Type keyword(s) to search

Stews and News: Below Deck Med in the Media

• Start Topic

Ugh. Crap'n Sandy is back. I LOATHE her. I don't know if I'll be able to tune in. Lordt why did they bring her back??? I read above that Ben might be on the boat? Maybe he's a mid-season replacement for the homophobic chef? Fingers crossed. LOL.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Colin is pretty much the star of all the new promos. 

I must be seeing the wrong ones because I have only seen Sandy focused ones that make me almost not watch.

• Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I must be seeing the wrong ones because I have only seen Sandy focused ones that make me almost not watch.

SAME! And then I saw that they are airing a Captain Sandy countdown of top moments. NOPE - cancelled that recording immediately!!! Why doesn't bravo get it and replace her? Or do they think that any talk is good talk?!? 

Edited by slaterain
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, biakbiak said:

It’s more that he’s the “star” in the sense that whatever part he’s in, he stands out in a good, fun way. In the Sandy “Hero” 🤢 ad, he’s just here and there for a moment, but where he is, he’s great.

Yup, count me in on the "I cannot believe they brought back that self absorbed, sycophant Captain Sandy. She is an embarrassment to female sea captains, and women in general. She's also quite unprofessional IMO. Always barking orders and acting the fool when women she's hot for are onboard. If a guy did that they'd be dismissed, but for Captain Sandy I guess BravHo thinks it's cute. It's not cute. She's an asshole.

• Love 5

Watching a bit of the marathon from last season - on Bravo today. Right back to loathing Sandy - so incredibly unprofessional and poor choice for a boat captain. I am mystified as to why she's back - perhaps she'll have a RHOBH Camille Grammer redemption season, but I highly doubt it. Must be slim pickings for a reality tv show boat captain. HORRIBLE. I don't know if I can even tune in this season... who am I kidding, of course I'll give it a try, if even to hate watch it. LMAO

• Love 3
1 minute ago, biakbiak said:

The article just says fans on twitter thinks she is a plant not that she is.

I hate click baiting articles like that. Fans think Mila is a plant. Thanks I know because I'm a fan who either expressed similar sentiments or like posts that suggested the same.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 5/23/2019 at 11:40 AM, gingerella said:

She is an embarrassment to female sea captains, and women in general. She's also quite unprofessional IMO. Always barking orders and acting the fool when women she's hot for are onboard.

I have to disagree with you. Both Captain Sandy and Captain Lee have their likeable and unlikeable traits, but they both are good at their jobs. I do not prefer one over the other. The show isn't really about the captains, anyway. 

Edited by Chalby
  • Love 8
12 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is it okay to put spoilers on this thread?  I just read one yesterday about what's coming up next week.  Would like to post it. 

Only with spoiler tags.

13 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Is it okay to put spoilers on this thread?  I just read one yesterday about what's coming up next week.  Would like to post it. 

Give me ALL THE SPOILERS (in a spoler tag!). 

• LOL 1

Welp.  Due to comments on WWHL, Joao and Hannah are now fighting on Twitter.  She's giving Colin a pass even though he had said some stuff too.

A disclaimer. It was late and I was not paying full attention, so this is a gist of what I remember hearing.

They got asked about Hannah's love life.  And Joao said something that wasn't clear.  And then I think he said it's a "yachty" saying.  Somewhere Colin chimed in.  But what was finally said?

You didn't miss a chance, you missed your turn.

So Hannah, in all caps, responded with slut shaming and other Twitter posters are saying misogyny.  Aesha chimed in and basically said you slut shamed me too.

Joao apologized with the ever popular "if I offended you" apology. 

Meanwhile, Colin is out of the fray.  Even though he said some things too.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, dosodog said:

Welp.  Due to comments on WWHL, Joao and Hannah are now fighting on Twitter.  She's giving Colin a pass even though he had said some stuff too.

A disclaimer. It was late and I was not paying full attention, so this is a gist of what I remember hearing.

