Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: Week 1, Night 1

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Kbilly said:

YES! If she has so much money why does she not spend it at a fantastic hair salon? Her hair always looks horrible. Also, she lives in Miami, has a Spanish-speaking nanny and the only Spanish word she knows is "map" from watching Dora the Explorer? This girl. I hate how the show is so "Ohhhh this horrible thing happened and it's so horrible that we have to give it a two-episode arc PLUS an exclusive post-interview" a la everything Chad. 

I swear Iggy was telling others that Lacey's grandMA died, not grandPA. And could he have cared less about her? It was all about him staying, it was as sick as his armpit stains.

I do not care about Jasmine at all.

Raven's comments on Robby's 12 pack and "stop working out" and that he was prettier than her were great.

I had to rewind this scene because I couldn't believe that just after Lacey tells him her grandfather died, he tells the others that her grandmother died. I sounds like she thinks she will be back, and if so I hope she finds out how much he cared about her and her loss. If a guy is that insensitive/tuned out when he is trying to impress you, it is downhill from there. But I agree that he only cared about getting her rose. 

I don't know many of the people on this season, but rolled my eyes at Amanda being back. Third time is the charm? Seems like she has scared most of the guys off by this point. Her poor kids - guess being in the spotlight is way more important to her than they are. Mind you that was obvious from her first shot at the Bachelor. 

Love the idea someone had upthread that Daniel should  bartend with Wells. That would be a hoot - he gives the best advice. Lol. 

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

Or is that Dirk Diggler?

BWAH!!!!

Did I mishear the conversation between Corinne and DeMario about where they are from?  C:"I'm from New Jersey" (I wonder when they moved to FL, BTW) D:"Me too!"  C: "Are you?"  D: "Yeah, I grew up in Brooklyn"  Is there a Brooklyn NJ?

I didn't watch a full episode or even a partial episode of either The Bachelor or The Bachelorette this year yet I watched last night's BiP all the way through.

For someone who thinks that highly of her intelligence and education, Taylor sure has an annoying teen girl upspeak.  She sure has beautiful curly hair, though.

Jack Stone's job is Jack Stone!

Alex "commentating" at the pool with Demario and Corinne in the background was perfect. 

So happy to see Ben Z! I would have been talking dogs with him!

Chris Harrison snarking at Robby's hair TO HIS FACE. (paraphrasing) "Yeah, you can touch my hair. It moves"

Dean looks a bit like Chris Soules when they smile.

Fun group this year. Please keep Ashley I and Jared away.

Edited by kazza
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I have to agree with her . I'm not attracted to guys with 6 packs who technically look perfect . It does nothing for me 

I thought that was funny too  

I found him kind of ridiculously good looking. But I often feel last to know on looks bc even though everyone was going on about his hair- to me it looks so similar to all the other guys. It was his eyes and just overall hotness that drew me in. 

Look my name here is after my dog  (Knox) and even I snoozed with Ben's inability to stop. There is interest but there is overkill. By the way- mine is  a  pit rescue, black has in certain sunlight the sheen shows a bit of her gray, red plaid collar but she had the cutest....bored yet?  Kind of like Fight Club. This is the first night. You have to fight. Be interesting!

Im surprised at the attention to Raven too.   Especially considering what I could not believe how pretty Kristina was. Damn! I thought she was gorgeous during Nick but this is supermodel level.

ole Wells is the DJ on one of my local stations and he's so non-interesting at it it's  unreal  I like him and do find him hot but he's a real snooze fest.  Let's hope he's better as bartender!  

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, ByTor said:

BWAH!!!!

Did I mishear the conversation between Corinne and DeMario about where they are from?  C:"I'm from New Jersey" (I wonder when they moved to FL, BTW) D:"Me too!"  C: "Are you?"  D: "Yeah, I grew up in Brooklyn"  Is there a Brooklyn NJ?

