Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E01: One Size Does Not Fit All

Drogo
  • Start Topic

11 minutes ago, lovesnark said:

Wasn't thrilled when they showed us the guest judges for this round. Especially Yolanda Hadid - ugh! I bet every comment she makes will have Gigi or Bella's name squeezed in there somehow.

Maddy the dance moms girl. Really? I mean i guess she's not any less relevant than snooki and j wow. I dislike that PR has become home to all these D list celebrities promoting new projects nobody cares about.

ETA: Zac actually asked before he got all handsy. That's a nice change.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 19

Don't say fat! That's offensive. Here are 12 other adjectives to use instead.. They all, mean fat. Same message received.  The designers are always 'extra'... Just all too precious. All of them. Still entertaining enough though. 

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, HoboClayton said:

Don't say fat! That's offensive. Here are 12 other adjectives to use instead.. They all, mean fat. Same message received.  The designers are always 'extra'... Just all too precious. All of them. Still entertaining enough though. 

I remember Tim commiserating with a designer in the early days and used the term ZAFTIG! The girl was bigger than the other girls, but far from fat and I was surprised that Tim went there! He's usually a lot more diplomatic! ;-)

• Love 4

Hey show, how about you don’t show the previews for next week before this week is over? It was pretty easy to tell who got eliminated.

Like them using different size models, hate the model mirror, don’t like the BTS stuff.

Do NOT like the twins, I’m already tired of their shtick. Do not like ChaCha either, glad to see him gone early.

• Love 9

I was a little surprised at the auf, since kooky usually wins over boring/frumpy/shitty construction at the beginning. Also, kooky designers are usually kept around until at least the first team challenge to drive the other designers nuts. At first, I thought ChaCha got the boot because he made the mistake of calling his model a big girl on the season where they are celebrating all sizes. Now, I think producers sensed the greater drama potential in a designer who was so shady as to lie about a construction error even when she knows the judges will take a close look at the garments. She seemed to be upset during the cheating scolding, so that instinct will probably pay off later. I love me some good Tim Gunn scolding and eyebrows of disapproval. Can't wait.

In addition to Shady's design being a mass of boring gray ugly with horrible appliques, how the hell did she manage to make her outfit so tight when she had the opportunity to take measurements of her model beforehand and had several fittings? She can't even blame an inaccurate measurement card.

I can't remember hating designers before they even get to the workroom before. Pretentious Twins, activate! To quote Tara and Sarah, they were very "tryhardy".

• Love 19
2 hours ago, Swim mom said:

I thought it was going to be sold at JCPenney.

I think they said the winner of the whole season will design capsule collection for JCPenney not a winner of this challenge.

• Love 7

Y'all, the Avon makeup studio and the JCPenney accessory wall. Remember when we joked about PR having the Walmart accessory wall? We're almost there.

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon - this is the SIXTEENTH season of Project Runway. You KNOW that the challenges are almost always for women's clothing, but that didn't occur to you when you applied, during the audition process, or after you were told you were going to be on the show? If you know that you only do menswear then at some point in your PR journey, you should have started learning how to make women's pieces before the show actually started. You shouldn't wait until the first challenge to realize that your menswear specialty is not what you will be asked to do for most of the challenges on this show. And boo hoo that your model wasn't a size double zero.

I applaud any dancer who finds a career after dance, but seriously? Sentell decided to be a designer because an oracle told him he was a designer?

Claire and Shawn sound like they depend on each other a lot during the design/construction process so they might have problems if they are not allowed to help each other. I noticed that both of them were working on one model together so it will be interesting if at some point Tim tells them that they can't collaborate.

Ha, business cleavage! Samantha is making me love her even more!

I had to laugh when ChaCha said he has problems with patterning, sewing, and making things fit and then realized he was talking about everything required in the competition. At least he has some self awareness!

I liked the way that Sentell told ChaCha that he had to use a different word than fat in a firm but non-confrontational way. I love that Ayana's attitude was that the words don't matter to her but that the important thing is that plus sized isn't seen as problem sized.

When ChaCha asked Tim if he should put that pink spangly thing on his design, I could tell that Tim was thinking that the placement of that one thing was not the major decision to be made.

I was cracking up at Amy and Margarita imitating the affected way that the twins speak. INDEED. Hahahaha! Now that they've pointed it out, I can't unhear it. 

