Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E25: Special Friday Night

• Start Topic

Cody and Mark are not the same person.  Cody can handle psychological warfare.  Mark cannot.  That was so sad to watch.

I may like Paul still but I do not like watching teddy bear Mark sadly eating corn flakes.

• Love 4

I thought the segment on Ramses and his crushes was kind of cute. Matt and Mark seemed so cool with it. 

One thing I hate about this season is the herd mentality to just start harassing the odd people (now, person) out. The way they were all screaming at Mark while he was eating his cereal....come on. You outnumber him 8-1. You've been treating him as an outsider since the week Jess was HoH, and now you're berating him for trying to make some moves for himself? 

• Love 12

Thank goodness I taped this so I could FF through when I realized it was a 'memory lane' show, ugh!  Boy, Paul was SCARED when he thought Derrick was in the house and just about climbing up his leg thrilled when he realized Derrick coming back in was a joke!  He reminded me of a wired little Chihuahua!  I cant find a single person to root for in this cast, so I'm voting for Mark to win HOH and maybe eject one of them before he's kicked out.  What a season.

• Love 6

Holy Hell.  That's the game changing episode we just had to see?  Do they usually pull this bullshit at the end of the season when there's nothing going on in the house?

Why did I have to sit through Jess and Cody again?  Their "love" story ain't that great and between the show and the flashback to previous shows at the top of all those shows I've had quite my fill of them.

Cody is right about one thing.  These people are lunatics.  Watching that one scene was like a visit to an insane asylum in the the movies.  People in tutus twirling about, a man child banging on pots and pans like a 5 year old, a tatted up bodybuilder taking it from above, crowing about how she loves it and cackling like chicken laying a 3X egg?  Yeah, that totally mature and normal.  These people should be embarrassed to hell when they see themselves, but I'm sure more  cackling will ensue.  

The Mark/Elena was just sad.  If she's not into him, she just needs to straight up say so.  But I also got a slightly creeper vibe from Mark.  He's like That Guy, who thinks after a couple of good dates you're on the road to falling in love and you totes hang out together all the time.   The "she asked for space and I didn't give it her" line was really Lifetime movie-ish.  

Ramses wants Paul's tats and beard?  Yeah, um you're a cosplayer Ramses so let me put this in terms you understand.  I'd rather a do Klingon than Paul.

Why did we get that bit from Christmas about ho's going to start coming on strong and showing them?  Bitch, you can't play in 80% of the comps.  Sit your boot down.

• Love 12

At least Christmas saying she wants to win HoH to shake up the house "and they'll never see it coming" could be a good development. We all know she has a lot of bitchiness she's been holding inside and I think it's about to come out...

But yeah I HATE these clip shows with the fakety fake 'setup' lines that drive me batty.

Praise be that there are dvrs with ff and skip buttons though.

So Alex is a second-rate James imitator as well? Just when I thought I disliked her as much as possible...

• Love 6

Mark's response should have been this:

"Paul, are you trying to win this game?  So am I.  The way to win the game is to plan to vote people out.  So, yes- I have conversations about you with others. I'm trying to vote you out.  You're trying to vote me out.  Go talk to the others about how I'm such a liar while I sit here and eat my corn flakes.  In the meantime, you've got plans to make while you turn your followers against each other so I'll leave you to it."

Done 

• Love 13

What I learned is that Jessica doesn't know how to leave someone alone when they say get away for now; Mark is way more into Elena than she is into him (I mean, she turned away from his kiss); Derrick CAN NOT read a room because THESE particular jackals have no desire to coo about The Great American Love Story of Jessica and Cody and Alex is way more annoying than I previously thought. 

Also, how are Jason and she not a showmance?  You don't have to be macking under the covers to be considered a twosome to be broken up.

• Love 3

Oh Mark! I hope you become a hot commodity when you get out of the house because honestly, Elena totally lead you on.  True, you probably didn't give her space while she was in the house, but she should have been giving much clearer signals ( cause you can't read a room at all!). But you are way too sensitive & you are going to continue to get your heart broken.  Meanwhile, the rest of the house guests are a bunch of bullies.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Mumbles said:

I thought the segment on Ramses and his crushes was kind of cute. Matt and Mark seemed so cool with it. 

One thing I hate about this season is the herd mentality to just start harassing the odd people (now, person) out. The way they were all screaming at Mark while he was eating his cereal....come on. You outnumber him 8-1. You've been treating him as an outsider since the week Jess was HoH, and now you're berating him for trying to make some moves for himself? 

Concur.

3 hours ago, TOL said:

"Paul, are you trying to win this game?  So am I.  The way to win the game is to plan to vote people out.  So, yes- I have conversations about you with others. I'm trying to vote you out.  You're trying to vote me out.  Go talk to the others about how I'm such a liar while I sit here and eat my corn flakes.  In the meantime, you've got plans to make while you turn your followers against each other so I'll leave you to it."

