Type keyword(s) to search

Larry & Jenny: Not Good Enough for the Pilot

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Meowwww said:

Off topic but I love me a good Big Mac.  

I would never admit this to people I know but men like Larry really turn me on when they hand me my hamburger and fries from the drive thru window lol!  Seriously, I park my car and eat my dollar menu burger and fries like some one is going to take it away from me, next blue moon I will be seeking out Larry or someone like him to satisfy my need. LOL!

I am surprised that Larry who has contact with about a zillion customers a day could not find some nice local woman to date...someone who does not mind his lack of game. 

• Love 4
7 hours ago, DVDFreaker said:

I do not know but in my opinion, Jenny deserves better just like Katrine, I can not believe they both said yes to their marriage proposals....

I know!!! They had a chance to cut bait and run but in reality they both know the benefits of accepting the proposals from their marks. 

Did I see right, Paul's ring box was a rose?

Didn't Paul take a boat to get to Karine when he arrived and now it's just a taxi ride to the airport to fly home?

Sean brought a ton of merchandise to Haiti for Abby to sell (suddenly the two of them are in business together?), only to find out she is also in business with Chris as well and Sean still is talking marriage, Sean is an idiot!  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Didn't Paul take a boat to get to Karine when he arrived and now it's just a taxi ride to the airport to fly home?

He flew out from Manaus.  Kreeny has to find the bo-doc to get back to where she she lives.  Since most flights out are red eyes, I hope Karine was kept safe for the night.

i just screamed nooooooooo when he did the thing with the hair.....ugh

• Love 4
13 hours ago, alegtostandon said:

If I were a man, I would have great concerns if a woman who I loved & want to marry said "Men don't make me cry, I make men cry." . 

How many men has she made cry and what has she done to  drive them to tears?

She made men cry when they realized they would spend their retirement in poverty after blowing their entire 401k chasing Filipino Cupid.  Larry will be in tears soon enough. 

• Love 3
On 10/29/2017 at 3:59 PM, Lemons said:

The ones I hate are the old guys who think they are owed a beautiful young girl because they are American. 

I'm not sure that old is worse than clueless, stupid, tiny, skinny, poor, ignorant and dressed like a 5-year-old.  Then ice that cake with his aversion to sex!  He's no different than any old guy who is looking for a woman who is out of his league and possibly a lot worse.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He flew out from Manaus.  Kreeny has to find the bo-doc to get back to where she she lives.  Since most flights out are red eyes, I hope Karine was kept safe for the night.

i just screamed nooooooooo when he did the thing with the hair.....ugh

did you know that during the victorian age women would wear lockets and brooches with locks of their love one's hair in them....i have one of my ancestor's locket.  gross i know...the mother's hair ewe!

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ScarlettRuby said:

I'm not sure that old is worse than clueless, stupid, tiny, skinny, poor, ignorant and dressed like a 5-year-old.  Then ice that cake with his aversion to sex!  He's no different than any old guy who is looking for a woman who is out of his league and possibly a lot worse.

I think you're thinking of Paul. 

16 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I know!!! They had a chance to cut bait and run but in reality they both know the benefits of accepting the proposals from their marks. 

Did I see right, Paul's ring box was a rose?

Sean brought a ton of merchandise to Haiti for Abby to sell (suddenly the two of them are in business together?), only to find out she is also in business with Chris as well and Sean still is talking marriage, Sean is an idiot!  

Sean really need to cut his losses and move on, Abby will never get away from Christopher

On ‎10‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 11:40 PM, DVDFreaker said:

Sean really need to cut his losses and move on, Abby will never get away from Christopher

Especially since she doesn't want to get away from Chris!

• Love 4

I could not believe when Jenny told Larry, "Men cry for me." Oh please! Don't flatter yourself! All I could think was men cry because they slept with her. 

Larry, get out while you can.  IMHO, Jenny is using Larry & acts like a spoiled brat.  She's ugly, too. 