Interesting that Tim warned Batani against embellishing a simple gown. Wasn't that all the rage in the previous season?

Kenya's white gown fit her model like a glove. No, it wasn't anything earth shatteringly innovative, but it fit the challenge (ahem, unlike some of the other designs), it was well made, it obviously took a lot of work/technical skill, and it looked good.

Kudzanai's was more of an outfit you'd wear to run errands and go grocery shopping than red carpet. The styling didn't help either. The poor model's hair looked greasy being slicked back like that and the purse was definitely not red carpet.

Ayana's dress was way too simple. It was a plain grey dress (which didn't fit as well as it should have) with some appliques on the front. Heh, since we have the blind runway again, I would totally love it if the designers took turns randomly putting a headscarf on their models so that the judges would keep thinking whoever had the scarf was Ayana's model.

Shawn's look was NOT red carpet. The shape and waistband of the shorts were a cross between jogging/workout shorts and borrowed boyfriend's boxers. The shiny silver just made the shorts look tacky. And they were so unflattering in the back. If that's what she designs for a size zero model, I dread to think what she's going to put on a model who wears a larger size. The top looked like something Britney Spears would have worn in a music video twenty years ago.

Batani's dress was similar to Ayana's - a simple dress with some basic embellishment. Really disappointing because I expected color and personality from Batani based on the previous episode but her dress looked like a really cheap prom dress from the mall. And how did she not have time to tack down all that grandma lace?

Claire's dress was just okay but compared to most of the boring/plain/ugly stuff on the runway, it was in the top half of the pack. I liked the red and orange in the skirt but I hated the unfinished hems on all of those layers which made the whole thing look cheap. It fit the model pretty well which helped a lot.

I was surprised that Brandon managed to pull something out of his ass at the last minute. The top he had on his model on the first day was just awful so anything would have been an improvement. I still didn't like what he sent down the runway but it was better than I thought it would be. The top was not very flattering. It was so shapeless that I don't think it would look good on most people, but it was not very flattering on someone who isn't flat chested. The skirt was super basic and just hung instead of flattering her curves. It managed to make her ass look completely flat. The black and white stripe gave it a sporty look which I didn't like for a red carpet look. I think he just got lucky that he got a model who was professional enough to stomp it out on the runway regardless of what she was wearing. Honestly both his top and skirt looked like he cut out two rectangles of fabric and then wrapped one around her waist as a skirt and then cut a hole in the other for her head.

ChaCha's dress somehow managed to look less tacky on the runway than it did in the workroom. It was still a shapeless ill-fitting iridescent sack with shiny pink scrunchy ruffles, but for some reason it looked slightly better on the runway than it did on the dress form.

I think Amy was so concerned with making her jacket turn into a skirt wow moment that she didn't put enough thought into the top underneath (which was just a black bra). The pants looked like they fit really well.

Sentell's shiny gold dress looked like a Star Trek costume. The slit sleeves, the pointy shoulders, the shiny gold fabric, all so tacky. And what was with the 90s Bjork hair on his model? It looked terrible from the back. You could see how puckered the back seam was and I'm pretty sure the hem was crooked. We almost got through a whole episode without his crooked hats!

Kentaro's look as a little more casual than I would have liked for red carpet, but it still had drama. It flowed beautifully when his model walked so it had some drama. I think if the pants had been a different color, that might have elevated the look to a dressier red carpet look.

Deyonté's dress looked like a dress from Charlotte Russe circa 2000. Everything from the cut to the big floral print screamed late 90s to me. He used the print well and it fit his model well, but it still looked too dated to me. I liked the colors though.

Michael's look was interesting to me. I'm not saying I would necessarily want to wear it, but it was more interesting than the boring basic stuff that Ayana and Batani made this week and despite the shiny faux fur, it was less tacky than what Sentel and ChaCha made. The pinstripe pants were an interesting juxtaposition with the faux fur top.

Aaron's shirt as pants and pants as shirt look turned out better than I thought it would when he was describing it. I think his sewing skills are suspect though because I felt like I saw a lot of flaws when his model was walking on the runway. HATED the weird makeup with the lines around her face.

Samantha's dress was nice. I liked all the details in the skirt and on the bodice but I think a lot of that got lost on the runway because it was all black. I wish it had been a smidge dressier or fancier for the red carpet, but overall I liked it. The other thing I really liked about it was that it didn't look like a dress made for a bigger woman. Too often on this show when the designers are tasked with making clothes for non-size zero models, they fall back on certain things to hide the woman's body or mask their stomachs. This dress, on the other hand, just looked like a dress, rather than an attempt to camouflage a larger body.