It did sound like Brooklyn, but he may have said Brooklawn, which is a town in NJ. But I think he actually said "my parents are from" Brooklyn/Brooklawn, which makes it even stranger... But editing monkeys may have gotten ahold of that one; maybe his parents were from Brooklyn but they moved to Jersey and raised him. ??? Who knows! It's like a reverse "Who's dis?" with the "girlfriend"--going from not claiming relationships to over-claiming hometowns.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, JenE4 said:

It did sound like Brooklyn, but he may have said Brooklawn, which is a town in NJ. But I think he actually said "my parents are from" Brooklyn/Brooklawn, which makes it even stranger... But editing monkeys may have gotten ahold of that one; maybe his parents were from Brooklyn but they moved to Jersey and raised him. ??? Who knows! It's like a reverse "Who's dis?" with the "girlfriend"--going from not claiming relationships to over-claiming hometowns.

I certainly heard Brooklyn and thought he was just trying to make an "instant connection" as if everyone in the NYC tristate is "from the same place"

On 8/15/2017 at 10:12 AM, dleighg said:

Demario said he was here to "find the next Mrs. Jackson"

Was he married before? I'm too lazy to google it.

I thought he was referring to the OutKast song-- I'm sorry Miss Jackson...that video is definitely worth googling even if you don't like hip hop, the animals are so cute and amazing in it. Mr. Owl, the cat and the dogs

Edited by Bellalisa
adding link
  • Love 3
On 8/15/2017 at 10:37 AM, Gregg247 said:

Did anyone notice that Amanda said she tried to join an online dating site just for "celebrities", but she was turned down? LOL  I'm glad to see that even a website so shallow as to focus on dating celebrities has some type of minimum standards!

The funniest thing was how offended she seemed by the fact that they didn't consider her a celebrity! She and Robby would be a match made in fame-whore heaven. When Raven was saying she can't date a guy who is prettier than her, I was thinking Amanda sure wouldn't have a problem because she doesn't think anybody is prettier than her.

I really wanted to see a slow tear roll down Chris Harrison's face when Amanda handed him that ring and hear him go, "I've been waiting 13 seasons for this moment..."

Robby speaks like he's Matthew Mcconaughey. What was with telling Raven it's been "a hot minute"? A hot minute since what? Since you first saw her on Bachelor? Since you've been looking for someone? Since you both were born? He was just spouting off catchphrases and it was hilarious.

I would totally hang out with Alexis, but she missed her true calling with Jersey Shore. I hope she and Daniel hit it off.

So help me, Taylor and Derek are adorable together. And I'm no big fan of either of them.

Corinne drives me nuts. I can't stand to listen to her slur inane things all episode. I'm so glad she (I'm hoping based on her lack of a staged intro clip and fact that she sued the franchise) won't be coming back. Although I was very happy to hear she was going to give her rose to Vinny since he's a good guy. Vinny needs to stay. Loved him kicking a lamp in his intro clip.

Matt was so hilariously wasted by the end of that drag date. I just imagine the queens back there funneling champagne and shots into him until he was inebriated enough to walk on stage.

My favorite editing bit which cracked me up was Jack Stone telling Danielle that she wouldn't want to be the first to die on the island, followed by her giggling, followed by a straight cut to him giving her a deadly serious expression.

• Love 4
On 8/14/2017 at 9:12 PM, LittleCabbage said:

Not sure why Raven seems to be the designated 'catch' so far. I always thought she looked a little greasy and a little sleazy, somehow.

Yes, "a little greasy" is right.  I think the hairline has something to do with it, but I'm not sure why that would summon greasiness.  But she often reminds me of Teresa Guidice, who I also think looks greasy.

On 8/15/2017 at 4:51 AM, TomGirl said:

I'm not on the Dean love train.  He's ok, but not all that attractive to me. 

To me, he looks like a cross between Brandon Walsh and Chris Soules, which equals not attractive to me.

On 8/15/2017 at 5:16 AM, hyacinth said:

Dean already seems like he couldn't carry a full Bachelor show on his broad shoulders.   He's a nervous giggler.   

Maybe that's why he reminds me of Chris Soules.

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, dleighg said:

I think Danielle is very pretty and natural looking. But why does she talk like a pre-teen?

She has THE most annoying vocally fried voice I have EVER heard on this show and believe me that is saying a lot! I can't even understand what she is saying her voice trails off so low into frogland I had to turn on the closed captioning.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Bellalisa said:

She has THE most annoying vocally fried voice I have EVER heard on this show and believe me that is saying a lot! I can't even understand what she is saying her voice trails off so low into frogland I had to turn on the closed captioning.

