Type keyword(s) to search

S12.E02: Making the Team

frenchtoast
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Rita J said:

I read on Melissa's (the one that just retired) IG somewhere that they do the routine twice.  Once in front row and once in back row.  Then they do the kickline twice. Once with right splits and once with left splits.  But not sure how accurate that is.

Well, since it's coming from Melissa I'd tend to believe it's accurate :)

• Love 2
5 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

She definitely looked disheveled during her meeting in K&J's office. I'm used to her looking absolutely gorgeous all the time,  so it took me by surprise. I think she's feeling the pressure and is probably just as afraid as we are for her future on the team.

I think it also had a lot to do with all that eyeliner she had on.  It was pretty thick. Usually Kelsey wears minimal eyeliner and it makes her eyes look so bright and big, blue, and shoes off how gorgeous they are.  I think all that liner darkened her look.

3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Well, since it's coming from Melissa I'd tend to believe it's accurate :)

What I meant to say was if my memory was serving me accurately lol 

• Love 2

I don’t know if this falls into what the moderator was talking about (and no one answer if this is it) but what happened to Jenna?  Or can you answer this...well, never mind.  I don’t want to get anyone in trouble.

Regarding low kick Brianna from New Jersey, it struck me odd that just because a judge thinks she gave up, that might not be the case at all. But we’ll see.

I am more interested in the auditioning girls this season. I am not a big fan of the veterans on this team, hence I have been absent from this board as I am bored by who is left on the DCC squad. The rookies seem to have more energy and enthusiasm than some of the more recent rookies. And of course I love the gossip on the vets.  

I love the new style that CMT introduced.  It’s about time they shake up the formula!!!

Edited by PBSLover
spelling
  • Love 2
3 minutes ago, Rita J said:

I think it also had a lot to do with all that eyeliner she had on.  It was pretty thick. Usually Kelsey wears minimal eyeliner and it makes her eyes look so bright and big, blue, and shoes off how gorgeous they are.  I think all that liner darkened her look.

It totally could have been. Kelsey's blue eyes are usually mesmerizing.  I understand the idea of heavy makeup for the cameras, but it doesn't do these gorgeous ladies any favors. And can you imagine what their faces look like after hours of heavy, aggressive dancing? Blech.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Rita J said:

What I meant to say was if my memory was serving me accurately lol 

Gotcha!  But I think you remembered correctly, I swear I heard the same thing as well :)

• Love 1

Regarding low kick Brianna from New Jersey, it struck me odd that just because a judge thinks she gave up, that might not be the case at all. But we’ll see.

I always think it is weird and unfair for someone to assume someone "gave up" or "doesn't want it enough" when they don't do a great job. Who knows what is going on in someone's head! that's judge seemed so adamant too!

I loved this episode! I love how they changed it and added in those pieces with K& J and the vets. The scene with Jenna had a clear ulterior motive- not sure if K & J knew it and Jenna didn't, or if she knew as well and it was a "friendly reminder" type of meeting. It seemed heavily laced with prior discussion. I used to love Jenna, especially when she was a high schooler and met Sydney. I don't think she has matured much, and comes across as juvenile and too playful. She is a good dancer, yes, very good, but I agree with someone above me that said the team would march on without her. 

I am a fan of the biracial girl who had the single mother (sorry, can't recall name). I think she is so pretty and has a wonderful body. I would love to have a body like that! She seems so nice and kind, too. I don't like how Ramos said she looked like a cat. I don't see how he has any room to talk about her looks and I thought it was just a dumb thing to say. I think she will look good with a make over, but I think she looks nice as she is. Yes, her hair is too dark but I think the weave is not high quality. It looks heavy and wig-like. 

I don't understand the New England girl buying a fixer uppper and then leave the boyfriend to fend for himself to move so far away. That doesn't seem like a good plan to me, and I don't get it, unless he has a ton of money or they are trust fund children with disposable income. I think she has a great body, but I don't find her face that attractive. 

I think that Dayton is a very pretty, kind, and sweet girl, but she seemed heavy-ish to me, especially in the legs. I don't think we got a good look at her dancing, but I remember when Cassie tried out she was so bad that she texted her mom to apologize and thought she was doomed. I think she has way more to offer than Cassie in the looks department and personality department. I think her outfit it very pretty(the purple). 

