Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Week 2, Night 2

• Start Topic

I love this show and I will always watch it no matter what... but this season is feeling a little strange how none of the cast is interested in each other, beyond friends/buddies on vacation together.  It's a little odd.  It's like they gathered up all of the friend zone people and put them together.  There are at least a half dozen folks on this show I am really wondering how they got cast on a Bachelor Season to begin with.

It's an interesting dynamic when there are perfectly attractive girls, but no men are interested in dating them.  I want to understand why this is, I am sure there is a lesson in there somewhere on what not to do, and how to approach dating with more success.  What did Lacey do to turn off every man there?  Sure now she is whining because she's been there a few days and nothing is gelling for her,  but did she come in like that on Day 1?  

Even Christina - one of the guys said if she does not get a rose from Dean no one else will give her one. Is this because of Bro code?  I am puzzled why no one else would want Christina, not one of these guys is ready to swoop in on her if Dean is not interested?

I wonder if the dynamic of this cast was totally ruined by the break in filming.  They have all hung out, they are not meeting as strangers, and they know who else is on deck to join, there's no element of surprise.

Edited by FamilyVan
  • Love 15

Carly and Evan really think they are the couple of the century . Carly's giggling would drive me over the edge and Evan doesn't stop bragging about how cute they are together .. and then there's jade and tanner whose names get mentioned every 2 seconds as if 1 couple out of the thousands of people that show up in paradise is such a remarkable outcome . 

P.s why do Carly's eyes look so much droopier now ? 

• Love 9
4 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

It's an interesting dynamic when there are perfectly attractive girls, but no men are interested in dating them.  I want to understand why this is, I am sure there is a lesson in there somewhere on what not to do, and how to approach dating with more success.  What did Lacey do to turn off every man there?  Sure now she is whining because she's been there a few days and nothing is gelling for her,  but did she come in like that on Day 1?  

Quite frankly, she's just not a pretty girl in my opinion.  Especially compared to the rest of the women there.  I have no idea who she is and I can't remember ever seeing her before.  She also strikes me as someone who is an introvert and has trouble with connecting with people.  I would too!  

• Love 5

It's probably the editing but Kristina really needs to pick her dignity off the floor . She's known dean for a week , not a year . I get being disappointed because u have high hopes with a guy , but he's showing u more times than once that he's not interested enough and that he's not putting any effort into being with you . Stop sulking around Mexico all day and show him that you have more to you than tears . I think Kristina is the prettiest one there so I don't know why none of the other guys are showing interest, but she can still have fun anyway 

• Love 10
8 hours ago, fib said:

Um. This was totally fake. 

1) ultrasounds this early? Theyre intravaginal.  As in: wand in your hooha. Which is not what we saw.(thank god)

2) ultrasounds at this stage are not conclusive for gender. I 100% guarantee they had the blood test that tells you gender. 

3) Carly stated she took the test in Mexico and hinted that it was right after the wedding.  As in, she noticed her cycle was late so she took a test.  Late cycles happen - like - 2 weeks after ovulation that leads to concepiton? I doubt they were in Mexico 2 more weeks ( the minimum is like 9 days) So yes, she was probably preggo at the wedding, which, you know, might have been scandalous in 1917, but in 2017? Well, nothing is scandalous if Chris Harrison doesnt say it is.  

/gynecology lesson.

Yes my first thought was why are they doing a US now when it's to early to tell the sex of the baby. My TV screwed up so I missed most of it. So did they tell the gender? Your saying that you guarantee they had a blood test to determine the sex makes me think so. If so then I agree that was totally fake. You can not determine the sex at 12 weeks. I had to wait until I was 20 weeks because the doctor said they couldn't tell before then.

31 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Maybe she never really planned to go to Kenya and it was all for production purposes and she's with Wells?

According to Reality Steve, she really went and has posted a lot of stuff on social media about her trip.

• Love 8
7 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

According to Reality Steve, she really went and has posted a lot of stuff on social media about her trip.

Ok, alrighty then.

I still wonder why she even bothered to go on the show though.

