Type keyword(s) to search

Siesta Key - General Discussion

• Start Topic

If they bring this show back (and they probably shouldn’t) they NEED to dump Pauly. He’s beyond white trash. I’m not sure how mtv is comfortable with him being aggressive and violent to women. He adds nothing to the show. His lameness isn’t even funny anymore. He’s just gross. 

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

If they bring this show back (and they probably shouldn’t) they NEED to dump Pauly. He’s beyond white trash. I’m not sure how mtv is comfortable with him being aggressive and violent to women. He adds nothing to the show. His lameness isn’t even funny anymore. He’s just gross. 

I don't know if they can find anyone else for Alex to film with.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, GreenlinetoHarlem said:

It was awesome when Amanda called Paulie an imbecile and threw him out of the party. Amanda is just awesome overall.

Agreed. And has the greatest butt ever. The only knock on her is she actually beat Chloe up in S1 (don’t really like Chloe, but I think Amanda sat on her and kept punching her until she broke her nose?)

16 hours ago, KLJ said:

Why did Amanda beat up Chloe?

I don’t know why I watch this stupid show. 

They were fighting with each other in a car and she hit Chloe in the nose and it broke. She didn't beat her up, though.

I watched this show for the very first time only because I wanted to see the edit Robby gets.  I don’t think I can bring myself to watch any more of this and will just look for recaps. They’re all hideous people.

• Love 1

My face while on the elliptical machine this morning while watching this show:

tenor.gif

Congrats to the producers of this show for managing to catch a real moment on screen.  The look on everyone's face when Maddisson rolled in with her old ass boyfriend was reality gold.  

I don't know what dude's deal is, but he told me everything I needed to know when she said "I love you," and his response was, "no, we're not there yet."  A guy in his mid-40s dating a 23-24 year old is sketch as hell and raises so many questions.  Even more when you know that he worked with them.  

And I got a good chuckle out of scrawny Brandon thinking he could push up on a grown-ass man 3 times his size.

Also, my favorite was part was:

Brandon: Everyone here thinks this is weird:

Chloe: No we don't.  We don't think it's weird at all.

Cut to Garrett in his I don't really remember words way: This.....is.....weird.

Cut back to Brandon:  You don't think this is weird?

Cut to Juliette in her wanna be valley girl voice:  This is weird.  

Me: mr-t-lol.gif

What is wrong with that Cara girl.  She has some serious issues.  I'm still chuckling at her "yeah, you tell me I'm beautiful, but then you don't even notice my nose job!" 

UnhappyHappyHerculesbeetle-size_restrict

Girl, what?  And it sucks that Garrett isn't more articulate, because he's right when he [tries to] says that Cara is obviously insecure about Kelsey because she's the one who keeps bringing up Kelsey every 5 seconds.  Girl get a grip!  Also, totally didn't realize that she is the Cara that Johnny from The Challenge is dating (also didn't really care cause I can't stand Johnny).

Why am I not surprised that Chloe decided to climb right back up Alex's asshole to lodge herself firmly in his colon.  Her doing his clothes shopping is so, ugh, especially considering that he always treats her like shit.  She will never admit it, but she is very much in love with Alex, and this is all just helping her live out her fantasies of being with him.  But he will never choose her/date her, cause as much as he looks like giant toe, his money allows him to be selective and he only dates size 00 types like Juliette and Kelsey.  

And why does Chloe think after not talking to Juliette since the previous summer that she had any right to grill Robbie or that Juliette's party was the place and time to tell Juliette that Robbie is disingenuous.  She really just can't help trying to place herself in the center of everything all the time.  That being said, I totally believe Robbie is shady.  I don't watch The Batchelor/Bachelorette so I'm not familiar with him at all, but he totally pings my gaydar. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Maddison's boyfriend's teeth are yellow. I really don't see the appeal there, regardless of the age difference. 

I loved when Chloe shut Brandon the fuck down with her "I wouldn't have cheated on her in the first place". It made up for her not knowing the words "genuine", or "general".

• Love 1
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Maddison's boyfriend's teeth are yellow. I really don't see the appeal there, regardless of the age difference. 

I loved when Chloe shut Brandon the fuck down with her "I wouldn't have cheated on her in the first place". It made up for her not knowing the words "genuine", or "general".

