Type keyword(s) to search

Darcey & Jesse: Cougar Town

• Start Topic

Darcy’s daughters kept it 100 around the steak dinner drama.  Darcy & Dutch boy were acting like children.  Jesse has to be the biggest DQ I’ve ever seen - no normal man behaves like he does. He’s outrageous.

• Love 9

This couple is one of those where - if given a questionnaire as to which one is behaving better - the multiple choices would be:

1)  Jessie

2)  Darcey

3)  Neither of the above

4) Darcey's daughters

Choose two.  I'm going for 3) and 4).  I'm done with these two.  They need to stay together just so neither of them is free to inflict themselves on anyone else.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, AZChristian said:

This couple is one of those where - if given a questionnaire as to which one is behaving better - the multiple choices would be:

1)  Jessie

2)  Darcey

3)  Neither of the above

4) Darcey's daughters

Choose two.  I'm going for 3) and 4).  I'm done with these two.  They need to stay together just so neither of them is free to inflict themselves on anyone else.

Lol. Some people just  belong together so save someone else. 

• Love 4

Thank you Jon for saying this about Jesse. Seriously, Jesse is a whole mess. Darcey has her issues. She's a nag, whines, and the list goes on. Her issues can at least be resolved with the help of a therapist who enjoys a challenge. Jesse is just 100 kinds of crazy. I'd pay good money for one or any of his exes to come forward. I don't believe he's just like that with Darcey. I don't think it's just for TV or a bad edit either. Some of that is probably his real personality. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, AussieBabe said:
Seriously, Jesse is a whole mess. Darcey has her issues. She's a nag, whines, and the list goes on. Her issues can at least be resolved with the help of a therapist who enjoys a challenge. Jesse is just 100 kinds of crazy. I'd pay good money for one or any of his exes to come forward. I don't believe he's just like that with Darcey. I don't think it's just for TV or a bad edit either. Some of that is probably his real personality. 

Could it just be bad acting?  He had N days off and his significant other in Denmark has to work.  TLC said they'd fly him in for a few fun days in NYC.  Then he would start filming, do a stint in CT, have an irreparable fight, and go home on his scheduled flight.  So day of fight comes and "of course I love her forever" and yet also "omg I can't stay at all I am unsafe" and "hey kids, you know this isn't a real thing, right?" and "sure, drive me to the airport" and "bye, babe, see you in a few weeks for the reunion? I'll bring a shoe-repellent facemask ha ha" and FIN?

(Not spoiler, none of it from information, just from a feeling of how fake this all seems.)

Edited by sconstant
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, sconstant said:

Could it just be bad acting?  He had N days off and his significant other in Denmark has to work.  TLC said they'd fly him in for a few fun days in NYC.  Then he would start filming, do a stint in CT, have an irreparable fight, and go home on his scheduled flight.  So day of fight comes and "of course I love her forever" and yet also "omg I can't stay at all I am unsafe" and "hey kids, you know this isn't a real thing, right?" and "sure, drive me to the airport" and "bye, babe, see you in a few weeks for the reunion? I'll bring a shoe-repellent facemask ha ha" and FIN?

(Not spoiler, none of it from information, just from a feeling of how fake this all seems.)

I definitely think there's some bad acting at work, but if you remember during the 1st season before Darcey arrived, Jesse was...odd. He was rambling on about their pheromones. His stepfather was rude and talked about Darcey's age and whatever it was. I don't know how long the stepfather has been around, but it's likely that some of his ways and rudeness rubbed off on him. According to my guide, Jesse is coming back on 23 September, so we aren't going to be rid of him completely just yet. It just says, "Jesse plans another trip to see Darcey."  Even without them aiming for a storyline, I do believe they bring out the worst in each other. 

• Love 2
13 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

Wasn't this season of Darcey and Jesse actually filmed during the time he came for last year's Tell All?

That is what I've been led to believe.  He's wearing the same shirt & tie in his "talking heads" as he wore to the tell-all.  Does that mean they'll bring him back for THIS year's tell-all?

Who's even going to be at the tell all?  Can Micheal and Jon come?  Karine?  hazel?  Honestly I hope they skip the tell all this year. 1.  They never tell all.  2.  I hate all of them this season and have no desire to see Jesse squawk in front of Shawn about how he's scared of Darcy but loves her.

