Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E15: Feeling Hashtagged

I have one foot out with this show. I didn't even finish the episode. I got to the 15 minute mark, decided to DVR because I'll need something to watch when I'm exercising. But overall, I'm meh.

But what I did see had me once again wanting to punch Niecey. Perhaps I wasn't paying attention as much as I should've, but Niecey was being a total bitch to Anika(?) is that her name? Unfortunately, that's a reality for a lot of people. Having to choose between rent and groceries. Niecey gives her money begrudgingly, and cops an "I don't have time for this" attitude. Niecey, the only reason why you're able to hold on to your wad of cash is because you're living rent free at your grandparents house. Not only that, but you also have free childcare available. Her grandparents should be traveling and enjoying their golden years, but instead they have to mind her children. Now, you'd think that Niecey would've realized how blessed she is to not be in the same financial situation as Anika, but, of course, she chooses to be an asshole. Then again, I didn't finish the episode, so maybe I'm jumping the gun and she had the a-ha moment. 

• Love 3

Yes, Niecey did act like an asshole with the woman who is watching her kids while she works at the beauty shop.  Later on, however, she came up with an idea for Anika to rent out car seats for $30.  Niecey came up with the idea after one of her clients was late to her appointment because the cops stopped her and wrote her a $300 ticket for not having her child in a car seat.  Anika already had two car seats that she wasn't using, so that's how they got started, by tweeting out to their single mom friends and she got a few responses right away.  Anika was very thankful, but even then Niecey was acting like she forgot how much help she has been getting from her grandparents and Anika.

1 hour ago, TVForever said:

I'm a little confused. Was "Superfly Ex-Lover" an old boyfriend, or an actual affair?

Judging by the promos, I think it was an actual affair.  I also think Mama Shug knew that Old Superfly was coming to Atlanta, perhaps they had been communicating with each other?

I don't even care about what happens with Mary Jane, Justin, or Kara anymore.  I think the writers need to wrap this shit up and make this the final season because this show has run its course. 

• Love 1

Yes, I was pretty disgusted with Neicy, going home to sweet-talk grandpa into changing his plans so he could watch her kids and throwing shade at all-on-her-own Anika for "flaking out."  Besides the obvious hypocrisy there, I'm pretty sure a kid can survive being in a place without electricity for a few hours.  (The power tends to go out every time it storms around here.  No one curls up and dies.)  Anika knew to preserve the cold in the fridge and had a cooler set up for easy access to snacks.

Looks like they're going to give Neicy a redemption arc, though.  Car seat trade-ins and Single Mommy Hacks are good ideas.  Surprised she didn't immediately hit MJ up for a $5000 starter loan.

There wasn't too much to admire in the three generations of women this week.  (Except Mama Shug can probably out-exercise me and looks better in a leotard.)

• Love 1
On 8/16/2017 at 9:55 AM, TVForever said:

I'm a little confused. Was "Superfly Ex-Lover" an old boyfriend, or an actual affair?

LOL at Superfly, since Fred Williamson was in many blacksplotation movies.

No one mentioned the protest or the racist witch who I hope delelops a disease that causes her to lose her looks, since that is the only reason she got the job in the first place.

• Love 2