Type keyword(s) to search

Siesta Key - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Fake fashion show concocted for the season.

Fake drama with Garrett and what's her name and the other guy.

Now if there's another season, will they repudiate Alex, the cast members that is?

• Love 1

anyone else feel like the show is getting a little dark? Besides all the Alex stuff, the girls are actually rooting for Alex to cheat on his pregnant girlfriend so his girlfriend will be proven wrong.

• Love 3
On 7/16/2020 at 12:44 PM, scrb said:

Fake fashion show concocted for the season.

Fake drama with Garrett and what's her name and the other guy.

Now if there's another season, will they repudiate Alex, the cast members that is?

Was that an unaired episode of The Hills? No call from Anna Wintour? 

Also it’s just weird that everything revolves around Alex but he’s nowhere to be found.  It’s be more amusing if they bleeped out his name every time some one said it. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, teapot said:

Was that an unaired episode of The Hills? No call from Anna Wintour? 

Also it’s just weird that everything revolves around Alex but he’s nowhere to be found.  It’s be more amusing if they bleeped out his name every time some one said it. 

Totally agree about The Hills vibe regarding the fashion show. They already tried modeling this wreck of a show from the start after it & it hasn't worked. Hang it up, not even The Hills was able to recapture the magic of The Hills!!

Apparently MTV is a lot more creative than Bravo who was supposed to cut out "canceled" Creepy Pete from Below Deck...I understand it's difficult because of the tight quarters of the boat, but MTV is able to cut Alex out of scenes where it is literally only him & one other person...and it continues to be hilarious.

Alyssa looks to be perpetually smelling a fart. 

While I don't have a lot of faith in the intelligence levels of these pretty wax figures, and I know it's production driven, why would anybody tell Chloe anything & then say "don't say anything"? Telling Chloe anything is the equivalent to posting it as your Facebook status.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

I would guess hosting a birthday party for your cat would be more stressful than planning a low-rent fashion show in Siesta Key where you’re just expected to invite/employ your friends who have no ties to fashion. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
On 7/18/2020 at 11:30 AM, Stan39 said:

I would guess hosting a birthday party for your cat would be more stressful than planning a low-rent fashion show in Siesta Key where you’re just expected to invite/employ your friends who have no ties to fashion. 

That made me LOL.  

• LOL 2

I can’t speak for Sam, but I love when I take a girl out on my yacht and she spends the entire time aggressively talking about her exes baby reveal. That group is so obsessed with Alex it’s really sad. And for none of them to realize that a gender reveal is about letting other people know the gender (and that Alex and Alyssa have known for awhile) is just idiotic. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 7/8/2020 at 11:57 AM, TattleTeeny said:

Madisson is very pretty but, oh my goodness, those high-waist jeans flattened her ass into nonexistence!

I was super envious of her figure until that scene. 

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I can’t speak for Sam, but I love when I take a girl out on my yacht and she spends the entire time aggressively talking about her exes baby reveal. That group is so obsessed with Alex it’s really sad. And for none of them to realize that a gender reveal is about letting other people know the gender (and that Alex and Alyssa have known for awhile) is just idiotic. 

Some people might wait until the reveal to learn what they're having with family and friends.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, politichick said:

Some people might wait until the reveal to learn what they're having with family and friends.

I wouldn’t assume that, though. And you can even hear Alyssa tell people they knew. 

I know Chloe is a "character" and all, but she's just so unlikeable. Everything about her just makes me want to scream. 

Sam just doesn't do it for me. The hair and the chin...he's not very attractive. And why is he and everyone else obsessed with constantly talking about Alex? It's the weirdest thing.  

I thought Kelsey was very respectful and up front whenever speaking to that other guy...I forgot his name...about her relationship.  Much better than any other person on this show.  

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, SarahC said:

I know Chloe is a "character" and all, but she's just so unlikeable. Everything about her just makes me want to scream. 

Sam just doesn't do it for me. The hair and the chin...he's not very attractive. And why is he and everyone else obsessed with constantly talking about Alex? It's the weirdest thing.  

I thought Kelsey was very respectful and up front whenever speaking to that other guy...I forgot his name...about her relationship.  Much better than any other person on this show.  

Omg, Chloe isn't a character, Chloe is a flippin' joke. She recently posted a happy birthday message to Sam, and you guys? He's her BEST FRIEND. 

• LOL 3
33 minutes ago, SarahC said:

Sam just doesn't do it for me. The hair and the chin...he's not very attractive.   

He's lucky he's a billionaire's son.

20 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

And why is he and everyone else obsessed with constantly talking about Alex? It's the weirdest thing.  