Edited by Ohwell
22 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

It's like they gathered up all of the friend zone people and put them together.  T

I wonder how quick I'd be to jump into anything resembling a relationship after observing the whole Corrine/Demario thing. I suspect that has tempered people's behavior, and unless they're truly feeling something, they figure it just isn't worth the potential hassle. 

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

I wonder if the dynamic of this cast was totally ruined by the break in filming.  They have all hung out, they are not meeting as strangers, and they know who else in on deck to join, there's no element of surprise.

I think you answered your own, very interesting, question.  They spent time hanging out, got to know who was whiney, boring and not so pretty without make-up. Any really hot initial chemistry has probably  dissipated or been consummated.  Which might explain why Kristina is  so slow to give up on Dean, women tending to invest more emotionally in sex.

The women have already noticed Ben's dog obsession, and seen Robby with his hair blown back and his receding temples on display.  When you think about it,  it is sort of amazing that they can still muster up any enthusiasm considering that D'LO's inane conversation had Nick sending her home while she was in the middle of telling him she was falling in love.  Dominique's pouting about not getting enough attention had the same result.  Nick took Danielle-nurse on a boat- date and all we could focus on was her shapeless legs hanging over the bench as he desperately tried to make conversation while getting nothing in return. I appreciate Nick more in retrospect.

• Love 15

I don't understand why this show insists on spoiling itself. They do it constantly on the "coming up next" segments they show before commercials. I would have enjoyed Danielle and Wells kissing more if the show had let it happen organically, rather than telling us it was coming (although I still enjoyed it because I love me some Wells.) That's just one example of it - they do it constantly. Are they that convinced we won't stick around after the commercial break?

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

I still wonder why she even bothered to go on the show though.

According to what I've read on the interwebs, Danielle had planned the Kenya trip and was supposed to go after she filmed for BIP.  Then production got pushed back because DRAMA, so she knew if she went back to the show she may miss out on Kenya.  Since she saw no potentials for a serious romance, she said screw it and left the show early so she wouldn't miss the mission trip to Kenya.

I still think Wells is being auditioned for the Bachelor.  I like that Benzie and Matt both flat out told Lacey that if she picked them it would be strictly platonic.  Matt was very sweet talking to both Kristina and Lacey.

Adam choosing between Sarah and Raven, I mean....is it even a competition??  Sorry Raven.  Go pull your dipstick in your whatnot with someone else.  Or whatever the hell she said at the end.  To quote Jasmine "That is some country ass shit".  <small voice> I liked Jasmine's bangs.  

Alexis may be my spirit animal.

What does everyone think of Ben as the Bachelor?  I could dig it.  I'm a dog person. 

• Love 10

Wells as the next Bachelor?!  Gosh I just dont see it.  He's omega man not alpha.  He's everyone's buddy.  Ben Z. would be a better choice than Wells but I'm still hoping for Peter.   Good grief could the show make Lacey look more like a sad sack?!  Her editing is just pitiful.

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, NoWhammies said:

I wonder how quick I'd be to jump into anything resembling a relationship after observing the whole Corrine/Demario thing. I suspect that has tempered people's behavior, and unless they're truly feeling something, they figure it just isn't worth the potential hassle. 

I agree. Plus, the whole downer of the Very Special Talk from CH when they came back. Limited drinking. No random hooking up. Here to find a serious relationship. Yeah, the game has been ruined for the guys. They have no reason to go after any woman except the precise one that they think they want.

I'd so love to see more effort to create a group strategy coming from the women's camp. More thinking, ladies... fewer tears! 

27 minutes ago, Dirtybubble said:

Ben Z. would be a better choice than Wells but I'm still hoping for Peter.

I might even tune in to a Ben Z bachelor season, if I can't have a Peter one.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, fib said:

Um. This was totally fake. 

1) ultrasounds this early? Theyre intravaginal.  As in: wand in your hooha. Which is not what we saw.(thank god)

2) ultrasounds at this stage are not conclusive for gender. I 100% guarantee they had the blood test that tells you gender. 