Margarita's would have looked better without the shower poufs on the shoulders. I liked that she picked a bold color though. That red looked great on the runway (although I feel I should point out that wearing red on the red carpet is usually not a good idea because it blends into the actual carpet too much). I wasn't crazy about the bra top but the color and the flowing fabric gave it drama.

My bottom three would have been Ayana, Batani, and ChaCha. The first two appear to have no point of view and the third has a childish POV.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Muslim lady - if you want me to believe that "modest" can be fashionable, try something other than skintight long-sleeve tops. I have a feeling her stuff is going to be very one note, There's only so many ways one can do "cover every square inch". I don't know what was so "modern" about it.

The dress reminded me of what Anne Hathaway wore to the Met Ball in 2015. Sort of purposely recalling 1920s chinoiserie.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2015/05/why-anne-hathaway-hoodie-met-gala

I don't think her dress was any great shakes. The thing about her is that she needs to understand that her view of modesty isn't always going to be someone else's. A woman could be modest by wearing a mid length skirt and knee high boots. Not everything has to be hijabs and abayas. Layering is an easy way to achieve modesty in a way that is accessible for women from many cultures. You can be modest wearing pants, a top, a jacket, and a matching hijab. And without the hijab, the same outfit could appeal to a non-Muslim woman.

A number of western designers have started designing and modifying designs for Muslim women.

Dolce and Gabbana

http://www.vogue.com/article/dolce-gabbana-hijab-abaya-collection

Oscar de la Renta

http://www.oscardelarenta.com/ready-to-wear/embroidered-silk-georgette-caftan

Tommy Hilfiger

https://en.vogue.me/archive/legacy/tommy-hilfiger-ramadan-2016-collection-middle-east-exclusive/

Mango

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5750e3bee4b0ed593f13faa0

Edited by HunterHunted
  • Love 11

Yeah, well.  

I just watched PR because, you know, I had to watch the finale of Alone first.  :)

I do NOT need to hear from the models.  boring.  Why in the hell are they bringing that back?

The butter guy who got auffed tonight never should have been on this show. 

JCP and Avon???  Okay.  

LOVE the winner.  That gown was divine.  

Dislike 'the twins'.  

That's all.  

• Love 7

So as the designers get booted, I imagine the models get booted also. So are we going to end up with more and more thinner models? Or are they going to randomly boot the models? (I haven't yet seen who the loser got as a model, but I'm just guessing that more plus-size models will lead to losers than twigs will)

ETA: I see the model that ChaCha called "fat." Give me a break.

Edited by dleighg
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I was cracking up at Amy and Margarita imitating the affected way that the twins speak. INDEED. Hahahaha! Now that they've pointed it out, I can't unhear it. 

that was awesome. Yes, the twins can go, like yesterday.

• Love 8

I miss what this show use to be before it moved to Lifetime.    I did agree with the top three, my three favorite looks.   The twins - yuck, especially the one who looks like Sinead O'Connor.

• Love 8

What made the twins think they were hosts/emcees of this show?  When everyone was walking into the garage welcome party, those two interviewed each person as if they were applying for a red carpet "reporter" for E!  On top of their annoying personalities (or is it singular-personality?), we will be subjected to their annoying "designs" for several weeks.  Some of you already called their so called style out as lacking.  I know they are young and made something for Katy Perry, so I would expect some level of kooky concert costumes.  But if that's all they've got, then please get rid of them sooner than later.  If they are both around for a while, I will be wearing out the mute button on my remote.

I wonder if the cheating that was previewed has something to do with the twins collaborating on a design? 

Batani was a favorite for me when I watched last week.  Now, I feel disappointed.  The color, style and appliques were just so far away from what she projects in her own style.  And do not lie to the judges.  They may have had more respect for you if you owned up to the mistake and told them, "yeah, I had a little hiccup and knew I couldn't send a dress with a hole down the runway.  With time running out, I made a bad call and tacked that on to cover it."  The overall design was still not great, but taking responsibility for your work is better than lying.

