Type keyword(s) to search

Siesta Key - General Discussion

• Start Topic

On 1/18/2021 at 5:40 PM, snarts said:

Trautman was excited to get back to work when production first resumed.

"I'm so grateful to of started filming Season 4 of @siestakey," she posted on social media. "I can't wait for all of you to see the journey I'm on. I hope I make you all proud and if I inspire a few of you along the way - that would just be the cherry on top."

So, they all turned on her.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, heatherchandler said:

"I'm so grateful to of started filming Season 4 of @siestakey," she posted on social media. "I can't wait for all of you to see the journey I'm on. I hope I make you all proud and if I inspire a few of you along the way - that would just be the cherry on top."

I think we all turned on Chloe. Admittedly, I finally gave up halfway through the season but at that point Chloe just instigated fights, talked shit behind everyone’s back, and took zero responsibility for her actions. I don’t think anyone is going to miss her or “her journey”.

• Love 3

Watched the preview recorded on my DVR.

it was all Brandon talking about how he’s gonna change while his baby momma popped out her tit to feed the baby.

are they really going to make him being a father a focus of the season?

looks like the baby momma is ready for her 15 minutes, all dolled up for the scene.

I’m glad that Kelsey let her hair go dark. There were so many blondes before I had a hard time telling them apart.  Brandon’s baby looks just like the baby mama (Who is also blonde!).

You can't tell if any of it's real.  Is Kelsey really dating that man bun guy or is it another fake show-mance?  Wasn't it suppose to be a pro hockey player?

Now Juliette and Kelsey are mad at each other because they both wanted that butter face rich guy, the heir to the microwave popcorn fortune or something like that?

They're both so passionate about swim suits!

Not one mention of Alex, I don't think!  

They seem to feature more wide shots of the beaches and so forth, than they've done before.  

More of that please.

10 hours ago, aghst said:

Now Juliette and Kelsey are mad at each other because they both wanted that butter face rich guy, the heir to the microwave popcorn fortune or something like that?

I thought it was because they were both starting swimsuit empires at the same time.   I don't think Kelsey would have anything to do with Buttaface Billionaire.

(edited)
1 hour ago, sugarbaker design said:

I don't think Kelsey would have anything to do with Buttaface Billionaire.

Why? She went after Alex (aka Shrek) and her new guy with the manbun is not hot either. 

None of the men on this show are very attractive, certainly not on par with the women.

Still, here I am watching, singing along to the theme song with a big cheesy grin on my face :)

Edited by snarts
2 minutes ago, snarts said:

Why? She went after Alex (aka Shrek) and her new guy with the manbun is not hot either. 

Good point.

None of the men on this show are very attractive, certainly not on par with the women.

I like Garrett.

Still, here I am watching, singing along to the theme song with a big cheesy grin on my face :)

Me too!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Both Brandon and Garrett are cute....until they speak. 

Brandon's Baby Mama is so thrilled that she snagged herself a rich mama's boy who's also a "reality TV star". She was trying so hard not to look at the camera while beaming about her good fortune about how both her and baby would be with Brandon forever! Lol! She wasn't even listening to what Brandon was trying to say.

Juliet to Kelsey's friend: I can't believe you told Kelsey what we talked about. Why did you do that.

Kelsey's Friend: You know very well I did exactly what the producers told me to do to secure my spot on this year's trip.

1 hour ago, snarts said:

This show is so dumb, but same!

Brandon's baby mama is so cringe. Kelsey looks great with both blonde and brunette hair wow. Juliette is the type that throws the rock and hides her hand. Chloe looks so different to me since her weight lose. 

On 5/15/2021 at 3:27 PM, Kornfan said:

Brandon's baby mama is so cringe

I was wondering whether she is majorly into Brandon, or trying *so* hard to make a good impression?  She barely let him talk

but congrats, I guess, on landing (birthing?) a golden goose

• Love 1

That painting was awful, whether or not it was her face.

Juliette seems too much drama for Butter face, who seems real low key — but he must really want to be on the show.

Madison is weepy about the mean people on social media.  Honey you can turn it off, you know?  But she won’t do that since she’s trying to make a career out of reality TV. 

So if you can’t take the heat …

• Love 2

Even Madisson's daddy is now willing to film more freely, talking about who is paying for the wedding with Ish.

And Maddisson has enough money to protect with a prenup?

Do music videos still feature luxury settings, chicks in bikinis, etc?

Chloe is threatening to drop out of the group.  Yeah but then why would she continue to be on the show?

