Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E03: Finals

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Lauren is my new favorite, and Gina. Girls can dance! 

I really hope Lacey tries out again.  I really liked her. I hope the comments about her body don't turn her off, I thought she looked great. 

Poor Holly. But there is seriously no question that she can dance. I'm so interested to see this season with her. 

• Love 5

Still really don't understand why poor heather was cut. You can see Heather O. Bolt towards her after they announced everyone's names... that was so sad.

And LOL after Tasha said "let's go eat some pizza and ice cream." My husband was like "GIRL YOU BETTER WATCH YOURSELF and dat waistline!!" Died laughing!! 

• Love 20

The producers might get whiplash reading the comments tonight!

"Not enough time is shown at prelims, semi-finals and finals, I want to see more solo performances"

"Too much time was spent, the episodes have  dragged" 

Make up your mind people. ?

I personally liked the more detailed looks at the solos and interviews and getting to see more of the girls who are trying out, from the very first day.

• Love 21
46 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

Yuko is still cute. Continue to sue me, lol. 

Calling her "Maddie" isn't going to help with making her less cute this season. With hat said, I love her.

FANTASTIC CUT BEFORE A COMMERICAL. 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS CERSTEN. I'm SHOOK.

I want to see Cersten's whole routine, without the jumpy editing. From what little they showed, her routine was so fresh and unusual!

• Love 11
1 minute ago, Amd09 said:

I really hope Lacey tries out again.  I really liked her. I hope the comments about her body don't turn her off, I thought she looked great. 

My problem with Lacey wasn't her body... but her "50 Shades of Grey" answer. Such a face palm moment lol... like c'mon.. have you ever watched this show or know anything about DCC. Say "The Bible." 

But props for her honesty I guess lol  

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, Ferniesfreckles said:

The producers might get whiplash reading the comments tonight!

"Not enough time is shown at prelims, semi-finals and finals, I want to see more solo performances"

"Too much time was spent, the episodes have  dragged" 

Make up your mind people. ?

I personally liked the more detailed looks at the solos and interviews and getting to see more of the girls who are trying out, from the very first day.

Personally I liked an extended season but not at the beginning. Making the first and second rounds their own separate episodes for the first time this season did seem long. For 11 years it felt like the perfect format. I guess the majority didn't feel that way like I did. 

ETA the timing wasn't the issue, just what they chose to air. More substance, less fluff. 

Edited by LaurelleJ
  • Love 1

Was that ASHTON TORRES in the preview for next week?! How awesome! Seems they are listening and bringing back amazing vets to help with the mentoring, so maybe finally peeps will lay off Melissa R for a bit at least. I personally like Melissa, but I am excited to see Ashton too! 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

If I were Katelyn I'd be pissed, only negative thing they had to say was "let's change her hair" but Tasha who can't put her shoe on the right foot and has a weight issue made it over her. 

Somehow, I missed that Katelyn didn't make it to training camp. Her dancing was so much better than some of girls who made it. I was really rooting for her. 

• Love 18
20 minutes ago, Cheerio34 said:

Dayton seems extremely immature... sorry not sorry. Not only did she absolutely bomb her interview but she seemed as they say "disinterested." 

When Kalyssa said she didn't know who the First Lady was they came back with crazy hard questions like "who is the XYZ of the FBI..." didn't even know what they asked her lol! 

When Dayton said she didn't know... "what are some patriotic songs that you think represent our country?"  Okay nvm what else can we ask... "Did you vote?" Okay nvm maybe she's not old enough.... "how old are you?" 

You cant blame nerves for not voting. 

Just screaming at the TV, "the national anthem!" It's only sang before every sporting event ever. I think I would have lied and said I had voted ? It's an interview for AMERICA'S TEAM

• Love 14

Katelyn reminded me of Halloween. Too dark hair, not a flattering cut, and otherwise not memorable.

Did Raylee stop at all for the camera? Heather's kick line mistake was kind of jarring. Don't mess up the signature move! Which doesn't explain Briana making it.

Oh Holly, nice recovery. I'd have run off sobbing. 

Tasha, not the brightest bulb in the group. Good thing she's pretty. Now put down the pizza honey. And that lipstick.

• Love 6

1. I don't understand how Katelyn the LSU tiger girl didn't make it. She was a beautiful dancer all around.... fix her hair. 

