Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Week 1, Night 2

• Start Topic

49 minutes ago, ddiced35 said:

If you're into one of them, go TALK to him AT THE RESORT.

This drives me nuts. They are so obsessed with the date card as if they are not allowed to speak to one another without it.  IIRC didn't one or two "couples" kind of make up their own dates last season, because they didn't get date cards? It's not like the dates are all that. I mean, they are on a freaking beach. Go grab some snacks and have your own private picnic, with camera crew of course, or just hang out at the pool and get to know each other. Not getting a date card is not a viable excuse for ending up alone.

• Love 10

To answer dleighg, no one has gone home yet (except Lacey for her grandpa's funeral, which coincided with the show shut down so she's back) since, after HOW many hours? there hasn't been a rose ceremony yet. They are called rose ceremonies on BIP, right? And ByTor, thanks but no thanks bringing up Alex's pool-pee habit. I will think of the movie (that I didn't see but saw the trailer) that had something added to the hot tub to turn urine blue when I think if Alex now. Although on a shallow note, I find Alex's manbun and foreign-ness hot. I might even dump shoeless Diggy for him if he shows up in BIP.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, waving feather said:

Unless he is very rich and has a McMansion, there's no reason for someone to own 300 pairs of shoes.

I personally find this particularly egregious in a guy. He probably is one who has hundreds of hi tops that he'll never even intend to wear but needs the latest most expensive shoes. Also guys can get away with having a few shoes that target critical areas (sport, dress, casual) and be fine. Unlike women who, say, really want a red kitten heel to go with Outfit X and can understandably amass shoes 300 pair for a guy almost always points to an issue! 

1 hour ago, Mabinogia said:

IIRC didn't one or two "couples" kind of make up their own dates last season, because they didn't get date cards?

The option is definitely out there for them should they choose to. Evan last year made a lobster dinner appear to try and woo Amanda while reeling from Carly's backing away from him (in the pre-Carly is my everything days that is)

• Love 2
19 hours ago, TheFinalRose said:

The more I think about this, the more I suspect Jorge's "entrepreneurial" endeavors are phoney-baloney, and he's sitting back with his feet up, and a nice chunk of change in his bank account for leaving his bar quietly to make way for Wells. Fleiss and his goons saw that BIP is good place to test drive potential leads (after they jumped on Nick last year), and probably put some thought to how they could get Wells onto the show, but keep him from getting engaged while there.

It probably required a little thought on their end, and the sacrifice of Jorge, but now Wells will be there, front and center, consoling and being super emotionally intelligent (like Nick was last year, but not like Taylor thinks she is). By the end of BIP, Bachelor-nation will be saying Peter who? I'm all for it. 

I thought Jorge's career-change might have more to do with the Corrine-Demario thing. Presumably he's a local that took on a seemingly fun job, and got noticed during his first 3 seasons. Then suddenly, that fun job has him trying to limit Corrine's alcohol intake, taking her tantrums for it, then having to go through the production shut-down with generalized talk of litigation coming from Corrine's corner. Who can blame him for taking a powder on this shit-show? I doubt he signed on to be their alcohol monitor, and I seriously doubt he signed on thinking that some overly litigious princess might drag him into the mess the producers made. Better to quietly go to ground, and hope the storm clouds pass.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, ddiced35 said:

Alex annoys the F*CK out of me. I couldn't stand him on Jojo's season, and he's seemingly only gotten worse. He's just...ugh, such a douchebag.

Could not agree more with this. And it's probably the reason they invited him, he (and Iggy) are most likely to cause drama with the other men.

Amanda and Robbie are a match made in Instagram heaven.

• Love 4

In Lacy's defense, she did say that she had tried to talk to every guy there and no one was interested in even talking to her. She is semi-plain compared to the rest of these women so she is at the low end of a shallow pool.  I kind of felt for her.

But holy shit this show has been BORING so far. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, JenMcSnark said:

In Lacy's defense, she did say that she had tried to talk to every guy there and no one was interested in even talking to her. She is semi-plain compared to the rest of these women so she is at the low end of a shallow pool.  I kind of felt for her.

And then the blonde twins are going to show up soon, right?  Poor Lacy.  

• Love 2
5 hours ago, ddiced35 said:
5 hours ago, ddiced35 said:

Alex annoys the F*CK out of me. I couldn't stand him on Jojo's season, and he's seemingly only gotten worse. He's just...ugh, such a douchebag.

I couldn't agree more, but (paddles slowly out to the shallow end of the pool with a drink in each hand) if you turn the sound off  and pretend you know nothing of him, he's SO good looking.

Now that I think about it, that probably applies to at least half the cast.

