Type keyword(s) to search

Paul & Karine: These Condoms Ain't For Sexin'

• Start Topic

Before_the_90_Days_Paul_and_Karine_from_

Discuss Paul and Karine here!

(*Translator app required.)

***All of the couples' threads are spoiler zones, as indicated by the red spoiler tag next to the thread name.  If anyone is looking for spoiler-free conversation, they should stick to the episode threads. 

• Love 3

Some details of his earlier criminal activities are coming out, as well as testimonies from women that he victimized in the past.

It's a shame Sharp Entertainment doesn't do background checks, I literally fear for her life. He is a dangerous maniac. He is NOT mild-mannered.

I hope the US denies her the K1 visa for her own personal safety. If she does come, she needs to immediately  be in contact with a local Portuguese speaker that checks up on her in person regularly. She may have to run for her life at some point.

• Love 5
17 hours ago, Toaster Strudel said:

Some details of his earlier criminal activities are coming out, as well as testimonies from women that he victimized in the past.

It's a shame Sharp Entertainment doesn't do background checks, I literally fear for her life. He is a dangerous maniac. He is NOT mild-mannered.

I hope the US denies her the K1 visa for her own personal safety. If she does come, she needs to immediately  be in contact with a local Portuguese speaker that checks up on her in person regularly. She may have to run for her life at some point.

Seriously? Is it that bad? I saw the arson arrest record but that was it? What else has he done? I think a lot of violent, unhinged people have a vulnerable, even pathetic façade. I had a boyfriend a bit like that a long time ago - a real heart on his sleeve, weepy, emotional type. At first this seemed great - he's sensitive! But then it became clear that he had masses of anger that he kept hidden and a completely skewed view of reality. When I finally left, the police had to have more than one friendly chat with him to get him to leave me alone.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Schadenfreulein said:

I had a boyfriend a bit like that a long time ago - a real heart on his sleeve, weepy, emotional type.

You've got your finger on this situation. Anger, violence, persistent stalking... and underage women. I'm talking to some of the locals and my personal estimate of Karine's chances to have a non-abusive relationship with this guy is ZERO and it may spell the end of the franchise.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Toaster Strudel said:

You've got your finger on this situation. Anger, violence, persistent stalking... and underage women. I'm talking to some of the locals and my personal estimate of Karine's chances to have a non-abusive relationship with this guy is ZERO and it may spell the end of the franchise.

Now that I recall, that guy I went out with also had seemingly no friends apart from his mother (who was also a bit odd - don't know if he kept wads of her hair...*shudder*). Good on you for alerting people local to the situation who may be able to at least look out for her to some extent.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Schadenfreulein said:

Seriously? Is it that bad? I saw the arson arrest record but that was it? What else has he done? I think a lot of violent, unhinged people have a vulnerable, even pathetic façade. I had a boyfriend a bit like that a long time ago - a real heart on his sleeve, weepy, emotional type. At first this seemed great - he's sensitive! But then it became clear that he had masses of anger that he kept hidden and a completely skewed view of reality. When I finally left, the police had to have more than one friendly chat with him to get him to leave me alone.

I don't think it is 'bad'.  He is on shock probation -- 'Scared Straight'-type adjudication.

3 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

I don't think it is 'bad'.  He is on shock probation -- 'Scared Straight'-type adjudication.

The Starcasm Facebook page has posted some other Facebook posts from people who apparently know this person - one or two even grew up in the same neighbourhood. One woman reported that he stalked her to the point where she had to get a no contact order and change her phone number. Somehow, he got hold of that phone number as well and even sent her her own Social Security number - however he managed to procure that. Even worse, she claimed that he had left dead animals on her doorstep. If even part of this is true, he sounds like someone with serious mental health issues. Basically, if I were a young foreign national in a country very far from home where I knew no one and didn't speak the language, couldn't work and had no money, he is not someone I would want to be dependent on. 

• Love 7
21 hours ago, CofCinci said:

It's the tip of the iceberg, he got away with a whole lot more by threatening his victims if they went to the police..

Doesn't Cassia speak Portuguese? Maybe these two should connect.

