Type keyword(s) to search

Past Seasons Talk: From Seattle Grace to Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital

• Start Topic

Yesterday, Lifetime showed George's death. My husband had never seen it before, but he thought the way they identified him was someone continually calling his cell and then everyone realizing who the John Doe's cell belonged to. I told him that was someone else who was in an accident, but cannot remember who. Does anyone remember?

Could he possibly be thinking of Gant (Omar Epps) on ER? He was an intern who committed suicide by jumping in front of a train, and no one realized until his cell began to ring (as they were calling him to assist with the case)

I can't remember if it's ever happened on this show...

Edited by flickers
  • Love 5

They identified George by having him finger-write "007" on to Meredith's hand until she figured out that was what he was writing---that was his nickname from the first season (episode?) where he was selected to do the first appendectomy in their early days of training. 

On October 27, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Chas411 said:

Owen arrives and though his entrance is a bit eye rolling I'm not as opposed to him as I originally was.

When he first showed up, I thought he came across as a predator with Cristina. I realize he was dealing with his traumatizing war experiences and their aftermath, but he is creepy in that scene when he first kisses Cristina.

• Love 1
On November 10, 2015 at 11:37 AM, Joana said:

It was very long time ago and I've never rewatched those episodes, but I could swear that Callie started out as a weird girl no one knew/liked? And then she transformed into a sex goddess of some kind. 

Yes, that's true. I remember someone saying she was so hot she was almost dirty. I'm pretty sure it was a female, and not Hahn. 

She came across as hippyish and very seductive -- all of the time, with everyone -- and really went after George. (Although, regarding George and Callie, binge watching episodes gives the impression that things happen faster.) 

I've always liked her.

• Love 1
On December 26, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Joana said:

There's something I never really got and catching some reruns on TV reminded me of it - where did the whole "Callie is bisexual and Arizona can't handle it" thing come from? There's been literally no mention of it ever since they got together until the episode with their final breakup. Arizona did often feel insecure around Mark, but that hardly has much to do with Callie's sexuality itself. 

In fact, I don't think the word "bisexual" was used in all the seasons after Callie first hooked up with dr Hahn as much as it was in those episodes focusing on their marriage counselling and breakup and immediately after it.

It must have been a way to introduce a male love interest for Callie which they later dropped for some reason. 

The word was used when Callie and Arizona were first discussing Callie's pregnancy and Arizona's issues with it. Arizona conceded, "I realize you're bisexual."

I stopped watching before Christina left and Derrick died.  I thought the aftermath of the plane crash was very realistic, however, it reminded me of what happened with ER after it had been on for several years.  It became one catastrophe after another, and constant misery for the characters.  I watched the latest episode to find out Alex's fate, and he wasn't even in the episode.

I was wondering... 
I wonder how different this show would be, had they had the guts to fire Izzie.

does Christina cover for Burke? (and ultimately I feel this tanks their relationship more than anything else - outside factors aside)
does Meredith switch the Alzhemizer's test results?
does Bailey do the AIDS test on Bubble Boy?

and I am actually really curious, this show forgot what made seasons 1-3 so compelling. Loved (or Loathed) Denny - you were RIGHT THERE in the room with Izzie and you can see why she did it and you saw the signs coming for two seasons. why this stuff isn't on the show anymore is beyond me.

• Love 2

Currently on s asin 4 on netflix, i hate the writers, they make us care about people then kill them off, if i was in charge there would only be happy endings, I really like lexie and izzie, if they die I will be super pissed, just sayin

• Love 1

Keep us posted as you catch up! It's always interesting to me to get realish time reactions from someone watching the show for the first time.  It's been so long ago for me that I forget how strongly I felt here and there about episodes in the earlier seasons. 

• Love 3

I had a thought the other day, and perhaps some of the actual medical professionals who hang around her could weigh in (at least on how this would play out in the real world. The Grey's world is of course, another matter entirely).

