Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Week 1, Night 2

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Except that he's young enough to be my son, if I was in the market for a dude and 25 years younger, I'd totally be into Diggy.

I have no idea how old he is, but I'm guessing he's in "young enough to be my son" territory as well.  Anyway, he's very good looking...honestly IMO the only good looking one there.

1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

Don't want either the twins or Daniel back. 

You & me both.

Sad to hear Taylor doesn't drink, I was hoping being drunk was an excuse for her annoyingness.  Why did she ask Derek if he was "dancing?"  Please tell me he wasn't bouncing his dick around when she was sitting on his lap.

When Chris said Kaitlyn & Shwan were there, I was like "Kaitlyn's here?"  I barely recognized her...until I saw her lick her teeth, dead giveaway!

Jasmine is scary.  I always thought she seemed like a rude, snarky piece of work from her Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader days, but now she seems to have graduated to bunny boiler.

• Love 7

Reading the posts here is the best part of BIP. Rainsong cracked me up with the Dean's-IQ-leaking-out comment. So hilarious ... and true. Plus Dean likes to recline ... at this dad's house, during CH's lectures, while trying to (not) communicate with women. I do remember what Dean's dad said to him during that horrible HT date, and I agree with it: "You have one effing foot stuck in the past." I have my own opinions on how "damaged" a kid would be losing one (or both) parents based on my own experiences, and Dean really needs to ... well, do something about it besides keep appearing on this franchise. And yeah, I'm betting on Wells being groomed for next Bach. Stay tuned!

• Love 4

I mean.. seriously..  Chris Harrison asking GROWN ADULTS if they know what consent means and their answers were ridiculous.

in all honestly I think what happened was that Corraine was drunk, maybe a little bit more than normally but how can you tell? Hooked up with DeMario and a producer saw the footage and got freaked out and caused a commotion. Production was halted and sadly because of social media and things, it got wind in the world and caused a big thing. And then because of this Corraine felt the need to get lawyers and release statements and all that. I could be wrong but it seems like it wasn't what its was made out to be.

• Love 5

So, Carly and Evan's wedding was just for the show, right?  There's no way that was their real wedding.  Everyone there was from the show!  I'm assuming the show offered to pay but looking at the wedding montages from previous weddings, there's no way I believe this was real.  I would think they got married privately or perhaps just went to the courthouse since he's been married before and she's pregnant.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Alapaki said:

"Group who we just begged to come back, who agreed, and whom we then paid to fly back and whom we're paying to be here. . . . let's take a vote, do you want BiP to continue?"

I kept hoping one of them would say no, just to see what happened next. I mean, come on show, you could have paid one of them to take the bullet. I wanted to see Chris get all sad and personally wounded by the persons refusal to continue. I wanted to see the others rally and try to convince the sane one to stay...and then not give him a rose (it would have to be a dude for dramatic impact) saying he didn't even want to be here. I think the haitus must have affected the writers' sense of drama. Come on people! There's no drama in all of them saying yes.

• Love 6

Time for Alternative Facts.  Oh, no!  I mean Alternative Opinions.

I really like Taylor a lot just as I did on her season.  I'm happy to carry the "I like Taylor" torch all by myself.

I'd love for Raven to be the Bachelorette.  But then, that's not going to happen.  They'll make their frequent (though not always) much more vapid choice.

In the "I agree with everyone else"  lane:

I too like Diggy a ton.

I too am happy that Dean is blowing his chance to be the Bachelor.  Actually, I'd love for Eric to be the Bachelor, but I fear we're going to be stuck with Steven.

In the "I think I know how most others feel about this department:

I loathe Chris Harrison.  LOATHE him.  Maybe even more than Jeff Probst - although that's a high bar of loathing right there.

Edited by tpplay
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, PreviouslyTV said:

A wedding, a lecture, and some failed attempts at romance: Paradise has it all!