Because his father is one of the producers of the show?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SarahC said:

For Chloe’s sake she needs to go. She’ll never get any balance. All the other characters can pretend to fight and hook up with each other, but Chloe has no role other than to stir shit and be an asshole. There’s never a moment where she will get to be alone with one person and just be a decent person. 

As for Sam, do all of these people still live with their parents? It’s so weird. They’re in their late 20s and don’t seem interested in their own independence. 

Juliette pretends to like the ginger.  But still obsessing over the gender reveal?

Alex having a daughter would make him treat women better?  Isn't there a shotgun wedding?

Madison was actually crying at that gender reveal party?

Kelsey was telling what's his name to stay away while Garrett conveniently wasn't on the boat party?

Where do they get this stuff?

I found it a bit funny when they were saying they hoped that having a daughter would force Alex to become a better person.  I have a horrid brother who I've thought the same thing about. Time will tell if it ends up having any effect on him.  Lots of terrible people never change when they have kids though... 

• Love 4

Tip for Juliette, if you’re dating someone who’s (family) is a billionaire don’t constantly tell people that’s why you’re into him. Especially don’t say it around him. Either Sam allows it because he plans on dumping you once he’s bored having sex with you or, even if he’s too dumb to care, you can bet his family is not going to let you be anything more than some fun for their son. And that’s it. As soon as it looks serious they’re going to put a wedge between you, their son, and their money. Keep it classy. 

• Useful 2

I bet that's just the producers encouraging everyone to say it.

Others are talking about it too.

OTOH, it's a ginger butter face so maybe she has to have an excuse.

More fake drama, now Kelsey and Garrett again.  If they need to fill some time, they can always rely on these two for the on-off "relationship."

She's supposedly upset that some old social media post was dredged up.  But among the stories in this show, she pointedly cheated on him with Alex so either she's pretty shameless or the producers forgot who's been cheating on whom recently.

Wow. Sam is wildly unattractive, but at least every other comment out of Juliette's mouth is something implying she's only with him for his money...her honesty is refreshing, even if her blatant gold digging is not. 

Speaking of wildly unattractive, Ish. *shudder* He is GROSS, and has ZERO personality. I don't get what ANYONE would see in his bug-eyed ass, let alone a cute twentysomething. 

Amanda, Camilla & "BG" are laughably bad actors, even for reality TV, and I find Amanda to also be wildly unattractive. 

Chloe should literally have a monacle and twirling mustache at this point. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
On 7/7/2020 at 3:04 PM, CaliforniaLove said:

Sam is quite the butterface. I'm sure Juliette would be totally interested without the money. Also, is there any male between the ages of 18-34 on the Key of Siesta that isn't/wasn't friends with Alex?!

What's the deal with Sam?  Who is he?  Who is his family?  Do we know?

On 7/31/2020 at 7:44 AM, SarahC said:

I was hoping Juliette would say something to him like, "brush your bangs back, or up... use some gel" just because the brushed down short bangs reminds me of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber.

image.jpeg.3d4ec0347f534b2c74f05437db7ac629.jpeg

16 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Speaking of wildly unattractive, Ish. *shudder* He is GROSS, and has ZERO personality. I don't get what ANYONE would see in his bug-eyed ass, let alone a cute twentysomething. 

Amanda, Camilla & "BG" are laughably bad actors, even for reality TV, and I find Amanda to also be wildly unattractive

Ish is disgusting.  I don't understand at all what Madisson is doing with him.

Amanda is very unattractive.  She looks trashy, so I was surprised to see that her family has money, at least a nice house.

JJ is hot, but a total loser.

Edited by heatherchandler
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

What's the deal with Sam?  Who is he?  Who is his family?  Do we know?

I was hoping Juliette would say something to him like, "brush your bangs back, or up... use some gel" just because the brushed down short bangs reminds me of Lloyd from Dumb and Dumber.

image.jpeg.3d4ec0347f534b2c74f05437db7ac629.jpeg

Ish is disgusting.  I don't understand at all why Madisson is doing with him.

Amanda is very unattractive.  She looks trashy, so I was surprised to see that her family has money, at least a nice house.

JJ is hot, but a total loser.

Just looked him up. Sam Logan. His family owns (owned?) the network behind HGTV, the Travel Channel, some other channels. Looks even douchier than Alex, with an instagram account full of pics with cars, boats, and oversized Gucci sunglasses. 

• Useful 1
52 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

Just looked him up. Sam Logan. His family owns (owned?) the network behind HGTV, the Travel Channel, some other channels. Looks even douchier than Alex, with an instagram account full of pics with cars, boats, and oversized Gucci sunglasses. 