But I was wondering about Derek's brain tumour clinical trial. Ultimately it was successful, so I was just wondering what ever happened to that research. I mean, I realize that you don't complete a trial, and then just go "Ta-da! That worked, so as of tomorrow, this new thing will be standard practice!" I assume that at least a few other doctors would have to be able to replicate the results, and then there are official approvals and so on and so forth. I guess I'm just wondering what sort of timelines would normally be involved in something like that. Might there ever be a time on this show when we'll get to watch our intrepid doctors have inapproriate conversations while casually simultaneously injecting someone's tumour with whatever they used in the trial? (I mean, assuming the writers even remembered that this was a thing.)

• Love 1
(edited)

I just rewatched Seasons 1-2-3.  I have several NEWISH perspectives now on why the show lost it's shine very early on in season 3. 

#1. Izzie:  Good LORD she became a very frustrating character.  She should have been fired as a surgeon after Denny... It would have been FAR more interesting to her character to have her switch specialties (Like Richard said would happen on day 1) to something like psych.  It would have played into the "surgery is tough and people drop out like flies" speech in season 1, and it would have given Izzie something else to do.  Iz also got VERY whiny post-denny.  Her irritation over Callie was over-the-top annoying.  She became the preacher preachy girl in S3.  She was HELLA annoying.  

#2.  Bailey started to lose her way in S3.  She lost a lot of her bad ass self.  

#3.  Callie.   Re-watching made me realize what a BAD pairing she and George were....if only aesthetically, though I always felt that George acted as if he was in some way BETTER than Callie.  He always seemed to talk down to her...I hated that even though I was NOT a Callie fan.  Sara is a beautiful woman, and she looked much more beautiful beside Eric Dane or Brooke Smith....
T.R. Knight just made her look....not like Sara should look.  This is all my opinion, but really....it seemed like they went out of their way to make her look big, almost like...."See!  Grey's has a BIG GIRL on the show and she's SEXY"  Kinda odd, weird, and after school special.  As a thicker girl myself it just felt very.....meh.   Also...Callie was very VERY forced onto the viewer.  They didn't introduce her gently, she was pushed into the show very forcefully.  

#4.  Mer/Der:  NOW I remember why it was so frustrating to watch S3.  Those two acted like MORONS for WAY.TOO.LONG. with the communication issues.  I swear, I had high blood pressure just watching it.  

#5.  NDE:  Meredith's 3 arc suicide special was truly the shark jump.   The show, while going down hill from the beginning of S3, was DOA after Meredith was hanging around in the afterlife.  

#6.  Addison should've left the show after the panties in the pocket incident.  She felt unnecessary after that.  Cast bloat began to be a BIG problem in S3/S4 and beyond.  

S3 bright spot:  "From a Whisper to a Scream" was a brilliant episode.  Cristina/George after the death of Mr. O'Malley was beautiful.  That pairing was pure gold.  It's too bad we didn't see more of them together as frenemies other than Cristina naked at the apartment.    

Edited by Meow25
  • Love 1

This is a pretty good article.  Basically more personal and professional issues (i.e. coming out as gay and backstage drama with Isaiah Washington saying some homophobic things as well as feeling like he wasn't getting enough material from Shonda).

I also saw George's funeral episode at the gym last night. Even with the sound off, it reminded me how good this show used to be and also how many main characters are either gone or dead (George, Izzy, Cristina, Callie, Mark, Lexie, Derek, etc.)

Edited by Hasseltine
  • Love 2

I started watching this show on Netflix for the first time about a month ago, I'm up to season 8 now. I really liked George ad wish he would have gotten more screen time, so the actor would have wanted to stay on the show. I always liked Alex, at first he seemed like a jerk but he always comes through in the end, he has had a rough life and doesn't trust much because of it. I really like Izzie and miss her too. One thing bout these early shows is its hardnto to get attached to any character but you really don't want to, but they will die. I currently really like Lexie, but I have seen spoilers about what will happen to her and I will not like it. I lost it when George died and wished I could fire Shonda, I will probably feel the same when I see Lexie go. Let me put it thi way, if I ran ABC there would be a lot less death on this show for sure.