13 hours ago, aghst said:

Chloe is threatening to drop out of the group.  Yeah but then why would she continue to be on the show?

From what was reported, she intended to leave the show & she did stop filming.  Not sure if she actually stayed away.

Jordana is not interesting, engaging or that attractive. I don't even remember the new guy's name, the one who's now flirting with Camilla.  Who still films music videos?

Not sure how it's possible but the "acting" is even worse and that's with a Garrett free episode!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, aghst said:

Even Madisson's daddy is now willing to film more freely, talking about who is paying for the wedding with Ish.

And Maddisson has enough money to protect with a prenup?

Do music videos still feature luxury settings, chicks in bikinis, etc?

I don’t know the situation, but Maddison might have legal rights to some family money/assets that are worth protecting in a prenup. Or it may just be a lame plot device to give her a story. 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, snarts said:

From what was reported, she intended to leave the show & she did stop filming. 

She did stop filming.  That's why I'm not watching this season.  The show needs someone messy to stir the pot.  Watching two gorgeous young women arguing over their respective swimwear lines doesn't cut it.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

She did stop filming.  That's why I'm not watching this season.  The show needs someone messy to stir the pot.  Watching two gorgeous young women arguing over their respective swimwear lines doesn't cut it.  

It is terrible acting lol. Brandon's storyline is literally the worst filler narrative on planet earth, I skip over it every single time I look back on the episodes. I'm only watching to see who Juliette ends up fighting LOL

Brandon seems like such a turd. Didn't he cheat on Madison and on the blonde chick after her?  That's a sign of bad character. Now he has a baby from it - 18 years of child support... might be tough on a small-time rapper.  What a fool. 

• Love 1
On 5/27/2021 at 11:39 PM, teapot said:

Juliette wasn’t always the narrator, was she?  She’s a little too mean to be the LC, and not charismatic enough to be the K-Cav

No they had pretty much everyone narrating an episode in season 1. Then I think season 2 is when it went to just Juliette. I guess they decided to make her the star. 

• Love 1

BG’s baby mamas finger nails are giving me major anxiety while she is handling the baby.  OMG knock it off with that grossness.  And why would you think bringing baby to the island would be acceptable?  This isn’t JS Family Vacation....maybe she hitched herself to the wrong MTV reality show.

• Love 3

I'm surprised at Kelsey. She was being very catty this episode. Scenes with Jordana laughing about hooking up with Brandon. The other scene with her and Amanda. But Amanda clearly rocks with Juliette. Chloe's video was lame.

I know it was probably scripted, especially on this show. But Juliette was so wrong to throw alcohol and a slushy on Kelsey. I think if Juliette continues this behavior Sam might leave her. I'm not sure how Kelsey kept calm,especially after Juliette threw the drinks and started yelling in her face too. I appreciated Kelsey's man trying to defend her though. I don't really notice Chloe's gone. I don't think Sam is that into Juliette as he used to be. He like defends Jordana and I noticed he can't help but smile ear to ear whenever Jordana is antagonizing Jules.

• Love 2

Thing about this show is that they really do the glam hair and makeup, light and block the scenes.

So you’d think they’d rehearse or walk through some scenes just to make sure cameras and lights are perfect.

They do that with The Hills too, give it a very polished look, no handheld cameras chasing  cast members.

Even when there’s an eruption, the cameras are already in place.  Maybe Juliette isn’t on target the very first time she lashes out at Kelsey.

The one genuine reaction from Juliette was last season when they lived together.  They had some pizza and wine while talking about relationships and Juliette learns something that makes her unhappy so she grabs more pizza and wine, as if to say “fuck it, need some comfort food.”

• Love 3

Juliette only had brought 1 bathing suit so how did she expect to do a photo shoot?  At least Kelsey had several.  Then Juliette got angry when she heard that Kelsey used the swing set the the shoot and Juliette said she was going to use it.  One of the girls said that Kelsey always has to copy Juliette. Well, duh, how is it copying if the two aren’t even speaking so Kelsey probably didn’t even know about it.

I’m wayyyyy past the demographic age for this show but when I was back I. My 20’s I wouldn’t have found any of these guys attractive.  Not even Sam with all of his money.  Though he does sound like a nice, fairly grounded, guy.

• Love 3

I doubt this swimsuit rivalry is a real thing.

They both must have good number of IG followers but the show isn't some smash hit so it can't be that big.