I have had traditional ultrasounds done through the stomach at 12 weeks. Earlier than that, they are intravaginal. 

Also, I don't think they stated gender, did they? I thought I heard them say it was too early to say. But I was only half watching, so might have missed something! 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Ohwell said:

Great of her to want to do humanitarian work, but that couldn't have come up all of a sudden, she had to have planned that, so I question why she even bothered to go on BIP, knowing that her real plan was to "go help needy children."  She seems like a nice, laid-back woman, but she chose to go on BIP.  I'm not saying she should have gone to Corinne levels of drunkenness and done gawd knows what in the pool with a guy, but she could have looked and acted livelier.  

Perhaps Danielle agreed to come back only if she could do the show while in a medically induced coma.  Seriously, that girl should be trolling necrophiliac chat rooms.

I don't believe for one minute Jorge has really left to start his own torje business.  Wells  the "unavailable" bartender and Dani the brave, dedicated nurse was just another manufactured plot line.

Not counting my second husband's family, this is the most obnoxious, yet excruciatingly boring collection of people I've ever seen in one gathering.  I unapologetically look forward to this terrible show every summer, but this season is so dull there's nothing and no one  to even make fun of. 

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Mocking Bird said:

I unapologetically look forward to this terrible show every summer, but this season is so dull there's nothing and no one  to even make fun of.

Me too. It looks like the editors stopped bothering poking fun at this motley crew, and those were the shining moments of this show. 

6 minutes ago, Mocking Bird said:

Not counting my second husband's family, this is the most obnoxious, yet excruciatingly boring collection of people I've ever seen in one gathering. 

This is so funny.

• Love 3

OMG Ben Z as a bachelor would drive me nuts.  He is truly obsessed with his dog.  I am not a dog person, but regardless I find it odd that both of his conversations where a girl has asked about him he goes on and on about his dog--kind of like there is no room for a person in his life.   I have a child, and I know not to go on and on about that.... same thing with a dog.  lol

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, Mocking Bird said:

I don't believe for one minute Jorge has really left to start his own torje business.  Wells  the "unavailable" bartender and Dani the brave, dedicated nurse was just another manufactured plot line.

Totally agree!! I actually said this in the previous episode's thread haha:

"My theory is that she and Wells are already dating and they got to go on the show for fun while Wells was put in a position that was "off-limits" but they could make a storyline out of her realizing she likes him. Who knows haha."

• Love 8
1 hour ago, CalamityBoPeep said:

Plus, the whole downer of the Very Special Talk from CH when they came back. Limited drinking. No random hooking up. Here to find a serious relationship. Yeah, the game has been ruined for the guys.

Wasn't there even an article that said they need to ask producers for permission to use the boom-boom room?

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Wasn't there even an article that said they need to ask producers for permission to use the boom-boom room?

I think there was.

And in addition to all of the above, when you consider the risk of a guy on this show having his life ruined like DeMario for some stupid hook-up, the behavior of the men is making complete sense.

Edited by CalamityBoPeep
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, Pink Lemonade said:

I have had traditional ultrasounds done through the stomach at 12 weeks. Earlier than that, they are intravaginal. 

Also, I don't think they stated gender, did they? I thought I heard them say it was too early to say. But I was only half watching, so might have missed something! 

You may be right... Evan posted on twitter a picture of "his daughter", so I assumed that that was announced too during the show.  I was doing dishes during this part, because yuck.  

BIP seems to have forgotten that this show is supposed to be fun. Dragging out this DeMario/Corinne nonsense is literally killing the joy.  Im not enjoying this season at all. It feels like Im watching an afterschool special by the Mens Rights movement.  Ugh.  

• Love 9
4 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

Lacey's adventure in Paradise was painful to watch.  We had to see her approach each guy and get shuffled off, even when they knew they needed roses. Then the high-school thing of them saying basically, we don't like you but Diggy says he'll go out with you.  Then we hear Lacey say whoever she gets with it's going to be a romantic date, meaning she'll make out with whoever, whether she's attracted to him or not.  Ewww. 