On 5/22/2017 at 6:56 PM, skermac said:

any character crushes from past seasons?

My first was Izzie, then Lexie and April

I was an Izzie fan, but that whole dream thing bothered me. I've always like Katherine Heigl and I enjoyed her in "Roswell" and "Knocked Up".  She's made some questionable career choices though, and she can't seem to shake those ugly rumors that she's difficult to work with.

Lexie was a cutie pie and I didn't like how she died, but she's looking even hotter on "Supergirl".

Now, April, you're gonna find a whole lotta hatred for the character. However, I happen to like Sarah Drew (I think I'm also one of the few that doesn't mind her character) and enjoyed her acting on "Everwood".

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Now, April, you're gonna find a whole lotta hatred for the character. However, I happen to like Sarah Drew (I think I'm also one of the few that doesn't mind her character) and enjoyed her acting on "Everwood".

I agree with you here, although I am often frustrated with how April is written.  I don't think the writers have really known what to do wither since she lost her virginity and the "virgin" moniker.  On the other hand, I see in her more opportunity for growth than I do in most of the other characters.

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:23 AM, stuckin60s said:

I am new to GA.  Started watching the first seasons during the day.  Would anyone tell me why they killed off George?  I know there were personal issues with Burke and Izzy, but why George?

I saw someplace the actor that played George said he was not getting enough screen time and he asked to be let go, now he gets zero screen time I think, I have never seen him again on any show or movie, has anyone else? I really liked George.

22 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

I was an Izzie fan, but that whole dream thing bothered me. I've always like Katherine Heigl and I enjoyed her in "Roswell" and "Knocked Up".  She's made some questionable career choices though, and she can't seem to shake those ugly rumors that she's difficult to work with.

Lexie was a cutie pie and I didn't like how she died, but she's looking even hotter on "Supergirl".

I don't know why people would hate April, does she become a jerk or something after season 8?

Edited by skermac
On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 1:24 AM, pennben said:

Keep us posted as you catch up! It's always interesting to me to get realish time reactions from someone watching the show for the first time.  It's been so long ago for me that I forget how strongly I felt here and there about episodes in the earlier seasons. 

I'm noew up te part where Adele told Richard to put her in that nursing home. The biggest that that still nags at me was when George died, I still get choked up when he writes 007 on Mer's hand and she realizes it him. I'm trying to prepeare myself for when Lexie dies, I'm not looking forward to that episode, I will probably have a melt down. But I still look forward to watching a few episodes each day. Sometimes I wake in the middle of the night, watch and episode then go back to bed. I'm addicted.

(edited)

Not sure why the brass at ABC lets her get away with killing off so many characters we become attached to, if I was in charge at ABC, those decisions wold have to be approved by me and there would be a lot less death on the show, thoughts?

Edited by skermac
(edited)
On 5/22/2017 at 6:54 PM, skermac said:

I currently really like Lexie, but I have seen spoilers about what will happen to her and I will not like it. I lost it when George died and wished I could fire Shonda, I will probably feel the same when I see Lexie go. Let me put it thi way, if I ran ABC there would be a lot less death on this show for sure.

I am a die-hard "Farscape" fan, as you can see by my avatar, and "Grey's Anatomy" reminds me of Farscape's most tragic season. It was aptly named by the writers, "The Season of Death".  One of the facets of "Grey's Anatomy" that you must come to reconcile is that Shonda forces the viewers to come to grips with the one thing in life we all share, Death. For every happy ending to a case, there's also a case that ends in tragedy. Tears of joy are sometimes accompanied by tears of grief.  I think there were four deaths in Grey's that were gut-punches to fans. George's death was the first. @skermac, I won't mention two of the four, because you may not have come to those parts yet. You've heard of Lexie's death and that was a toughie. Two other team deaths had as much of an impact on the survivors as well as the fans.

2 hours ago, skermac said:

I don't know why people would hate April, does she become a jerk or something after season 8?