Neither of them are going to turn their own branded bikinis into some huge business.

I thought the big money was IG influencers just endorsing or doing product placements of other people's brands, once they had a huge number of followers.

So somebody must have thought hey two hot girls who both look good in bikinis.  They are BFFs one season but what if they become bitter rivals over some supposed huge business deal?

I don't get why Cara is back.  She's suppose to be really loaded yet she grovels to all these cast members who aren't even HS graduates, as she characterized it?

• Love 3

Hmm, throwing the drink and slapping Kelsey got Juliette kicked off the island.

But is she off the show?

I thought the whole island trip was set up by Sam but obviously, it was production that arranged for this trip and they're the ones who supposedly told her to leave.

Since they showed a clip of her apparently partying after leaving the island, she's probably not off the show.  Maybe they will show her new Range Rover but didn't she already have a Benz convertible of some kind?

Cara you can tell is being forced to have these convos first with Kelsey and then with Garrett.  She sounded awkward trying to talk to Kelsey.  If not for the show, there's no reason for these two to talk to each other.

Chelsea is coming back, so much for her moving on from the show.

• Love 3

I  have to admit, this storyline of Juliette physically assaulting women when she is drunk is pretty interesting for a reality show.  Of course it is horrid that she does this, but its not usually something that you watch unfold over multiple seasons. It raises all sorts of questions. It seems she only lashes out at women? I think its only been women.  And she is always drunk? I can't remember if she was drunk during the one that happened on the balcony where all those other people were around. 

Also, in this season, do we know why the actual slap across the face wasn't caught on film? Or was it just edited out? Either one raises questions.

Last, the double standard- if this was a man doing this to other men, would they keep him on the show? 

Did the producers really make her leave the island or did she decide to leave? 

• Love 2

Did Alex also get into a physical altercation on the show or was that one of his off-show stunts?

I think Juliette would have to accumulate a lot of points for bad behavior, both on and off the show, for them to boot her out.

She's involved in most of the drama.  Remember Amanda attacked Chloe, broke her nose, though off camera, and they didn't boot her either.

• Love 4

I don't think Amanda really likes Kelsey deep down. I'm a little surprised Kelsey forgave Kara. Kara seems totally still fake with Kelsey. Camilla needs to move on from Brandon. He has way too many pretty girls in his face and I don't think he can resist them. I don't think he really wants Camilla,I think it's a more show mance type of thing for him. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, aghst said:

Did Alex also get into a physical altercation on the show or was that one of his off-show stunts?

I think Juliette would have to accumulate a lot of points for bad behavior, both on and off the show, for them to boot her out.

She's involved in most of the drama.  Remember Amanda attacked Chloe, broke her nose, though off camera, and they didn't boot her either.

Alex had his mouth wired shut (the best episodes of the show) after getting into a bar fight with some random guy at a bar. So when we hear the story we only get it from Alex’s perspective, which I imagine is highly suspect. He’s also been pretty verbally aggressive and I think had a history of bar fights. 

Amanda beat the crap out of Chloe, but everyone sided with Amanda and Chloe ended up apologizing to Amanda, so that’s odd. I think Chloe started it, but she must have done something awful for her to apologize for getting beaten up?

Then there’s that creepy a-hole Alex’ cousin? Forget his name, the deadbeat who got into fights and knocked over girls. He lived off his grandmothers money and basically sucked at everything. 

MTV has a horrible history with dealing with this stuff. The Real World went several seasons where they basically encouraged women to assault men without repercussion. Plus all the misogyny from the Challenges. They could easily set boundaries and guidelines prior to filming but they don’t.  I get the feeling MTV doesn’t care about any of this and will let anything go, unless they get public backlash in which case they’ll make a knee jerk reaction. 

• Love 1

Catching up on this messy show. Here are my thoughts:

Kelsey seems so awkward in her scenes where she is confronting people. The words are coming out of her mouth, but they just don't feel like they are hers (regardless, I like her better than Juliette.)

Love the glam hair and the beach shots-- it is a very pretty show.

The producers are going to be in a bind. They feed these kids a ton of booze, set up arguments and drama to film, and have used all of Juliette's past antics for their ratings. She became the "star" of the show after one of her past fights, if I am not mistaken. That is sending some real mixed messages there producers. It's like, they want to girls to fight for their ratings, and now they are backing away from their creation (Juliette is 100 percent out of control regardless, and probably behaves this way on her own time also.)

Billionaire boyfriend is growing tired of this sh*t REAL fast-- he will be out of there soon I am sure.

