Type keyword(s) to search

Larry & Jenny: Not Good Enough for the Pilot

• Start Topic

Watching them on What Now?  or Now What?  Jenny seems like a very sweet good girl.  But what the hell is wrong with Larry?  His family seems normal and his mom is very sweet and welcoming to Jenny, but he is a special kind of stupid.  Jenny deserves better.  Larry deserves a love match with Danielle.

• LOL 3
  • Love 3

I know Jenny didn't just say that people in the Philippines do not live in RVs. They should be so lucky.  Sweetie, you were sleeping on a dirt floor under a rock.   So, based on your former living arrangements, a RV is akin to a mansion.  So shut it. 

• Love 6
12 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Larry just posted on youtube on larryandjenny channel that he was a fool to buy the RV with plans to drive all over and now his plan is to buy farmland and park the RV there and build a house.

I wish him luck. Larry, you have a nice wife, give her a nice stable home in one place. You are a lucky guy considering the crap we have seen on this show. 

• Love 1
(edited)

“...it’s like the acopalis...or sumthin...”. No Larry, I think the BIG WORD you’re thinking of is apocalypse. Jesus Christ, is he really that stupid? Their segment on Quarantine tonight bummed me out. Jenny’s living the dream (not) in a trailer park, singing sad ass karaoke to fat Fucks morons who tool around during a pandemic without masks. I hope it was worth to her. I mean, she has to actually fuck this moron. He’s like  mentally stunted or something. The pointing at the laundry sign and running his finger across the plastic sign...it’s amazing he’s even alive at this point.

Edited by gingerella
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

But McDonalds saw fit to promote him to manager.  Living the Florida dream.  They do seem to like each other though, which is more than many couples can say.

Actually you can make a decent living as a fast food manager.  It's hard work but people can make a living.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, blubld43 said:

Actually you can make a decent living as a fast food manager.  It's hard work but people can make a living.

I was responding to her saying that he is dumb not saying anything about his income.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

But McDonalds saw fit to promote him to manager.  Living the Florida dream.  They do seem to like each other though, which is more than many couples can say.

I don't see a lot of drama there and that is good. 

• Love 6

Which season were these two originally on? 

Just watched the episode of Diaries that features them and wow....life is bleak for them, but they do seem to be committed to each other and Jenny is working hard alongside Larry. I do wonder how long she will stick it out----although, given her deadfish personality and average looks, I don't know if there are a lot of better prospects hanging around to steal her away. I hope they do make it....he continues to strike me as a bit simple minded, but decent. Given their dire financial circumstances, I wonder how much they actually have been able to help her family back in the Philipines. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I was pretty concerned about Larry and Jenny after their last youtube video which was months ago. The last video had Jenny going to her first day of work at Walmart. Then they were asked to leave the RV park (over a dog walking dispute?) and they could not find another place to put the RV or any affordable apartments (I can believe this FL rentals have been hard to find and gone up so fast in price). They said they were going to pack up and go to TX , where his son lives.  I had wondered what happened. It looks like they will be on 90 day diaries this week.  I have heard people saying Jenny might have got a transfer to  a Walmart in TX.  

I wonder what will happen to that swamp land that Larry spent so many hours trying to clean and level himself in FL? Will Jenny ever get a home to live in. I know TX is not cheap to live in these days either but between Walmart which should be $15 a hr so 30k a year and Larry as a manager of a Mcdonalds , 40-50k? They should be able to find a 2 bedroom starter home somewhere on 70-80k a year? I just want to see Jenny get some small home. 

• Applause 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 5/15/2022 at 12:39 AM, silverspoons said:

It looks like they will be on 90 day diaries this week. 