2. Tasha should've been cut. She bombed her interview and her waistline. No. You go home and eat chicken and carrots, not pizza and ice cream. ?

3. I do not understand why Heather was cut. Or even Raylee. Huh? 

4. Cersten. Damn girl. You killed it. She's my new favorite. 

5. Allie getting cut is not a surprise. 

6. Kalyssa.... I'm not a fan. At all. Jets girls are awesome. Gina is awesome. 

7. Alexandra needs to find a new dream. 

• Love 8

Charlotte and Kelly must have new wardrobe advisors.  They both looked stunning.

I think each judge adds something different to the panel and allows for different perspectives.

Jenn really does have great leadership abilities.  

Kitty looked pretty good too.

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, KYwildcat said:

Just screaming at the TV, "the national anthem!" It's only sang before every sporting event ever. I think I would have lied and said I had voted ? It's an interview for AMERICA'S TEAM

National Anthem.... America the Beautiful... God Bless America..... Proud To Be An American....Maybe even some "Independence Day xx Martina McBride or All-American Girl by Carrie... give a little wink and say shout out CMT." 

Or there's always American Idiot by Green Day.... "Don't want to be an American Idiot" #wompwomp 

Edited by Cheerio34
  • Love 8

Oh Dayton. There is a lot of room for improvement. She has some work to do in order to come back stronger next year- I hope she does. I'll be rooting for her! Seeing Shelly cry when she didn't make it broke my heart. I'm a mom of two girls. I get it.  

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Christina is not any better.  Still boring, and still making excuses for her kicks.

Lacey crying, and her father crying with her, broke my heart.  I don’t think she’s ever going to get there after hearing the comments made about her build.  It’s a shame – I really liked her.

My feelings about Christina are well enough known, but I'm gonna say yep yep yep to you anyway! If they called out her kicks AGAIN during auditions why the frank bring her into camp? The hair is cute but not that damn cute.

Especially when there is LACEY! Oh my gosh I cried right along with her. I'm spoiled for the season but apparently didn't register most rookies in my brain bc I legit cried ???

14 minutes ago, MelissaMinion said:

Somehow, I missed that Katelyn didn't make it to training camp. Her dancing was so much better than some of girls who made it. I was really rooting for her. 

I missed that too!! Did she not get a goodbye interview? I don't get it. Hair is the easiest thing in the world to fix and she has such a pretty face and glorious kicks. I feel like she wasn't in this last episode at all. 

• Love 10

Holly in the kick line reminded me of the scene in A Chorus Line (if anyone remembers that!) where the woman who used to be a star performer couldn't fit in with the chorus line because her kicks were higher and her other moves too precise.  Girl was over-compensating for the wardrobe malfunction.

• Love 9
10 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I think each judge adds something different to the panel and allows for different perspectives.

I wish I could watch the entire judges' deliberation--every second of it.  I find it fascinating.   I like seeing everyone's different opinion.  I was so disappointed they didn't show them talking about Holly's mishap.

• Love 10
3 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

Holly in the kick line reminded me of the scene in A Chorus Line (if anyone remembers that!) where the woman who used to be a star performer couldn't fit in with the chorus line because her kicks were higher and her other moves too precise.  Girl was over-compensating for the wardrobe malfunction.

Is that the dance 10 looks 2 song

i can't believe LSU didn't make it. She's gorgeous and a good dancer all they had to do was fix her hair

Edited by beachespeaches
  • Love 7

Can I just say how much I heart Kristi Scales? She has such a good heart. I swear she would throw herself right off a cliff before she would cut a veteran. Heart of gold, that one. 

The vet cuts were just weird tonight too. Lots and lots of smiles, smirking, etc. Allie was probably like dammit, should have "retired" last minute like Mandy when I got that weight loss talk. Raylee is disappointing but hopefully she's happy with the Mavs!

• Love 18

I wish they would have mentioned why they kept Tasha, but not the other 3 since the comments seemed to be similar for them all (weight gain, didn't bring their a-game, no improvement from last year, interview, etc). What was it that saved her but not the others?

