Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Week 2, Night 2

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, lizajane said:

I have been thinking Wells' motivation for doing this is not to find a mate, but to broaden his career.

Agreed . Between his season on the bachelorette , last season on BIP, He doesn't seem like he cares to date anyone . From what I hear he's really trying to build his career 

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I hate to see Lacey wandering around, flapping her little arms around in despair and I wish she would just summon up some dignity and just get the hell out of there.

She seems like a nice person. She's pretty in a non-threatening way. If she didn't reek of desperation she would have no problem finding a guy. It's so sad, seeing women like her, who could get what they want if they just didn't push so hard to get it. She'll probably end up settling for the first jerk who says yes and will end up hating her life but afraid to leave because being alone is apparently the single worst thing that could ever happen to her. 

Desperation is never a good look on anyone. 

• Love 13

When watching BIP, I realize that I appreciate how early the Bachelor(s) or Bachelorette(s) cut some of these contestants.  Lacey is a prime example of this.  She was cut early and her neediness while on BIP show why Nick cut her so early.  Her desperation is also combined with entitlement which just amplifies it.  Telling the men that she only wanted to take someone who would be romantic with her rather than going and seeing if anything developed ("I want it, and I want it now!!!").  She was also tearing up about not getting a date card and how she 'deserved it' while the majority of people there still haven't received date cards.  

When Taylor went to talk to Lacey, she made an interesting statement-something along the lines of nobody else would go talk to Lacey, which I think is actually right.  If she's complaining the whole time about nobody being interested in her, nobody wants to hear and nobody will be interested in her.

I agree with others that the events surrounding this season as well as the break in filming have contributed to the boring feel of this season.  I also think that people socializing during the break lessened the appeal of some of the participants.  And, as someone above mentioned (sorry, I forgot who wrote it), why would any of these men risk a similar scenario to what DeMario has experienced?  Not worth it.

I believe that DeMario's special sit-down with Chris Harrison as well as the talk that he may be on Dancing With the Stars is part of a settlement that ABC (or production company) made with him so that he would be initiate a lawsuit against them.  I had read on CNN.com (and posted in the Media Thread) that DeMario was invited and agreed to an interview and then Corrine quickly agreed to come back for an interview once she heard DeMario was getting one.

This season is a snooze...but, of course, I will keep watching...

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I was actually beginning to wonder if Diggy was in the closet.

Yes, he's in the closet trying to figure which of his 300 pair of shoes to wear!

As for the "Scandal" studio shows I'd said too that having them both "Tell Their Side" just reeks of court settlement.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Wells as the next Bachelor?!  Gosh I just dont see it.  He's omega man not alpha.  He's everyone's buddy.  Ben Z. would be a better choice than Wells but I'm still hoping for Peter.   Good grief could the show make Lacey look more like a sad sack?!  Her editing is just pitiful.

Can you imagine how her parents must feel watching this - perhaps having high hopes for their daughter - only to see how no one is interested in her?  So sad...

• Love 3

I agree that the show has made this all about Demario and Corinne while ignoring it was started by their employee! I mean the least Chris could have done was ask Demario some basics like, "was Corinne slurring or stumbling? Did you ever wonder if she was able to give consent?" 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

When Taylor went to talk to Lacey, she made an interesting statement-something along the lines of nobody else would go talk to Lacey, which I think is actually right.  If she's complaining the whole time about nobody being interested in her, nobody wants to hear and nobody will be interested in her.

I think that what she meant was that no one else was going to go over and make Lacey feel even worse than she already did.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Right. Remember what they did poor 'ol Ryan Putz, the PA who hooked up with a booted contestant and then jumped off her balcony when caught, breaking both of his ankles? The show did an awesome re-enactment and then made him say on camera at the hospital, "Yes, I'm a Putz!"

The LEAST they could have done is give us a re-enactment with different staff playing the roles of each player--or if it's truly too risqué: show us on the doll where he touched you. And, well, okay, workplace harassment whistleblowers by law cannot be retaliated against, so maybe they can't give her the Putz Treatment.