Their episode is already up on demand for my provider....I think it is one that also features Colt and Tania. I didn't follow Jenny and Larry on youtube, so I didnt' know the background you posted. The episode picks up with them packing to move to TX....and I won't spoil it further. I do hope that they are able to build a stable life in TX, I think she still appreciates that she found a decent, stable man even if he isn't the brightest bulb or have a lot of $$. These are two that I hope are cashing in a bit on cameo. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Their episode is already up on demand for my provider....I think it is one that also features Colt and Tania. I didn't follow Jenny and Larry on youtube, so I didnt' know the background you posted. The episode picks up with them packing to move to TX....and I won't spoil it further. I do hope that they are able to build a stable life in TX, I think she still appreciates that she found a decent, stable man even if he isn't the brightest bulb or have a lot of $$. These are two that I hope are cashing in a bit on cameo. 

This was last week's show on TLC.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Thanks for letting me know. I wish the diaries would list everyone in the episode. Sometimes I see the thumbnail and say not them again thinking it is another episode of someone we have seen enough of. Larry also posted it was next week. He is not the sharpest tool but he tries. 

Their youtube has some interesting videos that if you ever have a minute are worth a look. It is too bad they did not post regular videos, I think they could have made a little steady money. The videos Larry shoots at Mcdonalds, behind the scenes are funny. He has a million dollar idea to make a better food product or he shows us why Mcdonalds grease is so good.  I just wish they had some social media guidance or manager or whatever others use. They have a video of good to get some food and at the end there is a 45 second clip of Jenny getting baptized in the ocean. I would have loved to know more. Did she convery to a faith? Was this part of a journey? 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, silverspoons said:

Thanks for letting me know. I wish the diaries would list everyone in the episode. Sometimes I see the thumbnail and say not them again thinking it is another episode of someone we have seen enough of. Larry also posted it was next week. He is not the sharpest tool but he tries. 

Their youtube has some interesting videos that if you ever have a minute are worth a look. It is too bad they did not post regular videos, I think they could have made a little steady money. The videos Larry shoots at Mcdonalds, behind the scenes are funny. He has a million dollar idea to make a better food product or he shows us why Mcdonalds grease is so good.  I just wish they had some social media guidance or manager or whatever others use. They have a video of good to get some food and at the end there is a 45 second clip of Jenny getting baptized in the ocean. I would have loved to know more. Did she convery to a faith? Was this part of a journey? 

I have only ever seen their original episodes but I really liked both of them, they seemed really sincere and no major issues or annoyances.  He seems a little slow but sweet and genuine, glad they're still together.

• Love 4

Larry finally posted 2 new videos on their channel. The first one was a 4 minute catch up on the last 6 months, is was kind of interesting to catch a quick glimpse of their day to day lives in small city TX. I am glad to see even though he could not work with his son, they still seem to have a good relationship and he loves his grandkids. 

The next video I teared up. Jenny and Larry finally get a home, they have dreamed of a home, and I think most fans would be happy to see Jenny out of the 5 wheel. The home was barely mentioned in the video. The day they got the home, Larry's 16 year old dog died. I will admit I am not a dog person. Larry's videos are simple but Ill admit could kind of feel what he felt, with the last 48 hours of the dog's life. Then he tells us he got a home and we see him digging the grave. 

I am glad the have a small, home, a fixer but it is a home they owned. My guess is his son helped him find a deal. Jenny also got her first car. They had been sharing a beater old car since she got here.

This will show you how crazy the real estate market is. If you have followed Jenny and Larry, He bought a piece of land in FL when they married, that was right by the train tracks and was thick and overgrown and he spent over a year and could not get it buildable. Plus it was right by the train like wave to your train out your window, closer then honey boo boo was.  He made a decent profit selling it,the market is up, enough to buy a  home, used car and some land in TX. 

• Love 4
On 5/25/2020 at 10:05 PM, gingerella said:

Jenny’s living the dream (not) in a trailer park, singing sad ass karaoke to fat Fucks morons who tool around during a pandemic without masks. I hope it was worth to her. I mean, she has to actually fuck this moron. He’s like  mentally stunted or something. 

I think Jenny's clever enough to be fully aware of her situation.