Done 

I was screaming almost the same thing.  He could have gone the route of asking Paul who is final 2 is and then tell the house if they are not the final 2 they are in line to go home.  Then tell whoever is final 2 that Paul can and will use the idea that even though you are F2 he ran your game too.  What does he have to lose?

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Mierin said:

That was a long, boring and pointless episode.

But, gee, it was so natural and realistic, not like it was scripted or anything. /s  @@

And who GAF about Derrick, anyway? Was Jesse too busy this time around?

• Love 4

Good Lord, you'd think Paul was interrogating Mark about illegal activity the way he badgered Mark. 

Pig-nosed Derrick. Not my favorite vet. The only one willing to appear?

I vote every time you shout in the DR you get a punishment. 

• Love 9
36 minutes ago, MrHufflepuff said:

OMG, I just had a horrible thought.  In a few years, Paul will be the one returning to host the clip show.

And with that note...I never thought I would come to regard Jessie Godderz with affection!  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, TOL said:

Done 

Amen.  Just say, I'm playing the game, unlike the rest of you.  

Isn't Paul the only one that hasn't been put on the eviction block?  I can't remember if Kevin was or not.

Kevin and Paul have not been put on the block.

• Love 1

This is only my 2nd season so I started with Paul. Hated him at first, then I grew used to him, then he made me smile. Now I give him credit. Dude is playing this game and if the sheeple (love that) want to follow that's on them. He's not forcing them too. 

Hated Cody & Jess and SO glad they are gone. Miserable people. Go ahead of marry the chick you've known for 2 minutes idiot. It'll be a 2 min. marriage.

SOOO I'm watching the old ones backwards so I'm in the Johnnie Mack season right now. He's another one I really disliked, then I cringed whenever he was on, then I got used to him, then he made me smile. Kinda like Paul. LOL

Now season 16 has been spoiled for me (Derrick won) (in case u didn't know either) what are the BEST seasons? It kills me there's no season 17 message board to at least see what people said then. Le Sigh

Could the HG's see the clips as they played?  I really hope Mark didn't have to watch himself be continually rejected & dismissed by Elena. 

Without Jodica, I can now hate Paul with abandon and not be conflicted with any feelings of "but he's not as bad as...."

The rest of my weekend will be spent in sackcloth and ashes as I fast and pray that somehow, someone in the house looks away from Paul's mezmerizing swirly eyes, snaps out of it, and has an epiphany about Paul leading them all to their destruction unless they band together & kick him out.  :: fasts and prays::  ::stomach growls::  ::prays and eats Funyuns::

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I'm a newbie... is there ever wine or beer stored in that store room? 

Sometimes, when the stars align, a little alcohol fairy comes to bless the HGs with a booze delivery that is left in the storage room. But they come very few and far between. Older seasons were practically soaked in alcohol but the last few have been really dry. Or maybe that was just me drinking during older seasons. 

Whoever wins HoH usually gets their choice of beer or wine in their HoH fridge (and it's up to them whether they want to share it or not), and there are some cases when they get booze: when they first come in the house, there will be champagne. At the halfway party (which is never shown) they get a few drinks and sometimes rewards like the Outback Steakhouse thing we just saw will come with a beer or two. And towards the end at final 4 or 3, there's a sit down meal with champagne again as they force another clip show on us. 

Other than that, it's at the discretion of the Diary Room and production. The trick is to send one person in to ask once and then never bring it up again. Lather, rinse, and repeat four days later. Much like begging your mom for a chocolate bar at the checkout when you were five, the more you whine, the less likely it's going to happen. And when they do get a delivery, it'll be something like a bottle of red wine, a bottle of white wine, and six beer to be split between eleven people. So the little they get doesn't go very far.

• Love 2

I feel like we discuss this every year that there is one big alliance but again: what does everyone think is going to happen once Mark goes? The way Paul was interrogating him and calling him a liar while Josh and Christmas smirked and chimed in...do they think there is more than one winner at the end?  I feel like the last several seasons have been like this and I don't get it?

• Love 1
3 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

Hated Cody & Jess and SO glad they are gone. Miserable people. Go ahead of marry the chick you've known for 2 minutes idiot. It'll be a 2 min. marriage.

I thought that was the oddest question from Julie. It sounded like something a child would ask someone. 

It's especially interesting to me because like Jessica trying to force Cody to say he was in love with her,  I had the impression that he enjoyed her in the house, but wasn't interested in anything else.  There was another scene a while back in which Jessica was trying to talk about their relationship post show and he looked way disinterested.  Maybe he wants to marry her because he feels guilty for fucking up her game.

2 hours ago, GeorgiaRai said:

Could the HG's see the clips as they played?  I really hope Mark didn't have to watch himself be continually rejected & dismissed by Elena. 

Almost certainly not; that would be supplying additional information/verification to any HG not in the clip conversation.