• Love 7

Knowing how these American participants jump from reality show to reality show, I'm wondering if Darcey will show up on MasterChef (with a crate of Rice-A-Roni and many pairs of Louboutins).  We all know she at least knows how to cut the meat!!!!

And - honestly - wouldn't it be awesome to see Gordon Ramsey have to deal with her?

• Love 12
7 hours ago, AZChristian said:

Knowing how these American participants jump from reality show to reality show, I'm wondering if Darcey will show up on MasterChef (with a crate of Rice-A-Roni and many pairs of Louboutins).  We all know she at least knows how to cut the meat!!!!

And - honestly - wouldn't it be awesome to see Gordon Ramsey have to deal with her?

Can she go on Marriage Bootcamp with Jesse? If not, she will pitch herself to something like Married At First Sight. I'd like to see Ramsey tear into her, but I think Darcey is only interested in romance based reality tv.

I'd live to see her on Survivor or The Bachelor. Her meltdowns would be epic.

• Love 4
22 hours ago, AZChristian said:

I would pay money to see Gordon Ramsey cal her a donkey!!  Ohhh. Can Jesse be on too.  Gordon you work on yourself and come back.    TV Gold

50 minutes ago, magemaud said:

How can Jesse think he’s model material? He has a weird disproportionate physique, sloped shoulders and an extra long torso. 

Don't forget stupid hair

Edited by Azanscrazyhair
  • Love 3

So...that whole scene with Darcey muttering over and over whilst butchering that steak, “You gotta cut it on the Biiiiiiias...I used to work in a restaurant...I know this stuff...I know how my kids like their steak cut...you’re supposed to cut it on the biiias...My kids like it this way...” That shit? Was so very disturbing to me. It basically highlighted how she ain’t right in the old noggin. But I was also relieved to read here that she does not have custody of her kids. With such a mother-centric judicial system, a mom has to do a LOT to lose custody of her children. So thankfully her ex and the local judge in question had the good sense to spare those two girls from the damage that living with Darcey full time would likely have had on them. Just, Oy!

• Love 12

Run, Darcey, Run!!!   He's the most arrogant and belittling person I've ever seen.  He's doing the show to get attention from being on television and feed his ego.  You are a beautiful young woman and  your girls are very bright.  Please don't expose them to his emotional abuse.  At some point they may think it's Ok to allow a man to treat them like this.  Get away from him and don't look back.  

• Love 2

I have been in a relationship with a guy just like jesse and I reacted to him the way darcey does. I get it. she wants to be loved so badly that she will allow a man to berate and gaslight her. I have been there. I feel nothing but sympathy for darcey.

• Love 8
19 hours ago, magemaud said:

How can Jesse think he’s model material? He has a weird disproportionate physique, sloped shoulders and an extra long torso. 

His IG is full of modeling shots and fans kissing his azz and telling him Darcey is crazy.  I thought he was an ok looking guy (agree,not a model)  - he’s gotten uglier to me since his insane personality was fully revealed. 

• Love 5
On 9/13/2018 at 11:40 AM, doyouevengohere said:

Who's even going to be at the tell all?  Can Micheal and Jon come?  Karine?  hazel?  Honestly I hope they skip the tell all this year. 1.  They never tell all.  2.  I hate all of them this season and have no desire to see Jesse squawk in front of Shawn about how he's scared of Darcy but loves her.

Then they need Michael Poor dispensing relationship experience, and maybe a team of Mohammad and Luis like Statler and Waldorf on the Muppet Show. Or add Azad and they can do MST3K. 

• Love 6
8 hours ago, pollywood said:

I have been in a relationship with a guy just like jesse and I reacted to him the way darcey does. I get it. she wants to be loved so badly that she will allow a man to berate and gaslight her. I have been there. I feel nothing but sympathy for darcey.

I had one of those but I was in my very early twenties and did not have confidence, some how the Jesse's of this world find the women on shaky ground and run full speed ahead to undermine every thought and action a women may make.

• Love 5
8 hours ago, DNR said:

His IG is full of modeling shots and fans kissing his azz and telling him Darcey is crazy.  I thought he was an ok looking guy (agree,not a model)  - he’s gotten uglier to me since his insane personality was fully revealed. 

I looked at his IG and was shocked by the women fawning over him. And all his Zen, love posts. Yeah right.

