Type keyword(s) to search

Siesta Key - General Discussion

• Start Topic

The Inside MTV's Siesta Key podcasts haven't updated in 2-3 weeks.

I went to the site to see if I could contact someone:

http://www.insidemtvsiestakey.com

It links to the Sarasota Herald-Tribute, where the people who do these podcasts work.

There are stories about power being restored soon, so I would gather they had bigger things to deal with the past couple of weeks than watching and commenting on a mediocre MTV reality show.

• Love 1
On 9/16/2017 at 0:55 PM, scrb said:

It links to the Sarasota Herald-Tribute, where the people who do these podcasts work.

There are stories about power being restored soon, so I would gather they had bigger things to deal with the past couple of weeks than watching and commenting on a mediocre MTV reality show.

I hope they're back this week. I've enjoyed listening to the podcast. 

On 9/16/2017 at 0:55 PM, scrb said:

Thanks for posting the link, I enjoyed listening. I hope they will continue, although now that they're a few weeks behind I'm not sure that they'll go back and discuss previous episodes. 

This week was interesting with Juliette setting out to screw Kelsey over. I actually thought she and garrett seemed pretty well matched in the intelligence/hobbies departments, although Juliette can't be all that ditzy if she got into FSU. 

I came here to get more clarity on the Chloe/Amanda fight, but seems like this is just bizarre. I also don't understand why Chloe didn't press charges, or why everyone blamed Chloe for the whole thing. Amanda held a girl down and punched and broke her nose. And doesn't feel bad about it. That's a psychopath. 

I guess if if this show was pitched by Alex's father, then it makes sense the girls are into him. It was probably a condition of being on the show that they all needed to be into him. I had to chuckle when Madisson mentioned Alex, "Putting on the charm" lol. The guy talks like a dullard. 

I think Kelsey is really pretty, but I find it hard to believe she's a big time international model. She doesn't really have the look of a fashion model. And I don't mean that negatively, just that it's hard to get into that field. 

• Love 3

This show really makes me appreciate the kids from Laguna Beach. Think about it, those were HIGH SCHOOL KIDS being filmed for TV at a time before people had an idea how to act on TV or were naive to how TV could edit you. This show is full of COLLEGE GRADUATES who grew up watching people on reality TV, and they seem stiff and dumb compared to the LB cast. And LB wasn't full of rocket scientists. But, they at least seemed interesting and fun on camera. These people are just so damn dull! 

• Love 4

They seem to be playing a bad script.

Kelsey accuses Garrett of throwing away their friendship that took 6 months for her to build up.

At one point, Kelsey says Garrett was trying to put limits on her freedom or something like that.  It was in the context of them talking about whether she was engaging in some extracurricular activities with Alex.  She admitted kissing Alex.

Um, wasn't Kelsey the one "throwing away their friendship?"

It seems like they're playing off a bad, cliched script.

Meanwhile she sees Alex chatting up some girl during their date, while he's suppose to be going to "urinate."

Juliette meanwhile is going to sabotage Kelsey and Garrett.  She says Garrett is cute but she wants some kind of revenge.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, scrb said:

At one point, Kelsey says Garrett was trying to put limits on her freedom or something like that.  It was in the context of them talking about whether she was engaging in some extracurricular activities with Alex.  She admitted kissing Alex.

Um, wasn't Kelsey the one "throwing away their friendship?"

During one of those conversations Kelsey basically said, "I'm great, because no other girlfriend would ever admit to flirting with another guy." And I was like, what the fuck?  Garrett responded, "a real girlfriend wouldn't flirt with another guy in the first place," and she acted all offended.  [/insert eyeroll]  I really can't stand Kelsey and I can't wait for Alex to fuck her over like he did everyone else.  

Although he's responsible for bringing Alex into this world, I kinda love Alex's dad.  "Life is hard; it's harder when you're stupid."  So true.  It's nice of him to take care of the cousin, but dude is fucking 27(!?!?); he needs to get his shit together, and they are doing him no favors by constantly bailing him out.  

Juliett is annoying and pathetic, because we all know that as soon as Alex even looks in her direction, she'll jump right back into bed with him again without a second thought.  