As for Chacha...ooh boy.  He should never have been let past the door for auditions.  I know they want to get designers with varying p.o.v., but COME ON!  My Little Pony- Rainbow Brite-Care Bear fabric festooned with unicorn poop and cotton candy accoutrements would have never survived long in this competition.  All I could think of were the designers who got turned down for this season in favor of Chacha. 

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, dleighg said:

Why did Brandon make a waistband on his skirt that looked like the elastic waistband of underwear?

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 8.11.44 AM.png

That was my first thought as well 

How is it even right to have a fashion professor as a contestant? Not that she will automatically win (although she seems to think so). 

Either of the bottom two could have left IMO, but I would have nixed the designer with the grey outfit with the appliqué hiding the hole on the rear. Good on Heidi for ferreting it out. Even if Chachas look was juvenile and shapeless, the other designer not using due consideration to the curves of his model would have been more of a deal breaker for me as that is the point of this season. Fitting all shapes and sizes. Speaking of...where's the very petite model? Their size 2 model still had height and we ppl who are 5' and under are under designed for. Just the same looks as for the taller people scaled down.  

• Love 14

ETA: Batani's was such a massive fail. Besides the sad color, awful fit, and paper doily embellishment, it wasn't her aesthetic at all. Everything we've seen if her portfolio and personal wardrobe was bright, exuberant and printed. So what the hall was that schmatta she made?

So disappointed in Batani.  She was my favorite in the introductory episode.  Also agree that foreshadowing shows her to be the one accused of :cheating" whatever that means in a fashion design context.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, susannot said:

ETA: Batani's was such a massive fail. Besides the sad color, awful fit, and paper doily embellishment, it wasn't her aesthetic at all. Everything we've seen if her portfolio and personal wardrobe was bright, exuberant and printed. So what the hall was that schmatta she made?

She made a form fitting dress that showed her model's "pooch" and then decided to cover it up. Terrible.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, HoboClayton said:

Why can't they just call them "horizontally gifted" and leave it at that?

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, susannot said:

So disappointed in Batani.  She was my favorite in the introductory episode.  Also agree that foreshadowing shows her to be the one accused of :cheating" whatever that means in a fashion design context.

.... And... if the cheating was about her not having submitted her own collection and/or portfolio ?!?!? That's sounds crazy but it makes sense with a lot of the comments I read here, lol !

Edited by Diane Mars
spelling. Again and again...
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

Amy's was actually my favourite design.  The one with the huge black piece that was lifted to reveal that bikini top.  It was so dramatic.  I wanted to yell or something.  Loved it.

Mine, too.  I wonder why it didn't make it toward the top?  Because the colors were all dark, maybe?  That cape dropping down to a skirt was fantastic.  She should have used some kind of bright color or a pattern.

ChaCha aka Unicorn Guy and the lady with the African fabrics were neck and neck for the worst.  I was hoping for a double elimination, honestly.   The African fabrics lady put NOTHING of herself into that dress.  The judges were wondering why she did that big old flap over the front?  It's because she made that dress WAY too tight across the hips and her fabric choice made it worse.  The dress was showing in indentations where the model's legs meet her hips and was clinging across her stomach region.  Those appliques were horrendous.  Her color choices were horrendous.  Lying about that big old hole in the back was stupid.  African fabrics lady had bad taste, bad construction, and showed complete disregard for her model's shape.    ChaCha is very likely a one trick pony.  He didn't care about his model's shape either and has the taste of a 9 yr old girl.  All you'd ever get from him was "kawaii", cutesy Japanese semi-street style.  I suspect that's why he went home before African fabrics lady.  The judges saw from her own outfit that she can probably do better.  From his outfit, you know he can't.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

He learned he would be eating cat food if he didn't change his rotten attitude towards women with actual curves! He offended me so much with his act during the season; making denim sleeves into pants, using a lot of feathers and leather, etc! It was so impractical for the average woman! Who does that? ;-)

I think it's that he has matured.  He was very young when he did Project Runway.  Now he's successful and recently got married.  I'm wondering if Zac Posen or even Heidi design for the plus sized woman in their lines since they're so happy with the theme this season.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

The thing about her is that she needs to understand that her view of modesty isn't always going to be someone else's. A woman could be modest by wearing a mid length skirt a knee high boots. Not everything has to be hijabs and abayas. Layering is an easy way to achieve modesty in a way that is accessible for women from many cultures. You can be modest wearing pants, a top, a jacket, and a matching hijab. And without the hijab, the same outfit could appeal to a non-Muslim woman.