View the full article

It's not an article, it's a podcast!  Get it right, people!  It was an hour into the episode before I cared.  Didn't Corinne say she was on prescription drugs and wasn't supposed to be drinking?  I also think the media got it blown out of proportion because they went from stating Corinne blacked out (as in not remembering anything because of the booze) to being unconscious.  One thing they got right is DeMario is going to suffer the consequences of this for decades because the internet never forgets.  Lacey really needs to lay off the lower eye-liner.  And for some weird reason I can't do paragraphs.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, tpplay said:

I too am happy that Dean is blowing his chance to be the Bachelor.  Actually, I'd love for Eric to be the Bachelor, but I fear we're going to be stuck with Steven.

Who is Steven?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I know, right? The constant uptalk?  Every few words?  Makes me want to, like, hIt the mute button?

she talks like my 24 year old daughter does when she's making fun of how gals her age talk. Feelings????? I have Feeeeellllllingggssss???

• Love 4
5 hours ago, JudyObscure said:

I think [Ashley I] may be one of B-Nation's most beautiful girls if she would just quit ruining herself.   She needs a make-up intervention and 28 days in re-hab with nothing but an untinted tube of Chapstick.

She really is beautiful, but is making a cartoon of herself. Baby Jane crossed with Cruella DeVille is not a look anyone should be striving for and yet she works so damn hard at it.

I FF'd through the after school special educational event. This is BIP. I want fluff & trash, not a very special episode. Even FF'ing everyone looked bored with the topic. 

I wandered in and out during the wedding stuff, Evan wigs me out, and I finally quit the entire episode about halfway through the Very Special Conversation. My tipping point was Raven bringing up having been sexually assaulted as if that had anything to do with the situation that occurred. It was akin to the "I have a black friend" argument that people trot out to prove that they can't be racist, like as a survivor of sexual assault, she was somehow more qualified to discuss this incident. I'm not articulating it well, but it bothered me. 

Was there anything worth watching after the sitdown? it sounds like more Taylor and Derek and I'm not super interested in that pairing. And seriously, no rose ceremony yet?? 

• Love 4

BIP got more FREE publicity from the Demario/Corinne "scandal" than any other advertising ploy for this franchise ever. So, just "who" do you think could have been behind "the media blowing it out of proportion"? Of course, nothing in this franchise is scripted though, IS IT? DeSchenke, I can't do paragraphs either, so have to do a second post right after the first one if I want paras to appear. That works if you are quick, and no one else posts before you do.

I'm hoping Steven is Wells.

There you go ... paragraphs!

7 hours ago, DEL901 said:
18 hours ago, dizzyd said:

Wasn't there also Peyton and Chris? 

They are both part of the "Bachelor Nation", but they didn't meet on a show, so they don't count.

Oh, didn't know that. Was that also the case with Holly and Blake? I think they met on BP.

I'm all for Wells as TB. He's fun and I just found out he went to my alma mater, graduated a few years after me, but then so did Santa Nick.  If that's why he's on the show, good job to production for recognizing that he's a better candidate than any of Rachel's men.

1 hour ago, scenicbyway said:

So, Carly and Evan's wedding was just for the show, right?  There's no way that was their real wedding.  Everyone there was from the show!  I'm assuming the show offered to pay but looking at the wedding montages from previous weddings, there's no way I believe this was real.  I would think they got married privately or perhaps just went to the courthouse since he's been married before and she's pregnant.

Right?  You'd think they'd at least want a handful of family members there.  Although this is the same guy that declared proposing to Carly on a trashy tv show after knowing her for 3 weeks (2 of which she spent repulsed by him) was "the most important day of his life" - forget the 3 days his children were born, pssht!  

• Love 2
50 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

My tipping point was Raven bringing up having been sexually assaulted as if that had anything to do with the situation that occurred. It was akin to the "I have a black friend" argument that people trot out to prove that they can't be racist, like as a survivor of sexual assault, she was somehow more qualified to discuss this incident. I'm not articulating it well, but it bothered me. 

I know what you mean, and I agree. What in the world was she trying to say? I didn't follow. And she said something about she hopes that this incident wouldn't deter victims of sexual assault from coming forward. Is she implying Corrine was lying? I am sympathetic to what she went through but I'm not sure how it makes her an expert on all things sexual assault, consent, or Corrine/DeMario. 