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I did some more deep diving. It's not just the broadcasting company; the family also owns newspapers and has since the late 1800's. That's how the company started.  They also own the fucking spelling bee! That's why it's called the Scripps National Spelling Bee (the company name is Scripps).  It looks like Sam (and all the descendants) own a small percentage of the companies. So he's rich all right.  Which is good for him, because he is not cute at all. There's a reason Juliette keeps mentioning his money before anything else.... 

• Love 1

Actually surprised they would have filmed this much footage without Alex before his racist posts came out.

Did they really dedicate a crew to go with everyone but Alex down to Miami?

Or could some of this episode have been filmed after Alex was "fired?"

Seems like they're digging up all these side stories like Kelsey being jealous of Juliette's bikini deal.

Does MTV pay for people like the bikini designer to participate on the show?

Why would Sam, who apparently is loaded, want to take part in this show?  There must be tons of women drawn to him despite his looks because as Chole termed it, they like his "lifestyle."

Juliette's attractive but why would he want to put his business out on TV?  Guess rich people are fame whores too?  Especially when the reason they're rich is that they were born into it, hasn't done anything in particular to distinguish himself rather than spend money.

He doesn't seem to have Alex's asshole personality though I didn't see his social media.  Maybe just young and rich, just copying the baller lifestyle.

11 hours ago, scrb said:

Actually surprised they would have filmed this much footage without Alex before his racist posts came out.

Did they really dedicate a crew to go with everyone but Alex down to Miami?

Or could some of this episode have been filmed after Alex was "fired?"

Seems like they're digging up all these side stories like Kelsey being jealous of Juliette's bikini deal.

Does MTV pay for people like the bikini designer to participate on the show?

Why would Sam, who apparently is loaded, want to take part in this show?  There must be tons of women drawn to him despite his looks because as Chole termed it, they like his "lifestyle."

Juliette's attractive but why would he want to put his business out on TV?  Guess rich people are fame whores too?  Especially when the reason they're rich is that they were born into it, hasn't done anything in particular to distinguish himself rather than spend money.

He doesn't seem to have Alex's asshole personality though I didn't see his social media.  Maybe just young and rich, just copying the baller lifestyle.

Check out his Instagram. He wants to be the next Paris Hilton. People who inherit their wealth still want an identity of their own, but if they lack motivation or determination they’ll probably gravitate toward something subjective that can require hard work but could also be easy given their connections. Reality TV, “artists”, models, influencers. These are all things people gravitate to for their status, but don’t require the person be measured by any objective scale (like becoming a doctor or engineer). This is relatively low risk for Sam, something he can do without working but if he’s on this show awhile it will probably give him a sense of accomplishment. 

I watched the first few episodes on PlutoTV and they did initially try to have a love interest for Chloe!  She had a crush on Brandon but he hooked up with Amanda.  Chloe & Amanda got in a fight off-camera where Chloe's nose was broke and she had to have surgery.  

Also forgot that Madison is supposedly Alex's ex-girlfriend from high school.

Can anyone confirm which of the relationships are organic and which is just made up for TV?  Also, which of them actually grew up in Siesta Key and which were imported for the show?

• Love 1

Grrr.. I'm annoyed my DVR did not catch the reunion. And it doesn't look like it will be on again. 

A google search revealed that Brandon cheated on Camilla and the side-piece is having his baby!!!  Wow. Dude has confirmed he has bad character - cheated on Madison, and now on Camilla. 

If anyone knows how to watch the reunion on-line will your let me know?

30 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Grrr.. I'm annoyed my DVR did not catch the reunion. And it doesn't look like it will be on again. 

A google search revealed that Brandon cheated on Camilla and the side-piece is having his baby!!!  Wow. Dude has confirmed he has bad character - cheated on Madison, and now on Camilla. 

If anyone knows how to watch the reunion on-line will your let me know?

I see a listing for the repeat of the reunion  on Friday August 28 at 3:20 pm on MTV2

Brandon looked about as miserable as a person could look.  

Edited by Koalagirl
9 minutes ago, Koalagirl said:

I see a listing for the repeat of the reunion  on Friday August 28 at 3:20 pm on MTV2

Thanks I will do another search on my DVR and see if it comes up.

8 hours ago, Koalagirl said:

Isn’t that how Brandon normally looks? Lol

• LOL 1

The reunion was a great addition. No script so we actually saw some real emotion. 

Brandon is a turd. However, I was a little worried about his mental state. 