• Love 3

I am catching up with the show.

I find it amusing that the condo that Chloe moved into with her friend is already up for sale on Zillow. It's on Wood St & listed for 157k.

Why is Madison not telling everyone about Kelsey kissing Alex at her pool party?

Paul has been arrested 11 times. That's not good. 

The parents on this show are all pretty good.

I like Garrett. He is nice to everyone. I think Juliette wants him as a rebound boyfriend.

4 hours ago, oakville said:

I am catching up with the show.

I find it amusing that the condo that Chloe moved into with her friend is already up for sale on Zillow. It's on Wood St & listed for 157k.

Why is Madison not telling everyone about Kelsey kissing Alex at her pool party?

Paul has been arrested 11 times. That's not good. 

The parents on this show are all pretty good.

I like Garrett. He is nice to everyone. I think Juliette wants him as a rebound boyfriend.

How did you find the listing for Chloe's condo? I thought the complex looked familiar, it's interesting to find out it's those condos because believe it or not they've actually spruced the place up a lot from what it appears on the show. But there's no way in hell one of those units is worth 157k even in Sarasota ?

26 minutes ago, Loudmouse18 said:

How did you find the listing for Chloe's condo? I thought the complex looked familiar, it's interesting to find out it's those condos because believe it or not they've actually spruced the place up a lot from what it appears on the show. But there's no way in hell one of those units is worth 157k even in Sarasota ?

I noticed that the condo where Chloe was living had a "Citywalk" sign on the pool fence when Juliette was talking to Garrett. I went on Zillow looking for condos for sale at CityWalk. I found the unit by looking at photos. You can see the aquarium & brown leather couch in the listing photos.

I wonder why the condo is up for sale so quickly after filming. 

The address is 2121 Wood Street Suite 205. The price was reduced on August 19 to $157k

Edited by oakville
Address provided
20 minutes ago, oakville said:

I noticed that the condo where Chloe was living had a "Citywalk" sign on the pool fence when Juliette was talking to Garrett. I went on Zillow looking for condos for sale at CityWalk. I found the unit by looking at photos. You can see the aquarium & brown leather couch in the listing photos.

I wonder why the condo is up for sale so quickly after filming. 

The address is 2121 Wood Street Suite 205. The price was reduced on August 19 to $157k

Nice detective work! At this point I'm half watching the show while playing solitaire most weeks. 

I wonder if Chloe still lives there...I'd like to give her the benefit of the doubt but realistically she's probably moved back in with her mom already. 

• Love 2

Okay. It's bad. But I'm still watching. Alex's dad had to have put some serious coin and connections behind this for them to make that charmless, damn ugly, monosyllabic goon the main male 'lead'. It's completely unbelievable that All those women would even look at his bulldog jawed face twice. He needs to get a bit of a reality check, his female best friend (chloe?) should've ugly shamed his arse when he fat-shamed her multiple times.The screen couldn't be deader when he's on.

What saves it are the other cast, mainly the girls who at least have some spark about them.

Read somewhere that when they tested the pilot the audience hated all the main males so they had to find some fake friends for Alex so audiences might like the show more. Apparently the girls tested well.

Hilarious way to get a show about yourself made. I don't think it'll last long.

• Love 4

In the latest podcast, they alluded to some ratings numbers.

They're nothing like Laguna Beach, Hills or Jersey Shore.

However, for summer programming, it might be good enough to get renewed.

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Junglehmm said:

Read somewhere that when they tested the pilot the audience hated all the main males so they had to find some fake friends for Alex so audiences might like the show more. Apparently the girls tested well.

The only one with an ounce of charisma is Juliet.  The rest appear to be reading cue cards. 

• Love 2

Pauley's music is quite awful and his performance was painful.  How much of a dummy do you have to be to keep shutting the mic off while you're performing?  Also, getting drunk before the performance shows up serious his about this as a career.  I couldn't even feel sorry for him when he was crying in his car.  You are 27....get a real job, douche.

