Type keyword(s) to search

SuperPositive

• Start Topic

A happy little thread where you won't have your squee squashed! This is the Alternate Universe of the Bitterness or Bitch/Jerk thread. Vent your positive feels without judgement! : Note please no, "I'm so happy that X is so much better than Y", i.e. no sideswipes at other characters, plots or fans as you express yourself. 

Thank You Sue for help with the wording! : )

• Love 11
1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Cool thread. Just curious will this be a spoiler free thread or will there be squeeing about spoilers under spoiler tags?

Squee away, with tags of course, we can't just go crazy ; )

So I re watched the pilot today for reasons, which were important damnit! Don't judge me! Anyway I think it's the best pilot I've ever seen, I have no idea if it's the actors, directors or plot, it just really gets to me and reels me in.

• Love 4

David Nutty (director) is apparently the "Ace"to go to for directing a pilot. Here's what grabbed me:

1)Brother relationship -- immediately compelling and believable.  Left me wanting moarrrrrr.

2) Classic rock - squee over the tone it set

3) Sassy dialogue - always a plus

4) legit scary MOTW

• Love 5

Yay, I am moving in!

I really do love the first season, we get to learn so much about both of the boys, as they are learning how to live with each other 24/7.  Love that we have new monsters, wish they would still introduce new ones. I am excited for the new season,

Spoiler

they have stripped them down, like they did in season 7

, can't wait to see how it plays out.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, SueB said:

David Nutty (director) is apparently the "Ace"to go to for directing a pilot.

I have to say "David Nutty" really made me laugh!  (I think his name is "Nutter," which isn't all that much better.)  

• Love 2

I love the legitimately scary mini-horror movies of season one. I love the weird sepia look of seasons one and two. I love the cohesive mytharc of season 5. I love it when the boys hug, especially the rare occasions where it happens without one of them dying. I love it when the boys hug people besides each other. I love the outdoor cinematography that makes me want to move to British Columbia. I love the sheer variety we can get out of this series. I love Sam. I love Dean. I love the Impala. I love that I can find something to love every season.

• Love 9

Yeah, it's David Nutter. He's a prolific director especially for pilots (Dark Angel, SPN, Arrow, The Flash to name a few) He did many episodes of X Files, which is probably how he ended up directing the SPN pilot and Wendigo. He's done some the best Game of Thrones episodes.  I wonder if they would try and get him for an SPN movie if that ever came about.

• Love 2

The last thing I do before going to sleep every Christmas Eve is watch A Very Supernatural Christmas.

I love young John & Mary almost as much as I love the brothers.

Misha Collins has made me a better person.

• Love 7
12 hours ago, ahrtee said:

I have to say "David Nutty" really made me laugh!  (I think his name is "Nutter," which isn't all that much better.)  

I swear that was an auto-correct!   It is Nutter.  But, how much you wanna bet he had Nutty as a nickname at SOME point in his life.  

3 hours ago, sarthaz said:

Misha Collins has made me a better person.

Me too!

• Love 3

No matter what, I will always love that Supernatural has given me one of my all-time favourite TV characters in Dean, and exposed me to the talent that is Jensen Ackles. I love that I will never hear Carry On Wayward Son the same way again. I love that the words son-of-a-bitch, balls, and assbutt can paste a silly grin on my face. I love that Supernatural gifs/memes show up in random places that have nothing to do with Show. I love the Impala. I love the J2 friendship and the way that nearly everyone associated with the show seems to genuinely like and respect each other.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 10
21 hours ago, SueB said:

I swear that was an auto-correct!   It is Nutter.

And now I'm thinking of that commercial where the kid says he wants "Another Nutter Butter peanut butter sandwich cookie!"

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I love that Supernatural gifs/memes show up in random places that have nothing to do with Show.

The one with the Impala and the Scooby van has hit my Facebook page so many times!

• Love 6

I didn't even know this show existed until a couple of years ago.  The ring tone for my son is Carry On My Wayward Son, I love that it exasperates him that when he calls me I let it ring so I can listen to it. I love that when I am wearing a AKF shirt random people come up to me to comment on the show. I love loving a show that my son and I both watch and have in common. 