No, April does not become a jerk. She is, however, a little grating on the nerves for some viewers. For one, she's a devout Christian, and can sometimes appear hypocritical. Her most glaring hypocrisy was to ask for God's forgiveness, every time she made love with Jackson. That rubbed a lot of the interns and residents the wrong way. (and probably a lot of fans also)  Either enjoy making love, or don't do it.  April was torn about her attraction to Jackson. She also had a relationship with a fireman, all the while longing for Jackson. As OtterMommy said, the writers simply don't know how to write for Sarah Drew. (she had the same problem with "Everwood" writers where she was again, saving herself for her future husband and was a bit of a "Goody Two-Shoes") I like April, but she IS an acquired taste. April goes through some tough times both in her own life and with her life with Jackson.

I'm trying to prepeare myself for when Lexie dies, I'm not looking forward to that episode, I will probably have a melt down.

I don't think it's possible to prepare yourself for Lexie's death. That whole episode shook everyone. Cast, writers, and fans, were in shock for quite a while after that whole incident. If I remember correctly, it took Meredith almost one full year to accept the fact that her baby sister died.  "Grey's Anatomy" was never quite the same after that episode.

Edited by Jacks-Son
Addition of the last quote.
  • Love 2

Why would ABC intervene when Grey's is a massive worldwide force and still their #1 drama and top-rated scripted series in the demo after 13 years? Derek's death had a positive effect on viewership. It's Shonda's show and she's obviously doing something right. People tune in for drama... and, honestly, it's crazy how much flack Shonda gets for killing off only a handful of characters. Derek died because Patrick had to be written out. Chyler asked to leave so Lexi was killed. There are just as many cases of regulars leaving without dying: Steph, Callie, Cristina, Burke, Izzie, Teddy, Leah, Shane, Hahn. 

• Love 3

I agree with @BaseOps that the idea that regular characters in this show are killed off right and left is an erroneous one.  

My problem is not with the number of characters killed (which, again, is 4), but the lack of any creativity in their death.  Look at it:

George - Hit by a bus
Lexi and Mark - Plane crash (or, for the sake of this argument, hit by the ground while in a plane)
Derek - Hit by a truck

Do you see a pattern here?  Everyone is killed in some sort of vehicular accident.  No one gets sick, no one meets some other sort of accident, no one is murdered.  Yes, there were the interns that were shot and the one that was electrocuted, but I wouldn't consider them "regulars."   None of them had their own story lines or had been on the show for even a complete season.  I thought maybe Izzie would be the exception, but she miraculously survived cancer, only to disappear....

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 9:47 AM, BaseOps said:

Why would ABC intervene when Grey's is a massive worldwide force and still their #1 drama and top-rated scripted series in the demo after 13 years? Derek's death had a positive effect on viewership. It's Shonda's show and she's obviously doing something right. People tune in for drama... and, honestly, it's crazy how much flack Shonda gets for killing off only a handful of characters. Derek died because Patrick had to be written out. Chyler asked to leave so Lexi was killed. There are just as many cases of regulars leaving without dying: Steph, Callie, Cristina, Burke, Izzie, Teddy, Leah, Shane, Hahn. 

you have a good point, but for me some of the guest stars dying makes me sad/mad, I get its a drama, but do so many people have to die after getting a simple procedure? There can be drama other than death. I just saw an episode where an elderly guy got heart surgery, his wife was so worried, but he survived and she died in the waiting room, what the what!? I'm sorry I just want more happy endings.

I noticed when a suregeon tells a patient everything possible will be done, that usually means the patient is gonna die, then the relative/friend is told we did everything we could lol am I imagining this. I tell ya if I went to Seattle Grace, if it was real, and I asked if my chances with whatever surgery I needed and I was told don't worry we will do all we can, I would be running for the door lol

ive seen some people say they don't like Arizona, but I like her, however her attitude is sometimes bad, still if she was single and straight and I was a doctor there I would definitely ask her out. I also like Morgan I just got to the episode where Karev decided to avoid her and stop helping her baby because he thought another crazy lady was becoming attached to him. Screw that, I would stay with her the whole time, she is a hottie, I like Teddy too.