• Love 1

Under the Adam Walsh act convicted sex offenders are forbidden from importing foreign fiancées unless they get a waiver from the government (waivers almost never given).

Run of the mill arsonists and stalkers and dope dealers face no such prohibition. 

• Love 2
On 8/11/2017 at 11:55 PM, gavinmac said:

Under the Adam Walsh act convicted sex offenders are forbidden from importing foreign fiancées unless they get a waiver from the government (waivers almost never given).

Run of the mill arsonists and stalkers and dope dealers face no such prohibition. 

Exactly, otherwise Danielle wouldn't have been able to import her Tunisian love ratt, nor Jorge his Russian Barbie doll. That's kind of a shame to hear all that about him. He looked like such a sweet kid. I too, was weirded out by his mom giving him that hair...that smacked of voodoo.

• Love 1

After giving up on Happily Ever After because I was either really bored or hated everyone and their stupid storylines, (boohoo, I might pass down the terminal illness known as Tourette's and/or I want my own show) I didn't realize this had started. I tune into what is apparently episode two, saw a woman in slashed jeans two sizes too small manage to get one of her stilettos (at least one size too small) stuck in the escalator and wondered how in the hell she didn't break her ankle, then howled with laughter.

Then Paul appears, and I felt like I had a bucket of ice water dumped over me. I'm quite surprised that the only conviction discovered so far was for the arson, and completely believe the allegations of stalking and harassment mentioned above. I came straight here to check out the scoop because I'm in a love/hate relationship with Reddit at the moment (time sucking black hole). I'm now going to check out the first episode to see if this will be another trashtastic season or an uggggh one, and hope that Paul doesn't creep me out too much. Sean is going to be a problem as it is, but at least his SO is playing him, too. Paul is one mosquito away from exploding.

• Love 4
On 8/9/2017 at 3:26 PM, Hero said:

Is it bad that the word "pathetic" comes up whenever I see him? I feel like people can easily take advantage of him.

after seeing that picture, the word that leapt out first was "pale"... but "pathetic" was a close 2nd.

Edited by locomoco
  • Love 2

I still haven't seen the first episode, but did see the clip of Paul's mom giving him her hair and had a mean thought I came to share. 

Paul probably collects the hair from his targets, and not being able to obtain a clipping he can keep in a little bow, he just wraps them in tissue and his mom thought she would give him some of hers because he likes it so much. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Christina said:

I still haven't seen the first episode, but did see the clip of Paul's mom giving him her hair and had a mean thought I came to share. 

Paul probably collects the hair from his targets, and not being able to obtain a clipping he can keep in a little bow, he just wraps them in tissue and his mom thought she would give him some of hers because he likes it so much. 

That's just creepy, but we may learn later that it's not far off the mark.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, dianagerace said:

I say this about a lot of the people I see on TLC, but this time I really think it's true: Paul has bodies buried in his yard, yes?

This makes me worry for Karine. What if she spurns him? What if she comes to the US and she is abused by him or doesn't like the living arrangements of him living with his mom? There will be hell to pay if she refuses to act like his possession.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

This makes me worry for Karine. What if she spurns him? What if she comes to the US and she is abused by him or doesn't like the living arrangements of him living with his mom? There will be hell to pay if she refuses to act like his possession.

I think the language barrier definitely worked in his favor to disguise his creepiness.

Normal, well adjusted people do not carry a clump of their mother's hair around in a crumpled paper towel.

• Love 20
3 minutes ago, dianagerace said:

Normal, well adjusted people do not carry a clump of their mother's hair around in a crumpled paper towel.

THIS! This just says it all.  

Nor do normal, well adjusted people give their kid a clump of their hair in a crumpled paper towel to carry around. 

I wonder if she's this weird, how many of her son's crimes and misdemeanors has she been complicit in covering up?

• Love 14
12 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I wonder if she's this weird, how many of her son's crimes and misdemeanors has she been complicit in covering up?

All of them. She covers them up and then tells him she's the only one who understands how special and misunderstood he is.

You always know someone is bad news on these shows when they don't even have ONE friend willing to be on camera with them. Where are his co-workers? Where are his siblings? He doesn't even have one friend? 