Thank you for bringing this up. If any of you newcomers to BIP are interested, here is the link to the famous reenactment (complete with dummy falling off the balcony with sound effects). What was awesome about it is that it was folded into the show, back in the golden,  "anything goes" days of BIP.  Gotta hand it to Chris Harrison who did not even crack a smile during this. 

• Love 6
On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:52 PM, Ohwell said:

This crap is so stupid and fake but I can't help it, I love it!  

Lacey should have gotten a tan before the show because she's skinny and pale.

Not everybody can get a tan.   Some of us pale people will burn, blister, peel, and freckle, but never tan.  

Now that thick black eyeliner that she wears UNDER her eyes, I take issue with.  Not a good look. 

I have no idea what it is about Evan that elicits it, but every time he talks I feel uncomfortably embarrassed for him.  

The whole Demario/Corrine thing -  either show us the tape so we can decide for ourselves, or shut up about it.   I'm bored with it.  

Coming up, CH interviews Demario for  "the real story of what happened that caused BiP to shut down."  OK -  so, what do we get?  Don't believe the stories in the magazines, Demario and Corinne hooked up, and everybody was fine with it, there were no issues at all.  But somebody said something and then production shut the show down.  But it was all over nothing, nothing happened, it's all good, we swear.   We shut down production, sent people home, but there was nothing at all wrong.  

uh huh.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, backformore said:

Coming up, CH interviews Demario for  "the real story of what happened that caused BiP to shut down."  OK -  so, what do we get?  Don't believe the stories in the magazines, Demario and Corinne hooked up, and everybody was fine with it, there were no issues at all.  But somebody said something and then production shut the show down.  But it was all over nothing, nothing happened, it's all good, we swear.   We shut down production, sent people home, but there was nothing at all wrong.  

That's 99% of the story. The other 1% has something to do with Corinne's producer from the Bachelor who instigated the reports thinking she was doing Corinne a favor because Corinne didn't want her boyfriend to find out what went down in Paradise. This is why after the show declared nothing wrong happened, Corinne's "team" insisted on conducting their own investigation. Why? If nothing bad happened, and you/Demario are on the same page, why declare yourself a "victim" and prolong an ill-founded investigation. Trying to save face Corinne? Instead of staying quiet for weeks on end, SPEAK UP!  Tell the media the producer was mistaken (obviously) and you're fine with the way things went down. But no-o-o-o, you allowed the media to hound Demario and drag him through the mud. Shame on you, Corrine!! Your honest words could have ended Demario's nightmare weeks ago! That is, if you really cared about someone other than your damn self.

• Love 14
9 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

Lacey is a prime example of this.  She was cut early and her neediness while on BIP show why Nick cut her so early.

Lacey was on Nick's season? I just assumed she was on some season before I started (lightly) watching (which was Ben H). Who was she? What did she do? I have zero recollection of her. I remember Lace, but not Lacey.

3 hours ago, dleighg said:

Lacey was on Nick's season? I just assumed she was on some season before I started (lightly) watching (which was Ben H). Who was she? What did she do? I have zero recollection of her. I remember Lace, but not Lacey.

Nothing. She went on the bridal photoshoot date.  She was a bridesmaid.  She was cut on week 3 with a bunch of other people who were blondes at the time  - maybe thats partly why you dont remember her? She does look different.  

I found the whole sit down thing super boring and it made me really irritated how ABC takes zero responsibility for its role in Corinne-Demario. Was it not their producer who shut it down? Bring that person on and have them explain themselves, especially to Demario, who apparently left Paradise with no idea that there was talk of a sexual assault accusation against him. It's not The. Most. Dramatic. Conclusion ever for the Wicked Nasty Media to assume something untoward happened when Corinne issued a press release where she said she was a "victim."

I was wondering also, what is up with this producer who instigated this entire thing.  Was she fired?  I read that she was not even there and did not see what happened, only heard about it after, so I have to wonder does she face any repercussions for shutting down the show.