Kelsey needs to go kick rocks.  I was so glad when she went whining to Chloe, that Chloe put her in her place about HER behaviors that contributed to the current situation.  And while I think Juliet definitely kissed Garrett in front her to make her jealous, Kelsey has some nerve telling Garrett that at least she was respectful enough to cheat behind his back.  Bitch, what?!?!  She cannot be serious.  Did anyone else catch that she finally admitted to hooking up with Alex the night of Gala, then continued to lie further that she was planning to tell Garrett when the time was right?  She's so full of shit.  

I find it interesting that whenever Chloe tells the Alex and Pauley the truth about themselves, they always tell her, "you need to calm down," as if she's getting out of hand and is blowing things out of proportion.  

• Love 3

Kelsey- You f@ed another dude while in a relationship then lied about it. You're not a victim. Garrett kissing a girl in front of you doesn't mean you're even, or equal, or he's worse. What you did was shady. Grow a pair, admit what you did, and apologize sincerely. I used to like you, now can't stand you. 

Alex- finally figured out what this show reminds me of. Entiurage. Beautifully filmed, beautiful people, but ultimately horrible shows because the two leads (Alex and Vincent Chase) are pumped as "The greatest thing ever!", yet both actors have the charm and charisma of a chair. Nobody believes these girls are fighting over Alex.

Garrett- love you but, dude, develop SOME personality. I feel bad for him, because I can't believe Juliette really has feelings for him (I think she just wants revenge on Alex and Kelsey and will hurt Garrett in the process). Juliette is STILL the one asking Garrett out to things and initiating all their interactions. And the poor boy has no game and no sense of humor :(

Pauly - Is he for real, or a bad actor playing a bad Italian stereotype? He doesn't fit in at all in the cast and serves no purpose. His rapping sucked, and if you pay attention he never ACTUALLY apologizes to Chloe. What a tool. 

Madison - Stop talking with that frozen smile on your face. Try developing more facial expressions. 

Juliette's friends are cute. We need to feature them doing more yoga. 

Edited by Stan39
Typo
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

I find it interesting that whenever Chloe tells the Alex and Pauley the truth about themselves, they always tell her, "you need to calm down," as if she's getting out of hand and is blowing things out of proportion.  

I also noticed that Pauly didn't actually apologize. He just explained his reasoning, said he wanted to squash it, and invited Chloe to his gig. What a prick. Alex also did the thing of, "I take full responsibility, but this is why I did it." You can tell Alex doesn't care, he's just smart enough to realize what an ass he'll look like on TV if he doesn't take the blame. 

And Alex's dad is a chiropractor? How the hell does he make THAT much money?

16 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

I also noticed that Pauly didn't actually apologize. He just explained his reasoning, said he wanted to squash it, and invited Chloe to his gig. What a prick. Alex also did the thing of, "I take full responsibility, but this is why I did it." You can tell Alex doesn't care, he's just smart enough to realize what an ass he'll look like on TV if he doesn't take the blame. 

And Alex's dad is a chiropractor? How the hell does he make THAT much money?

His dad isn't a practicing chiropractor, as far as I know. He started a legal/medical referral service called 1 800 ask Gary, so you get into a car accident, you call them and they'll help you with getting a lawyer/medical treatment. It's a household name here, and they're loaded. 

State Farm sued Gary a few years back for fraud. 

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts/criminal/state-farm-sues-ask-gary-empire-wants-money-back/2133765

I will say, for a group of just-out-of-college, beautiful, rich kids, it's refreshing to see that none of them (off the top of my head) seem to have had any unnecessary plastic surgery. 

Although, I predict by next season (if there is one), the majority of the girls will have huge fake boobs.

(Nothing at all wrong with fake boobs or plastic surgery, I just love how confident they are without it when they clearly could afford to do whatever they want)

Some of the women, particularly the additional friends/extras/b-squad, are straight up ripped and look incredible. I just hope none of them pulls a Heidi Montag so they're unrecognizable.