Edited by dianagerace
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, dianagerace said:

All of them. She covers them up and then tells him she's the only one who understands how special and misunderstood he is.

You always know someone is bad news on these shows when they don't even have ONE friend willing to be on camera with them. Where are his co-workers? Where are his siblings? He doesn't even have one friend? 

Yeah, exactly. Mama Paul knows where all the bodies are buried. Vibes of Norman Bates and his mother.

• Love 5

I dunno.  I get a freezer in the basement vibe from him.  A guy who can't be bothered to learn a few phrases of Portuguese probably isn't going to take the time to bury bodies properly.

Edited by MrHufflepuff
  • Love 16

He's expecting a girl who likely is still a virgin to get a pregnancy test and an STD test?  Even though that's always a good idea, it's just the way he said it that made him sound like a jerk. You've got to be polite about those things and it's not just her that needs to be tested. He doesn't even speak her language or vice versa. 

What about you Paul? You going to be tested for HIV and STD too?  Bet you any money, he got a girl pregnant before or had a scare. 

• Love 11

My mouth dropped open at the STD/pregnancy test.  Way to start a relationship!  I understand she wants a better life in America, but I worry about her if she ends up with him.  He strikes me as a control freak abuser.

Edited by Real Eyes
  • Love 10
3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He's expecting a girl who likely is still a virgin to get a pregnancy test and an STD test?  Even though that's always a good idea, it's just the way he said it that made him sound like a jerk. You've got to be polite about those things and it's not just her that needs to be tested. He doesn't even speak her language or vice versa. 

What about you Paul? You going to be tested for HIV and STD too?  Bet you any money, he got a girl pregnant before or had a scare. 

Did he bring along his own STD and pregnancy tests in one of the containers?  If he didn't bring the tests, where will they find them deep in the Amazon jungle?   And if she fails. . . .

• Love 2
15 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Did he bring along his own STD and pregnancy tests in one of the containers?  If he didn't bring the tests, where will they find them deep in the Amazon jungle?   And if she fails. . . .

Wouldn't surprise me if he brought them. The pregnancy test would be easy and you can get self collection std kits that you mail in and they email you/call you with your results.

• Love 1

I just have to get something off my chest, lol. I hate the term "third world." It's so outdated and offensive to people who live in certain countries. Also, the term doesn't mean what people think it does anyway. Over the last few decades, the term "third world" has taken on a misconstrued meaning and though many third world countries are/were poor, the term was never intended to mean, "poor." By the old standard, Brazil is a third world country, but not for the reasons Paul thinks. He's an idiot, and I kind of hope he gets eaten by piranhas.  

• Love 14
13 hours ago, SoshulMeedya said:

That was my thought, too. Does he suspect her of prostitution? Then again, this is the guy who took hundreds of pounds of crap on his trip to cover every possible scenario, so he might be a germophobe or OCD.

Oh, something tell me germophobic or OCD is the LEAST of his problems!  He makes Charlie Manson look NORMAL.  This dude is a complete SQUIRREL.  He really should have joined Heavens' Gate and gone for a ride on that comet. 

11 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Wouldn't surprise me if he brought them. The pregnancy test would be easy and you can get self collection std kits that you mail in and they email you/call you with your results.

How do they 'post' it? Priiahna express?  Besides, those samples would degrade before they could get somewhere to be examined. 

• Love 8

I was somewhat surprised her sister had braces.

Is Paul actually staying at her house with her & her parents? I'm wondering because she said her father is 'grumpy', presumably about this situation with Paul. Maybe someone there will do their homework & find out more about him.

• Love 1

I'm confused by Karine's story.  She lives in a hovel like house (or so it seems, from the way it's portrayed), has no internet access, or something like that, yet she has belly button piercings, and a cell phone, and takes a pretty mean sulty "kneeling in the water" photo.  All this to say, she seems neither disadvantaged nor without the creature comforts, to me.

On 8/20/2017 at 1:16 PM, dianagerace said:

I think the language barrier definitely worked in his favor to disguise his creepiness.

