the premise of the show was to have the mothers make asses out of themselves. The kids get a clean edit because it isn't about them. That is also why the kids aren't that good. Their moms auditioned for the show, not the kids. The kids got a free ride of over exposure.

23 hours ago, MyFavShows said:

Their dancing is awful and the result of years and years of valuing turning and tricks over real technique.   Their movements are heavy and clunky and most of them, including Kahlani, just look out of shape (not heavy, just not fit looking) - I guess whatever "training" it is that they do doesn't involve any significant conditioning.

Agree. The reality is dancers need a certain body type and none of these girls fit. It's distracting.

On 8/23/2017 at 10:12 PM, taragel said:

The winners are not fixed so much as the competition is "fixed". They usually compete with with little competition.  MDP was much better and a typical competition dance. The best dancers front and center. Lots of turns. Dancers in sync. No little kids foolishly running around  

None of Lauriean's choreography was impressive.  That was the worst I've ever seen that team. Abby choreographed to their strengths, lauriean tried to be edgy without regard to the dancers. And as for Laurie Ann trying to blame the judges, that's ridiculous .  Those judges are professionals and her choreography wasn't so unique, it just wasn't good  

Kristi needs to stop bragging about Chloe winning because they put Chloe in the back as far away from the judges eyes as possible. 

Edited by Lemons
  • Love 5
On 8/25/2017 at 4:22 PM, Chewy101 said:

Well, the premise of the show was to have the mothers make asses out of themselves. The kids get a clean edit because it isn't about them. That is also why the kids aren't that good. Their moms auditioned for the show, not the kids. The kids got a free ride of over exposure.

Agree. The reality is dancers need a certain body type and none of these girls fit. It's distracting.

Yea kalani doesn't really have a dancers body . You'd think she'd be ripped with the amount of dancing thru supposedly do 

Kealani always looks so miserable and bitter that I have actually wondered over the past few shows whether she has not been subtly (or maybe not so subtly) passive-aggressively trying to work her way out of this situation by not being in the kind of shape she should be in ... It seems that her dancing has devolved in direct relation to her figure. 

I don't mean this to sound judgy. I just noticed that she had been really good and strong and hard-bodied, and now she seems to be kind of "over it" and logy (sp?) and flumpy.

I bet given the choice (which judging by her horrible mother she is not), she'd rather be doing anything than dancing right now. Maybe she just needs a break or to be out of the spotlight (which I'm sure Kira would not allow unless she actually got booted off the show). 

• Love 3

I want the PrevTV folks to do a real in-depth podcast with the Collins Avenue team (producers of this show.) I want to know all the machinations of what goes on behind the scenes and what their goals are with story editing. Spill that Tea, Dance Moms producers!

• Love 1
Just now, Chewy101 said:

It depends on the style of dance. I think Brynns body type and lines do fit what I've seen in the YAGP circuit. 

• Love 2
On 8/30/2017 at 8:39 AM, Venee said:

I think Brynns body type and lines do fit what I've seen in the YAGP circuit

True. I like Brynn's body, but she doesn't do much so I forgot about her. She reminds of how Chloe and Paige looked back in the day. Now Chloe looks like a Clydesdale.

8 hours ago, Chewy101 said:

True. I like Brynn's body, but she doesn't do much so I forgot about her. She reminds of how Chloe and Paige looked back in the day. Now Chloe looks like a Clydesdale.

Brynn is a late bloomer. Hopefully she doesn't take after her mother. 

On 8/26/2017 at 7:12 PM, Jaclyn88 said:

Yea kalani doesn't really have a dancers body . You'd think she'd be ripped with the amount of dancing thru supposedly do 

Maddie seems to be the only on with the look of someone who,dances a lot. And I'm not sure she dances or how much. 

On 9/3/2017 at 5:06 AM, Chewy101 said:

That's a prepubescent body.  She is a late bloomer and time will tell if she becomes her mother or not. It's got to be tough when people admire their "dancer" bodies when they are 11 and 12 years old and haven't developed yet. They will grow up to be women and most develop curves. 

• Love 5
On 9/17/2017 at 0:15 PM, Lemons said:

On 9/3/2017 at 4:06 AM, Chewy101 said:

That's a prepubescent body.  She is a late bloomer and time will tell if she becomes her mother or not. It's got to be tough when people admire their "dancer" bodies when they are 11 and 12 years old and haven't developed yet. They will grow up to be women and most develop curves. 

Then they can become accountants or something. Brutal as it is, there are very few dancers who have the stage presence and dynamic to compensate for bad lines and the wrong body type. Chloe is painful to watch these days, as is Nia.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, Chewy101 said:

Then they can become accountants or something. Brutal as it is, there are very few dancers who have the stage presence and dynamic to compensate for bad lines and the wrong body type. Chloe is painful to watch these days, as is Nia.

There are too many dancers that have it all to make room for such flawed dancers. 

I have a feeling that mda dance team wore baggy clothes to hide Chloe's poor technique. That dance teacher was never one to cover up her dancers and hide their lines. 

• Love 2
On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:15 PM, Lemons said:

A prepubescent body or a ballet body - at least until Misty Copeland showed the world that muscles and breasts don't detract from a ballerina.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

A prepubescent body or a ballet body - at least until Misty Copeland showed the world that muscles and breasts don't detract from a ballerina.

They are definitely getting better.  It used to be if you didn't keep the body of a 12 year old you wouldn't get far.  Misty Copeland has a ballet body with muscles.  She still has those legs and feet of a ballet dancer.  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lemons said:

They are definitely getting better.  It used to be if you didn't keep the body of a 12 year old you wouldn't get far.  Misty Copeland has a ballet body with muscles.  She still has those legs and feet of a ballet dancer.  

And a great role model for young dancers - body acceptance and strength.  Plus the energy Misty must have compared to an emaciated waif.  She's gorgeous.

• Love 2

I don't see any of these girls becoming ballerina's---even Brynn. There is plenty of room for dancers who look like them---look at commercials, tours, and even Broadway. There is so much more to the dance world than being a prima ballerina. I think it's entirely inappropriate for a grown-adult to say they like "Brynn's body" but "Chloe is a Clydesdale"; it's creepy. 

• Love 9