Lol. As creepy as Madison’s old bf is, Brandon sucks and needs to move on. He’s so self-absorbed and has such a huge ego. He doesn’t care about Madison. He just wants her to want him to make him feel better about himself. 

Why make up the convoluted story about Chloe “buying Alex’ clothes” as a way to show they’re friends again? So convoluted. Alex is supposedly in Europe with no cloths, so Chloe is buying him European-style clothes in America to send to him in Europe? But I assume he’ll be on the show next week and back from Europe?

I hate to be mean about a person’s appearance, but Kelsey has an ugly smile. Considering she’s a model you’d think she’d smile without making a weird scrunchy face. 

Cara is toxic. She just wants to fight/nag all the time. And I don’t understand her and Garrett. They broke up but spend all their time together fighting about breaking up? Unless they’re having great sex (and I can’t imagine either of them being good at sex) I don’t understand why they’re “together”. 

And Robby, 😂😂😂. Forgot he would be on this season. He actually seems mature compared to everyone else. At least the show finally dumped Paulie (hopefully)

• Love 3

I haven't watched the new premier yet but remember, this is the fakest of fake reality TV shows.

Lot of these kids live elsewhere and fly in to film.  They don't really have the relationships depicted on the show.  The story lines are all concocted, from the beginning.

First of all, look at all the convos.  They're all perfectly lit and staged.  Madison runs out of some club and Brandon comes to talk to her and the cameras are all set up, focused and the lighting is perfect for them.

Obviously they rehearse or do multiple takes to get the lines they want.

I just started watching VPR.  That's another show featuring young, glamorous cast.  They really glam it up, which is to be expected since their all wannabe models and actors.  Maybe they really dress up to work at the restaurant all the time but I think it's about TV too.  Just look at the opening, how glammed up they are, moving in slow motion.

That seems to have been the concept for that show.

But I think a lot of the relationship drama, at least in the episodes I've watched, is real.  Stassi runs out of the restaurant, goes out side to smoke and talk to someone.  A handheld camera trails them and you can see the shaking camera.  But as soon as they start the convo, there are multiple cameras, with closeups of each cast member.  The lighting isn't perfect but it's decent considering it's broad daylight.

So when they spontaneously run outside, it happens in real time.  But before they start talking, they're obviously setting up more cameras and then they start filming.  Maybe they are fed lines or they do multiple takes on lines.

But other times, when they're screaming at each other, it's happening.  Of course a lot of the confrontations could be ginned up by the producers, hyping them up or stoking anger by manipulating the cast, kind of like the things depicted in Unreal.

In the case of SK, I suspect that the cast are willingly playing along, don't have to be manipulated into saying the things they do.

And I doubt things are different in the new season but we shall see.  Still entertaining because of the snark factor.

• Love 2

Maddison’s old ass BF isn’t even a hot old dude.  WTF??  I’m really not understanding what’s going on there.  It’s gross.

I wasn’t paying attention to the opening credits.  Is Canvas gone?

I also need to know who Cara’s parents are.  Is she from a famous family?  

• Love 2

Ok finally saw it.

The way they shoot this show it would be hard to have spontaneous exchanges, because cameras have to be set up and so on.

There are obvious scripted segments like when the cast arrive at a show, they’re kind of like walking down a runway one or two at a time and they’re going in slow mo for part of the time.  So they set up the cameras and had some of the cast walk down towards the cameras.

Brandon getting upset is pretty convincing.  I wouldn’t think he’d be able to fake it.  But why would he be that upset?  He might really like Madison but she left him and they’ve been apart.  Was he suppose to be pining for her?

When he storms off, the cameras are all set up to take artsy shots and there’s a car with a driver and a cameraman inside to film him as he leaves mad.

So the way the scenes are set up just doesn’t seem like they’re as depicted.  Also don’t believe the rest of the cast were surprised or didn’t know whom she was dating.  Then again, we don’t know that they’re real friends who keep in touch off camera either.

They show in previews Madison possibly being pregnant and maybe one of the other girls as well.  What is this a 70s soap opera?  These kids are well off, some of them stinking rich so they take precautions.  Even if they did get pregnant, it’s doubtful they’d show it on TV.  They could quietly get it taken care of.