I like the grown a** woman on the island, schooling all of the kids like a shrink. Juliet's mentor, or something? She was spot on. She needs to follow them around forever. Book Brandon a few hours with her.

Cara scares me. She seems like she would slice your throat and not flinch in the slightest. I get the feeling she enjoys toying with people and is a complete psychopath. 

Garrett needs to get rid of that vocal fry to be taken seriously, period.

I noticed in the very last scene, where they are leaving the island on the last day, that they are all white as ghosts. That scene was clearly filmed way later, and spliced in-- all of the suntans are gone! And it was such a tight shot, who knows if they really were even on that island.

• Love 2

That was weird Juliette wasn't in the entire episode. Are her and Sam really a couple? I'm really surprised he came back another season. I thought they were a showmance. Have Amanda and Sam ever dated? They seem awkward with each other. The girls were sure dressed to the nines for his baby shower. Kelsey seems sad this season. Chloe looks like herself again. I can tell now where Madisson gets her dated style. Her mom looked very pretty and feminine. I don't think Brandon really wants Camilla back. Surprised he is so afraid of his baby moms like that. I thought he was running her,guess its the other way around.

Still watching but kind of zoning out.

Yeah too many showmances to believe this show.

Many of the cast don't even live in the area, which was recently in some list as the best place to live in the country.

Which is odd because when those Sarasota reporters did their podcasts, they said it's mostly a lot of older people with money living in the area.

• Love 1

So, after telling her business partner she’s booking only professional models and no friends for her photo shoot, Juliette still used Brandon, Chloe and Amanda.  I thought several of her suits looked almost identical to Kelsey’s so I don’t know how Juliette’s boss could make fun of them.  

While I know Juliette was in the wrong for resorting to physical violence but I still hate Kelsey. Her smugness makes me want to slap her as well.  

There's no way Amanda started dating Tate without checking out his onlyfans first.

So happy Cara is back, if for her facial expressions alone.

No interest in Madison or Ish or their wedding.  Same with Brandon/Camilla/Jordana/Baby Mama.

• Love 1
On 1/20/2021 at 10:18 AM, heatherchandler said:

I just now noticed this post. Did this girl really say "to of"?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

Madisson postponed her wedding so she could get over her anxiety issues and be the best person she could be - is getting pregnant a new therapy for anxiety? I wish her the best if that’s what she really wants but it makes absolutely no sense to me.

https://people.com/parents/siesta-key-madisson-hausburg-pregnant-expecting-baby-with-ish-soto-exclusive/

I didn’t read the article but I’d assume she’d postpone her wedding so that MTV could film it and front part/all of the cost. 

17 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I didn’t read the article but I’d assume she’d postpone her wedding so that MTV could film it and front part/all of the cost. 

I thought daddy was paying for the wedding.  Am I being delusional?

From the season finale and reunion, looks like MTV will keep this thing going.

Cara was rolling her eyes and couldn’t keep from smiling, suppressing laughter, at the spiritual expert or psychic.

Funny The Hills featured some Indian spiritual expert and Jersey Shore also has had psychics and old Italian curses.

are the young audiences which MTV targets into this stuff?

or are we suppose to snark on this stuff though they keep it short and vague.  Even the cast was mocking the psychic calling Chloe intellectual.

Juliette talks about quitting the show at the reunion but she wants her JMP brand to get exposure.

still don’t  understand why “billionaire” Sam and his folks would appear on the show.  

even the uber rich can be fame whores?

cara was suppose to be rich too, jetting all over the world.  But now she’s going nursing school and making jewelry?

they can’t seem to keep these faked back stories straight.

strange that they didn’t show The Slap at the reunion.

Maybe the JMP swimwear is taking off!!!

So she don't need a sugar daddy!

Or maybe she didn't want to keep up a showmance in between seasons?

She's just not that into nice guys with money?

Maybe someone like Alex is more her speed?

20 hours ago, politichick said:

I am way too fucking old to be knowing who these people are but alas, I do, but can't wait for details!

Same!

20 hours ago, aghst said:

Maybe the JMP swimwear is taking off!!!

So she don't need a sugar daddy!

Or maybe she didn't want to keep up a showmance in between seasons?

She's just not that into nice guys with money?

Maybe someone like Alex is more her speed?

I wouldn't be surprised if he broke up with her. Juliette is more interested in being a trophy wife than anything else. No way she was giving up that "catch" willingly. 

• Love 3