Her voice is annoying to listen to, but I'm not sure her's is necessarily just some vocal-fry affectation like the others.   At least not entirely.  My voice gets hoarse sometimes when I'm nervous.  Especially when I was younger, if I was doing public speaking or a job interview or was just nervous for whatever reason, I would be fine beforehand but then all of a sudden sound raspy and kind of lose my voice once I start talking.  To me she's always sounded like she may have the same problem.  And maybe tries to cover it up by talking in that wispy, higher-pitched voice.

• Love 1

I hate Kristina, it´s not anything that she´s done, I just decided when the episode started that Raven and Dean were my perfect dream couple and she ruined that beautiful vision :( They were even into each other before she pounced. Kristina seems okay as a person but I´m not seeing her as especially beautiful, but I guess we all have different tastes... Raven and Dean though are both close to 10.

Raven is obviously the Jade of this season, and the Amanda (from back when she was first on - she is too sad now to say anything more about her)

Ben had one of the best lines I´ve ever heard "I´ve got a puppy at home that I miss so..." I don´t remember it exactly but it was very amazing. I´m a cat person, so if I was him I would have probably said exactly the same only with a cat instead of a dog. If Raven can´t have Dean then I´m fine with her and Ben.

I don´t remember most of these people... I couldn´t remember Taylor before she mentioned her problems with Corinne. I couldn´t stand Taylor on her season but since she´s Corinne´s original enemy then she kind of deserves a tiny little bit of respect for that.

Diggy is so cute, I wish the ladies were more into him.

I couldn´t remember Wells, but when I started reading this thread it came back to me. He´s one of the most gorgeous guys ever on the bachelorette.

• Love 2
On 8/18/2017 at 3:43 AM, hyacinth said:

I read in an article that Alex is 5'7".    That's doesn't seem short to me, or at least short enough that the group on BIP would keep mentioning it.   How shallow are these people, exactly?   (Hypothetical question only. :-))      It's like middle school run wild.    

On 8/18/2017 at 4:00 AM, ljenkins782 said:

I wonder if that's the height Alex tells people he is (the shameless way some men lie about their height as if we can't see its not true kills me, lol). He looks like he's about 5'2" 

I'm not sure why there is so much made of Alex's height.  I think Wells is only an inch taller than Alex.  I think it's because Alex irritates people, he has such an oversized ego.  Wells is chill.  I do think this set-up as bartender is promoting him for the Bachelor.

• Love 1

Alex has the Napoleon complex of overcompensating for his height by acting like Big Man on Campus. It basically accentuates the fact he's not the tallest guy around. He could be 6'4" and his attitude would annoy people so much they'd probably call him Big Foot or something. It's not his height they are making fun of so much as picking on the easiest thing about him to make fun of because they don't like him. They are basically a bunch of high schoolers on their senior trip and they are going to prop themselves up by picking on the insecurities of others. I love this little social experiment. It's so twisted.

• Love 7

I so laughed when Amanda spoke about trying to join her celebrity dating site.  However, I was then saddened by the thought that she actually thinks that she is a celebrity.  Yeah, I don't think the men so far are interested in her beyond her rose.  I also think that they don't want to immediately be part of a social media family with her daughters.  She really needs to lose the extensions as it's pretty obvious where her hair ends.  She would also look a bit younger without the extensions.

I loved all the bromances.  I think that a lot of Rachel's men only agreed to be on this show so that they could hang out with each other.  I also think that even during Rachel's season many of them enjoyed being with each other more than being with her.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

I loved all the bromances.  I think that a lot of Rachel's men only agreed to be on this show so that they could hang out with each other.  I also think that even during Rachel's season many of them enjoyed being with each other more than being with her.

Reminds me when the final 5 or 6 were sitting around on couches and Rachel walks in. They were clearly comfortable with their just "hanging out" and Rachel more or less yelled at them to get up an hug her :)

• Love 1

Jasmine is just gross. 

On 8/18/2017 at 8:24 PM, Mu Shu said:

Thanks anyway.  I love the way you work it.

is there a girl named Ziggy?

I feel like Dinesh D'Souza.  Who ah dees pipple? 

I think her name was "Iggy"