Edited by piewarmer
  • Love 5

@piewarmer  I totally agree that if you didn't have to hear him, he is very pretty.   I forget why him and Derek don't get along but me and Alex don't get along after his "nice guy" spiel after Amanda told him no.   I bet he also calls women 'sweethearts' and tells us to smile more.   

• Love 7

It's quite a conundrum we have here about Diggy. Part of what I adore about Diggy is his sense of style, but I agree that 300 pairs of shoes--which I'm sure are the latest limited-release Jordans and/or whatever the expensive kicks kids are wearing nowadays (I think Kanye has a popular line)--is ridiculous. On the other hand, I'm TOTALLY enamoured with the fact that he has on a different pair of glasses EVERY day! (I'm a sucker for guys in glasses.) And you know insurance--if you have a separate vision plan, that is--only covers one pair a year, so every day is like another $400 out-of-pocket pair of glasses, $400 shoes, plus whatever "Devil Wears Prada" designer outfit. Is this guy a Wall Street trader or something?? What job does the show ascribe to him? It sounds like we all agree that we'll fall in love with Diggy BECAUSE of his style, promise we won't make him change because we know it's a deal breaker for him, but as soon as we lock him down with kids and a mortgage, sorry, Diggy, the 300 pairs of shoes you currently have should last you the rest of your life, wearing down the treads, and let's pass some of them on to Diggy Jr...

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

He says he's an analyst in a tech company in a video and the show calls him, a " Senior Inventory Analyst."

I know senior inventory analyst in my company and they don't earn THAT much. Just your average graduate salary.

I didn't know he wears different pairs of glasses everyday too. How big is this guy's luggage?! I have found him very good looking on Rachel's season and I was surprised why he was sent home so early. He didn't even make it overseas. Now I know why.

• Love 1

Was it Raven who said something about not wanting a man prettier than she is?  Well, with Diggy, I wouldn't want a man who has more shoes and clothes than I do, and probably looks in the mirror at himself more than I do.  Now I'm wondering if he gets manicures and pedicures.  I'd also be curious as to where he lives since he spends so much on his wardrobe.

Edited by Ohwell
Grammar
  • Love 4

As an eyeglass wearer, I noticed Diggy's specs right away in R's season. IIRC, while some of Diggy's specs might be designer, some might very well be generic. And I say this as I am wearing my prescription yellow-lensed computer glasses that I ordered online for $30 (and I have a relatively strong prescription). I finally discovered the joys of ordering glasses online this year and now have 7 pairs for half the cost of the 3 pairs I had for the last 5 yrs. Of course, none of the pairs are Giorgio Armani but those were my least favorite and I never wore them so they turned out to be a waste of money anyway. My point being Diggy might doing something similiar so that he can have a bunch to match different outfits.

• Love 4

You can have him, Saber.  My BIP boyfriend is Derek.  I like the way he can seem so take-charge and manly while at the same time following orders.  I'd like to have him take me camping where I'll say, "Build a fire!" and he'll build one, then "Kiss me," and he'll kiss me, then "Take me" and he'll carry me into the cabin, and finally "Rip my bodice," and he'll rip it.  A dream come true.

• Love 9

I read in an article that Alex is 5'7".    That's doesn't seem short to me, or at least short enough that the group on BIP would keep mentioning it.   How shallow are these people, exactly?   (Hypothetical question only. :-))      It's like middle school run wild.    

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, hyacinth said:

I read in an article that Alex is 5'7".    That's doesn't seem short to me, or at least short enough that the group on BIP would keep mentioning it.   How shallow are these people, exactly?   (Hypothetical question only. :-))      It's like middle school run wild.    

I wonder if that's the height Alex tells people he is (the shameless way some men lie about their height as if we can't see its not true kills me, lol). He looks like he's about 5'2" 

• Love 1

Diggy is single with no kids and I really could care less what he spends his money on. He works and earns it. He can spend it how he wants. I have a number of pairs of glasses from Zenni that are like $20 each. Obviously if he marries and has family and puts spending on shoes above his family's needs then that sucks. But that's nothing but speculation. 

• Love 5
On 8/16/2017 at 8:08 AM, DEL901 said:

And I liked how Evan's kids weren't shown much and when one did wander into the frame, their faces were blurred.  According to news reports, they were part of the ceremony but good that was not broadcast.  They are kids.  Let's not show their faces on BiP.

I was glad to read this, actually. I didn't notice them there at all, and I couldn't decide whether to be more dismayed that his kids didn't appear to be at his wedding or happy that they weren't being paraded around in front of the cameras.