I agree, an ultra thin fabric garment stretched skin-tight across my chest and torso is not really my definition of modesty at all. 

• Love 18

Every time Aaron was in a shot I thought, "What is Erin doing here?".

Kenya is officially my imaginary best friend.

I thought Brandon's outfit would have rocked the Espy awards.

Ta-ta, Chacha. It's true: your girl is out there. I just hope you find her before she adjusts her meds.

• Love 24

I was having a chat with my friend about the word "curvy" as a euphemism for "fat." I think it can be ... inaccurate? LIke, Kim Kardashian is curvy but she's not fat. Kenya, the short bald designer here (whose dress I loved, and I liked her portfolio on Road to the Runway), is curvy AND fat - her her bust-waist-hip proportions are curvy/hourglass shaped. I am curvy and medium-sized (size 8, medium in S/M/L sizes, about 5'9"). To me the word "curvy" is more about shape than size.

I cannot STAND the twins. I hope they're not actually as codependent as they seem, and their pretentious affectations are just that. I chuckled at the other designers mocking them. Those tin foil sleep shorts were hideous - as Nina said, that look was pure C-list celeb with a shitty stylist (or no stylist and bad taste).

I don't know why you'd apply to be on a show that focuses entirely on women's fashion where you have designed solely for men. This is not the show for him.

Batani was a HUGE disappointment. I loved so many of her things in her portfolio - I covet the white strapless dress with print accents - but that dress was ugly and unflattering. I hope she steps it up.

Sentell can't sew. You can tell he's only been designing for two years. I thought he should have been in the bottom for the construction. He won't last long.

I'm glad Chacha was out first - he was annoying, and the Brony thing he had going on was ... not right for this show.

• Love 9
3 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Heh, since we have the blind runway again, I would totally love it if the designers took turns randomly putting a headscarf on their models so that the judges would keep thinking whoever had the scarf was Ayana's model.

I love this idea.  Better yet, they draw for which three put head scarfs on, in addition to Ayana.

1 hour ago, dleighg said:

Me thinks Heidi may be getting a bit old for a boob-baring look like this

Heidi and her boobs.  Many trees have died illustrating those subjects.   I personally loved the irony that once she was no longer a Victoria's Secret model, she started going blatantly bra-less.  Then she started designing women's very expensive underwear.  Which has lead to this summer's Heidi declaration that she loves to go nude,  film at 11 (and other times).

• Love 4
12 hours ago, Straycat80 said:

The twins are annoying AF. I'm glad Unicorn boy got auf'ed, watching him week after week would have given me cavities. Don't lie to Heidi or Nina Batani, they don't suffer fools.

Oh my god.  I guess I need coffee.  I was like Who is Nina Batani?  And I was very seriously Googling this.

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, Qoass said:

Ta-ta, Chacha. It's true: your girl is out there. I just hope you find her before she adjusts her meds.

LOL.  INDEED!!!

We've discussed the J. C. Penney wall and Avon for make-up.  Did anyone notice that Tim said, "You'll have 2 hours to send your models to the Avon make-up room and OUR hair salon"?  They apparently couldn't find any companies who wanted their hair products associated with PR.

• Love 12
59 minutes ago, Qoass said:

Back in the day, our local J.C. Penney had a hair salon...

I've actually had my hair done in the JC Penney salon.  In my defense, my stylist decided that owning her own salon became too expensive and she went to Penny's thus allowing them to foot the overhead.  She didn't stay long.

I agree with the poster upthread who said Heidi looks good with darker hair. 

eta:  I think eurekagirl mOo and I may have sat next to each other at the dryers!

Edited by SuburbanHangSuite
  • Love 2
12 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

TwinShawn is a total B. Her looks are so 90s club kid and they have nowhere to go. You can't elevate that shit.

I loved that the dress she was sneering at earlier won. Proves she has no taste.

I want to rip their nose rings out. I can't explain it. I just do. 

Because they are stupid? You're a person not a bull. 

10 hours ago, patty1h said:

Brandon's outfit... Ugh.  My head exploded when I heard that several judges liked it and Olivia Munn would wear it. I want some of the glue they've been sniffing if it made that outfit look good to them.  I thought it was a new level of tacky.

Agreed!!! Many times over. I rolled my eyes so hard when I heard JC Penny!!! Like , really? Next year it WILL be the Walmart wall!