• Love 2
On 9/25/2017 at 0:27 PM, Junglehmm said:

Okay. It's bad. But I'm still watching. Alex's dad had to have put some serious coin and connections behind this for them to make that charmless, damn ugly, monosyllabic goon the main male 'lead'. It's completely unbelievable that All those women would even look at his bulldog jawed face twice. He needs to get a bit of a reality check, his female best friend (chloe?) should've ugly shamed his arse when he fat-shamed her multiple times.The screen couldn't be deader when he's on.

You saved me from typing thanks.

• Love 1

What an unremarkable finale, can't believe it's actually being renewed.

My guide said that Pauly pushes Chloe.  I actually expected him to shove her.  What a weak ass response from the group when he started making fun of her again.  Doesn't anyone else notice how not in shape he is as well.  Who the hell is he to call anyone fat?  Alex too, he's definitely got the early stage moobs going on.  Why must the women look perfect while the men can look like ass?  Bums me out that no one loudly told Pauly to shut it.

• Love 1

Chloe may not be as tall and thin as the other blondes, but she's not out of shape.  She has a nice body and I thought she looked great in the bathing suit.  Pauly is a dick who thinks he can use his parents' deaths as the excuse for why he can't get his shit together.  When I thought he was 21, that excuse would have gotten some side-eye from me, but I would have been more empathetic because he was young and just starting to figure out his life on his, which is difficult at the age, even when your parents are around.  But that doesn't give him carte blanche to treat other people like shit.  And while it sucks that his parents aren't there, he's damn near 30, with a strong support system in his uncle and cousin (which many people who lose their parents young don't even have), and still acting like he's 21.    Watch, he'll be the 65 year old bum talking about how we just don't understand what he's had to deal with.  Take that shit somewhere else.  I'm glad that Chloe listened to his apology but still told him he was a jerk, and that she left the party after he not only started with his rude ass shit again, but after no one else at the party said anything until after she left, and even then, it was real half-hearted.  

Of course Kelsey wants Garrett back after Alex kicked her ass to the curb.  Why am I not surprised.  And her whole, "Looks like dating other people really backfired on both of us."  Nah bitch; it backfired on you!  She thought she could fuck around on Garrett and that he would just be there and waiting on her.  If they are back on the show next year, I really hope Garrett has moved on.  She'll continue to jerk him around for the rest of their lives if he goes back to her.  

Juliet's voice overs are annoying.  I don't think she has any self-awareness.  She seems to think that she had the upper hand in her whole situation with Alex when he played her worse than the other girls and she STILL continued to fuck him.  Such a trainwreck. 

I'm glad Madisson and Brandon made it through.  I don't mind them as a couple.  I thought for a second that Madisson was gonna choose Alex, but she held strong.  Also, who pines over that ugly ass dude for 8 fucking years.  Blech!

• Love 2

I feel like the problem with Alex and Paul (I refuse to call a human over the age of 12 Pauly) wasn't so much that he was "fat shaming" Chloe and that they needed to stop making fun of her weight.  The problem is that they are not good human beings who do not possess empathy, a good core and that they wouldn't want to do or say anything that would purposely hurt someone they say they care about!  They saw it as "oh, we are just joking" and that Chloe should understand that, also, their joke WASN'T NOT FUNNY (tm Real World Tammy)  at all..("chloe looks like a beached whale in that swimming suit" I hope Paul makes sure that Louis CK doesn't steal that gem and use it in his next show *eyeroll.)

It was a pretty typical reaction from Paul who strikes me as a spoiled narcissist though when he tried to apologize to her on the docks before the July 4th party.  He was pissed that she wouldn't jut accept it and move on and had the nerve to push back on him, he went down his probably previously successful path of not being held accountable to his words or actions.  1. Make her feel like she also has some blame with it (YOU don't understand how hard it is to be me!) 2. Pull out the old sympathy card (I lost both my parents by 20. I also think Chloe grew up without a father?) and then when both those failed, he got angry and lashed out which is # 3. Escalate and get even meaner (You look like a beached whale and something about how big her swim suit is).  