Sorry, didn't care for the Kashara segement and her with Yuko. It did nothing for me, but I am not a Yuko fan at all. I do like Kasahra, but did she look a bit thick sitting down? 

I thought Kelsey looked like a wet rat and very... unkempt. She looked horrible! I used to think she was so pretty, but something looked so different about her. I actually wasn't even sure it was her in the room. The flashbacks were a reminder of how she looked. Hopefully it was just a bad day. 

Can't wait to see more! I could watch this all day long. It is the best show out there. 

• Love 6
48 minutes ago, woodscommaelle said:

Lol! The sparkle was gone. 

I've never been a Kelsey fan. I don't see the appeal.

Kelsey has never been the strongest candidate out there, but she's always had the beauty to help her coast onto the team (similar to Emily from season 7). But she didn't have her beauty during this episode. At all.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Kelsey has never been the strongest candidate out there, but she's always had the beauty to help her coast onto the team (similar to Emily from season 7). But she didn't have her beauty during this episode. At all.

Emily Claire? One of my faves!

• Love 1
9 hours ago, DelilahBlue said:

I love hearing from the judges during deliberations, but Anthony Ramos just needs to go away. I hate that they're showing him so much.

Totally agree, after watching the first time all the way through, I fast forward through his segments when I re-watch.

Haha I love how much you guys hate Anthony Ramos. He doesn't bother me.  Yet. I like hearing what he has to say though I don't think it has a single bearing on whether a girl makes it or not.

They should have to learn and do the kick line for round one.  No one advances if they can't do it.

Charlotte is so robotic.

Edited by woodscommaelle
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, WichitaStateShock said:

Why would they let Brianna into finals with low kicks? They know that never works out.

I assume she's in for cannon fodder. The judges seem to think she's cute and charming, so they can have their once-a-season "her kicks are godawful but jeez we really like her!" dilemma before ultimately cutting her.

I honestly couldn't believe Dayton made it through. Look, I've got absolutely no room to be judging anybody on their body and I should clarify that Dayton is NOT normal people overweight. But she looked soft in the middle as compared to the others that made it through. I know Kelli and Judy talk a big game about how the legacies have it harder because they have to overcome the idea that the DCC played favorites with them, but I truly and honestly believe that she absolutely wouldn't have made it through if she were an average Jane off the street and not a legacy.

Also, I know I'm probably going to Hell for this, but I feel like what Kelly and Judy wouldn't outright say was that they didn't think Whitney was pretty enough to be a DCC. I don't really have anything to back that up, but the fact that they couldn't give a reason other than "just not a fit" makes me think that it was something that Kelli and Judy wouldn't want to say for fear of looking like mean girls. One thing I've noticed over the seasons is that Kelli's usual reason for telling a girl not to come back is usually looks related. A girl's dancing can get more powerful. Her kicks can eventually get higher. She can learn how to be a better interview. But short of suggesting plastic surgery, a girl cannot change what her face looks like.

Edited by BabyVegas
  • Love 5

I LOVE this season so far!! We've always said we wanted to see more of the audition process, and turns out the producers listened! I've really enjoyed the first two episodes so far and I'm SOO excited that there will be a full episode dedicated to finals. ?

- Kristi Scales seems like such a nice person.

- Loved seeing that shot of Judy in the stands looking out onto the field.

- Lauren seems a little... overstimulated. I don't think I could listen to her talk for more than a few minutes in real life. 

- Loved seeing the veterans segment at the end!

- Agree that they should stop showing Kelsey's interviews! Enough already. But woof she really did look like a drowned rat when she got called into the office.

- Did Melissa have any lines this episode? I think the producers listened to us on that too! 

• Love 2

I think Whitney is pretty and has a great look for the team. I think K and J would have liked to have her on the team based on looks alone, but she's just not a good dancer and she has a weird personality. She's awkward and off-putting. But her body and kicks are great. The Dolphins love her. I personally find her annoying and not fun to watch.

• Love 8
20 hours ago, Rita J said:

YEP!

"I'm 50 yard line Kelsey and I just killed my panel interview!"

I wish they'd let her move on too, but her being a fan favorite, I have a feeling it won't be the last time they focus on that.

And right there, she showed that she has the poise to be a spokeswoman for the organization. Grace under pressure and bullying. I loved Kelsey right from that moment.

