Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Making the Team

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

Random thoughts on this episode:

-Agreed with the poster who said that they should be begging Alexandria (Patriots cheerleader) to be on the team. She is gorgeous, has an amazing body and is so likable with great leadership qualities. I do find it kind of amusing that she just bought a house in Massachusetts and then went off to Dallas, but hey, you do you, girl!

-When they were showing pictures of Katelynn's (name spelling?) time as a Tiger Girl there was one shot where the girls were wearing Wonder Woman cheer outfits and it was fabulous and amazing.

-Yuko and Kashara are adorable.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, bunny said:

Random thoughts on this episode:

-Agreed with the poster who said that they should be begging Alexandria (Patriots cheerleader) to be on the team. She is gorgeous, has an amazing body and is so likable with great leadership qualities. I do find it kind of amusing that she just bought a house in Massachusetts and then went off to Dallas, but hey, you do you, girl!

-When they were showing pictures of Katelynn's (name spelling?) time as a Tiger Girl there was one shot where the girls were wearing Wonder Woman cheer outfits and it was fabulous and amazing.

-Yuko and Kashara are adorable.

I feel like in the northeast, California, etc. if you've got a chance to buy a house you can afford you jump now and ask questions later. Lol. Maybe it's inherited from a family member? Or she's renting it out? Her boyfriend was with her before auditions, so curious how that'll shake out. 

It'll be such a bummer if she's one and done like Mandy! But...older, tons of experience, ridiculously pretty, strong connection to her hometown...the signs are there. Still worth having her for whatever time they've got tho! [\spoiler]

Edited by kalibean
Added spoiler tags just in case a retired vet is a spoiler!
  • Love 2

Kalyssa does have a job though (or at least she did around when training camp started), so it's not like she does nothing besides being a cheerleader.  I get that it kind of seems weird to be dedicated or smart or whatever enough to be valedictorian and then not go to college, but she does have time and at least she won't regret not following her dream when she had the chance.

Edited by Preity
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

There hasn't been any spoilers on this thread since the mod warning...

Spoiler

I think the "one and done like Mandy" comment is a spoiler :(

13 hours ago, Jazzmom said:

Just saw the ad on tv..took a screenshot from what I think is after Hollly's solo.  

IMG_8594.JPG

Spoiler

I couldn't understand how one of those dance tops could just pop off, but now that I see the back I totally get it!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ByTor said:
  Hide contents

Spoiler

do you consider that a spoiler though? I thought everyone noticed that Mandy was nowhere to be found in the latest episode lol. I thought literally everyone knew she was gone.

8 minutes ago, ByTor said:

@heatherrrrz...as someone who notices NOTHING in the background (sometimes I barely notice the foreground LOL) I guess I could sympathize :)

hahah I like to notice the background things, especially on shows like this.

14 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Isn't that the point of Technique Tuesdays??  To introduce the gals to other styles of dance and help them with new choreography?

Oh, OK.  Got it!  I didnt realize- I guess because I did not expect that during the auditions. TC yes, but not the actual auditions.

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
3 hours ago, ByTor said:
  Hide contents

Hide contents

I couldn't understand how one of those dance tops could just pop off, but now that I see the back I totally get it!

Thank you. That's the comment to which I was referring. 

3 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:
  Hide contents

do you consider that a spoiler though? I thought everyone noticed that Mandy was nowhere to be found in the latest episode lol. I thought literally everyone knew she was gone.

It's not Mandy that's spoiled, it's the one and done comment and the TCC candidate. It implies that she makes the squad, and the poster hopes she's not a one and done like Mandy. 

Im not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to stay unspoiled. 

3 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Thank you. That's the comment to which I was referring. 

Im not trying to be a jerk. Just trying to stay unspoiled. 

I don't personally think you're being a jerk, and I can see why you thought my Alexandria comment was spoilers. It wasn't! We know that several of the rookies shown will make TC, and I don't think it's an unfair assumption based on what's been shown the first two episodes that Alexandria has a good chance of making camp AND the squad.  

Judi and Kelly have mentioned a couple times that she was a group leader for the Patriots and she's tall, willowy and conventionally beautiful...things they seem to value.

As for Mandy, maybe I just don't know the rules on spoilers for this show, because generally speaking, if it's mainstream media it's not considered a spoiler and that news has been out for over three months. She also wasn't shown in this episode. Hopefully a mod can clarify! I know it's a spoiler free zone so that definitely wasn't my intention. I added tags to my prior post just in case. [\Spoiler]

Edited by kalibean
Editing the quote to take out potential spoiler.

