Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Drogo

Larry & Jenny: Not Good Enough for the Pilot

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Miss Chevious said:

That and the candy, we can't forget the candy. And of course the Walmart special ring. 

Given that Daya complained endlessly to Brett about a diamond with a slight flaw, that sapphire/emerald ring may not go down well.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

This woman looks older in person and it's so obvious she's using him for money. She may not even care about getting to the states.

Why are so many couples on a show called 90 day fiancé, when most of them haven't even committed to the relationship or even talked about the possibility of marriage? Can I apply to the show and just find someone in a country I want to visit? These people don't even know each other. It seems like maybe there were auditions and the producers selected who they wanted to get together. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/19/2017 at 11:40 AM, Nowhere said:

This woman looks older in person and it's so obvious she's using him for money. She may not even care about getting to the states.

Why are so many couples on a show called 90 day fiancé, when most of them haven't even committed to the relationship or even talked about the possibility of marriage? Can I apply to the show and just find someone in a country I want to visit? These people don't even know each other. It seems like maybe there were auditions and the producers selected who they wanted to get together. 

This is a variation of the regular 90 Day Fiance... hence the title "Before the 90 Days"... this is a show that shows people in relationships/"relationships" leading up to the potential of a proposal that initiates the K-1 visa process. 

In a few weeks, season 5 of the normal 90 Days Fiance show will start, and that will show couples who are currently engaged.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
57 minutes ago, locomoco said:

This is a variation of the regular 90 Day Fiance... hence the title "Before the 90 Days"... this is a show that shows people in relationships/"relationships" leading up to the potential of a proposal that initiates the K-1 visa process. 

In a few weeks, season 5 of the normal 90 Days Fiance show will start, and that will show couples who are currently engaged.

I know but you'd think they'd find people who have actually Skyped and talked a lot. I'm sure there are other couples out there who have "fallen in love" but still haven't visited in person, like Sean and Abby or the neurotic one and the Amazonian. But it makes no sense to follow people who don't even know each other, like Jenny and the guy with chocolate, and Gumby and the model from Spain. Those couples haven't even committed to each other and didn't even know whether or not they were being catfished. Oh and Patrick and Myriam - she even has a boyfriend. That's how little he knew about her. The other couples all seem like they are open to the strong possibility of an engagement before the 90 days. 

Sorry I'm drawing a blank on names. That may have been a confusing post.

Edited by Nowhere
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The majority of the people on this show are not in any type of relationship with the other person. Abby pretty much let it slip on social media that she’d met a nice guy from FL and was going there. Not to Sean. Cortney said she was drunk & high the entire time she was filming because she got talked into doing the show. She barely knows Antonio. Jesse and Darcey met at a fashion gala and she talked him into going on the show for publicity for both of them.

It’s not about love. It’s about PR and money.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

Cortney said she was drunk & high the entire time she was filming because she got talked into doing the show.

Where did she admit this? I must have missed something, lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Reading theses posts about how fake the couples are makes me think the producers told Larry to say he has wiped out his IRA for Jenny because honestly if buying a plane ticket wipes out your IRA that is pretty sad.  If he has been sending money to that woman, well then he is a fool. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Reading theses posts about how fake the couples are makes me think the producers told Larry to say he has wiped out his IRA for Jenny because honestly if buying a plane ticket wipes out your IRA that is pretty sad.  If he has been sending money to that woman, well then he is a fool. 

I thought that he said he "took money out" of his IRA, not that he "wiped out his IRA."  He's young enough to build it back up if he just took some out.  He really thinks that Jenny is going to be his wife, so he may think a cash withdrawal from the IRA is a good investment.  Poor, deluded Larry.  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

By now, it is very apparent how this show will be edited and presented. Real couples run the other way and only famewhores apply. 