God have mercy on that poor pig:  DISGUSTING. 

On 10/30/2017 at 9:37 PM, sainte-chapelle said:

Larry is a dork and very socially awkward but I believe he tries to be anice guy and will treat Jenny well.

Yes.  Of all of these guys I find him to be almost endearing, in a way.  I like him.

It is hard to believe he's - what? - ten years older than Jenny.   Other than the bald pate he has a young way about him and I'd guess him to be much younger than he is.  Jenny could do much worse.   

Of all of these couples this is the only pair I see working out -- and that's still a rather big "maybe."  I hope they last, anyway.  The best case scenario would be that Jenny does come to America with Larry.  It would also be nice to find that she and Larry's cousin's wife mend bridges and become friends despite the wife's initial reservations about Jenni and Jenny's defensive reaction.

• Love 4

Did anyone else notice that when Jenny was talking to Larry's cousin and his wife, she lapsed into this broken English. I mean, her English is not perfect, but she does speak fairly well. However, when Skyping, she disintegrated into, "Why no like me?" Actually, her sentences were worse than that. I wouldn't even call most of them sentences.

Then later, when she laid into Larry, she expressed herself quite well!

I know that sometimes it's more difficult to speak a foreign language when the conversation is stressful/argumentative. (Hence, Jesse's misspeak about "a small glass of wine." I don't think he would really be that restrictive with a woman he didn't consider to be an alcoholic, but I digress...) However, her speech wouldn't have deteriorated that much!

I think it was a manipulative tactic.

Watch out, Larry! Boy, oh boy, is your life going to change when you get this one home.

On 11/1/2017 at 9:12 PM, 90df said:

I could not believe when Jenny told Larry, "Men cry for me." Oh please! Don't flatter yourself! All I could think was men cry because they slept with her. 

Exactly. Men cry for her because of the burning sensation on their genitals.

I'm not the first one to say that.

• Love 2

While I'm new to the magnificence that is the 90DF franchise, may I say, a few weeks in, that Larry is like a titan of industry...a model of adult adjustment...and an almost movie star compared to the male perps on these shows, including on regular 90DF. He has a job, and it is over-the-table and professional. He lives on his own and pays taxes. He doesn't want to live off his SO or her citizenship. He's neither a nitpicky little beech; a sad, dilapidated old case; someone who's prevented from seeing his children, or his children hate him; a liar; a kinkster or a criminal (as far as we know); a moocher; a Hitler Youth type; etc. 

If anything, I fear for him because he's seems sweet, nice, and modest, even though he has quirks (who of us doesn't?). I hope Jenny has come to see that as well. I really  have no idea why he felt he had to go to the Philippines to find a relationship. Maybe his restaurant hours were too long, his severe anxiety issue too much, or his cousin suggested it. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 6

Larry is a sad sack in many regards, but compared to some of the guys on the new 90 day season, he’s looking like the cream of the crop. He’s a decent guy who wants someone to love him, not a skeevy, dirty old man or someone looking for a trophy or someone to lord over. Sure he’s shy and needy and nervous, but he’s basically harmless.  Jenny could do far worse than Larry and she probably knows it.

• Love 6
On 10/4/2017 at 4:19 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm from a British family, so calling people, "love", is no big deal.  You would call the lady at the pharmacy counter, "love", and it's no big deal. It just means you are being warm and friendly.  It has no romantic, familial, or close friend implications, unless that's already understood. 

Poor sad sack Larry probably thinks it means something.  Jenny probably uses it not to mix up the names of her suitors. In the U.K., anyone congenial would be referred to as "love", but poor Larry thinks it's because he's special.

However in the Philippines it is the opposite, the honorifics sir/ma'am or less formally big brother/sister, uncle/aunt would be used  for the clerk.. The use of any unique pet name, it may be unusual or something easy like beautiful or love is a sign to everybody else that those two are a couple, stay away already taken.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Raja said:

However in the Philippines it is the opposite, the honorifics sir/ma'am or less formally big brother/sister, uncle/aunt would be used  for the clerk.. The use of any unique pet name, it may be unusual or something easy like beautiful or love is a sign to everybody else that those two are a couple, stay away already taken.