The producers pretend this is reality of the cast’s lives but they also want to show a very glamorous, affluent lifestyle in a supposedly elite, paradise-like setting.

But the glamorous look and production values undermine their goal of depicting the reality of these people.

Its kind of kind of like Baywatch with richer kids but without the wit.

Edited by scrb

Kelsey and Juliette have obviously had lip work done and it is not an improvement.  Cara's original nose was just fine.  Juliette's eyelashes could not look more ridiculous.   These girls were all naturally pretty S1, not sure what they are doing to their faces.

Madisson's new (old) BF brings the serious yuck factor to the group.  Reminds me of Amber from Teen Mom's ex Matt.  So gross! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, neece26 said:

Kelsey and Juliette have obviously had lip work done and it is not an improvement.  Cara's original nose was just fine.  Juliette's eyelashes could not look more ridiculous.   These girls were all naturally pretty S1, not sure what they are doing to their faces.

Madisson's new (old) BF brings the serious yuck factor to the group.  Reminds me of Amber from Teen Mom's ex Matt.  So gross! 

It’s crazy what we’ve come to when Cara fights with Garrett for NOT commenting on her nose job. Granted, Cara is awful and would have still picked a fight if he did say something, but growing up the joke was always that women tried to hide their nose jobs and pretend they didn’t have them. “It’s just a deviated septum!”

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

“You can’t hit her!”

”You broke her nose!”

lol, I think Chloe is the only person who can get assaulted twice and still not garner any sympathy... that’s not fair, no one on this show would garner sympathy. 

Why is Amanda riding so hard for Chloe?  I don't get it.  I mean, storyline obvs, but this level is ridiculous.  And Juliette's acting has not improved between seasons, cuz that lunge at Amanda was pitiful.  Now I do believe she believes almost anything a dude tells her, so I feel like she thinks her Bachelor dud is genuine.  But, damn, he has some corny ass lines!  Plus, stop telling her she's both too pretty to cry and still pretty when she cries.  It's like he wrote out five possible lines for this scene & decided to use all of them.  Ugh.

• LOL 1

Bachelor Guy: "I guess I was wrong last night.  I didn't ever want to see you cry, because I didn't think you'd be pretty when you cry."

Me:

giphy.gif

I could just imagine one of the producers telling drunk Juliette, "no matter what Chloe says, ask her about Alex," cause she was so focused on sticking to that.  

• Love 2

Fight didn't look that convincing.  Mostly after the first blow or two, Chloe got out of there.

Housewarming, Kelsey again has a nice apt. with another cast member.

But it seems to be a staple for this show, to have a fight or brawl.

The guys mocking Ish, probably fed those lines like talking about recliner.

Then the convo with daddy.  I can't imagine the men would even agree to do that scene because it would be such a private matter, if indeed Madison and Ish relationship is real.

Turns out Ish is going to leave the situation so he may not be on this season again.  So why even agree to appear on the show in the first place?

• Love 1

Question.  I am not a fan of any of these people, but Chloe and the others keep saying that Juliette's new boyfriend is using her.  So far we have seen him give her a trip to Greece and a 65 inch TV, so how exactly is he using her??

• Love 1
35 minutes ago, blondiek237 said:

Question.  I am not a fan of any of these people, but Chloe and the others keep saying that Juliette's new boyfriend is using her.  So far we have seen him give her a trip to Greece and a 65 inch TV, so how exactly is he using her??

They think he's using her to get on the show and to build his social media business/brand.

4 hours ago, blondiek237 said:

1) it’s a storyline, and since Juliette is a regular and Robby probably won’t be on another season (I’m not sure they’re even still together) it makes sense to cast him as the villain even if as others note they’re probably using each other 

2) as others noted, they think he’s using her fame to build his “brand”. We’ve already seen that he met Juliette because he worked with Kelsey. And there was a comment that he was probably “paying” for the Greece trip by taking pictures of Juliette and probably write the whole thing off as a business expense. I don’t understand the whole “Influencer” job thing, but one of the most bs things about it seems like you can write off everything you do in life as a “business expense”. Have breakfast? Take a pic and post it and now it’s for work. I can’t tell you how many “yoga retreats” or “development meetings” I see millennials posting from Mexico and Costa Rica. Nice racket if you can pull it off. And the irs is too understaffed to ever go after them. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

They think he's using her to get on the show and to build his social media business/brand.