22 hours ago, CalamityBoPeep said:

I thought Jorge's career-change might have more to do with the Corrine-Demario thing. Presumably he's a local that took on a seemingly fun job, and got noticed during his first 3 seasons. Then suddenly, that fun job has him trying to limit Corrine's alcohol intake, taking her tantrums for it, then having to go through the production shut-down with generalized talk of litigation coming from Corrine's corner. Who can blame him for taking a powder on this shit-show? I doubt he signed on to be their alcohol monitor, and I seriously doubt he signed on thinking that some overly litigious princess might drag him into the mess the producers made. Better to quietly go to ground, and hope the storm clouds pass.

As noted, his departure was known well before that, but regarding the bolded part, I'd give some pretty serious side-eye to anyone who signed on to be a bartender for anything but didn't think they were also signing on to be alcohol monitor. That's part of the job. Hell, although many of these people are clearly being overserved, the fact that we have yet to see any cases of full-on alcohol poisoning suggests that he has been doing some monitoring/limiting of their intake.

Alex can go die in a fire. I was already not a big fan from JoJo's season, but yeah. His "nice guy" remarks are beyond gross. Being nice was not "the wrong move" — being nice shouldn't be a "move" at all — she's just not that into you, and you are not entitled to her affections simply because you've decided you want them. Can't wait for him to be gone from my screen.

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

Being nice was not "the wrong move" — being nice shouldn't be a "move" at all — she's just not that into you

He is hideous, as you're correct this shows that everything he does is a 'play' to gain a certain outcome. Not a genuine bone in that little dude's body I think. And as I mentioned, when someone hips you to 'you're coming on to strong and should give her room to breathe' the proper response is NOT to go "steal then away" mid convo to contest that you're totally NOT 'that guy' when everyone knows you are.

• Love 4
On ‎8‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 3:28 PM, scribe95 said:

Good catch by someone remembering that Corinne said she was on prescription meds. That would intensify the alcohol. 

That depends on WHAT meds.  Also, I don't think pencillin plus alcohol would make you black out.  Oh, that was rather catty of me!

• Love 4

Judy, you're cracking me up. I still don't remember Derek, but that he's "into" the up-speaking Taylor scratches him off my list. I think 5-9 to 6 ft. is "average" height for men, no? I'm 5-9 and look most dates in the eye. Although once I dated a guy who was 6-4 and I REALLY did not like he was taller and, in my thinking, that made him "the boss." So I can see Alex being picked on for being 5-7. I mean, in this universe ya gotta pick on everyone for everything, right? And as I felt with that tall date, taller means superior. Subconsciously, I mean. And maybe in BIP land, given the cracks even sad-sack Amanda made about short guys.

Alex personality makes him way more unattractive than height or face or anything else ever could. Those remarks about being nice and how he shouldn't have bothered, just gross. He need to crawl into a hole and never show his face around Bachelor franchise again. I hope TPTB are listening. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I dated a guy who was 6-4 and I REALLY did not like he was taller and, in my thinking, that made him "the boss."

I'm 5'3", even Alex would be my boss :)

• Love 2

Haha. Thought this episode was great! I missed it in real time, so watching it late at night it was perfect, because I could fast forward through almost all of it. 

Are Carly and Evan the least cared about couple in Bachelor history? I mean, I barely remember most couples, but I have ZERO interest seeing these two or hearing them speak. Evan is creepy (but genuine) and I don't trust a word out of Carly's mouth. 

The very special sit down meeting was pointless. ABC should have made some legal statement at the beginning then just moved on. Nobody looks to the Bachelor for guidance on consent. 

Hope it works out for Taylor and Derek?, but I always ff dates. I'd much rather watch the Sh!tshow on the beach then two people having dinner. 

Which left about twenty minutes of actual show. I can't stand Amanda, so I'm probably biased, but I can't stand girls who say, "I can't make it clearer than...." But then DONT state things clearly to the guy. Just tell Evan what you told the camera? Why beat around the bush when you have a chance to speak openly, and then mock the guy behind his back for not picking up on your vague comments. I agree he seemed aggressive, but I hate how this show puts all the blame on men for failing to read between the lines. 

Why are barely any people even TRYING to meet someone? I understand, there aren't a lot of great options, but the guys should be worried about not getting a rose, and the girls should be worried about not getting screen time. I don't understand what Alexis is doing on the show, she seems completely uninterested in doing anything but provide snarky comments. And I'm not sure why more of the guys aren't worried. 

Someone needs to sit Jasmine down and counsel her. She has real issues that need to be addressed, and I'm being dead serious. She continues to "flirt" by threatening violence, and seems genuinely unstable. If she were a guy, her behavior might land her a lawsuit. 