• Love 5

To make paragraphs, I usually type up my posts in Notepad.  Paragraph breaks in Notepad show up when transferred to PTV.

Really, I need all the help I can get.  I need the time to think about what I want to say and how to say it.  I'm able to edit easier in Notepad, if I'm not too impatient to get my post up.

The only problem is, sometimes my posts have weird formatting, like a sentence will sometimes have only a few words on a line and the rest of the sentence shows up on the next line.  If I turn off 'Word Wrap' (under 'Format') before I copy my post, the formatting works out all right.  It's a shame that Notepad doesn't have spellcheck on it, though.  I have to rely on PTV to show me my spelling mistakes, and even then sometimes misspellings make it through.  And if I want some things to appear in Bold or Italics, I have to do that on the PTV post.  So it's not a perfect system, but it's the best thing I can come up with for me.

I don't know how people who post from their phones ever get a coherent post through, I'm stuck in the PC world.

• Love 1

My nineteen year old thinks Raven and Taylor are hot, I don't.

Yeah, I don't either (Raven).  She looks like a man in a wig.  And I'll always remember her as the one who caught her fiancé in bed with another woman and stabbed him with a stiletto.  

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, thejuicer said:

I know what you mean, and I agree. What in the world was she trying to say? I didn't follow. And she said something about she hopes that this incident wouldn't deter victims of sexual assault from coming forward. Is she implying Corrine was lying? I am sympathetic to what she went through but I'm not sure how it makes her an expert on all things sexual assault, consent, or Corrine/DeMario. 

I think she was trying to say that she knows what sexual assault looks like and therefore everyone should believe her when she says that what happened between Corinne and DeMario was not sexual assault.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

This is based on what I recall and how I pieced together the information, so if I'm wrong, someone please feel free to correct me.

Production was shut down 2-2.5 days into filming. Keeping that in mind, on the first night is when the Corinne/Demario incident happened. It's my guess that the producer complaint was received sometime that same night/early morning because it was reported that the next day, the bartender was given instructions to cut Corinne off and she reportedly was complaining to the others in the group about it. From what I gathered, it's my impression that between the time of the incident and the decision to stop filming, production was likely trying to internally calm the storm and investigate the complaint without filming being interrupted. I think the producer complaint became more incessant and so the high ups of ABC made the call to halt filming so that a formal investigation could take place.

Look at this link here.  She did seem to freak out when they cut her off and she threatened production.  Scroll down to June 16.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

There's something about Taylor (maybe immaturity and self- righteousness) that makes me want to slap her. I'd be sad if my son dated her.

Aside from that voice, it's the self-righteousness that annoys me so much.  Didn't she argue a lot with Corinne in Nick's season?  You know it was pretty bad when I took drunk Corinne's side.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, thejuicer said:

1 hour ago, chocolatine said:

I think she was trying to say that she knows what sexual assault looks like and therefore everyone should believe her when she says that what happened between Corinne and DeMario was not sexual assault.

It's no secret that a lot of sexual assaults don't get reported because people are afraid of the judgment that will come along with it or being labelled a liar. For someone who is trying to emotionally cope with such a traumatic experience, having to deal with those other factors certainly won't make the healing process any easier for them. Considering that Raven piped up in the context of Chris bringing up the issue of slut shaming, I took Raven's comments to mean that she hopes that public reactions like what came out of the Corinne/Demario saga contribute to the fears which would keep victims from speaking their truth and seeking the justice they deserve. 

• Love 7

I'm all for Wells as TB. He's fun and I just found out he went to my alma mater, graduated a few years after me, but then so did Santa Nick.  If that's why he's on the show, good job to production for recognizing that he's a better candidate than any of Rachel's men.

The more I think about this, the more I suspect Jorge's "entrepreneurial" endeavors are phoney-baloney, and he's sitting back with his feet up, and a nice chunk of change in his bank account for leaving his bar quietly to make way for Wells. Fleiss and his goons saw that BIP is good place to test drive potential leads (after they jumped on Nick last year), and probably put some thought to how they could get Wells onto the show, but keep him from getting engaged while there.