Larry seems to believe he is legitimately in a relationship here, as does Paul, but to go on this show knowing how it is edited and hearing the past couples talk about the experience, tells me that have a bit of famewhore in them too. Larry wants to produce films, the next one probably being about this experience.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

If Larry really seems like he is investing in a wife, he may want to borrow a little more 401k money for a thorough eye exam because I just rewatched some scenes that showed several pics of Jenny and that's not even the same person.  The pics are very doe eyed anime style with a rounded heart shaped face.  realJenny has an angular face and common eyes...everything about her is common looking.  She's not hideous but she is certainly not innocent and cherub looking at all.  

 

What disturbs me about her is her demeanor.  She is already annoyed and condescending and she just met Love.  She's not happy, giddy, enthusiastic...nothing.  It's like she's worked this room several times already and it's old hat to her...guy, sex, money etc.   Shes no different than the Haitian girl or Mo.  

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post

Hey TLC, I'll pretend to like someone for a month or two if you send me to some exotic location for filming! Turks & Caicos sounds like a place that could definitely convince me to act like I'm in love with some guy that is brought in to play my love interest!

    With that said....Larry Larry Larry....I REALLY hope it's just the way they're editing the show that makes you appear incredibaly desperate and insecure, and you're not really that !! You seem like a kicked puppy that just wants to come lay on the kickers lap! I want to feel sorry for the guy, but he just seems tooooo desperate! Unless you find someone as desperate as you you will never have a lasting relationship! TRUST ME!! Anyone with any confidence and independence is gonna go away quick when the other person acts like that! Act like a man! You're embarrassing yourself and most likely your boys!  You're cute enough and seem like a good catch as far as what you want, but you need to grow a pair!  Pleeeeease man up!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, Cantlookaway said:

Did anyone hear what Jenny just said?? "I want Larry to propose to me because I think I'd have a better life in the United States." Not that she loves him....

I'd be hard pressed to love that candy dropping doofus as well.

It's not like she's lying since she's clearly not the same girl as the pictures.  Larry is too much of a schmuck to notice.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Cantlookaway said:

Did anyone hear what Jenny just said?? "I want Larry to propose to me because I think I'd have a better life in the United States." Not that she loves him....

Keeping it 100

6 hours ago, DamnGina said:

Hey TLC, I'll pretend to like someone for a month or two if you send me to some exotic location for filming! Turks & Caicos sounds like a place that could definitely convince me to act like I'm in love with some guy that is brought in to play my love interest!

    With that said....Larry Larry Larry....I REALLY hope it's just the way they're editing the show that makes you appear incredibaly desperate and insecure, and you're not really that !! You seem like a kicked puppy that just wants to come lay on the kickers lap! I want to feel sorry for the guy, but he just seems tooooo desperate! Unless you find someone as desperate as you you will never have a lasting relationship! TRUST ME!! Anyone with any confidence and independence is gonna go away quick when the other person acts like that! Act like a man! You're embarrassing yourself and most likely your boys!  You're cute enough and seem like a good catch as far as what you want, but you need to grow a pair!  Pleeeeease man up!

Except you'll probably have to sleep with him.  Careful what you wish for!!!  LOL

Share this post


Link to post

Some men try to act like a 'man'. But they still fail as some women don't fall for their crap or are offended that the 'man' sees 'women' as 'wimmin' and that they have a particular role/place in life. Any independent thought is null and void.

Larry needs to deal with his 'stuff' first - and then, he may have a shot at a decent relationship. He is employed, he has a decent job.

In terms of sleeping with one of these dudes, maybe in the dark and lying back and thinking of something - not England. And a good, hot shower.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

Keeping it 100

Except you'll probably have to sleep with him.  Careful what you wish for!!!  LOL

I'll go with the "I'm a virgin and saving it for marriage" line!!

unless of course he's hot!! Lol jk

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Next time my husband asks me a question, I'll just answer with, "Yes, love." like I've taken a bunch of quaaludes.

So, Jenny is a virgin, or just never had sex with any of the previous Americans she's tried to scam? 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, EastCoast4Life said:

Next time my husband asks me a question, I'll just answer with, "Yes, love." like I've taken a bunch of quaaludes.