Thank you Jacks-son for explaining to me. I appreciate it

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 1:29 AM, Jacks-Son said:

I'm honestly attracted to the April character and I think so far, she is too nice which makes the others make fun of her. I would be her knight lol

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 1:48 PM, Hasseltine said:

This is a pretty good article.  Basically more personal and professional issues (i.e. coming out as gay and backstage drama with Isaiah Washington saying some homophobic things as well as feeling like he wasn't getting enough material from Shonda).

I also saw George's funeral episode at the gym last night. Even with the sound off, it reminded me how good this show used to be and also how many main characters are either gone or dead (George, Izzy, Cristina, Callie, Mark, Lexie, Derek, etc.)

I miss them all too, I think when I watch all episodes on Netflix I will watch the first 3 or 4 episodes again just to see my favorite characters

5 hours ago, skermac said:

I'm honestly attracted to the April character and I think so far, she is too nice which makes the others make fun of her. I would be her knight lol

You're welcome. April can be a pill, but that hasn't stopped her from being a damn good doctor. One would never have predicted that she would become so good, considering failing the boards the first time. Why? Because she got so wrapped up in her quandary over her feelings for Jackson.

@skermac, there are a lot of deaths in Grey's. It would be a good idea if you steel yourself against the sadness and think of the good times, like the "Twisted Sisters" dancing it off. That always brought a smile.

• Love 1

Remember, "Grey's Anatomy" is not like "House, MD". In "House", I barely remember anybody dying except, for Kutner, who committed suicide (I think). Medical dramas usually try to have patients survive, unlike in real life.  In Grey's, as stated, only four team members died, discounting the baby of two team members. Shonda likes to center her shows around interpersonal dramas.

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 5:13 PM, Chas411 said:

I'm onto season 11 now and the difference from Cristina leaving is glaring. Maggie actually doesn't feel as forced this time. My other half (we're doing the rewatch because he's never seen it) loves her. He also loves Jo, Alex, Webber, hates April/Jackson and on rewatch I don't blame him.

The introduction of Amelia also causes a noticeable shift because as soon as she becomes a full time cast member there's definetly less of a place to McDreamy. I find them both very unlikeable.

Merediths shift in personality is exactly how I remember it. Infuriating. Her whole attitude to Jo shifts basically the second Cristina drives away and she decides she wants Alex to herself. The friendship with Alex is just unhealthy especially during the episode where he tries to get the boardseat. She had previously been so warm and caring towards him and always looked out for him. It's almost unbelievable how unhealthy the friendship becomes. Everything that made it great gets taken away. 

I really like April, where I'm at in the show she is still a virgin, and I cant imagine her hooking up with Jackson, I never really cared for him. Cristina is my favorite surgeon, I don't know yet if she resolves things with Owen, but she is now making him explain all the details of what he did when he cheated on her.

anyone else not care for the Denny storyline, I mean I liked him, he was ok, but I didn't like he came back so much when Izzie was busy and didn't want him so much. I felt the character was overused

• Love 2
4 hours ago, skermac said:
  On 11/7/2016 at 5:13 PM, Chas411 said:

I'm onto season 11 now and the difference from Cristina leaving is glaring. Maggie actually doesn't feel as forced this time. My other half (we're doing the rewatch because he's never seen it) loves her. He also loves Jo, Alex, Webber, hates April/Jackson and on rewatch I don't blame him.

The introduction of Amelia also causes a noticeable shift because as soon as she becomes a full time cast member there's definetly less of a place to McDreamy. I find them both very unlikeable.

Merediths shift in personality is exactly how I remember it. Infuriating. Her whole attitude to Jo shifts basically the second Cristina drives away and she decides she wants Alex to herself. The friendship with Alex is just unhealthy especially during the episode where he tries to get the boardseat. She had previously been so warm and caring towards him and always looked out for him. It's almost unbelievable how unhealthy the friendship becomes. Everything that made it great gets taken away. 