I agree with you that Larry is a very dim bulb. In fact, his bulb is almost out. But maybe Jenny looked at her home situation and figured life in America, such as it is, and decided her life is far better than what she had.

If she can make a future with this man who loves her, and treats her well, and she doesn't have aspirations to be filthy rich, she will be fine, and may even thrive

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 1
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Chalby said:

I think Jenny's clever enough to be fully aware of her situation.

I agree with you that Larry is a very dim bulb. In fact, his bulb is almost out. But maybe Jenny looked at her home situation and figured life in America, such as it is, and decided her life is far better than what she had.

If she can make a future with this man who loves her, and treats her well, and she doesn't have aspirations to be filthy rich, she will be fine, and may even thrive

I still remember her saying that he treats her nice. She probably had men who didn't. I don't think a lot of people realize how important it is to some women to just have a guy who treats them good, food on the table, a roof over their heads and just peace. 

• Love 7
On 9/1/2022 at 6:34 AM, libgirl2 said:

I still remember her saying that he treats her nice. She probably had men who didn't. I don't think a lot of people realize how important it is to some women to just have a guy who treats them good, food on the table, a roof over their heads and just peace.

This 100%! I also don't think people realize what a nightmare her life prospects were if she had stayed in the Philippines. I don't think any of us can fathom it....Someone above mentioned "she has to actually fuck this moron." She may have decided it was better to have to fuck a moron that doesn't have a whole hell of a lot of money but cares for her, treats her decently well (doesn't beat her or cheat on her) and provides a roof over her head rather than stay living in squalor and potentially turning to sex work where she would surely fuck a LOT of morons for pennies and stay living in a slightly better level of squalor than she left. Ditto for another couple on the franchise, David and Annie. 

• Applause 4
  • Love 1
33 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

This 100%! I also don't think people realize what a nightmare her life prospects were if she had stayed in the Philippines. I don't think any of us can fathom it....Someone above mentioned "she has to actually fuck this moron." She may have decided it was better to have to fuck a moron that doesn't have a whole hell of a lot of money but cares for her, treats her decently well (doesn't beat her or cheat on her) and provides a roof over her head rather than stay living in squalor and potentially turning to sex work where she would surely fuck a LOT of morons for pennies and stay living in a slightly better level of squalor than she left. Ditto for another couple on the franchise, David and Annie. 

I would think a moron could not manage a fast food restaurant.  Rebecca did it and for all her flaws she doesn’t seem like a moron.  I think Larry is a slow talker but that doesn’t mean he’s dumb.  

• Like 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I would think a moron could not manage a fast food restaurant.  Rebecca did it and for all her flaws she doesn’t seem like a moron.  I think Larry is a slow talker but that doesn’t mean he’s dumb.  

I don’t know anything about managing a fast food restaurant but I’ll bet it’s more complicated than it looks. Staffing alone is a pain in the ass since it’s gotten so much harder to find and keep low wage employees. There’s probably a lot in terms of inventory and ordering and a shit-ton of health and safety regulations you have to adhere to. I’m thinking it’s hard work and long days for not great pay, plus dealing with difficult people all day.

• Applause 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Another plus is how kind and accepting his family seemed to be. His mother was very sweet and helped with the wedding. His son was surprisingly emotionally intelligent and kind. No yelling, gold digging, green card accusations etc like most of the folks on this show.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4
On 9/2/2022 at 2:58 PM, MrBuhBye said:

AGree 100%.....slow talker, awkward with women, but not a moron. I was quoting a previous post by someone in this thread.....

On 9/2/2022 at 5:16 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Another plus is how kind and accepting his family seemed to be. His mother was very sweet and helped with the wedding. His son was surprisingly emotionally intelligent and kind. No yelling, gold digging, green card accusations etc like most of the folks on this show.