It probably required a little thought on their end, and the sacrifice of Jorge, but now Wells will be there, front and center, consoling and being super emotionally intelligent (like Nick was last year, but not like Taylor thinks she is). By the end of BIP, Bachelor-nation will be saying Peter who? I'm all for it. 

• Love 8

Re: Ashley I's need for

makeup rehab, I thought that the moment I saw her makeup mirror/suitcase full of makeup last year:

ashley-makeup.png?w=700

and it seems she hasn't gotten any "better".

6 hours ago, ByTor said:

Why did she ask Derek if he was "dancing?"

I believe this was a ref. to one of the women (was it Jasmine?) referring to her 'vagina dancing' when she is with someone she is attracted to. This issue last popped up (sorry...) with Evan who last year noted that now was not a good time for him to get up from lounging with Carly.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

Except that he's young enough to be my son, if I was in the market for a dude and 25 years younger, I'd totally be into Diggy. I think he's smart and super cute. 

There's something about Taylor (maybe immaturity and self- righteousness) that makes me want to slap her. I'd be sad if my son dated her.

These people are my kids' age (ish) - and all I can think watching this is that their parents must be so proud (not). 

I agree with all of this. I love Diggy ,,,well spoken and good looking. I also have a 23 and 25 year old son- they would run from these girls.

What has Diggy been doing or saying that people are liking him so much?  I thought he was cute and stylish on Rachel's bachelorette season but he didn't really seem to do or say anything on that show.  I thought he was cute and stylish on Rachel's bachelorette season but he didn't really seem to do or say anything on that show.   Did he bring all of his shoes?  I haven't been watching yet. I'm still on the fence about getting involved in this part of the franchise. I don't know any of the guys that weren't  on Rachel's season. Or any of the women. I  have been hoping to get to know some of the men on Rachel season who were not featured by having one to one dates.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

It's no secret that a lot of sexual assaults don't get reported because people are afraid of the judgment that will come along with it or being labelled a liar. For someone who is trying to emotionally cope with such a traumatic experience, having to deal with those other factors certainly won't make the healing process any easier for them. Considering that Raven piped up in the context of Chris bringing up the issue of slut shaming, I took Raven's comments to mean that she hopes that public reactions like what came out of the Corinne/Demario saga contribute to the fears which would keep victims from speaking their truth and seeking the justice they deserve. 

This would make sense if Raven was supportive of Corinne but from what I understand she was not and even said something to the effect of doubting Corinne's credibility on social media. Anyway I'm thinking about this way harder than I should.

5 hours ago, Teddybear said:

Yeah, I don't either (Raven).  She looks like a man in a wig.  And I'll always remember her as the one who caught her fiancé in bed with another woman and stabbed him with a stiletto.  

That makes me like Raven more. Which means I probably have more red neck in me than I like to admit. On the keeping your cool side of things, a friend of mine walked in on her husband and another woman. She turned on the lights, pulled a chair close to the bed, and told them to stay right there because they were all about to have an interesting discussion. 

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Kira53 said:

What has Diggy been doing or saying that people are liking him so much?  I thought he was cute and stylish on Rachel's bachelorette season but he didn't really seem to do or say anything on that show.  I thought he was cute and stylish on Rachel's bachelorette season but he didn't really seem to do or say anything on that show.   Did he bring all of his shoes?  I haven't been watching yet. I'm still on the fence about getting involved in this part of the franchise. I don't know any of the guys that weren't  on Rachel's season. Or any of the women. I  have been hoping to get to know some of the men on Rachel season who were not featured by having one to one dates.

Part of it is probably still goodwill from Rachel's season. He's a nice looking young man, I like his aesthetic, and from what I've seen of him, he seems soft spoken, humble, and intelligent, which are characteristics I like. Or maybe he's just less of a narcissistic and vapid idiot than the rest of these people, and so he looks amazing in comparison. 

Also....

Iggy: Nip it in the butt.

Dean: Nip it in the bud.

So I give Dean points for that.