I mean textbook reaction for a guy like him....Alex is just like him, he's just slightly more charismatic and is better with the ladies for now, but mark my words, Madisson has experienced each one of these reactions in her previous 8 years so good for her for not falling for it again. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

Of course Kelsey wants Garrett back after Alex kicked her ass to the curb.  Why am I not surprised.  And her whole, "Looks like dating other people really backfired on both of us."  Nah bitch; it backfired on you!  She thought she could fuck around on Garrett and that he would just be there and waiting on her.  If they are back on the show next year, I really hope Garrett has moved on.  She'll continue to jerk him around for the rest of their lives if he goes back to her.  

Juliet's voice overs are annoying.  I don't think she has any self-awareness.  She seems to think that she had the upper hand in her whole situation with Alex when he played her worse than the other girls and she STILL continued to fuck him.  Such a trainwreck. 

Totally agree. I actually think Juliet and Garrett made a good couple. They looked good together, and they have the whole fitness thing in common. He and Kelsey had like zero chemistry, but I did feel like he and Juliet had a little spark. I mean...as much spark as two people with severely bland personalities and serious vocal fry can have. 

Chloe was the best part of the whole show, and considering how in the beginning they portrayed her as having these super intense rage issues, she came a long way by quietly leaving the party in the finale when she felt uncomfortable. She also moved out and found her own living situation, got a therapist...really, she's the only one who had any substantial growth over the course of the season. I wish they would have showed more of Madison's job search, or even Kelsey's modeling, or showing the girls working behind the bar when it's actually busy instead of having their friends visit and help them cut lemons when it's super dead (which I'm reasonably certain is probably a health code violation) -- SOMETHING other than them just hanging out in bathing suits and going on vacations. 

I really hope they introduce some more likable guys in the next season. Brandon and Garrett are okay, albeit a little boring, but Pauly and Alex are disasters. I find absolutely nothing interesting about Alex. Kind of a strange choice for the "lead", but obviously his family is paying for that.

Also can I just say that when Kelsey was talking to her MOM about potentially hooking up with Alex on vacation...oh my good lord. I mean I know it's a different world out there nowadays, and I'm about 10 years older than the characters on this show, but my mom probably would have FAINTED if I even suggested such a thing in her presence. Her mom's response was funny though, "is it really that hard to not hook up with somebody?" LOL. 

Edited by MoonMountain
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, MoonMountain said:

Totally agree. I actually think Juliet and Garrett made a good couple. They looked good together, and they have the whole fitness thing in common. He and Kelsey had like zero chemistry, but I did feel like he and Juliet had a little spark. I mean...as much spark as two people with severely bland personalities and serious vocal fry can have. 

Chloe was the best part of the whole show, and considering how in the beginning they portrayed her as having these super intense rage issues, she came a long way by quietly leaving the party in the finale when she felt uncomfortable. She also moved out and found her own living situation, got a therapist...really, she's the only one who had any substantial growth over the course of the season. I wish they would have showed more of Madison's job search, or even Kelsey's modeling, or showing the girls working behind the bar when it's actually busy instead of having their friends visit and help them cut lemons when it's super dead (which I'm reasonably certain is probably a health code violation) -- SOMETHING other than them just hanging out in bathing suits and going on vacations. 

I really hope they introduce some more likable guys in the next season. Brandon and Garrett are okay, albeit a little boring, but Pauly and Alex are disasters. I find absolutely nothing interesting about Alex. Kind of a strange choice for the "lead", but obviously his family is paying for that.

Also can I just say that when Kelsey was talking to her MOM about potentially hooking up with Alex on vacation...oh my good lord. I mean I know it's a different world out there nowadays, and I'm about 10 years older than the characters on this show, but my mom probably would have FAINTED if I even suggested such a thing in her presence. Her mom's response was funny though, "is it really that hard to not hook up with somebody?" LOL. 

I liked all the parents on this show. Alex's dad pulling his hair out over having to deal with Pauly was hilarious. Kelsey's mom was very nice & reasonable. I also liked Brandon's parents. They told him to keep his options open about going back to school.