• Love 16

Re: Kelsey's interview clips...can we put the horse away now? It's dead. It's dust.

NJ Briana kicks were bad. We had to try out to do our high kick routine in drill team in hs. Yeah, those would not have made it. I could see that being another racing Taylor situation.

titans Briana has great showmanship, but if she goes on she will have probs at uniform fittings. She is adorable, but she looks thicker on bottom. Like me. :)

katelyn's kicks were gorgeous but her hair was bad...she looks older and I don't think she is. She is a great example of makeover candidate. 

Kalyssa annoys me already. Stop showing your boobs girl. Dang. We get it. I'm sexy; I'm cute....now but a top on!! Did y'all notice she came out in her sparkly bra after she made it? I can't put on a tshirt. Not bothered! 

miranda is pretty, but she's a midge, a brunette Barbie. Very plastic. I used to think that about Tasha, but she's softened some. 

Theres something I can't put my finger on about Christina. She's pretty, has a cute smile, but I'm just not sold. Maybe it's because she made excuses. I am a stubborn go getter even with all my health issues. I never make excuses and I guess that's why she bugs me.

normally I don't say mean things about people, but Kellie Pickler is annoying af!! Her accent is ridiculous because I thought she was from Texas and we sure as heck don't talk like that. I have a pronounced drawl, but it isn't that one. That show just seems....silly. 

I don't get to see the previews. I'm sad.

anyway, Phil's dance was cute, but they took a close up to some girl who looked pissed!  ? it's just dancing, honey. That's why you're there. 

• Love 4

Regarding Kelsey, I thought she looked fine in the end-of-episode office talk. Looks like her lipstick was worn off some, but working out and rehydrating will do that. I thought her hair looked intact and her makeup fine. She's always worn black eye liner. Maybe this time it had spread a bit because of sweating, don't know. But I thought she looked great. Considering how Kelli grilled her last year, and her past flubs in the Interview process, I think she's one classy and poised woman.

I thought Kelli pairing KaShara and Yuko on the Mexico trip (it looked like a short-term pairing, not a year-long thing) was a wise move, and one that shows she genuinely interested in the welfare of the squad. KaShara is outgoing, kind and generous with her friendship. I'm sure that helped Yuko relax and have fun too. Hopefully Yuko will assimilate even more this year.

• Love 7
46 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

Just rewatched the episode...took note of Judy not voting for Celinda 

I think Judy rarely likes the girls coming back with a few expectation. I think when Ashley Pro  re-auditioned after she got she didn't want her back , she thought it's a waste of time training someone who she knows their weaknesses !!

• Love 2

I don't get the Yuko thing.  I think there were other strong girls to make the team team but I LOVE Kashira taking her under her wing and including her.  The segment was really cute.  I was wondering when swim suit calendar is shot...because how long was she sad and not feeling part of it before Kaskira roomed with her? And how long is that shot over 3 or 4 days?

1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:

Just rewatched the episode...took note of Judy not voting for Celinda or Brennan.

I remember for when Chelsea was talking her way onto the team first TC.  Judy was saying how she would be correcting her all the time.  The borderline girls are work for Judy.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:

Just rewatched the episode...took note of Judy not voting for Celinda or Brennan.

There was one girl that Judy said the yes vote was Charlotte's and not hers. Charlotte couldn't be there but left her notes with Kelli and Judy.

Edited by MrsEVH
42 minutes ago, Mardo2044 said:

I don't get the Yuko thing.  I think there were other strong girls to make the team team but I LOVE Kashira taking her under her wing and including her.  The segment was really cute.  I was wondering when swim suit calendar is shot...because how long was she sad and not feeling part of it before Kaskira roomed with her? And how long is that shot over 3 or 4 days?

The swimsuit calendar is shot like a month before tryouts so it made me sad that Yuko felt that left out for that long.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, BabyVegas said:

Also, I know I'm probably going to Hell for this, but I feel like what Kelly and Judy wouldn't outright say was that they didn't think Whitney was pretty enough to be a DCC. I don't really have anything to back that up, but the fact that they couldn't give a reason other than "just not a fit" makes me think that it was something that Kelli and Judy wouldn't want to say for fear of looking like mean girls. One thing I've noticed over the seasons is that Kelli's usual reason for telling a girl not to come back is usually looks related. A girl's dancing can get more powerful. Her kicks can eventually get higher. She can learn how to be a better interview. But short of suggesting plastic surgery, a girl cannot change what her face looks like.

