Type keyword(s) to search

Larry & Jenny: Not Good Enough for the Pilot

• Start Topic

Before_the_90_Days_Larry_and_Jenny.jpg

Discuss Larry and Jenny here!

***All of the couples' threads are spoiler zones, as indicated by the red spoiler tag next to the thread name.  If anyone is looking for spoiler-free conversation, they should stick to the episode threads. 

I fear for this man's heart. He looks like a kicked dog in every bit of footage I saw, although I know it was carefully edited to make him look exactly that way. But that expression of total vulnerability and naivete seemed genuine and also habitual.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Drogo said:

They weren't on the first episode. That's how interesting they must be. 

This is what happens when your tablet cuts off most of the title of threads! To be fair few people could live up the batshit loons that were on the first ep.

• Love 4

Aren't there 2 other couples other than this couple that we haven't met yet? For next week's preview, they showed a blonde lady and a handsome guy, and I remember seeing an African American guy on the season preview. Are there threads for those couples?

Anyone watch "Alone" a season or two ago? Fuckin' Larry was the highlight of the show, he dropped more F-bombs than anyone in history. And that's who this Larry reminds me of, only without the language. Lonely, sadsack, going halfway around the world to find love. He's a McDonald's manager, doesn't he meet plenty of young women? Oh wait... he can't control the conversation via a phone, nor can he check up on them 24/7.

If he knew she was logged into her account a week ago, he had to have logged into his as well. And no, you cannot butt dial a site that requires a password.

• Love 5

I feel sorry for Larry. His son said that he would probably never date again if this doesn't work out. He probably has depression. Many of these people probably do, but he actually seems like he does.

Side-note: Larry reminds me of a bald Lin-Manuel Miranda.

• Love 3

This show just cracks me up. Larry calls Jenny middle of the night her time to ask if she was on the website a week ago? Bahaha  I'd tell him to call at a more appropriate time and hang up on him. I couldn't stop laughing. There's insecure but this takes the cake. 

• Love 10

Calling her in the middle of her nighttime, wanting to know why she had been on the dating site. I could tell he'd been stewing over that for hours.....a week, even! And she is not going to go for him doing that sort of checking up on her all the time. I don't for a second buy her story about butt dialing/logging into the site.

Edited by Major Bigtime
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, Ice Princess said:

This show just cracks me up. Larry calls Jenny middle of the night her time to ask if she was on the website a week ago? Bahaha  I'd tell him to call at a more appropriate time and hang up on him. I couldn't stop laughing. There's insecure but this takes the cake. 

Yes that was hilarious but I was distracted by how many times the word "phones" was uttered.  And guess what, she more than likely was active on the website, duh.  

We have a ring side seat to this mess but I feel for the kids, I always will.

• Love 2

Jenny:  "My phone.. My phone... When you see my phone, you will see."

Translation:  "When you get here I will make sure to have some cleavage showing so you will forget all about this incident."

• Love 12

Just noticed he is on the 90DF fb group. I'm not sure who he was defending his job against. But as long as he's working an honest job and not living in his mom's basement, he shouldn't need to defend himself. 

IMG_3436.PNG

3 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Jenny:  "My phone.. My phone... When you see my phone, you will see."

Translation:  "When you get here I will make sure to have some cleavage showing so you will forget all about this incident."

That's exactly what I was thinking. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

No, he's working as a manager at a corporate-owned location, as opposed to a franchisee-owned location.  It's still a McDonald's restaurant, but he gets good benefits and is paid directly by McD.

There's no shame in the game either way, he makes an honest living.  I wish he wouldn't feel the need to justify it to the 90DF Facebook Jury.

Oh OK, I misunderstood. I thought it read that he's just now started a new job at corporate.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Major Bigtime said:

He's a paranoid control freak. He will never be able to control her, I can tell that already. Shades of creepy Mark.

I agree, Mark was a real creep.  But I don't get the creep vibe from Larry .  Larry is a sad sack with no self esteem.  I think he called her in the middle of the night because he is very insecure, not because he wants to control her.  Needy, yes; controlling, no.

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

Just noticed he is on the 90DF fb group. I'm not sure who he was defending his job against. But as long as he's working an honest job and not living in his mom's basement, he shouldn't need to defend himself. 

IMG_3436.PNG

That's exactly what I was thinking. 

You're right, McDonald's manager is a good job, honest work.  Managing a McDonald's store is a reasonable position. The manager is responsible for all the operations of the store, employees, food, facilities, cash management, budgeting, customer satisfaction, etc.  I respect Larry for his hard work and responsible position.

Don't apologize to anyone, Larry, for the hard work you do..

Edited by Desert Rat
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, Desert Rat said:

I agree, Mark was a real creep.  But I don't get the creep vibe from Larry .  Larry is a sad sack with no self esteem.  I think he called her in the middle of the night because he is very insecure, not because he wants to control her.  Needy, yes; controlling, no.

That's my fist impression of Larry too. I get a different vibe from him than I did from Mark or creepy Paul. 

• Love 4
On 9/5/2017 at 4:20 PM, CofCinci said:

Working for McDonalds corporate is a very sweet gig. It's the best you can do in fast food. Unlike 99% of fast food and restaurant workers, he'll have a pension and stock/401K. Good for him!

Yeah. A 401K that he gave up for a woman he doesn't know. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, checker said:

Larry: "...I dream of being a filmmaker, I have made tons of films, I am on Youtube."

Look it up on YouTube!  Larry Passariello.

Larry, Larry, Larry.  What can I say?  KEEP YOUR DAMN DAY JOB AT MICKEY D'S.  

• Love 3

I went into this thinking Larry was just a sad sack, decent, nice, but a punching bag and I felt sad for him....wished him well.  Was on tenterhooks that samething would come up to skew it and there it is, his passion to be a film maker.  So this is a ploy for exposure.  Dammit.  

Edited by Granny58
  • Love 8
25 minutes ago, Granny58 said:

I went into this thinking Larry was just a sad sack, decent, nice, but a punching bag and I felt sad for him....wished him well.  Was on tenterhooks that samething would come up to skew it and there it is, his passion to be a film maker.  So this is a ploy for exposure.  Dammit.  

Did you watch any of his "films"?   They are the worst. My son make better videos in middle school.  I still think he's a sad sack, though.  A profoundly immature delusional sad sack.  

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Did you watch any of his "films"?   They are the worst. My son make better videos in middle school.  I still think he's a sad sack, though.  A profoundly immature delusional sad sack.  

No, I didn't bother.  The relevant part was that his GOOD job wasn't his dream job (welcome to the human race dude) and he really wants to be a film maker.  Well, what better way to get exposure when yu have no talent than a reality show?  If his storyline is real, I'll be shocked. 

• Love 6

I thought ol Larry was super kissy and handsy at the airport.  Since they are getting married in 90 days I guess that's ok (hahahahahahahaha) but what strikes me is the sheer lack of ability of these people to read other people and match their energy.  It's like a cultural divide in impulse control.  Antonio in Spain was the same way.  They are so wrapped up in their own frenetic energy they lack the ability to empathize with another person.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Miss Chevious said:

That and the candy, we can't forget the candy. And of course the Walmart special ring. 

The candy is for the family.  The family!  It's chocolate for the family.  You gotta get candy for the family.  You know how families are!

• Love 12