Type keyword(s) to search

Darcey & Jesse: Cougar Town

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, poeticlicensed said:

Who wears stilettos to walk around in Europe? It's embarassing  how thirsty she is to get married. How many hints can she drop? He seems so not into her.

Many Europeans.

• Love 1
40 minutes ago, greekmom said:

The ring, the mentioning of FB status, the buildings for weddings and honeymoons. Why doesn't she just get down on one knee and propose to him? So desperate. So sad.

When Jesse brought up her commenting on all his FB posts, I had to chuckle. That was yet another thing he sounded annoyed with. Also, I see that with some of my own friends on FB. They are my age (40's) and I feel embarrassed when they feel the need to 'mark their territory' like that.     

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Bibi said:

This is Amsterdam. Everyone does. By the way she just can't ride. Even slowly

Getting out in the sun and fresh air is great for jet lag. Jesse may have hoped that it would chill her out. And it was a short ride, no hills, etc. I think that Darcy fancies herself as a Lucy Ricardo type. Jesse doesn't appear to want a Lucy. 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Awfarmington said:

Poor thing has to take her make up off before they get jiggy ?. I actually empathize with her there, I would just die of my new boyfriend want to see my bare face lol. My theory is he either wants to see what she truly looks like before commiting, doesn't want make up on his silk sheets or both. 

My husband saw my bare face within two weeks of being together, but I never wore a lot of make up.  I'm in my fifties now, and even go grocery shopping without make up.  Too old to give a damn, but if I do say so myself, I have pretty good skin (no procedures).

• Love 5
51 minutes ago, Real Eyes said:

My husband saw my bare face within two weeks of being together, but I never wore a lot of make up.  I'm in my fifties now, and even go grocery shopping without make up.  Too old to give a damn, but if I do say so myself, I have pretty good skin (no procedures).

46 here.  47 in October.  I rarely wear makeup anymore, and certainly not a full-on face.  I'm much more about taking care of my skin and having it look good naturally.  I am older than Darcey and I think I look at least ten years younger than she does.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Quof said:

There are a lot of reasons I won't let someone I have known for an hour blindfold me.  But none of them are due to my fake eyelashes. 

That really creeped me out. I would have refused it, but I would have covered my eyes. However, I'd have needed a lot more than an hour of race time with someone to even be comfortable with that.

• Love 3

Speaking of false lashes, I HATE the false eyelash trend! It has been taken to such an extreme that it looks clownish. I remember when most women just put some mascara on and called it a day. At least they looked normal.

Don't get me going on the overly done eyebrows either! (I'm looking at you, Jesse)

• Love 17

Jesse looks baffled by her behavior. Baffled. I did some on line dating for a bit. When I was a rookie I would spend WAY too much time and effort talking, texting, flirting, etc. with my potential dates. Honestly it isn't worth too much effort before you are in the same room together - be it pheromones, their photo is 20 years old, they are rude to the waiter, a million things can go South. Jesse is in a fix now because Darcy CLEARLY does not resemble her photos but they have built all of this history and intimacy. He probably thinks that she is a nice person and sweet which she is AND he is stuck with her for six weeks. I would guess that based on his small apartment that he can't afford to put her up at a hotel. And she ain't gonna fly home early of her own accord.

• Love 11

I'm a bit baffled by Jesse. It's like he had no idea who she was before she arrived. Maybe she didn't smack of this much desperation, but she did say their online relationship was 'intense', so she could've been misled. He also seems surprised about not just her demeanor, but her style as well. She's very overdone & he's making comments about preferring a more natural look. Well what was he expecting from what he saw prior to her arrival?

She's right to be concerned regarding their age difference & physical ability. She mentioned being somewhat out of shape & he's obviously very physically fit & active - something that was quite obvious from his pictures, unless she thought he was exaggerating a bit as she might have been.

I was a bit annoyed by his lack of sensitivity to her travels. She just got off a plane, she's jet lagged, & what she thought was supposed to be a relaxed bike ride turned into a tournament. Then again there's her lack of practicality in wearing those heels later that evening. He seemed to want to walk with her since he warned her not to but she insisted on wearing them anyway. He also warned her to just bring one bag & she brings two oversized bags to his tiny apartment.

They've both demonstrated a lack of consideration & empathy toward the other already. It's gonna be a long 6 weeks.

• Love 21
15 hours ago, Real Eyes said:

In my 20s, I found myself worrying about a boyfriend seeing me without makeup on.  That was a wake up call for me.  After that day, I wear only a minimum of makeup (like, eyebrow pencil to fill in my disappearing eyebrows) -- maybe a little mineral powder and mineral blush if I'm feeling like dressing up.    I've also read (don't know if it's true) that most men don't like a lot of makeup on women. I know my husband doesn't. And that's fine by me!

