Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Week 1, Night 2

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Taylor can STFU too with that annoying voice. I think she was supposed to be some kind of mental health counselor or something?  That voice would drive anybody crazy.

I know, right? The constant uptalk?  Every few words?  Makes me want to, like, hIt the mute button?

• Love 17
26 minutes ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Do we think they're maybe setting Wells up to be the bachelor by having him be the bartender so he gets screentime, yet pointedly mentioning he's not looking for love there and is not available for dates, etc?

I'd be in favor. Best part of the episode was him asking Kristina about Putin and accusing her of rigging the election. 

• Love 22

The first hour kind of useless. Look it's great tht Carly and Evan are married and happy, yay! but I don't really care.

Again some things that were unintentionally hilarious: the group chat with the others that felt like a peer counseling meeting "are you guys okay? How does it make you feel?" And everyone's noncommittal answers. So.. what happened again? Thy didn't even tell us? Corraine was super duper drunk and hooked up with Demario and producers were unsure about the incident and the media got wind of this and made it into something bigger than it was? Seriously..

Wells as the bartender is my fave part of this season, so far. I wish he and Chris Harrison had side scenes where they openly discuss the bs on this show at times.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

Anyone think they might make Raven the Bachelorette in the future?

I don't think so. The TPTB have shown they can cast someone from BIP (Nick) for the lead but I don't see that happening often. A lot of that depends on if next seasons Bette's are all duds or not well received. And if they did consider any of the women from BIP why would it necessarily have to be Raven? I think she could carry a season but picking someone from BIP is a long shot so no I don't see it. Why do you ask? Do you think they would for some reason?

• Love 1

Alexis is more of 'the buddy', or 'one of the guys', The way she talks, acts, especially when they showed her slamming her fists on the bar while 'huddled' around the guys.  She is not very feminine. She is loud and obnoxious and tries to hard to be funny.  Nothing appealing to her.  Her shark/dolphin was ok briefly for a minute, and that was enough.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

Nobody wanted to speak up that DeMario given the bad rap might be race related and then when one spoke up they all agreed. Oh brother, this feels like an after school special.

dying here--thats exactly what I was thinking...Father Chris has a town hall with his children. and I used to love the after school specials:)

10 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz........ get real Harrison, all of those fame hos want to continue being on tv.

in my mind I was like oh yeah, like anyone is going to say no. so i finally figured out that Amanda, who was so cute, has a completely flat affect because her face is frozen with botox and its sad because she was otherwise a very cute girl (voice notwithstanding). why do people do that to themselves??

6 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

Do we think they're maybe setting Wells up to be the bachelor by having him be the bartender so he gets screentime, yet pointedly mentioning he's not looking for love there and is not available for dates, etc?

I dont know much about him, but he has a very cute personality and is sort of cute. was he the one who hadnt kissed jo-jo??

• Love 1
10 hours ago, saber5055 said:

And yeah, the first hour was wedding stuff. Recaps of past weddings (they left out the train montage they played after Sean/Catherine's wedding) and the wedding itself. Ashley I ... OMG, "grotesque."

Ashley I did something really bizarre with her eyebrows--she looks 150% crazy! I did think Carly made a beautiful bride:)

• Love 4
8 hours ago, jumper sage said:

OMG!  Almost an hour for the stupid wedding?  I don't give a shit.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Making up your own vows can be nice but when you try and incorporate your little in-jokes that aren't funny out of context and when you try to be both sentimental and "hilarious," it just gets corny and uncomfortable.  Evan's "Will you freakin' marry me?" was just an early sample of the vows.  I can see why Carly loves being adored like that -- my husband didn't sob about how beautiful I was when I came down the aisle -- but I'm not sure how long it will be before watching him squeeze his eyes shut when he smiles will make her want to pour the water pitcher over his head.

7 hours ago, Wandering Snark said:

Dean seems to always say the wrong thing

Remember when Rachel was trying to talk seriously with him and he made a really silly joke out of embarrassment?  Saber noticed he was lying down during the afterschool special.  Arrested development can happen from a traumatic event and Dean was fifteen when his mother died. I think he may be emotionally fifteen.  He really needs some therapy, it's sad to watch him now.

Edited by JudyObscure
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Wasn't there also Peyton and Chris? 

They are both part of the "Bachelor Nation", but they didn't meet on a show, so they don't count.

7 hours ago, wings707 said:

Hey. Maybe that is why he was chosen for the bartender.  For us to get to know him again, a refresher. I am down with that.