I've always felt this way because of the comments they make in their interviews about her. I thought she was beautiful and her AAIA and dolphins pics capture that, but I always thought that K&J thought she didn't have a DCC look. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

Kalyssa annoys me already. Stop showing your boobs girl. Dang. We get it. I'm sexy; I'm cute....now but a top on!! Did y'all notice she came out in her sparkly bra after she made it? I can't put on a tshirt. Not bothered! 

Hahahahahaha I noticed that too... she was seriously the only chick outside after auditions without a shirt on! And I'm sorry, but if she really was valedictorian and chose to be a Thunder dancer in lieu of college, that's just pathetic. Do both. Maybe she couldn't afford college, and if that's the case, then I'm a jerk. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

ok. #103 this week.. last week #241...she was the one last week who also had a little extra "pelvic/hip wiggle-movement" {trying to choose my words} going on, right ? The girl was doing moves for clubs she is barely old enough to get in.

If so, I wonder if some of her moves comes from  (a) too much training in majorette dance-style (at first I thought she was trying to do move called "bucking")  and/or (b) some NBA & college dance teams do pour on the sex-kitten moves on the dance floor.

I know the NBA plays a lot during the week for a long season, but I do think one can go to college, if only a class or two. Maybe taking college level technical dance classes, might help her a little to tame her sexy.

Can't wait to see her solo..

Edited by sATL
58 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Hahahahahaha I noticed that too... she was seriously the only chick outside after auditions without a shirt on! And I'm sorry, but if she really was valedictorian and chose to be a Thunder dancer in lieu of college, that's just pathetic. Do both. Maybe she couldn't afford college, and if that's the case, then I'm a jerk. 

It is pathetic and I don't see why she couldn't do both - however, maybe she spent all her college money on her boob job...

• Love 6
1 hour ago, PrincessLeia said:

I did happen to read on her FB page that she had a fundraiser in her town selling T shirts to raise money to get to Texas. I got the impression she does not have a lot of $$$. 

Brianna the former Titans cheerleader did look a little bottom heavy to me. I do not know why but she bugs me for some reason. She reminds me of Season 9 TC Candidate Alexandra who Kelli was practically drooling in her pantyhose over, but Judy was not too impressed. Brianna does not say DCC to me.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, MyFavShows said:

It is pathetic and I don't see why she couldn't do both - however, maybe she spent all her college money on her boob job...

Sounds like Kalyssa made a choice to devote 100% of her energy to dance, and I think that's totally fine.  Sounds like she found her love of dancing much later, and dance years are limited. So why not go full bore and invest 100% in something you love that has a short-time span? College will still be there when she's ready. 

55 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

I did happen to read on her FB page that she had a fundraiser in her town selling T shirts to raise money to get to Texas. I got the impression she does not have a lot of $$$. 

Wow, really? I think that's admirable.

• Love 1

I just managed to see the episode so I have A LOT of comments.

On 8/11/2017 at 8:35 AM, PrincessLeia said:

Neal McCoy has moved into simply being a perv. He doesn't bring anything to the table. I loved him in the 90s, but is he really still big in country music? I'm not a country music fan anymore!

I guess he does make valuable comments as well, otherwise I can't picture Kelli being THAT happy with someone being so overly sexist. Yes the girls to male fans are mainly eye candy, but she is working so hard to ensure they get the best girls in every aspect and reducing them to comments like "she's hot" is insulting.

On 8/11/2017 at 6:02 PM, woodscommaelle said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but was Jenn marking it when they were teaching the routine?  Her dance looked so much different than Holly's....and not in a good way.

Jenn was in the hospital like a week or two before that. It was her choreo as well so I'm impressed with her resilience.

35 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Sounds like Kalyssa made a choice to devote 100% of her energy to dance, and I think that's totally fine.  Sounds like she found her love of dancing much later, and dance years are limited. So why not go full bore and invest 100% in something you love that has a short-time span? College will still be there when she's ready. 

I don't think it's admirable. Maybe she is really that passionate with the team but her comments about her awesomeness were off putting and it does seem like she only cares for the exposure and status she will get with the dccs. But either way, i don't think that leaving everything behind to move in a different state when you can't even afford to travel there,just to get a ridicusly underpaid part time job is a sound decision. 