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

I cringe whenever she comes on.  She reminds me of Fran Drescher, the Nanny.

I was most amused by the comparison of Darcey to "a chubby Lily Munster" Yvonne DeCarlo was absolutely gorgeous, so the comparison for me ends with the weird hair part and the ratty long hair they put on her to play Lily.  And the television character was far more endearing as well than annoying Darcey. 

I do think the Donatella Versace comparison is quite accurate. I also had a chuckle about Franny the nanny as well.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, LocalGovt said:

In my 20s, I found myself worrying about a boyfriend seeing me without makeup on.  That was a wake up call for me.  After that day, I wear only a minimum of makeup (like, eyebrow pencil to fill in my disappearing eyebrows) -- maybe a little mineral powder and mineral blush if I'm feeling like dressing up.    I've also read (don't know if it's true) that most men don't like a lot of makeup on women. I know my husband doesn't. And that's fine by me!

My husband doesn't like a lot of makeup either.  

I thinks it's best to be yourself early in a relationship.  Let a man see you without makeup.  If he doesn't like you without makeup then it's not a relationship worth pursuing.  You can cut your loses early.  

• Love 8

If that pilot was from 2010 then in 7 years she has ruined her looks. She was adorable and cute but now she looks like Elvira. No one her age ( or any age) should be wearing extensions that long and dark. The false eyelashes and duck lips make her look so much older. I don't think at 42 you should even need Botox and fillers.

• Love 7
18 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

46 here.  47 in October.  I rarely wear makeup anymore, and certainly not a full-on face.  I'm much more about taking care of my skin and having it look good naturally.  I am older than Darcey and I think I look at least ten years younger than she does.

I'm 47 too! She looks way older than me. I know people age differently, but if I had to guess her age, I'd put her at 52, not 42. The look of her skin is mostly what makes me think it. Maybe she eats poorly and has spent too much time outside.

• Love 5

Puh-leese!  I'm 61 and I look better than she does.  And I don't spackle my face with makeup before leaving the house, either.  Having said that, I'm not in the market for a boytoy, so I can just be comfortable in my skin and attract men of a more compatible age.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peaceknit said:

You should move that info to the Spoiler thread.

I believe this is the spoiler thread. As the red box up top says spoilers next to the topic. 

Edited by LunaMia
  • Love 3
On 8/20/2017 at 9:36 PM, poeticlicensed said:

Who takes someone bike riding right after they get off an overnight flight? Then he pushes her to ride faster? He's a sadist. 

I'm going to guess the whole time they texted/chatted she lied and told him she was into fitness/working out -- so he thought that was something she'd enjoy. 

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 7

Also her hair color is totally too dark for her skin. I just noticed that.  When you get older it's harder to have those dramatic dark hair colors.  Paul McCartney from the era when he was married to that 2nd lady was a good example.  His hair color just didn't match his skin. Nor does Darcey's. She needs a softer brown. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Lucky24 said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Jesse is gay?

Yes.

Did a rewatch because I got caught up in my DVR again.  Was Skanky Darcey really going to go to bed with a full face of makeup?  How dirty.  And with hair like that, how often do you wash it?  She just seems nasty dirty to me.  Imagine the funk coming from her nether regions after a transatlantic flight in those ripped sausage casings she called pants.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8

Am I the only one who thinks that Jesse is gay?

British (actually Irish) talk show host Graham Norton plays a great audience game called "Gay or European?"

Jesse is European.

• Love 19

I wear little to no makeup. The most I will do is a swipe of lipgloss or lipstick. Darcy being so mortified at the thought of removing her makeup in front of Jesse is just so foreign to me. My bf saw my bare face on our first date as I showed up to the restaurant without any makeup on. That's just me though.

I can't read Jesse. Based on his reaction to Darcy, I can't tell what he sees in her. He seems like he was just barely tolerating her presence. He seems very practical and simple while she is the opposite. 

• Love 3

I think that Darcey is a bit gauche and it defnitely shows up in contrast to Jesse's mild-mannered Dutch whatever-ism. However I think she is naturally extremely attractive but she probaby feels young again. I think that Jesse is HOT. I cant explain it, maybe its the emotionless, unpassionate, well-mannered thing hes got going and I just want to put a pair of wooden clogs and take a stroll down Holland

2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

No, just in love with himself. 

There is a big difference culturally with how European guys dress and behave vs Americans.... in Europe most guys are "well-put together", wear more fitted clothes, more pastels, and nicer shoes, here in the US it would be considered as metrosexual but over there its mainstream

• Love 9

I just cannot read Jesse. I know why Darcey is in this relationship (desperate, middle aged, trying to cling onto her youth, etc) but what's in it for Jesse?  I cannot believe he is head over heels in love with whiny Darcey. I can't believe it's for the green card as he has a pretty sweet life (as it seems) in Holland.