I think when Corrine said she's a victim, she meant she did not raise any complaint, a complaint was raised about her, making her a victim of the media, not a victim of Demario.  I hope she explains this next week

Re: Taylor - I don't agree that she was a mean girl toward Lacey.  Let's be honest, Lacey was looking for a life raft and thought she found one with Diggy.  I seriously doubt anyone thought there wa s a serious connection there, and that their date signified he was off limits.  As soon as Domenique waled in it was the first time we saw Diggy be excited about anyone, including when he was on TB with Rachel!  You can even see on their date they both really liked each other and thee was chemistry.  The way Domenique was talking about him was giddy and excited.  Compare to Lacey was desperate and clinging to a life raft.  If Taylor and Dom are genuinely friends then I see nothing wrong with encouraging Dom and Diggy to go out.  And it was nice of her to go talk to Lacey, but come on, there was nothing there between Lacey and Diggy.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, FamilyVan said:

If Taylor and Dom are genuinely friends then I see nothing wrong with encouraging Dom and Diggy to go out.  And it was nice of her to go talk to Lacey, but come on, there was nothing there between Lacey and Diggy.

I agree with the encouraging Dom to go after Diggy. If Diggy preferred Lacey he could have said so. I hate when these idiots think that a date means they are now engaged and "off limits". I don't agree that Taylor was being nice by going to talk to Lacey. If she hadn't been the instigator of Lacey's "suffering" and they were friends, then sure, but she didn't come across as particularly supportive in her "comforting" of Lacey. It was more like wanting a front row seat to watch the fallout.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

I don't agree that Taylor was being nice by going to talk to Lacey. If she hadn't been the instigator of Lacey's "suffering" and they were friends, then sure, but she didn't come across as particularly supportive in her "comforting" of Lacey.

Well, in the first place, didn't Taylor lie?  I could have sworn she told Lacey that she didn't tell Dom to go after Diggy, but we clearly saw that she did.  Also, I didn't find her constant "uh huh....yeah....I know" to be particularly soothing either.

• Love 8

The tell all part was dragged out and boring, but at least DeMario got to say his piece. As for the rest of it: I swear some of these people seem to be reading off a script or they have been replaced by robots. I noticed Ben Z when he was on the Bachelorette, and he spoke like a normal person. This constant dog conversation seems rehearsed and read off cue cards. Wells has always seemed scripted to me but everything he and Danielle said seemed fake. Also Taylor with her giggling and hanging on to other girls: not at all what she was on the Bachelor. I don't mind Evan too much but cannot stand Carly. I think she believes herself to be way above Evan and expects the audience to agree that she did him some sort of favor by agreeing to marry him. He does seem a bit wimpy, but he is nice looking and probably a nice guy. I have no idea if the ultrasound was real (I assume it was because why fake it?) but Carly seemed very underwhelmed. 

• Love 2

Okay, seeing this picture reminds me... I don't understand this look with the little sleevelettes on each arm slightly connected to a top like Raven has on and like Danielle had on when she was leaving yesterday. It looks like two arm bands that match a top who thinks that's a good look?

• Love 12

Amanda likes that arm-sleeve look since she wore a white top like that on TB, the beach scene where she brought her kids to meet whatever bachelor she was trying to hook. I don't even remember whose season she was on. Meanwhile, why weren't Demario and Corinne invited back to Paradise if "nothing happened?" I also laughed at MsTree's sentence: "Corinne didn't want her boyfriend to find out what went down in Paradise" because I think that was suppose to read: Corinne didn't want her boyfriend to find out WHO went down in Paradise.

• Love 2
On 8/22/2017 at 9:03 PM, saber5055 said:

Let's shut everyone up about the Corinne/Demario event and just air the freaking tape. If nothing happened, then SHOW THE TAPE and let's get on with life. Think of the ratings, Fleiss! And Demario, if you want everyone to know what a "great guy" you are, then stop swearing on live tv. Geez, could there be any more *bleeps*? Although I wish Raven would have been "bleeped" on that after-credits segment. Some things are better left unsaid. (And unheard.)