Well, Meredith and Jo's situation comes to a head, but they end up working it out. As far as Meredith and Alex, I will admit that Meredith became needy for a while once Christina left and other events transpired. However, Alex is her "Person" now, and they both understand the rules of that relationship. They both need each other, and frankly, I think they would go to war with anybody who hurts the other. A lot of people speculated that the relationship between Alex and Mer was weird, but I don't think so. Alex has always had a screwed up life, but the difference between the young Alex, and this more mature Alex is profound. A lot of that change is due to Mer's influence. There's also a lot of animosity among fans towards Mer; some fans see her as a "special snowflake" and not in a nice way.

4 hours ago, skermac said:

I really like April, where I'm at in the show she is still a virgin, and I cant imagine her hooking up with Jackson, I never really cared for him. Cristina is my favorite surgeon, I don't know yet if she resolves things with Owen, but she is now making him explain all the details of what he did when he cheated on her.

anyone else not care for the Denny storyline, I mean I liked him, he was ok, but I didn't like he came back so much when Izzie was busy and didn't want him so much. I felt the character was overused

@skermac, sometimes, I get confused where you are in the series. Perhaps it's because some events happened so long ago, I really don't remember what events happened in a particular season. To me, April lost her virginity so long ago, that I just see April and think of Jackson. They've been a couple so long, that I forget how they were before. I'm cool with Jackson and I respect that he wants to be his own man without that Avery anvil tied around his ankle. Denny and Izzie, yuck!!!  Too weird. Perhaps I still see Denny as the Winchester dad from "Supernatural".

Owen...don't like him.  Another needy person and very suffocating in his relationships. He seems to define himself by being a father or having a child.

Christina was my girl. Brash, confident, a real pushy person, but as one half of the "Twisted Sisters", she was a diamond in the rough and I still miss her.  Arizona is cool, but I also miss Callie and Sophia.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Well, Meredith and Jo's situation comes to a head, but they end up working it out. As far as Meredith and Alex, I will admit that Meredith became needy for a while once Christina left and other events transpired. However, Alex is her "Person" now, and they both understand the rules of that relationship. They both need each other, and frankly, I think they would go to war with anybody who hurts the other. A lot of people speculated that the relationship between Alex and Mer was weird, but I don't think so. Alex has always had a screwed up life, but the difference between the young Alex, and this more mature Alex is profound. A lot of that change is due to Mer's influence. There's also a lot of animosity among fans towards Mer; some fans see her as a "special snowflake" and not in a nice way.

@skermac, sometimes, I get confused where you are in the series. Perhaps it's because some events happened so long ago, I really don't remember what events happened in a particular season. To me, April lost her virginity so long ago, that I just see April and think of Jackson. They've been a couple so long, that I forget how they were before. I'm cool with Jackson and I respect that he wants to be his own man without that Avery anvil tied around his ankle. Denny and Izzie, yuck!!!  Too weird. Perhaps I still see Denny as the Winchester dad from "Supernatural".

Owen...don't like him.  Another needy person and very suffocating in his relationships. He seems to define himself by being a father or having a child.

Christina was my girl. Brash, confident, a real pushy person, but as one half of the "Twisted Sisters", she was a diamond in the rough and I still miss her.  Arizona is cool, but I also miss Callie and Sophia.

I guess I am really far behind compared to everyone on here. I just watched episode 20 on season 8 which means nothing to anyone that's caught up to the current season on abc. Where I am Richard just visited his wife and found out she was in love witha nother man who also has alzheimers, she no longer recognizes Richard, April is dating no one yet and still being picked on, personally I don't think any of them derserve her, but I am curious to see how she get along with Jackson, I guess I'll get to those episodes soon enough. I have a ways to catch up with everyone on here but I give thanks for being patient with me.

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, skermac said:

I guess I am really far behind compared to everyone on here. I just watched episode 20 on season 8 which means nothing to anyone that's caught up to the current season on abc. Where I am Richard just visited his wife and found out she was in love witha nother man who also has alzheimers, she no longer recognizes Richard, April is dating no one yet and still being picked on, personally I don't think any of them derserve her, but I am curious to see how she get along with Jackson, I guess I'll get to those episodes soon enough. I have a ways to catch up with everyone on here but I give thanks for being patient with me.