46 minutes ago, icemiser69 said:

Unless I am missing something, I don't know why anyone thinks that Mark is the next one to go.  There still is a showmance in the house that needs to be broken up, and there are other targets as well.  Yes, Mark is a big target, but he isn't the only target.  

But Mark is the only target to Paul - and in this House of lemmings, that's all it takes.

3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Thanks for info on alcohol @Callaphera.  So glad no one smokes either. 

Designated Smoking Area is the outside couches.  :)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

Thanks for info on alcohol @Callaphera.  So glad no one smokes either. 

Not this season. The last smoker was (I think) Jason Roy in BB17 and again in BB:OTT.

I actually like smokers on Big Brother. When there's more than one, they usually form as a group on the outside couches and bitch and whine about everything, even when they're not in the same alliance. Which leads to some hilarious fights. And you get the added benefit of laughing at them when they're on indoor lockdown (the backyard gets locked down often for comp set ups) and can't sneak out for a puff so they're stuck slapping a nicotine patch on. Some non-smoking HGs have, in the past, brought cigarettes with them to barter like they would in prisons - only for safety and alliances rather than a bag of Cheesy Poofs or a toothbrush shank.

Wow, BB could be much improved with toothbrush shanks. 

• Love 9

Can't stand Derrick but BB you are heartless for not leaving Derrick in the house to stir things up.  You must really despise BB fans.  

Jason is a weak puppet. 

Lets just end this torture, call it a day, and give Paul the money. 

Chrismas: Don't say you will you will shake things up if you get HOH.  It's embarrassing.  We all know you are Paul's puppet.  So stop teasing us.  It's cruel.  

Edited by LGGirl
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I was hoping that overpriced trash can would be on in this episode just to get it over with.  I hate Zingbot with a passion.

LMAO this times 100,000!  Overpriced trash can, that is classic.  I thought I was the only one that hated his ass.

• Love 4

Do these people realize that Paul is just another player in the game?   

If anyone talks against him, he demands to know about it.  And he gives himself the authority to cross-examine others about their motives, their game plan, their conversations with each other.   And somehow, they feel compelled to answer to him.  

Paul has chosen some of the least intelligent people - Josh, Raven, Jason, Kevin, Matt - to do his bidding, and they seem mesmerized by him, like one of the "cool kids"  in high school is hanging around with them, and they fall all over themselves to please him.   

I hate it.  I hate Paul, I hate everyone who's left except Mark. 

I have only watched a few seasons of the show, but if this were my first time, I'd never watch again.   every episode causes a feeling of sadness to come over me.  Watching a group of people gang up on one person, just to make them feel shitty, is not what the game is supposed to be about.   In past seasons there was strategy, subterfuge, sometimes two sides playing against each other.  But there wasn't this bashing of the one person they decide they want out, , yelling, attacking, calling them liars.  Everyone there LIES to each other - that's the game.   But when they zero in on one person, the verbal attacks are just too much.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 11
16 hours ago, eurekagirl mOo said:

It kills me there's no season 17 message board to at least see what people said then. Le Sigh

Had you looked here?  ;)

17 hours ago, icemiser69 said:

I was hoping that overpriced trash can would be on in this episode just to get it over with.  I hate Zingbot with a passion.

Personally, I like Zingbot - but I LOVE this.  :D

7 hours ago, backformore said:

I have only watched a few seasons of the show, but if this were my first time, I'd never watch again.   every episode causes a feeling of sadness to come over me.  Watching a group of people gang up on one person, just to make them feel shitty, is not what the game is supposed to be about.   In past seasons there was strategy, subterfuge, sometimes two sides playing against each other.  But there wasn't this bashing of the one person they decide they want out, , yelling, attacking, calling them liars.  Everyone there LIES to each other - that's the game.   But when they zero in on one person, the verbal attacks are just too much.

I'm of the same mind.  We expect lies and back-stabbing - it's what the game is about.  But what we're getting here is not entertaining. And it doesn't look like it's editing either judging by the smirks ... the target is attacked from all sides and it's no fun to watch.   

If cameras were on me 24/7 I hope I'd be a bit more self aware and not lose myself for money.

• Love 7

Kind of interesting/good:  anyone slurping up a dozen bowls of cereal every day.  Matt, all that processed sugar and empty carbs are going to come for you one day!

Kind of interesting/bad:  Alex and her signature "pranks."  Is her whole repertoire 1) jumping out to scream "HAAAAA!" and 2) slugging people?  That's not even creative enough to classify as practical jokes.

When she's gone, I'd think the remaining people would be so relieved to have that nonsense finished--even when the others are amused, no one's cackling nearly as hard as Alex.  

• Love 2

How did Jess not know what a hymen is? I laughed out loud like Elena in that clip. Seriously?

Is no one but Paul supposed to have strategic conversations? That made me mad.  Mark was right, no matter what he said to paul, it would be wrong. 

Matt is so boring all they had was they cereal story. Ha. I hate how he is always sticking bis tongue out. Weird.