I agree. Why don't they address what is actually on the tape? No one talks about it, but the producer must have seen something that made her think she needed to act. Who is the producer? Is she still employed by the show? 

I wonder if they were both so drunk they don't remember what happened, and the producer thought Corinne was too drunk to give consent. 

Whatever it is, enough already. Move on. 

• Love 3
On 8/23/2017 at 10:37 AM, Pink Lemonade said:

I have had traditional ultrasounds done through the stomach at 12 weeks. Earlier than that, they are intravaginal. 

Also, I don't think they stated gender, did they? I thought I heard them say it was too early to say. But I was only half watching, so might have missed something! 

Carly married her Plastic Snowman.  They are having a baby snowman.

yesh, I'm happy for them, but his dweebiness combined with that Pokémon character way he has of smiling is wearing me down.  I'm trying to tell myself that Carly's natural cynicism is tempered by his natural naïveté, but it's veering  into the lowered expectations zone now.

however, this whole Dud of a season was a boon for Carly and her snowman.  This must be the first time this pair is the most interesting people in their circle.  Ride that wave, Carly!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The tell all part was dragged out and boring, but at least DeMario got to say his piece. As for the rest of it: I swear some of these people seem to be reading off a script or they have been replaced by robots. I noticed Ben Z when he was on the Bachelorette, and he spoke like a normal person. This constant dog conversation seems rehearsed and read off cue cards. Wells has always seemed scripted to me but everything he and Danielle said seemed fake. Also Taylor with her giggling and hanging on to other girls: not at all what she was on the Bachelor. I don't mind Evan too much but cannot stand Carly. I think she believes herself to be way above Evan and expects the audience to agree that she did him some sort of favor by agreeing to marry him. He does seem a bit wimpy, but he is nice looking and probably a nice guy. I have no idea if the ultrasound was real (I assume it was because why fake it?) but Carly seemed very underwhelmed. 

The Stepford Bachelors - lol

• Love 1
10 hours ago, MsTree said:

That's 99% of the story. The other 1% has something to do with Corinne's producer from the Bachelor who instigated the reports thinking she was doing Corinne a favor because Corinne didn't want her boyfriend to find out what went down in Paradise. This is why after the show declared nothing wrong happened, Corinne's "team" insisted on conducting their own investigation. Why? If nothing bad happened, and you/Demario are on the same page, why declare yourself a "victim" and prolong an ill-founded investigation. Trying to save face Corinne? Instead of staying quiet for weeks on end, SPEAK UP!  Tell the media the producer was mistaken (obviously) and you're fine with the way things went down. But no-o-o-o, you allowed the media to hound Demario and drag him through the mud. Shame on you, Corrine!! Your honest words could have ended Demario's nightmare weeks ago! That is, if you really cared about someone other than your damn self.

Yeah, I had read that.   Interesting, I noticed on the first episode, CH asked Corinne (as she entered paradise with a glass of champagne in each hand) if she had a boyfriend, and she said no.   I wonder if that was authentic, or added later.

It seemed interesting, because nobody else was shown being asked if they were in a relationship.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

The tell all part was dragged out and boring, but at least DeMario got to say his piece. As for the rest of it: I swear some of these people seem to be reading off a script or they have been replaced by robots. I noticed Ben Z when he was on the Bachelorette, and he spoke like a normal person. This constant dog conversation seems rehearsed and read off cue cards.

I agree.  It seemed like the whole bit with Demario had people reciting lines, not being genuine. 

And Ben?    Hi I'm Ben.  I have a dog.  My dog is black and brown, I love my dog, I'm away from my dog to be here. in paradise, I miss my dog so much.     WTF?  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

Okay, seeing this picture reminds me... I don't understand this look with the little sleevelettes on each arm slightly connected to a top like Raven has on and like Danielle had on when she was leaving yesterday. It looks like two arm bands that match a top who thinks that's a good look?