6 hours ago, ThreaLevelMidnight said:

For the above 2 comments... I agree.  Having Wells on to remind people about him but also ensuring he doesn't get caught up in the "hijinx" and thus tarnish himself like Dean is doing, is a smart move.

Evan's still a creepy little dude, but he's a creepy little dude who really does love Carly and can't believe his luck that she married him.  She seems happy.  She came on the bachelor franchise desperate for love and marriage and a family and she's gotten all that and more (apparently he's fairly well off, not that this is relevant to finding love).  And they've recently announced she's pregnant.  

And I liked how Evan's kids weren't shown much and when one did wander into the frame, their faces were blurred.  According to news reports, they were part of the ceremony but good that was not broadcast.  They are kids.  Let's not show their faces on BiP.

• Love 17

The conversation with Chris was ok and it seemed like the contestants were "normal" for a minute. But was it scripted?? Hell yes. They brought up things that everyone talks about, for example, are the producers really your friends?

Cam me hokey, but I loved the wedding. Carly and Evan seemed genuinely happy. Loved seeing Bach couples there. I didn't think Nick and Vanessa seemed all that "couplish". 

I loved watching clips of all the weddings.....boy, Catherine was a gorgeous bride. I loved how all the men were near tears as their brides walked up the aisle.

The show itself was sort of boring. I don't remember Alexis being so beautiful. I do not even remember the girl whose grandfather died.....I don't even remember her name now, LOL. She seems quite needy. Run guys run!!

Dean seemed pouty the whole episode. Makes me realize he may not be the best Bachelor.

RS said he wouldn't be surprised if there was an engagement on the after show and he said his thoughts were it would be Taylor and Derek. That's not a spoiler, just his prediction.

Amanda......go home to your little girls.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Rainsong said:

Dean reclines with Kristina.  Unfortunately, a significant number of his already-limited IQ points leak out of his ears onto the cushions and he starts getting combative and eventually spurns Kristina altogether.  Fully deserving of his fate.

Rainsong , I live for your posts!

• Love 1

So we're just pretending Marcus and Lacey didn't happen because they didn't file the paperwork? The wedding was technically televised. Then we have Des and, um, not-Brooks (was just posting about this dude last week as compared to Rachel's Bryan but now I forgot), who are another successful love story but just because it wasn't televised, they don't at least get a shout-out?

This resort is a "little" (sarcasm) nicer than Playa Escondido (spelling?). Oh. My. God. Juelia's flower crown! Is she the flower girl?! Just no. Evan has to look at the rings--not out of awe of the impending nuptials, but to ensure the camera gets a good shot of the Neil Lane box. 

Lol! They have the topless flautist! Oh, ALL of the bridesmaids have this flower crown! Yikes! Evan is REALLY overboard in his reaction to seeing Carly come down the aisle, considering she has her typical side braid that's only slightly less messy than normal, and he must have seen these roots grow out to a typical level of ombré...just in time for ombré to be out. 

The sand at Playa Escondido is perfectly raked (completely surrounding Harrison), and Paradise is back in business, baby!

The cast members give their requisite declarations that they make their own choices and that production has never manipulated them. God, Taylor is like this sober?! Did race play a part? [crickets] Um...everyone looks around trying to figure out what the right answer is... Someone says yes, and they immediately all nod and say yes. Harrison questioning what is consent, like a high school health teacher. Now each contestant gives consent about participating on the show.

I'm thinking Derek is asking Taylor about getting a rose tonight...but are they talking about sleeping together?! Giving him her rose shouldn't require this much analysis especially when they're a "couple," but now I think they're having the consent talk on camera as now required per Harrison.

So Jasmine is going to choke you whether you ditch her for another girl or stay with her as sexual play. I fear for Matt.

New word alert courtesy of Alex: "deconflicting." He also gives us the popular "nip it in the butt." Of course he has the misogynistic view that if he's a "nice guy" the woman is required to reciprocate his advances. Harrison, we need a consent refresher over here!

Oh, well that WAS a consent talk between Derek and Taylor! 

Oh, no, Jasmine freaking out about Matt going to bed JUST like Josh did when Amanda went to sleep last year!! Run, Matt, run!

Dean correctly says "nip this in the bud." But the bud has not only bloomed, but withered and died.