There must be more to Chloe than what they're showing. This season she had another girl punch and break her nose and a guy repeatedly make fat jokes about her, and none of her friends really came to her defense. Huh? How do people not curse out Pauly about the "beached whale" comment and kick him out? Instead, they don't say anything and let Chloe just leave. Then, when Pauly keeps it up, Alex and the other girls meekly come to Chloe's defense. What was with Alex's comeback about "seeing Chloe's side"? Why not just call out Pauley for being a d!ck and tell him to get sober? These are twenty-something adults, they need to stand up more. 

And if they bring this show I really hope they cut out the Alex-is-a-humanitarian-ladies-man scenes. I get that his family bank rolled this, but hopefully MTV takes over production and shows him for the tool he is. 

• Love 3

In the podcast for the last ep., they said MTV is going to add 8 episodes as a coda.

Not sure if that would be it or they wanted to add to this season and also renew for second season.

2 hours ago, Stan39 said:

There must be more to Chloe than what they're showing. This season she had another girl punch and break her nose and a guy repeatedly make fat jokes about her, and none of her friends really came to her defense. Huh? How do people not curse out Pauly about the "beached whale" comment and kick him out? Instead, they don't say anything and let Chloe just leave. Then, when Pauly keeps it up, Alex and the other girls meekly come to Chloe's defense. What was with Alex's comeback about "seeing Chloe's side"? Why not just call out Pauley for being a d!ck and tell him to get sober? These are twenty-something adults, they need to stand up more. 

And if they bring this show I really hope they cut out the Alex-is-a-humanitarian-ladies-man scenes. I get that his family bank rolled this, but hopefully MTV takes over production and shows him for the tool he is. 

I really want to know the history of Chloe and the group too because there has to be a reason she gets punched in the face and everyone blames it on her. I thought maybe I could find some info online somewhere but I haven't come up with anything. 

On 10/7/2017 at 4:37 PM, Stan39 said:

On 10/7/2017 at 7:05 PM, Loudmouse18 said:

I really want to know the history of Chloe and the group too because there has to be a reason she gets punched in the face and everyone blames it on her. I thought maybe I could find some info online somewhere but I haven't come up with anything. 

I said upthread that I felt that there was something going unsaid about Chloe from her friends and her mom.  It's like this huge elephant looming in the room that everyone keeps glancing at but doesn't say anything about.  

On 10/7/2017 at 4:37 PM, Stan39 said:

The only reason that scene was in there was because Alex got caught with a hammerhead.

Edited by luckyroll3
  • Love 1
On October 9, 2017 at 10:46 AM, luckyroll3 said:

I said upthread that I felt that there was something going unsaid about Chloe from her friends and her mom.  It's like this huge elephant looming in the room that everyone keeps glancing at but doesn't say anything about.  

The only reason that scene was in there was because Alex got caught with a hammerhead.

Really? I didn't know that. What an ass. Still, Alex seems very aware of his image on this. The fundraiser for children with special needs, the mangroves, picking up garbage on the beach. Yet, he can't figure out to distance himself from Pauley and his behavior?

On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:31 PM, heatherchandler said:

Spencer is hilarious!  I know he got annoying in the early ‘10s but I’ve heard a few podcasts recently with him as a guest and he was cracking me up!

same!!!

• Love 1

Excellent Season premiere with additions such as Canvas who is chasing after Brandon  & Hannah who appeared last season as a friend of Juliette. Alex has his jaw wired shut after getting punched in a bar in Tampa. The show has amped up the drama & Garrett is in trouble for letting Kelsey stay over. Juliette is not happy. I like this show & we just got back from visiting Siesta Key. I highly recommend eating at the Casey Key Tiki Restaurant.

Not sure how, but they managed to amp up the cheesiness of this show. The long lingering shots on body parts, the fantastically "deep" declarations of love on the dock, the still lifeless eyes of Garrett...

Glad they went out and hired some actors to beef up the cast.  The only interesting story line for me from the previews is Chloe's health.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Not sure how, but they managed to amp up the cheesiness of this show. The long lingering shots on body parts, the fantastically "deep" declarations of love on the dock, the still lifeless eyes of Garrett...

Glad they went out and hired some actors to beef up the cast.  The only interesting story line for me from the previews is Chloe's health.  

