Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: From Seattle Grace to Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital

• Start Topic

I'm catching some eps from the early years on Lifetime but I must have missed something because can anybody explain to me why a rich, handsome, personable millionaire like Denny Duquette would have absolutely no friends or family to visit him or at least check in when he's dying/dead?

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Qoass said:

I'm catching some eps from the early years on Lifetime but I must have missed something because can anybody explain to me why a rich, handsome, personable millionaire like Denny Duquette would have absolutely no friends or family to visit him or at least check in when he's dying/dead?

I saw all those episodes about a month ago and I don't remember him saying why he had no family or friends. I must have missed something too

fair point, unless he just never told his friends and family. 

And they all just shrugged and said, "Oh, well.  I'm sure he's fine."? That's unlikely.  Particularly if his fortune came from his work.

36 minutes ago, Qoass said:

And they all just shrugged and said, "Oh, well.  I'm sure he's fine."? That's unlikely.  Particularly if his fortune came from his work.

"Huh. Denny hasn't updated his MySpace page in awhile. I guess he just forgot his password."

• Love 5
14 hours ago, alikerofthings said:

Thanks!

I am on season 12, catching up slowly and now I am starting to regret watching them so quickly!

I'm on season 10 trying to watch slowly only one a day instead of 4 or 5 but its hard because the show is so good

• Love 1

I just saw the episode where Alex admitted to Yang he loves Jo, I like Jo and Alex,I hope they get together, Alex deserves some happiness, I think they would be good together. Now I must watch a few more episodes to see hoe things turn out for them.

• Love 1

#$$$%%% shonda!! I just saw Brooks die.  Did she really have to kill off Brooks? she was only on the show a short while and I was really starting to like her. I still love the show but Shona has just about got on my last nerve. I don't care if its her show or not. Screw Shonda Rhimes!

• Love 2
On ‎6‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:26 PM, skermac said:

I just saw Brooks die.  Did she really have to kill off Brooks? she was only on the show a short while and I was really starting to like her.

The actress that played Brooks had gotten a job on another show.

• Love 1
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:11 PM, kariyaki said:

The actress that played Brooks had gotten a job on another show.

thanks! I just found out she was in Napolean Dynamite but its been years since Ive seen it

On 6/20/2017 at 8:06 PM, skermac said:

I just saw season 13 is now on Netflix, a couple more seasons and I will be there and caught up :)

I remember those days. I don't remember what season Grey's was in when I first started, but I resisted the hype.  Eventually I decided to at least take a look at the show before I wrote it off. At the time, it was McDreamy this and McDreamy that. That was all I was hearing. I just thought it was a series made for females and not for me. Okay, I know, it was when I realized that I loved that Katherine Heigl was in it. I loved her in "Roswell" and "Knocked Up", so I decided to give it a chance and started with season 1 and binged until I caught up to the current season at the time. Little did I know there would be "The Denny Thing". Ewwww.

• Love 1

As I continue to catch bits and pieces on Lifetime Network, it strikes me that when a woman's husband dies on this show, she looks like she's been hit by a two by four but then gets on with it. When a man's wife dies, he completely loses his mind. Interesting.

Just saw the episode where Avery ruins Kepners wedding, what a jerk! He should have told her he loved her before the big day day, I never liked him much to start with, now I don't like him at all.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, skermac said:

Just saw the episode where Avery ruins Kepners wedding, what a jerk! He should have told her he loved her before the big day day, I never liked him much to start with, now I don't like him at all.

Yet, April went with him and he didn't have to drag her out. Admittedly, Jackson should have said something, and everyone knew she was waiting for him. Jackson didn't want to be the cause of her break-up but I think everyone also knew that April's marriage wouldn't have lasted long. She would have been pining for Jackson. Truth be told, they both really loved each other. I liked that he stepped up and admitted that at the wedding, while Stephanie was right there in the seats.  I did NOT feel sorry for Stephanie at all. She knew Jackson was in love with April, but tried to ignore what her eyes were telling her.