• Love 18

Did anyone else notice the pre-wedding musician lady who was playing the flute-y thing appeared to be topless? They black-barred the heck out of her northern regions.   Who the heck wants a topless musician at their wedding?  Weird and tacky.

Beaten to the punch by minutes, haha

Edited by Suzysite
  • Love 3
39 minutes ago, nutty1 said:

I loved watching clips of all the weddings

Me too!  I remember Ryan and Trista and what a huge deal it was when they got married.  I had forgotten how much it poured at Jason and Molly's wedding!  

48 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Hey. Maybe that is why he was chosen for the bartender.  For us to get to know him again, a refresher. I am down with that.

Me too.  He's cute and snarky, asking Russian sleeper cell Kristina how do you say "I rigged the election" in Russian.  Heh.

25 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

Please no.

Oh Dean.  Following in the tradition of the longer people are on my tv the less I like them.  I do like Alexis, maybe because I am also a Jersey girl and she reminds me of my friends - fun, hangs with the girls and the guys, doesn't take this shit too seriously.

I also thought about Jade and Zika because I overthink shit.  Vanessa was the only person at the wedding that looked fresh and beautiful to me.  Everyone else looked wilted.

I FF'd through the after school special educational event. This is BIP. I want fluff & trash, not a very special episode. Even FF'ing everyone looked bored with the topic. 

I had forgotten how being in paradise jacks up people's hair, especially the long locks that the girls stoke like they have kittens resting on their shoulders. Someone should tell them pony tails and braids are their friend in paradise. 

I skipped Nick's season since he gives me the shudders, and I tried to stick with Rachel's but found it yawn inducing. Most of these fame, I mean love, seekers are strangers to me. Other than squeaky Amanda with her double head of hair and BenZ. Wait is BenZ still there? The guys are blending together into a giant man with scruff and tattoos. 

I figured out who the short dude reminds me of. If you squint and don't listen to him, he looks a little like Chris Pine's third cousin twice removed.  I hope this thing livens up soon! 

Edited by ramble
  • Love 3

"Nip it in the butt" just always makes me laugh.  I'm immature.  Dean said it correctly, and he also knows what quarks are so he's not a total lost cause.

So Taylor doesn't drink?  God, if anyone can use a drink it's her.

Edited by mostlylurking
  • Love 10
8 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Wells as the bartender is my fave part of this season, so far. I wish he and Chris Harrison had side scenes where they openly discuss the bs on this show at times.

I would watch the hell out of a web series of Chris and Wells snarking on the happenings in Paradise.

• Love 10

So 2 days, 4 hours in, and there was no rose ceremony yet?  This is moving very slowly... LOL. 

I did not follow the media when this all happened, so how did this news break?  Who made the complaint?  It does not seem like either Corinne or Demario had an issue, because the next day they seemed fine and were giving each other hugs and saying they were "homies".  So did production complain?  If so, why did it take so long?  I mean the people standing there in the moment filming those two obviously saw what happened, so I don't get it, when did it become an issue?

Nick and Vanessa must be the two most stubborn people on earth that they are still fronting like they are in a relationship.  Or their contracts are really lock solid.

I think Taylor and Derek are cute.  I like how Taylor was hoping to come in and play the field and did not want to be one of those couples that partner up immediately but then ended up really liking someone.  They have a bit of an age difference, but good for them!

So we're just pretending Marcus and Lacey didn't happen because they didn't file the paperwork? The wedding was technically televised. 

I think they have already gotten divorced.  So not a success story to be included in the montage, sadly.

5 minutes ago, FamilyVan said:

I think they have already gotten divorced.  So not a success story to be included in the montage, sadly.

Actually, were never legally married.  They just split.

As for Jade and Zika... I'd be more worried about Carly.  Jade's pretty far long.  Carly got pregnant probably around the time that was filmed or maybe just before.

50 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Evan is REALLY overboard in his reaction to seeing Carly come down the aisle, considering she has her typical side braid that's only slightly less messy than normal, and he must have seen these roots grow out to a typical level of ombré...just in time for ombré to be out. 

I live for JenE4's posts and Rainsong's.

2 hours ago, nlkm9 said:

Ashley I did something really bizarre with her eyebrows--she looks 150% crazy!

I think she may be one of B-Nation's most beautiful girls if she would just quit ruining herself.   She needs a make-up intervention and 28 days in re-hab with nothing but an untinted tube of Chapstick.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, leighdear said:

ABC didn't have the rights to Dez & Chris's wedding, so they can't air footage.  So that's probably also why they didn't talk about them. 