Good to know., as I’m not too familiar with Filipino culture. Worked with many Filipinos over the years and they were all very nice people.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MrHufflepuff said:

I just tried Lechón from a Filipino fast-food place, and it was delicious.  Maybe even decadent.  

When you're looking really stupid

On Filipino Cupid,

Diarrhea-r!  Diarrhea-r!

When the lechon's cooked just right,

You'll refuse to take a bite,

Diarrhea-r!  Diarrhea-r!

• Love 3
On 11/14/2017 at 3:11 PM, Forum member said:

When the lechon's cooked just right,

You'll refuse to take a bite,

Diarrhea-r!  Diarrhea-r!

I am happy to report that I did not get diarrhea-r from the Lechón. 

ETA:  The Lechón I had looked similar to this:

Lechon_Kawali.jpg

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 5
On 9/15/2017 at 10:48 PM, Nowhere said:

Yeah. A 401K that he gave up for a woman he doesn't know. 

That was my take as well. If he is doing so great - enough where he feels a need to defend himself - why is he traveling across the world to marry someone he doesn't know? You mean to tell me the USA has NO WOMEN good enough for him? I personally feel that these fellows who seek women from certain cultures are definitely wanting control over the woman and they are willing to pay for it.

• Love 3

Larry has lost his mind. He quit his Mcdonald's job and is selling everything he owns to move into an RV and drive across America, and he thinks he can earn a living posting youtube videos about it.  Jenny's dream, undoubtedly, is to have a nice house and kids.  She doesn't want to spend 24 hours a day cooped up in an RV with Larry, he will drive her nuts.

• Love 7

PUTZ!

"I have always wanted my YouTube channel to be famous.  I haven't made any videos yet."

He is what my grandfather would of called a meshugana.

An empty YouTube channel should be famous right?    According to Larry and his 1/4 lber brain.

• Love 4

Can't wait for his eventual GoFundMe page so all of his "fans" can pay for the gas for his RV since he has clearly not thought about how much fucking gasoline one of those things takes just to get himself to the Florida state line from ol' Pineapple Park. 

(My grandmother used to address mail to us at "Pineapple Park, FL" and our mailman always had a laugh.  "One of the nicer things I've seen Pinellas Park referred to while delivering mail...")

• Love 6

I think he said that first he is going to travel around that part of the Far East with Jenny. Is he perhaps on the phone in that video with a producer from 90 Day Fiance? Has he any history of manic episodes? I don't see how he'd make any money putting up videos on YouTube unless he is paid at the same time for being on 90 Day Fiance. I have a bad feeling about this. It's not like he has had anything interesting or (intentionally) funny to say, and his nasal and often childlike delivery is grating. He sounds awfully cavalier about getting back into the restaurant business, I presume at the same level, any time he wants. If Jenny wanted some kind of broke-a** hobo, she wouldn't have to come to the U.S. and marry Larry, she can get that at home (see also: Annie). It reminds me of that episode on "Seinfeld" where Kramer and Newman steal a mail truck and set out for MI to return bottles for 5c deposits.  

"Everybody's a dreamer, everybody's a star, everybody's in showbiz, doesn't matter who you are." -- The Kinks

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Tuneful said:

I think he said that first he is going to travel around that part of the Far East with Jenny. Is he perhaps on the phone in that video with a producer from 90 Day Fiance? Has he any history of manic episodes? I don't see how he'd make any money putting up videos on YouTube unless he is paid at the same time for being on 90 Day Fiance. I have a bad feeling about this. It's not like he has had anything interesting or (intentionally) funny to say, and his nasal and often childlike delivery is grating. He sounds awfully cavalier about getting back into the restaurant business, I presume at the same level, any time he wants. If Jenny wanted some kind of broke-a** hobo, she wouldn't have to come to the U.S. and marry Larry, she can get that at home (see also: Annie). It reminds me of that episode on "Seinfeld" where Kramer and Newman steal a mail truck and set out for MI to return bottles for 5c deposits.  