Tops like that always look like they are about to fall off...oh, maybe that is the appeal? For the guys at least, the hope that any minute the chick will be topless? To me it just looks uncomfortable and like a lot of work to keep on.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Wandering Snark said:

The "fashion"  for a while has been strapless dresses, especially for formal events like weddings.   some photos have surfaced of mishaps -  a bride lifts her arms up to release doves, a bridesmaid stretches to catch the bouquet. and boobs are exposed.  Because lifting your arms causes your boobs to lift right out of the dress.   Maybe the little sleevelets (good name, by the way)  are to prevent that mishap?  When you stretch your arms up, the bodice of the dress is help up by the connection to the sleevelets.  

Just guessing - for the record, I think they look stupid.  I also don't like the newer "cold shoulder"  fashions, and HATE< HATE HATE Bell Sleeves.  Maybe just because I know I would get them dirty so fast. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 1

Backformore, when Corinne arrived in Paradise on that first episode, CH said, "Welcome BACK to Paradise." I thought that was odd and commented here about it. I assumed she was back after the big hoopla. And her arriving w/two glasses of champagne was pretty ... well, weird, except it was Corinne so not unexpected. (Then didn't CH take both of them away from her?) And when Demario arrived, CH asked if he had a girlfriend, although he was NOT asked if he had a wife even though he stated a few times he was "looking for his next wife." Comments were made here about how odd that was. So I'll bet both Corinne's and Demario's "entrances" were reshot after the big DRAH-matic event.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

I don't mind Evan too much but cannot stand Carly. I think she believes herself to be way above Evan and expects the audience to agree that she did him some sort of favor by agreeing to marry him.

That's the impression I got from her as well, which is why I cannot stand her.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, backformore said:

The "fashion"  for a while has been strapless dresses, especially for formal events like weddings.   some photos have surfaced of mishaps -  a bride lifts her arms up to release doves, a bridesmaid stretches to catch the bouquet. and boobs are exposed.  Because lifting your arms causes your boobs to lift right out of the dress.   Maybe the little sleevelets (good name, by the way)  are to prevent that mishap?  When you stretch your arms up, the bodice of the dress is help up by the connection to the sleevelets.  

Just guessing - for the record, I think they look stupid.  I also don't like the newer "cold shoulder"  fashions, and HATE< HATE HATE Bell Sleeves.  Maybe just because I know I would get them dirty so fast. 

That would make sense...if the sleevelets were attached to the dress. In Danielle's case, they were not. There was a strapless dress and then two tiny little separate arm ruffles on elastic that she pulled up to align with the dress but were not actually part of the dress. It was really stupid, and I have never seen such a thing.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ByTor said:

Well, in the first place, didn't Taylor lie?  I could have sworn she told Lacey that she didn't tell Dom to go after Diggy, but we clearly saw that she did.  Also, I didn't find her constant "uh huh....yeah....I know" to be particularly soothing either.

She very enthusiastically encouraged both Dominique and Diggy, so I'm not sure what she was talking about when she said she didn't. 

And agreed that her brand of comfort was lacking, to say the least. It was more like "I came over to talk to you because no one else would and I feel so bad for you that no one likes you and you have no one." I know she has some sort of mental health degree, but I hope she isn't/isn't planning to be an actual therapist because that's clearly not her strength.

I felt bad for Lacey who was being so careful in her responses, presumably because Lacey really doesn't have anyone on her side and isn't in a position to get into an argument because no one would be backing her up. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

She very enthusiastically encouraged both Dominique and Diggy, so I'm not sure what she was talking about when she said she didn't. 

And agreed that her brand of comfort was lacking, to say the least. It was more like "I came over to talk to you because no one else would and I feel so bad for you that no one likes you and you have no one." I know she has some sort of mental health degree, but I hope she isn't/isn't planning to be an actual therapist because that's clearly not her strength.

I felt bad for Lacey who was being so careful in her responses, presumably because Lacey really doesn't have anyone on her side and isn't in a position to get into an argument because no one would be backing her up. 