• Love 4

Perhaps most of the people at April's wedding were at Derek and Meredith's wedding that ended up being Alex and Izzy's wedding.  All they would need is Bill Murray's Tootsie character saying, "That is one nutty hospital."

• Love 4

did anyone else like when karev beat down ross? I am talking about when ross did that risky surgery on karev's dad, alex tackled him and punched him in the face a couple times. I was like go alex! I cant stand shane ross, never liked him. well, on to the next episode

Does anyone else regularly watch the reruns on Lifetime?

I've been watching over the last few weeks and, although I hated the Alzheimer's trial story, I find myself enjoying the episodes. The show has a different feel than the current episodes and I think I'm enjoying the characters that are no longer there (Lexie, Mark, Teddy and Derek). It's almost like it's the calm before the storm before the plane crash. It seems like the dynamics changed after the crash, and again after Christina and Derek left.

• Love 1

Yes, I can catch an episode or two after work and it's a nice way to decompress. I've seen the earlier stuff up until George meets bus a zillion times but I've only seen the seasons they're showing now once or twice. I am very thankful that the circle of friends I've maintained in real life for over ten years is largely intact with very few plane crashes, shootings and electrocutions.

• Love 1
On ‎05‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, skermac said:

So, I'm up to the episode where Alex flew back to unhook baby tommy and be with morgan while her baby died, very sad, I don't know why the baby had to be written off or how it furthers things in the show. I know this is a real old story line for most of you and you may not even remember the episode.  but for me it was a really good episode, even with the baby dying.

It was a really good episode, and that scene was very touching.  I'm actually glad (although that isn't the right word) that the show let the baby die, because in real life, a baby that premature would most likely die.

Rewatching this on Lifetime too.  It is my unwind ritual but I still yell at the tv at Arizona and Callie saying she is going to take your baby!

I could not watch the plane crash again.  Really Lexie's death was just inhumane and downright disrespectful for her character.

Miss Mark, Derek and Christine the most and still debating watching the new season in the fall.

• Love 1

I'm watching the Lifetime episodes following the plane crash. I forgot how obnoxious Leah and Stephanie were. Stephanie grew on me; Leah did not.  Also, Callie gets on my nerves more than I remembered. She seems whinier than the original airings, although I think that could have been because I didn't care for her when she left and was glad to see her go. 

• Love 1

Yeah, I watched a scene with all the new interns and it made me kind of smile to know that only one of them survived to see this coming season. But I would happily trade Jo for Stephanie any day of the week.

• Love 2

Ive just made it to season 11, taking longer than I thought, some days I watch several episodes, some days I watch only one or not at all only because I am too busy.  still loving this show, especially Amelia nd Jo, they are my current crushes, whats everyone elses character crush?

Just started watching this show, I'm in season 3 right now (the one with the joined twins fighting over the girlfriend, lol). 

The fact that Izzy thought she was somehow morally superior to Christina (after she lied about Burke's condition) is fucking laughable tbh. This is a woman who formed a relationship with her patient, lied about the state he was in in an attempt to jump others (who also needed a heart and probably were worse off at that time) on the transplant list, and then literally almost killed him. Never mind the fact that she put Burke in a "wrong place, wrong time" situation due directly to her negligence.

The others, sure whatever, but Izzy, of all people, should've been checked long before Meredith eventually said "you cut the LVAD wire". She didn't even need to say "And Christina performed the ECHO" for her point to be valid.

• Love 4

I'm rewatching on Netflix, I first started watching last year when a friend bugged me too and watched all the seasons available within the summer. Anyway I really don't like Mark. He's a pig. I don't like the Mark/Callie/Arizona having a kid thing either I just thought it was dumb especially since Calzona has like 0 communication. I don't like him with Lexie (as much as I like Japril, I liked Lexie with Jackson best) he just physically looks so much older than her. Yeah he's handsome but he looks like he could be her dad and it's weird lol. I love Addison so freaking much I would love for a reason for her to come back as a guest before the show ends. Jackson totally did her wrong by dumping her in front of everyone and I do like her but holy damn Stephanie was dumb for getting so involved with him in the first place. I loved Callie in the beginning but I'm really starting to dislike her. Arizona is annoying me too but I think I prefer her over Callie. Amelia is dumb. I forgot how much I love the flashback episode, especially Ellis and Richard working on one of the first AIDS cases I think that was so neat. 