Yes, I think this was a first....it was just a family happy that their father/son found someone to love and love him in return and wished him well. I mean, one could argue well Larry didn't have any gold to dig but even in those situations we have seen family and friends act like just getting to breathe in the USA is SUCH a privilege they MUST have ulterior motives apart from love (remember Kyle and Noon and his drunk mother?)

• Love 3
17 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

AGree 100%.....slow talker, awkward with women, but not a moron. I was quoting a previous post by someone in this thread.....

Yes, I think this was a first....it was just a family happy that their father/son found someone to love and love him in return and wished him well. I mean, one could argue well Larry didn't have any gold to dig but even in those situations we have seen family and friends act like just getting to breathe in the USA is SUCH a privilege they MUST have ulterior motives apart from love (remember Kyle and Noon and his drunk mother?)

Yeah I know it wasn’t you who said that.

• Love 1
On 9/2/2022 at 1:23 PM, Stuckathome said:

There are also cultures were people don't necessarily marry for some grand romantic love, but for someone who treats them "nice" and provides a roof over their head, security and little drama. His family, being as nice as they are, is a special bonus. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
On 9/6/2022 at 11:02 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Yeah I know it wasn’t you who said that.

That would be moi, thank you. I stand by 'moron'.. when I looked it up 'simpleton' was listed as a synonym. To me, Larry is a simpleton, he reminds me of a Forest Gump type, he's just mentally off. He cannot speak in complex sentences and seems to struggle with anything other than very basic ideas when he communicates. He is also delusional, coming up with ideas and plans with absolutely no way to implement them. And he seems unabke to hold down a decent job. His son gave him a golden ticket and if course he screwed that up, I was not surprised at all. So my comment was saying I don't know how someone has sex with a guy who seems to have the IQ/EQ of a child, that seems...uch. That said. I also realize Jenny was looking for a better life and Larry was who offered her a way out of life in her village. And if he is kind that might be way more than whatever her home propects were. 

Screenshot_20220907-223140_Samsung Internet.jpg

9 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Larry WAS married before. He also has a few very intelligent children. I wonder what his first wife was like?

The only clue is religious maybe? Larry said they got together young and it did not work out but they lived close to each other so the boys could go back and forth and see whatever parent they needed and to attend church. Not school, not sports but church so it must have been important.

I also wonder if Larry who was a lifelong Mcdonalds employee until recently and also had his boys work their with him, if that also lit a fire under them. It might have made them see, if I dont go to college , military, get a skill, I will be at Mcdonalds when I am 40 like my dad?

• Useful 2
On 5/16/2022 at 1:34 PM, silverspoons said:

They have a video of good to get some food and at the end there is a 45 second clip of Jenny getting baptized in the ocean. I would have loved to know more. Did she convery to a faith? Was this part of a journey? 

Given that 80% of Filipinos are baptized by the Catholic Church as infants and as a rule they don't rebaptize a conversion or a sort of religious dual citizenship by Jenny is about a sure a bet that exist in the world 

5 hours ago, Raja said:

Given that 80% of Filipinos are baptized by the Catholic Church as infants and as a rule they don't rebaptize a conversion or a sort of religious dual citizenship by Jenny is about a sure a bet that exist in the world 

As you said, there would be no need to re-baptize an adult Catholic simply because she moved to another country. It was probably  some born again Christian baptism.

I felt bad for Larry's son....it is an awkward spot to be in. As the boss/supervisor, he doesn't want his other employees to think he is giving his Dad a break or not holding him to some sort of standard. At the same time, he knows his Dad is in a tough spot and needs the work, isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and maybe hasn't ever done this type of job before. Previous posts indicated Larry was a manager at a corporate Mcd's location (not franchise) and that those locations actually have decent salaries and benefits. He wasn't ringing up big macs at the drive thru, he was a manager, so he must have SOME people skills. 

I am sure it was hard to fire him. Whatever shortcomings Larry had in the past, his adult kids still seem to like and respect him and I think that says a lot. This is one couple i hope actually makes it. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Like 3
  • Love 2