While I surmise that you're enjoying discussing "Grey's Anatomy" with other fans, I have to wonder why you would post to this particular thread. In truth, this IS spoiler territory for you. Will you still be able to fully enjoy the series knowing what's to come? For instance, Lexie's death; it hit us all very hard (as well as other deaths) and yet you've indicated that you're dreading the incident that led to her death. Doesn't that take away your own personal feelings regarding such an incident? 

1 hour ago, Jacks-Son said:

While I surmise that you're enjoying discussing "Grey's Anatomy" with other fans, I have to wonder why you would post to this particular thread. In truth, this IS spoiler territory for you. Will you still be able to fully enjoy the series knowing what's to come? For instance, Lexie's death; it hit us all very hard (as well as other deaths) and yet you've indicated that you're dreading the incident that led to her death. Doesn't that take away your own personal feelings regarding such an incident? 

yes I enjoy discussing the show with other fans, and honestly spoilers don't bother me like they should. Knowing who dies is a huge spoiler I know, but actually watching it happen is what kicks me in the gut. I cried for George and I know I will for Lexie so I try to mentally prepare knowing I probably cant and will mostly likely cry anyway. Another spoiler example Ive seen on here is that april hooks up with Jackson and that doesn't bother me, and I just 5 minutes ago just finished the episode where they go for their oral boards and april lost her virginity to Jackson, I didn't really like it because it seemed like casual sex to him, but who knows. I think I will watch another right now

So, I'm up to the episode where Alex flew back to unhook baby tommy and be with morgan while her baby died, very sad, I don't know why the baby had to be written off or how it furthers things in the show. I know this is a real old story line for most of you and you may not even remember the episode.  but for me it was a really good episode, even with the baby dying. I especially loved at the beginning when April punched the guy in the nose because he accused her of stealing his job, good job april! But I didn't like that Jackson took her V, it doesn't look like he hs any feelings for her. I hope he didn't use her.

43 minutes ago, skermac said:

Another spoiler example Ive seen on here is that april hooks up with Jackson and that doesn't bother me, and I just 5 minutes ago just finished the episode where they go for their oral boards and april lost her virginity to Jackson, I didn't really like it because it seemed like casual sex to him, but who knows. I think I will watch another right now

I think you're giving Jackson motives that aren't there. I believe that Jackson truly had feelings for April, he was just confused and in some respects, angry, with April. Angry because she seemed to be blaming him for the loss of her virginity and her break with her Faith. April, during this time, inadvertently boasted of her virginity and when it was discovered that she had pre-marital sex with Jackson, she took a lot of derision from other staff. Jackson "knew" April wanted to go down this path, but had no intention of taking advantage of her weakness nor did he want to be blamed by her. Jackson is not a religious man and he just couldn't understand her position.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

I think you're giving Jackson motives that aren't there. I believe that Jackson truly had feelings for April, he was just confused and in some respects, angry, with April. Angry because she seemed to be blaming him for the loss of her virginity and her break with her Faith. April, during this time, inadvertently boasted of her virginity and when it was discovered that she had pre-marital sex with Jackson, she took a lot of derision from other staff. Jackson "knew" April wanted to go down this path, but had no intention of taking advantage of her weakness nor did he want to be blamed by her. Jackson is not a religious man and he just couldn't understand her position.

I guess I was unfair to Jackson, because thinking about it, April was the one that threw herself on him, he even asked her if she was sure before they did it.

On 5/23/2017 at 0:56 AM, skermac said:

any character crushes from past seasons?

My first was Izzie, then Lexie and April

Besides them, I also liked Addison. Maybe too much time passed, but it was nice when she was part of the hospital. 

3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Besides them, I also liked Addison. Maybe too much time passed, but it was nice when she was part of the hospital. 