my thoughts are scattered rn sorry

• Love 2
5 hours ago, beachespeaches said:

I'm rewatching on Netflix, I first started watching last year when a friend bugged me too and watched all the seasons available within the summer. Anyway I really don't like Mark. He's a pig. I don't like the Mark/Callie/Arizona having a kid thing either I just thought it was dumb especially since Calzona has like 0 communication. I don't like him with Lexie (as much as I like Japril, I liked Lexie with Jackson best) he just physically looks so much older than her. Yeah he's handsome but he looks like he could be her dad and it's weird lol. I love Addison so freaking much I would love for a reason for her to come back as a guest before the show ends. Jackson totally did her wrong by dumping her in front of everyone and I do like her but holy damn Stephanie was dumb for getting so involved with him in the first place. I loved Callie in the beginning but I'm really starting to dislike her. Arizona is annoying me too but I think I prefer her over Callie. Amelia is dumb. I forgot how much I love the flashback episode, especially Ellis and Richard working on one of the first AIDS cases I think that was so neat. 

my thoughts are scattered rn sorry

I'm watching on Netflix too, my first time with this show. I like Mark and I don't think he looks too old at all. I like him and Lexi are great together. True love transcends age imo and they seem to really love each other. I was genuinely sad when Mark and Lexi were gone I like Addidson a lot and I tried to watch a few episodes of the practice but the character wasn't as good on there, I don't kno why, maybe because there wasn't enough surgery, I wish she would come back to Greys.

• Love 1

I think season 13 ended up being the worst of all with zero movement in any of the characters lives. It's like everything stalled, a bubble season.

but Izzy, of all people, should've been checked long before Meredith eventually said "you cut the LVAD wire". She didn't even need to say "And Christina performed the ECHO" for her point to be valid.

Remind me when Meredith said this?

On 8/10/2017 at 10:24 PM, skermac said:

I'm watching on Netflix too, my first time with this show. I like Mark and I don't think he looks too old at all. I like him and Lexi are great together. True love transcends age imo and they seem to really love each other. I was genuinely sad when Mark and Lexi were gone I like Addidson a lot and I tried to watch a few episodes of the practice but the character wasn't as good on there, I don't kno why, maybe because there wasn't enough surgery, I wish she would come back to Greys.

I wish Addison would come back.   I hate Jo.   I always did love Mark.  What got me was when he first showed up and he and Meredith had the "dirty mistresses ' club "

• Love 1
On 8/12/2017 at 8:51 AM, Chas411 said:

Remind me when Meredith said this?

Season 3, episode 10 "Don't Stand So Close to Me". Meredith is ranting to the team about cutting Christina slack.

Here's the full quote:

MEREDITH: "Izzie, you cut the LVAD wire and she stuck by you and did Denny's ECHO. Alex cheated on Izzie with syph nurse and she helped you study for your boards. And George, when everybody was calling you 007-"

GEORGE: "She was calling me 007." [leaves]
MEREDITH: "Just let her off the hook."
ALEX: "It's okay."
IZZIE: "Sorry."
Edited by langway

I'm watching all the episodes for the first time,  I'm on season 11 and just watched the Derek car crash, good episode but very sad, however I felt more sad when I saw George go. I may be the only one. But I am so mad at Shonda Rhimes right now, I understand that Patrick Dempsey no longer wanted to be on the show, but they didn't need to kill his character, If Shond Rhimes couldn't figure out a way to let Derek go without killing him off, she should have used her writers, she had access to the best in the business. Screw Shonda Rhimes, I will never watch any new shows she creates because she is good enough to make us emotionally invested then screws us. GA is the only show by her I will ever watch, bank on it. She can kiss my a** after what she did to Derek and Geoerge. And that's another thing, Patrick wanted off the show for hi family, no problems, but George was killed off because TS Knight said he wasn't getting much screen time anymore, that's totally Shondas's fault and is unforgivable. She needs to be brought down a notch or 2. 

