Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Voyeurs

Drogo

I think I understood what happened...? It didn't click for me until almost the very end, though, when the wine bottle spilled on the floor for the second time. The dancing was really beautiful, at any rate.

A much more enjoyable example of the Duplass brothers' work is a movie starring Mark Duplass called The One I Love. It's twisty and odd, but has a resolution, unlike nearly each episode in this series.

I watched episodes 1-5 and every one was a painfully slow buildup followed by...a huge letdown.  I thought I'd give it one more shot.  Well, at least episode 6 was different.  It was so much worse than the other episodes I think I have emotional trauma.  It's the worst thing I've ever seen, and I once saw a woman die.

I was expecting something along the lines of Twilight Zine, Black Mirror or maybe even X-Files, instead I found what seems to be a masochist's treasure.  

Maybe I just don't get this show.  That's probably it.  Other people seem to like it.  I guess it's not that it's a bad show, it's just not my type of TV.  

• Love 1