Edited by Diane
  • Love 7

Is that Steve McGarrett's house? So he knows Sam and Dean Winchester? On the show, Steve has a bromance going with the Danny (Dano) character.  Danny even gave Steve his liver when Steve was shot,

Edited by shang yiet
  • Love 1

I was doing the TNT Rewatch a couple of times this week.  

I was really struck by the Dean/Tessa conversation..'No, tell me why YOU are doing this?'   I love how Dean can connect to people.  With that one sentence, despite having an itch standby mcstaberson need, Dean is laser focused on Tessa.  And IMO his genuine concern comes out for her.  Just like HER genuine concern comes out for him. 'Dean, what have you done?' (Referring to the Mark).  

I really liked her her as a character and I loved their interaction. 

• Love 5

*Warning--gushing ahead*

I love this show. With my all encompassing love for The X-FIles I never thought that another show would reach the same levels of adoration but I was pleasantly blown away by Supernatural. I love the brothers and their angsty, flawed, loving, co-dependent and immensely entertaining relationship. I fell in love with the Winchesters upon first viewing and later with Castiel as well. Dean Winchester is neck in neck with Fox Mulder as my all time favorite character. Even though the writing for the characters may disappoint this viewer at times I am never disappointed with the awesomeness that Jensen, Jared and Misha consistently bring to the table.

• Love 11

I love this thread, just found it!

Mick and I have watched since the Pilot, and have watched every single show live. It's "our" show. I can find something great about every season.

Thanks for this thread! I'm tired of Supernatural bashing! I certain season 13 will rock! We're making plans for our menu for the premier, and it's circled in red on our calendar! Even our friends know not to call or text if Supernatural is on!

• Love 6

Heh, you know, I think there's a recipe for road-kill casserole in the Safe House thread...just sayin'. 

But, bacon cheeseburgers are a good choice too. As long as you got the whiskey and pie, the rest doesn't matter! ;)

• Love 3

One week until our show comes back! After everything that happened in the finale, I really want to see how it all plays out. There have been so many good season premiere episodes with this show, and I’m really looking forward to the beginning of Season 13.

• Love 6
28 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

One week until our show comes back! After everything that happened in the finale, I really want to see how it all plays out. There have been so many good season premiere episodes with this show, and I’m really looking forward to the beginning of Season 13.

Me too!

• Love 4

Mods can delete if this is the wrong thread; but! Is anyone else excited about "Wayward Sisters"? I am! Not sure about Jodi's wards and Missouri's granddaughter, but I love Jodi and Donna together! Next to a Bobby and Rufus spin-off, this was my fondest wish!

I can't imagine our life without some form of Supernatural, and this fits in perfectly. I know, we have to wait and see how the writers handle it, but I have high hopes!

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Mick Lady said:

Mods can delete if this is the wrong thread; but! Is anyone else excited about "Wayward Sisters"? I am! Not sure about Jodi's wards and Missouri's granddaughter, but I love Jodi and Donna together! Next to a Bobby and Rufus spin-off, this was my fondest wish!

I can't imagine our life without some form of Supernatural, and this fits in perfectly. I know, we have to wait and see how the writers handle it, but I have high hopes!

I am excited too.

• Love 2
Just now, Diane said:

I am excited too.

Thanks Diane! You're my buddy, ain't ya!

But seriously, I think this is the perfect spin-off. Much better than the monster cluster-fuck a few years ago. This will keep us fans watching! The diehard fans will never give up!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

I'm interested to see what they do with it. I love both Jody and Donna and think there's enough here to carry a full series, but I do worry that fandom may not give it a chance, though. This fandom can be so damn fickle sometimes! I kinda wish they hadn't made all the hoopla over it and instead just brought the ladies into the fold more this season quietly. Hopefully I'm pleasantly surprised though and it all comes off like a dream.