So, Jenny is a virgin, or just never had sex with any of the previous Americans she's tried to scam? 

The number of "virgins" on this show is really remarkable, isn't it?   So many pure women scamming gullible American men for a green card searching for true love.   

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Desert Rat said:

The number of "virgins" on this show is really remarkable, isn't it?   So many pure women scamming gullible American men for a green card searching for true love.   

Yes, love. 

  • Like 18

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/25/2017 at 9:23 AM, EastCoast4Life said:

So, Jenny is a virgin, or just never had sex with any of the previous Americans she's tried to scam? 

I've haven't seen her claim to be a virgin. She said her ex-boyfriends were American and she didn't sleep with them. She said nothing about not having sex with various Filipino guys from the neighborhood.  There's a lot of premarital sex in the Philippines; many of the women on those dating sites are single mothers.

Edited by gavinmac
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Is Jenny's tell that she adds "love" to the answer to a question when she's lying?

"Do you like the hotel?"

"Yes"

"Did you have sex with any of the other guys you dated online?"

"No, love."

"Did you log into Filipino Cupid one week ago?"

"Yes, love, accidentally."

  • Like 11

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/16/2017 at 1:48 AM, Nowhere said:

Yeah. A 401K that he gave up for a woman he doesn't know. 

Seriously though...how much does a trip to the Philippines cost?  Surely it's not that exorbitant, or maybe he didn't have much in his 401k?

On 9/27/2017 at 9:59 AM, gavinmac said:

Is Jenny's tell that she adds "love" to the answer to a question when she's lying?

"Do you like the hotel?"

"Yes"

"Did you have sex with any of the other guys you dated online?"

"No, love."

"Did you log into Filipino Cupid one week ago?"

"Yes, love, accidentally."

I just cringe there is an actual site called "Filipino Cupid"....love.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
On 9/27/2017 at 9:59 AM, gavinmac said:

Is Jenny's tell that she adds "love" to the answer to a question when she's lying?

"Do you like the hotel?"

"Yes"

"Did you have sex with any of the other guys you dated online?"

"No, love."

"Did you log into Filipino Cupid one week ago?"

"Yes, love, accidentally."

Quite the observation.  potentially brilliant....... Will have to test this when next I watch.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I'm from a British family, so calling people, "love", is no big deal.  You would call the lady at the pharmacy counter, "love", and it's no big deal. It just means you are being warm and friendly.  It has no romantic, familial, or close friend implications, unless that's already understood. 

Poor sad sack Larry probably thinks it means something.  Jenny probably uses it not to mix up the names of her suitors. In the U.K., anyone congenial would be referred to as "love", but poor Larry thinks it's because he's special.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I'm from a British family, so calling people, "love", is no big deal.  You would call the lady at the pharmacy counter, "love", and it's no big deal. It just means you are being warm and friendly.  It has no romantic, familial, or close friend implications, unless that's already understood. 

Poor sad sack Larry probably thinks it means something.  Jenny probably uses it not to mix up the names of her suitors. In the U.K., anyone congenial would be referred to as "love", but poor Larry thinks it's because he's special.

I hear what you are saying but maybe it's the way she says it almost droning on and bored and dead that makes it sound so jarring.like a robot.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, mayvenne said:

I hear what you are saying but maybe it's the way she says it almost droning on and bored and dead that makes it sound so jarring.like a robot.

Her deadened inflection does not help matters.  Some of it is her accent, but even taking that out of the equation, she sounds so bored, jaded, and dead behind the eyes as well.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Her deadened inflection does not help matters.  Some of it is her accent, but even taking that out of the equation, she sounds so bored, jaded, and dead behind the eyes as well.

I really do feel sorry for Larry. His desperation and loneliness make me very sad for him. Despite his obvious flaws, he deserves better than a manipulative, dead fish, Filipino whore.  I think he just wants someone to love him. He just didn't know how to find it. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

I really do feel sorry for Larry. His desperation and loneliness make me very sad for him. Despite his obvious flaws, he deserves better than a manipulative, dead fish, Filipino whore.  I think he just wants someone to love him. He just didn't know how to find it. 