Ok I did think the contestants were better than they have been. (And that's not saying a lot) Most of the dresses were interesting and most hit it out of the park. I sure couldn't design, shop, and make a dress in one day and I've sewn since 91. 

49 minutes ago, Qoass said:

Oh mine to. Back in the day I used to get my hair done there. Thank Heaven I've moved up in taste. (I think anyway)

13 hours ago, guilfoyleatpp said:

TwinShawn is a total B. Her looks are so 90s club kid and they have nowhere to go. You can't elevate that shit.

I loved that the dress she was sneering at earlier won. Proves she has no taste.

I want to rip their nose rings out. I can't explain it. I just do. 

Because they are stupid? You're a person not a bull. 

10 hours ago, patty1h said:

Brandon's outfit... Ugh.  My head exploded when I heard that several judges liked it and Olivia Munn would wear it. I want some of the glue they've been sniffing if it made that outfit look good to them.  I thought it was a new level of tacky.

Agreed!!! Many times over. I rolled my eyes so hard when I heard JC Penny!!! Like , really? Next year it WILL be the Walmart wall!

Ok I did think the contestants were better than they have been. (And that's not saying a lot) Most of the dresses were interesting and most hit it out of the park. I sure couldn't design, shop, and make a dress in one day and I've sewn since 91. 

55 minutes ago, Qoass said:

Oh mine to. Back in the day I used to get my hair done there. Thank Heaven I've moved up in taste. (I think anyway)

• Love 1

As annoying as the twins are, I'd have replaced Shawn's in the bottom with that gold monstrosity in a heartbeat.  At least her top was interesting and well constructed. 

I loved Deyante's and at first was worried that his design would be too simple with the pattern doing all the work, but when I saw the layering/detailing in the skirt, I loved it. 

I didn't hate Brandon's outfit, but would have traded it for one or two designs that were simply safe. 

The sponsor of shoes and accessories from the last season or two were so gaudy that I don't think JC Penny is a step down.  Maybe a lateral move at worst.  Anyway, I like some of the clothes and shoes you can get there *shrug*

• Love 12
9 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

I didn't hate Brandon's outfit, but would have traded it for one or two designs that were simply safe. 

I have a feeling the judges were told to make sure the full-figured models get a couple extra points in judging so that we don't just see the twigs in the top. Grading on a curve, no pun intended :)

• Love 6

I skimmed some of the first comments here before watching and legit thought that the "JC Penney Accessory Wall" was a joke.  Guess that joke was on me!

Also color me shocked they auf'd Chacha first; I worried he might be Sandhya 2.0 and stick around for far longer than needed.

As for the twins, ditto to their annoying factor.  The one with the hair needs to stop pulling it back so hard because her hairline is oddly jagged and the tight pony is only going to stress that hair out more.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, terrymct said:

The African fabrics lady put NOTHING of herself into that dress.  The judges were wondering why she did that big old flap over the front?  It's because she made that dress WAY too tight across the hips and her fabric choice made it worse.  The dress was showing in indentations where the model's legs meet her hips and was clinging across her stomach region.

Yes! Larger women can wear fitted if they want, but you do not need to know the exact point where my belly and thigh meet, which you could completely see on hers. Personally I would have spent the entire time pulling the fabric away from my body because it was so clingy.

I feel bad for ChaCha.  They saw his looks during casting. They knew what he was capable of. It feels like he was cannon fodder from the beginning, which I don't like because personality wise I liked him. I liked his exuberance and while I think his clothes are weird, I think he does have a voice and shaved head twin was right - out there there IS someone who would like his stuff.  

I do agree that if bottom twin had paired that top with a long white skirt (and in my mind with slits up the side to mid thigh) then it would have changed the outfit entirely. Those shorts were tacky as hell. 

Usually in the real women challenges the designers with the larger models are the ones who get aufed.  I was pleasantly surprised that a designer with a larger model won. I also like that the larger models are MODELS and not real women. I'm sure they've dealt with the prejudice in their work, but it is their work. I have always hated the feeling I've gotten during the real women challenge when women who were usually already fairly self conscious were made to feel like elephants by the designers. 

• Love 18

I'm wondering if Zac Posen or even Heidi design for the plus sized woman in their lines since they're so happy with the theme this season

IIRC I have seen larger women wearing Posen at events. He's dressed Lena Dunham (but I think they went to school together so maybe it was a favor?)