• Love 3

Could the timeline have been something like this: Jessie comes to NY sometime last September "for the first time" as he says on the cab ride from the airport and they stay in the city for a couple of days, during which they film the restaurant tantrums and birthday boat ride with the girls. Then they go to the Air BnB in Connecticut where they continue to argue, Jesse leaves for the night but returns for the interview the next day (held at the B&B). Next Darcey is shown driving him to the airport, but he really didn't go back to Amsterdam at that point. Now, it's the end of September when last season's "Tell All" was filmed.  Remember how Jesse's appearance was supposedly a "surprise" to Darcey and they obviously weren't on good terms? Thank you to the sharp eyed poster who noticed that Jesse wore the same clothes for his THs this season and for the Tell All (which kind of surprises me since he appeared to bring a shit load of clothes with him). All this leads me to believe the entire fake drama was filmed last year, immediately before the "Tell All," during the same trip to the US in September, 2017. Apparently, by February, when Darcey and Stacey got arrested for fighting, Jesse confirmed they were no longer together. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Could the timeline have been something like this: Jessie comes to NY sometime last September "for the first time" as he says on the cab ride from the airport and they stay in the city for a couple of days, during which they film the restaurant tantrums and birthday boat ride with the girls. Then they go to the Air BnB in Connecticut where they continue to argue, Jesse leaves for the night but returns for the interview the next day (held at the B&B). Next Darcey is shown driving him to the airport, but he really didn't go back to Amsterdam at that point. Now, it's the end of September when last season's "Tell All" was filmed.  Remember how Jesse's appearance was supposedly a "surprise" to Darcey and they obviously weren't on good terms? Thank you to the sharp eyed poster who noticed that Jesse wore the same clothes for his THs this season and for the Tell All (which kind of surprises me since he appeared to bring a shit load of clothes with him). All this leads me to believe the entire fake drama was filmed last year, immediately before the "Tell All," during the same trip to the US in September, 2017. Apparently, by February, when Darcey and Stacey got arrested for fighting, Jesse confirmed they were no longer together. 

Or he did go back to Amsterdam but they flew him back and they filmed more TH so they could make it a two season arc with their footage.  My mind is blown, this is so good.  Only possible doubt in my mind is that the girls seemed littler last year than this year?  

Edited by sconstant
3 hours ago, RedBagWithMakeup said:

I looked at his IG and was shocked by the women fawning over him. And all his Zen, love posts. Yeah right.

ugh, how many times did he use the word "beautiful" (which is apparently the only adjective he knows)?

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sconstant said:

Or he did go back to Amsterdam but they flew him back and they filmed more TH so they could make it a two season arc with their footage.  My mind is blown, this is so good.  Only possible doubt in my mind is that the girls seemed littler last year than this year?  

Did we see the girls in person last year or just on Skype or photos (which could have been taken at any time.) The THs could have been filmed anywhere, even in Amsterdam, but since he wore the same clothes, I think they were filmed here around the same time as the Tell All, and before he went back. 

BTW, I had to laugh at this IG photo shoot where he's pretending to be some kind of mechanic? The adoring comments are gag-worthy

Edited by magemaud
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Did we see the girls in person last year or just on Skype or photos (which could have been taken at any time.) The THs could have been filmed anywhere, even in Amsterdam, but since he wore the same clothes, I think they were filmed here around the same time as the Tell All, and before he went back. 

I honestly don't remember about whether we saw them first season, but recently looked at this going-to-Denmark promo (http://content.jwplatform.com/previews/44Ov9qJP-qInh6Xrr) which I found in the earliest thread here, and the girls just look a year or so younger (and the kitchen isn't that AirB&B - so it's a different AirB&B? :) )

On 9/14/2018 at 8:10 PM, gingerella said:

So...that whole scene with Darcey muttering over and over whilst butchering that steak, “You gotta cut it on the Biiiiiiias...I used to work in a restaurant...I know this stuff...I know how my kids like their steak cut...you’re supposed to cut it on the biiias...My kids like it this way...” 

Thank you for stating this. If that were my 'friend' and he wanted to do the steak - do it. My kids can choke down some stupid steak to be polite. Darcy is a mess, and so is Jesse.

• Love 9
15 hours ago, Chalby said:

Thank you for stating this. If that were my 'friend' and he wanted to do the steak - do it. My kids can choke down some stupid steak to be polite. Darcy is a mess, and so is Jesse.

No kidding about the girls eating the steak. I got into it on Reddit with some but who thought that the girls should be catered.to. My Mom would have insisted that we are what our guests made us for dinner and said thank you..