Still though, I can't help but pitch my series of mini-series idea... ;)

• Love 6
14 hours ago, Mick Lady said:

I’m excited about it too! I think Jody and Donna are great characters, and I even like Claire. I’m looking forward to seeing characters with different histories, abilities, personalities, etc. And I’d watch just about anything set in the Supernatural- world.

• Love 5

I was hopeful going into last season about the mytharcs, but right from the premiere, I started losing interest.  I was not at all hopeful going into this season, but I really enjoyed this premiere! I liked Jack and the actor that portrayed him.  I'm far more open to his storyline than I was before this episode. I liked his interactions with Sam, the sheriff and her kid. And I'm looking forward to seeing him interact more with Dean.

Maybe this is a sign that I'll like the AU more than I'm expecting to as well.  There are so many different directions they could go with it. Fingers crossed that they don't zero in on the angels to the detriment of other stories. 

• Love 6

Really looking forward to tomorrow nights show, live watching for the first time in forever. Also going to try live tweet. So happy that this show can still make me excited to watch 13 seasons in. 

• Love 6
13 hours ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

Overall, I am really enjoying this season so far.  The developing storylines are pretty intriguing.  

Yep, I agree. 

They've developed Jack into a much more believable character than I would have thought they would, the story lines are good, and there's a soulless prophet out there relying on the moral compass of Mister Rogers in order to stay good. All I need is Billy Burke's snarky Mitch from Zoo.

• Love 3
On 8/9/2017 at 8:54 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

No matter what, I will always love that Supernatural has given me one of my all-time favourite TV characters in Dean, and exposed me to the talent that is Jensen Ackles. I love that I will never hear Carry On Wayward Son the same way again. I love that the words son-of-a-bitch, balls, and assbutt can paste a silly grin on my face. I love that Supernatural gifs/memes show up in random places that have nothing to do with Show. I love the Impala. I love the J2 friendship and the way that nearly everyone associated with the show seems to genuinely like and respect each other.

My son, who first introduced me to Supernatural a couple of years ago,was home for Thanksgiving and saw me watching something on my laptop with earbuds in my ears..He immediately said, "You're watching Supernatural again...I can tell because you always get that weird  smile on your face", followed by a mocking,"oh, Deeeeaaan!". Ah, well, there are worse things in life! LOL

• Love 8
3 hours ago, mertensia said:

They've developed Jack into a much more believable character than I would have thought they would,

I agree.  Jack could have been so flat and shallow, but it seems like they've rounded him out pretty nicely.  Of course, he's still 'new' - and I don't mean just as a character, but as a being - so there should still be more development for him on the horizon, but I feel pretty confident that, based on how he's been portrayed so far, that will also be good story telling. 

Asmodeus when he was first introduced didn't excite me too much.  I had a feeling that he was going to be after revenge on Lucifer, but his plot line seems more interesting now also, with him being able to tell that Lucifer isn't as powerful as he used to be (that's a new skill I don't think we've seen before!) and working with Ketch.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I agree.  Jack could have been so flat and shallow, but it seems like they've rounded him out pretty nicely.  Of course, he's still 'new' - and I don't mean just as a character, but as a being - so there should still be more development for him on the horizon, but I feel pretty confident that, based on how he's been portrayed so far, that will also be good story telling. 

Asmodeus when he was first introduced didn't excite me too much.  I had a feeling that he was going to be after revenge on Lucifer, but his plot line seems more interesting now also, with him being able to tell that Lucifer isn't as powerful as he used to be (that's a new skill I don't think we've seen before!) and working with Ketch.

I agree about Asmodeus.  I think he is interesting now that we’ve seen more of his techniques.  I like the mystic angle and use of  a hunter informant and Ketch.  I don’t like the comedy-demons schtick but the demons were pretty fierce fighters in this 13.06.  

I’ll take more comments about demon development to ‘All Seasons’

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

They failed with Buffy's Dawn and Angel's Connor.  But so far I'm enjoying the character Jack and appreciating the actor.  I didn't think I would.

I'll defend Connor LOL. I think he got a bad rap! Poor kid. Vincent Kartheiser did a good job in a thankless role.

I wanted Jack to be more grey area but he's not unlikeable.

• Love 1