Aaand i've managed to somehow delete half of my post!

• Love 3

A general reminder: The episode topic is spoiler free. Discuss only what was seen in the episode. Adding spoilers from knowledge gleaned from spoilers social media or rumors is not permitted in episode topics. In that spirit, don't hint spoilers either. There is more than one place to talk about the current goings-on. The spoiler free episode topic is a place for those that want to watch and talk about the episode and just the episode. You have myriad places to speak about spoilers. It's only fair that spoiler free people have a place to talk without it being ruined by hints & innuendo. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't think it's admirable. Maybe she is really that passionate with the team but her comments about her awesomeness were off putting and it does seem like she only cares for the exposure and status she will get with the dccs. But either way, i don't think that leaving everything behind to move in a different state when you can't even afford to travel there,just to get a ridicusly underpaid part time job is a sound decision. 

Each person lives their life on their own terms and make choices based on their values. Kalyssa came to dance late and wants to pursue that.  For me, I say more power to her.  And that she cares enough to work hard and use ingenuity to get what she wants instead of asking for a handout is admirable, IMHO. 

To me, she nut-shelled her life frankly and concisely. She seems ambitious about dance, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I haven't seen enough of her to say she only cares about self-exposure. 

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 1
15 minutes ago, KatebytheSea said:

Each person lives their life on their own terms and make choices based on their values. Kalyssa came to dance late and wants to pursue that.  For me, I say more power to her.  And that she cares enough to work hard and use ingenuity to get what she wants instead of asking for a handout is admirable, IMO. 

To me, she nut-shelled her life frankly and concisely. She seems ambitious about dance, but that isn't necessarily a bad thing. I haven't seen enough of her to say she only cares about self-exposure. 

I totally see what you're saying and we can't know for sure who's 'right'. I don't think it's fair to judge someone after only getting a couple of scenes but that's reality tv. Poor Kelsey is stuck with the 50 yards line even after a year on the team. So I guess it's kinda up to them to present themselves wisely on tv... and Kalyssa's comments plus her ta ta shaking moves plus her being the only one leaving auditions without a shirt on... hopefully she will win me over next week.

i haven't commented on the vets' scenes. I would love to see more of the interviews, as well as them learning the routine. Their talk with Jenna was weird. She supposedly was a leader last year as well and I don't understand how they could ask a 6 year veteran who had a leadership role last year, if she is ready to step up. But I loved that they acknowledges the retiring veterans. It was only fitting as they lost so many valuable cheerleaders-as Kelli herself said.

Something is different than being just a group leader and being group 1 leader, point, most senior vet on the team and the go to vet. Jenn K left them with huge shoes to fill. She is mature, organized, and a phenomenal dancer and teacher. She reminds me of the veterans from seasons 1-5 when they seemed more mature. I understand their sit down with Jenna, asking her if she is ready and willing to step into that role. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

and Kalyssa's comments plus her ta ta shaking moves plus her being the only one leaving auditions without a shirt on.

They all wore the same type of dance outfit but hers was the only one I thought was a bra every time I saw it. She danced more like a stripper than a cheerleader. I want to like her, since it seems she'll be here for a while, but so far all I see is a hot chick shaking her tits. Hmm, I guess I know get her appeal. lol

I was not a fan of that country singer judge guy. UGH! I bet Kalyssa was his favorite. He seems the type who likes to look at half naked women wiggling their assets.

I was really disappointed in the young one (Brianna? the names take me a while) kicks. Those were not impressive at all. But Kelli mentioned bringing her to the next round to try to motivate her enough to come back next year. I like that Kelli sees potential in some of them and wants to see them succeed.

Bye Whitney. Not everyone gets to reach their dreams. Time for a new one because this one is just not going to happen.

• Love 1
On 8/11/2017 at 1:45 PM, Nancybeth said:

I definitely got the sense that Alexandria's house was in the Boston area, and that's where her boyfriend lives.  That is a lot to give up to be a DCC.

Yes, their house is in the Boston area. While they made it seem more recent on the show, they purchased it in 2016.

• Love 1
On 8/11/2017 at 0:05 PM, tinabee1967 said:

I kind of figured Cary was not going to advance. The only way she will have a shot at being a DCC is to get a nose job, and quite frankly, that is a bad reason to get one.