Which is ridiculous, imo...The Bachelor/ette gets waaaay more viewers and interest than li'l ole Siesta Key.  I'm sure he wants to build his brand, but you'd think he'd find someone with more "oomph".

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, OnceSane said:

Which is ridiculous, imo...The Bachelor/ette gets waaaay more viewers and interest than li'l ole Siesta Key.  I'm sure he wants to build his brand, but you'd think he'd find someone with more "oomph".

But this a maybe different people than the Bach viewers. Plus, he may be persona non grata in Bach Nation because he broke up with Amanda. I don’t know the details, but the Franchise has designated Amanda Stanton as some poor saint who’s never wrong, so they may have dumped Robby to support her. 

1 hour ago, Hiacios said:

I haven't been watching the show that long but man, Chole is a patronizing self-righteous POS! She needs to stay out of peoples business! She ain't nobodies "older sister!"

That's her role on the show.

She lives in Colorado or something, just flies in for filming.

She has her own relationship but she doesn't show it on the show.

Robby is a creepy weirdo. 

And he didn't bat an eye lying about something he did on camera.  Then when they showed him picking up Amanda's wallet....what a creep.

I'm really liking Jared and his dad bod, as well as Cara's friend.  Would totally take her as a main cast member over Cara who is just annoying as fuck.  She doesn't want to be Garrett, but she wants him to end it so that she can say he's the bad guy.  She's a dick.  Chloe got it right when she said Cara isn't confused, she just confusing Garrett.

Speaking of Chloe, she couldn't be more pleased that she know has this police report which gives her the upper hand over her and Juliet's friendship.  If she wasn't so damn manipulative, I think Chloe would make an amazing therapist.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, luckyroll3 said:

Speaking of Chloe, she couldn't be more pleased that she know has this police report which gives her the upper hand over her and Juliet's friendship.  If she wasn't so damn manipulative, I think Chloe would make an amazing therapist.  

Chloe looked like the cat who got the cream. Which is not a good look for her.

Alex coming off private jet back from Europe.

No more law school?

If his father is funding that kind of lifestyle, why bother with law school?  Why bother with this show?

Would MTV shell out to lease a private jet?  Maybe one of those private jet sharing services.

Noticed Juliette is driving a Benz convertible.  OK, she has a job just out of college?  But MTV can't be paying that much, so they leased a car for her.

I guess reality shows these days are about showcasing a baller lifestyle.  I've been watching the early seasons of Vanderpump Rules and the cast drive normal beater cars and live in "crappy" apartments.

Not that that show has a lot of reality going on either.

• Love 1

Robby stole Amamda's phone. The thing that really skeeved me the f out was when Kelsey was confronting him about it he said "Do you trust me?", and when she trepidatiously responded in the affirmative, he immediately goes "THEN END OF CONVERSATION!!! The fuck? Creeeeeepy. And I think he's fucking ugly. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, scrb said:

No more law school?

If his father is funding that kind of lifestyle, why bother with law school?  Why bother with this show?

I thought that it was Alex's dad who initially got this show started.... but I don't have a source for that.... 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

I thought that it was Alex's dad who initially got this show started.... but I don't have a source for that.... 

That's correct. His dad funded this show which is why we have a reality show where the "main hottie guy" looks like Shrek with the personality of a marble.

• LOL 9
  • Love 4
19 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

It is but if they're so rich, Bentleys and private jets for the son who doesn't work, then why are they chasing fame and fortune for him?

Is this show going to get him on other shows?  Maybe, with MTV, they will put him on Are you the One.  Or maybe he gets on Bachelor.  Or whatever.

Or maybe they think he can have a movie career.  😂

Or he's not as rich as they try to portray on the show but they want to get his TV career started.

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

That's correct. His dad funded this show which is why we have a reality show where the "main hottie guy" looks like Shrek with the personality of a marble.

10 minutes ago, ChristmasJones said:

Well, he's a not-very-bright womanizer who looks like Shrek, so buying him a reality show seems like the best thing Daddy could do for the guy.