Just wanted to say I am getting the biggest kick out of @ShellyB!  I know what it is to be that mom in the audience or the wings and just so proud and hopeful for your daughter to perform at her best!  The way Shelly only has eyes for Dayton, the little shimmies and flinches her body does because she is so intent on her daughter that she doesn't even know she's mimicking Dayton...it's just cute!  Can't tell you how many times my feet have cramped because I didn't realize I was pointing MY toes so hard watching my girls at the ballet.  Or how you don't even realize you are holding your breath when your daughter is doing a combination you know is hard for her.  It's not being a stage mom, it's just loving the girl so much that you want every good thing for her, and you know how hard she has worked to get to this point!

It just makes me grin to see Shelly like that because I can so relate!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, kalibean said:

I don't personally think you're being a jerk, and I can see why you thought my Alexandria comment was spoilers. It wasn't! We know that several of the rookies shown will make TC, and I don't think it's an unfair assumption based on what's been shown the first two episodes that Alexandria has a good chance of making camp AND the squad.  

Judi and Kelly have mentioned a couple times that she was a group leader for the Patriots and she's tall, willowy and conventionally beautiful...things they seem to value.

Reveal hidden contents

As for Mandy, maybe I just don't know the rules on spoilers for this show, because generally speaking, if it's mainstream media it's not considered a spoiler and that news has been out for over three months. She also wasn't shown in this episode. Hopefully a mod can clarify! I know it's a spoiler free zone so that definitely wasn't my intention. I added tags to my prior post just in case. [\Spoiler]

Ok! Sorry!!!!!! ?

Just now, kalibean said:

You're good!! I felt really bad ? XOXO

Omg, nooooooo! I didn't mean to make you feel bad. I'm too blunt sometimes. 

I hope she makes it. I'm mostly unspoiled. There's a few names I know who make it, and one I know who doesn't. I'm scanning the other thread for all the vet gossip!

• Love 1

I like Alexandria- Patriots but I can see how people would think she wouldn't stick around long term.  I think being away from everything is going to be harder than she realizes.  

(Please realize I'm unspoiled so I have no idea if any of these people make it)

Alexandria in the red who made faces- I liked her a lot.  Hope she gets it together for finals.

Brianna from high school- girl, I can kick higher than you, and I'm almost 38 and I've never danced in my life.  I like her, but I see her becoming the next Taylor if she makes TC.

Brianna Titans- like her, but she is, as they say, good and not great.  Needs to get great by next week!

Girl in white from another NFL team- Lauren- girl has killer abs.  Like rivaling Kelli.

I like both Jets girls.

At first, I didn't like the fact that semis got its own episode.  But it enables us to meet more girls.  I loved the segment on the vets.  Love Carsten.  And my Kelsey.  Hope she's a five year girl!  

• Love 3

I don't dislike Brianna, but I honestly don't get what they see in her. I can totally see her as a DCC in a few years, but Kelli said she was no.1 at prelims and well... the few scenes we saw of her in both episodes she seemed to lack in power and confidence and her kicks were horrible. Plus she looked way taller than everyone else in an awkward way, like the 'crab walk' girl from last year's tcc who ended up being cut. She is stunning and as she was with the rockettes i'm sure her kicks aren't really that awful, I'm just curious as to why the judges loved her so much based on what we saw on the show.

Btw now that I said Brianna was taller than everyone else, I laughed so hard with Kalyssa during the kickline. I'm not making fun of her because I'm sure she's taller than me, but they've put her in the middle and she looked so tiny compared to everyone else.

I found myself annoyed with Kalyssa . She's just too much extra I guess you could say. The ta ta shaking thing was raunchy as Kelli or Judy (forgot which one said about Vivian) and I remember a girl named Leah audition they said was too much and overly sexy that it was dirty, I feel Kalyssa was more over that line than either Vivian or Leah! Just my two cents....

• Love 4

Episode 2 thoughts;

!. I HATE that they used 3 whole episodes for auditions, mainly to show intros on so many girls, personally when I rewatch the season I always skip to episode 3, now it will be  episode 5 or 4 depending on how good this week is.

2. I really think Kaitlyn is a great dancer. Those kicks  WOW.

3. Love the Tara/Savanna friends from the Jets audtioning and making to finals together. I am experiencing Danielle and Jasmine all over again. Hopefully it continues.

4. Anthony Ramos was better his fashionista was toned down some until the awkward statement during judging when he said Tennessee gal had his favorite outfit on. That was so irrelevant in judging panel. I just don't get him being a judge and they should use him solely for the fashion show/makeover episodes.

5. Kalyssa- all I can say is that I will reserve any comments for if she makes it to TC

6. Interesting, 2 of the songs that were replaced with different music in season 10 did not get replaced on this episode. Of course I was able to watch the show on a friends CMT channel and saw  later on my Amazon episode that they replaced 'We are Family' being played with a corny song What's up with that!  It was the song that made that moment.  

7. The bad dancer section this year was funny but it always baffles me that some of these girls are not AWARE. Like the girl with sweatpants and sparkles seemed like she was dared to go and act ridiculous to get on TV. (Oh wait that was the 1st episode)  sorry.