The sad part is that there's nothing really wrong with Lacey apart from that air of needy desperation, her pale fragile looks would be just fine in a Regency romance. The whole thing made a good point about how confidence and presentation are everything, because after the poor pitiful Lacey performance we get the contrast of Dominique coming down the stairs with implied saxophone music,  wearing a dazzling smile and flamboyant personality and Diggy finally perking up and showing real interest.

I really hope Lacey goes home, that was so painfully awkward to watch. The dread on the guy's faces as she singled them out and the very careful handling of turning her down...ugh, so awkward. And yeah, her insistence on "romance" with whoever she could convince to come with her was a bit sad. 

The neediness really does reek off of her. She was on that weird bridal group date in Nick's season and showed desperation and jealousy there too. I'm not really sure how she ever got picked for the show to begin with.

During her season, I thought of Sarah as the exaggerated Corrine, similar looks but much more so. Raven should just give up.  If Sarah is his type then she isn't.  I think Raven can look really great when she gets her hair and make-up right but hot weather is not an oily skinned person's friend.  She should have waited for the winter paradise.

I really can't decide how I feel about Sarah. She's so ON and exaggerated that she's toeing the line of annoying, but seems okay otherwise. I think she's an elementary school teacher? Maybe that's where the rubber face and overly expressive voice come from.

Interrupting the show just when the emotionally mean side of Taylor was leaking out really made me angry.  Chris Harrison as couch interviewer bores me to death.  I'm already sick of Carly and Evan and their giggly belief that theirs is the cutest love story ever.  When Chris said an ultrasound was coming up I turned it off an went to bed, so I missed the third episode of  DeMario's defense.

Taylor was the ultimate mean girl tonight. I had been finding her and Derek cute, but I kinda hope another girl turns his head because she was just asking for karma to smack her in the chops. Chasing after Lacey to basically rub salt in the wound and then smugly acknowledge that Lacey has no one. Gross.

I just kept waiting for someone to cut into the Lacey interview portion and tell her to pull her bikini top up (the brown one) because she was falling out of it. I mean did it not fit her, did she have it tied up wrong what was the deal? And that that's my lead comment should show how exciting I found this episode.

Is it even a bikini top? It really looks like a bra, an ill-fitting one. 

Carly and Evan really think they are the couple of the century . Carly's giggling would drive me over the edge and Evan doesn't stop bragging about how cute they are together .. and then there's jade and tanner whose names get mentioned every 2 seconds as if 1 couple out of the thousands of people that show up in paradise is such a remarkable outcome . 

I thought the brief Jade and Tanner segment was very cute, those 2 don't bug me, but I need a big time break from Carly and Evan already. The giggling and whatever it is about him that always skeeves me out. 

Ironically, while Carly was relating the story of deciding she liked him while he was acting more low-key, I actually saw some evidence of that in him. When he's not mugging and preening, he doesn't seem too bad. But then he said "hello punkin" and "hello little lamb" to the ultrasound and we were back to creepy territory.

I agree. Plus, the whole downer of the Very Special Talk from CH when they came back. Limited drinking. No random hooking up. Here to find a serious relationship. Yeah, the game has been ruined for the guys. They have no reason to go after any woman except the precise one that they think they want.

Yeah, there is a different vibe this time around and I guess the drama is the cause. I wonder if even if the show hadn't limited the alcohol, the cast members might have pulled back voluntarily. After seeing Corinne and DeMario all over the news, I'd guess that the others would do their best to avoid that path. 

OMG Ben Z as a bachelor would drive me nuts.  He is truly obsessed with his dog.  I am not a dog person, but regardless I find it odd that both of his conversations where a girl has asked about him he goes on and on about his dog--kind of like there is no room for a person in his life.   I have a child, and I know not to go on and on about that.... same thing with a dog.  lol

It's not even just that he keeps talking about the dog, it's that he's so boring in doing so. No inflection, no enthusiasm, just a bland declaration that he has the best dog ever. What the hell can anyone say in response to that? 