They got asked about Hannah's love life.  And Joao said something that wasn't clear.  And then I think he said it's a "yachty" saying.  Somewhere Colin chimed in.  But what was finally said?

So Hannah, in all caps, responded with slut shaming and other Twitter posters are saying misogyny.  Aesha chimed in and basically said you slut shamed me too.

Colin is reaping rewards for not participating in on-camera, workplace discussions about Hannah’s bodyparts with Jack and Travis. 

• Love 5

Saw a TMZ piece about NBA player Draymond Green charting a luxury yacht off the coast of Sardinia.

The yacht nominally goes for $200k a week.

I would think that these yachts have minimum number of days for a charter, probably at least a week, because it might not be worth taking a yacht out of harbor for these 2-day charters featured on BD and BDM.

They're not even using much fuel, because they're just like a kilometer or two outside of the harbor, if that.

I'm sure they always want to anchor near some land.  In the Tahiti season, they were near places which couldn't be reached by car or by foot, so there were private beaches which had to be reached by boat.

But in the Cote d'Azur, there are few such remote or private places in the coast.  Though there are reportedly little coves that people only reached by boat.  I remember reading in a guidebook that there were such spots where Princess Caroline and Stephanie of Monaco would frequent.

• Love 4
(edited)

I just watched the clip and Andy asked if Travis had a real chance with Hannah this season. Colin nodded and Andy said, "So you do think so?" Colin responded by saying, "Well, it's Hannah." Andy questioned what that meant and Colin tried to go back on what he said. That's when Joao chimed in with his "yachty saying".

I'm disappointed in both of them, especially Colin since he's always seemed so respectful of women. It did seem that they were joking but these were cruel jokes directed at Hannah. Given her relationship with both of them this season, I can see why she would be very hurt.

Why Colin is getting a pass from Hannah, I'm not sure. 

Edited by Jsage
  • Love 6
(edited)

Not really.

People stumble. It's what they do after they stumble that I watch. 

It's hard, but people can change.  Joao is much better than he was, but still has a long ways to go.

Producers, Colin, even Hannah several weeks ago on WWHL say they see a difference in him.

Even with all the info that came about from #metoo, men are still going to mess up.  I want them to change, to be aware.  But I also recognize that to expect it to happen overnight isn't going to happen either.

The motorboat scene, which I can't find any comments from Hannah, is gross.  Just like that yachty saying.  Men have  had no boundaries, but women are starring to set those boundaries. 

And sometimes women move the boundaries. What one woman finds acceptable, other women dont. Everybody gets confused.  Last season we watched Hannah "seduce" Conrad with the idea that she'd go sleep with some rich old man when Conrad wanted nothing to do with her.  He said no and she persisted.

Now, any woman can do as she pleases as far as I'm concerned. But!  There are always consequences, both good and bad.

So at this moment in herstory, I prefer to work with men in changing their ways with kindness and education  rather than go straight for torches and pitchforks. 

Unless you're Jeffrey Epstein and others of his ilk.  Then I say:

james whale riot GIF by Maudit

Sadly, I could not find a gif of all women.

Edited by dosodog
  • Love 7

Here it is.  I forgot it had to do with Motor boating Travis.

Which is strange Andy asks that question because they keep showing Hannah and Travis hooking up in the season's previews so we already know they did hook up.

• Love 1

they keep showing Hannah and Travis hooking up in the season's previews so we already know they did hook up.

I actually think that’s why she is cutting Colin slack because they do hook up and there are ways one could read Colin’s comment which he stated immediately didn’t mean Andy’s Interpretation of and could have meant of course he had a shot because Hannah was interested. She gives him the benefit of the doubt because the comment wasn’t as crass and he doesn’t have a history of it.

Though the part where he said he heard both sides of the B/J and he sides with Joao but he wouldn’t call it cheating is ridiculous because the only thing Joao has said about it is that it was cheating you dumbass!

• Love 2

Do you think that's why she hasn't said anything about the Travis/Hack motor boat comments?