I thought Savannah with the strawberry blonde hair was gorgeous. I also really think Yuko is adorable and amazing. Good on Kashara for taking her under her wing!

Kelli indirectly let Whitney down in the most elegant and direct way possible, short of hitting her in the head with a 2x4. 

Solid Gold dancer Briana.....I do not know why she bugs me, but she does. And Jenna's smile seems manufactured and fake. She is clearly putting on a show for K&J. She did not win me over. Maybe at first and then I thought, "OK. No."

I totally agree with everything you said.  Was Cary the mother/daughter duo?  When I first saw them I thought wow, they have hatchet faces. Their noses really bothered me.  I can't imagine having a nose like that and not having it fixed.  Yes, I know I am going to hell!!!

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, LaurelleJ said:

Something is different than being just a group leader and being group 1 leader, point, most senior vet on the team and the go to vet. Jenn K left them with huge shoes to fill. She is mature, organized, and a phenomenal dancer and teacher. She reminds me of the veterans from seasons 1-5 when they seemed more mature. I understand their sit down with Jenna, asking her if she is ready and willing to step into that role. 

I was thinking the same thing about Jenn K.  I personally don't see any of the vets this year who are the natural leaders they have had in the past (Jenn, Holly A. ect.)  I know Jenna has been on the squad the longest but I don't see her in that leadership role.

Adding more, I do see Cersten as a possibility of being the next great leader for the squad if she stays.

Edited by missmansfield
Added more
  • Love 5

Missmansfield, yep. You are correct. Cary was part of the mother/daughter duo. Maybe they are both confident in the way they look. If so, neither should change a thing, but unless Cary goes under the knife, she won't stand a chance of making the squad, sadly.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I totally see what you're saying and we can't know for sure who's 'right'. I don't think it's fair to judge someone after only getting a couple of scenes but that's reality tv. Poor Kelsey is stuck with the 50 yards line even after a year on the team. So I guess it's kinda up to them to present themselves wisely on tv... and Kalyssa's comments plus her ta ta shaking moves plus her being the only one leaving auditions without a shirt on... hopefully she will win me over next week.

i haven't commented on the vets' scenes. I would love to see more of the interviews, as well as them learning the routine. Their talk with Jenna was weird. She supposedly was a leader last year as well and I don't understand how they could ask a 6 year veteran who had a leadership role last year, if she is ready to step up. But I loved that they acknowledges the retiring veterans. It was only fitting as they lost so many valuable cheerleaders-as Kelli herself said.

Re: Kelsey - On the one hand, I wish CMT editors would quit bringing out the "50 yards" Kelsey and let her live that down. On the other, I guess I can see Kelli's point in "checking in" with Kelsey regarding her upcoming interview. As history has it, Kelsey is 2 (bad Interviews) to 1 (good Interview).  How many times have we seen Vets come into auditions with weight gain, not knowing the routine, etc. Maybe Kelli wants to make sure Kelsey doesn't take her year on the squad for granted and is unprepared for the Interview.  Maybe this year will tie her up 2 to 2 and CMT will drop the bad interview crap!

Re: Jenna - We haven't seen any other Vet interviews (do they do them yearly?), but I agree that it's weird to ask a 6 year Vet if she's ready to "step up." As a Manager, I know my employees, so I could tell you who was ready to lead. Guess Kelli isn't sure about Jenna.  But I guess it would have been a slap in the face to her as most senior Vet if they hadn't put her in a leadership role.

I too was so pleased they acknowledged the retiring Vets! I will really miss Melissa, and I thought Megan C had the most beautiful, natural, joyful and charming smile I've ever seen. She just lights up the line. I'll miss seeing her along with Jenn K and Danielle. 

Edited by KatebytheSea
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, Rosiemac said:

That may very well be the case.... but if she was valedictorian, she should've qualified for major academic scholarships. Our class valedictorian got a full ride to Harvard. 

3 hours ago, KatebytheSea said:

It's totally fine because at the end of the day, people can make their own decisions. But devoting yourself to dance 100% by dancing for OKC just isn't the same as going to NYC to make it on Broadway. Sure college will still be there, but if she wants to go to a reputable 4 year college like a UT or an SMU, it's not like those are easy to get into, especially if you have a big gap in your resume. But I'm old and have the benefit of hindsight. She's young and hot and it's her life! 

• Love 3