8. Brianna looks like a really pretty actress from the 80's Phoebe Cates

9. Love seeing Kinzie! 

10. Dayton is lovely and looks like her mom I would like to see more of her.

11. Back to Kalyssa ...when the preview showed her answering the question about the first lady. She didn't say she didn't know, she said she couldn't SAY who she was, maybe perhaps she was a hater and could not bring herself to let the name exit her lips.  Just a thought.

12. Lacey seems like a genuine girl and her story about her brother got to me.

• Love 1
19 hours ago, Taryn Tempestwind said:

Just wanted to say I am getting the biggest kick out of @ShellyB!  I know what it is to be that mom in the audience or the wings and just so proud and hopeful for your daughter to perform at her best!  The way Shelly only has eyes for Dayton, the little shimmies and flinches her body does because she is so intent on her daughter that she doesn't even know she's mimicking Dayton...it's just cute!  Can't tell you how many times my feet have cramped because I didn't realize I was pointing MY toes so hard watching my girls at the ballet.  Or how you don't even realize you are holding your breath when your daughter is doing a combination you know is hard for her.  It's not being a stage mom, it's just loving the girl so much that you want every good thing for her, and you know how hard she has worked to get to this point!

It just makes me grin to see Shelly like that because I can so relate!

It gets so much more complicated as our kids grow up. Flashbacks to the oh so pretty scribbles having no form on a ripped paper our 3 yr old does. Fast forward 15 years and it just keeps magnifying. I can relate, and there is no turning away from how transparent our joyful cheers are when we see our kids reach goals. I expect nothing but the best of Dayton. Sounds like your daughter is very lucky. Thanks for sharing this.

1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

The bad dancer section this year was funny but it always baffles me that some of these girls are not AWARE. Like the girl with sweatpants and sparkles seemed like she was dared to go and act ridiculous to get on TV. (Oh wait that was the 1st episode)  sorry.

This woman actually made several comments on the MTT Facebook page that she was not there to audition and K&J knew that.  She was just there to support a friend.  I don't know HOW supporting a friend includes faking auditioning, but there you have it!

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

Episode 2 thoughts;

!. I HATE that they used 3 whole episodes for auditions, mainly to show intros on so many girls, personally when I rewatch the season I always skip to episode 3, now it will be  episode 5 or 4 depending on how good this week is.

I agree, I always start rewatching a season from 3, and 2 if I'm feeling good. First round of auditions is not my fav, so imagine my shock when episode 1 was only that. This season has me on pins and needles though, I wish I could take a nap for a few months and wake up to binge the whole thing. Speaking of 1st found of auditions, 

4 hours ago, ByTor said:

This woman actually made several comments on the MTT Facebook page that she was not there to audition and K&J knew that.  She was just there to support a friend.  I don't know HOW supporting a friend includes faking auditioning, but there you have it!

Do we think the other girls are upset about women who show up to auditions and treat it as a joke/have no chance of making the squad? To me it seems to make the day unnecessarily longer. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Do we think the other girls are upset about women who show up to auditions and treat it as a joke/have no chance of making the squad? To me it seems to make the day unnecessarily longer. 

I would be relieved seeing a girl like that. I would think to myself... 'okay, well I know I'd be picked over her... and her... and her..'

• Love 2
13 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

I agree, I always start rewatching a season from 3, and 2 if I'm feeling good. First round of auditions is not my fav, so imagine my shock when episode 1 was only that. This season has me on pins and needles though, I wish I could take a nap for a few months and wake up to binge the whole thing. Speaking of 1st found of auditions, 

Same. Most of the girls they feature don't even make it to TC.

• Love 1
On 8/16/2017 at 3:47 PM, ByTor said:

Did she say if her friend made it to finals or TC?

I find the most entertaining part of the show seeing girls that do not have anywhere near the outer total package to compete further. Some of them just look busted. Others, it's like, "You cute, but NO." You have to admire their confidence. 

2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Did she say if her friend made it to finals or TC?

In all her posts she never mentioned it.  Here is her longest post:

I'm the leggings girl... I wore leggings to let them know that I wasn't there to become a cheerleader. I was there to support and stand by my beloved friend who is the amazing dancer in green that's auditioning in front of me. I'm a television host/ red carpet interviewer, those crystals on my face are representing me and who I am as a Tv hosting personality. Reality tv is what they want to make of you, I had three really great interviews and an inspiring speech before my audition, in which I made it clear that I was there to support my friend and to inspire others to take advantage of the opportunities that are given to them. Who cares if someone tries out just to tryout, we live a very short life and props to everyone for putting themselves out there, even if you know you're not going to be the best of something, why not try something just because, why stop yourself from experiencing something new... live this life to the fullest, my friends, for one day, today will be the last one you have.

Edited by ByTor