"Everybody's a dreamer, everybody's a star, everybody's in showbiz, doesn't matter who you are." -- The Kinks

He may want to call Jason Hitch and see how pinning your hopes on 90DF being a spring board to entrepreneurial fame works out. He has kids to support. Ass. 

• Love 4

Roaming the country in an RV?  I would think that in order to apply for the 90 Day visa one would need a fixed address, proof of residence etc..Jenny should cut bait and run.  How would him running around the USA in an RV be helping contribute to raising his kids financially and being present in their lives?  

There has got to be a name for this very permanent 90 Day disorder, no common sense with any of these people.

BTW, I love my husband and know what it is to live with him 24/7 and as much as I do love him being trapped in a confined place like an RV would give me murderous thoughts after a week or two.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Roaming the country in an RV?  I would think that in order to apply for the 90 Day visa one would need a fixed address, proof of residence etc..Jenny should cut bait and run. 

Good point, my guess is the fiancee visa has already been approved, and it can't be revoked it the financial sponsor later loses (or quits) his job.

• Love 2
On 11/25/2017 at 2:06 PM, gavinmac said:

Good point, my guess is the fiancee visa has already been approved, and it can't be revoked it the financial sponsor later loses (or quits) his job.

It is just the temporary visa. He has about three years to get his stuff together before she could adjust her status to permanent resident. Or she might be ordered to return to the Philippines. Now never being able to actually marry, even if she divorces him. Unless he initiates a divorce against her, or dies. The Philippines being the last place on earth you can't divorce unless it was to a Muslim man under Sharia Law.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, gavinmac said:

Why would she be ordered back to the Philippines? Also, I think she would be adjust her status a lot faster than that.

Your right, it has been a while I meant to say have her conditions removed from the temporary adjustment from fiance to married, for permanent residence 10 year green card.

• Love 1

I am ashamed to admit that I watched that video and I'm sure on my deathbed that's 3:08 that I'm going to wish I had back. To be honest, on my deathbed I'm sure I'll wish I had ALL the minutes I've spent watching this shit show back.

Anyhoo, that video solidifies for me that Larry is mentally and emotionally stunted. I wont go the usual route of saying he is Aspergersy, but something aint right in Ye Olde Noggin with that dude. He is mental in every sense of the word. And it seems like Jenny sees this clearly and is distraught, but not enough to call off this charade.  If it's possible to have negative zero game, that's Larry. The way he talks is like a 10 year old with some vague notion of sex but not really a clue. The way he tries to kiss Jenny is always cringe-worthy. The way he does ANYthing for or with Jenny is always cringe-worthy. I cant really imagine this guy impregnating anyone unless they took control of the situation, he's that clueless. And now, I must brain bleach myself after typing that out. Sorry...

• Love 3

Compared to the parade of losers on this season's regular 90 Day Fiance and Before90D, Larry is Master of the Universe. He has a career, a home, and savings; doesn't drink to excess, do drugs (from what we've seen), come on to other women, or live off other people; maintains a good relationship with his kids and cousin; isn't a criminal, that we know of; and treats Jenny like a queen (as best he can). Yes, he has limitations (who doesn't), and he wouldn't be for me, but I like him, and I hope Jenny appreciates him. Unfortunately he's got a harebrained idea going for their future lately. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 5
On 11/24/2017 at 3:45 PM, gavinmac said:

Larry has lost his mind. He quit his Mcdonald's job and is selling everything he owns to move into an RV and drive across America, and he thinks he can earn a living posting youtube videos about it.  Jenny's dream, undoubtedly, is to have a nice house and kids.  She doesn't want to spend 24 hours a day cooped up in an RV with Larry, he will drive her nuts.