She did hook up with him down the road or at least that's how it's appearing?  So she's okay with that? 

Maybe Hannah has to wait for stuff to air before yelling at Travis?

This is why I think about boundaries. I don't think what any of the 4 men had to say was appropriate. But only one gets called out-probably because of last year.  Colin doesn't have a history, Travis and Jack are new and JezeBob.

But does that excuse them? Because of lack of history?

This show should not be working my brain this much! 

• Love 2
On 7/9/2019 at 10:44 AM, Jsage said:

I just watched the clip and Andy asked if Travis had a real chance with Hannah this season. Colin nodded and Andy said, "So you do think so?" Colin responded by saying, "Well, it's Hannah." Andy questioned what that meant and Colin tried to go back on what he said. That's when Joao chimed in with his "yachty saying".

I'm disappointed in both of them, especially Colin since he's always seemed so respectful of women. It did seem that they were joking but these were cruel jokes directed at Hannah. Given her relationship with both of them this season, I can see why she would be very hurt.

Why Colin is getting a pass from Hannah, I'm not sure. 

Really, what they said isn't any worse than what a lot of posters here have said about Hannah.  I don't think it's that she's a slut, it's that she reeks of desperation.

On 7/9/2019 at 11:21 AM, biakbiak said:

This is probably a true statement because her desperation chases them away.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Really, what they said isn't any worse than what a lot of posters here have said about Hannah.  I don't think it's that she's a slut, it's that she reeks of desperation.

But we are not her coworkers/friends.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

But we are not her coworkers/friends.

Where is Captain Sandy to tell Colin and Joao that implying that your coworker is a slut is mean, undermining, and might lead to suicide? I'm waiting. Still waiting. I'm sure Sandy will chime in...any...second...now. Any...second. Nope. Sandy confirms that she's the hypocritical asshole and POS I've thought she was. 

• Love 10
On 7/9/2019 at 11:48 AM, LotusFlower said:

Someone tell Captain Sandy.  

So I gather you think Captain Sandy needs the spotlight, whereas Captain Lee's book signings and tour is just the run of the mill? I think they both are equally good, but we watch the show because of the crew rather than the Captains.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Chalby said:

So I gather you think Captain Sandy needs the spotlight, whereas Captain Lee's book signings and tour is just the run of the mill? I think they both are equally good, but we watch the show because of the crew rather than the Captains.

Sandy’s thirsty for camera time; Captain Lee is not.  That was my only point.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
22 hours ago, LotusFlower said:

Sandy’s thirsty for camera time; Captain Lee is not.  That was my only point.  

Fair enough. Thank you for explaining how you perceive Sandy and Lee. Cheers

Captain Sandy is the worst.  She loves the camera.  Captain Lee loves the perks that come with being on the show, but I don't get the impression he loves the camera or goes out of his way to be on camera.  

I thought that just a week or two ago, we saw Jack admit that he would push things as far as he could with Joao before he stopped being the lazy tool that he clearly aspires to be; hence my elevated irritation when he tried to tell Joao that he needed to speak to him more respectfully.  I'm not a Joao fan, but he's never been disrespectful to Jack.  

• Love 8
On 7/23/2019 at 10:05 AM, AttackTurtle said:

Captain Sandy is the worst.  She loves the camera.  Captain Lee loves the perks that come with being on the show, but I don't get the impression he loves the camera or goes out of his way to be on camera.  

I thought that just a week or two ago, we saw Jack admit that he would push things as far as he could with Joao before he stopped being the lazy tool that he clearly aspires to be; hence my elevated irritation when he tried to tell Joao that he needed to speak to him more respectfully.  I'm not a Joao fan, but he's never been disrespectful to Jack.  

I think that some people are unclear about the boss and employee relationship. If your boss tells you to do something, you do it. If you've done something wrong, you're going to hear about it and you're expected to correct it. Unless the boss is being a total ass about it or is abusive, just get it done without the attitude. That's your job.

• Love 6