1 hour ago, skermac said:

I understand that Patrick Dempsey no longer wanted to be on the show, but they didn't need to kill his character, If Shond Rhimes couldn't figure out a way to let Derek go without killing him off,

How, exactly, do you write  out a major character like Patrick Dempsey, who is married to the LEAD actress? Do you have him fall in love with another person and leave Meredith? Do you have him take another job in another state or country and leave his wife and children behind? (Tried that, it didn't stick) I'm pretty sure your arch-nemesis, Shonda, thought about what was the most believable, authentic, way to write him out without doing major damage to the character's reputation. Actors leave shows all the time for various reasons, and it's up to the writers to figure out the best way to accomplish that. It's easy enough to say they should have done this or they should have done that but until you actually have to do it and weigh in all the ramifications, it's just not that simple and easy.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Scatterbrained said:

She felt that Derek would have to die, in order for the story to make sense.  She felt that he would never just leave this wife and these children

Exactly. It's the only logical way to write out the character and still maintain his image and reputation. Now, Shonda has written out characters and sometimes in horrible ways, but Derek was a beloved character and no matter the differences the actor had with Shonda, she gave him the respect he was due and killed him off.

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, Jacks-Son said:

Exactly. It's the only logical way to write out the character and still maintain his image and reputation. Now, Shonda has written out characters and sometimes in horrible ways, but Derek was a beloved character and no matter the differences the actor had with Shonda, she gave him the respect he was due and killed him off.

I'm sorry I just think they could have found a way to write his character off without killing him off or having him leave his family, maybe I'm not thinking because I feel too emotional right now, but its how I feel, maybe I will have a different opinion tomorrow after I sleep on it

Edited by skermac
3 hours ago, skermac said:

That's the thing, I don't know how I would have written him out either, sorry to be such  pain

?? Why apologize? You felt Shonda should not have killed off Patrick Dempsey's character.  A lot of people struggled with her decision. Unfortunately, there was no better option. I think killing off characters is Shonda's go-to move. I also think she knew better than to kill off Cristina; there would have been rioting in the streets.

• Love 2

I'm on season 12 now, started off great! I was so happy with Pierce, she hit that lady in the head, some lady that wanted to send her gay daughter to a camp that would "cure" her of being gay, it was great, I was clapping for Pierce. On the other hand, Jackson needs to talk to April, he is being a jerk, ignoring her. But maybe it will get better, I'm only on episode 2 of this season

April and Jackson are going through difficulties that millions of families have gone through. That's reality. Hopefully, they'll work things out eventually; but it's a long and painful process. Some couples survive it, obviously some couples don't. IMO, they still love each other. Last time I watched, April was pregnant again. As I said before, the last episode I watched of GA, Mer was on the plane with the Not!Derek dude that I cannot stand.

The episode with the train crash that had the man and woman impaled on the pole was on today. That one always gets me. Making the decision who they're going to try to save and who is going to die. And Derek in the elevator at the end after he talked with the fiancé and he also told Meredith that he was staying with Addison. His eyes just said it all.

• Love 5

I just saw the episode where Alex beat up Deluca, I swear I like him and Jo together, but she needs to tell Alex the whole truth and he needs to let her talk, come on Shonda get with it! Give Alex and Jo a happy relationship

I honestly just prefer to pretend seasons 12 and 13 never happened. They may as well not have for all the progress or development that was made for any of the characters. Season 13 especially was just one stalled mess filled with boring bubble episodes where absolutely no storyline progressed.

• Love 5
10 hours ago, Chas411 said:

I honestly just prefer to pretend seasons 12 and 13 never happened. They may as well not have for all the progress or development that was made for any of the characters. Season 13 especially was just one stalled mess filled with boring bubble episodes where absolutely no storyline progressed.

The good news is that you CAN pretend that season 13 never happened, and it will not disrupt the story in the least as everyone was pretty much in the same place at the finale as they were at the premiere (except for Alex, but he was barely in season 13....)

• Love 2