Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E15: Reunion

• Start Topic

Is it just me or did Wes get a little fat since the charter season and the reunion?  Maybe being in love with Malia made him chubby and happy.

I was really eager for the reunion but so let down at how lame and fluffy it was.  Andy did ask Fugs the one pointed question (from a viewer) about her awful behavior, but she didn't really answer it and of course he let it go.  I hope I never have to see her fugly face or fugly personality again.  She ìs a dreadful, awful person.

Edited by PumpkinPK
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, PumpkinPK said:

Is it just me or did Wes get a little fat since the charter season and the reunion?  Maybe being in love with Malia made him chubby and happy.

I was really eager for the reunion but so let down at how lame and fluffy it was.  Andy did ask Fugs the one pointed question (from a viewer) about her awful behavior, but she didn't really answer it and of course he let it go.  I hope I never have to see her fugly face or fugly personality again.  She ìs a dreadful, awful person.

It is not just you. I think he looked terrible. There is something about his personality that is grating to me. Don't go on a reality show if you want privacy and just answer the fucking question if you are in a relationship. sheesh.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, rho said:

I know they need to recertify every time they are promoted to a higher position (i.e. bosun -->> first officer) or graduate to a bigger boat. The BDM yacht is massive. It wouldn't surprise me that neither of them worked on a boat of that size. 

Reunions are boring as shit so I don't usually tune in but I gave it a chance. Bobby was yelling like a banshee right out the gate so I turned it off about 5 minutes in.

My only thought is WTF was going on with Hanna's outfit? Her necklace kept getting tangled in the weird ass crossbar over her boobs. I might forgive the whole thing if someone just thought to cinch that fucker up a notch. It looked so amateur. Everyone else was meh except Capt Sandy. She killed it and I adore her!

I actually liked Hannah's necklace.  Her dress was ok.

Lauren looked like she was channeling 1970s Cher in that hideous dress and awful eyeshadow job.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

It is not just you. I think he looked terrible. There is something about his personality that is grating to me. Don't go on a reality show if you want privacy and just answer the fucking question if you are in a relationship. sheesh.

I know Bobby's not too popular. When he told Wes that promoting Malia was the most unprofessional thing he ever saw, he was right. Captain YAAWWNN was oblivious to all of the bullshit going down on the boat.

• Love 3

Too much time spent on the whole WWHL appearance with Hannah/Bobby/Lauren - it wasn't part of the show - it shouldn't be discussed.  I wanted to see Andy go in on the Ipad stalking and how Bugs seemed to be obsessed with observing everyone on the security cameras.  And, also how much of a drunken asshole Adam was during the altercation with Wes.

I feel like because they could not say on the show that this New York meet-up was at a WWHL taping, that the audience was totally misled on the entire situation.

So the way it was explained when the show aired, Bobby and Lauren met in New York.  Hannah was there also and warned Lauren about Bobby, thus ruining his chances with her.  Then coincidentally but separately, Lauren was cast on the show.

When you add in the context that they were all in NY for a WWHL taping, the entire thing is completely different.  Bobby brought a bunch of chicks with him to be like his entourage, Lauren thought she was there to be his date, and Hannah was like you shouldn't tolerate that (I agree!).  At an after party, Bobby was talking to other girls and not so much Lauren, so she got frustrated with this and left with Ben, who was also there.  Then the producers pick up on this dynamic and cast Lauren.  Hmm.   Totally a different story!!!   

I know editing leads the viewer around, often misdirects, and they portray what they want, but the exposition of this on the show was completely a false narrative.

• Love 5
On 8/15/2017 at 8:10 PM, VagueDisclaimer said:

What part of Hannah citing the things she regretted is her not owning her mistakes? She has over and over, since it became a thing on the show.

I get the impression people want Hannah to call herself a big mess that had sex with Jason or say nothing at all. 

Not clear that she acknowledged her actions.  She clearly lied to the captain about the situation with Jason and doubled down on that lie on the reunion.  I am surely biased because there is something about her that grates on me.  It may originate with her pronunciation of "saloooooon" in her first season.   Not sure I was able to get over that!!  I also dislike her overuse of "honey", particularly with her subordinates...it is irritating as hell and if my boss continually referred to me as "honey" I would have to tell him or her to take several seats.  I ain't your honey, honey.

• Love 4

In the Department of Shallow Observations, Below Deck Med Division, all I can say is that Hannah's got one spectacular bridge on her. I will be forever jealous of Malia for getting to snuggle that wheelhouse.

