Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SilverStormm

Diners, Drive-Ins And Dives

A place to discuss particular episodes, arcs and moments from the show's run. Please remember this isn't a complete catch-all topic -- check out the forum for character topics and other places for show-related talk.

Was at the White Palace Grill in Chicago last weekend for breakfast. Had Chicken Fried Steak, three eggs over easy and hash browns. Food was great, especially the coffee. Soooo...thank you Guy Fieri?

• Like 1

On 8/26/2017 at 1:41 AM, Victor the Crab said:

Was at the White Palace Grill in Chicago last weekend for breakfast. Had Chicken Fried Steak, three eggs over easy and hash browns. Food was great, especially the coffee. Soooo...thank you Guy Fieri?

All hail Guy! Premature? Heh.

On 8/26/2017 at 1:36 AM, Victor the Crab said:

I was in Chicago last weekend and went to the White Palace Grill because it was mentioned on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Does that make me a bad person?

Not at all!

On 8/25/2017 at 11:36 PM, Victor the Crab said:

I was in Chicago last weekend and went to the White Palace Grill because it was mentioned on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives. Does that make me a bad person?

Was it good?

On 2017-08-25 at 10:36 PM, Victor the Crab said:

My sister and I travelled to Tacoma, Washington for a concert in the spring and specifically looked for a place to eat that was on the show. Plus, it was southern food, and there's no southern food in our neck of Canada. 

• Like 1

Guy Fieri is a disgusting pig. I hate watching him stick his fingers into the food the cooks are making then lick his fingers. I hate watching him shove food into his face, slopping it in like a pig. I hate this guy. But I like the places he goes (I feel dirty and ashamed with myself for saying that). I feel like there are a lot of restaurant owners who, after he leaves their establishment, shake their heads and say ' What a schmuck...'

Or they know going in that they batch they are making won't go out to customers. No way they film the cooking while the restaurant is open for most of these places. They likely film the cooking while closed then when it's open they film the rest of the segment.

• Like 1

Hubby and I travelled to Cleveland and visted the Parkview Nite Club.  The owner came out and talked with us.  He was impressed that we journeyed all the way from central Kentucky and could not have been nicer.  Good food and good times.  Old Guy has probably done more to boost business for the establishments on his show than anything short of an act of God could accomplish.  I'm thinking these entrepreneurs really appreciate it.

3 hours ago, Aunt Catfish said:

Hubby and I travelled to Cleveland and visted the Parkview Nite Club.  The owner came out and talked with us.  He was impressed that we journeyed all the way from central Kentucky and could not have been nicer.  Good food and good times.  Old Guy has probably done more to boost business for the establishments on his show than anything short of an act of God could accomplish.  I'm thinking these entrepreneurs really appreciate it.

Just base on the fact there are quite a few he brings onto his other shows, he must be friendly behind the scenes as well.

• Like 1

We have visited several places that were featured on DDD. Every single person who owned the businesses all said the same nice things about Guy. I kept expecting someone to just spill something about him that wasn't not-so nice. He even made two appearances in our area for two segments in two different seasons. I had planned to show up to check out the filming but, I had to work and wasn't able to make it on time. One of our first places to visit was this joint in Las Vegas. It was a dive that Guy visited often when he was in college nearby, I believe. Great food!

• Like 1

Guy Fieri is heading back to some of his all-time favorite Diners, Drive-ins and Dives spots on new series Triple D Nation, beginning on Friday, July 13th at 9pm ET/PT.

On this all-new spin on DDD, Guy checks in on some of the most memorable joints he has previously visited to see how they have been doing, and to get a taste of some of the new and classic recipes they are dishing out.  It’s a walk down memory lane in each episode as Guy showcases four of his favorite spots to catch up with his chef buddies he’s met along the way and see what they have been up to since they last appeared on DDD.

On the premiere, Guy finds things have changed a lot for his poke buddies at Big & Littles in Chicago.  In Denver, it’s a second serving at a unique ‘triple threat’ location that is part bar, part pizzeria and part biscuit shop, where they are dishing out breakfast biscuit sandwiches and a couple of new late-night Italian options.  Over at The Shanty, in Wadsworth, IL, the owner reminisces about how DDD changed his life and his menu with new dishes, including braised pork shanks and goat cheese wontons.  Finally, in Seattle, a return to Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives first, and only, Trinidadian joint reveals their new take on an old staple – fry bread.

This may be the wrong place, but the lack of hygiene when the ridiculous overgrown teenage acting host is tasting the huge batches of food is cringe worthy.  Especially all the pretend  jewelery around the food.  I don't understand why he hosts so many programs.  Probably a nice guy, but his act is ridiculous.

Also, all the unprotected facial hair on many of the diner men dragging too close to the cooking food!  I am sure much of this is producer driven, but .......

We have been to several Food Paridise places.  However, no matter what the show or place, it is all sponsored one way or the other.

Edited by fonfereksglen · Reason: More stuff mo one will care about.

5 hours ago, fonfereksglen said:

This may be the wrong place, but the lack of hygiene when the ridiculous overgrown teenage acting host is tasting the huge batches of food is cringe worthy.  Especially all the pretend  jewelery around the food.  I don't understand why he hosts so many programs.  Probably a nice guy, but his act is ridiculous.

Also, all the unprotected facial hair on many of the diner men dragging too close to the cooking food!  I am sure much of this is producer driven, but .......

We have been to several Food Paridise places.  However, no matter what the show or place, it is all sponsored one way or the other.

Pretty sure most times they film the cooking segments when no diners are there. Also if you don’t understand why he has so many shows you haven’t looked at the ratings. Even the reruns pull better ratings than a ton of new episodes of the non Guy shows.

13 things you didn’t know about Guy:

1. He was an entrepreneur at age 10.

2.  He knew he wanted to be a chef since he was a kid. 

3.  He doesn’t believe in kid friendly recipes. 

4. He’d take a wok over the grill any day.

5. His son Hunter is a better baker than he is.

6. His parents were hippies.

7. He’s got a man crush on Masaharu Morimoto.

8. He’s a fierce canner.

9. He loves Asian cooking.

10. He’s a cilantro fan.

11. He watches FN.

12. He hates eggs.

13. He won’t leave the store without two leaves of bread.

14. He’s crazy about kale.

Edited by Simon47

On 8/10/2018 at 7:42 PM, Simon47 said:

13 things you didn’t know about Guy:

1. He was an entrepreneur at age 10.

2.  He knew he wanted to be a chef since he was a kid. 

3.  He doesn’t believe in kid friendly recipes. 

4. He’d take a wok over the grill any day.

5. His son Hunter is a better baker than he is.

6. His parents were hippies.

7. He’s got a man crush on Masaharu Morimoto.

8. He’s a fierce canner.

9. He loves Asian cooking.

10. He’s a cilantro fan.

11. He watches FN.

12. He hates eggs.

13. He won’t leave the store without two leaves of bread.

14. He’s crazy about kale.

I beleive everyone knows he hates eggs, and that’s 14 things.