Yeah, she was channeling the Million Dollar Matchmaker, very much encouraging the coupling.  I would have respected Taylor more if she wouldn't have gone over to Lacey at all instead of pretending she felt bad and rubbing it in that Lacey had no one unlike HER. 

The difference with this show than previous seasons is that the cast KNOWS who is coming and in some cases even hung out with them.  So relationships were already starting outside of the cameras.  Maybe that is why this season seems so fake.

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

That would make sense...if the sleevelets were attached to the dress. In Danielle's case, they were not. There was a strapless dress and then two tiny little separate arm ruffles on elastic that she pulled up to align with the dress but were not actually part of the dress. It was really stupid, and I have never seen such a thing.

I thought the same, but there was one scene where you could see that Danielle's dress sleeves were attached by a tiny  piece of fabric, to the dress.  I'd think otherwise, those sleeve things would fall down to the elbows.  Here's an example of the kind of dress -  I saw at one point, the same little connection on Danielle: 

women-s-strapless-short-sleeve-floral-printed-slit-maxi-dress.jpg.3a62ae1f495461d9b01ca3af8265f4c8.jpg

so I guess it's a fashion, but I dislike it.   It always looks to me like the dress is about to fall, or be pulled, off. 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 6
28 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I know she has some sort of mental health degree, but I hope she isn't/isn't planning to be an actual therapist because that's clearly not her strength.

That's what I was thinking.  Imagine going to her for mental health issues and the feedback you get is "oh...yeah...I know..."  I'd demand my money AND that hour of my life back!

2 minutes ago, backformore said:

I thought the same, but there was one scene where you could see that Danielle's dress sleeves were attached by a tiny  piece of fabric, to the dress.  I'd think otherwise, those sleeve things would fall down to the elbows.  Here's an example of the kind of dress -  I saw at one point, the same little connection on Danielle: 

Wow, that looks uncomfortable.

• Love 2

I'd want to pull those little arm thingies up onto my shoulders and turn them into straps. Bad fashion and dress-falloff problems solved. As for Taylor, she was a witchy bitch on Nick's season and showed no concept of any social understanding. Quite the contrary. Corinne took advantage of that and got her sent home. And Corinne is no PhD candidate. Or even someone who could ace an associate degree. JMHO, of course!

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I agree. Why don't they address what is actually on the tape?

My take on it, just based on the fact that ABC and Corrine's lawyers both did investigations and saw the tape and said nothing illegal happened, is that the show is just doing a horrible job mining for ratings. They were so relieved after getting the all clear that they thought "hmmm, now that we know we did nothing wrong we can really use this as a story this season because EVERYONE has been talking about it!"

So that's why they are handling it so stupidly. They're trying to have it both ways. On one hand the official story is that it was a case of a producer being overly cautious and nothing bad happened, but on the other hand they are being coy with the footage as if it holds this Big Bad Secret and we just can't handle the truth but TUNE IN NEXT WEEK to hear more Important Conversations!

I mean correct me if I'm wrong but has the show, as in the broadcasted show Bachelor In Paradise that we watch, even said what the controversy was in the first place? Hahah they are literally just letting the tabloids and internet rumors control the narrative for them and fill in their viewers, and then just commenting on it during the show haha. I can't imagine trying to watch this without any of that context because I would have no idea what they were even talking about.

Chris just keeps talking about "the controversy" but in the show itself it just went from everyone having fun --> production shuts down with no explanation --> after school special conversation --> DeMario sit-down interview. But I don't think they've ever filled in that blank. Just so bizarre.

• Love 2

Am I the only one who thinks Sarah is super cute? I don't know about her personality at all from Nick's season but I loved her in this episode. When they were trying to hard sell Ben to her about what an awesome husband and father he would make, her reaction of "then why don't you all want him?" was on point.

• Love 4
18 hours ago, backformore said:

Victoria's Secret even sells bras now with those sleevelets.

17 hours ago, JenE4 said:

Now that is weird.