Kelsey is not a real friend, Juliette. Don't trust her. And yes, I think that it's all rooted in jealousy.

Madison looked amazing so I guess Ish does it for her.

Amanda looked bloated and Chloe's dress choice was atrocious.  When did JD/JJ/whatever become official cast members?  When Alex was fired?

5 minutes ago, snarts said:

The reunion was a great addition. No script so we actually saw some real emotion. 

Kelsey is not a real friend, Juliette. Don't trust her. And yes, I think that it's all rooted in jealousy.

Amanda looked bloated and Chloe's dress choice was atrocious.  When did JD/JJ/whatever become official cast members?  When Alex was fired?

It was actually JJ's mole that replaced Alex.

• LOL 3
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I stopped watching this, but curious how they addressed Alex. Did they even bring him up? The show was a mess, but you’d expect them to not even mention him to avoid saying something. But, he was also the focus of just about every conversation this season 🤷‍♂️

• Love 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Yeah, Brandon needs to go home to his family. He looked like a nervous wreck! Madison did look great. I can see Ish's appeal.

49 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I stopped watching this, but curious how they addressed Alex. Did they even bring him up? The show was a mess, but you’d expect them to not even mention him to avoid saying something. But, he was also the focus of just about every conversation this season 🤷‍♂️

Jeannie Mai, the host did mention Alex and his racist posts. She said he will never be on the show again. A couple of the girls said his posts were terrible and everyone should support the BLM movement.  Chloe said Alex asked her to step down from her job and she has broken all ties with him.

i agree that Brandon is a little shit but I was also worried about him based upon his demeanor. Yes, he is usually low energy and not the happiest looking person in general but last night he looked like he was heavily medicated.  

Brandon definitely looked depressed as hell and it's probably because having the baby has reinforced that his hustle at a music career is now over for sure.  I have no doubt that his parents put even more of a full court press on him to either get more involved in the family business or to start another actual "career" somewhere else.  His musician lifestyle supported by his rich parents is done!

Also, I totally didn't realize that this kid was already here!  That means he was fucking around on what's her name sometime last fall, before she broke up with him on NYE. And he STILL chose to move in with her.  Wow!

2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Also, I totally didn't realize that this kid was already here!  That means he was fucking around on what's her name sometime last fall, before she broke up with him on NYE. And he STILL chose to move in with her.  Wow!

Yes... this is why I say his cheating on Madison was a foreshadowing event revealing a person with poor character.   

Maybe he will turn it around and never cheat on someone again.... 

• Love 1

Maddison's insta post of the engagement showed an engagement ring.  On the show she showed a ring & additional band.  Is it possible they are already married?

Kelsey's relationships are all for filming.  No chemistry with Garret or Josh.  I think her real relationships are off camera.  

I had to chuckle when Chloe said that "all the girls are gonna have to support Camilla because of what Brandon did to her" OK, that's nice but what about your friend who is clearly going through it that you've known supposedly forever?

Was I the only one watching Juliette's dog in the background & hoping he would do something naughty on camera? LOL

• Love 1
12 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

Yes... this is why I say his cheating on Madison was a foreshadowing event revealing a person with poor character.   

Maybe he will turn it around and never cheat on someone again.... 

I honestly don't feel bad for the french girlfriend because Brandon was sending so many signals that he wasn't interested in nor ready for a serious relationship and she kept pushing it.  Whether it was because of the show or his family money, she was intent on not letting him get away.  She's probably mad that she didn't get pregnant....

• Love 2
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I honestly don't feel bad for the french girlfriend because Brandon was sending so many signals that he wasn't interested in nor ready for a serious relationship and she kept pushing it.  Whether it was because of the show or his family money, she was intent on not letting him get away.  She's probably mad that she didn't get pregnant....

But yet... he didn't break it off with her and kept up with the pretense that they were in a relationship.  In my book, that is bad character.

Yes... she should also be wise enough to look for these red flags as well though.

3 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

But yet... he didn't break it off with her and kept up with the pretense that they were in a relationship.  In my book, that is bad character.

Yes... she should also be wise enough to look for these red flags as well though.

I totally agree he's of bad character (although totally hot! #shallow). 

Just saying that there were LOTS of warning signs at every single turn. I would bet money that she'll get back together with him only for him to continue his fuck boy tendencies. See Alex and all his girlfriends.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

I totally agree he's of bad character (although totally hot! #shallow). 

Just saying that there were LOTS of warning signs at every single turn. I would bet money that she'll get back together with him only for him to continue his fuck boy tendencies. See Alex and all his girlfriends.

Water seeks its own level 😉