I felt really sorry for Dayton. It is obvious that she is a very talented dancer/performer. It is also obvious that she was insanely nervous, and considering the circumstances, that's completely understandable. I think she knew a song, just totally blanked on the name due to nerves. She probably could have sang it to them on the spot but couldn't spit out the name that quickly under that pressure. I also give her a pass for not voting. She's 19. At 19, I couldn't have cared less about politics. That being said, I've voted in every election since I turned 18, but this past November was the first time I genuinely considered NOT voting, giving the options we had to choose from. Yeah, I totally give her a pass for not voting. 

Briana is a nervous wreck as well, but I was not impressed at all with her solo. Combined with her bad kicks, I don't understand how she made it to training camp. She seems very sweet and very polite. 

• Love 6

I have to admit the first year Maddie tried out and made it to training camp, I was not a fan at all. Even last year when she tried out and made the team and there was Maddie love all over this forum, I still didn't get it. I have no idea what changed for me between last season and this season, but now I get the Maddie love and was so happy when Kelli said that was one of her favorite veteran solos.

• Love 3

I was actually bothered they showed Holly's costume malfunction--there's no need to humiliate someone like that on national TV, especially when they get so much crap for "risqué" photos. Granted, accidents compared to questionable modeling and weekend lifestyles are not the same thing at all. But I still feel like CMT is violating them in some way. This is going to be a YouTube mess. Poor Holly. All they had to do was mention it in a talking head and keep moving. No need to show America's Sweetheart have a total FML moment. So sad! 

• Love 11
18 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Oh Dayton. There is a lot of room for improvement. She has some work to do in order to come back stronger next year- I hope she does. I'll be rooting for her! Seeing Shelly cry when she didn't make it broke my heart. I'm a mom of two girls. I get it.  

When then showed Shelly crying I thought 'She would be in tears if Dayton DID make it'.  Either way it had to be an incredibly emotional time for her.

• Love 5
15 minutes ago, kalibean said:

My feelings about Christina are well enough known, but I'm gonna say yep yep yep to you anyway! If they called out her kicks AGAIN during auditions why the frank bring her into camp? The hair is cute but not that damn cute.

Especially when there is LACEY! Oh my gosh I cried right along with her. I'm spoiled for the season but apparently didn't register most rookies in my brain bc I legit cried ???

I missed that too!! Did she not get a goodbye interview? I don't get it. Hair is the easiest thing in the world to fix and she has such a pretty face and glorious kicks. I feel like she wasn't in this last episode at all. 

What kills me for Lacey is she's fit. They called her "masculine". She clearly makes fitness a priority, yet so many of the vets are soft. She's still very pretty and men would still be attracted to her. The Cowboys blouse would have hidden a lot of that. A summer of dancing and less lifting may have toned it down. It's like they are saying be fit, but not too fit... those comments bugged me. 

• Love 24
8 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

When then showed Shelly crying I thought 'She would be in tears if Dayton DID make it'.  Either way it had to be an incredibly emotional time for her.

It's very difficult to see your children hurting. It's the worst. We mothers love happy tears!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, LadyMsJay said:

I honestly think Allie wasn't selected because of her body. 

She shouldn't have made it last year for that same reason...she may have been a little heavier this year, but she does not have a DCC figure regardless of her weight. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Cappuccinagina said:

I was actually bothered they showed Holly's costume malfunction--there's no need to humiliate someone like that on national TV, especially when they get so much crap for "risqué" photos. Granted, accidents compared to questionable modeling and weekend lifestyles are not the same thing at all. But I still feel like CMT is violating them in some way. This is going to be a YouTube mess. Poor Holly. All they had to do was mention it in a talking head and keep moving. No need to show America's Sweetheart have a total FML moment. So sad! 

Honestly she handled it like a PRO! Didn't show any face until after she got off stage. If anything it impresses me more about her ability to perform. 

I obviously feel for her because it must have been humiliating in the moment. Thankfully it happened towards the end. 

• Love 16

I have nothing against Tasha , but she just underperformed compared to some of the others that were not invited to camp.  Very confusing.

38 minutes ago, missmansfield said:

Agree with you.  She has so much potential,  she just needs some time to mature.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, sugarplum said:

I wish they would have mentioned why they kept Tasha, but not the other 3 since the comments seemed to be similar for them all (weight gain, didn't bring their a-game, no improvement from last year, interview, etc). What was it that saved her but not the others?