• Love 13

It's so strange because they seem to think they lucked into a goldmine with the "controversy" and they think stretching it out all season is going to help with ratings or something. But the initial reports they are being so coy about were horrifying, and they should be thanking their lucky stars that they apparently weren't accurate. If they TRULY wanted to clear the air and help DeMario rehabilitate his image they would have aired Corinne's interview much sooner, because she's obviously the one whose words mean something in this case. But instead they have all these sit-down talks about "important issues" and they're bringing out DeMario because they think withholding Corinne's interview til next week will keep people coming back or something. 

Between this and Racist Lee they keep proving they have no business trying to steer "conversations about important issues." They've lost sight of what people want out of the Bachelor world these days - goofball dummies looking for love with some winking ridiculousness. 

• Love 12

It's not even just that he keeps talking about the dog, it's that he's so boring in doing so. No inflection, no enthusiasm, just a bland declaration that he has the best dog ever. What the hell can anyone say in response to that? 

I agree.  It appears he has no substance or interesting qualities.  Along with that the seriousness in which he discusses his dog is more than any other dog owner I have ever talked to.  He doesn't seem to have the ability to end that conversation and then say, here are some other things about me, and how about you...tell me more about you, etc.

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Taylor was the ultimate mean girl tonight. I had been finding her and Derek cute, but I kinda hope another girl turns his head because she was just asking for karma to smack her in the chops. Chasing after Lacey to basically rub salt in the wound and then smugly acknowledge that Lacey has no one. Gross.

And this is why I will never be on Taylor's side on anything. She is a terrible person who gets her rocks off by pretending she's being a big person when really she's just kicking those who are down. I just hate her! Yes, Lacey was extremely pathetic but she was also right that you literally shoved Diggy down new girls throat. Why would you do that? because you're a mean, hateful bitch. Otherwise, it's really not your place to play matchmaker to everyone. God I hope someone steals her "boyfriend" because I don't even know him but I know he deserves better.

• Love 15

Well, that sure was boring.  I fell asleep 3 times during the in-studio segment and had to finish watching before work this morning.  

I hate Taylor.  She is a smug, condescending, mean-girl.  I like Derek and am disappointed that she is his type.

• Love 11
38 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

I would respond with "Oh no you don't have the best dog ever, I do" :)

• Love 6
3 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

I love this show and I will always watch it no matter what... but this season is feeling a little strange how none of the cast is interested in each other, beyond friends/buddies on vacation together.  It's a little odd.  It's like they gathered up all of the friend zone people and put them together.  There are at least a half dozen folks on this show I am really wondering how they got cast on a Bachelor Season to begin with.

Even Christina - one of the guys said if she does not get a rose from Dean no one else will give her one. Is this because of Bro code?  I am puzzled why no one else would want Christina, not one of these guys is ready to swoop in on her if Dean is not interested?

I wonder if the dynamic of this cast was totally ruined by the break in filming.  They have all hung out, they are not meeting as strangers, and they know who else is on deck to join, there's no element of surprise.

I saw an interview with Daniel and Vinny and they said that when they approach you about Bachelor in Paradise, they ask you about the women you would be interested in meeting on the show. Maybe there's a lot of overlap in the women that were mentioned and so you won't really see the men vying for their attention until more additions come. But from the interviews of seen with the men that go on this show, most of them see it as a fun vacation to hang out with friends and possibly make a connection. Their focus isn't really to test the process in order to find their wife. It seems for many of them, that would be a pleasant surprise, not an expectation. Both Daniel and Vinny had a lot theories as to how things shake down into the couples we see on the show (ego and camera time are the top theories they have).

Lacey has been annoying but only because she's trying too hard to find something that's just not there for her right now. I don't think she's as invested in the men either but she's feeling rejected because she's not getting the attention. She should hang out with Alexis more so that she can learn that if the initial attraction and connection isn't there, don't worry about. You're on a tropical paradise. Enjoy the company as friends and if you make it past the next rose ceremony you'll have someone new come around that you can get to know and maybe make a connection with.