Normal, well adjusted people do not carry a clump of their mother's hair around in a crumpled paper towel.

I would like to add to that...normal mothers do not give their sons a clump of their hair to carry around.  Unless you're Norma Bates, I guess.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

I'm confused by Karine's story.  She lives in a hovel like house (or so it seems, from the way it's portrayed), has no internet access, or something like that, yet she has belly button piercings, and a cell phone, and takes a pretty mean sulty "kneeling in the water" photo.  All this to say, she seems neither disadvantaged nor without the creature comforts, to me.

Her sister also had braces, which I wondered about.

1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

I would like to add to that...normal mothers do not give their sons a clump of their hair to carry around.  Unless you're Norma Bates, I guess.

It'd be very interesting TV if he pulled out the hair & said "I'd like you to meet my mom..."

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

I just have to get something off my chest, lol. I hate the term "third world." It's so outdated and offensive to people who live in certain countries. Also, the term doesn't mean what people think it does anyway. Over the last few decades, the term "third world" has taken on a misconstrued meaning and though many third world countries are/were poor, the term was never intended to mean, "poor."

Thank you, I actually wanted to leave a similar comment, but didn't have the courage. This term is very political and militaristic.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Gigglepuff said:

I just have to get something off my chest, lol. I hate the term "third world." It's so outdated and offensive to people who live in certain countries. Also, the term doesn't mean what people think it does anyway. Over the last few decades, the term "third world" has taken on a misconstrued meaning and though many third world countries are/were poor, the term was never intended to mean, "poor." By the old standard, Brazil is a third world country, but not for the reasons Paul thinks. He's an idiot, and I kind of hope he gets eaten by piranhas.  

Agree.  The term "third world" is not offensive in its historical/political context. But when used by idiots like Paul who don't know the context but use it to refer to poor people/countries, it is offensive.  Go back to school, Paul.  Learn some history, and a little Portuguese while your at it. Heck, just learning a little Spanish would help.  

• Love 5

I wonder how many issues Brazilians have with people trying to sneak drugs INTO remote areas of their country? Maybe transporting around the country is a problem? IDK. 

The dog alerted on cough drops but not on the pharmacopoeia foot locker?

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Agree.  The term "third world" is not offensive in its historical/political context. But when used by idiots like Paul who don't know the context but use it to refer to poor people/countries, it is offensive.  Go back to school, Paul.  Learn some history, and a little Portuguese while your at it

Well that's just it, isn't it? He's not using the term in proper context at all. Technically, Switzerland, Ireland, Finland, were all part of the third world, non-aligned countries during the cold war. Nowadays, the term is offensive because it does't actually denote any political or military alignment, but is an archaic term that's been "bastardized"  to mean poor. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, locomoco said:

Third world piranhas? First world piranhas would probably say "Gross!"

23 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

Why is Paul talking about getting intimate already? They don't even speak the same language.  What if she's screaming, "You're cutting off my windpipe," and he thinks she's saying, "I just need two more minutes!"

These are both examples of times when PTV needs an "LOL" button.

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, Swim mom said:

To me, third world means poor living conditions, poor sanitation, and questionable water.  All of which describes Brazil. I remember before the Olympics when the athletes were warned about the sewer infested coastline. Brazil had to build some sanitation facilities to get the water to minimum acceptable standards. Even then, WHO issued warnings to the athletes to take special precautions. 

Parts of Brazil are indeed poor, but that is not why it is a "third world" country.  Very generally, the terms first, second, and third world were used during the cold war to describe political alliances.  It just so happens that most third world countries were in South America, Africa, and Asia, which tend to be poorer, less developed countries and why people now think "third world" refers to poorer countries.  

• Love 6

I'm sure they buy their stuff from boats that travel up and down the Anazon as well as get medical/dental services there. There are probably a few stores in the town/city she lives. Internet is just about everywhere now. Charging phone probably comes from solar power as well as some of their electricity.  

She does live in what appears to be a rather sad looking little hovel, but it looks like she also has several siblings as well. There definitely is some dissonance but it's probably a lot easier to get things than get a new house.

• Love 3