Larry posted a new video showing his first trip in the RV.

• Love 3

Man, I have let ALL y'all down.  I was just down in Pinellas Park earlier this week visiting friends/fam.  I even went thru a McD's drive thru for my Let Me Have This, I Don't  Drink Coffee diet coke.  I mentioned to my friend later that evening what a huge missed opportunity for me to not ask if that was "his" McD's or at least drive around a little more (YOU NEVER KNOW. I COULD HAVE FOUND HIM.).  She rolled her eyes and said "Good God not you too."  I guess her coworker was obsessed with finding Larry and telling him to get his shit together.  

Me: Why am i hanging out with YOU this whole time and you haven't introduced me to your coworker yet?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Man, I have let ALL y'all down.  I was just down in Pinellas Park earlier this week visiting friends/fam.  I even went thru a McD's drive thru for my Let Me Have This, I Don't  Drink Coffee diet coke.  I mentioned to my friend later that evening what a huge missed opportunity for me to not ask if that was "his" McD's or at least drive around a little more (YOU NEVER KNOW. I COULD HAVE FOUND HIM.).  She rolled her eyes and said "Good God not you too."  I guess her coworker was obsessed with finding Larry and telling him to get his shit together.  

Me: Why am i hanging out with YOU this whole time and you haven't introduced me to your coworker yet?  

I thought he'd quit his job to go on the road with Jenny.

TBH, I've been tempted to drive past the place where Josh (current season) is said to work . . . even though I would never approach him or anyone that I've seen on a show like this.  Although I probably would stop if I saw the storage unit mascot in Kentucky . . . just to ask if he were David Tobo.

• Love 2
41 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

@AZChristian  Yeah I think he did quit his job.  But the possibility of asking someone who worked with him... SO. MANY. QUESTIONS. might have been just appealing enough to me that I'd have ordered french fries for 4 hours just to find out what was "real." 

Perhaps I have too much free time. 

Nah . . . I'd have been sitting right there at the table with you, with my own list of questions.  LOL.

• Love 2
On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, gavinmac said:

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 0:45 PM, gavinmac said:

Larry has lost his mind. He quit his Mcdonald's job and is selling everything he owns to move into an RV and drive across America, and he thinks he can earn a living posting youtube videos about it.  Jenny's dream, undoubtedly, is to have a nice house and kds.  She doesn't want to spend 24 hours a day cooped up in an RV with Larry, he will drive her nuts.

Isn't driving across America in an RV supposed to be something you do when you RETIRE?  When you've worked your whole life and socked away money to enjoy yourself.  Hey Larry, I think you missed a step somewhere.  Your potential wife is expecting the American dream....maybe a steady job with benefits might impress her more.

• Love 5

Larry's dreams seem interesting in a pathological sort of way. He is so freaki'n clueless on so many fronts.  He mentions Brunei but that's it...like a parrot mentioning a place. (Hello...Larry, you can't take a bus from there to the Philippines!) He wants to fly First Class to Manila? Hello...First Class airfares from LA to Manila are around $10K. I watched the episodes of Larry in the Philippines. He knew nothing about the country and the culture. If he is so desperate to marry a Filipino, you'd think he'd google the country or get his ass to a library and read up on it.  He was a total fool in front of her family...a total fool.  I don't think to this day he fully realizes how offensive he was to Jenny's family.  It's hard to judge Jenny. If it's only the green card...there are so many other men she could hook up with. Larry doesn't need 90 Day Fiance. He needs Dr. Phil to hand him over at the end of a show kicking and screaming to a security guy to transport him to one of those brain-scanning rehab centers.

Edited by Aquaman55
grammar
  • Love 4
On 11/24/2017 at 1:45 PM, gavinmac said:

I got one minute in and had to stop it.  Didn't this moron have two sons that lived with him?  Who  does he think wants to watch him drone on about his journey in an RV? 

• Love 2