• Love 4

Alright, I can't handle not understanding these two anymore. Somebody please help me out here. I watch them and can't for the life of me figure out what they're doing together.

Jesse looked like he was literally holding himself back from beating Darcey to a pulp in the car on the way to the airport. And then when they arrive, he says, "good job", and she jumps on him like a chihuahua to hug and kiss goodbye. In what universe do these juxtaposed behaviours make sense.

• Love 13
1 minute ago, AZChristian said:

In the universe of TLC paychecks and free publicity for people who are "self-employed."  

Yes, that's the other part I can't figure out. What can this kind of free publicity  - acting like totally dysfunctional, self-absorbed loons - do for their careers.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, deedee2 said:

Yes, that's the other part I can't figure out. What can this kind of free publicity  - acting like totally dysfunctional, self-absorbed loons - do for their careers.

100% agree.  Would you go to Jesse as a life coach?  Would you wear ANYTHING that you've seen Jesse or Darcey wear?  No on both counts for me.

• Love 10
24 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

In the universe of TLC paychecks and free publicity for people who are "self-employed."  

What about the free publicity that the handsome Botox MD will be getting next week?  Don't do it Doc!!  Do you really want your medical practice to be associated with this trainwreck of a show?  Or for that matter with that mutton-dressed-as-lamb teenperimenopauser?

• Love 4

When Jesse came back after the first fight, he was heading upstairs and Darcy couldn’t just stay downstairs and let it be, she had to fly after him and start yammering away. Then she goes to the other room and just stands listening, finally saying” I’m here babe if you need me! “

What an annoying “PITH”

• Love 5
1 hour ago, deedee2 said:
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

I think that fame is more likely achieved by being (or acting like) an unlikeable, totally dysfunctional, self-absorbed loon.

I'm old (relatively!), but I remember "Speidi", "Omarossa", and "New York".  

But I'm hard-pressed to remember any reality stars known for their kindness (maybe Big Ang...but ironically, she was probably the only one of the group that could actually be dangerous.  She hung with people that you don't f### with).

Edited by OldButHappy
punctuation
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, OldButHappy said:

I think that fame is more likely achieved by being (or acting like) an unlikeable, totally dysfunctional, self-absorbed loon.

I'm old (relatively!), but I remember "Speidi", "Omarossa", and "New York".  

But I'm hard-pressed to remember any reality stars known for their kindness (maybe Big Ang...but ironically, she was probably the only one of the group that could actually be dangerous.  She hung with people that you don't f### with).

There is a strange phenomenon that occurs with regular folks who go on Reality shows. I would imagine that actors use some techniques to separate themselves from the roles that they play. The amateurs of Real Housewives, 90 Days, Teen Mom, etc. don't appear to have that ability. You really notice it on the Bravo Housewives series because most of those ladies from the early years had come in with a degree of financial and social success before appearing on the show. These regular people get to caught up in maintaining a storyline that they become absolutely desperate to remain relevant or at least on TV. Ideally you would participate in a few seasons of a show and give people a glimpse into your everyday life, cash your checks and go back to living your life. Many of these characters become so enamored by whatever weird version of fame these reality folks have and become desperate to keep it. Desperate like an addict who will degrade him or herself to no end to keep the supply coming and they go into a tailspin when they lose their cache and Lord forbid if they have to go back to working actual jobs. 

• Love 4

No kidding about the girls eating the steak. I got into it on Reddit with some but who thought that the girls should be catered.to. My Mom would have insisted that we are what our guests made us for dinner and said thank you..

I could have understood it if Jesse was seasoning the steak and making it too spicy or something like that. Fine - politely let him know that's too much pepper or whatever. But it was about how the steak was cut! It was ridiculous. And Darcey hacked away at it in a very amateurish way, nattering on about how she knew how her kids liked it. It was ridiculous.

• Love 7

Aw cmon guys -  how about the Emmy award-winning acting from Jesse last week.

Will never forget this memorable scene.  Jesse's gaslighting Darcey, bating her to break up with him, and she does.

The tears streaming from the big guys' eyes. 

Not believable, so it had to be acting. . . .right?

• Love 2
On 9/16/2018 at 3:33 AM, magemaud said:

BTW, I had to laugh at this IG photo shoot where he's pretending to be some kind of mechanic? The adoring comments are gag-worthy

Edited by NinaN
  • Love 1