That Jasmine is one rough customer.  She's coming off as very needy and potentially very nasty. 

I know they didn't have the ABC wedding, but they could have mentioned them and asked for a photo to flash on the screen.  I am sure Des and Chris would have been okay with that.... since they do the occasional Bachelor appearance.  I just think ABC was very odd about Des/Chris for no real reason at the time and up until now.

• Love 5

I did find the afterschool special part boring, but I did enjoy the wedding and think those two have a real chance.  They didn't start out all butterflies and rainbows and she has really taken to his family/children from what I can tell.  She kind of reminds me of Kelly Clarkson, fitting right in with a guy and his children in a comfortable way.

I kind of like that Taylor is the one with the relationship right now...it is kind of nice to see the less cool girl have things work out right away.  

I also like that there is less pairing up right now and more just hanging out....I always hate when there are a lot of couples right away... snooze.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

I live for JenE4's posts and Rainsong's.

The feeling is mutual! The Bachelor Nation boards win the Internet--so many clever and snarky people that crack me up.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, jumper sage said:

OMG!  Almost an hour for the stupid wedding?  I don't give a shit.  How many millions of seasons have they had and they can only come up with like 4 marriages?  I do agree that the Trista/Ryan marriage was good and I liked how when Trista wanted to go all Hollywood Ryan stood his ground and said this is who he was and she wanted it so sit down.

So I went back to night 1 and listened to the podcast.  So no one has any idea of what really happened then?  From viewing night 1 it would seem, to me anyways, that the incident happened on the first night and yet 2 or 3 days later is when the shit hit the fan?

This is based on what I recall and how I pieced together the information, so if I'm wrong, someone please feel free to correct me.

Production was shut down 2-2.5 days into filming. Keeping that in mind, on the first night is when the Corinne/Demario incident happened. It's my guess that the producer complaint was received sometime that same night/early morning because it was reported that the next day, the bartender was given instructions to cut Corinne off and she reportedly was complaining to the others in the group about it. From what I gathered, it's my impression that between the time of the incident and the decision to stop filming, production was likely trying to internally calm the storm and investigate the complaint without filming being interrupted. I think the producer complaint became more incessant and so the high ups of ABC made the call to halt filming so that a formal investigation could take place.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, mostlylurking said:
2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

Please no.

That wasn't my quote, I forget whose it was, but my response was basically the same as yours. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, nutty1 said:

I do not even remember the girl whose grandfather died.....I don't even remember her name now, LOL. She seems quite needy. Run guys run!!

Lacey.  She left on night ONE of Nick's season so of course you wouldn't have remembered her.  

Why she was cast will be come apparent in the coming weeks--she actually mentioned it herself last night:  she's obsessed with Daniel.

• Love 1

I think Derek and Taylor are sorta cute but she still annoys. If you watch the group talk closely when Chris asks about race Taylor shakes her head no. Then Nick says yes and then she and everyone else start saying yes.

I noticed Dean didn't say a word during that whole thing. Beginning to think he's just a pretty face. The conversations with Kristina are painful. He clearly doesn't want to commit to her in case others come on. Did I see in the preview him kissing Raven? Is that who the triangle is with? 

I thought it was funny how tearful and insane the women were. I mean they have the rose the first night. And there are more men than women. Sit back ladies and let them come to you. Stop obsessing and being crazy.

• Love 5

Instead of the Emotional Intelligence book in Taylor's cold opening it should be "50 Shades of Grey".   Her whispering "Take me" during the date made my eyes roll so hard that I'm surprised that I was able to unroll them in time to catch up with Teen Mom 2.   Oh Taylor.... you are just so , so, young.       

• Love 5

Except that he's young enough to be my son, if I was in the market for a dude and 25 years younger, I'd totally be into Diggy. I think he's smart and super cute. 

There's something about Taylor (maybe immaturity and self- righteousness) that makes me want to slap her. I'd be sad if my son dated her.

These people are my kids' age (ish) - and all I can think watching this is that their parents must be so proud (not). 

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, scribe95 said:

I thought it was funny how tearful and insane the women were. I mean they have the rose the first night. And there are more men than women. Sit back ladies and let them come to you. Stop obsessing and being crazy.

That's what I didn't get either with Jasmine and Lacey going all teary eyed about being unloved.  Hello??  There are a bunch of unattached guys there, go out there and mingle with them.  