I wish they would explain this too. Kelli and Judy do this every. single. season. The double standard is very annoying. I wish they would just be honest and say X brings more to the table than Z, whether it's looks or personality or dancing or whatever. I wonder if they even realize how it comes across to the fans when they do that. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, KYwildcat said:

What kills me for Lacey is she's fit. They called her "masculine". She clearly makes fitness a priority, yet so many of the vets are soft. She's still very pretty and men would still be attracted to her. The Cowboys blouse would have hidden a lot of that. A summer of dancing and less lifting may have toned it down. It's like they are saying be fit, but not too fit... those comments bugged me. 

They called Lacey masculine but at the same time they were envious of Lauren's abdominal six-pack.  I'm new to this show, but I've binge-watched seasons 2 - 11 and every season I've been left with "What the hell were they thinking?" moments.  This was that moment.

Poor Holly and her wardrobe malfunction. 

Edited by SimplePleasures
Correct an oops!
  • Love 15

I don't get what's wrong with Lacey's  body? I know opinions differ a lot about appearance, but I definitely did not see her as masculine. I would have loved to see her inn training camp, she is one of my favorites this year... I also don't understand why Katelynn didn't make it. 

Kalyssa sure got a lot of screen time again. She is pretty and can dance, but I would have liked to see more of the other girls during tryouts than so much of her. I feel like she is all about promoting herself and it'll be interesting to see what she's like in training camp or if she really is a team player if she makes the squad. She definitely likes getting a lot of attention.

Gina was one of my favorites before the show started, now I'm not so sure. She is a great dancer, but I feel like she also kind of has this vibe like she's trying to get some spotlight by being a DCC to further her career. But it would be really unfair to judge her based on the 5 minutes of screen time she got, so I'll wait...

I wasn't a fan of Alexandria, but after this episode I do like her more, she did seem genuine and definitely everything they look for in a DCC.

I still don't understand the Heather cut. Sure, her mistake in the kick line was bad, but she seemed to recover and she seemed to have proven that she deserved to be on the team during the season, so it seems harsh to cut her. But who knows what really made them cut her, maybe there were more mistakes. Raylee got outdanced. I can understand that. she never stood out enough to me the year she made it and I don't think she changed much, but she did seem to become more glamorous and all over time, maybe just not fast enough. Allie did not look great, she had it tough to begin with with her bodytype. Tasha probably made it back because of her overall look. Say what you want about her, but she is stunning. 

Poor Dayton did not have the best final audition. But she has all the qualities to come back stronger next year.

I don't get the Brianna love, she would not have been my choice. Her kicks are bad, especially for someone who wanted to be a Rockette. She needs a makeover and she doesn't show much personality. And I'm not going to give her a pass for her young age, as other girls audition at 18 and bring more of everything to the table, in my opinion.  

Holly is a pro and handled her malfunction really well. She came across as really mature.

I loved what we could see of Cerstens solo! It looked like so much fun! 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, Cheerio34 said:

Still really don't understand why poor heather was cut. You can see Heather O. Bolt towards her after they announced everyone's names... that was so sad.

And LOL after Tasha said "let's go eat some pizza and ice cream." My husband was like "GIRL YOU BETTER WATCH YOURSELF and dat waistline!!" Died laughing!! 

I don't understand Heather getting cut, either. I'm sad for her. I don't understand Briana making it to TC as well. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, tajalexander said:

I liked Yuko doing the combination. Sue me.

I agree.  I just thought she brought something fun and fresh to it,  Gotta give her credit.

7 hours ago, tajalexander said:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS CERSTEN. I'm SHOOK.

That was SO NICE to see a big section of Cersten's dance, plus her last season before medschool it just was something special to witness.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

Holly, I died with you. How. Freaking. EMBARRASSING OMG POOR HOLLY

Yes, this was difficult and you could tell how upset she was.  I felt for her.  I still think she could have refrained from cursing on camera.  It's not very becoming.

6 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

I'm still mad about them not taking Rayle over Tasha/Christina/Brianna, Raylee may have been "boring" but to me that's less of an offense than bad kicks, weight, and a bad interview. 

Raylee has been kind of blend and neutral, but I thought Tasha had a number of strikes.  She got in because of her face... and hopefully they will make weight issue clear.  I think they do always let a few weak ones in because of media appeal.