They cannot air the footage because it contains a sexual act!  There is no way that footage will be seen or SHOULD be seen anywhere, especially not on network tv.  And I am sure Demario and Corrine both do not want it aired, I mean jeez.  I think demanding to see MORE of this incident is probably taking the narrative in the wrong direction, JMO!

• Love 6
18 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

I find it absolutely fascinating that she has a degree in mental health but she comes across as socially awkward and she communicates in the most passive aggressive/offensive way possible. She doesn't showcase personable traits or an openness that someone would view as non-judgmental....I happen to think both those qualities are important to being a counselor as you need people to trust you in order to make real progress. Then again, I know someone who has a degree in counselling and he's the most lost soul I have ever seen. Can barely speak or write a coherent sentence and his thoughts are very disjointed. He comes from a place of feeling like because he has a degree in giving advice that others have no place in giving advice without him asking for it. So while I have a real life example of someone getting a degree that seems completely opposite to their personality and behaviour, it's still a truly baffling thing to figure out.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

Victoria's Secret even sells bras now with those sleevelets.

The sleevelets will be something people will look back at in 20 years when they talk about the 2017 era and people will laugh and say "what were they thinking?".  Kind of like some of the trends of the 80's. The whole off the shoulder trend looks terrible on most women.  The cut out sleeves were cute at first but now it is getting old and will also be something looked back on in this era.  Just an opinion from someone who although is fashion-challenged herself, has seen a lot of trends come and go.

• Love 9

I first saw that 'strapless top with sleeves falling off,' look on JoJo on Bachelor Ben's season.  It was a black one and she wore it on a helicopter date.  I was afraid it was going to fall off her even before the helicopter arrived and the wind started whipping it around.  I'm about 90% sure Ben saw everything during that moment.  The shirt may be responsible for some of those involuntary, "I love you!"s that JoJo seems to cause in men.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Palomar said:

The sleevelets will be something people will look back at in 20 years when they talk about the 2017 era and people will laugh and say "what were they thinking?". 

and it appeared in the judging panel of Project Runway last night!

Screen Shot 2017-08-25 at 11.30.08 AM.png

I think they're all going for the Bad Romance Cover look. Just Google "bad romance cover images" and see what I mean. All those "clinch" shots, as if the models are overcome with passion, the woman's dress hanging off her shoulders in one way or another, her bosom heaving...

Yeah. That's all I can think of when I see this stupid style trend. "You look like you want to be on the cover of a bodice ripper. There's a reason those are mocked, you idiot."

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RHJunkie said:

I find it absolutely fascinating that she has a degree in mental health but she comes across as socially awkward and she communicates in the most passive aggressive/offensive way possible. She doesn't showcase personable traits or an openness that someone would view as non-judgmental....I happen to think both those qualities are important to being a counselor as you need people to trust you in order to make real progress. Then again, I know someone who has a degree in counselling and he's the most lost soul I have ever seen. Can barely speak or write a coherent sentence and his thoughts are very disjointed. He comes from a place of feeling like because he has a degree in giving advice that others have no place in giving advice without him asking for it. So while I have a real life example of someone getting a degree that seems completely opposite to their personality and behaviour, it's still a truly baffling thing to figure out.

Reminds me of the MDs who may be smart but are said to have no "bedside manner".

• Love 1

Family Van, I was one who posted I wish the film of Corinne and Demario should be shown because, according to this show, NOTHING happened, no one knew why they were going home, including Demario, and EVERYONE was stunned to read all the FALSE blown out-of-proportion accounts given by news and entertainment shows. Because NOTHING happened. No one on the show, including CH, will say what "the incident" was, so we don't know it was a "sex act." How could it be if "nothing" happened? Corinne wasn't drunk, Demario didn't do anything, everyone in Paradise was just "having a good time." I, for one, am tired of CH accomplishing absolutely nothing with his sit-down lectures and now interviews with Demario and Corinne. IMO, TPTB should have given it five minutes on episode one, then let it drop instead of dragging it out and continuing to call it "the incident" but never saying what really happened. Fish or cut bait. YMMV, of course.

• Love 2