Just googled - he has a well-received plus-size line for his bridal wear. 

• Love 5

Forgot to say--To all the Real Housewives of BH watchers, NOT YOLANDA!!! That woman is vile, a fake, and a phony. Thought I'd seen the last of her. Her only "claim to fame" is marrying rich men and having Bella Hadid as her daughter. Is she going to wear her white jeans on the show? Or maybe it will be a "sick" day and she'll wear her bathrobe so we can all see her SUFFER! Sorry--Off topic---I just really dislike her and her being a judge just makes me stabby. 

• Love 16
6 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Y'all, the Avon makeup studio and the JCPenney accessory wall. Remember when we joked about PR having the Walmart accessory wall? We're almost there.

Brandon, Brandon, Brandon - this is the SIXTEENTH season of Project Runway. You KNOW that the challenges are almost always for women's clothing, but that didn't occur to you when you applied, during the audition process, or after you were told you were going to be on the show? [...] And boo hoo that your model wasn't a size double zero.

See, I don't think Brandon was necessarily worried about her being curvy for the same reason most designers are. It's not that he was hoping for a stick-thin model, but a model that looked closer to the men he's used to working with. Curves are a real curve ball for the poor guy. :) "Shit, boobs! What do I do with them?" At least he was smart enough not to just cover her in a muumuu.

• Love 19
12 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

Then again, someone made a gold version of it with thin sleeves, tiny shoulder spikes, and a longer skirt so....

I have gasped in delight and horror at some of the fashions but never, EVER, has my first reaction been to laugh my ass off! That thing was, I can't even, it belonged on an episode of Star Trek.

I loved Heidi's red top and blue jean outfit when she came off the bus. Those shoes? How does anybody walk in those kinds of heels? Its simply beyond my capabilities and I'm in awe.

I think we're in for a fun season this time around.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, joanne3482 said:

I do agree that if bottom twin had paired that top with a long white skirt (and in my mind with slits up the side to mid thigh) then it would have changed the outfit entirely. Those shorts were tacky as hell. 

The twins would have categorized them as "edgy" . . . not tacky.  But I agree with you, not them.

• Love 1

so many thoughts when watching this...

the twins need to go. and soon. I cracked up with the imitations but now I'm going to notice there affectations even more. indeed. I was surprised that the bottom twin was in the bottom - I was happy that she was there as the shorts were horrendous and I can't stand the twins so I won't them broken up sooner than later - but I thought that gold alien number should have been ranked below it. her top was interesting and if she had done a nice fitted shorts/skirt I think it would have been ranked near the top. 

that gold alien one - the seam on the back was horrendously puckered! and the styling and everything WTF? 

Cha-cha - I'm actually sad that he was the first cannon fodder. Please note that I didn't think he should have been selected in the first place. But he is such a sweetheart that I kinda wanted him to get one more episode - I think he could have made a really interesting unconventional challenge look.  but then he would need to be auf-ed because enough is enough. 

Was pleased with the top looks and am looking forward to seeing what else they make. I do think Brandon won't last long and I do think his got bonus points for having the largest (I think) model but I actually did like how the top worked on her. 

I love having the plus-size women on there but I wish they all had to deal with the same size at the same time. The size could change each episode but know that would be much harder to handle the logistics of and there would have to be new models every episode but then all designers are facing the exact same challenge. Or maybe do two weeks of size 8 and then two weeks of size 12 then 4, then 18 or something like that. I wonder how they will handle the final runway if they each will need to have models of varying sizes. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, CoyoteBlue said:

African Print Lady - Flat grey with butt-ugly raggedy flopping grandma-looking appliques running down her butt crack to hide the GAPING HOLE in the back. Good lord. Thanks so much for the closeup of the giant hole, camera guy. You almost gave the girl a colonoscopy. I had high hopes for her, but maybe the fabrics *were* doing all the work for her.

I liked her clothes during the introduction episode but thought at the time that there's no way I (picture Rose Nyland) and other Caucasian women could wear them without perhaps feeling like we were appropriating another culture. I wouldn't wear sari fabrics, either. So then she didn't use African-inspired prints this time (I wonder if Mood's selection is limited?) and had one of the worst construction fails I've ever seen. I'll miss your beautiful face and smile, Batani, but I hold out no hope that you'll last.

Edited by 2727
  • Love 6