• Love 3

Of all these clowns, Captain Sandy's top choice to hire would be Wes who manipulated the schedule so he could spend time with his crush/subordinate, promoted her, and was in charge of a deck crew that tangled the anchor to the point that it impacted the guest's activities requiring alternate departure plans to be made. I get that there are limited options, but that was a ridiculous answer.
Note to Lauren: people pleasing does not mean changing your tune based on your audience.

• Love 6

Hey, did they ever ask Sandy what she thought of the Malia promotion after making out on watch with Wes? I missed a little of the show.

22 hours ago, PumpkinPK said:

I think maybe it was just the camera angle. If you looked a Lauren she looked very thick in the waist & we all know she is very petit.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

Sandy agreed that Malia was the correct choice because Malia would come up to the bridge and ask questions. 

It was why Bobby didn't have a leg to stand on kvetchin' about the situation! He's a lazy goober who expects good things to just come to him rather than working for it! ;-(

21 hours ago, FamilyVan said:

I feel like because they could not say on the show that this New York meet-up was at a WWHL taping, that the audience was totally misled on the entire situation.

So the way it was explained when the show aired, Bobby and Lauren met in New York.  Hannah was there also and warned Lauren about Bobby, thus ruining his chances with her.  Then coincidentally but separately, Lauren was cast on the show.

When you add in the context that they were all in NY for a WWHL taping, the entire thing is completely different.  Bobby brought a bunch of chicks with him to be like his entourage, Lauren thought she was there to be his date, and Hannah was like you shouldn't tolerate that (I agree!).  At an after party, Bobby was talking to other girls and not so much Lauren, so she got frustrated with this and left with Ben, who was also there.  Then the producers pick up on this dynamic and cast Lauren.  Hmm.   Totally a different story!!!   

I know editing leads the viewer around, often misdirects, and they portray what they want, but the exposition of this on the show was completely a false narrative.

I don't think that the editing was misleading. I've always known the situation to be essentially as you described it excluding the producer casting Lauren and Bobby ignoring Lauren at the 2nd event.

Hannah has always maintained that she told Lauren that she, Hannah, would be embarrassed and pissed if Bobby brought 2 other women along. Lauren is the one who has endlessly confused the narrative. Perhaps a consequence of her being a people pleaser and messy as hell.

• Love 1

Unimpressed with the reunion. Hannah should have been held to the coals more on what she did. She kept deflecting that it was all Bugs' fault for parading the iPad around, but I continue to make the case that if Bugs doesn't find the iPad, and it's left for the next charter to discover, then Hannah is in even BIGGER trouble. And she lied by omission to Capt Sandy and still hasn't apologized for her actions. 

Adam never really apologized to the crew, either. The "Sprite" thing is a dumb excuse. Those were the nicest guests of the season and their requests were minimal. 

Lauren came off the worst (ok, Bobby did). She's not a "people pleaser". That would mean going out of your way to help others. She's just an immature girl who's used to being in cool cliques, which basically means talking bad about people behind their backs, agreeing with whoever happens to be in the room, and not having the confidence to tell the truth and speak your mind. Her actions made the situations worse, not better. She deflects everything and has no backbone. 

• Love 4
On 8/16/2017 at 9:40 PM, lilmarysunshine said:

This was not cute at all. You aren't Brad and Angelina or British royalty trying to keep a relationship from getting torn apart by a tabloid. You're on a basic cable show and your relationship started on tv. No one cares that much. Just be honest. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, Stan39 said:

Unimpressed with the reunion. Hannah should have been held to the coals more on what she did. She kept deflecting that it was all Bugs' fault for parading the iPad around, but I continue to make the case that if Bugs doesn't find the iPad, and it's left for the next charter to discover, then Hannah is in even BIGGER trouble. And she lied by omission to Capt Sandy and still hasn't apologized for her actions. 

How is Hannah in even bigger trouble if the next charter discovers the iPad? Are you suggesting that the next guests would tell Captain Sandy that Hannah had been inappropriate with a past guest? I mostly don't think the guests care. Every season there are guests who are entirely too familiar with the crew. It's pretty obvious that there is a subset of guests who would happily bang the crew. Even on Jason's charter, there was that blonde woman who would not take no for an answer from Bobby. After he seemed to have shut her down, she seemed to have turned sour and mean. However, I don't think the guests give two shits about hooking up with the crew.

However, if you are suggesting that the next charter would be upset because the crew was sloppily allowing guests' personal information to be disclosed, then yes the crew should be in trouble for being inappropriate with guest personal information. Just as Danny got in trouble for sharing pictures of the Tilted Kilt girls with Jerry last year and those were only pictures. Imagine the shit storm that would have occurred if the next charter had accessed Jason's text messages and emails.

I believe Hannah lied about how long she'd been communicating with Jason. She went tearing up to his room to provide "assistance" based on what exactly? It's obvious that the two had prearranged that kiss and used the word "assistance" as a cover on the off chance that the microphones picked up their make out session.