Haha. I thought the same thing. I loved the overly dramatic music. But I'm not sure about the new cast additions: Canvas and then a bunch of "friends" I can barely remember how they're associated let alone their names. 

They added two POCs to the cast and one of them is gay!

Now is the guy saying that Siesta Key is "conservative" because the community in general is homophobic and he can't be open about his sexual orientation there or it's because his family is there and he hasn't come out to them yet?

Madison has an apt. with Kelsey.  Bet production set that up for them so they could film there.  It's actually nicer place than they were living in last season.  So did she get an engineering job down there or move to NY like she was talking about?  No, she's on reality TV now so no need for a regular job!

Alex is going away to law school?  OK but if there's another season of the show, he will probably be on it.  Now that MTV is producing this from the beginning, I'm sure the story lines will be more contrived.  He has no incentive to go to law school, once his old man leaves him the family fortune.  Somehow, I think he's going to find a way to continue to be on the show.  If he's going to law school for real, he wouldn't have time to film and in the summers, he's suppose to intern at firms, not filming a TV show.

Also, is that his mother or his step mother?  She looks like mid 30s or early 40s while Alex is in his early 20s?

Yeah they had too many lingering shots of Garrett.  What happened to the ass shots of the girls in bikinis?

Oh and no sign of Amanda, who was in a couple of key story lines in season one?  I can't imagine that someone who does bikini contests would decline to do another season of a reality TV show.

Edited by scrb
  • Love 3
22 hours ago, scrb said:

They added two POCs to the cast and one of them is gay!

Now is the guy saying that Siesta Key is "conservative" because the community in general is homophobic and he can't be open about his sexual orientation there or it's because his family is there and he hasn't come out to them yet?

Madison has an apt. with Kelsey.  Bet production set that up for them so they could film there.  It's actually nicer place than they were living in last season.  So did she get an engineering job down there or move to NY like she was talking about?  No, she's on reality TV now so no need for a regular job!

Alex is going away to law school?  OK but if there's another season of the show, he will probably be on it.  Now that MTV is producing this from the beginning, I'm sure the story lines will be more contrived.  He has no incentive to go to law school, once his old man leaves him the family fortune.  Somehow, I think he's going to find a way to continue to be on the show.  If he's going to law school for real, he wouldn't have time to film and in the summers, he's suppose to intern at firms, not filming a TV show.

Also, is that his mother or his step mother?  She looks like mid 30s or early 40s while Alex is in his early 20s?

Yeah they had too many lingering shots of Garrett.  What happened to the ass shots of the girls in bikinis?

Oh and no sign of Amanda, who was in a couple of key story lines in season one?  I can't imagine that someone who does bikini contests would decline to do another season of a reality TV show.

Sarasota/siesta key can be a mixed bag as far as homophobia goes...politically it's very conservative and is mostly made up of old/wealthy white people. However there's definitely a gay community, it's not like you have to be secretive about your identity. I'm guessing his parents are conservative and I believe he said he's used to being in Miami which is obviously a more liberal area where he wouldn't have to worry about his parents catching on to his lifestyle. 

Beth is Alex's Mom, she's in her late 50s but that's what plastic surgery will do for you!

On 1/16/2018 at 6:34 AM, Stan39 said:

Haha. I thought the same thing. I loved the overly dramatic music. But I'm not sure about the new cast additions: Canvas and then a bunch of "friends" I can barely remember how they're associated let alone their names. 

The new castmembers were sitting, watching, and discussing all the drama like Statler and Waldorf from the Muppet Show.  Do we really need the greek chorus in addition to all the damn dramatic shots and scenes?

Canvas is trying way too hard. But what's his name also seems really into her.  Sucks for Madisson.  She needs to stand up for herself more.  She should know better from letting Alex jerk her around for several years.  

Still can't stand Kelsey or Juliet.  They're both full of shit.

The show has a lot more drama this season. Juliette got into a shoving match with Kelsey. Alex had to rescue poor Juliette from the rest of the group. 

Madisson nearly hit Canvas.

Her sister, Paige said that she was romantically attracted to Canvas.

I wonder how Madisson & Kelsey can not afford to live in a beach apartment?