As for Kristina, I don't think it's bro code. I think Kristina became too invested in Dean far too quickly. The other men can see that and it's likely that they don't want to put so much effort in trying to woo because she doesn't seem open to any other guy but Dean. Most guys will probably feel that their time is better suited trying to get to know the other women. Nobody cares about bro code with the amount of guys pursuing Raven and that's likely because while she's enjoying her time on the dates, she's not so committed to any one guy that she becomes unapproachable.

But I do think that the break in filming has had an impact on the dynamics. They should have probably kept them on the island a bit longer and only send them back if they felt the investigation was taking too long to reasonably continue with filming another season.

• Love 5
15 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Carly and Evan having a fucking ultrasound on tv.  They have no shame.  Fucking famewhores.

I'm calling it now, there will be a live birth to coincide with the finale for the next season of The Bachelor. Won't matter if its too soon or too late. They'll induce or hold that baby in lol.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, ljenkins782 said:

The neediness really does reek off of her. She was on that weird bridal group date in Nick's season and showed desperation and jealousy there too. I'm not really sure how she ever got picked for the show to begin with.

I think you just answered your own question... 

• Love 5
17 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

I saw an interview with Daniel and Vinny and they said that when they approach you about Bachelor in Paradise, they ask you about the women you would be interested in meeting on the show. Maybe there's a lot of overlap in the women that were mentioned and so you won't really see the men vying for their attention until more additions come.

But if there's a lot of overlap in the women they are interested in, wouldn't there be a lot of competing?

18 minutes ago, Negritude said:

I'm calling it now, there will be a live birth to coincide with the finale for the next season of The Bachelor. Won't matter if its too soon or too late. They'll induce or hold that baby in lol.

Lol! But Jade and Tanner just had their baby last week(ish), and they STILL had the show talking about how the first Paradise baby is due in September! Come on! That was a massive opportunity lost to not film a quick update and splice that in! Even Real Housewives of New York added a post-production disclaimer that LuAnn filed for divorce after filming the reunion.  

• Love 2
16 hours ago, chocolatine said:

[Danielle] left to help needy children while some people on the show can't be bothered to take care of their own children.

giphy.gif

It was hilarious to me when Carly started off her segment by insisting that she and Evan are just an "average, every day couple".  LOL.  Carls, what did you think we thought you were?

You know, I once liked Wells, until I saw the way he behaved here on BIP.  I guess he didn't want to do the couples thing on BIP because he doesn't want to be trapped by a woman or commit to anyone.  He sealed my opinion of him when Danielle told us she was leaving the country and Wells thought it was the perfect opportunity to make out. Typical guy who doesn't want to commit, he sees this as the perfect opportunity to push things forward physically because she won't be around to ask to speak to him the next day.

Raven really walks around like she's Queen Bee of this island having a lot of nerve trying to pawn off Poor Reject Ben Z onto Sarah and Sarah saw right through the act.  Even more pathetic, is people like Jasmine who act like Raven really is her Queen and walks around like a Lady in Waiting trying to do her bidding.  

Ben Z. Poor Ben Z. Can't even spend 1 second not talking about his dog.  He's really had a turn at turning off everyone on this damn island hasn't he.  Has he ever asked a woman even 1 single question about herself and not dog-related?

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
17 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

You know, I once liked Wells, until I saw the way he behaved here on BIP.  I guess he didn't want to do the couples thing on BIP because he doesn't want to be trapped by a woman or commit to anyone.  He sealed my opinion of him when Danielle told us she was leaving the country and Wells thought it was the perfect opportunity to make out. Typical guy who doesn't want to commit, he sees this as the perfect opportunity to push things forward physically because she won't be around to ask to speak to him the next day.

If they're not revealed as a couple on whatever reunion Paradise has, I'll be shocked. That seemed SO set up from the get go in my opinion.

• Love 3
23 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Raven really walks around like she's Queen Bee of this island having a lot of nerve trying to pawn off Poor Reject Ben Z onto Sarah and Sarah saw right through the act.

For that alone Sarah has become my favorite. I love how she saw right through Raven's really obvious attempt (with assistance from her posse) to keep Sarah away from her man! I love that it didn't work. You go Sarah!