• Love 3

LOL that so many of us caught Iggy's nip-it-in-the-butt remark. Yeah, Dean is pretty bright, and pretty. But that's about it IMO, now that BIP is showing another side of him. That, plus as someone else said, his hair cut really is pretty ... well, RIGHT, and I don't mean "correct" right. That's all I can see now when I look at him. Plus his intro gags me, him spitting the water out, knowing what must be IN that water. Nasty.

• Love 1

Now that Dean has apparently let Christina go I've been thinking and wondering what it would be like if Alex from Rachel's season came on. They are both Russian so I think they would relate in that regard. I loved him on Rachel's season. His fun and playful side would be perfect for BIP. I"ve not heard anything about him being a part of the cast but one could always hope.

• Love 7

Alex would have been so much fun on this show. Despite his occasional manbun, I loved him.

I can see  why Rachel liked Matt so much- he seems like a great guy. Too bad Jasmine has gone crazy on his ass. The break definitely hurt the momentum for some of these couples. 

I just cant with Taylor's voice, but I think Corrine was worse. So glad we don't have to be subjected to her nonsense. 

Edited by twoods
  • Love 5

I can't tell is Jasmine is putting it on with the cray because she got attention for it on Nick's season, or if that's really a thing.

My impression of Alex was he didn't take himself too seriously - but again, who knows?

• Love 2

Diggy  (Kenneth Moreland) got his nickname because someone told him they liked his digs (meaning his clothes.)  His favorite movie is "The Devil Wears Prada."  He says he has had problems drinking too much in the past.

Glamour mag asked him what would be a deal breaker in a relationship and he said:

"One, me not being able to shop. If me not being able to shop is a deal breaker, we can end that right there. Me spending too much on whatever is definitely a deal breaker if you’re gonna try to limit that."

He owns over 300 pairs of shoes.

For me there's a point where materialism quits being just a normal part of our world, and starts being immoral, and he crosses it.  So does Rachel's  $100,000 ring.    Sorry, to each his own, but it's just how I feel. Diggy would be the last one of these guys I'd choose.

• Love 16
59 minutes ago, JudyObscure said:

Diggy  (Kenneth Moreland) got his nickname because someone told him they liked his digs (meaning his clothes.)  His favorite movie is "The Devil Wears Prada."  He says he has had problems drinking too much in the past.

Glamour mag asked him what would be a deal breaker in a relationship and he said:

"One, me not being able to shop. If me not being able to shop is a deal breaker, we can end that right there. Me spending too much on whatever is definitely a deal breaker if you’re gonna try to limit that."

He owns over 300 pairs of shoes.

For me there's a point where materialism quits being just a normal part of our world, and starts being immoral, and he crosses it.  So does Rachel's  $100,000 ring.    Sorry, to each his own, but it's just how I feel. Diggy would be the last one of these guys I'd choose.

I see your point. Can you imagine being married to him? So his (I would imagine) expensive clothes and shoes would come before say needing a new fridge or providing for the numerous things a child would need? He needs to grow up. His materialism would be a deal breaker for me.

Edited by yorklee2
  • Love 9

Yeah, Diggy is cute but his deal breaker is my deal breaker. Unless he is very rich and has a McMansion, there's no reason for someone to own 300 pairs of shoes. It's not like you will wear all 300 anyway. Even if you wear one pair a day, that means you will only wear it once a year, which is dumb as heck. So it also means he's a hoarder and doesn't like to throw things away.

Edited by waving feather
  • Love 7
10 hours ago, thejuicer said:

This would make sense if Raven was supportive of Corinne but from what I understand she was not and even said something to the effect of doubting Corinne's credibility on social media. Anyway I'm thinking about this way harder than I should.

Raven and the cast didn't choose sides. They simply told their truth from that night which was consistent with one another and it also happened to vindicate Demario. Naturally they defended Demario because the accusations went against all that they understood from that night and therefore felt that the accusation was unfair and untrue. With someone's character on the line and with an accusation so severe, if you know it to be untrue and you can speak up to clear that person's name, then in good conscious you should do it.  Raven clearly stated that her defense of Demario was not intended to be a slight against Corinne and how could it? The version of events that Demario denied happened didn't even come from Corinne. At best, you can say that Demario and the cast inadvertently called the producer a liar, NOT Corinne.

