Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E08: Super Smashed Game Night

• Start Topic

I think Farelle was a pretty good player.  But overall, the teams were nicely even.  I didn't find Iliza annoying.  In fact, I would love to see how she does on a show like Pyramid because I thought she was terrific here.  I was a little worried about Pamela when he chose her at the end but she and Iliza complemented each other nicely in that final round. 

I am also surprised that the guy won.

• Love 2

Pretty good teams! Pleasantly surprised. I don't remember seeing "Who Are You Wearing" before - is it new? It was pretty good - seemed like a hard one to do. Was it me or did "Scary Poppins" go on and on forever? Seemed like that took up way too much time and then "Off The Top Of My Head" was split between commercial breaks - only four games total. Weirdly paced episode. 

Out of all the stuff they've done in the back yard, I think I enjoy "Smash The Buzzer" in the ball pit the most. But "Off The Top Of My Head" is probably my favorite game of all time.

Bonus round was down to the wire so that was pretty exciting. Right on the buzzer - wow.

52 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I don't remember seeing "Who Are You Wearing" before - is it new?

I don't know if I've seen it done quite like this but it's a slight variation of a game they have played where they hold the cubes instead of wearing them.

• Love 1

I came here to say I was very, very surprised the civilian won.  He umm'd and paused a lot before answering. 

I thought Taylor did pretty well with the songs.  I was a bit surprised there too.  Also that the only role they talked about with him was his Superman one.

1 hour ago, Irlandesa said:

I don't know if I've seen it done quite like this but it's a slight variation of a game they have played where they hold the cubes instead of wearing them.

I'm not sure which one I prefer. It was tougher here because they couldn't really see their own photos. That forces others to help them.

19 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

I thought Taylor did pretty well with the songs.  I was a bit surprised there too.  Also that the only role they talked about with him was his Superman one.

I've heard of his name before, unless I'm confusing him with someone else, but his face isn't familiar.

I also didn't know Iliza Shlesinger, but she was sharp. Very good player. I thought Taylor was good as well. Actually, everyone did well. However, Mark didn't come across to me like a great game player. Maybe he was just nervous.

I don't like Smash the Buzzer. Never have in any format.

I really like Off the Top of My Head, but I don't remember teams having those problems before, like forgetting to turn around (mostly Mark) or who should give clues.

Is the song pronounced Lady MarmaLAHD rather than MarmaLAID?

I love Pamela Adlon's show Better Things. I love her too. Another voice she has done is Pajama Sam of a computer game my son had years ago. 

Just now, peeayebee said:

I've heard of his name before, unless I'm confusing him with someone else, but his face isn't familiar.

I also didn't know Iliza Shlesinger, but she was sharp. Very good player. I thought Taylor was good as well. Actually, everyone did well. However, Mark didn't come across to me like a great game player. Maybe he was just nervous.

He played a werewolf on Teen Wolf. 

I also never heard of Iliza but thought she did well.

4 hours ago, peeayebee said:

Is the song pronounced Lady MarmaLAHD rather than MarmaLAID?

Both likely work.  MarmalAID is the more common pronunciation but since they're singing about a Creole woman in New Orleans, some Frenchify* it with AHD. (*But no, it's not originally French).

5 hours ago, Whimsy said:

I came here to say I was very, very surprised the civilian won.  He umm'd and paused a lot before answering. 

It makes sense with Taylor. Seeing as all of this is late summer early fall last year, he had just been cast and ready to devour as superman. It was big entertainment news then. Teen Wolf not so much.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Bonus round was down to the wire so that was pretty exciting. Right on the buzzer - wow.

Both the last round and the bonus round were down to the wire.  I slo-moed it and Farrelle had just opened her mouth to say "premiere" when time ran out.

12 hours ago, Whimsy said:

Mr Hoechlin was one of the main characters (Derek) on the first four seasons of Teen Wolf, and was one of the Two Tylers (with Mr Posey).

• Love 1
On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 2:03 PM, peeayebee said:

I don't like Smash the Buzzer. Never have in any format

Agreed.

5 hours ago, sanford said:

I don't think anyone sang with the band. It gets points just for that.

No but we did get a dog, which reminded me of when Ne-Yo sang with a bunch of kittens. And someone in editing needs to be fired for continuity error with the dog. I thought everyone played really well. I like Scary Poppins so didn't mind the double long rounds of that. If it spared us from a game of Jane singing, more long Scary Poppins please.