Any guesses?!?!?

Just now, greekmom said:

I just cannot read Jesse. I know why Darcey is in this relationship (desperate, middle aged, trying to cling onto her youth, etc) but what's in it for Jesse?  I cannot believe he is head over heels in love with whiny Darcey. I can't believe it's for the green card as he has a pretty sweet life (as it seems) in Holland.

Any guesses?!?!?

Being on TV

• Love 5

All of the couples' threads are spoiler zones, as indicated by the red spoiler tag next to the thread name. 

If anyone is looking for spoiler-free conversation, they should stick to the episode threads. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, bethster2000 said:

Imagine the funk coming from her nether regions after a transatlantic flight in those ripped sausage casings she called pants

Well, Jesse stocked up on extra toilet paper and things, and he was worried about odors. LOL, I'd pay to see more of them in bed (no, not really) just for Jesse's reactions.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Quof said:

British (actually Irish) talk show host Graham Norton plays a great audience game called "Gay or European?"

Jesse is European.

It's not necessarily either/or.  Jesse could be a gay European. That's my hunch.

• Love 1

Was Jesse's moving to the US after this visit even discussed? Seems like the trip is more of a meet n' greet for Jesse but Darcey clearly thinks a proposal is a possibility. Is Jesse just playing it cool for the cameras? Or are they truly on two totally different pages? They don't appear to be in the same relationship! lol

• Love 7

1/ Bought her own engagement ring. (Like stupid Farrah from Teen Mom.)

2/"Carry me over the threshold!"

3/"I'd like to go to the Diamond Museum!"

4/"Do they do weddings here?"

Any   I  missed?  What makes her think a guy wants to hear that kind of talk?  It's so much more important that the guy LIKE you.   if marriage is in the cards, then it will happen.  why would you want to force a guy into it, who just isn't feeling it.  it will only get worse as time goes on.

• Love 7
31 minutes ago, Lesia said:

1/ Bought her own engagement ring. (Like stupid Farrah from Teen Mom.)

2/"Carry me over the threshold!"

3/"I'd like to go to the Diamond Museum!"

4/"Do they do weddings here?"

Any   I  missed?  What makes her think a guy wants to hear that kind of talk?  It's so much more important that the guy LIKE you.   if marriage is in the cards, then it will happen.  why would you want to force a guy into it, who just isn't feeling it.  it will only get worse as time goes on.

And changing his Facebook status ...I'm assuming to ENGAGED lol

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
On 14-8-2017 at 2:29 AM, CofCinci said:

Many Dutch are trying to leave because of the flood of Muslim immigrants. A young, uneducated/unskilled dude like Jesse has a hard time finding a job.  https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/13/world/europe/netherlands-election-muslims.html?referer=https://www.google.com/

As a dutch women I can say that your statements are complete b*llsh*t. No one is fleeing away for muslims and there are enough jobs out there. He is educated, he has a job. 

He is a bit too arrogant for the dutch culture, though. 

• Love 23
1 hour ago, Lilacly said:

How???

Jesse-Meester-and-darcey-silva-update.jpg

I wonder how much time was spent on propping her boob to achieve this weird boobage...

I'm not wondering how, I am wondering why. Nothing about her looks nice in this picture. The weird half dried and ough looking hair, the jorts, why does she look so oily? And the makeup does her no favor.

• Love 11

Lol. Their ''about' on Facebook:

House of Eleven by the Silva twins has quickly made a name for itself with sexy leggings, luxurious leather jackets, dresses and underpinnings. For House of Eleven the brand concept is based upon the seamless pairing of modernity and ease. With a perfect blend of an American classic and a European attitude, each collection celebrates the allure of femininity and strength of sophistication.

ETA: not the current collection, did not find them.

Edited by Landlord
  • Love 1
40 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Lol. Their ''about' on Facebook:

House of Eleven by the Silva twins has quickly made a name for itself with sexy leggings, luxurious leather jackets, dresses and underpinnings. For House of Eleven the brand concept is based upon the seamless pairing of modernity and ease. With a perfect blend of an American classic and a European attitude, each collection celebrates the allure of femininity and strength of sophistication.

ETA: not the current collection, did not find them.

Those ripped pants look ridiculous on her. The black pants were so tight that her skin bulged out of the holes. It was like the sidefat that Tina Fey played like xylophone in the movie Sisters 

Why is her face covered in oil? That is not a sexy look

Edited by spankydoll
  • Love 6