And of course Corinne is not a credible source. Corinne admitted she remembered nothing from the night and what she knew was only what was told to her. Raven mentioning Corinne's credibility is not putting Corinne on blast, it is only reminding people of what Corinne has already admitted - she has no clue what happened. The worst thing Corinne did in this situation was call herself a victim (because without knowing all of the facts, calling yourself a victim insinuates that someone is responsible for victimizing you) and yet even in that, the cast didn't believe that came from Corinne but rather a lawyer wrote it for her and told her to release it. I think it's clear that the cast doesn't hold the drama against Corinne or Demario and I think Raven even said that she felt bad for both sides because they neither one did anything wrong and yet they still had to go through the public drama because of the incident.

• Love 10

I knew about Diggy's shoe habit from his Rachel days, but I'm on BIP for the shallow only, so I pick Diggy as my BIP squeeze for the duration. He's not wearing any of those 300 shoes here, and I'll dump his ass as soon as someone better shows up. I mean, this is BIP, so why not?

• Love 9

Lacey (WHO???) CRYING over not getting a date card was driving me INSANE. Does she realize that if she did receive a date card, she'd only have the guys in Paradise to choose from? Either you're into one of them or you're not. If you're into one of them, go TALK to him AT THE RESORT. There is literally nothing else to do but interact with one another. You don't need a freaking date card, it only changes the venue. GAH!! 

Alex annoys the F*CK out of me. I couldn't stand him on Jojo's season, and he's seemingly only gotten worse. He's just...ugh, such a douchebag.

• Love 14

What a snooze-fest. I skipped the "other" weddings, watched most of the Evan and Carly wedding (but somehow missed the naked flautist? When was that?). Then the sit-down began and I was done. Did anything remotely interesting happen in the last half? Did anyone go home?

2 hours ago, yorklee2 said:

I see your point. Can you imagine being married to him? So his (I would imagine) expensive clothes and shoes would come before say needing a new fridge or providing for the numerous things a child would need? He needs to grow up. His materialism would be a deal breaker for me.

Yeah, that would be a deal breaker for me as well. How old is this guy and what does he do for a living? If you're young and making lots of money, fine if you want to blow all your money on shoes (not smart for the future, but your choice), but priorities need to change once you start making a life with someone else and moving toward the future. 

Other than that, I have zero opinion on Diggy because we've been shown next to nothing from him. He certainly doesn't seem all that motivated to speak to any of the women, so I'm not entirely sure what he's doing there. Granted, there might not be anyone there who interests him at this time, but he's not going to be around long enough to see the next crop of people if he doesn't make an effort to get a rose. He never seemed to show much initiative in talking to Rachel either. 

Part of it is probably still goodwill from Rachel's season. He's a nice looking young man, I like his aesthetic, and from what I've seen of him, he seems soft spoken, humble, and intelligent, which are characteristics I like. Or maybe he's just less of a narcissistic and vapid idiot than the rest of these people, and so he looks amazing in comparison. 

Or he's just benefitting from his lack of screen time. The old adage of "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and to remove all doubt" could be at play here, similar to how a popular character from one season becomes less and less beloved once they're made the lead and we see more of them. 

Raven and the cast didn't choose sides. They simply told their truth from that night which was consistent with one another and it also happened to vindicate Demario. Naturally they defended Demario because the accusations went against all that they understood from that night and therefore felt that the accusation was unfair and untrue. With someone's character on the line and with an accusation so severe, if you know it to be untrue and you can speak up to clear that person's name, then in good conscious you should do it.  Raven clearly stated that her defense of Demario was not intended to be a slight against Corinne and how could it? The version of events that Demario denied happened didn't even come from Corinne. At best, you can say that Demario and the cast inadvertently called the producer a liar, NOT Corinne.