• Love 1
On August 15, 2017 at 10:07 PM, PaperTree said:

Bugs thought this would be her "big break".

She wants to be an actress, but has absolutely no talent.

C'mon, give the girl a break. They ALL came on a reality show which means they all wanted to be on TV. I don't get why Bugsy gets called out, specifically. You really think Hannah just wandered onto a boat that happened to have cameras on it? They all had reasons for auditioning for this show. 

34 minutes ago, HunterHunted said:

How is Hannah in even bigger trouble if the next charter discovers the iPad? Are you suggesting that the next guests would tell Captain Sandy that Hannah had been inappropriate with a past guest? I mostly don't think the guests care. Every season there are guests who are entirely too familiar with the crew. It's pretty obvious that there is a subset of guests who would happily bang the crew. Even on Jason's charter, there was that blonde woman who would not take no for an answer from Bobby. After he seemed to have shut her down, she seemed to have turned sour and mean. However, I don't think the guests give two shits about hooking up with the crew.

However, if you are suggesting that the next charter would be upset because the crew was sloppily allowing guests' personal information to be disclosed, then yes the crew should be in trouble for being inappropriate with guest personal information. Just as Danny got in trouble for sharing pictures of the Tilted Kilt girls with Jerry last year and those were only pictures. Imagine the shit storm that would have occurred if the next charter had accessed Jason's text messages and emails.

I believe Hannah lied about how long she'd been communicating with Jason. She went tearing up to his room to provide "assistance" based on what exactly? It's obvious that the two had prearranged that kiss and used the word "assistance" as a cover on the off chance that the microphones picked up their make out session.

It looks sloppy and unprofessional. One, to find out the chief stew messed around with (at least one) charter guest. And, two, that that relationship wasn't kept private. Chances are they would have laughed it off, but what do you think Capt Sandy would think of Hannah if the next charter guest DID show her the iPad? Even if the guests didn't mind, I'm guessing Capt Sandy would have been appalled. 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, Stan39 said:

It looks sloppy and unprofessional. One, to find out the chief stew messed around with (at least one) charter guest. And, two, that that relationship wasn't kept private. Chances are they would have laughed it off, but what do you think Capt Sandy would think of Hannah if the next charter guest DID show her the iPad? Even if the guests didn't mind, I'm guessing Capt Sandy would have been appalled. 

This once again gets to things that typically upset guests--privacy and discretion. Hannah was very wrong to make out and message Jason, but I'm still astounded that Bugs doesn't get just how wrong she was to both keep the iPad logged into Jason's account and share it with the crew. That alone tells me she's not the chief stew she thinks she is. She should have gone to the captain. If she was unsure, she could have talked to Wes. However, she chose to be messy and share it with Bobby and then the rest of the crew.

As much as the crew likes to complain that Hannah making out with Jason put their tips in jeopardy, Bobby making out with Paula and his over familiarity with Jerry illustrates exactly why the crew must always stay professional. One moment Jerry and Bobby are having fun, the next moment Jerry is complaining to the captain, having Bobby punished, and Paula refuses to go out. And then Jerry decides to doubly punish Paula by making Bobby go out with them so that Bobby doesn't spend an evening texting Paula. The guests are uncomfortable and upset. The crew was uncomfortable. In another situation duties might have had to be shuffled around and making the crew resentful. This is why you have boundaries.

Listen, I think Hannah was 100% wrong in what she did and Bugs was 100% wrong with what she did. It all depends on which transgression you think is worse. Given what we've seen, I think Bugs' was worse. The potential for irreparable harm was greater, especially when she took the iPad off the boat. It could have been stolen or hacked through WiFi. Had Hannah gone further with Jason like multiple make outs or sex, I would view her transgression as equally as bad as Bugs'. The thing that is also notable is that Hannah half confesses to Captain Sandy when Bugs says they've seen the messages. However, Bugs never tells Captain Sandy that she and Bobby were looking through Jason's messages.

• Love 5

There were other texts messages on the iPad so it also seems unlikely that the guest would even put two and two together which is why Bugs is even worse because there were other messages on there besides Hannah. Also, since Bugs was responsible for cleaning the master it would have been her fault for not recovering the iPad.  

• Love 5

Part of the issue for me is that Bugs just plain bugs me.  She's humorless, often complaining and extremely defensive.  I won't slag her for aspiring to be an actress but I will say that, for me, she lacks charisma.  

Unimpressed with the reunion. Hannah should have been held to the coals more on what she did.