Yeah, I feel sad for him, too.  She just looks like she could chew him up and spit him out.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Larry,

I have to say...I'm very surprised and disappointed to see you posting negativity and especially the picture flipping the bird.  YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS! You seem like a nice genuine person.  Don't let the haters get to you.  Let them hate.  Posting negativity and inappropriate photos can come back to haunt you and even get you fired.  No one needs that.  Haters have no lives; they WANT to get a rise out of you. 

As for Jenny, don't allow her to use you.  You seem like a very nice young man.  If she doesn't want to pursue a relationship, *let her go*.  Worry about & take care of yourself & your children. 

Best of luck to you!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

If Larry was investing his 401(K)   (like he wants to remind us of every freaking minute) why didn't he just go on one of those bride tours?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ok so two things here:

-Can she make it anymore obvious that she wants to move to the US...not that she loves Larry?

-Do none of these people going overseas do any research on local customs.  I get the cuisine may not be what one is used to, but if they made a big deal about you eating, suck it up and eat it.  Don’t not eat it and then be shocked that you offending the freakin’ family.  I got flashbacks of chicken feet...only Jenny’s family wasn’t throwing shade.

Edited by Kat30
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

Dude is an idiot.

You work for McDonald's...I'm going to make a logic leap and think you probably eat it sometimes.

That pig will be the most delicious and fresh thing you may eat in your entire life.

Eat the damn pig.  Dummy. 

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

I'm married to a Puerto Rican and lechon is a treat.  At the time, I wasn't eating meat except for fish, but they knew beforehand and I did partake of the rice and beans and plantains they had for the outing.  Like one poster pointed out, that any town in Florida with a Cuban or Puerto Rican diaspora , lechon is on the menu. I guess Larry's McDonalds palate isn't open to such things.

Seeing how poor Jenny's family was, I would have forgotten about being vegetarian and swallowed a couple of Imodium, and gratefully eaten the pork, knowing it was a great honor and that it cost them dearly. My mouth was watering when I saw it.  

You don't travel to  most countries without Imodium. Larry obviously has little or no sensibilities about anything.  Jenny's family's poverty was heartbreaking. I hope they actually sleep in hammocks at night and not on that hard floor. 

I was pulling for this poor, pathetic zhlub, but I can't overlook his lack of manners to offend a family that has so little.

  • Like 13

Share this post


Link to post

Did the show say that Larry is a vegetarian? I idn't hear that. I heard him say he's not an adventurous eater and was afraid of diareyearr.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

I think that a lot of us are trying to find reasons for Larry to not have eaten the pork without any factual foundation.  On the episode thread there was a lot of discussion about Larry being Jewish until it was remembered that he crossed himself before eating one bite of the pork and that it had never been mentioned that he was Jewish  Now we are discussing the possibility of him being a vegetarian.  I really think we want there to be a logical explanation for his rejection of the meal when in reality he's just inconsiderate of others while focusing on himself and his personal comfort levels.  Even if he was Jewish or a vegetarian, he could have easily eaten the rice that was also on the plate.  Something, anything to be respectful to the family.  And, if there was a dietary reason he couldn't eat pork, one would hope that in the obviously extensive communications (sarcasm) he had with the love of his life Jenny before going to the Philippines that he would have, you know, mentioned it.  Or, is he another person who neglects to communicate anything important as he has to focused on how much he loves her and therefore there is just no time to mention anything else.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
45 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

 Or, is he another person who neglects to communicate anything important as he has to focused on how much he loves her and therefore there is just no time to mention anything else.

Yes, love.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
On 10/8/2017 at 8:19 PM, Arwen Evenstar said:

 

You don't travel to  most countries without Imodium. Larry obviously has little or no sensibilities about anything.  

Early indicator of this was his carry on was a white kitchen trash bag.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×