I thought Addison was cool, I started watching Private Practice just for her, but the show is just ok, not as good as I thought it would be, hardly any surgeries going on, at least not enough imo and not the same type drama as on Greys, but Addison is stil good tho

• Love 1

omg I love Cristina! Old news for most, but new for me, I just now watched the episode where they took their oral boards, she told off that old fossil doctor and still passed. I loved her attitude with him. But I think April failed, at the end they were checking results on their phones and she had a sad look on her face. I just wanted to hug and tell her everything is ok no matter what. Another good think I think is Lexie finally told Mark how much she loves him. This show just keeps getting better and better. Time for another episode. right now :)

• Love 1

noooo... so I watched the episode about oral boards then I watched the one right after that and the plane crashed, then I watched one more, 3 back to back, Lexie!!!!!  Mark!!!!!! My day was great now ruined. I'm gonna give myself a pity party. Going to bed now for the next 12 hours and cry myself to sleep. I should have known I couldn't prepare for what I knew was gonna happen. Shonda, you are fired!

well, I could only stay in bed a couple hours, I slept a bit and feel a lot better, but wanted to vent just a little more, I'm sorry if I seem annoying, I don't mean to be. I was just researching why people left, Chyler wanted to leave, Eric had no choice, The word is ABC cut the budget and Shonda had to cut one of the stars, I don't know how Eric was chosen, but it dosnt sit well with me, but nothing I can do. I will always miss Dr Sloan.  end rant.

• Love 1
On 5/31/2017 at 9:59 PM, skermac said:

well, I could only stay in bed a couple hours, I slept a bit and feel a lot better, but wanted to vent just a little more, I'm sorry if I seem annoying, I don't mean to be. I was just researching why people left, Chyler wanted to leave, Eric had no choice, The word is ABC cut the budget and Shonda had to cut one of the stars, I don't know how Eric was chosen, but it dosnt sit well with me, but nothing I can do. I will always miss Dr Sloan.  end rant.

Well, Chyler Leigh is doing just fine and looking hotter than ever as Alex Danvers on "Supergirl".  She play Kara Danvers' (Supergirl) adopted sister and is a badass.  Eric Dane (McSteamy) stars as Commanding Officer Tom Chandler on TNT's "The Last Ship".  They're both doing fine. Chyler, is a regular and almost top-billing if not for her sister. Eric is the star of his show. They've both moved on to better roles.  

danvers_grils.jpeg

eric_dane.jpeg

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Jacks-Son said:

Well, Chyler Leigh is doing just fine and looking hotter than ever as Alex Danvers on "Supergirl".  She play Kara Danvers' (Supergirl) adopted sister and is a badass.  Eric Dane (McSteamy) stars as Commanding Officer Tom Chandler on TNT's "The Last Ship".  They're both doing fine. Chyler, is a regular and almost top-billing if not for her sister. Eric is the star of his show. They've both moved on to better roles.  

danvers_grils.jpeg

eric_dane.jpeg

thanks! Ive nevr been big on super hero shows but I might check out super girl, definitely gonna see what The Last ship is like.

so, I was wondering what actress played Boki, because I don't remember seeing her face, turns out its not an actress, she is a real life scrub nurse,, I was reading they use a lot of nurses on the show to make the surgeries look more realistic.

1 hour ago, skermac said:

so, I was wondering what actress played Boki, because I don't remember seeing her face, turns out its not an actress, she is a real life scrub nurse,, I was reading they use a lot of nurses on the show to make the surgeries look more realistic.

Yes, Boki is one of the team's silent "stars". I don't think she has ever spoken except perhaps maybe once. Also, I think in one of the most recent episodes, someone even spoke to her and even called her by name. (I haven't watched Grey's since the Mer/"What's his face" plane meeting, since I can't stand the character; he's so un-Derek-like) She's been on the series since the beginning and appears in most episodes that have operating theatre scenes.

If you DO watch "The Last Ship" it is essential that you watch it from the beginning; it's a very serialized series.  As far as "Supergirl" goes, my youngest son sort of refused to watch it because he's not interested in female superheroes, however I made the argument that since he has female children, he should really introduce them to "gurl power". He finally let his daughters watch "Supergirl" and they loved it.

• Love 1