Someone got into Raven's ear that she was going to be the star of the show. I liked her on the Bachelor, but now she is just too conceited. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Stan39 said:

I don't understand what Alexis is doing on the show, she seems completely uninterested in doing anything but provide snarky comments.

Could we put her behind the bar with Wells? I would be perfectly happy to have her around for snark without worrying about whether or not she's getting a rose. In fact, I don't really care one way or the other if Wells is there, but if we could have Alexis and Daniel as bartenders, that would totally work for me.

• Love 4

I read several accounts as to why production was shut down.  And thank goodness I did.  Because after this episode, I'd be more confused than ever.

Did they, in this episode, state that it was a producer that made claims of sexual misconduct?  (And why did they wait 3 days?)  Or did they imply it was Corinne who made the allegations?  It seemed Corinne was fine with DeMario when they asked to talk with her, right before the shutdown.  Then there was all this talk about consent.  If a naked woman shoves her female parts in a man's face, does the man have to ask if he has consent to partake in oral sex with her?  For Chris to turn the conversation to "consent", it implied that there wasn't consent and DeMario forced himself on Corinne.  And why the hell did Raven think her assault had anything to do with the situation, other than to turn the focus on her?

And just like in the real world, YOU are responsible for knowing when you've had enough alcohol.  All this talk about producers forcing/not forcing you to drink was just nonsense.  So are we to think the producers have a gun to their heads?  

So funny when asked if race had anything to do with it.  First it's all, "no...." then all, "ya....".  I think the cast are puppets with a group mentality.  Each one is afraid to have an opinion of their own.  They also seemed to be sounding out what production wanted them to say.   

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Stan39 said:

I can't stand Amanda, so I'm probably biased, but I can't stand girls who say, "I can't make it clearer than...." But then DONT state things clearly to the guy. Just tell Evan what you told the camera? Why beat around the bush when you have a chance to speak openly, and then mock the guy behind his back for not picking up on your vague comments.

You're so right, even though Alex is a smug, hostile, obnoxious jerk, it doesn't excuse her for not being able to give him the classic speech, "I like you as a friend, but I just don't like you in that boyfriend way, and sorry, but I never will." 

I'm not surprised you called Alex "Evan."  Last year it was Evan who was following Amanda around, asking her on dates and doing the  stupid, "May I steal you for a minute," while she was in the middle of making out with Josh. Funny how that was all forgotten in the romantic love story of Carly and Evan where it's tactfully omitted  that she was clearly his second or third choice.  Amanda, more than most women, needs to spell things out because she has always had a completely flat affect, even years before she could have possibly needed any Botox.  She looked at Josh in the same blank way she looks at Alex so who could ever guess what she's thinking?

• Love 8
On 8/18/2017 at 9:58 AM, scribe95 said:

Diggy is single with no kids and I really could care less what he spends his money on. He works and earns it. He can spend it how he wants. I have a number of pairs of glasses from Zenni that are like $20 each. Obviously if he marries and has family and puts spending on shoes above his family's needs then that sucks. But that's nothing but speculation. 

True. Yes he is single and has the right to spend his money anyway he wants to. I can see his point if he were talking about a casual relationship. But he didn't specify that in his statement. I think our spending habits are fairly ingrained in us from a early age so although yes people can change and adapt to new situations and responsibilities it would be extremely hard for some. And his statement, "Me spending too much on whatever is definitely a deal breaker if your going to try to limit that" is telling. That's his major deal breaker? Not if she doesn't want kids, if she's selfish, or prejudice or something likewise important. The fact that that was his first thought , his major deal breaker just screams stubborn defiance to me that would likely continue in a serious relationship or marriage. If I were a young single woman who was looking for eventual marriage and children this would put up major red flags for me.

• Love 6

If I were young and single and looking for marriage and children, anyone who has been on TB or BIP would be a major red flag for me. So you go, Diggy ... keep buyin' those shoes. And glasses. Especially since he has been shown being interested in any female relationship so far anyway. I think his shoe collection is safe.

I meant to say, he has NOT been shown to be interested in any female relationship. My proofing skills stink.

1 hour ago, saber5055 said:

If I were young and single and looking for marriage and children, anyone who has been on TB or BIP would be a major red flag for me. So you go, Diggy ... keep buyin' those shoes. And glasses. Especially since he has been shown being interested in any female relationship so far anyway. I think his shoe collection is safe.

I meant to say, he has NOT been shown to be interested in any female relationship. My proofing skills stink.