24 minutes ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Ben Z. Poor Ben Z. Can't even spend 1 second not talking about his dog.

As a dog lover myself, I'm not really buying his obsession with is dog. As someone else said, he doesn't actually seem excited. it's like he's just saying words. When I talk about my dogs (not even mine, my dog siblings) I get excited. Ben said he has the worlds best dog with less enthusiasm than I said I ate the worlds best breakfast sandwich this morning. lol

• Love 5
53 minutes ago, ByTor said:

But if there's a lot of overlap in the women they are interested in, wouldn't there be a lot of competing?

Sure, but perhaps those women haven't arrived on the island yet. Before the season started, Raven was the only one that I expected to be heavily pursued and a big part of that is because of how far she got on Nick's season. I don't know if that makes her look like a big prize to the other guys or if it's also because the longer you last on your season, the more people see your personality and are charmed and interested in you. But even if a lot of the guys are waiting for only 1-2 women to show up, I still think that if the woman reciprocates very obviously to 1 or 2 guys, the others will back off. I often feel like for the guys, it's a measured reaction. If they don't think they stand a chance, they won't try too hard and risk their egos getting bruised.

Interrupting the show just when the emotionally mean side of Taylor was leaking out really made me angry

Oh man me too. I was like "There's the Taylor I know!" Excited if there really is a Taylor/Derek fight next week.

I found the whole sit down thing super boring and it made me really irritated how ABC takes zero responsibility for its role in Corinne-Demario. Was it not their producer who shut it down? Bring that person on and have them explain themselves, especially to Demario, who apparently left Paradise with no idea that there was talk of a sexual assault accusation against him. It's not The. Most. Dramatic. Conclusion ever for the Wicked Nasty Media to assume something untoward happened when Corinne issued a press release where she said she was a "victim."

• Love 9

P.s why do Carly's eyes look so much droopier now ? 

That would be her ridiculously large fake eyelashes giving them that appearance.  I thought the same thing until I realized she glued tarantulas to her eyes.  

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Kbilly said:

I found the whole sit down thing super boring and it made me really irritated how ABC takes zero responsibility for its role in Corinne-Demario. Was it not their producer who shut it down? Bring that person on and have them explain themselves, especially to Demario, who apparently left Paradise with no idea that there was talk of a sexual assault accusation against him. It's not The. Most. Dramatic. Conclusion ever for the Wicked Nasty Media to assume something untoward happened when Corinne issued a press release where she said she was a "victim."

Right. Remember what they did poor 'ol Ryan Putz, the PA who hooked up with a booted contestant and then jumped off her balcony when caught, breaking both of his ankles? The show did an awesome re-enactment and then made him say on camera at the hospital, "Yes, I'm a Putz!"

The LEAST they could have done is give us a re-enactment with different staff playing the roles of each player--or if it's truly too risqué: show us on the doll where he touched you. And, well, okay, workplace harassment whistleblowers by law cannot be retaliated against, so maybe they can't give her the Putz Treatment. But this is like one of those "very special episodes" of a 1980s sitcom, like on Growing Pains when Carol's boyfriend died in a drunk driving accident or on Family Ties when Alex P Keaton got addicted to speed to study for his big exam or the drunken family friend tried to pull a move on young Malorie. We're tuning in for the laughs here, people, and you're hitting us with a depressing Life Lesson. 

Edited by JenE4
  • Love 12

Did the chyron beneath Jack Stone really say Jack Stone?  I must say this show must be something you desperately want to work on if you do chyrons.

I knew a Lacey or two: so desperate to get married they married the first guy willing. It would be nice if someone somewhere along the line sat her down and told her "your desperation is driving men away".

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Dirtybubble said:

Wells as the next Bachelor?!  Gosh I just dont see it.  He's omega man not alpha.  He's everyone's buddy.  Ben Z. would be a better choice than Wells but I'm still hoping for Peter.   

I have been thinking Wells' motivation for doing this is not to find a mate, but to broaden his career.

• Love 4