I mean the sad truth is, all his father has to do is buy him nice cars and clothes and young women will hang all over him, regardless of looks or personality.

Or they could arrange a marriage to the daughter of a business associate or some other rich family.

He doesn't need this show to get casual hookups.

I don't know if the show is that popular but someone said Juliette had some big social media following so maybe the cast is able to make money from touting bullshit products on IG.

But at least being on TV, he probably gets some groupies or girls wanting to at least take selfies with him.

• LOL 1

Robby stole Amamda's phone. The thing that really skeeved me the f out was when Kelsey was confronting him about it he said "Do you trust me?", and when she trepidatiously responded in the affirmative, he immediately goes "THEN END OF CONVERSATION!!! The fuck? Creeeeeepy. And I think he's fucking ugly. 

They may milk that as a season-long story line, about how Robbie is a user and how he gaslights Juliette and others.

But it's bizarre.  Why would you take someone's phone?  Maybe if it's someone you want to spy on.

Maybe they will have some event where he found some personal info from her phone and then uses it against Amanda, though why would he bother?

Don't people lock their phones and use Find My iPhone these days?  You'd think a phone would be pretty much useless to anyone else these days, which is why this "story" is bizarre, unless it's to set up some plot or incident later on.

5 hours ago, scrb said:

No more law school?

Would MTV shell out to lease a private jet?  Maybe one of those private jet sharing services.

Noticed Juliette is driving a Benz convertible.  OK, she has a job just out of college?  But MTV can't be paying that much, so they leased a car for her.

I guess reality shows these days are about showcasing a baller lifestyle.  I've been watching the early seasons of Vanderpump Rules and the cast drive normal beater cars and live in "crappy" apartments.

Not that that show has a lot of reality going on either.

The show probably just rented a private jet at a hangar and filmed Alex getting out of it to appear like a baller. I doubt he or the show actually paid for the flight. 

And Alex probably wanted even more fame and women than he’s already getting. The Kardashians didn’t need to do reality shows to become rich, but they like doing it. I’m sure Alex thinks of himself as a wonderful human being who should hang with celebrities, be a star, and maybe be an actor or something. 

• Love 2
17 hours ago, scrb said:

But it's bizarre.  Why would you take someone's phone?  Maybe if it's someone you want to spy on.

I agree, it is bizarre.  That's why I think he tossed it into the bay, just to be a malicious asshole.  He probably clapped after he did it.

Edited by sugarbaker design
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

The “store” that Juliette was supposedly working at doesn’t look real.  Just a nondescript space with nothing on the walls and a few clothes racks?

She wants a career in fashion but it looks like retail.

Meanwhile Alex’s dad buys an old bar, gives it to Alex, who hires Chloe to manage it.  Her idea to draw in more people are to put tables outside and TVs.  Is that how bars are like in this area?

Juliette is torn, wants to work at the store job she just got out of college but also wants to go to Greece.

She chooses Greece even if it means losing the job.  Her boss is on camera quite a bit so Juliette isn’t losing this “job.”

The gang go water skiing.  But Alex and Cara get into a heated discussion, where she accuses her of cheating on Garrett.  She gets angry and demands to the producer to leave the scene.  Alex says “you signed up for this” meaning the show.  But she has the crew take her back shore on another boat.

She must have remembered she’s rich and doesn’t have to do this BS.

• LOL 2
5 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Weren't we told that Juliet went to school for some kind of "real" thing that was not fashion-related? I'd take the trip to Greece, in that case, because why work at a store?

I think she's supposed to be leading the marketing efforts for the store, especially as it grows from a boutique to an online presence?  

• Love 1
1 minute ago, luckyroll3 said:

I think she's supposed to be leading the marketing efforts for the store, especially as it grows from a boutique to an online presence?  

Looks like she was getting coffee for everyone, including the owner who wanted extra sugar in her cappuccino.

If that is a real job and business, the owner apparently wants to be featured on the TV show so the job isn't going away.

Also, the show wants to film Juliette in her bikini in Greece, hence this trip.

About the only real thing happening on the show seems to be Cara walking off the show when Alex annoyed her.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1