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, NoWhammies said:

Chris Harrison: A lot of happy couples are here today. Katilyn and Sean, Nick and Vanessa...the twins.

Ha!!! So much shade.

Wonder if it was awkward having Kaitlyn and Sean and Nick and Vanessa at the wedding. Maybe they've dragged them all out before at Bachelor-related events though?

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Ohwell said:

That wasn't my quote, I forget whose it was, but my response was basically the same as yours. 

oops!  Sorry I don't know how it grabbed the wrong name.  But yeah, Raven as the bachelorette is a big no for me.  She seems like a nice girl but just....no.

• Love 4

Dean is a horrible communicator. Watching that conversation he had with Kristina was nails on chalk board for me. They are also both passive aggressive. It does not bode well. Dean also says "I don't know" in his speeches a lot. What do you know, Dean? And Kristina, He's Just Not That Into You. Take the hint already!

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Palomar said:

Wonder if it was awkward having Kaitlyn and Sean and Nick and Vanessa at the wedding. Maybe they've dragged them all out before at Bachelor-related events though?

I'm pretty sure this is the first time all four have been together at an event.   Nick had been with Kaitlyn & Shawn at the Janner wedding but I don't remember an event when its been Nick/Vanessa and Kaitlyn/Shawn.    And yes it probably is still awkward.  Or at least not warm and friendly between them all which is understandable. 

This show is boring to me although I won't stop watching. I liked the old cheesy Bachelor Pad with the contests and games. There is nothing to do here except drink, and since the show is probably curtailing the drinking a bit, there is nothing. I don't think Dean is that bad at conversation, he is probably bored as hell. When you first date someone, you talk to each other a lot, but you are also out doing things, going to dinner, attending a  concert, movie or sporting event, going bowling ,something. If you were laying on a beach with your date for 10 hours a day, your conversation would be exhausted the first day. I do agree though, Dean doesn't come across as well here as on the Bachlorette.

I don't like Wells and don't want him to be the Bachelor. He is ok as a bartender but a snarky Bachelor who makes fun of the women he is dating would be a turn-off to me.

I don't like Carly or Evan so their wedding was snooze. The afterschool special part was also boring but expected. And I want rose ceremonies every episode dammit! Other than that is was curious that much like real life, the men seemed to have the upper hand although the women get to hand out the roses. None of the men seem worried about breaking up with someone right before the rose ceremony even though they will probably get sent home. They are confident enough that someone else will give them the rose. The women have the power this week yet most of them seem nervous and unsure. 

Other random things: I think Ben Z is hot. DIggy is handsome but neither him nor Iggy seem interested in the women. My nineteen year old thinks Raven and Taylor are hot, I don't. Don't want either the twins or Daniel back. 

• Love 4

Okay, I'll admit it.

That wedding made me ugly cry. So beautiful, so real. "You're my wierdo, my lobster, my everything..." (sob) dang...right IN the feels.

Did I watch the rest? I think I lasted 4, 5 minutes before I switched back to America's Got Talent. SO Boring. SUPER boring. And why the HELL is AMANDA there? AGAIN? Seriously girl. Get a job. Raise your kids. Leave us alone!

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Miss Slay said:

No, and I really dont care for her to be. jmho

1 hour ago, Palomar said:

I read somewhere, they are obligated to show up at these things. 

I'm a Litigator and I lost a jury trial yesterday afternoon.  But let me tell you, coming home and watching that abortion last night had me more pissed off than losing a trial!

"Group who we just begged to come back, who agreed, and whom we then paid to fly back and whom we're paying to be here. . . . let's take a vote, do you want BiP to continue?"

Fuck you Chris Harrison.  Fuck you with DiMario's dick.

"No one from production forces anyone to drink".  Well, no one ever said they did.  That's just the show projecting due to Unreal hitting too close to home.  If alcohol isn't an issue, why put a drink limit on them?

Did one of them really say "yeah, but you can be really drunk and still consent"?!?!?

DiMario is going to be haunted by this stuff staying on the internet?  Boo-fucking-hoo.  He chose to go on this franchise.  Twice.  And the story he admitted and spoke himself has his going down on a naked drunk girl poolside in public!  That's HIS story!  

Chris: "Warner Brothers conducted an investigation and concluded that there was no wrongdoing by any member of the cast  . . . on set."  That's not exactly a total exoneration of the show. 

Oh.  And FOUR FUCKING HOURS IN with a single "rose ceremony"?  

Fuck. 

• Love 10