6 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Kelsey’s green dress at interviews was GORGEOUS.  I’m so glad that she made a joke out of “50-yard line” and they didn’t show the previous clips ad nauseam.  And the few seconds we saw of her solo….wow!

Yes, I love that dress.  And I loved her poking fun at herself and then commanding the interiew.  She came across as an experienced vet.  You go Kelsey!

• Love 7

I loved the hairdresser's comments this year.  Some years they would film his head as a contributor but we would never hear his comments so it was nice for him to pipe in when it was a simple styling or makeup issue.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Cheerio34 said:

National Anthem.... America the Beautiful... God Bless America..... Proud To Be An American....Maybe even some "Independence Day xx Martina McBride or All-American Girl by Carrie... give a little wink and say shout out CMT." 

1 minute ago, Mardo2044 said:
6 hours ago, Cheerio34 said:

Insert every third country music song on the radio.  Any will do.  I feel for her because clearly she had a blackout moment.  Highschoolers do not have alot of interview moments/opportunities compared to girls who have gone through a number of job interviews.  So this is definitely something that should be practiced and rehearsed. I worked with my daughter when she was going to interview for a library internship and I was surprised at how much help she needed in this area because she normally speaks well and represents herself well.  This is a skill that can be developed with some practice.

• Love 2

Tasha made it because she is so gorgeous and photogenic. Kelli already mentioned how photogenic she is and I think that's why she made it. Otherwise, I don't think she'd make it. If you didn't know Sean Spicer, then you must not have been paying attention to the news AT All and Kelli has made it clear that they have to know current events.

Kalyssa's interview flub was not as bad as it seemed in the preview. Although cmon girl, the first First Lady was Martha Washington duh LMAO

Daytons interview was bad (sorry to her mom). She didn't have good presence in the room and didn't have good answers. At least Tasha was more energetic in her bad answer lol.

still not really clear why Heather was cut.

• Love 7

Okay - I was actually very underwhelmed by this episode.  Has to be one of the least-talented auditioning/returning vet classes in a long time IMO. 

Brianna has good technique and placement, but lacks flexibility in her legs.  Personality wise she seems very reserved and timid.  Think she made it into TC cause she is beautiful and cried in her interview, and they are optimistic they can fix her kicks.

Christina - ugh!   Poor kicks still, boring/clunky/powerless dancing, and still crying and whining in interviews.  How on earth did she make it to TC - because of her shorter hair?

I'm not impressed w/ Lauren w/ the overly done looking hair.   Her hair is so bad it almost reminds me of 80's hair - I hope the stylists can fix it.  But I'm still not sure she has the DCC look beyond her hair - like her body is too muscular IMO.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but I was not impressed w/ Certsten's solo - a lot of gyrating and energy, yes, but her technique was just average and her flexibility not the best.  I just expected a lot more.   Not a fan of her soccer mom hair either.

I dunno - just when you compare the level of dancing in this show to the last 3-4 years, I just think no one wow-ed me or stood out.  Even that two second clip of Erica was a lot better than all those new girls and Jenna and Cersten, and Holly was doing great until her top came off - but overall they just don't have the talent they had in previous seasons.  I  guess it opens the door for more mediocre people to make SG this year though cause the bar is much lower.

That whole interview scene w/ Kalyssa was weird - so they ask her who is the First Lady and she doesn't know, then they ask her who the president is and she says trump, then they ask her the FBI director and she knows the name of the guy who was fired (not sure he still would have been the director at that time, but who knows)... Then when they call her out for not knowing the First Lady when she knew Comey, she said she thought they meant the first First Lady?   Then why didn't she answer George Washington to the president question?  It just doesn't make sense.   Regardless, w/ the lack of good candidates this year she's got to be a shoe in due to her looks and figure alone - so I don't think she has much to worry about...

Weird about Heather H. - besides for that wrong way kick thing, what was the reasoning behind cutting her?   But then they keep Tasha after a bad interview and weight issues?   Raylee and Ally seemed to be more justified.   Raylee is so young - remember how she came right out of high school and here she is already cut from DCC at only 20 years old.

Oh well, that's all for now.  This whole episode just seemed really rushed and just wasn't as good as it usually is IMO.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 3

The time they spent on Anthony Ramos could have been spent showing more solos or Moreno judges deliberations. That's what I mean about wanting more show. Don't make it longer just for the sake of making it longer. 

• Love 8