Don't understand this, Hannah was held to coals while Bobby was not.  How are the situations different?  If anything, Bobby's actions were more egregious and harmful.  He was taking attention away from the primary charter guest (the one who pays the bill and tips the crew) while Hannah was giving attention to the primary.  Which makes for a happier primary guest?  Hmmm.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, snarts said:

Part of the issue for me is that Bugs just plain bugs me.  She's humorless, often complaining and extremely defensive.  I won't slag her for aspiring to be an actress but I will say that, for me, she lacks charisma.  

Don't understand this, Hannah was held to coals while Bobby was not.  How are the situations different?  If anything, Bobby's actions were more egregious and harmful.  He was taking attention away from the primary charter guest (the one who pays the bill and tips the crew) while Hannah was giving attention to the primary.  Which makes for a happier primary guest?  Hmmm.

Hypocrisy's the norm with "the cool kids!" Everyone outside of that circle are vilified for any & everything! All you have to do is remind yourselves of how Daniel was treated by those Neanderthals! He was the MVP and the captain couldn't wait to snatch the tip and spread it around! He didn't even give the kid a chance so he was just as complicit as the rest of those GOONS! Sandy treated situations a lot more logically and stayed out of those personal dramas allowing them to be resolved amongst themselves! Heaven knows FUGS tried to stir some $#!t, but the captain was having none of it, deferring to her 1st Stew! She's by far my fave of the season! ;-(

Edited by Avon.Blakes7
  • Love 2
20 minutes ago, Avon.Blakes7 said:

Hypocrisy's the norm with "the cool kids!" Everyone outside of that circle are vilified for any& everything! All you have to do is remind yourselves of how Daniel was treated by those Neanderthal! He was the MVP and the captain couldn't wait to snatch the tip and spread it around! He didn't even give the kid a chance so he was just as complicit as the rest of those GOONS! Sandy treated situations a lot more logically and stayed out of those personal dramas allowing them to be resolved amongst themselves! Heaven knows FUGS tried to stir some $#!t, but the captain was having none of it, deferring to her 1st Stew! She's by far my fave of the season! ;-(

Daniel was warned repeatedly by both his supervisor and the Captain about his over familiarity with various guests and he disobeyed repeatedly including when warned specifically about fish lives matters girl. What Hannah criticized him for and went to the Captain about was him sharing the pics of the Twisted Kilts women that he had taken with the guests from the douche bag charter.

The captain also had a rule that all tips are shared which is why he had Daniel split his, I believe Hannah split hers before the tip meeting so who knows what Sandy would have done or if sharing tips was her rule or not.

• Love 4
On 8/17/2017 at 9:53 PM, Avon.Blakes7 said:

It was why Bobby didn't have a leg to stand on kvetchin' about the situation! He's a lazy goober who expects good things to just come to him rather than working for it! ;-(

If he spent half of the time trying to advance his career and paying attention to learning absolutely everything that he possibly could learn rather than concentrate on women, ladies and girls....then maybe he would have gotten the promotion. 

He's a 'get by' kind of guy. 

• Love 1

If Wes and Malia have children they aren't going to have any noses.  :) :)  Unless one of them has had a nose bob.  Nothing important, just an observation.

Carry on.....

• Love 2
On 8/16/2017 at 10:26 PM, Giselle said:

I actually liked Hannah's necklace.  Her dress was ok.

Lauren looked like she was channeling 1970s Cher in that hideous dress and awful eyeshadow job.

Just MO but Hannah is f'n gorgeous. I don't care if she wore a rusty sword across her chest....she's rockin' the hotness!

• Love 1

I'll start by saying I'm a Hannah fan, so take it all with a grain of salt, but she's kinda right that there's nothing on tape that proves she lied.  We see her run up the stairs, the door close, and hear her say "jason" and some moaning sounds.  Now, we don't actually see anything, and we have no idea if the sound actually happened at the same time as the events on screen.  We have no idea how long she was in the room.  Now, do I think she downplayed what happened to Captain Sandy?  Absolutely.  Did it go much further than just one kiss?  Maybe.  I don't know whether she's lying or not, but she was right in that you can't actually prove she lied just from the video. 

Bobby seems to think that as long as he proves he's right, everyone will bow down to his superiority or something.  He would not let anything go, even after he saw that Hannah didn't say anything to Malia about Bobby (he severely overreacted to her joke).  He came off like a complete asshole, insisting over and over that he was right about something that literally no one but him cares about.

For someone that claims she doesn't think she's better than anyone else, Bugsy sure acted like she was above everyone else and over it at the reunion.  After Hannah said something, you could even see her turn and like roll her eyes to Bobby.  Also, she claims that she never brought up all her complaints in the workplace, but she certainly spent a lot of time complaining to Lauren about Hannah while they were working, and also complained directly to Captain Sandy.