From what I recall of Raven's comments, this is correct and I have no problem with her sharing her perspective from being there. The whole thing was handled so poorly with such a lag time between the story breaking and the actual investigation of the footage, for which there is really no excuse. There was nothing stopping the production from checking out the footage and making the determination that they finally did, but there were weeks of speculation that DeMario was a rapist, so good for the cast members who did speak up to try to diffuse some of that.

The more I think about this, the more I suspect Jorge's "entrepreneurial" endeavors are phoney-baloney, and he's sitting back with his feet up, and a nice chunk of change in his bank account for leaving his bar quietly to make way for Wells. Fleiss and his goons saw that BIP is good place to test drive potential leads (after they jumped on Nick last year), and probably put some thought to how they could get Wells onto the show, but keep him from getting engaged while there.

It probably required a little thought on their end, and the sacrifice of Jorge, but now Wells will be there, front and center, consoling and being super emotionally intelligent (like Nick was last year, but not like Taylor thinks she is). By the end of BIP, Bachelor-nation will be saying Peter who? I'm all for it. 

Eh, I'm not excited about the prospect of a Wells season, he's better suited to a background position, IMO. I remember his awkwardness with JoJo and I just can't envision him taking center stage. I also recall not really liking him by the end of last year's BiP, but I can't recall the specifics anymore.  

Lacey (WHO???) CRYING over not getting a date card was driving me INSANE. Does she realize that if she did receive a date card, she'd only have the guys in Paradise to choose from? Either you're into one of them or you're not. If you're into one of them, go TALK to him AT THE RESORT. There is literally nothing else to do but interact with one another. You don't need a freaking date card, it only changes the venue. GAH!! 

My only memories of Lacey from Nick's season were not positive, she came across as needy and jealous. From a purely shallow perspective, she's probably the least attractive of the women and I felt like Iggy's attention was something of a 'low-hanging fruit' grab. Iggy seems to lack confidence to attract someone on his own merits (for example, his choice to be a gossipy friend/protector to Rachel rather than try to win her over by being himself), so it seemed like he set his sights on someone who was less likely to be fought over. 

Which admittedly sounds awful, but that was how it struck me. Especially since he couldn't be bothered to distinguish whether it was her grandpa or grandma had died when retelling the story.

Edited by ljenkins782
  • Love 3
On 8/16/2017 at 1:44 AM, tvguru94 said:

I'd be in favor. Best part of the episode was him asking Kristina about Putin and accusing her of rigging the election. 

I would agree with you if it weren't for the brief but so very appreciated montage of Daniel being the "whole package."

I noticed that both Jared and Ashley were at the wedding but didn't seem to be there as dates or sitting next to each other... hm. I know he was never really into her, but he seemed to lead her on in the past (sending flowers, being her wedding date, etc).

I hate men who decide that after they've treated a girl like a human and didn't have their feelings reciprocated, they should have just been a dick all along and she would have fallen all over herself. Shut up, Alex. Fuck guys looking for excuses to be assholes and justify why any woman wouldn't want them.

I also find Diggy to be the most attractive guy there, and hey, it's a hookup show, who cares about his shopping habit when you're just making out on a beach?

I never saw footage from Jason and Molly's wedding before and thought the downpour during the ceremony was actually so romantic. Unlike Carly and Evan's tacky reality TV wedding. I was hoping Chad would show up to crash the reception.

Dean has gone down in my books (and Kristina is such a catch!), but I did like that he was the only one who seemed to smirk at being asked for consent at continuing on the BIP "journey". It was such a joke. However, I do not get why he or Matt are jeopardizing their chances of getting a rose literally the day before a ceremony. Just fake it for another 24 hours!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, twoods said:

Alex would have been so much fun on this show. Despite his occasional manbun, I loved him.

Maybe they didn't want to have to worry about cleaning piss out of the pool.

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, ljenkins782 said:

Especially since he couldn't be bothered to distinguish whether it was her grandpa or grandma had died when retelling the story.

Also, when he told the story and the others were saying "Wow, that sucks", his contribution was more or less, "Yeah, it sucks, I just lost my rose!"

• Love 8