Then what's he there for, for goodness sakes? Granted most have at least some fame whoring intentions but at least they're hooking up and seem interested in doing so. I don't think he's there just for fame whoring and his intentions are to find someone. He just hasn't found one that fits yet. Makes me wonder if in conversation with the women he's talking about his shopping habits and his love for it. Maybe that's why he hasn't connected with anyone yet?

And by the way I think him and Robbie would get along just fine. They seem to be kindred spirits.

Carly and Evan - "Lowered Expectations" old Mad TV skit haha

The "shaman" was tacky and senseless, and the wedding looked cutrate...whatever

Ashley I needs a makeup intervention....the twins are repulsive and JMO Vanessa and Nick seemed to be "cold" 

Dull maybe but dang Dean is handsome. I love that he doesn't have a me too fur piece beard like most of the others.  Eyes, strong jaw...great smile ...yowsers

Wellis is nice looking and Diggy is sharp and looks like he would smell great.

I like Derek and Taylor....was team Tay I felt she was angry at the way the producers catered to drunk fake Corrine on Nicks season

Here's to love lust and fame ho-ing

• Love 3
18 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I'm not surprised you called Alex "Evan."  Last year it was Evan who was following Amanda around, asking her on dates and doing the  stupid, "May I steal you for a minute," while she was in the middle of making out with Josh. Funny how that was all forgotten in the romantic love story of Carly and Evan where it's tactfully omitted  that she was clearly his second or third choice.

I could be remembering entirely wrongly, but I thought it was Carly first, then when she gave him the "just friends" brush off, he inexplicably decided to try for Amanda, and then came to his senses (didn't really seem sensible at the time, but since she eventually came around and now they're married, I guess it was) and re-focused on winning Carly back. I think I remember him being pretty Carly-focused except for that brief weird Amanda interlude.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, kingshearte said:

I could be remembering entirely wrongly, but I thought it was Carly first, then when she gave him the "just friends" brush off, he inexplicably decided to try for Amanda, and then came to his senses (didn't really seem sensible at the time, but since she eventually came around and now they're married, I guess it was) and re-focused on winning Carly back. I think I remember him being pretty Carly-focused except for that brief weird Amanda interlude.

No, you're remembering correctly. He only pursued Amanda after Carly told him she wanted to be just friends. And when pursuing Amanda didn't work out he faked a medical emergency - egregiously abusing the Mexican healthcare system - to get sympathy from Carly.

• Love 2

If Diggy was talking about shopping, even a little bit, TPTB would put all those convos into a big 'ole package like they did to BenZ and his dog talk. I'm still thinking Ben only said five sentences about his dog, but TPTB pounced and edited him to look like that's ALL he talks about. I don't remember hearing Diggy speak at all. In fact, there are a few guys who haven't been shown much at all. Either they are saving them for later or they are boring ... which makes me wonder why they got invited to BIP at all since TPTB likes controversy, plus uses BIP to vet future TB/TB-ette candidates. *coughwellscough*

I'm wondering about the ethics of having a topless flute-playing woman at the wedding if Evan's kids were there. Yikes.

5 hours ago, saber5055 said:

I'm wondering about the ethics of having a topless flute-playing woman at the wedding if Evan's kids were there. Yikes.

Given that Evan went on BIP and exploited the hospital by pretending to have a heart attack i think a topless flute player is the least of their concerns.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, kingshearte said:

I thought it was Carly first, then when she gave him the "just friends" brush off, he inexplicably decided to try for Amanda, and then came to his senses

Thanks Kingshearte!  I should have know I couldn't correctly remember that far back, I can't remember what I had for dinner.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, JudyObscure said:

Thanks Kingshearte!  I should have know I couldn't correctly remember that far back, I can't remember what I had for dinner.

Heh. I'm not sure if I should be pleased with myself or horrified that I do remember.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, chocolatine said:

He faked a medical emergency - egregiously abusing the Mexican healthcare system - to get sympathy from Carly.

Which everybody at the wedding laughed about, instead of acknowledging that it was manipulative and a bit creepy.

• Love 1

I hope this season picks up, because right now everybody is pretty dull and boring.  I'm surprised how few people are even making an effort to connect with someone.  The guys talk about how cutthroat the rose ceremony will be, then seem more interested in hanging out with each other, rather than talk with the women.  It look a lot of women are content to hand out roses to friends, with only a few realizing that this could bite them in the butt the next rose ceremony if their friend doesn't reciprocate.  It's odd, ABC knows who is interested in whom (it's been shared that they ask contestants who they're hoping to see on the show).  You'd think they'd do a better job of bringing in a group that wants to hook up with each other.  Especially in the beginning before people settle in.  A couple guys are fighting over Raven, but even that seems lackluster.  And Robbie doesn't have a chance.

Snooze